PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Draft Talk

JBHuskers
03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
http://dcprosportsreport.com/files/2012/02/2012-nfl-draft-logo.jpg

Who's ready?

Who do you want your team to get?

For Da Bears, I'd be real happy with a Alshon Jeffery or Malcom Floyd.

morsdraconis
03-30-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm NOT happy AT ALL that Washington traded up for the #2 spot, but I'm praying to god that we get Luck instead of Griffin. Griffin is going to be mediocre, at best, in the NFL.

SmoothPancakes
03-30-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm NOT happy AT ALL that Washington traded up for the #2 spot, but I'm praying to god that we get Luck instead of Griffin. Griffin is going to be mediocre, at best, in the NFL.

Not a chance. Luck is about a close to a sure thing as you can get to going to the Colts.

morsdraconis
03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Not a chance. Luck is about a close to a sure thing as you can get to going to the Colts.

But, Irsay is insane and might take Griffin anyway, or, at least, that's what I've been able to talk myself into believing to save myself the heartache of the next 3-5 years of watching Redskins football....

psuexv
03-30-2012, 10:22 PM
I really hope the Steelers go after Oline or DBs. That or Devon Still falling to them :up:

steelerfan
03-31-2012, 03:51 AM
Steelers needs:

1. Guard or Tackle (depending which they got, they can move pieces to accommodate a rookie if he can start) - right now, they're looking at an O-Line that is weak at both Guard spots to some degree. However, if they drafted a Tackle they could move Colon to G.

2. Nose Tackle - Hampton is aging fast and he may start the season on the PUP List. McClendon did an adequate job last year, but a pick in the first 3 rounds is in order.

3. Inside Linebacker - With Farrior gone, they are looking at Foote as his replacement (unless Stevenson Sylvester shines in camp). I'd love to see them get the Mike Wallace situation resolved and grab Seattle's David Hawthorne to solidify this area before the draft. I'm not sold that the Steelers use their #1 here (though many are).

Depth needs: FS, CB, HB, WR

With 10 picks, they may move around a bit in the middle to late rounds. I wouldn't be shocked if they took a G and a T in the first 2 rounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
04-14-2012, 08:05 PM
So, Gruden has started his new season of "Gruden's QB Camp" stuff and it's being posted to youtube as it comes out. So far, there have been 6, so I thought I'd post them here and get the conversation going about the draft, which is coming up next weekend.

Andrew Luck

Part 1:

http://youtu.be/tpAiOJ0wtoo

Part 2:

http://youtu.be/JorNgZIxjyE

Robert Griffin

http://youtu.be/KyZEKtbDvqo

Brandon Weeden

http://youtu.be/6jFGjqRawAs

Brock Osweiler

http://youtu.be/zpKGM9FCyxg

Russell Wilson

http://youtu.be/YmH3JhGeIU0

Kellen Moore

http://youtu.be/gyV2V_I5GuY

morsdraconis
04-14-2012, 08:07 PM
If you had the ability to take ANY QB in the draft, no matter what team and who your team currently had at the helm, who would you want your team to take?

Personally, I think people are insane to want to take Griffin over Luck, but I think a bunch of teams are going to be kicking themselves for not taking Kellen Moore.

Deuce
04-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm an RGIII guy. Someone with that athletic ability AND the intelligence. The maturity of Griffin is amazing. The dude is going to be a winner regardless of what he does. I think he'll be an amazing QB and team leader.

...Tebow is a pimple on this guy's ass. He's got that kind of quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baseballplyrmvp
04-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Someone with that athletic ability AND the intelligence. remember the hit that luck put on USC's shareese wright (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5STc2_bM7k&feature=fvst)? plus, luck is studying architecture or something like that at stanford, who's light years above baylor in terms of academics. no offense to baylor, but there arent very many schools in the country who can compare to stanford's academics.

The dude is going to be a winner regardless of what he does. I think he'll be an amazing QB and team leader.he might. but i think luck is way more prepared to be an nfl quarterback and a ton more experienced at running an nfl offense. but, rg3, in the right situation, could flourish too.

ryby6969
04-15-2012, 09:10 AM
For me, there has always been something about Russell Wilson. If he was a few inches taller, he would be in the discussion for first round QB's. It was lost how good of a season he had this year, and if his defense could stop two hail mary passes, they would have been in the NC game.

morsdraconis
04-15-2012, 10:31 AM
For me, there has always been something about Russell Wilson. If he was a few inches taller, he would be in the discussion for first round QB's. It was lost how good of a season he had this year, and if his defense could stop two hail mary passes, they would have been in the NC game.

I absolutely agree. He's a real sleeper in my mind and he apparently has the work ethic to get it done as well (to quickly learn the pro style offense of Wisconsin as quickly as he did says a lot about him as a student of the game).

ryby6969
04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
I absolutely agree. He's a real sleeper in my mind and he apparently has the work ethic to get it done as well (to quickly learn the pro style offense of Wisconsin as quickly as he did says a lot about him as a student of the game).

Exactly, he did not get on campus until July 1st.(believe that is what he said) If I was a GM of a team, I would love to get a guy like him in as late of a round as he is projected.

JBHuskers
04-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for posting those Mors....I'll have to check those out, been wanting to see them.

psuexv
04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Everyone pretty much knows this but sources have confirmed that the Colts have told Luck they are taking him at #1

morsdraconis
04-19-2012, 10:34 AM
:fdown:

And the Redskins stupidly pick another QB that will waste their time for 3-5 years and continue to put the franchise in the dredges of the league...

JeffHCross
04-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Gruden's hour-long highlights-of-all-the-QBs was on ESPN tonight. The individual episodes look like they're mostly on ESPNU and will start at midnight tonight.

psuexv
04-20-2012, 08:27 AM
:fdown:

And the Redskins stupidly pick another QB that will waste their time for 3-5 years and continue to put the franchise in the dredges of the league...

Redskins pass on RG3 and take Richardson, mark it down.

morsdraconis
04-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Redskins pass on RG3 and take Richardson, mark it down.

They do, and Shanahan would be run out of DC 15 minutes later.

ryby6969
04-20-2012, 10:28 AM
They do, and Shanahan would be run out of DC 15 minutes later.

And that would be bad how?

morsdraconis
04-20-2012, 03:14 PM
And that would be bad how?

You're absolutely insane if you don't think Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, and Bruce Allen aren't the best thing to happen to the Redskins since the end of Gibbs I.

ryby6969
04-20-2012, 04:23 PM
I guess I am insane then because if they were leading my team, I would be searching for a new one. I would rather have my current OC(Cam Cameron) then have Kyle and I have been up for firing Cam for years now.

JeffHCross
04-20-2012, 09:05 PM
I guess I am insane then because if they were leading my team, I would be searching for a new one.Perhaps. But you also have to consider what they've had since the early 90s.

Richie Petitbon
Norv Turner
Terry Robiskie (interim)
Marty Schottenheimer
Steve Spurrier
Joe Gibbs
Jim Zorn
Mike Shanahan

Also see: Vinny Cerrato

ryby6969
04-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Just because he is better than the shit they have had, does not make him good. If they had John Elway and Terrell Davis, maybe. But they are far from that.

JeffHCross
04-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Just because he is better than the shit they have had, does not make him good.True, but saying that it would be a good thing to get him run from town also implies that there's an obvious upgrade. I don't see any chance of an upgrade in the HC or OC positions coming to Washington soon.

morsdraconis
04-22-2012, 08:23 AM
True, but saying that it would be a good thing to get him run from town also implies that there's an obvious upgrade. I don't see any chance of an upgrade in the HC or OC positions coming to Washington soon.

Exactly. Unfortunately, he and Bruce Allen just made the dumbest trade in the history of the universe and pretty much fucked themselves unless Griffin actually happens to be the one player in the past 30 years or so that breaks all of these highly unlikely scenarios:

1. Played in an Air Raid offense - the list isn't pretty showing who has been drafted in the NFL coming from that offensive style and NOT ONE has done dick in the NFL out of it

2. Won the Heisman Trophy - Last QB to do worth a shit after winning the Heisman Trophy Award has been Carson Palmer (if you can really consider going 8-8 and not winning a playoff game worth a shit) - Before him, you gotta go back to Vinny Testaverde (1984) or Jim Plunkett (1970) before you truly have a good QB doing well in the NFL after winning the Heisman - And, no, I don't consider a 6-10 season worth a shit for Cam Newton; win some games and then come talk to me

3. #2 QB taken in the draft - This list isn't pretty. With the exception of Aaron Rodgers, Phil Sims, Philip Rivers, and, I guess, Donovan McNabb, you have some pretty terrible QBs taken as the 2nd QB in the draft:

2009 - Mark Sanchez
2008 - Joe Flacco
2007 - Brady Quinn
2006 - Matt Leinart
2005 - Aaron Rodgers
2004 - Philip Rivers
2003 - Byron Leftwich
2002 - Joey Harrington
2001 - Drew Brees (2nd round)
2000 - Giovanni Carmazzi (3rd round)
1999 - Donovan McNabb
1998 - Ryan Leaf
1997 - Jake Plummer
1996 - Bobby Hoying (3rd round)
1995 - Kerry Collins
1994 - Trent Dilfer
1993 - Rick Mirer
1992 - Tommy Maddox
1991 - Todd Marinovich
1990 - Andre Ware
1989 - Mike Elkins (2nd round)
1988 - Don McPherson (6th round)
1987 - Kelly Stouffer
1986 - Chuck Long
1985 - Frank Reich (3rd round)
1984 - Jeff Hostetler (3rd round)
1983 - Todd Bleckledge
1982 - Jim McMahon
1981 - Neil Lomax (2nd round)
1980 - Mark Malone
1979 - Phil Simms

steelerfan
04-22-2012, 09:09 AM
You're being generous to say Testaverde was worth a shit. Also, he won the Heisman in 86, not 84.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

morsdraconis
04-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Yeah, and I forgot to include Drew Brees for the 2nd QB taken worth a shit list as well, but I was basically just hammering it out right quick after having already posted all this stuff on the Redskins board I frequent (and have right pissed most of them off because of my naysaying because, most of them are too fuckin' blinded by media morons to see the true story).

steelerfan
04-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, Brees turned out okay too. :D

I just remember the Testaverde year because of Penn State intercepting him 5 times to win the NC in the Fiesta Bowl. I was 12 and recorded that game, as a then-PSU fan, and must have watched it 100 times. :nod:

JeffHCross
04-22-2012, 12:02 PM
pissed most of them offYou? Piss people off with strong opinions? I'm stunned ;)

1. Played in an Air Raid offense - the list isn't pretty showing who has been drafted in the NFL coming from that offensive style and NOT ONE has done dick in the NFL out of itI agree that the list isn't pretty, but RGIII is not Case Keenum ... he's not your typical stat-heavy Air Raid QB.

souljahbill
04-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Baylor was an Air Raid offense?

morsdraconis
04-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Baylor was an Air Raid offense?

Yes.

JeffHCross
04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Baylor was an Air Raid offense?I don't think the answer is as simple as mors puts it, but in its basics, yes. Briles was the RB coach under Mike Leach at Texas Tech. He was the head coach at Houston when they made the transition to the Air Raid. He's credited with introducing the spread offense to Texas HS football. However, I think Art Briles doesn't run the straight Air Raid that's shown in NCAA with TTU, or how people perceive the Air Raid in general. There are a lot more vertical passing concepts at Baylor, particular with Robert Griffin, than there are with other Air Raid offenses.

But yes, at the end of the day, Baylor is an Air Raid offense.

steelerfan
04-22-2012, 05:33 PM
Vertical is right. Jesus, I'd hate to play Art Briles in NCAA 12 and have him call 4 verts all day. I might have to smack that cheeser. :D

JBHuskers
04-24-2012, 02:23 PM
The 3rd pick of the draft is possibly getting shopped. Lots of offers towards the Vikings to trade up and take Richardson.

JeffHCross
04-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Not "possibly". There's no way in hell the Vikings end up picking 3rd. They've got to be pretty confident they can drop to 5th and still get Kalil. They could drop further if they're okay with getting someone else.

steelerfan
04-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Not "possibly". There's no way in hell the Vikings end up picking 3rd. They've got to be pretty confident they can drop to 5th and still get Kalil. They could drop further if they're okay with getting someone else.

There is certainly a way in hell.

If the Vikings can't move to 4, 5, or 6 they will stay put.

baseballplyrmvp
04-24-2012, 10:07 PM
and in a surprising move, the seahawks will trade their 1st round pick and LT russell okung to the vikings for the #3 pick in the draft.

lol....yeah, wishful thinking on my part.

steelerfan
04-24-2012, 10:09 PM
and in a surprising move, the seahawks will trade their 1st round pick and LT russell okung to the vikings for the #4 pick in the draft.

lol....yeah, wishful thinking on my part.

The Vikings would do that in a heartbeat.

Considering the 4th pick is not theirs to trade. :P

baseballplyrmvp
04-24-2012, 10:21 PM
nice try....but i was quicker. lol

JeffHCross
04-24-2012, 10:35 PM
There is certainly a way in hell.

If the Vikings can't move to 4, 5, or 6 they will stay put.Well, true. I guess I just don't see it very likely that neither the Browns nor the Bucs move up. Nor somebody else (Miami). I think if Miami came with a great deal, the Vikes would still take it.

steelerfan
04-24-2012, 10:38 PM
nice try....but i was quicker. lol

Not according to the quote in my post. :whistle:

steelerfan
04-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Well, true. I guess I just don't see it very likely that neither the Browns nor the Bucs move up. Nor somebody else (Miami). I think if Miami came with a great deal, the Vikes would still take it.

You are probably right about Miami. Especially if the Vikings think they'll take a player they don't want (Tannehill). I think the key for Minnesota is to get one of a handful of guys they covet, and a nice return for moving down.

baseballplyrmvp
04-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Not according to the quote in my post. :whistle:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2pfff you could have changed it. :P i know i didnt write the wrong draft number. :whistle::D

steelerfan
04-25-2012, 01:01 AM
pfff you could have changed it. :P i know i didnt write the wrong draft number. :whistle::D

:D

JBHuskers
04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Some steam gathering that Tampa Bay might be the team trading up to get Richardson.

morsdraconis
04-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Some steam gathering that Tampa Bay might be the team trading up to get Richardson.

:smh:

That would be even dumber than the Redskins trading up for Griffin. At least Griffin has the potential (albeit, VERY small potential) to be a 10-15 year QB. Richardson has the potential to have a Peterson type career (GREAT few years followed by so many injuries it's ridiculous). You simply don't trade up for a RB when there isn't one team in the league that uses just one RB anymore because of the punishment these guys sustain on the field week in and week out.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
hour and a half left.....who do the vikings take at 3?

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 06:08 PM
hour and a half left.....who do the vikings take at 3?I bet they trade it to Cleveland.

JBHuskers
04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Cleveland cock blocks Tampa Bay to get Richardson, and the Vikes could flip the pick they get from Cleveland yet still.

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Cleveland cock blocks Tampa Bay to get Richardson, and the Vikes could flip the pick they get from Cleveland yet still.And they gave up 3 picks to do it... 4th, 5th, & 7th I believe. Way too much for one spot.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Cleveland cock blocks Tampa Bay to get Richardson, and the Vikes could flip the pick they get from Cleveland yet still.so then, are they planning on trading peyton hillis?

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 06:31 PM
And they gave up 3 picks to do it... 4th, 5th, & 7th I believe. Way too much for one spot.

Which is why they're Cleveland. ;)

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
so then, are they planning on trading peyton hillis?

Hillis signed with the Chiefs.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
oh. nevermind then.

JBHuskers
04-26-2012, 06:34 PM
And they gave up 3 picks to do it... 4th, 5th, & 7th I believe. Way too much for one spot.

Way too much, but they had 13 draft picks.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 06:37 PM
everyone's booing ryan tannehill. lol

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 06:46 PM
everyone's booing ryan tannehill. lol

If you don't know Dave-Te Thomas, look him up. He was hired by the Raiders in 1967 or 68 to do scouting reports. He was 13!!! 27 teams now bring him in to go over their evaluations with then. He's awesome (unlike the talking heads on ESPN).

Thomas says Tannehill reminds him of David Carr. Enough said.

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2012, 06:49 PM
It's just not an NFL draft without this classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
It's just not an NFL draft without this classic.I hate you.

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I hate you.

:D Sorry G.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
If you don't know Dave-Te Thomas, look him up. He was hired by the Raiders in 1967 or 68 to do scouting reports. He was 13!!! 27 teams now bring him in to go over their evaluations with then. He's awesome (unlike the talking heads on ESPN).

Thomas says Tannehill reminds him of David Carr. Enough said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2i dont think tannehill is all that great. from all the scouting reports on him, they cons say that he stares down his receivers and isnt the greatest decision maker, but he has off the charts potential.

i get the reasons why someone would pick him (right situation/right coach could break his habits and turn into a star), but if i was a HC, and i read the cons about him, i'd instantly think that it'd lead to a lot of 3 and outs/interceptions. and he's not someone i'd want to take a chance on. BUT, i'd take tannehill over tebow anyday to run my offense.

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I hate you.

You should hate your scouting department. :D

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 07:05 PM
You should hate your scouting department. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2Well, honestly, I wasn't a fan of the team any of those years... I didn't join up until `97 when Parcells took over.

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Was the Colts fan they showed at the beginning related to this guy?

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-e304-21da.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 07:08 PM
what were the odds that a person named luck would go to a team with a horse shoe as its logo?

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
what were the odds that a person named luck would go to a team with a horse shoe as its logo?

If he had played for the Irish, I'd say you were on to something. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
i dont think tannehill is all that great. from all the scouting reports on him, they cons say that he stares down his receivers and isnt the greatest decision maker, but he has off the charts potential.

i get the reasons why someone would pick him (right situation/right coach could break his habits and turn into a star), but if i was a HC, and i read the cons about him, i'd instantly think that it'd lead to a lot of 3 and outs/interceptions. and he's not someone i'd want to take a chance on. BUT, i'd take tannehill over tebow anyday to run my offense.

If he managed to fall into a late round in the draft, I'd consider using a late, day 3 pick on him and make a project out of him, but to draft him as an immediate or near future starter, especially in the first 3 rounds, not sure I'd take a chance.

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
RG3's girl has a sub 4.40 rack on her...

souljahbill
04-26-2012, 07:12 PM
RG3's girl has a sub 4.40 rack on her...

Pics?

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
If he managed to fall into a late round in the draft, I'd consider using a late, day 3 pick on him and make a project out of him, but to draft him as an immediate or near future starter, especially in the first 3 rounds, not sure I'd take a chance.especially since he only has what? 15 career starts at qb in college? i havent seen enough from him to convince me that he's worthy of the 1st round status.

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Don't kill yourself, mors. It will be okay.

gschwendt
04-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Pics?Rebecca Liddicoat
http://fandaily.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Rebecca-liddicoat-Robert-Griffin-III-Girlfrend-photos.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
yummy

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Fitting that, perhaps, the stupidest draftee in NFL history will be a Dallas Cowboy. :D

Boy, the Rams are piling up the picks.

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Fitting that, perhaps, the stupidest draftee in NFL history will be a Dallas Cowboy. :D

Boy, the Rams are piling up the picks.

They now have 3 of the top 13 second round picks, not to mention the rest of the treasure chest they got from Washington.

JBHuskers
04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Tannehill's woman...damn!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 07:51 PM

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2:nod:

souljahbill
04-26-2012, 07:55 PM

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah, I read an article on Yahoo about her.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Coples to seattle!

edit: guess we're going the trading down route to get ingram/upshaw instead of coples. meh.

morsdraconis
04-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah, she's definitely a looker:

http://www.fortysevenandcounting.com/Lauren-ufer-ryan-tannehill.jpg

morsdraconis
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Don't kill yourself, mors. It will be okay.

It's just so damn disappointing man. We could have traded down until the middle of the 1st round, gotten an extra 2nd and an extra 3rd, and picked a QB that is just as likely to succeed as Griffin. It's really really disappointing.

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Cox loves him some Goodell!

Deuce
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
It's just so damn disappointing man. We could have traded down until the middle of the 1st round, gotten an extra 2nd and an extra 3rd, and picked a QB that is just as likely to succeed as Griffin. It's really really disappointing.

Mors, I think you're gonna be surprised. RGIII will not be a failure. Just no chance IMO.

morsdraconis
04-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Mors, I think you're gonna be surprised. RGIII will not be a failure. Just no chance IMO.

That's what everyone keeps saying, but I just don't see it. History is not at all on his side and this is the Washington Redskins we're talking about. I've known nothing but failure from them for 20 years. I just can't look at this as anything but that again.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 08:21 PM
That's what everyone keeps saying, but I just don't see it. History is not at all on his side and this is the Washington Redskins we're talking about. I've known nothing but failure from them for 20 years. I just can't look at this as anything but that again.i agree. he's coming from a 1 read offense so making multiple progression reads isnt something he's familiar with. he'll be average passing the ball. his only success will come from his ability to scramble.

Deuce
04-26-2012, 08:24 PM
That's what everyone keeps saying, but I just don't see it. History is not at all on his side and this is the Washington Redskins we're talking about. I've known nothing but failure from them for 20 years. I just can't look at this as anything but that again.

I'm a Cowboys fan so I can't root for the skins but i think they did well. I live in Texas and watched many Baylor games. He's impressive and even better off the field and in the classroom.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 08:32 PM
what the shit pete? bruce earvin? /facepalm.

morsdraconis
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
No way he should have went #15, but Irvin is gonna be a beast in the NFL if he can stay out of trouble.

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 08:39 PM
he's a situational pass rusher, and you dont draft situationally in the first round. coples would have been a way better fit as he'd be an every down d-end. dumb move.

Deuce
04-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Copels mom needs to shave her pits.

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Man. If I end up buying Madden 13, I think the Jaguars became my franchise team. I already had fun playing with the Jags back on Madden 11 briefly while I was achievement whoring it before selling it off. Add in Justin Blackmon, Jags could be a lot more fun to run with.

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
:D at the Browns.

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
:D at the Browns.

:easy: :D

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 09:54 PM
I am thrilled with how things fell for the Steelers. Most felt that 2 or 3 guards would be gone by 1.24 (DeCastro, Zeitler, Glenn). Instead, Pittsburgh had their pick of the lot and took DeCastro. Very, very pleased.

This makes the Steelers line solid. If they go guard again in round 2, they could be looking at having one of the best lines in the league, and young to boot. I'm an advocate of them grabbing Brandon Brooks or Amini Silatolu in round 2. I won't be surprised if they don't take another guard though.

SmoothPancakes
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Denver traded down twice, with the Pats and Bucs. Picked up two 2nd rounders and two 4th rounders. Not sure how much I agree with the trades at this moment. We'll see who they pick up tomorrow night with those draft picks and if it was a smart choice.

JeffHCross
04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I bet they trade it to Cleveland.Dumbasses.

especially since he only has what? 15 career starts at qb in college? i havent seen enough from him to convince me that he's worthy of the 1st round status.More starts than Cam Newton.

Yeah, she's definitely a looker:

http://www.fortysevenandcounting.com/Lauren-ufer-ryan-tannehill.jpg:nod:

steelerfan
04-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Kevin Colbert said they identified a couple of players they'd trade up to get and DeCastro was one of them. They stayed put, and he fell. Great night for Steeler Nation!

baseballplyrmvp
04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
More starts than Cam Newton.in the fbs yes, but he started at blinn college and won them a juco national championship. newton was a better decision maker and was way more efficient with the ball too, as shown by his 30-7 td/int ratio at auburn, compared to tannehill's 29-15 td/int ratio.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 12:28 AM
I heard Claiborne on espn radio. They asked him how the Cowboys got his name on that jersey so fast. I was disappointed that he didn't say, "is that what that says?" :)

psuexv
04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
he's a situational pass rusher, and you dont draft situationally in the first round. coples would have been a way better fit as he'd be an every down d-end. dumb move.

Yeah you would have thought that people would have learned from the Bills taking Aaron Maybin from PSU in the top 10 a few years ago.

psuexv
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I am thrilled with how things fell for the Steelers. Most felt that 2 or 3 guards would be gone by 1.24 (DeCastro, Zeitler, Glenn). Instead, Pittsburgh had their pick of the lot and took DeCastro. Very, very pleased.

This makes the Steelers line solid. If they go guard again in round 2, they could be looking at having one of the best lines in the league, and young to boot. I'm an advocate of them grabbing Brandon Brooks or Amini Silatolu in round 2. I won't be surprised if they don't take another guard though.

As long as Pouncey can stay healthy it's going to be fun.

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 12:02 PM
So looking back, especially considering the Browns in this thought, if I was a GM, unless you know for an absolute fact that the guy you're drafting is a sure thing, I would never be able to draft a QB in the first round. The ONE position that can absolutely fuck a team and season, and you take the chance, and spend millions and tens of millions, on a guy who is completely untested in the NFL. Then you add in that most teams who draft someone in the first round, their fans all expect that guy to become an automatic starter for the team. Just look at all the busts since 1998 in the first round:

Jason Campbell
Byron Leftwich
Patrick Ramsey
Brady Quinn
Kyle Boller
JP Losman
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Jim Druckenmiller
Tim Couch
Cade McNown
Akili Smith
JaMarcus Russell
Ryan Leaf

The guys who could be considered busts depending on each individual view:

Daunte Culpepper
Rex Grossman
Vince Young

As for good picks:

Donovan McNabb
Michael Vick
Carson Palmer
Ben Roethlisberger
Philip Rivers
Eli Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Joe Flacco
Sam Bradford
Matthew Stafford

Guys with a mix of both good and bad:

Mark Sanchez
Chad Pennington
Jay Cutler
Alex Smith

And the guys who are still "unknown" as it's either too soon, they haven't had enough playing time to say for certain one way or the other or other various reasons:

Matt Leinart
Vince Young
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Cam Newton

Basically you end up with a better chance (by a small bit, but still better) of drafting a bust than drafting a franchise or long-term QB. For the money guaranteed to first round draft picks, and the hype that comes with them and all the fans expecting that guy to become the immediate starter just because he was drafted in the first round, I would never be willing to draft a first round QB unless it was the most guaranteed thing.

psuexv
04-27-2012, 12:06 PM
You could post the same list for every single position. Look at how many WRs are drafted in the 1st round and turn out to be busts. And it's not just QBs who get paid outrageous 1st round contracts, it's all players.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
A couple things to consider. The guaranteed money is no longer an issue. Luck's contract will only be 4 years and about $25M. The days of a high bust ruining you for years because of money are over.

My biggest problem with Weeden is his age. He's 1.5 years younger than Big Ben. This formula failed in the past with guys like Chris Weinke and Drew Henson. The dumbass media loves that he is mature. I, personally, don't want a guy who will be 30 a month into his second season.

In addition, how much better are the Browns with Weeden and Richardson than they would be with McCoy and Hillis? "Marginally" is the only honest answer at this point. So, I believe Cleveland would have been better off re-signing Hillis and drafting 2 players to help McCoy (perhaps Blackmon and DeCastro). This is why the Browns are the Browns. They're dumb.

Thankfully, their stupidity in ignoring their need at guard and passing on DeCastro to draft an old rookie QB led Pittsburgh to get an absolute steal in round one. Thank you, Clowns!

psuexv
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
My biggest problem with Weeden is his age. He's 1.5 years younger than Big Ben. This formula failed in the past with guys like Chris Weinke and Drew Henson. The dumbass media loves that he is mature. I, personally, don't want a guy who will be 30 a month into his second season.

This. People are saying how Kurt Warner and Steve Young were 28 and 29 when they got their first start. While it is true, they were also in the pro game for a number of years gaining experience

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
You could post the same list for every single position. Look at how many WRs are drafted in the 1st round and turn out to be busts. And it's not just QBs who get paid outrageous 1st round contracts, it's all players.

Very true. But to me at least, if you draft a bust in a WR, all it costs you is money and a roster spot for a couple years. If you fuck up and draft a bust at QB, if you're drafting him with the plan of making him the starter, it completely sets your team back for multiple years, and basically screws you for the long term, leaving you sitting there trying to fill the spot with temporary players until that "next big, great QB" shows up in the draft. That's where my extreme hesitation is in drafting 1st round QBs.

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
This. People are saying how Kurt Warner and Steve Young were 28 and 29 when they got their first start. While it is true, they were also in the pro game for a number of years gaining experience

Yep. Basically, unless Weeden picks up the offense instantly and is the day 1 starter or you put him in the lineup some point during the season, you just drafted a quarterback that would be 30 before even making his first start for your team. So you just spent a first round draft pick on a guy that you might get 7 or 8 years, tops, out of, and on a guy who isn't even a sure thing.

morsdraconis
04-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Here's a great article talking about this very thing (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7853608/how-tell-which-nfl-draft-picks-truly-valuable) (comparing which positions have a higher bust potential or, as the article puts it, which position is the safest position to draft in the first two rounds).

It's pretty interesting stuff.

For those that don't want to read, here is a chart outlining their findings:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0425/grant_e_table1_576.jpg

Obviously, the amount of TEs taken greatly skews it a bit since pretty much the only TEs taken in the first two rounds are basically sure things anyway, but it's interesting to see that offensive linemen are just BARELY better off to be taken than LBs and DBs.

Also, their criteria for being a bust is not playing a significant amount of snaps (among other things) in the NFL in their first 5 years in the league. Certainly not the criteria that other people for measuring the worthiness of labeling someone as a bust, but it's definitely interesting none-the-less.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
To be fair, they'll do good to get 7 or 8 years out of Richardson too. RBs don't have a long shelf life and bust out at a high clip just like QBs.

ryby6969
04-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I think the one thing that has really started to skew the DL busts are the fact that teams are taking chances on DE's and trying to make them rush LB's. They are all looking for the next Clay Matthews or D Ware and are willing to take projects.

Edit: Thinking about it, that might actually be skewing the LB busts.

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Yep. Basically, unless Weeden picks up the offense instantly and is the day 1 starter or you put him in the lineup some point during the season, you just drafted a quarterback that would be 30 before even making his first start for your team. So you just spent a first round draft pick on a guy that you might get 7 or 8 years, tops, out of, and on a guy who isn't even a sure thing.you guys are drafting a good qb. he'll learn enough of the offense to get by his first year and he's an upgrade over mccoy, in a lot of areas. he's a ton more mature than some of the more notable "busts" that have happened in recent years, so i dont think he'll fall into the bust category.

he wont be terrible.....like tavaris jackson and charlie whitehurst were last year for the 'hawks......age aside, i'd rather have weeden as my starting qb than tannehill. the only downside here, is that you'll have to take another qb in the draft in 6 or 7 years (which isnt that bad).

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/5GVqAaOYuiznVZVI0CtUFA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTIzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/rye-laura.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jlD5TN17wgXeB7nPvXM.sA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQxNg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/ryan-tannehill-wife-lauren3.jpg

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
If I was a (f)Aggie, I'd tell that bitch to get her gorilla feet off of that helmet (the aTm one, not Tannehill's).

Back to Weeden, I think the Browns could also waited for him at pick 37 tonight.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 03:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7862929/2012-nfl-draft-mohamed-sanu-rutgers-scarlet-knights-target-hoax

:D :smh:

morsdraconis
04-27-2012, 03:22 PM
That's kinda fucked up. Poor guy.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 03:27 PM

Yeah, but at least he doesn't have to be a Bengal.

morsdraconis
04-27-2012, 03:34 PM

:D That's true.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Janoris Jenkins to the Rams.

Typical dirty ass Jeff Fisher pick. I guess Mr. Porn 'stache and Mullett didn't learn from Pacman Jones.

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 07:09 PM
another reach for seattle. bobby wagner from utah state in the second round. i'm really not understanding the logic but that must be why i'm not in the draft room.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Reaction on Sirius XM NFL Radio about the Patriots drafting Illinois CB Tavon Wilson with the 48th pick:
"Where'd you have him on your board?"
"Free Agent."
"8th Round."
"Day 3."
"Okay, I had him Day 4."

A couple things to consider. The guaranteed money is no longer an issue. Luck's contract will only be 4 years and about $25M. The days of a high bust ruining you for years because of money are over.You guys know I'm a huge stats guy. I can't WAIT to see how quickly people figure out that Gil Brandt's old Draft Value Chart (what the teams, allegedly, all still use to determine the value of trades) is completely out the window with the new rookie wage scale. Trade City, baby!

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 07:26 PM
green bay drafting dt jerel worthy? they gonna move him to d-end or have him backup raji?

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Fucking Steelers. Cam Heyward last year ... Mike Adams this year. Thank goodness I stop paying attention to guys once they leave school.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Fucking Steelers. Cam Heyward last year ... Mike Adams this year. Thank goodness I stop paying attention to guys once they leave school.

Watch your mouth, Clowns fan. ;)

I just hope that SOB can stay away from the fucking weed. If so, the Steelers O-line is now officially the strongest unit on the team.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm less a Browns fan than I am a Steelers/Ravens hater.

Oh my god, Anthony Carter looks old. I know he's 52, but he looks 82!

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm less a Browns fan than I am a Steelers/Ravens hater.

There's alot to hate in the success of those 2, and little to root for in the other, so that makes sense. :)

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Honestly, I hate the Ravens more for what they could have been, versus their success.

The Steelers I just hate.

The Jacksonville Jaguars select a punter in Round 3. "Bryan Anger is the highest punter selected since 1995." Yeah, there's a reason for that.

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Jacksonville Jaguars, what the hell? A punter in the third round? Really? He better one HELL of a punter. And does that signal that the Jags are raising the white flag already and plan on doing a LOT of punting in the 2012 season?

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
russell wilson's fiance is pretty good looking too.

wilson is a seahawk!

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Liking that Ronnie Hillman pick by Denver. So far a decent draft by the Broncos. Hillman fills a need in running back, same with Derek Wolfe at DT, and Brock Osweiler is planning for the future. It fills the open and empty backup position, give him 3-5 years behind Manning to learn, work on his skills, get some garbage time here and there in games, and if he pans out as a QB, when Manning's ready to retire, Osweiler is ready to step in at starter.

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Tarvaris Jackson's days as a starter are done, at least in Seattle.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Tarvaris Jackson's days as a starter are done, at least in Seattle.Uhm, Matt Flynn.

russell wilson's fianceWife, actually. Lucky guy.

At the exact moment that Mike Mayock is saying on NFL Network that Brandon Brooks is the "highest picked non-combine invite we've had in a while", Gil Brandt (GIL BRANDT!) is saying on the SiriusXM NFL Network that Brooks is the second non-combine invite pick tonight alone. Oops.

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Tarvaris Jackson's days as a starter are done, at least in Seattle.they were done when we signed matt flynn. :D drafting wilson bumps tavaris to 3rd string or cut.

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Uhm, Matt Flynn.

At the exact moment that Mike Mayock is saying that Brandon Brooks is the "highest picked non-combine invite we've had in a while", Gil Brandt (GIL BRANDT!) is saying on the Sirius NFL Network that Brooks is the second non-combine invite pick tonight alone. Oops.

That's what I'm saying, between Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson, Tarvaris Jackson has no chance to ever start again in Seattle. He's a permanent backup/third string now for the Seahawks.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM
He's a permanent backup/third string now for the Seahawks.Or he's cut. Lot of teams don't carry 3 on their active roster.

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
tavaris will be cut. pete has a man crush on josh portis

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Or he's cut. Lot of teams don't carry 3 on their active roster.

tavaris will be cut. pete has a man crush on josh portis

Or that too. But yeah, that's what I was getting at with that initial post, with that draft pick, Jackson's days are done. He has no chance of ever seeing the field as a starter in Seattle again, if he even is kept on the team. He basically has become the Brady Quinn of the Seahawks. Doomed to forever 3rd string if the team keeps him.

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 09:21 PM
russell's fiance is hott.

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7862929/2012-nfl-draft-mohamed-sanu-rutgers-scarlet-knights-target-hoax

Alright, this scares the hell out of me now.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 09:23 PM

You know, I wonder about this ... he just got picked up by the Bengals at 84. I saw him rumored to the Bengals as high as 53. I actually wonder if it wasn't a prank, but a total, dumb mistake.

russell's fiance is hott.Wife!

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 09:27 PM
my mistake....hadnt heard he got married. she's way better looking than tannehill's wife, imo.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Navy SEALs on the stage. So badass.

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Sanu said the prank came from a NJ area code, so it's likely a prank. Wouldn't put it past the Bungles though. :D

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 09:56 PM
T.Y. Hilton goes to the Colts. He may be small at just 5'9", but Colts just got a hell of a receiver. Sort of wishing maybe he'd drop down into the late rounds and the Broncos would take a chance. Just wishful hoping on my part though.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Sanu said the prank came from a NJ area code, so it's likely a prank.Yeah, I saw that after I made my post. Awfully strange coincidence.

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I saw that after I made my post. Awfully strange coincidence.

That's what scares the hell out of me. The prank was claiming the Bengals were taking him, and then the Bengals actually do end up drafting him two rounds later. Either that was one hell of a coincidence or maybe the Bengals started looking at him closer than they had been before after that prank and the story about it came out.

I'm sure that was a long phone call though when the Bengals actually did call to say they were drafting him. :D He was probably asking a ton of questions trying to figure out if it was actually true this time or another prank.

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Navy SEALs on the stage. So badass.if you're into books, i'd highly recommend "Lone Survivor (http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Eyewitness-Account-Operation/dp/0316067598)." its about a former Navy SEAL who was the only surviving member of his 4 man squad. i'll warn you that is presented in a heavy Republican based opinion, but its an awesome read nonetheless. goes into great length about how hard hell week actually is and then into an amazing fight for survival.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah, it's been on my list for a while. When it comes to military books though, I generally do better with fiction because I can separate them from reality. Non-fiction is tougher because you know they really lived it. Like the Pat Tillman book ... horribly difficult to get through it (I still haven't been able to pick it up again).

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah, it's been on my list for a while. When it comes to military books though, I generally do better with fiction because I can separate them from reality. Non-fiction is tougher because you know they really lived it.

Which is the opposite of myself. The military books I enjoy are either memoirs or diaries from soldiers fighting at The Eastern Front in World War II. I want to know what it was like.

Back on topic, I can't complain with the Steelers 3rd round selection. They will move Sean Spence inside and he should have the opportunity to compete for a starting job as soon as 2013. He was on the short list of players they may take there, so no complaints.

JeffHCross
04-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Which is the opposite of myself. The military books I enjoy are either memoirs or diaries from soldiers fighting at The Eastern Front in World War II. I want to know what it was like.Well, that's actually a good point. I've never had a problem reading World War II era books, whether fiction or non. It's only the modern wars that get to me. Not sure why that is.

Back on topic, I can't complain with the Steelers:sick:

steelerfan
04-27-2012, 11:10 PM
On your first comment, I've never really read any modern military books. The topic just doesn't interest me. Not sure if I'd feel the same as you or not.

On your second comment, here is a bag of dicks for you. Enjoy!

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-6d56-177b.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Ironically, I only made the second comment to try to keep us on the topic of the draft. Lol.

Going back to Mors's discussion about Griffin and the Air Raid offense, there is one thing I've only recently learned that's important to note:

The three biggest plays in the offensive scheme are what is known as the Shallow Cross, the Receiver Screen, and the Mesh series. The Shallow Cross was originally invented by Mike Shanahan, a coach who learned the west coast offense from George Seifert while with the San Francisco 49ers.

baseballplyrmvp
04-28-2012, 11:39 AM
washington spends their 4th round pick on kirk cousins? ummm....why?

SmoothPancakes
04-28-2012, 11:48 AM
:D Either they think Cousins will be no better than a career backup and hope to have him be exactly that, or something was just discovered about RG3 since Thursday night and they're trying to cover their asses.

ryby6969
04-28-2012, 12:31 PM
How hilarious would it be if he beat out RGIII for the position! :D

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 01:07 PM
washington spends their 4th round pick on kirk cousins? ummm....why?Backup to RGIII instead of the other RGIII (Rex Grossman). It's not the best decision, IMO, but that would be the reason. Grossman has a single year contract, so you keep Cousins as a third QB this year and he's the backup next year. Major clubhouse leader, so Cousins will be a good influence on the team over time.

JeffHCross
04-28-2012, 04:03 PM
The Patriots just took Ohio State safety Nate Ebner.

NFL.com does not know Ebner's height or weight, nor has a picture or grade of him. Prior to, oh, about 2 minutes ago, NFL.com didn't even list him as a possible Ohio State pick.

Why did he get picked? I don't know. But if I had to guess, his international rugby career (http://www.rugbymag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4326:nate-ebner-and-the-nfl-draft&catid=45:usa-sevens-men&Itemid=202) might have something to do with it.

ram29jackson
04-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Kellen Moore..back up/afterthought/not drafted

JeffHCross
04-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Kellen Moore..back up/afterthought/not draftedThe only one of those that's a surprise to me is #3. "He's too small".

He's signed as a UDFA with Detroit.

psuexv
05-02-2012, 08:48 AM
I thought this was a pretty cool move by the Bucs and Schiano

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced today that they signed college free agent DT Eric LeGrand.

LeGrand joins the Buccaneers from Rutgers University, where he played in 31 games. During his time with the Scarlet Knights, he recorded 60 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks and three fumble recoveries, before his playing career ended prematurely.

On October 16, 2010, in a game against Army during his junior season, LeGrand suffered fractures of two vertebrae and a serious spinal cord injury that left him paralyzed. Despite being told that he would be a quadriplegic and resigned to a ventilator, LeGrand persevered and a mere five weeks after the injury, resumed breathing on his own. Later, he even became able to stand upright with the help of a metal frame.

LeGrand resumed his studies via video conference during the spring 2011 semester and continued to be an impactful member of the Rutgers football team during his senior year. He made his first return to the football field on October 29, 2011, one year after his injury, leading his team and Head Coach Greg Schiano out onto the field at Rutgers' stadium. LeGrand also joined his fellow seniors on the field for Senior Day festivities prior to kickoff of a win over Cincinnati on November 19.

"Leading up to the draft, I couldn't help but think that this should've been Eric's draft class," said Coach Schiano. "This small gesture is the least we could do to recognize his character, spirit, and perseverance. The way Eric lives his life epitomizes what we are looking for in Buccaneer Men."

With the courage and determination shown throughout his rehabilitation, LeGrand's inspirational story has garnered national attention. His return to the football field donned the cover of Sports Illustrated's 2011 year-end issue, as it was voted the magazine's Moment of the Year. LeGrand received the Most Courageous Athlete Award from the New Jersey Sports Writers Association in January and will also receive the Unsung Hero Award at the New Jersey Hall of Fame induction ceremony on June 9 for his representation of courage, strength and character.

LeGrand is planning to graduate next fall with a degree in labor studies and most recently partnered with IMG to help in continuing his broadcasting career. You can follow Eric's remarkable recovery through his Twitter feed, @EricLeGrand52. For more information on LeGrand, visit www.scarletknights.com/Believe/.

Deuce
05-02-2012, 09:53 AM
That's awesome.

JBHuskers
05-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Love it. Great story.