PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 Playbook Spreadsheet

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I've put together a spreadsheet outlining all of the formations that are included in each playbook. This is still a work-in-progress but definitely the bulk of the data is there. I will continue working on this throughout the gaming season so if you have any requests, I'll see what I can do. Let me know any and all feedback. My plans include the following:

Count of Personnel Types per Playbook
Number of plays per Playbooks Formations

NCAA Football 11 Playbooks Spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets1.google.com/ccc?key=t8sN91G3LSszawBbGk6pROQ&authkey=CPy0lNYI&hl=en)

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Sweet, thats great. It will really help me figure out if I want to stick with the teams playbook or just go with a base offense as a whole.

Solidice
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
great job on the sheet.

kind of disappointed with the Texas Tech playbook. I'll likely have to use Houston's, ECU's, Oklahoma State's, or the generic Air Raid playbook when I play with Texas Tech. I'll have to test TTU's out first I suppose. makes me really wish there was a custom playbook so I could choose which formation I want. :mad:

Rudy
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
That looks great. I'm liking Iowa's (I normally do since I love 2 TEs) plus it still has some I formations. Bama's, Boston College, Eastern Michigan, MSU, OSU, OU, etc. all have a nice set of ACE formations for me.

Solidice
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
As long as it is ok with you, I added a link to your playbook spreadsheet in the spreadsheet that I made earlier for team info (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ariz5WETeaOwdGNaSGhzT0F6Y09aQWNHbXpXOUZGW Wc&hl=en#gid=0)

Iron Dragon
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Awesome work guys.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 03:35 PM
That looks great. I'm liking Iowa's (I normally do since I love 2 TEs) plus it still has some I formations. Bama's, Boston College, Eastern Michigan, MSU, OSU, OU, etc. all have a nice set of ACE formations for me.

WOW, I'm a huge 2 TE guy so that Iowa playbook is really nice. I'm a big formation power running guy.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
As long as it is ok with you, I added a link to your playbook spreadsheet in the spreadsheet that I made earlier for team info (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ariz5WETeaOwdGNaSGhzT0F6Y09aQWNHbXpXOUZGW Wc&hl=en#gid=0)
Certainly... by all means.

Coachdenz
07-09-2010, 03:53 PM
good stuff Tommy! thanks

razorback44
07-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm liking the look of Michigan State right now. They received one new Ace formation and one new I Formation plus the Maryland I package.

8 two back under center formations and four Ace Heavy formations. That could be a very nice setup for my style of play. Hopefully they have some good plays in it as well.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 04:05 PM
btw, for the speculation as to what playbook I was bragging about a few days ago, here it is:
Wake Forest
Ace - Big
I-Form - Normal
I-Form - Slot
I-Form - Tight
I-Form - Twins
I-Form - Y-Trips
Shotgun - Ace
Shotgun - Ace Twins Wk
Shotgun - Normal
Shotgun - Normal HB Wk
Shotgun - Split
Shotgun - Split Slot
Shotgun - Split Twins
Shotgun - Spread
Shotgun - Trips Over
Shotgun - Wing Trips
Shotgun - Y-Trips
Shotgun - Y-Trips HB Wk
Wishbone - Normal

I love all of Shotgun - Ace, the Shotgun - Split, the I-Form has triple option in it, and then to sweeten it, the Wishbone - Normal.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 04:09 PM
btw, for the speculation as to what playbook I was bragging about a few days ago, here it is:
Wake Forest
Ace - Big
I-Form - Normal
I-Form - Slot
I-Form - Tight
I-Form - Twins
I-Form - Y-Trips
Shotgun - Ace
Shotgun - Ace Twins Wk
Shotgun - Normal
Shotgun - Normal HB Wk
Shotgun - Split
Shotgun - Split Slot
Shotgun - Split Twins
Shotgun - Spread
Shotgun - Trips Over
Shotgun - Wing Trips
Shotgun - Y-Trips
Shotgun - Y-Trips HB Wk
Wishbone - Normal

I love all of Shotgun - Ace, the Shotgun - Split, the I-Form has triple option in it, and then to sweeten it, the Wishbone - Normal.

:)) :)) :))

razorback44
07-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow Wishbone in the Wake playbook? I was way off on my guessing! That is odd but I will definitely have to check that one out.

Solidice
07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I still can't believe out of all the Ace formations in the game, the only one they give Texas Tech is Ace - Big, a formation with 2 TEs in a balance formation. :rolleyes:

if anything, the Ace - Big Flip would have been a better choice, as they actually run that once a season or so. :D

would have at least liked an Ace formation with 4 WRs in it, and I would have liked to keep the Strong I - H Pro formation. I used that for a goal line type formation at times.

and whats with all the TE formations in the TTU playbook? I don't want to use Adam James. :D

overall, I like the formations in the TTU playbook, just wished there were a couple more non-shotgun formations, specifically a 4WR Ace and the Strong I - H Pro formation. but because of this, I'll likely try out the generic Air Raid playbook as well as Ok St, ECU, and Houston.

Coachdenz
07-09-2010, 04:24 PM
don't be surprised if you see Ole Tommy line them up in something like this, now I have no idea if TT has 2 TE's on the roster, but if you do I bet you see some of this. Unless Tuberville is going to totally change the way he coache's (which I doubt he does) the Air Raid might get toned down a notch or 2. Tuberville is defensive minded, so he's going to get convervative in tight games.....

JeffHCross
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Air Force still looking good. And Utah State coming out of nowhere with an awesome book.

All the Wishbones is very strange to see.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Air Force still looking good. And Utah State coming out of nowhere with an awesome book.

Yeah, Utah State's looks pretty sweet as well. Great variation in that one. At least they will be used for something on this game now! :D

Solidice
07-09-2010, 04:40 PM
don't be surprised if you see Ole Tommy line them up in something like this, now I have no idea if TT has 2 TE's on the roster, but if you do I bet you see some of this. Unless Tuberville is going to totally change the way he coache's (which I doubt he does) the Air Raid might get toned down a notch or 2. Tuberville is defensive minded, so he's going to get convervative in tight games.....

I guess it depend if Tommy really is going to let Neil Brown run the offense. Brown has said he wants to keep the offense relatively the same in scheme. he has stated that they could run some 5 WR formations, using motion more, and running the ball more, but still passing about the same amount of times(by running a fast no-huddle making more plays per game). I haven't seem much footage from the spring game, so I don't know how they ran the offense in that.

as far as TEs on the roster, on the spring depth chart, we have Adam James and a converted defensive end. :D

I know our defense is really changed, running a 3-4 this season.

morsdraconis
07-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Actually, Utah State's playbook was pretty decent in '10 as well, just a little generic. Now, it's a bit more refined and as a result, a damn good looking playbook.

I'm pretty excited to use Idaho's and Nevada's playbooks. I really need to use some spread team's playbook as well because I desperately need to learn how to run the spread correctly (now that correct reads are needed for option plays and such).

SHO
07-09-2010, 05:18 PM
Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 06:46 PM

That Utah State book looks very interesting. I'm going to have to try that out in one of my dynasties.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 07:59 PM
While I'm not upset it is odd to see all the random Wishbone formations in the game. I can't remember the last time I actually have seen it used in a game. Although, admittedly, I only saw a bit of one Utah State game last year so they could have run it all year and I probably wouldn't have known.

HoggyStyle
07-10-2010, 12:00 PM
looks like 6 playbooks have my ace forms & 2 have the same forms substitued as pistol forms, should be exciting. Thanks alot this really saved me alot of time

CLW
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Rice playbook looks very tempting for a team that wants to run spread/no huddle type offense. I may have found my offense for my Kent State OD. Great work!

maij17
07-10-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm in love with Idaho's book, the addition of the Strong I H-back sets, power, power, and more power :)

Flav
07-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Just sent my request :)

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Just sent my request :)
What request? If you mean request access to the spreadsheet, I've been getting several of these but you shouldn't have to request it. But, if you're springer22 then I just granted you view access.

TNBRAVES FAN
07-16-2010, 12:48 AM
How do I open this? It just sits there and says loading the entire time and never loads...

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 01:13 AM
How do I open this? It just sits there and says loading the entire time and never loads...

At the bottom of your browser there should be tab buttons. The starting tab you on is the [About] tab. You want to click [By Playbook | Rows] or [By Playbook | Col] umns if you want to search through all the different teams. If you want to search for what teams have a specific formation then click [By Formation | List]. The other two tabs you can figure out what they do I think. ;)

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 08:13 AM
If you're still unable to open it, try removing the "gid=" at the end.

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 02:49 PM
I've added a new tab at the bottom, By Personnel | List. What this tab is for is if you are looking for the playbook with the most of a particular personnel. For example, if you have 2 great TEs, 2 great WRs, and no decent FBs, take a look at the Ball State playbook; it has 9 formations that have that personnel listing. You can either view it via the spreadsheet format, or if you click on View > List View, then go to the new By Personnel | List tab, you can then sort it by column by clicking on the Col letter, or you can filter it by clicking on the drop down. Additionally, this new tab lists a count of formations by Under Center, Pistol, & Shotgun.

It's not exactly as user-friendly as I'd like, but I was looking for something similar so I figured it would help someone.

If you have any requests either similar to this or just in general, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

ram29jackson
07-16-2010, 03:28 PM
If you're still unable to open it, try removing the "gid=" at the end.

that doesnt seem to help. what step am I missing?

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I've added a new tab at the bottom, By Personnel | List. What this tab is for is if you are looking for the playbook with the most of a particular personnel. For example, if you have 2 great TEs, 2 great WRs, and no decent FBs, take a look at the Ball State playbook; it has 9 formations that have that personnel listing. You can either view it via the spreadsheet format, or if you click on View > List View, then go to the new By Personnel | List tab, you can then sort it by column by clicking on the Col letter, or you can filter it by clicking on the drop down. Additionally, this new tab lists a count of formations by Under Center, Pistol, & Shotgun.

It's not exactly as user-friendly as I'd like, but I was looking for something similar so I figured it would help someone.

If you have any requests either similar to this or just in general, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
You kick serious ass! Thanks for this I was hoping you'de do something like that... :D

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 06:31 PM
You kick serious ass! Thanks for this I was hoping you'de do something like that... :D

+1

Great work fellas.

Boucher
07-16-2010, 06:57 PM
So whose got the coolest PB?

IBI
07-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Outstanding job! This will make my never ending quest for the perfect playbook, actually end. :)

irishfbfan1
07-30-2010, 09:19 PM
We need to have somebody ADD WASHINGTON to SB ACE BIG WING

irishfbfan1
08-01-2010, 04:11 PM
anybody there?

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 04:30 PM
More accurately, Ace - Big needs changed to Ace - Big Wing for Washington.

Coachdenz
08-02-2010, 03:59 PM
I posted a video of the Multiple pb in the blog

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/blog.php

morsdraconis
08-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Ace - F Pair Twins needs to be changed from a 2 TE formation to a FB and TE formation - The FB is defaulted as the 2nd TE in that formation.

JeffHCross
09-02-2010, 11:50 PM
If anybody else saves an offline copy of the Spreadsheet, this formula can come in handy on the By Playbook | Rows spreadsheet.

=COUNTIF(B1:W1,"Shotgun - Split*")

Put it in the X column and it'll count up the number of formations that match the String you have in the quotes. The formatting here is for Excel ... OpenOffice you'd want to replace the comma with a semi-colon.

You can get as simple or as fancy with the formula as you want.

=COUNTIF(B1:W1,"Shotgun*") (All Shotgun formations)
=COUNTIF(B1:W1,"<>Shotgun*") (All non-Shotgun formations (<> is not equal))
=COUNTIF(B1:W1,"I-Form - Normal*") (Whether or not a playbook has I-Form - Normal as a formation)

My personal favorite was this:
=IF(AND(COUNTIF(B1:W1,"Ace - Bunch*"),COUNTIF(B1:W1,"I-Form - Normal*"),COUNTIF(B1:W1,"I-Form - Twins*"),COUNTIF(B1:W1,"I-Form - Twin TE*")),COUNTIF(B1:W1,"Shotgun - Split*"),0)

If you follow the parentheses, it's a check for whether or not a playbook has Ace - Bunch, I-Form Normal, I-Form Twins, and I-Form Twin TE. If it does, then it's a count of how many Shotgun - Split formations there are. If not, it's 0, no matter what.

Rudy
09-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Nice work Jeff. I'm a big Excel guy as well.

I really liked Oregon St and for a change I switched to Eastern Michigan. That has the Pistol formation although I'm not a real fan of the QB in the short shotgun.

JeffHCross
09-03-2010, 10:52 PM
You should see the formulas I had to make my '95 Buckeyes :D

CLW
09-04-2010, 07:03 AM
So.... is there a way to find which playbook(s) have the most/several SG Bunch sets?

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 12:54 PM
=COUNTIF(B2:W2,"Shotgun -*Bunch*")

3: Missouri
2: Cincinnati, Rice

1 Formation
Bowling Green
Buffalo
BYU
Central Michigan
Colorado State
Connecticut
Duke
FIU
Florida State
Hawaii
Indiana
Iowa State
Kansas
Kent State
Louisville
Michigan State
Mid Tenn State
Minnesota
New Mexico State
North Texas
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Oregon State
Penn State
Purdue
San Jose State
SMU
Southern Miss
Tennessee
Utah
Washington
Washington State
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Spread
Pro Style
Run Balanced
Run and Shoot

CLW
09-04-2010, 01:30 PM
LOL I should have taken basic computers in college instead of volleyball; tae kwon do; officiating soccer; etc.... my senior yr while goofing off prior to lawschool.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Eh, basic computers wouldn't have taught you that, necessarily.

Rudy
09-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Heck, half the battle is knowing what kind of formulas are even available. Use the insert function help to look for functions that might fit a need.

JeffHCross
09-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Google is your friend. I learned about half of the functions I now use regularly thanks to Google. Using OpenOffice, rather than Excel, also helped a lot because OpenOffice's documentation is much cleaner. Thankfully, the majority of Excel functions are the same in OpenOffice, so looking for one helps me with the other.

JeffHCross
09-26-2010, 12:59 AM
North Texas's list in the two "By Playbook" sheets have duplicates of Shotgun - Trips Open and Trips Open Str. Both are shown twice in both lists.

morsdraconis
01-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Went looking for this and took me a minute to find it so I thought I'd bump it once again....

oweb26
01-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I just saved it off to my computer, since I switch playbooks about every two-four seasons or so.

JeffHCross
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Same here. I think I have a local copy on every computer I own :nod:

morsdraconis
01-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Eh, I like it where it is since I'm usually doing stuff online while I'm looking at it anyway.

Keontez
01-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I really hope EA gives us the .pdf playbooks with '12 again.

JeffHCross
01-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Seems to me like that was less of EA's decision and more of Prima/VG Sports' decision. Though I agree with you, I definitely want the PDFs back.

gschwendt
03-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Just came across a Youtube channel from thecoachingcollege that has video flip-throughs of every NCAA Football 11 playbook.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thecoachingcollege

Looks to be a good reference to go along with the playbooks spreadsheet so that you can see what exactly is contained in each formation.