PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 11 Pre-Release Media from The Gaming Tailgate

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 11:00 AM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?237-Pre-Release-Media-from-The-Gaming-Tailgate

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Enjoy! :)

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks a lot for this JB and the crew.

Coachdenz
07-09-2010, 11:02 AM
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!here we go!

Thanks guys

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks a lot for this JB and the crew.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!here we go!

Thanks guys

You're welcome brothers....we all are happy to provide everything to you guys!

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Intro video is sweet. Chills.

jaymo76
07-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Enjoy! :)

Awesome work guys! This may hold me over until Tuesday. Thanks for all the excellent footage.:)

HWill
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks a lot guys. This is great.

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Intro video is sweet. Chills.

Yeah it was great, but I laughed when he said "Every Saturday you tap that sign"

razorback44
07-09-2010, 11:13 AM
That intro video is a thing of beauty.

xMrHitStickx904
07-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Looks like i'm gonna be busy for awhile :)

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah it was great, but I laughed when he said "Every Saturday you tap that sign"

Like you're having sex with it :D

texacotea
07-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Why does Arky state walk out with names on the jersey but while playing it says HB#3?

nevermind its wierd

JeffHCross
07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Enjoy! :)Alright, I know how you were able to set the post to not launch until noon ... but how'd you play the YouTubes? Is there a way to hide YouTubes?

I guess what I'm really asking is ... could I have been watching the various YouTube channels and seen these before the embargo lifted?

Back on topic ... FINALLY, an awesome Intro Video again. That's much closer to the NCAA 2000 video (still my all time favorite) than we've been in a long time.

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 11:20 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D
It was hilarious!

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Alright, I know how you were able to set the post to not launch until noon ... but how'd you play the YouTubes? Is there a way to hide YouTubes?

I guess what I'm really asking is ... could I have been watching the various YouTube channels and seen these before the embargo lifted?
You can set Youtube videos to private. I just blazed through all of them to set as public as fast as I could right around launch

razorback44
07-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Stretch plays finally are in the Pistol playbook!! Edit: Well it looks like just in one formation and none of the rest.

Man you guys must have been working your asses off to get all this stuff in.

I'm going to donate asap. Thanks for your hard work!

PigSooie
07-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Great stuff!!! Can't wait to see your impressions of the game play.

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Hm, still kinda weird that on 4th down FG attempt by the CPU, the user's ST playbook defaults to a punt return.....like the demo....so you have to scroll to get to FG block.

HWill
07-09-2010, 11:26 AM
The second quarter of the Ohio State-Michigan video is still set to private.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Hm, still kinda weird that on 4th down FG attempt by the CPU, the user's ST playbook defaults to a punt return.....like the demo....so you have to scroll to get to FG block.
Well, other than PAT attempts, you'll always be defaulted to the first play of that formation. The reason for this is good though because if it defaulted to one in some instances, you'd get in the habit of expecting it to default to that when you want it to but sometimes it may not. Then you could end up accidentally calling the wrong play and cussing the game for making you do so. You do get used to hitting that triangle button and then scrolling over to the play rather quickly.

Captain Mallow
07-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Awesome stuff. Thanks.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Wow check out Ace Jumbo Heavy in the Nebraska book! I think I am in love with that formation. TE's and FB's are the bread and butter of my offense.

texacotea
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
NC game looks good, like the pregame that shows season stats and the post game actually looks like they won something.

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 11:41 AM
It looks like they really improved on the presentation aspect of the game.

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Well, other than PAT attempts, you'll always be defaulted to the first play of that formation. The reason for this is good though because if it defaulted to one in some instances, you'd get in the habit of expecting it to default to that when you want it to but sometimes it may not. Then you could end up accidentally calling the wrong play and cussing the game for making you do so. You do get used to hitting that triangle button and then scrolling over to the play rather quickly.

Yeah, understand that. Just different philosophy on it.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 11:50 AM
nice work fellas. I do like what I see thus far

Kwizzy
07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Great stuff guys! Lookin forward to watchin all this.

CLW
07-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Nice work guys!

#1 The Intro - WOW the best intro since like 04 I think it was. Nessler really does a great job with the commentary.

#2 The New Orleans Bowl - Fireworks really added to the presentation. The little things mad it clear this was an "important" ball game. Again Nessler sounds great.

#3 BCS Title - Loved the endgame stuff with the confetti in the air. I think the players didn't quite react as excited as they would IRL but its pretty solid. Nessler sounded good but Herbstreit sounded "flat"

#4 Auburn - Auburn had some "interesting" shotgun formations/plays

I'll have to go through the rest later as I'm sitting at the airport and about to board. Damn work!

rhombic21
07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
The zone defenses still do not look right, but I'm not exactly sure what the cause of the problem is. I noticed a number of times in the Texas-Alabama video that the computer zones in particular seemed to have huge gaps where it didn't make sense to have gaps. Man to man defense seemed better than was present in the demo.

Jcoop9
07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the videos

xMrHitStickx904
07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Got my 360 Slim today too. Just a good day. Appreciate this very much.

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
National Championship Video

1) How in the world was the play of the game that particular play? Don't understand that one at all.
2) The way Pryor held the crystal ball with 1 hand after winning looked very awkward.
3) The scene REALLY needs a coach. I don't care if it's generic. Just SOMEBODY in a polo shirt who not only receives a gatorade bathe but also receives the trophy on stage, WITH 2 HANDS, and have that coach hoist the trophy up.
4) Definitely a step up from any other year though.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 01:28 PM
National Championship Video

1) How in the world was the play of the game that particular play? Don't understand that one at all.
2) The way Pryor held the crystal ball with 1 hand after winning looked very awkward.
3) The scene REALLY needs a coach. I don't care if it's generic. Just SOMEBODY in a polo shirt who not only receives a gatorade bathe but also receives the trophy on stage, WITH 2 HANDS, and have that coach hoist the trophy up.
4) Definitely a step up from any other year though.
1) I super-simmed after the opening kickoff.

HuskerBlitz
07-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Nice work guys!

#1 The Intro - WOW the best intro since like 04 I think it was. Nessler really does a great job with the commentary.

#2 The New Orleans Bowl - Fireworks really added to the presentation. The little things mad it clear this was an "important" ball game. Again Nessler sounds great.

#3 BCS Title - Loved the endgame stuff with the confetti in the air. I think the players didn't quite react as excited as they would IRL but its pretty solid. Nessler sounded good but Herbstreit sounded "flat"

#4 Auburn - Auburn had some "interesting" shotgun formations/plays

I'll have to go through the rest later as I'm sitting at the airport and about to board. Damn work!

I'm still underwhelmed at the post-game celebration. The confetti is a nice touch, but there still needs to be more celebrating. Heck, I loved when they had the coach being carried off the field just behind the trophy being carried. It's college...I want celebration for championships!

mundo
07-09-2010, 01:49 PM
One of these days I hope the logic is there for CPU to audible out of the run when they are in a 4WR,1RB set against a 4-3 (second series of Neb vs NTU, Neb run). How cool of a wrinkle would it be for them to audible to a bubble or something.

All in all though, it definitely looks like more balanced football and therefore a blast. Looking forward to spending hours on it.

Rudy
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Holy videos Batman!

mundo
07-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Holy videos Batman!

Yes and thanks JB for all the time spent on the media

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 02:12 PM
1) I super-simmed after the opening kickoff.

It makes sense now. LOL!

Rudy
07-09-2010, 02:15 PM
JB, do you not shift your LBs around or slant your defense based on the offensive formation? OSU was motioning TEs are lining up in strong side formations and I wasn't seeing any movement by Michigan's defense (at least in the first quarter). I generally don't hot route on defense other than an occassional blitz by a LB but I do like to shift around the front 7.

Edit: I didn't really like some of the decisions by the OSU RBs. At times there was a lot of room to the outside and they didn't get to daylight very quickly.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Yes and thanks JB for all the time spent on the media

And Gschwendt and CDJ too! They did just as many if not more.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
JB, do you not shift your LBs around or slant your defense based on the offensive formation? OSU was motioning TEs are lining up in strong side formations and I wasn't seeing any movement by Michigan's defense (at least in the first quarter). I generally don't hot route on defense other than an occassional blitz by a LB but I do like to shift around the front 7.

Sometimes I do, but not all that often on the LB's....sometimes I'll shift the LB's opposite of where I shift my DL. Typically what I do pre-snap is man align, and crash in...usually controlling the DT as you see in the vids.

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I do want to thank cdj, gschwendt, and jb for all your time and effort. I'm sure everyone appreciates it immensely.

Deuce
07-09-2010, 03:05 PM
All I needed to see was the Nebraska Tech v Nebraska game. My TB cupcake dynasty is going to be TOUGH!

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I do want to thank cdj, gschwendt, and jb for all your time and effort. I'm sure everyone appreciates it immensely.

Thanks bro!

razorback44
07-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Do you guys feel like the deep ball is better defended in the retail version now versus the wide open streaks we were seeing in the demo?

JBHuskers
All I needed to see was the Nebraska Tech v Nebraska game. My TB cupcake dynasty is going to be TOUGH!

....and Nevada has some highly rated players. It's going to take a full four-years of recruiting to maybe even get back to that level of players after they leave. But I like it! I'll gladly take a 24-3 loss to Nebraska at this point of the team.

JBHuskers
Do you guys feel like the deep ball is better defended in the retail version now versus the wide open streaks we were seeing in the demo?

I think so....there will be a play or two obviously. It's much tighter IMO (that's what she said).

Deuce
07-09-2010, 03:17 PM
....and Nevada has some highly rated players. It's going to take a full four-years of recruiting to maybe even get back to that level of players after they leave. But I like it! I'll gladly take a 24-3 loss to Nebraska at this point of the team.

Yep, me too. And from what I've heard recruiting is pretty hard even on varsity. Should be fun!

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Yep, me too. And from what I've heard recruiting is pretty hard even on varsity. Should be fun!

Yeah, a better Michigan team by a full grade compared to Nebraska Tech, and I lost 30-3 on Heisman. Granted I'm not the best player in the world by any means :D

Deuce
07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I'll prolly stick with AA for the game and recruiting.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I'll prolly stick with AA for the game and recruiting.

I'm going AA on the game, and varsity on recruiting for now. If I get too many good players, I'll bump it up, but with what I've experienced so far, Varsity on recruiting has worked well....probably make a full determination after a full season.

Deuce
07-09-2010, 03:36 PM
and varsity on recruiting for now.

Damn...I may have to re-think my AA recruiting. This really has me pumped...:))

SpreadCoach
07-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Is it Tuesday yet??? The game looks great, playbooks look awesome. Question guys, with our Teambuilder teams, can we select the black and white or white and black equipment at the beginning of the game? Or can we only use the all white or all black cleats?

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey G, in the New Orleans bowl video, was that the Online Dynasty or offline dynasty interface? Or are they both the same?

joshuahuskers
07-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks for all your work guys, we really appreciate it...can't wait until Tuesday!

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey G, in the New Orleans bowl video, was that the Online Dynasty or offline dynasty interface? Or are they both the same?
Online Dynasty. I assume they're essentially the same.
The National Championship Game is from an offline dynasty.

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Online Dynasty. I assume they're essentially the same.
The National Championship Game is from an offline dynasty.

Oh ok, thats what I figured, just wasn't 100% sure about it.

JHeb
07-09-2010, 05:53 PM
TGT,

This is much more than I expected from you guys in way of vids, specifics, etc. Thanks!

irishfbfan1
07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Let me say this, and I know I am speaking for the whole gang of us on this site, THANKS, what a great way to introduce the new game, introduce the new site, and show everybody no matter whether they belong to this forum or not, that THIS site is your home for NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL SERIES from here on out! Great job guys!

irishfbfan1

Deuce
07-09-2010, 05:56 PM
"Everybody's here for the game"

:nod:

beartide06
07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Y'all have really done a great great job putting all this time in setting this up. I am greatly appreciated for it and now have something to do this weekend lol. I was wanted to ask two questions though. Do you know if you can get invited to other conferences in online dynasty? Also, can you receive offers from other school to coach elsewhere? Thanks for all your hard work guys!! :)

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
We greatly appreciate everyones feedback. I myself enjoyed doing all of it because I knew you guys would love seeing it, especially since you won't be able to get your hands on the game until Tuesday.

Do you know if you can get invited to other conferences in online dynasty? Also, can you receive offers from other school to coach elsewhere? Thanks for all your hard work guys!! :)
No on both accounts. Be sure to take a look at our Q&A thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?465-NCAA-Football-11-Q-amp-A-Thread). We've answered a bunch of questions in there as well!

Rudy
07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm definitely going to start with recruiting on AA. If I'm going with Michigan I'd rather start out too tough and back off after a couple years if I suck. It's the growing of a program that is the most fun. Once you become a great team (A or A+) the game becomes a little boring as you are expected to win virtually every game. The close battles while you are an average team are the best. Plus upsetting a better team is really satisfying.

beartide06
07-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Alright thanks. My bad, I guess I should have checked there first lol. Again, thanks guys. This is def the site to get all the best info and come to for NCAA.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Alright thanks. My bad, I guess I should have checked there first lol.
Not a problem. Just wanted to make sure to direct others over there as well if they hadn't seen it yet.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm definitely going to start with recruiting on AA. If I'm going with Michigan I'd rather start out too tough and back off after a couple years if I suck. It's the growing of a program that is the most fun. Once you become a great team (A or A+) the game becomes a little boring as you are expected to win virtually every game. The close battles while you are an average team are the best. Plus upsetting a better team is really satisfying.
Yeah, I think for a single player dynasty, AA is probably the way to go, even for the little guys. Granted me signing a handful of 3-star guys isn't going to change my team drastically the next year, but it will definitely put us on the road to playing above our means more quickly than if I had struggled to sign a single 3-star which would be more accurate for an Arkansas State type team.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I think for a single player dynasty, AA is probably the way to go, even for the little guys. Granted me signing a handful of 3-star guys isn't going to change my team drastically the next year, but it will definitely put us on the road to playing above our means more quickly than if I had struggled to sign a single 3-star which would be more accurate for an Arkansas State type team.

Have you tried to recruit on Heisman yet? If so how big of a difference is that from AA?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Have you tried to recruit on Heisman yet? If so how big of a difference is that from AA?
Honestly I haven't tried anything except Varsity so far. I just get the initial feeling from that experience that AA will be the way to go but I don't have first-hand experience. I'll try to play around with each this weekend.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Damn...I may have to re-think my AA recruiting. This really has me pumped...:))

You're rethinking AA? Hell, I'm rethinking Heisman for my edited Navy dynasty I'll be doing. :D

Deuce
07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
You're rethinking AA? Hell, I'm rethinking Heisman for my edited Navy dynasty I'll be doing. :D

:D I'm not very good though! Plus, I'm starting with a cupcake roster. It'll take me 5 or 6 years to become decent...I hope!

Rudy
07-09-2010, 07:42 PM
TOUGH loss for Texas against Bama. I'm guessing that was Tommy playing as Texas. He was calling plays and playing similar to my style except for the switching on defense which I don't do because I screw things up far more often that way. The double wide defense is awful tough late in the game. That had to hurt along with the missed FL.

cdj
07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Added a brief look at the Dual Stick Controls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkinbQJ7LJ4

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Does the player stretch his arm out for the touchdown this year when he's near the goaline or was that just a celebration?

cdj
07-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Does the player stretch his arm out for the touchdown this year when he's near the goaline or was that just a celebration?

That was a celebration (O/B near goal line on breakaway).

griffin2608
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Those dual stick controls are great I can predict that I will end up on my face a couple times lol

procops1
07-09-2010, 08:45 PM
this is great thank you guys.
i havent anticipated this game so much since 2005. on the good ol ps2. best one if u ask me

JeffHCross
07-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Heck, I loved when they had the coach being carried off the field just behind the trophy being carried.I, for one, am glad they no longer have a lineman military-pressing the championship trophy behind the coach. That was just laughable. Awesome, in a way, but laughable nevertheless.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2010, 09:47 PM
:D I'm not very good though! Plus, I'm starting with a cupcake roster. It'll take me 5 or 6 years to become decent...I hope!

Well, just wait until I start up my Navy dynasty thread in the Dynasty Recap forum. Lets just say, by the time I get done editing Navy's players and rosters, the I-AA directional schools (East, Northwest, etc) could whoop my ass 100-0. :D

cdj
07-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Per request, Nebraska's entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1THhYICNnDk

cdj
07-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Per request, Nebraska's entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1THhYICNnDk

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 12:13 AM
You mean personal request? lol

cdj
07-10-2010, 12:25 AM
You mean personal request? lol

Maaaybe...

Request from YT channel, Arkansas entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVKZeZlz-dU

arob12aggie
07-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Does the teambuilder's crowd still split when using a bowl stadium?

JeffHCross
07-10-2010, 12:37 AM
From the Q&A Thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?465):

It looks like the crowd is about 50/50, however it's not split dead down the center. The fans are sparsely scattered around. Not sure if that's how it did it last year but that's how it does it this year.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Maaaybe...

Request from YT channel, Arkansas entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVKZeZlz-dU

The UL-Monroe's kicker's towel has an erection. Go to the 1:17 mark.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 09:29 AM
That was a celebration (O/B near goal line on breakaway).

How do you do the celebrations? I've never been able to figure them out.

cdj
07-10-2010, 09:35 AM
How do you do the celebrations? I've never been able to figure them out.

When near the goal line on a break away play, Circle (PS3)/B (360) won't do a spin move, it will trigger an early celebration. Last year it seemed like I only saw the finger point from left to right. This year I've seen the player hold up index finger, hold up a fist, and also extending his arm and the ball.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Just added an online game between cdj & I, Fresno State at Nevada, to the homepage. Part 4 is still processing and part 5 has yet to be uploaded but both should be available sometime today.

A few notes... there were quite a few turnovers in the game. Mine (Nevada's) were pretty much my own fault... trying to pitch too late and trying to gain that extra yard even though I was wrapped up.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Just added an online game between cdj & I, Fresno State at Nevada, to the homepage. Part 4 is still processing and part 5 has yet to be uploaded but both should be available sometime today.

A few notes... there were quite a few turnovers in the game. Mine (Nevada's) were pretty much my own fault... trying to pitch too late and trying to gain that extra yard even though I was wrapped up.

YouTube sent me my subscription updates earlier this morning so I've already seen the first 3 videos.:D

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Notre Dame's Team Entrance has been added to the home page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqeIMhVpYEg

xMrHitStickx904
07-10-2010, 11:29 AM
too bad there isn't any entrances for online games. it's all good though. at least, that i know of.

CLW
07-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Great work guys. Can't wait to see the conclusion of the online tilt. From what I can tell from the videos the game looks slightly improved from the demo in terms of a pass rush and DB coverage. Those issues will likely remain but do not appear to be "game killers".

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 12:53 PM

Tapping that sign every Saturday. :D

cdj
07-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Tapping that sign every Saturday. :D

Every time I watch that video, my mind wants to say "Every Saturday you tap that a...." :P

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Every time I watch that video, my mind wants to say "Every Saturday you tap that a...." :P

If I were a current Notre Dame student, I swear I'd start calling a female's backside a sign. :D

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 03:00 PM
If I were a current Notre Dame student, I swear I'd start calling a female's backside a sign. :D

Girl let me tap that sign. :D

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Part 5 of Fresno State vs Nevada has been posted to the home page. It's still currently being processed so the quality will improve.

delarge05
07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey guys does the Weather Channel actually work this year?(I know last year it was always sunny in online games)

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Girl let me tap that sign. :D

I'm trying to play like a champion today!

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm trying to play like a champion today!

:D :D :D No losers over here!

randolph11
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, great work! Thanks for the Auburn playbook run through. If you get a chance, can I see Auburn play against another team. Either online or cpu? Also, SIAP but I woulld like to see some 335 defense gameplay.

Thanks again, Great Job on the videos!

JBHuskers
07-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Recording SMU vs. Texas Tech right now...it'll be on All-Amercian, will hope to have it uploaded to YouTube by Sunday.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Recording SMU vs. Texas Tech right now...it'll be on All-Amercian, will hope to have it uploaded to YouTube by Sunday.

nice. Are you playing it in Lubbock? or Dallas? which team are you controlling?

JBHuskers
07-10-2010, 04:56 PM
nice. Are you playing it in Lubbock? or Dallas? which team are you controlling?

Played in Lubbock, lost in a very entertaining game 27-24. I was SMU.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I got a friend of mine that plays at SMU. I wonder how he's rated in the game.

cdj
07-10-2010, 05:08 PM
From YT Channel requests:

Michigan Entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF2nB0zGzwY

Oklahoma Entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqaNnGsyWl4

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Wow if OSU's and Clemson's entrance were as long as the ND entrance they could do it right! With the players walking to the endzone and swaying arm in arm before running on to the field, and the players running down the Hill for Clemson, instead of rubbing the rock and then cutting out.

Nevada/Fresno vid, saw some really good things.

49 yard field goal came up WAY short.

Option is lethal, but can be stopped.

Turnovers aren't auto-td's. Also tipped passes/passes while getting hit, aren't auto TO's

Passing game is covered MUCH better than in the demo.

And qb pressure was good IMO.

Bad Things:

There were times, especially late in the ball game, where a team celebration would have been REALLY SWEET and added to the drama of the moment. Also, the fg celebration, if moved directly to when the fg goes through would make that a better moment too. While the crowd was better, this is going back on my list for '12. Team celebrations put this game over the top in the atmosphere realm for sure, but the gameplay is just ridiculously better and this is going to be a great year of play.

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 05:18 PM
So with entrances, they don't seem to be in online ranked play. Will they be in OD's? Will I have to play an offline dynasty to get a team entrance? Hopefully the answer is :smh:

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 05:25 PM
HAHA! Why on earth are there digiplayers cheering on the sideline during the end of the entrances! Oh man, that's funny! They should be getting in on the huddle! Just noticed that.

JeffHCross
07-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Wow if OSU's and Clemson's entrance were as long as the ND entrance they could do it right! With the players walking to the endzone and swaying arm in arm before running on to the fieldDespite the arm-in-arm being in NCAA 11 ... that isn't our entrance. That's pre-game. The entrance onto the field is through The Best Damn Band in the Land.

cdj
07-10-2010, 05:38 PM
There were times, especially late in the ball game, where a team celebration would have been REALLY SWEET and added to the drama of the moment. Also, the fg celebration, if moved directly to when the fg goes through would make that a better moment too. While the crowd was better, this is going back on my list for '12. Team celebrations put this game over the top in the atmosphere realm for sure, but the gameplay is just ridiculously better and this is going to be a great year of play.

Agreed 100%. That's a big missing element in the presentation. At the CE they said that's the goal down the line, but they have to piece out the existing post-play 'celebrations' first and that's not an overnight job. Greg & crew definitely agree with you though.

It was a very sloppy game. G and I are both better players than the video indicated. He actually kicked me up and down the field, but turnovers kept me in it.

irishfbfan1
07-10-2010, 05:42 PM

Now I am ready! Thanks guys! awesome!

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Agreed 100%. That's a big missing element in the presentation. At the CE they said that's the goal down the line, but they have to piece out the existing post-play 'celebrations' first and that's not an overnight job. Greg & crew definitely agree with you though.

It was a very sloppy game. G and I are both better players than the video indicated. He actually kicked me up and down the field, but turnovers kept me in it.

Yeah I knew that had to be on the agenda. It's only natural in a sports game. How come they have to piece out the ones now? Is it a replacement issue?

lol, yeah he did. And the sack at the end of the half put him out of fg range, although I thought for a moment that the long bomb was gonna find it's way to a wr, with only one S back at the goalline. To's ultimately cost you the game as well. Live by, die by I guess.

cdj
07-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah I knew that had to be on the agenda. It's only natural in a sports game. How come they have to piece out the ones now? Is it a replacement issue?

I think it's just something that can't be moved out easily. I'd guess it'll be changed next year, but they did make it sound like it's not a simple swap-out for whatever new system they use whether it's NCAA 12 or later.

rhombic21
07-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I don't know how many other requests you have, but I'd be interested in taking a peek at the Air Force playbook, unless that's been posted somewhere else that I'm not aware of.

My understanding is that the Air Force playbook is probably one of the only ones in the game that involves a lot of under-center option that isn't exclusively based out of the flexbone (has some I-formation and other power run formations). If it's like last year, then it essentially resembles the old Nebraska offense. Is that correct? I'm kind of excited about the potential of running an option oriented attack, and I'm trying to decide whether I want to base it out of shotgun, pistol, flexbone, or I-formation.

It does look like the pass defense is better than the demo, which is encouraging. The underneath zones still look kind of off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I don't think it's as bad as it was last year. It seems like the players could do a better job of recognizing when they need to cover an area, and when they need to match up with or follow a receiver. Deep zones appear to be improved significantly.

Also, it seems to me like they need more plays where they essentially keep everything else the same and convert flat zones to purple zones so that they cover deep down the sidelines a little better. Or they could essentially alter the way that flat zones work to be more conservative in taking away passes deeper down the sidelines.

Man coverage seems to have a pretty nice balance between offense and defense from the videos that you've posted so far, and the pass rush does seem slightly better, at least in human versus human games.

If any of you happen to get a chance to play online against somebody who is really good at the passing game and/or is somewhat cheesy with the passing game, then I'd be interested in watching a video of that to get a sense for what ranked games are going to look like. In particular it seems to me that the zones have some issues covering multiple vertical routes that attack the seams, so I'd be interested in seeing the extent to which that issue is going to be defendable in online games.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't know how many other requests you have, but I'd be interested in taking a peek at the Air Force playbook, unless that's been posted somewhere else that I'm not aware of.

My understanding is that the Air Force playbook is probably one of the only ones in the game that involves a lot of under-center option that isn't exclusively based out of the flexbone (has some I-formation and other power run formations). Is that correct?
I'll see what I can do. But yeah, they definitely have an option heavy book with looks out of different formations. Option Run also has a bunch of different looks although I haven't looked at that playbook specifically other than my spreadsheet. Another one to take a look at is Wake Forest... they have triple-option out of I-Form, Wishbone, & Shotgun; I'd say it's definitely one of my favorites so far.

rhombic21
07-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Wow, that's really cool. I'd be interested in seeing all of those playbooks. But if people have other gameplay requests, then feel free to cover those first.

Too bad that VG isn't doing the playbook art again this year.

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I think it's just something that can't be moved out easily. I'd guess it'll be changed next year, but they did make it sound like it's not a simple swap-out for whatever new system they use whether it's NCAA 12 or later.

Gotcha. Encouraging to think it might be in next year and it's on the to do list! Thanks

It does look like the pass defense is better than the demo, which is encouraging. The underneath zones still look kind of off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I don't think it's as bad as it was last year. It seems like the players could do a better job of recognizing when they need to cover an area, and when they need to match up with or follow a receiver. Deep zones appear to be improved significantly.

G or JB said they thought the underneath zones are maybe a yard or 2 deep. Also I don't think LB's pick up everyone that enters their zone on time by the looks of it. So a stop or comeback will be open for longer than it should, leaving a qb an extra 1 or 2 seconds to make a decision with the ball underneath. This doesn't help the pass rush because of the dump off, and doesn't help the mid range passing game because the LB will stay back just far enough to make a play over the middle. In that case, some of the level routes are shot against a zone. Just some stuff that I see. Nothing game breaking, but a little thing that could change the schematics a bit

rhombic21
07-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, it seems like it goes both ways. They sit too far back against short routes, but then against vertical routes down the seams or over the middle, they are too quick to pass the receiver off to the deep coverage player, which results in some pretty massive gaps between the underneath coverage and the safeties/CBs.

Also, some of the zone blitzes do look particularly problematic with defenders sliding over and covering the right areas, particularly when the ball is on the hashmark.

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, it seems like it goes both ways. They sit too far back against short routes, but then against vertical routes down the seams or over the middle, they are too quick to pass the receiver off to the deep coverage player, which results in some pretty massive gaps between the underneath coverage and the safeties/CBs.

Also, some of the zone blitzes do look particularly problematic with defenders sliding over and covering the right areas, particularly when the ball is on the hashmark.

Yeah I noticed that too. That's part of 'on time' that I was talking about, but well explained.

xMrHitStickx904
07-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I like how well put together the presentation is at the end of the Fresno / Nevada game, very well done. I think the next thing they'll probably do is work on in-game celebrations from the teams, players and sidelines, but this is a huge leap imo. Definitely ready to hit the lab at midnight.

JeffHCross
07-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Also, it seems to me like they need more plays where they essentially keep everything else the same and convert flat zones to purple zones so that they cover deep down the sidelines a little better. Or they could essentially alter the way that flat zones work to be more conservative in taking away passes deeper down the sidelines.Agreed. A lot of my better defensive plays on NCAA 10 were with hot routes from flat zones to Purple.

I would also be interested in a look at the Air Force playbook.

jaymo76
07-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Hey guys, I haven't seen all of the video footage (family et al) but I was wondering if INJURIES have been updated to the Madden 10 format... as in the trainers come out to the field, etc. The NCAA 10 player dead on the field is really annoying

irishfbfan1
07-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Wow, that's really cool. I'd be interested in seeing all of those playbooks. But if people have other gameplay requests, then feel free to cover those first.

Too bad that VG isn't doing the playbook art again this year.

I agree Rhombic about the playbooks and VG, they were so helpful last year. I like the spreadsheet with the formations but if we can figure a way of doing the individual plays within the formations I would be willing to help all I can. Good to see ya Rhombic.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Hey guys, I haven't seen all of the video footage (family et al) but I was wondering if INJURIES have been updated to the Madden 10 format... as in the trainers come out to the field, etc. The NCAA 10 player dead on the field is really annoying

There are elements of that. But it doesn't seem to happen every time to where you can tell. On top of that, sometimes there is an injury report and sometimes not....and sometimes a bar pops up right above the scorebar to let you know, but not sure if that's every time. It seems a bit better, but still not as well as I think I'd like. I would like to see the injury stop the advance to the play call screen, so that you know a player is hurt, and then tell you what he hurt. Even if it's just a preliminary call, i.e. "Wr #1 hurt his wrist, tbd". And then at that point you can look for that bar to tell you over the next several plays. Otherwise as it is, I think it will be easy to miss.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Hey guys, I haven't seen all of the video footage (family et al) but I was wondering if INJURIES have been updated to the Madden 10 format... as in the athletic trainers come out to the field, etc. The NCAA 10 player dead on the field is really annoying

Fixed :P

Don't take a personal. I'm a certified athletic trainer and the profession wants to move away from being called just trainers and promote being called athletic trainers. The higher ups feel as though "trainer" doesn't really say what it is we do even though anyone who watches sports figure it out pretty quickly.

Also, I find it funny that athletic trainers made it into the game before coaches. :D

Rudy
07-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Why are there no halftime highlights in the game? In terms of presentation couldn't they have just used their post game highlights system for the halftime show? I'd love to have true commentary for the highlight show but a few videos would have been nice.

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Here's the Air Force Playbook run through for rhombic. I also captured Wake Forest, Option Run, Arkansas State and Michigan playbooks but fell asleep before I processed them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvJy04kNMv4

xMrHitStickx904
07-11-2010, 08:16 AM
playing against a few people last night on my friends PS3, it looks like i'll be using "purples" a lot again this year. It's like a hybrid because they lurk curls, and help the flats. But flat zones are just lurking the flats, something that didn't happen last year, especially on Madden. I think i'm gonna experiment a lot more with some 3 deep coverage blitzes, since it's harder to cover the same distance of ground with the safety this year. That's based off about 5 games.

rhombic21
07-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks, G. That's a pretty interesting playbook. I think that the flexbone sets are going to be a lot more dangerous this year with the addition of misdirection plays and the toned down effectiveness of run commit. That Maryland I Wide set also looks pretty interesting.

mundo
07-11-2010, 10:22 AM
That Air Force playbook looks like a TON of fun with great balance. Think I am going to have to use that one for my TB team.

cdj
07-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Virginia vs. Maryland in snow

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgxH2molizA

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5Dh1C0OsU

Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caxGLlmN5P0

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmx3hElvvzg

Part 5 (Post-Game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvIr3Efon8k

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 11:03 AM

So, I see that the fans are smart enough to wear jackets and sweaters in cold weather but once again, female cheerleaders wear skirts, despite the elements. :D

Back when I was in school, cheerleaders (male and female) wore at least a pair of windsuit pants and a jacket in bad weather. Whenever it got cold in late October/November, some of the females even wore earmuffs. These poor digital ladies need to cover up. :D

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Option Run Playbook Run Through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCI_NeR6C6A

HuskerBlitz
07-11-2010, 11:04 AM
That's almost too much snow.

cdj
07-11-2010, 11:11 AM

I can't remember if I picked the medium or heavy setting. Combined with UVAs all-whites, it wasn't easy to keep track of what was going on at times.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 11:15 AM

I can't remember if I picked the medium or heavy setting. Combined with UVAs all-whites, it wasn't easy to keep track of what was going on at times.

Glad I'm not the only one who could barely see VA.

Solidice
07-11-2010, 12:06 PM

I'm looking forward to playing as Maryland in the OD here. I like their stadium, that new press box/suites building looks great.

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Arkansas State Playbook Run Through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mm1fwDmrN8

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Anyway of getting a pic of a Teambuilder team with text across the front?

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Anyway of getting a pic of a Teambuilder team with text across the front?
Can do. Tell me one of yours that has the text and I'll grab a pic. You'll have to make it public though because the last time I searched under your name, it came up with zero results.

CLW
07-11-2010, 12:38 PM
So much for "Global Warming". Blizzard in Maryland? Good stuff!

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Can do. Tell me one of yours that has the text and I'll grab a pic. You'll have to make it public though because the last time I searched under your name, it came up with zero results.

My teams should all be public. I have no idea why they wouldn't show up.

Author: souljahbill
Team: Alaska Tech Polar Bears

http://i28.tinypic.com/1060epl.jpg

I just wanna see if I need to make any changes. Oh, can you use them as the home team so I can see how the crowd looks (in terms of the crowd split). If you have any problems accessing them, let me know.

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Michigan Playbook Run Through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CNQrhuWEmk

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 01:14 PM

I just wanna see if I need to make any changes. Oh, can you use them as the home team so I can see how the crowd looks (in terms of the crowd split). If you have any problems accessing them, let me know.
I'll work on this later this afternoon for you.

randolph11
07-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Hey guys, could I get a brief video or just description of what Auburn's entrance looks like? Thanks! Midnight Tuesday morning can't get here soon enough!

It's good to hear that the game may have taken a step forward in gameplay this year.

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Camouflage baby! Just trying tackling Virginia Tech in that blizzard when you can't even see their players against all the snow. :D

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 02:28 PM

For some reason when I just searched for your username, it didn't find it, but when I searched for Dukes, AK, it found it.

102 103 104

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Wake Forest Playbook Run Through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqUaMK33Nio

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
For some reason when I just searched for your username, it didn't find it, but when I searched for Dukes, AK, it found it.

102 103 104

I figured that would help. Thanks for the pics! *Goes back to Teambuilder to edit*

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 03:03 PM
I figured that would help. Thanks for the pics! *Goes back to Teambuilder to edit*

:D I knew you wouldn't like how that looked!

BTW I can't tell. Is that a split or is that a home crowd really thinned out?

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 03:08 PM
:D I knew you wouldn't like how that looked!

BTW I can't tell. Is that a split or is that a home crowd really thinned out?

Yeah, I went ahead and just made the text white with no outline and unfortunately, went back to the generic bowl as a stadium.

We gotta get a generic dome in there. I would use the Superdome but for some reason, EA added a bunch of Tulane signage that doesn't even exist in real life.

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm still working on Texas Tech/SMU, as it takes a while to process full games.....but I will post quarter one once YouTube is done uploading and processing. That should be sometime early this evening.

BPHusker
07-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey guys, how is the lag online? Maybe it was just me, but last year when I played online it seemed like the controller to screen movement was delayed maybe a half second or less. Does it play like you are playing against the CPU?

cdj
07-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey guys, how is the lag online? Maybe it was just me, but last year when I played online it seemed like the controller to screen movement was delayed maybe a half second or less. Does it play like you are playing against the CPU?

When I played gschwendt on Friday I felt there was some lag which was annoying. It seemed like I sometimes had to hit buttons twice on the playcall screen to get it to register.

Dr Death
07-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I went ahead and just made the text white with no outline and unfortunately, went back to the generic bowl as a stadium.

We gotta get a generic dome in there. I would use the Superdome but for some reason, EA added a bunch of Tulane signage that doesn't even exist in real life.

A dome? For Alaska Tech??? Ah man, you could be playing snow games by early October!!! Football is meant to be played outdoors brother... outdoors!!! :D

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 04:58 PM
A dome? For Alaska Tech??? Ah man, you could be playing snow games by early October!!! Football is meant to be played outdoors brother... outdoors!!! :D

I don't even like being outside when the temp is below 70. :D

In NCAA Football '10, playing as Alaska Tech in my dynasty, we played games when the temp was in the teens and 20's. We had a lot of snow games. I'm thinking of my fans. That's far to frigid for the children. Plus, the female cheerleaders wear mini-skirts, no matter the temp. I don't wanna upset their parents. :D

WarEagle75
07-11-2010, 05:00 PM
How does the game determine when there is a flyover in the pregame? And if possible could we see Auburn's entrance?

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:01 PM

By your Hawaii profile pic, I was about to say "easy for you to talk about outdoors". Then I saw your location ;)

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:01 PM
How does the game determine when there is a flyover in the pregame? And if possible could we see Auburn's entrance?

Big games I think. Bowls in particular

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 05:06 PM

Big games I think. Bowls in particular
Bowl games and conference championship games in an outdoor stadium.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Bowl games and conference championship games in an outdoor stadium.

There ya go!

Dr Death
07-11-2010, 05:13 PM
By your Hawaii profile pic, I was about to say "easy for you to talk about outdoors". Then I saw your location ;)

:D Dude I grew up living for football in the winter! When it snowed we were on the field! Now as for SoulJahBill and his worrying about the kids and cheerleaders... it's Alaska man! They make them tough up there! Haven't you seen Lisa on Ice Road Truckers?

She's hot and tough as nails! :nod:

Solidice
07-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I wished it snowed during football season here. back when I played high school ball, it was 100 degree weather most days. :(

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 05:20 PM
:D Dude I grew up living for football in the winter! When it snowed we were on the field! Now as for SoulJahBill and his worrying about the kids and cheerleaders... it's Alaska man! They make them tough up there! Haven't you seen Lisa on Ice Road Truckers?

LMAO! :D
Well played, sir.

I still hate cold weather and want a dome. :P

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I wished it snowed during football season here. back when I played high school ball, it was 100 degree weather most days. :(

That's what I'm talking about. Gimmie a hot, sweltering day any day of the week. For me, cold weather is for the birds.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:21 PM

:D Well. The cheerleaders could be from California for all you know. It's college man. From what I heard at the Alaskan Shootout last year, a TON of Cali girls go to Alaska for school. :drool:. Plus you gotta worry about daylight too. Most of the year it's dark all day.

AMagicianNamedGOB
07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for all the media/info you guys have provided. I feel silly/amazed about the energy and focus I pour into studying something which I will own in less than 48 hours.

How does the CPU run the option? I've read that option teams recruit the proper players, but can they also execute the plays? Thanks.

Solidice
07-11-2010, 05:24 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Gimmie a hot, sweltering day any day of the week. For me, cold weather is for the birds.

I rather have temps around 50-55 personally. maybe 60 if there is a some wind.

yeah, I shouldn't be living in Texas. :D

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 05:27 PM
I rather have temps around 50-55 personally. maybe 60 if there is a some wind.

yeah, I shouldn't be living in Texas. :D

Man, when the temp is that low, I break out a my big jacket, not a light windbreaker or a sweater. That's cold for me *happy to live in the south*

Dr Death
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM
It's -40 degrees, I'm wearing a light jacket, the road is an iced over ocean, it's bright out and I'm wearing sunglasses... Hit it!

http://www.history.com/images/media/slideshow/ice-road-truckers-season-three/ice-road-truckers-season-three-lisa.jpg

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for all the media/info you guys have provided. I feel silly/amazed about the energy and focus I pour into studying something which I will own in less than 48 hours.

How does the CPU run the option? I've read that option teams recruit the proper players, but can they also execute the plays? Thanks.

Well, if the reviews were bad, maybe you wouldn't get it? Good time spent IMO. Plus I just can't wait 48 hours. That's a long time haha

Solidice
07-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Man, when the temp is that low, I break out a my big jacket, not a light windbreaker or a sweater. That's cold for me *happy to live in the south*

I'm still wearing shorts when it's in the 50's. :D

AMagicianNamedGOB
07-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Well, if the reviews were bad, maybe you wouldn't get it? Good time spent IMO. Plus I just can't wait 48 hours. That's a long time haha

The review thing is undoubtedly true, though since this will be my first NCAA purchase since '07 on the PS2 (Greatest. NCAA. Ever.) perhaps I'm easier to woo than others. I have to pop my next-gen cherry sometime right?

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Quarter 1 of a very good game between SMU and Texas Tech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGTWvEW8pnA

Dr Death
07-11-2010, 06:37 PM

Thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!

No prob! Working on the rest of the game right now. By the end of the night the rest should be posted. I will update the news story and also post in this thread as they upload and process.

Kingpin32
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Wow the Tech stadium looks nice.

I OU a Beatn
07-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Stadium looks absolutely awesome. I also LOVE the look over when attempting to audible. I never noticed that in the demo, but that is a really neat addition.

mundo
07-11-2010, 07:23 PM

I have actually seen a mixed bag on the CPU recruiting the right players but have not seen anything on how they execute the plays. I would be interested to hear how they execute the option myself (both triple and read).

Aglemar
07-11-2010, 07:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGTWvEW8pnA

Awesome! Trips Open is...beautiful - so much more than I was expecting. Thanks!

Boucher
07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
SO Dr. Death hows the playbook

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Stadium looks absolutely awesome. I also LOVE the look over when attempting to audible. I never noticed that in the demo, but that is a really neat addition.

It's in the demo. If you go no huddle. Then once your too the line and the play is picked, you audible (even to the same play), they will do it. It does look sweet.

Dr Death
07-11-2010, 07:57 PM
SO Dr. Death hows the playbook

It's disappointing. I saw 38 pass plays that Steve_OS posted at OS and none of those 38 pass plays have option routes. Looking through the video I didn't see any there either. I have been following this offense for over 25 years and have several Mouse Davis and June Jones playbooks... the offense is built on adjusting to the defense after the snap. Which means... option routes.

Yet I have seen none as of yet. I do know there are two because we saw a screen of the SMU playbook about a month ago and they had some options routes in those two plays... but the playbook should have option routes on every play.

Another thing is the R&S playbook is not that big. With all the option routes it doesn't have to be. I'd be shocked if they had 38 passing plays when Colt Brennan was at Hawaii. More like 15-18. And of course, somehow EA still omits the Shovel Pass.

So... to summarize the SMU playbook... very disappointing.

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Part one of quarter two - SMU vs. Texas Tech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-90vOUZA-bo

Aglemar
07-11-2010, 08:09 PM
It's disappointing. I saw 38 pass plays that Steve_OS posted at OS and none of those 38 pass plays have option routes. Looking through the video I didn't see any there either. I have been following this offense for over 25 years and have several Mouse Davis and June Jones playbooks... the offense is built on adjusting to the defense after the snap. Which means... option routes.

Yet I have seen none as of yet. I do know there are two because we saw a screen of the SMU playbook about a month ago and they had some options routes in those two plays... but the playbook should have option routes on every play.

Another thing is the R&S playbook is not that big. With all the option routes it doesn't have to be. I'd be shocked if they had 38 passing plays when Colt Brennan was at Hawaii. More like 15-18. And of course, somehow EA still omits the Shovel Pass.

So... to summarize the SMU playbook... very disappointing.

I really had low expectations, but there was one option route I saw in the first quarter in the Trips Open formation - SE Options. Course how well they run the option routes etc is a whole nother monster.

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Looks like I'll get the 2nd part of quarter two uploaded and ready tonight. Three and four will be uploading overnight, and I'll have those posted tomorrow morning sometime.

Solidice
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
you let Adam James score on you? Craig must be going nuts in the booth. :D

also, it sounded like they added the "Raider..... Power" chant(at least it sounded like it). I don't recall that in NCAA 10. if it was, I guess using custom stadium sounds overrode it.

Aglemar
07-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Looks like I'll get the 2nd part of quarter two uploaded and ready tonight. Three and four will be uploading overnight, and I'll have those posted tomorrow morning sometime.

Thanks JB for all your effort - much appreciated!

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 09:20 PM
In game chants that aren't custom are pretty bad. But at least they are there. Time for updated chants I think. Or something to muffle them over the stadium or something

Undertow
07-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Can you return kickoffs in Road to Glory mode?

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 09:17 AM
More SMU vs. Texas Tech

Quarter 2 - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig9EpNQB2ys

Quarter 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeg1zI2bdJA

Quarter 4 - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggaki2AxclQ

Quarter 4 - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-3grLekXFY

griffin2608
07-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Can some one post screen shots of uniforms in the 4th quarter? I have heard that there are no dirty uniforms or scuffs on the helmets like in past games. Its not a big deal to me but some have said that uniforms stay completely clean with no wear and tear or scuffs on the helmets and some people say that there is dirty uniforms during the game.

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Can some one post screen shots of uniforms in the 4th quarter? I have heard that there are no dirty uniforms or scuffs on the helmets like in past games. Its not a big deal to me but some have said that uniforms stay completely clean with no wear and tear or scuffs on the helmets and some people say that there is dirty uniforms during the game.

Yeah the uniforms and helmets do not get dirty this year. Probably a casualty of some new graphics technology where it was left out this year, but not forgotten.

griffin2608
07-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah the uniforms and helmets do not get dirty this year. Probably a casualty of some new graphics technology where it was left out this year, but not forgotten.

Alright, thanks for the reply.

cdj
07-12-2010, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kdF-VGBqvI

Solidice
07-12-2010, 10:44 AM
pause the video @ 3:06 in the SMU vs TTU quarter 3. awesome 1-handed TD by Detron Lewis. :cool:

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 10:52 AM
pause the video @ 3:06 in the SMU vs TTU quarter 3. awesome 1-handed TD by Detron Lewis. :cool:

Yeah the replay on that was NICE!

griffin2608
07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Would someone with spare time upload my team builder team Kota State Bisons (PS3 user name bigjake62505) and post some screen shots on the field or a video. Please and thank you.

cdj
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Army vs. Navy. I picked the plays for Navy, but had Auto Pass turned on and let CPU run the plays (Coach Mode). This also gives a very simple and quick look at the CPU running and defending the option. Probably not a fair sample size to make any definitive statements, but I wanted to share this since there were requests for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt2uleEM_Zc

Solidice
07-12-2010, 11:04 AM
looks like they really need to fixed the substitutions in the game. towards the end of their drives, TTU had defensive backs lining up at WR, one even caught that last TD. it should sub in any WR that is not on the depth chart list and/or HBs or TEs before putting in DBs.

mundo
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Army vs. Navy. I picked the plays for Navy, but had Auto Pass turned on and let CPU run the plays (Coach Mode). This also gives a very simple and quick look at the CPU running and defending the option. Probably not a fair sample size to make any definitive statements, but I wanted to share this since there were requests for it.

thank you, sir

ebin
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
More SMU vs. Texas Tech

You guys have seriously gone above and beyond with the amount of information you've provided! I was out of town this weekend, and didn't have access to the site. I've already spent like 4 hours getting caught up, and there are probably enough videos on here to keep me busy all day. Great work, guys!

Bummer. That was always a nice little touch.

cdj
07-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Here's a look at the Game Speed on each setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLvCqNuzfI

Where I really felt it was on the extreme settings, Very Slow and Very Fast.

Very Slow - When you break through the OL, it just takes forever to get to the QB. Probably the ideal speed for newcomers or casual players.

Very Fast - When switching to a DB on a pass, you have very little time to move and get in position for an INT. Might be ideal for the best of the best in the community. Would probably make CPU more competitive since there's little reaction time for User moves.

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Good stuff there.