PDA

View Full Version : NCAA11 Retail game Locomotion

Anton32
07-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Hey guys wanted to show you what Locomotion looks like in NCAA11 embargo is lifted now so I can post this:)) http://youtu.be/22h6xoT7XSA

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Good stuff Anton.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes good stuff Anton, much appreciated.

In the Demo like it was stated it was really hard to sometimes get a feel for the Locomotion in the game. I'm looking forward to testing it out just to see first hand the difference it makes.

I know tackling was for sure tough in the open field. I've always been a big hit stick guy, but I really have been trying to get away from that in the Demo.

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 07:44 PM
It is going to be very interesting to see how different players feel using it. Little, quick slots compared to big RBs for example.

Rudy
07-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Playing with 2 minute quarters just made it too hard to get a true feeling for the running game. It will be so nice to play a game with 7 minute quarters and really get a good feel for the game.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
It is going to be very interesting to see how different players feel using it. Little, quick slots compared to big RBs for example.
They definitely each have their own unique feel. You can really squirm your way around with guys that have really good agility. I've definitely seen a few times where I throw a short dump-off to a receiver and when I start controlling him, I realize I have much more freedom with him than other players.

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM
And the cool thing about that is sticking those players where they can be really utilized, via formation subs for example.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Great point about being able to utilize those kinds of players this year with the formation subs. This will add yet another layer to this series.

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 08:08 PM
The interesting thing, to me, is what to do with receivers for example.
Something like quick accel and high agility guys in the slot, while pure speed guys on the outside who might not have the agility or quick acceleration but they can stride out down the field for the vertical game. And then stick the slow guys with great hands in the GL formations for lobs or other formations that have them camped in zones.

And now how easy is it to take a RB with great catching and play him in slot positions for those jet sweeps. slot options, etc, while you have a power back in the backfield with the QB.

Surely seems like a LOT of possibilities.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Great points AustinWolv, just the shear possibilities we have now with the formation subs is something fun to think about.

Rudy
07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I just think of how few snaps Teddy Ginn got with Miami in one game last year while they were just running the ball. In big run formations, Ginn wasn't on the field. People thought he got benched but he just was missing on those packages. He's only really good on the outside where they can use his speed. He isn't tough over the middle and doesn't have great quickness - just vertical speed.

A guy like Wes Welker is tremendous in the slot where he can run across the fields along with option routes. He doesn't have great speed but has great quickness. His lack of height and mediocre 40 time wouldn't make his a great WR on the oustide.