PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 Q&A Thread

Pages : [1] 2

gschwendt
07-08-2010, 11:37 PM
With the TGT admins able to talk about the game starting tomorrow at noon eastern and with others planning to receive the game tomorrow, it's time for impressions. There will be two threads... one for simple Q&A along with discussion, another will be for full impression posts which will basically only be for those that have the game to actually post in.

This will be the Q&A thread... pretty much anything goes but if your question isn't answered, just sit tight. We will do our best to answer all questions but some either take more time or are too specific.

I'll copy over your questions from the early copies thread and paste them in the first reply tomorrow. I've already put together answers for most of them but a few I don't have an answer for.

For now, this thread will remain locked until noon eastern.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
This thread is now open.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 10:59 AM
To start, I just want you guys to give your honest opinion about the game as a whole

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 11:00 AM
How are the punt, KO, and FG lengths and hang-times for the CPU?

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 11:01 AM
What do or are your impressions of the DL and OL intereactions?

Question for all

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Here are the questions from the early copies thread. If your question is not listed below, please repost it. However, if it's not answered below, we will do our best to answer it over the next couple of days.

Well if you guys do have access to online can you check to see if you can change stadiums in unranked games.
Cannot change stadiums nor weather in online games.

Also can someone post if there is any new plays in the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5.Thanks
Unfortunately no, at least not the actual 3-3-5 & 4-2-5 formations. The playbooks did get the changes that they added in the Nickel & Dime but that's about it. Largely it seems there weren't a lot of changes made to the defensive playbooks. Certainly not the extent that the offensive playbooks saw.

Additionally, I'm sad to report that the SS2 Man Coverage bug is still in (where SS2 moves to middle of formation but assigned Slot WR). I mentioned this to them at Community Day but possibly there wasn't enough time to fix it. I've mentioned it to them again in my notes for the retail version.

Couple quick questions JB. Does Illinois' playbook reflect the hiring of Paul Petrino, ie. is it the Arkansas playbook? Also, if one of you gets the chance, can you take a gander at the Arkansas playbook and let me know if they added a Pistol formation. If they did that then I will be the happiest guy on the internet!
Just going off of formation listings, they're identical except Arkansas has Shotgun - Ace and Illinois has Shotgun - Split Slot. Both the Arkansas and Illinois playbooks the Pistol - Slot formation.

I wonder if we will be able to receive conference invites as well as being hired and fired in Online Dynasties? That's my question lol.
No. You cannot receive conference invites nor job offers or firings from online dynasty. The coaching contracts that were mentioned before are the same as they were in past versions.

Can you guys check something fairly quickly? Do TB teams still have gray undershirts or are they team colored now?

Another thing, can you say if the stats are numbered like in years past or do we still have to count downward to see what our stat ranking is?
Looks like it's the same as previous iterations... you'll have to count down. However, one nice little addition for player stats is that straight from the Dynasty menu, they show a run down of top performers at certain stats: passing yards, rushing yards, receiving yards, tackles, sacks, & interceptions. It shows the top 5 at the position plus your player's ranking.

How is crowd noise in the retail version? This is a problem that has always persisted in the next-gen games. Does it sound like a real stadium or does it sound like a high school game?

Any idea if Stadium Sounds have been added to TeamBuilder teams for more than just one condition?
My understanding is that Stadium Sounds were not touched this year so I would assume this is the same as last year.

Another question, is there any difference in the Pistol playbooks of Ohio and Indiana from Nevada? Thanks!
They are different. Here's a link to the NCAA Football 11 Playbooks Spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvtJqcTghgb0dDhzTjkxRzNMU3N6YXdCYkdrNnBST 1E&hl=en&authkey=CPy0lNYI) that I put together so that you can see which formations each includes.

#4 - is there any "penalty" for setting your hum DL to "aggressive". i haven't seen my d-line jump offsides yet in the demo and they always "jump the snap"

#5 - is is still nearly impossible to get a user "big hit" with the "hit stick"? - i'm actually hoping this is the case
Once you get used to the timing, the big hits are easier, however it's still easy to miss them.

#6 - for me there were far too many fumbles in the demo - have you seen allot of fumbles in the retail?
Fumbles seem to be heavily dependent on momentum. If you start having too many fumbles then the gameplan running setting can definitely help.

It was brought up in another thread, but is dynamic attendance better this year?
They're about the same this year as last. Adam Thompson had this to say previously on the subject:

The problem with emptying the stadiums too much is that the empty stands look really bad and will give you a headache.

I would like to know this as well. I would also like to know if EA fixed the promise "win verses rivals" for teambuilder teams this year. Last year you could make the promise, but it always failed.

Is the CPU's punting any different/better?

The CPU always punts horribly and gives away a ton of yardage because it has no "coffin corner" logic and it generally shanks too many punts.

Has this changed at all?
Unfortunately no. CPU punting seems to be about the same as last year. I've seen the similar shanked punts from previous years.

Here's a question

If you use a bowl stadium from a TB team, is it still split 50/50?

Another question I just thought of. Could you just recruit several seasons at all of the different difficulties with a Powerhouse; "Middle of the Road" and a "Cupcake" and see what difficulties you feel get the most realistic results?
That's going to take some time. Honestly we may not be able to get to that until after release simply because of the variables that you're requesting. I'll try to see if I can test it some but no promises. I will say though that using Arkansas State on the default (Varsity) recruiting level, I was able to sign some 3-star players that came in at 64OVR. I also signed a 1-star just to take a shot at a kid and he came in at 40OVR. I honestly didn't attempt any 4-star players but I noticed that the CPU competed more for the 3-stars than they seemed to in the past.

Dreads? :popcorn:
There's a $60 DLC that will be available in 365 days that is expected to have it but no promises. Honestly though, no, they're not in NCAA11. However, with the stink some of those guys are making, it might end up being next year's Formation Subs.

Is the game an INT fest? I'm playing the demo of FSU - Florida and the game has seen 9 INTs. What's amazing is I've thrown 6 and I almost never get picked off on Heisman.As I mentioned with fumbles, INTs seem to come a lot based on momentum. If you force a few passes, then yeah you'll get picked. If you force it some more, you'll continue to get picked. Related to this, there's no QB Quiz at all this year so in order to build your QBs confidence back up you'll either need to start completing a lot of safe passes or sub him out.

I definitely am curious on how the cpu will run the ball and the type of plays they call. Sick of sack fests because the cpu can't run a proper screen pass.In most of my games versus lower-level teams, the CPU definitely can run the ball on you. I haven't played a whole lot of high-level teams so I haven't formed a complete opinion on those.
As for the screens, I've still seen the QB hold onto the ball too long on screen plays but for the most part, they do seem to make a better effort to get rid of the ball.

Another question - did choice and/or read routes make it into the Run and Shoot playbook?
In the generic Run and Shoot playbook, I only see a handful of choice/read/option routes. They are there, but they're sparsely scattered.

Oh here's my question: Have they FINALLY fixed the pride stickers on Georgia's helmets? They touted this years ago as something cool but they haven't worked right on Georgia since the jump to next-gen basically, that or they broke it along the way... I forgot. Just curious if the dog bones show up on the helmets similar to the buckeye logo on Ohio State's helmets...

This just if any of you guys happen to play as or against Georgia before I get the game. Not a huge deal I'm just curious.
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab14/thegamingtailgate/NCAA%20Football%2011/GeorgiaPrideStickers.jpg

I'm curious what is done with Teambuilder teams in regards to Team Entrances. Namely, do they use the Team Entrance for the stadium? For their Playbook? Or just a generic entrance that happens to be in that stadium? Or is it altogether skipped?
JB was one step ahead of you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsctxMo9uDU

please tell me the usc bowl ban is in the game.
They didn't announce the bowl ban until after the game had already gone gold. Either way, I don't think it would have made it in though.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:12 AM
To start, I just want you guys to give your honest opinion about the game as a whole
As a whole, this game is very polished. All of the changes & additions to the game are game changers in my opinion with none of them drastically overdone. Of course there are some complaints here & there but on the whole, this game is a really big jump from NCAA 10.

How are the punt, KO, and FG lengths and hang-times for the CPU?
Kickoffs on the whole seem much better this year. I've seen kickoffs land around the 15 and others land at the goalline. Field goal lengths also seem better although might still be a bit long... I BARELY reached a 50 yarder with the Arkansas State kicker and no wind. I haven't paid a lot of attention to punt lengths but I'm bad to ask about that because I almost always go for the sideline kick and mine can go anywhere from 35 to 45 yards. Hang times I haven't paid a lot of attention to.

What do or are your impressions of the DL and OL intereactions?

Question for all
Very nice. You seem to really be able to tell the difference between poorly rated and greatly rated players. As well, with just a 4 man front, you can create pressure on the QB... a 3 man gives him a fair more amount of time but a blitz will pressure him quickly.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the answers to my questions! Definitely glad to see the Pistol made it in to the Arkansas playbook.

Also, kudos for the work you put in to the playbook spreadsheet. That is going to be very helpful. I can't even begin to imagine how long that took you.

Thelaw
07-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the answers to my questions i am bummed about the stadium thing really wish they would bring it back maybe next year.And wow that spreadsheet will help out a ton.

WingedHelmet
07-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Does the shotgun read option work any better than the demo?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Does the shotgun read option work any better than the demo?
I don't remember having too difficult time in the demo but it definitely works well in the retail version. You definitely have to make the right read and the run assignment blocking diagram helps you determine that. If you make the right read, you can get big yardage with either the QB keeper or the hand off.

texacotea
07-09-2010, 11:54 AM
In a user game are the squib kicks fixed? When kicked it doesnt go far enough back so you can see the returner pick the ball up

also comment on the demo to retail fixes.

WingedHelmet
07-09-2010, 11:54 AM
The problem I always had was any time the "right" read was the keep, the QB would stutter step for a split second, and that would allow the DE who was crashing on the RB to make the play on the QB instead.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 11:59 AM
As a whole, this game is very polished. All of the changes & additions to the game are game changers in my opinion with none of them drastically overdone. Of course there are some complaints here & there but on the whole, this game is a really big jump from NCAA 10.

G did you happen to play Madden in 09 and 10?

The reason I ask is because if you played 09, then 10 you could notice a HUGE step in the right direction.

I was wondering if this could be likened to that. From your words even if you didn't play Madden, it seems that NCAA has taken a similar step.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:59 AM
In a user game are the squib kicks fixed? When kicked it doesnt go far enough back so you can see the returner pick the ball up
Well, they're fixed but not sure it's in the way that everyone expected. The fix was to keep the camera the same as it was, but to instead have the ball bounce off of a FB or TE (the line of blockers in front of the returners). I assume this is how they intended for it to work from the beginning based on the camera. So far I haven't seen any get past that row of blockers though.

The problem I always had was any time the "right" read was the keep, the QB would stutter step for a split second, and that would allow the DE who was crashing on the RB to make the play on the QB instead.
I don't think there's too much of a stutter step problem in the retail version but I will definitely say that a quick and smart DE can still make a play but for the most part, the DE isn't usually the one making the play when you make the right read.

I captured video footage of running the triple option from the Flexbone, Wishbone, I-Form, Shotgun Split, and Pistol but it will take a while to edit it. I probably won't have it up until sometime later this weekend. But it should help give a better indication of what you're wanting to see.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 12:01 PM
G did you happen to play Madden in 09 and 10?

The reason I ask is because if you played 09, then 10 you could notice a HUGE step in the right direction.

I was wondering if this could be likened to that. From your words even if you didn't play Madden, it seems that NCAA has taken a similar step.
I didn't play 09 at all but I played 10 for a month or so. I would probably liken it to the steps that Madden 10 took if not even further. IMO this game is the first in a long time to really give you the college feel all the way around... not just Madden with different teams.

Kwizzy
07-09-2010, 12:03 PM
How's the coverage, both underneath & deep compared to the demo?

EDIT- Also, that Playbook spreadsheet is really NICE! Good work!

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
How's the coverage, both underneath & deep compared to the demo?
Realize that we haven't really played the demo in nearly two weeks. Really easy to confuse ourselves when it comes to comparing the two. However, coverage underneath is still not quite what I want it to be. I think it's mostly that the defense's hook zones are a yard or two too deep. The deep coverage definitely seem to be better than years past, however players can make mistakes. What appears to be happening in my opinion is that players often commit to a guy that's either in their zone or coming into their zone... especially if the guy is one of their better receivers. That sometimes leaves holes in the coverage because he's shading too much to a particular receiver. I don't think it's overblown the way it works but you definitely have to watch your player ratings for your defenders and put the best zone coverage guys in the right spot.

Something I've just recently been experimenting with is using Dime & Dime 326 with one as zone and one as man coverage personnel (using formation subs). Then, if I want to go with zone coverage, I can call Dime 326 or if I want to go with man coverage, I call the Dime formation.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I didn't play 09 at all but I played 10 for a month or so. I would probably liken it to the steps that Madden 10 took if not even further. IMO this game is the first in a long time to really give you the college feel all the way around... not just Madden with different teams.

Thanks man, all I needed to know

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 12:13 PM

Overall it is very good. When I was referencing the demo, then going to retail, then going back to the demo. A LOT of things were tightened up. Especially interceptions and fumbles. In the demo, I'd throw a pick almost everytime.

Additionally recruiting is just plain fun. The "Coach's Choice" only came up once every other call for me, so don't expect to get overdone with that option. Recruited on Varsity difficulty, and so far it hasn't been too easy. Granted with the online being flushed a couple of times, we didn't get to go very far on our OD's.

As you see in my Nebraska vs. Nebraska Tech video, a lesser team on All-Amercian will have some trouble. I lost 24-3, so I didn't get blown out of the water, but I had a very hard time getting momentum on offense.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I've also noticed that slant routes aren't 100% money this year. There are many times the defender will get in front and ahead of the WR.

Iron Dragon
07-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Don't know if this has been asked yet, any new bowl games in this year? International Bowl gone?

Aglemar
07-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks for your answers to my questions! The lack of read and choice options are a bit disappointing, but not suprising. Thanks again!

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 12:48 PM
How many Reese's Peanut Butter cups have you guys eaten since you got the game?

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 12:48 PM
How many Reese's Peanut Butter cups have you guys eaten since you got the game?

Many NOM NOM NOM

rhombic21
07-09-2010, 12:53 PM
To those of you who have experience playing online, in either dynasties or in ranked games, what is the probability that user v. user games are going to have a non-trivial amount of defense? Particularly with the issues regarding zone coverage that G already hit on, I'm just wondering how realistic it's going to be to slow down another user's passing game (especially if they are balanced enough to run it if you completely over commit to the pass).

Also, what do you perceive to be the likely effectiveness of scramble oriented cheese this year?

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Also, are there entrances for high school games in RTG?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 01:10 PM
To those of you who have experience playing online, in either dynasties or in ranked games, what is the probability that user v. user games are going to have a non-trivial amount of defense? Particularly with the issues regarding zone coverage that G already hit on, I'm just wondering how realistic it's going to be to slow down another user's passing game (especially if they are balanced enough to run it if you completely over commit to the pass).
I think you will have a decent amount of success at stopping someone who is pass heavy in both man and zone coverages. They'll still be able to make plenty of completions but you're not completely helpless on pass defense either. The tricky part though will be what you touched on, if they're balanced enough, they'll be able to catch you off guard. It's not the same chess match that we see on Saturdays but it's similar to that in that you'll have to do a good job of playcalling. Probably the biggest issue I saw though is while playing against the CPU, they could call a play with 4 go-routes and if I didn't get pressure on the QB in time, the receivers could cut off their routes and run back to the QB and there would be a pretty big opening between the hook zones and the deep zones. This mostly was when I was using the Dime 326 Cover 3. Since I was only rushing 3, the QB often had plenty of time but not to say always.

Also, what do you perceive to be the likely effectiveness of scramble oriented cheese this year?
I haven't played randoms online in quite some time so I honestly don't know how it's been the past few years (most of my user games have scrambling ruled out). As well, I haven't played anyone online yet other than JB and neither of us used the scrambling tactic. I want to say that it will be better and worse. For one, the gameplanning tactic of telling your defenders to break zone coverage in order to attack a scrambling QB could be helpful, but it could also kill you if they act like they're scrambling and then just dump it to the guy that was just left open.

I'll try to play some randoms online this weekend (assuming others have the game and are on) and see what I can determine in both of these areas.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Also, are there entrances for high school games in RTG?

Nope.

rhombic21
07-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I think you will have a decent amount of success at stopping someone who is pass heavy in both man and zone coverages. They'll still be able to make plenty of completions but you're not completely helpless on pass defense either. The tricky part though will be what you touched on, if they're balanced enough, they'll be able to catch you off guard. It's not the same chess match that we see on Saturdays but it's similar to that in that you'll have to do a good job of playcalling. Probably the biggest issue I saw though is while playing against the CPU, they could call a play with 4 go-routes and if I didn't get pressure on the QB in time, the receivers could cut off their routes and run back to the QB and there would be a pretty big opening between the hook zones and the deep zones. This mostly was when I was using the Dime 326 Cover 3. Since I was only rushing 3, the QB often had plenty of time but not to say always.

I haven't played randoms online in quite some time so I honestly don't know how it's been the past few years (most of my user games have scrambling ruled out). As well, I haven't played anyone online yet other than JB and neither of us used the scrambling tactic. I want to say that it will be better and worse. For one, the gameplanning tactic of telling your defenders to break zone coverage in order to attack a scrambling QB could be helpful, but it could also kill you if they act like they're scrambling and then just dump it to the guy that was just left open.

I guess what I'm concerned about is that as people start to get more comfortable with the game and with the new playbooks, that it will basically be impossible to get stops against a competent playcaller, similar to the way that '09 was. Are online games 5 minute quarters with accelerated playclock?

UGA14
07-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Wow so not only did they get them but they got black dog bones in too.

That's awesome. Thanks for the answers. Game looks awesome.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Are online games 5 minute quarters with accelerated playclock?
Yes... although the accelerated playclock is a different version than what Madden has. It's similar to NCAA years in the past that when you go to a huddle, it drops from 40 seconds to 30 seconds (or whatever it is). The difference is that it also drops the game clock this year which it didn't do in the past. You'll notice in the full game videos that I captured, those were on 5 minutes with the same accelerated clock. They all took right at 40 minutes total to play.

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Any idea when you guys may know if the 50/50 split is still present in bowl game stadiums used by Teambuilder teams?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Any idea when you guys may know if the 50/50 split is still present in bowl game stadiums used by Teambuilder teams?
If JB or someone else doesn't, I'll try to test it this weekend. Do you have a team already created that uses one of those stadiums?

Rudy
07-09-2010, 01:49 PM
I was curious to read that the default game speed has been slowed a bit in the retail version. I think I may like this. I also like the fact the online dynasties can set the speed. Any comments on the speed differential setting? ie. do you think it can be left alone or will it need adjusting?

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
If JB or someone else doesn't, I'll try to test it this weekend. Do you have a team already created that uses one of those stadiums?

I just edited one for the purpose of testing.

Author: souljahbill
Team: Alaska Tech Polar Bears

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Overall it is very good. When I was referencing the demo, then going to retail, then going back to the demo. A LOT of things were tightened up. Especially interceptions and fumbles. In the demo, I'd throw a pick almost everytime.

Additionally recruiting is just plain fun. The "Coach's Choice" only came up once every other call for me, so don't expect to get overdone with that option. Recruited on Varsity difficulty, and so far it hasn't been too easy. Granted with the online being flushed a couple of times, we didn't get to go very far on our OD's.

As you see in my Nebraska vs. Nebraska Tech video, a lesser team on All-Amercian will have some trouble. I lost 24-3, so I didn't get blown out of the water, but I had a very hard time getting momentum on offense.

I think that last paragraph is gonna make doing dynasties with lesser teams a lot harder, but a lot more fun too.

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Also, does the clock stop when you go out of bounds? I don't think it was a big problem in NCAA, but in Madden it was game crippling.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Gscwendt, I am watching your ASU-Troy game and noticed something odd. Why does it keep switching between the players being named and then just showing something like MLB #50?

Did you edit only a couple of guys on your roster or is that a glitch? I'm guessing the editing thing but I just wanted to make sure.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 02:02 PM
I was curious to read that the default game speed has been slowed a bit in the retail version. I think I may like this. I also like the fact the online dynasties can set the speed. Any comments on the speed differential setting? ie. do you think it can be left alone or will it need adjusting?I think cdj is going to try to put together either some videos or just some impressions on the different game speeds this coming weekend.

I just edited one for the purpose of testing.

Author: souljahbill
Team: Alaska Tech Polar Bears
Cool... I'll try to test it sometime this evening and let you know.

Also, does the clock stop when you go out of bounds? I don't think it was a big problem in NCAA, but in Madden it was game crippling.
It stops appropriately. That is, if you go out of bounds with less than 2 minutes remaining in the half, the game clock will continue.

Gscwendt, I am watching your ASU-Troy game and noticed something odd. Why does it keep switching between the players being named and then just showing something like MLB #50?

Did you edit only a couple of guys on your roster or is that a glitch? I'm guessing the editing thing but I just wanted to make sure.
Yeah... I had only edited some of the players up to that point. I don't think I had edited any of the defense.

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Are you guys gonna do a podcast this weekend?

razorback44
07-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah... I had only edited some of the players up to that point. I don't think I had edited any of the defense.

That's what I figured but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

That dropped ball by Muse right before half must have made you want to throw your controller!

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 02:09 PM
That's what I figured but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

That dropped ball by Muse right before half must have made you want to throw your controller!
Yeah... definitely. For whatever reason, despite his ratings, Muse seems to drop more than other receivers.

Related to that, this year I've definitely seen more drops happen because I try to run before the receiver catches the ball, which is a good thing IMO.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Are you guys gonna do a podcast this weekend?

"Possibly" recording one tonight.

Coachdenz
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
IN practice mode can you select random all or just by formation still?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 02:32 PM
IN practice mode can you select random all or just by formation still?
Just by formation this year.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
"Possibly" recording one tonight.

Change that to probably now :D

Rudy
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Can you comment on both the offensive AND defensive fatigue this year. How about injuries - there were times that I felt in NCAA 10 (limited time mind you) that injuries seemed to hit the skill players too much compared to other players.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Can you comment on both the offensive AND defensive fatigue this year.
It seems as though depth will finally be a requirement this year, especially when facing a no-huddle team. Your guys will certainly fatigue at a faster rate than in the past. I don't think it's overdone but it will certainly take some getting used to.

How about injuries - there were times that I felt in NCAA 10 (limited time mind you) that injuries seemed to hit the skill players too much compared to other players.
I'm undecided on injuries so far. Sometimes there will be a lot and others there will be few or none. They do seem a bit more spread out in terms of what players they hit but I've certainly had my fair share of running QBs go down to injury.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Can you comment on both the offensive AND defensive fatigue this year. How about injuries - there were times that I felt in NCAA 10 (limited time mind you) that injuries seemed to hit the skill players too much compared to other players.

In the handful of games I've played so far, it seems like the QB isn't getting injured as much, the RB does from time to time, but I need to play a lot more to gauge it against 10. The thing I hate about injuries this year is the lack of knowing that the guy is injured. It doesn't have a pop-up that he is injured this year. There will be an injury cutscene with trainers out there, which is cool, but a lot of times I get X and A happy to get to the playbook, so I have no idea that he's injured. There will be a time or two when Nessler says he's hurt, but most of the time you don't realize it until they post the update of how long he's out.

Now I can't remember from NCAA 10, but is orange a color in fatigue last year?

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 02:40 PM
It seems as though depth will finally be a requirement this year, especially when facing a no-huddle team. Your guys will certainly fatigue at a faster rate than in the past. I don't think it's overdone but it will certainly take some getting used to.

I'm undecided on injuries so far. Sometimes there will be a lot and others there will be few or none. They do seem a bit more spread out in terms of what players they hit but I've certainly had my fair share of running QBs go down to injury.

Hah mine's been the opposite.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 02:41 PM
The thing I hate about injuries this year is the lack of knowing that the guy is injured. It doesn't have a pop-up that he is injured this year. There will be an injury cutscene with trainers out there, which is cool, but a lot of times I get X and A happy to get to the playbook, so I have no idea that he's injured. There will be a time or two when Nessler says he's hurt, but most of the time you don't realize it until they post the update of how long he's out.
There usually is a pop-up just above the score bar to tell you who is injured but it's very easy to miss.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 02:50 PM
There usually is a pop-up just above the score bar to tell you who is injured but it's very easy to miss.

But does that happen right when the injury occurs too? I've only noticed it once it's decided how long they're out. Maybe I'm just not looking for it at that time.

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 03:01 PM
How many total plays are you guys getting for 5min quarters?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 03:03 PM
How many total plays are you guys getting for 5min quarters?
I haven't checked specifically but the next one I play I'll keep track of it. I don't think it's anywhere near true-to-life but I would venture a guesstimate of around 35-40 plays per side.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 03:07 PM

This is great news in my opinion. My biggest complaint probably in the past is that there has been no need to play your backups in the past. You can play an entire 6 min quarter game and the only time a sub would come in was if you ran the ball with your HB about 8 straight times. This makes the game way more realistic and enjoyable I think.

Coachdenz
07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm happey for #1, even though I liked the idea of downloading the Dynasty, but I felt that feature was getting abused in a Dynasty that I played in with NCAA 10....

How have the online games played so far? About like last years version, Better or worse?

Thanks

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 03:54 PM
How have the online games played so far? About like last years version, Better or worse?
We've only played a few games so far online. A couple of them had disconnects but I strongly believe that it was due to EA server maintenance at the time... a pre-release related only. There seemed to be zero lag whatsoever... not just very little lag for an online game, but rather it seemed as though I had pretty much the same responsiveness as I did in an offline game. Not sure if that's related to us being the only ones on at the time or what but it definitely felt very smooth.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 03:59 PM
We've only played a few games so far online. A couple of them had disconnects but I strongly believe that it was due to EA server maintenance at the time... a pre-release related only. There seemed to be zero lag whatsoever... not just very little lag for an online game, but rather it seemed as though I had pretty much the same responsiveness as I did in an offline game. Not sure if that's related to us being the only ones on at the time or what but it definitely felt very smooth.

Yep.

Aglemar
07-09-2010, 04:14 PM
While playing a game, are you still awarded skill points for "sportsmanship"? I liked the idea of it in NCAA 10...

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
While playing a game, are you still awarded skill points for "sportsmanship"? I liked the idea of it in NCAA 10...
Yes. You still get a tally for Season Showdown points similar to last year, however they aren't doing the full seasonal tracking that they covered last year. Instead it's just a leaderboard similar to how they covered it after the season was over.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Yep. The points have changed though from last year, but sportsmanship is still 10 points.

Aglemar
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Great! Thanks, again.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
I know you guys mentioned you were going to keep putting out videos over the weekend. Anything in particular that you are going to be doing?

cdj
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I know you guys mentioned you were going to keep putting out videos over the weekend. Anything in particular that you are going to be doing?

Showcasing Game Speeds and a brief look at the Dual Stick Controls are on my agenda.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
The two that I have captured but need to edit and upload are the Triple Option out of Flexbone, Wishbone, I-Form, Shotgun-Split, & Pistol and also a look at the run blocking assignments matching up various formations. I probably won't have them until Sunday morning most likely.

After that, what do you want to see?

razorback44
07-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Personally I would like to see a game with a Flexbone or Pistol playbook used since we didn't see either one of those in the demo. A whole game might be to much to ask for but maybe just a quarter? :)

Edit: I guess you could cover that with the option but I didn't know how long your footage would be of that and if it would be of any downhill running.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Personally I would like to see a game with a Flexbone or Pistol playbook used since we didn't see either one of those in the demo. A whole game might be to much to ask for but maybe just a quarter? :)
Can do. As for how long, yeah, for my videos, a whole game takes roughly 8 hours to upload. Obviously I can do that overnight but then it limits what else I can upload. I can definitely do a whole quarter, probably even more just by super-simming the defense.

Solidice
07-09-2010, 05:04 PM
The two that I have captured but need to edit and upload are the Triple Option out of Flexbone, Wishbone, I-Form, Shotgun-Split, & Pistol and also a look at the run blocking assignments matching up various formations. I probably won't have them until Sunday morning most likely.

After that, what do you want to see?

Texas Tech vs. SMU :cool:

Air Raid versus Run & Shoot and it's a real life matchup.

razorback44
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Can do. As for how long, yeah, for my videos, a whole game takes roughly 8 hours to upload. Obviously I can do that overnight but then it limits what else I can upload. I can definitely do a whole quarter, probably even more just by super-simming the defense.

Thanks man!

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I was just skimming over things and might have missed this but what about half sacks and tackles?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I was just skimming over things and might have missed this but what about half sacks and tackles?
Not sure what you're asking but yeah, they're both in.

Aglemar
07-09-2010, 05:46 PM

I'll second this one

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Not sure what you're asking but yeah, they're both in.

LOL, exacly that.

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Showcasing Game Speeds and a brief look at the Dual Stick Controls are on my agenda.

Awesome, was going to ask for the latter.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't suppose I could get one of you guys to grab me a few screenshots of the online interface, could I? :)

Nothingface
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Is Progressive lighting by qtr? Does a qb still have a perfect pitch while being hit in an option play?

cdj
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't suppose I could get one of you guys to grab me a few screenshots of the online interface, could I? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lekorqe-9vI

This work?

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 06:01 PM

I can handle this one. I'll take the smaller team here and see if I can compete on AA.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Is Progressive lighting by qtr? Does a qb still have a perfect pitch while being hit in an option play?
I'll double check on the progressive lighting but I believe it's by quarter. Although as I've mentioned in the past, since there isn't a huge jump time-wise between the start of the first quarter and the start of the second, you won't see it as big as you would when starting the second half.

As for the option pitch, there are still times when the QB can pitch the ball when you wouldn't expect him to be able to. It does seem better but not completely corrected. Most times when it happens though it seems like I queue up the pitch just before getting hit and it goes ahead and pitches it. But if I were to say be wrapped up and try to pitch it, it usually won't be able to pitch or will throw an errant pitch away from the HB.

lsutig187
07-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Question about slider: Based on your playing experiences, what needs to be tweaked with sliders?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Question about slider: Based on your playing experiences, what needs to be tweaked with sliders?
Honestly, not much. The only thing I know needs to be touched is probably CPU FG accuracy. They've missed quite a few against me and given that the HUM rarely misses any, the CPU needs to be on an even level.

beartide06
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I have about 3 questions. In the demo, it seemed like WR screens were not blocked well. The CB seemed like he would run right by the blocking WR at times and be waiting for the ball. Does that seem to be blocked more properly? Also, Is the shovel pass in? Finally, Do any of you guys know if medical redshirts have made it in this year? Thanks for the feedback and responses guys.

lsutig187
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Another question: How does the accelerated clock work? Is there a setting or is it linked to gameplanning?

beartide06
07-09-2010, 06:45 PM
I was also going to say that it seems maybe catching needs to be bumped up a bit in the sliders because even when it's on conservative it seems the WRs drop way too many passes and easy tipped passes. This of course is coming from my demo experience lol.

psusnoop
07-09-2010, 06:49 PM
From the Demo the drops weren't to bad for me. To be honest I always thought there weren't enough drops in the 2010. So for me this was a good thing.

rhombic21
07-09-2010, 06:52 PM
If any of you get a chance to play online and could post videos of it, I would definitely be interested in watching videos of that.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I have about 3 questions. In the demo, it seemed like WR screens were not blocked well. The CB seemed like he would run right by the blocking WR at times and be waiting for the ball. Does that seem to be blocked more properly? Also, Is the shovel pass in? Finally, Do any of you guys know if medical redshirts have made it in this year? Thanks for the feedback and responses guys.They seem to be blocked well at times but others not. Not sure if that's a result of ratings or just simply variables. No Shovel pass. No medical redshirts.

Another question: How does the accelerated clock work? Is there a setting or is it linked to gameplanning?
The accelerated clock is always on. That is it's always on in the sense that it runs down the clock from 40 down to 30 seconds and takes that time off the gameclock as well. If you run a no-huddle however, it does not run down that additional time.

As far as the gameplanning goes, you can set tempo to conservative which will essentially give you what Chew Clock gave you last year. However, not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but this year, it also runs it down even when the game clock is stopped. I've sent feedback to them regarding this but since this is more about tempo and less about sportsmanship, I imagine it's intentional in order to let your guys get more rest (ala slow tempo).

I was also going to say that it seems maybe catching needs to be bumped up a bit in the sliders because even when it's on conservative it seems the WRs drop way too many passes and easy tipped passes. This of course is coming from my demo experience lol.
I think WR catching might need to bumped up one or two notches but like snoop, I agree that in the past, drops didn't happen often enough at times.

If any of you get a chance to play online and could post videos of it, I would definitely be interested in watching videos of that.
cdj & I are going to try to play each other tonight. If it happens tonight then I'll try to upload the entire game of it tonight to have it available tomorrow morning. As well, I'll try to find some random games this weekend but can't make any guarantees.

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Is there an option to default to the bluff playcalling? Or if offline multiplayer defaults to bluff playcalling?

beartide06
07-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think shovel pass or medical redshirts were in, but just to be 100% sure i though I'd ask. Hopefully the screens blocking is based off ratings and not just easy missed assignments.

Aglemar
07-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I can handle this one. I'll take the smaller team here and see if I can compete on AA.

Much appreciated, JB - thanks!

cdj
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Is there an option to default to the bluff playcalling? Or if offline multiplayer defaults to bluff playcalling?

I can double check, but I believe the only way to bluff playcall is by holding LT/L2 at the Playcall Screen each time.

Kingpin32
07-09-2010, 07:41 PM
I can double check, but I believe the only way to bluff playcall is by holding LT/L2 at the Playcall Screen each time.

Oh ok thanks cdj. I play a lot of offline multiplayer with my roommate, so I was just wondering if with 2 people it switches or something.

cdj
07-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh ok thanks cdj. I play a lot of offline multiplayer with my roommate, so I was just wondering if with 2 people it switches or something.

Nope. Either look away ;) or get use to holding L2.

For those looking for more game info, here's a brief look at the Dual Stick Controls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkinbQJ7LJ4

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I believe the reason for this is that #1 playing on the same console is much rarer these days I believe but #2, in order to have the shortcuts for Special Teams & Goalline as well as Gameplanning & Super-Sim, they used the square & triangle respectively. They probably could have re-arranged some other things in order to include the bluff playcalling but I imagine it was lower on their priority due to my first point.

beartide06
07-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Great job on the video CDJ. Have you found any kind of success/failure to properly/improperly using the shield right and left from defenders on the controls?

irishfbfan1
07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Guys I can't tell you and I know I am speaking for the whole crew of members on this site how thankful we are for what you have done concerning all the aspects of this game. Unbelievable what all you have done and do not think for one minute that we don't appreciate it, WE DO!

I am looking forward to the videos on game speed. I am hearing of a game slider where you can slow the game down as a whole. I am going to love this feature because I felt that NCAA 10 was way to fast.

Also, I know I could probably wait...OK I CAN'T WAIT LOL, any possibility of seeing the IRISH pre-game entrance? I know you have so much thats being asked but nothing to pump some of us more than watching the IRISH TAP that sign and running out on the field of sold out Notre Dame Stadium! If you het a chance.

Once again, great job! you guys have worked your ass off! AND... anything on the 3-4 as far as playbooks, just anything on defense.

irishfbfan1

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I am looking forward to the videos on game speed. I am hearing of a game slider where you can slow the game down as a whole. I am going to love this feature because I felt that NCAA 10 was way to fast.You have two settings that effect speed, gameplay speed and speed differential. Gameplay speed is the Very Slow to Very Fast setting that dictates the speed of everything overall, particularly animations. Speed differential is a 1-100 slider that allows you to increase or decrease how much of a difference there is between one players speed and another. It's basically a slider for someone that might want to get similar gameplay to NCAA09 where a 99 SPD guy was noticeably faster than a 95 SPD guy.

IAlso, I know I could probably wait...OK I CAN'T WAIT LOL, any possibility of seeing the IRISH pre-game entrance? I know you have so much thats being asked but nothing to pump some of us more than watching the IRISH TAP that sign and running out on the field of sold out Notre Dame Stadium! If you het a chance.
Will do. I don't want to get into the business of capturing every team's entrance but definitely since Notre Dame's is such an iconic entrance, I'll happily do so. Expect to see it tomorrow morning, possibly tonight.

IOnce again, great job! you guys have worked your ass off! AND... anything on the 3-4 as far as playbooks, just anything on defense.Anything particular you're looking for on the 3-4?

cdj
07-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Great job on the video CDJ. Have you found any kind of success/failure to properly/improperly using the shield right and left from defenders on the controls?

I think so....I rarely fumble on the game, demo or retail. It's become habit to either hit R1RB to cover ball and/or shield from contact every play. If you shield the wrong way, say good bye to the football! It seems like that bumps up the chances of a fumble.

Guys I can't tell you and I know I am speaking for the whole crew of members on this site how thankful we are for what you have done concerning all the aspects of this game. Unbelievable what all you have done and do not think for one minute that we don't appreciate it, WE DO!

I am looking forward to the videos on game speed. I am hearing of a game slider where you can slow the game down as a whole. I am going to love this feature because I felt that NCAA 10 was way to fast.

Also, I know I could probably wait...OK I CAN'T WAIT LOL, any possibility of seeing the IRISH pre-game entrance? I know you have so much thats being asked but nothing to pump some of us more than watching the IRISH TAP that sign and running out on the field of sold out Notre Dame Stadium! If you het a chance.

Once again, great job! you guys have worked your ass off! AND... anything on the 3-4 as far as playbooks, just anything on defense.

irishfbfan1

Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate it.

I plan on definitely getting Nebraska and Notre Dame entrance videos up tonight, getting a podcast up later tonight, and playing gschwendt. The game speed vid will be likely a vid I get up tomorrow - maybe I can squeeze it in later tonight, but no promises.

EDIT - I'll let G get the ND entrance since he can get it in HD.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2010, 08:04 PM
This work?

Oh yes, that's perfect. Thanks! I definitely like that interface as opposed to anything else they've had in most recent years. Kind of disappointing you can't pull up detailed stats on a player, maybe next year.

AustinWolv
07-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Good vid on the dual stick, thanks guys!

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2010, 08:09 PM

Here's (http://www.thesportsgameguy.com/1-football/ncaa-football/ncaa-football-11-full-online-game-in-hd/) a full online game if you haven't seen it already. Yes, I can see that there's still going to be some major issues defensively.

beartide06
07-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks CDJ. Ok so I know I was told their was no hiring or firing of coaches, but I just read on operationsports.com where a guy said that coaching contracts were in online dynasty this year just not conference invites. It was in the "A Whole New Online Experience section of this link: http://www.operationsports.com/review.php?id=552

Is he maybe referring to just changing teams at any time during the OD?

irishfbfan1
07-09-2010, 08:36 PM
You have two settings that effect speed, gameplay speed and speed differential. Gameplay speed is the Very Slow to Very Fast setting that dictates the speed of everything overall, particularly animations. Speed differential is a 1-100 slider that allows you to increase or decrease how much of a difference there is between one players speed and another. It's basically a slider for someone that might want to get similar gameplay to NCAA09 where a 99 SPD guy was noticeably faster than a 95 SPD guy.

Will do. I don't want to get into the business of capturing every team's entrance but definitely since Notre Dame's is such an iconic entrance, I'll happily do so. Expect to see it tomorrow morning, possibly tonight.
Anything particular you're looking for on the 3-4?

Thank you so much for your quick response, damn you guys are on top of everything. Thanks also fpr the ND thing!

As far as the 3-4, what sets do we have to chose from, I am loving 3-4 under more and more. Maybe a quick analysis of the 3-4, and the 3-3-5 stack. I think this was asked, not sure if it was or not but any new sets on defense, like maybe 3-4 stack, I know, wishful thinking lol!

thanks again

Solidice
07-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks CDJ. Ok so I know I was told their was no hiring or firing of coaches, but I just read on operationsports.com where a guy said that coaching contracts were in online dynasty this year just not conference invites. It was in the "A Whole New Online Experience section of this link: http://www.operationsports.com/review.php?id=552

Is he maybe referring to just changing teams at any time during the OD?

I think he(the OS reviewer) was referring to the coaching contracts/goals, which has been in OD before(at least in it was in NCAA 10), and I guess he assumed that it meant that you could be hired/fired.

beartide06
07-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I think he(the OS reviewer) was referring to the coaching contracts/goals, which has been in OD before(at least in it was in NCAA 10), and I guess he assumed that it meant that you could be hired/fired.

See this was what I was also thinking. This guy shouldn't get my hopes up like that lol :D

cdj
07-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Just finished an online game vs gschwendt and lost 17-14 on a last second field goal. Had slight lag, just enough to be annoying.

JeffHCross
07-09-2010, 09:03 PM
JB was one step ahead of youUnfortunately, that doesn't tell me much, G. I watched that video, but I don't have anything to compare it to. It looks generic, but I don't know whether that's just because it's Teambuilder or what is causing it.

I assume they'll be generics.

EDIT: Saw your earlier post asking about Teambuilder teams to test the Bowl Stadium question. If you want to use a Teambuilder team to test entrances, my 1995 Buckeyes are In-Progress on TB right now.

JeffHCross
07-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm happey for #1, even though I liked the idea of downloading the Dynasty, but I felt that feature was getting abused in a Dynasty that I played in with NCAA 10....I missed something. What's Coach D talking about here?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I missed something. What's Coach D talking about here?
This post (I copied the hist post from that thread so I could answer his question here):
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?466-NCAA-Football-11-Impressions&p=9743&viewfull=1#post9743

JeffHCross
07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Got it. I completely missed the Impressions thread.

Thanks G.

EDIT: Downside ... I really got in the habit of saving offline copies. Upside ... I just deleted 55 NCAA 10 files off my hard drive. Most of them were dynasties. Won't have that problem on 11.

Rudy
07-09-2010, 09:25 PM
In terms of the 3-4, do they have defensive formations like Madden had (predator was one I think) where one of the OLBs lines up as a DE?

As for catching the ball, I think most people don't want to see drops but I like to see more than the average guy. I also like to see more broken tackles. As for special teams, I don't mind seeing the cpu miss FGs. I usually have to drop human FG accuracy a lot to make that part more interesting. It does sound like they toned down the super legs of kickers. Most kickers suck badly in college.

The new trucking system will take some getting used to. I used to aim at defenders to truck them but that's more likely to cause fumbles as I need to shield the ball away from them.

Solidice
07-09-2010, 09:28 PM
In terms of the 3-4, do they have defensive formations like Madden had (predator was one I think) where one of the OLBs lines up as a DE?

while it wont be exactly the same, you could used the multiple D playbook and use formation subs on the 4-3 formations to make it a 3-4 with the an OLB as one of the DE.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 09:31 PM
For questions about the 3-4, the playbook looks largely untouched this year. I didn't play with it a lot on NCAA10 but from what I remember, there may be only a couple of new plays but no new formations. I think I mentioned earlier that the defensive playbooks didn't receive very much attention this year. It looks like the Nickels and Dimes received SOME attention but those just look like additions to zone blitzes.

Kickers definitely have a weaker leg this year whether it be to adjustments to the kicking game or due to the ratings spread or both.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2010, 10:06 PM

Boooooo.

- Signed you local Navy fan

:P

SHO
07-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Has the Run and Shoot PB been revamped, or did they simply just add those two Choice and Go plays?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
It looks like the crowd is about 50/50, however it's not split dead down the center. The fans are sparsely scattered around. Not sure if that's how it did it last year but that's how it does it this year.

irishfbfan1
07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Boooooo.

- Signed you local Navy fan

I hear you smooth, I hear you lol! cmon man, you know I respect OUR midshipman too!

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I hear you smooth, I hear you lol! cmon man, you know I respect OUR midshipman too!

Well, that's good to hear. :) I think we should be able to get along better than me and the Irish fans that call themselves my bosses at work. :D

Already looking forward to October 23rd. Time for Navy to start a win streak of their own in the ND-Navy series. ;)

HuskerBlitz
07-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but I never seen a response to my question as to why all of a sudden TeamBuilder has placed a character limit on the end zones. Even a week to 10 days ago I could fit "Nebraska State" into the end zone, but now it only fits "Nebraska Sta".

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but I never seen a response to my question as to why all of a sudden TeamBuilder has placed a character limit on the end zones. Even a week to 10 days ago I could fit "Nebraska State" into the end zone, but now it only fits "Nebraska Sta".Sorry, never saw that question. I noticed that THEGAMINGTAILGATE fits into an end zone, however that's because it's defaulting to the team's text. I'm assuming that is what is happening in your case as well that you could fit Nebraska State in the end zone because that was the defaulted text. But like you, after I edited mine, I can no longer do so. And from what I can tell, there's no way to get it back without recreating the entire team. I'm going to fire off an email to Adam and see if he has any suggestions.

As well, it might be that it fits on the web preview, but in-game it won't display all of the text. I'll test that out.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Alright, the web preview with the defaulted text shows THEGAMINGTAILGATE, however in the game, it only shows THEGAMINGTAILGAT. If I edit the text on the web, it will only let me type in THEGAMINGTAI. So... it will display more in the game than it will let you type. Like I said, I'll shoot Adam an email and see if he can shed some light on it.

HuskerBlitz
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Sorry, never saw that question. I noticed that THEGAMINGTAILGATE fits into an end zone, however that's because it's defaulting to the team's text. I'm assuming that is what is happening in your case as well that you could fit Nebraska State in the end zone because that was the defaulted text. But like you, after I edited mine, I can no longer do so. And from what I can tell, there's no way to get it back without recreating the entire team. I'm going to fire off an email to Adam and see if he has any suggestions.

As well, it might be that it fits on the web preview, but in-game it won't display all of the text. I'll test that out.

What I have done is transferred one of my '10 teams and left everything the same except for the roster. It shows the full text and I'm hopping that if I don't mess with it, it will still show in-game. If not, I'm going to be very disappointed.

HuskerBlitz
07-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Alright, the web preview with the defaulted text shows THEGAMINGTAILGATE, however in the game, it only shows THEGAMINGTAILGAT. If I edit the text on the web, it will only let me type in THEGAMINGTAI. So... it will display more in the game than it will let you type. Like I said, I'll shoot Adam an email and see if he can shed some light on it.

That's good, because then it's showing more characters than I need for mine. Let me know what Adam says on the issue. I'll be interested in hearing what's up.

I OU a Beatn
07-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Sucks to hear that there's some lag in online games. It does get REALLY annoying. Hopefully it's fixed before launch, but with them using P2P servers, a lot of it comes down to the connection quality of the two people playing, which is unfortunate.

irishfbfan1
07-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Well, that's good to hear. :) I think we should be able to get along better than me and the Irish fans that call themselves my bosses at work. :D

Already looking forward to October 23rd. Time for Navy to start a win streak of their own in the ND-Navy series. ;)

Nah man, I am not like that at all. I love Notre Dame like you loving Navy, no biggy, we all love our squads, supposed to I thought. Supposed to be proud and show support, but no, I respect NAVY and always will. Did you know that ND and NAVY have a LIFETIME contract to play one another. It actually says, as long as the sun shines ND and NAVY will play.
The University of Notre Dame housed many of our brave men back in the day on campus while they were fighting for our country. Since then, it has been agreed by both sides to carry on a tradition no matter what conference either go to or whatever. Only way this series dies is if the world ends! TRUE STATEMENT, and so said in other words of course in the contract, kinda cool huh!

now if you were a USC fan we may have some problems lol! just kidding!

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Sucks to hear that there's some lag in online games. It does get REALLY annoying. Hopefully it's fixed before launch, but with them using P2P servers, a lot of it comes down to the connection quality of the two people playing, which is unfortunate.
Well, in the game that JB & I played sometime last week, there was pretty much zero lag. Not sure if cdj & I either had a connection issue, they were doing some server testing (unlikely to cause the issue), or what. Either way though, the potential is there for it to be really nice... just not sure what the conditions have to be to get those results.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Nah man, I am not like that at all. I love Notre Dame like you loving Navy, no biggy, we all love our squads, supposed to I thought. Supposed to be proud and show support, but no, I respect NAVY and always will. Did you know that ND and NAVY have a LIFETIME contract to play one another. It actually says, as long as the sun shines ND and NAVY will play.
The University of Notre Dame housed many of our brave men back in the day on campus while they were fighting for our country. Since then, it has been agreed by both sides to carry on a tradition no matter what conference either go to or whatever. Only way this series dies is if the world ends! TRUE STATEMENT, and so said in other words of course in the contract, kinda cool huh!

now if you were a USC fan we may have some problems lol! just kidding!

Haha, yeah, I knew that. Even though they have "renewals" of the contracts to play each other, those are just mere formalities and they'll never stop playing. But also don't forget that Notre Dame owes it's continued existence to the US Navy. Notre Dame, like many colleges, faced severe financial difficulties during World War II. The US Navy made Notre Dame a training center and paid enough for usage of the facilities, with federal tax money, to keep the University afloat. Notre Dame since then has extended an open invitation for Navy to play the Irish in football and considers the game annual repayment on a debt of honor.

Which is why I always have the utmost respect for the Irish and their fans, even when dealing with some Irish fans like my bosses for example. :D The US Navy helped the university survive the financial difficulties many faced back during the war, and in return, the Irish indefinitely plays Navy in football as a honorable repayment for that debt. And while Notre Dame owned the hell out of Navy for those 43 years, it is truly becoming a great rivalry in this past decade and looks to only continue to get better.

And of course the fact that the series is marked by mutual respect, as evidenced by each team standing at attention during the playing of the other's alma mater after the game, a tradition that started in 2005. So definitely one of the great rivalries active today. Now if only Notre Dame would reschedule Army and put some beat downs on them, then we can both gang up on Army each season. ;)

And don't worry. If anything, we at least both share a dislike for USC. :nod:

rhombic21
07-10-2010, 12:14 AM
For questions about the 3-4, the playbook looks largely untouched this year. I didn't play with it a lot on NCAA10 but from what I remember, there may be only a couple of new plays but no new formations. I think I mentioned earlier that the defensive playbooks didn't receive very much attention this year. It looks like the Nickels and Dimes received SOME attention but those just look like additions to zone blitzes.

Kickers definitely have a weaker leg this year whether it be to adjustments to the kicking game or due to the ratings spread or both.

Hopefully the defensive playbooks get some love next year. Although I maintain that updated playbooks throughout the year would make a great premium DLC offering, and would be one thing that I would legitimately be willing to pay for.

I'm glad to hear that kickers have been toned down. For the last couple of years it has been way too easy to knock in 55+ yard field goals, which dramatically changes the complexion of the game in terms of field position, particularly in end of half/game situations.

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Hopefully the defensive playbooks get some love next year. Although I maintain that updated playbooks throughout the year would make a great premium DLC offering, and would be one thing that I would legitimately be willing to pay for.

I'm glad to hear that kickers have been toned down. For the last couple of years it has been way too easy to knock in 55+ yard field goals, which dramatically changes the complexion of the game in terms of field position, particularly in end of half/game situations.

Agreed on both counts!

Great job guys, you're really on the ball. Fun stuff!

irishfbfan1
07-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Haha, yeah, I knew that. Even though they have "renewals" of the contracts to play each other, those are just mere formalities and they'll never stop playing. But also don't forget that Notre Dame owes it's continued existence to the US Navy. Notre Dame, like many colleges, faced severe financial difficulties during World War II. The US Navy made Notre Dame a training center and paid enough for usage of the facilities, with federal tax money, to keep the University afloat. Notre Dame since then has extended an open invitation for Navy to play the Irish in football and considers the game annual repayment on a debt of honor.

Which is why I always have the utmost respect for the Irish and their fans, even when dealing with some Irish fans like my bosses for example. :D The US Navy helped the university survive the financial difficulties many faced back during the war, and in return, the Irish indefinitely plays Navy in football as a honorable repayment for that debt. And while Notre Dame owned the hell out of Navy for those 43 years, it is truly becoming a great rivalry in this past decade and looks to only continue to get better.

And of course the fact that the series is marked by mutual respect, as evidenced by each team standing at attention during the playing of the other's alma mater after the game, a tradition that started in 2005. So definitely one of the great rivalries active today. Now if only Notre Dame would reschedule Army and put some beat downs on them, then we can both gang up on Army each season. ;)

And don't worry. If anything, we at least both share a dislike for USC. :nod:

Fair enough, great post, all very true!

JBHuskers
07-10-2010, 03:04 AM

Agreed on the defense.

Potatoes002
07-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Do fast quarterbacks scramble more often this year, especially in a offense not really suited for them? I guess what I am saying is does a player like Jake Locker scramble a lot?

lsutig187
07-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Can you create prospects in a single player online dynasty?

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Do fast quarterbacks scramble more often this year, especially in a offense not really suited for them? I guess what I am saying is does a player like Jake Locker scramble a lot?

??? Not suited for them? On the Locker front, UW's offense fits Locker very well. He's not a scrambler/option type guy. He's a really, extremely gifted and athletic Quarterback. The system and players he's been surrounded with make and allow him to pull the ball down and use the speed, but he really is a prototype qb. Isn't he a pitcher in baseball? I think so. That type of mindset is instilled in him, and I'm sure he'd rather be in the pocket. Maybe that's what I've not been understanding when I have had debates on Locker in the past, is that everyone seems to think that he is a scrambler or option guy playing qb. A little more talent around him, and his passing numbers sky-rocket :eek:, because he's really the exact opposite of that.

However on the question front: I like the question still. :nod: Just seeing the few games (and especially the OSU/UM videos), it does look like a player like a Pryor or Locker will be apt to make a quicker decision to pull it down, whereas a more slow guy will stand and slide in the pocket. No experience on that, just from what I saw. So the question is more than appropriate still.

Rudy
07-10-2010, 05:40 AM
while it wont be exactly the same, you could used the multiple D playbook and use formation subs on the 4-3 formations to make it a 3-4 with the an OLB as one of the DE.

I just hate having that LB take a rating hit in formation subs to line up in formations often used by 3-4 teams. I guess I'll live with it.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 06:53 AM
It looks like the crowd is about 50/50, however it's not split dead down the center. The fans are sparsely scattered around. Not sure if that's how it did it last year but that's how it does it this year.

That's unfortunate. When is the NCAA Football '12 Wishlist going up? :D I don't really care about fixing the bowl game crowd so it's not 50/50. I would just like a generic dome for my TB team (since they're located in Alaska). It's funny having recruits from CA come watch a game played in the snow with the temp being 20 degrees. I'm always thinking, "Who would want to come play here?" :D

lsutig187
07-10-2010, 07:10 AM
That's unfortunate. When is the NCAA Football '12 Wishlist going up? :D I don't really care about fixing the bowl game crowd so it's not 50/50. I would just like a generic dome for my TB team (since they're located in Alaska). It's funny having recruits from CA come watch a game played in the snow with the temp being 20 degrees. I'm always thinking, "Who would want to come play here?" :D

Lol, that's why there's no DIV-1 school in Alaska (at least football).

Rudy
07-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Any reason why user stats were removed from the game this year? I used to love checking my stats vs the cpu. The turnovers, broken tackles, ypc sometimes surprised you.

fsuprime
07-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Question:

Has anyone noticed a difference with how certain players are playing with the different way they did player ratings this year? By this i mean, FSU has a warrick dunn type back who they gave great speed and accel. to but left him in the mid-low 80s for AGI, also we have a CB who will be a starter with speed at 82 but ACC and AGI higher up, and safeties with numbers well below acceptable in the past, i assume many other teams rosters reflect things like this and was curious if you all have noticed anything good/bad/otherwise.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I haven't played against any of the elite running QBs but playing against some of the lower tier ones, no, they don't run anymore than they have in the past from what I remember. I'll try to play a bit against Locker or Pryor and see if it's any different.

Can you create prospects in a single player online dynasty?
I haven't tested it but no, I don't believe you'll be able to simply because a single player online dynasty is no different than a multiplayer online dynasty.

Any reason why user stats were removed from the game this year? I used to love checking my stats vs the cpu. The turnovers, broken tackles, ypc sometimes surprised you.
Are you sure they have been? I honestly don't know. Where did you see them in the past. I remember seeing them but I didn't pay much attention.

Question:

Has anyone noticed a difference with how certain players are playing with the different way they did player ratings this year? By this i mean, FSU has a warrick dunn type back who they gave great speed and accel. to but left him in the mid-low 80s for AGI, also we have a CB who will be a starter with speed at 82 but ACC and AGI higher up, and safeties with numbers well below acceptable in the past, i assume many other teams rosters reflect things like this and was curious if you all have noticed anything good/bad/otherwise.
Not certain if this is what you're asking but you can definitely feel the difference between players of different skills. In the past, wouldn't even consider running the ball with a sub-88 speed halfback but this year, I've had really good success with guys much lower than that because their other abilities helped them overcome that speed rating.

fsuprime
07-10-2010, 10:10 AM
yea i guess in a round-a-bout way that is what i was asking, basically if speed really is 'just another stat to take into account' instead of the end all be all...

FS A with 92 spd but 81 agi and acc has a chance to make plays just like
FS B with 83 speed but 88 acc and 92 AGI

FB with 83 spd 93 acc 93 agi vs RB with 94 spd 93 agi and 84 acc etc...

glad to hear that as it will make recruiting a little more varied (hopefully) than years past.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Just added an online game between cdj & I, Fresno State at Nevada, to the homepage (here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?237-Pre-Release-Media-from-The-Gaming-Tailgate)). Part 4 is still processing and part 5 has yet to be uploaded but both should be available sometime today.

A few notes... there were quite a few turnovers in the game. Mine (Nevada's) were pretty much my own fault... trying to pitch too late and trying to gain that extra yard even though I was wrapped up.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 10:15 AM
yea i guess in a round-a-bout way that is what i was asking, basically if speed really is 'just another stat to take into account' instead of the end all be all...

FS A with 92 spd but 81 agi and acc has a chance to make plays just like
FS B with 83 speed but 88 acc and 92 AGI

FB with 83 spd 93 acc 93 agi vs RB with 94 spd 93 agi and 84 acc etc...

glad to hear that as it will make recruiting a little more varied (hopefully) than years past.
Well, for the FS, it will depend upon what type of plays you're wanting him to make. Obviously if you're wanting him to match speed with a streaking WR, then you'll want FS A. If you're wanting him to react to a play in front of him, then you'll probably want FS B.

As for the FB vs HB, the FB will be great for interior running, especially with his 93 AGI. The HB will be great on tosses and the like because his lower acceleration might give his blockers time to setup before he hits his full stride.

Those are all just guesses but I'm fairly sure that's what you'll see in-game this year. You really do seem to see the ratings matter more this year.

lsutig187
07-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Would it be possible to create the prospects in an offline dynasty, and then move to an online one?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Would it be possible to create the prospects in an offline dynasty, and then move to an online one?
No. There's no way to save an offline copy of a dynasty and there's no way to convert an existing offline dynasty into an online dynasty.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 11:21 AM
No. There's no way to save an offline copy of a dynasty and there's no way to convert an existing offline dynasty into an online dynasty.

ouch, that could cause some trouble.

have you guys seen, or heard if there are still issues when advancing ODs this year, like scores getting simulated instead of using the actual results. or people being left behind and not advancing with the rest(never saw this one myself in '09 nor 10).

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
I was wondering how much more realistic the recruit is; as in how many 5 star/4 stars are most teams getting, also how is the recruiting success with user controlled small schools? Thanks so much :D

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 11:37 AM
ouch, that could cause some trouble.

have you guys seen, or heard if there are still issues when advancing ODs this year, like scores getting simulated instead of using the actual results. or people being left behind and not advancing with the rest(never saw this one myself in '09 nor 10).
Obviously it's really early and we've only started two multiplayer ODs but so far none of these issues have cropped up for us. I haven't heard anyone mention them either in the other pre-release ODs that were running. I can only hope that they corrected the issues that was causing those errors or at least have a way to recover broken dynasties.

I was wondering how much more realistic the recruit is; as in how many 5 star/4 stars are most teams getting, also how is the recruiting success with user controlled small schools? Thanks so much :D
I'm very early into my simulation testing but after the first season, here are the recruiting results (all teams simulated)
|Season 1||||||
Top 10 Classes|Team|5*|4*|3*|2*|1*|Total
1|Texas|7|7|6|||20
2|Alabama|3|10|6|||19
3|USC|5|6|4||1|16
4|TCU|1|7|17|||25
5|UCLA||12|6|5||23
6|Florida State|2|8|6|1|2|19
7|Texas A&M||8|13|2||23
8|Oklahoma||13|4|||17
9|Oregon|1|10|4||4|19
10|Notre Dame|1|10|4||3|18

Bottom 10|Team|5*|4*|3*|2*|1*|Total
120|Eastern Michigan||||2|16|18
119|UL Lafayette||||3|14|17
118|Arkansas State||||4|14|18
117|Utah State||||3|16|19
116|Western Michigan|||1||18|19
115|New Mexico State||||5|13|18
114|UL Monroe||||5|13|18
113|Western Kentucky|||1|1|17|19
112|Idaho||||9|8|17
111|UAB|||1|5|14|20

As well, when I recruited for the single player OD that I was running, I was able to sign four or five 3-star guys with Arkansas State, however the top one came in rated 64OVR. I didn't really try to sign any 4-star guys but with the more difficult recruiting (even on Varsity), I don't believe I would have had much success.

Speaking of recruiting, I will say that it's definitely nice to see Juco players come in higher rated but still be listed as 3-star recruits. As a small school, it truly makes it a decision whether to go for instant win or long-term project.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 11:45 AM
So would you say that as a smaller school say 1 or 2 star it would be pretty much improbable to sign a 5 star (just on what you've observed)? Additionally, it would be very difficult to sign many 4 stars in that same situation right? Thanks for the reply!!!

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 11:48 AM
So would you say that as a smaller school say 1 or 2 star it would be pretty much improbable to sign a 5 star (just on what you've observed)? Additionally, it would be very difficult to sign many 4 stars in that same situation right? Thanks for the reply!!!
Yeah, I would certainly say. I would say in order to sign a 5 or even a 4 star guy as a 1 or 2 star school, the stars will have to align perfectly for you. That is you'll need to match his wants with your attributes such as proximity to home, early playing time, etc. Not saying it's going to be impossible, but my experience, it will certainly be much more difficult than in the past. I think I've mentioned already but my general impression is that if you're doing a build-em-up single player dynasty, you'll probably want to do All-American recruiting but if you're playing in a multi-player online dynasty, I think varsity will make it more entertaining but not too easy.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Understood thanks, could I maybe get a recruiting video with your Ark. St team, I would love to see how some thought goes into managing your 10 hours of recruiting, whenever you get a chance :) thanks so much again for you time.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Understood thanks, could I maybe get a recruiting video with your Ark. St team, I would love to see how some thought goes into managing your 10 hours of recruiting, whenever you get a chance :) thanks so much again for you time.
I don't really have any video to show but my current tactic is to find my top 12 or so recruits. For my top 3, I use a full 60 minutes, then my next 5 or 6, I use 50 minutes, and then I split the remaining time among my other 3-4 recruits. It seems to really let me spread my time well but still get a lot of time for the guys I'm really going after.

lsutig187
07-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't really have any video to show but my current tactic is to find my top 12 or so recruits. For my top 3, I use a full 60 minutes, then my next 5 or 6, I use 50 minutes, and then I split the remaining time among my other 3-4 recruits. It seems to really let me spread my time well but still get a lot of time for the guys I'm really going after.

I did a variation of this in Ncaa 10. Works pretty good, especially since you never need to sign more than 18(at most) in a given year

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 12:26 PM
I did a variation of this in Ncaa 10. Works pretty good, especially since you never need to sign more than 18(at most) in a given year
Yeah... same for me. I just adapted my strategy from 10. The good thing is that it will also work for ODs since it no longer becomes a competition of who can spend more time with a guy.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Has off season recruiting changed at all?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Has off season recruiting changed at all?
Other than the rest of the recruiting changes, not drastically, no. However, in my one experience with offseason recruiting, it did seem like there were less "hidden" recruits added.

Ray27Rice
07-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Can I get a Maryland entrance video and also an Oregon entrance video? Thanks.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, how does the recruiting difficulties make recruiting harder? Do they give the CPU more awareness or give them more time per week?

rhombic21
07-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Just added an online game between cdj & I, Fresno State at Nevada, to the homepage (here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?237-Pre-Release-Media-from-The-Gaming-Tailgate)). Part 4 is still processing and part 5 has yet to be uploaded but both should be available sometime today.

A few notes... there were quite a few turnovers in the game. Mine (Nevada's) were pretty much my own fault... trying to pitch too late and trying to gain that extra yard even though I was wrapped up.

Thanks man. It was cool to see the Pistol and 3-4 in action.

Nothingface
07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Has anyone ran a cpu vs cpu game? lol....sometimes if I don't feel like playing, i just watch or do something while its played out. a GT vs a stiff defense would be interesting to me. I'd like to see how the cpu runs the ball against a non human opponent.

morsdraconis
07-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Has anyone ran a cpu vs cpu game? lol....sometimes if I don't feel like playing, i just watch or do something while its played out. a GT vs a stiff defense would be interesting to me. I'd like to see how the cpu runs the ball against a non human opponent.

I'd like to see how the CPU runs the OPTION against a good CPU team.

Rudy
07-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, how does the recruiting difficulties make recruiting harder? Do they give the CPU more awareness or give them more time per week?

They made the cpu more aggressive and in the higher difficulties you can't use the change topic option as much. You can do it 3 times on Varsity, twice on AA and only once on Heisman.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Great thanks, just what I wanted to know.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Did they update the Dynasty Wire site today?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Did they update the Dynasty Wire site today?
Just glancing at a couple of the dynasties out there, it looks like there were some relatively small changes made. I'll create an OD and see if I see anything additional.

oweb26
07-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Just glancing at a couple of the dynasties out there, it looks like there were some relatively small changes made. I'll create an OD and see if I see anything additional.

So on dynasty wire can only people in the dynasty see the recruits not everyone in the public?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 04:00 PM
So on dynasty wire can only people in the dynasty see the recruits not everyone in the public?
Correct.

I'll tell you what. I'll create a test OD and the first 11 people to PM me with a request to join it, I'll let them join via Dynasty Wire so that you can get a taste of the website side of things.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Correct.

I'll tell you what. I'll create a test OD and the first 11 people to PM me with a request to join it, I'll let them join via Dynasty Wire so that you can get a taste of the website side of things.

And you won't need the game?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 04:07 PM
And you won't need the game?Nope... at least I don't think so. So long as you're already signed up with an EA Sports ID (pretty much all their games use it), then you can just sign in with that and join via the website. I've set a password though so you'll need that first.

Heads up though... I won't be doing very much waiting around. After my game is played for the week, I'll advance. However, it still should be able to give you a taste of what recruiting and the rest of the site has to offer.

Potatoes002
07-10-2010, 04:24 PM
??? Not suited for them? On the Locker front, UW's offense fits Locker very well. He's not a scrambler/option type guy. He's a really, extremely gifted and athletic Quarterback. The system and players he's been surrounded with make and allow him to pull the ball down and use the speed, but he really is a prototype qb. Isn't he a pitcher in baseball? I think so. That type of mindset is instilled in him, and I'm sure he'd rather be in the pocket. Maybe that's what I've not been understanding when I have had debates on Locker in the past, is that everyone seems to think that he is a scrambler or option guy playing qb. A little more talent around him, and his passing numbers sky-rocket :eek:, because he's really the exact opposite of that.

However on the question front: I like the question still. :nod: Just seeing the few games (and especially the OSU/UM videos), it does look like a player like a Pryor or Locker will be apt to make a quicker decision to pull it down, whereas a more slow guy will stand and slide in the pocket. No experience on that, just from what I saw. So the question is more than appropriate still.

The way I meant that is does a fast quarterback scramble in an offense like Locker's (Pro-Style) and not just in offenses that have a lot of designed quarterback run plays (Like Florida).

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 04:30 PM
And you won't need the game?
Just a heads up... as solidice just discovered, it looks like you will have to be a PS3 user in order to join the OD. He's a 360 guy and it gave him an error when he tried to join.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Just a heads up... as solidice just discovered, it looks like you will have to be a PS3 user in order to join the OD. He's a 360 guy and it gave him an error when he tried to join.

I'm in.

The site appears to still need a little bit of work. It's kind of slow to load up. Sometimes it doesn't load at all and I have to hit refresh.

Nothingface
07-10-2010, 04:54 PM
No one willing to do cpu vs cpu 5 min heisman? :nod:

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Just noticed a problem with the online dynasty recruiting. I don't see a way cut cpu recruiting assistance off from the website. In the preseason, I only set my board to 10 players but as soon as gschwendt advanced it a week, I had 35 people on my board. Moral of the story, if you don't want the computer messing up your recruit board online, disable it from your console.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Just noticed a problem with the online dynasty recruiting. I don't see a way cut cpu recruiting assistance off from the website. In the preseason, I only set my board to 10 players but as soon as gschwendt advanced it a week, I had 35 people on my board. Moral of the story, if you don't want the computer messing up your recruit board online, disable it from your console.

Just did some recruiting from the web and I gotta say, recruiting from the web is pretty awesome. In fact, the whole revamped recruiting system is so easy and intuitive that I absolutely love it. I don't think it's gonna hurt work productivity though as it's pretty easy to blow through your 10 hours and then you can't do it again until the week advances.

Edit - The page still seems very buggy. As of right now, I HIGHLY advise to do all your recruiting from the console. If you say you want to talk to a recruit for an hour and the page logs you out for whatever reason or another (for some reason, I keep going back to the dynasty hub page in the middle of a call), you lose that hour without being able to do it again.

psusnoop
07-10-2010, 06:27 PM

Hey last year wasn't there only 4 (3-4) formations? This year there are 5. Now I only played about 4 minutes in the 3-4 thus far but I did think they added a formation for some reason.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Hey last year wasn't there only 4 (3-4) formations? This year there are 5. Now I only played about 4 minutes in the 3-4 thus far but I did think they added a formation for some reason.
Possibly so... but like I said, I didn't play with the 3-4 very much since I thought it was too easy to use last year in terms of the DL. This year it seems controlled much better so I plan to use it more.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 06:32 PM

NCAA 10 had 3-4:
Normal
Over
Under
Even
Solid

I plan to use it this year as Texas Tech is switching to it this season. will be a big change for me as I normally run with a 4-2-5 defense.

psusnoop
07-10-2010, 06:54 PM
OK so I was mistaken. Thanks for the heads up guys!

I'm going to run with the 3-4 this year in my dynasties.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 07:23 PM
gschwendt, I think you mentioned that Juco players are now a viable option, from what you've seen how much more overall or just skilled are these Juco prospects?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:29 PM
gschwendt, I think you mentioned that Juco players are now a viable option, from what you've seen how much more overall or just skilled are these Juco prospects?
I couldn't give you an OVR rating indication but I will say that at times, I'll be scrolling through a bunch of players at a certain position by looking at players one by one (and then flicking the R-stick to goto the next) when all of a sudden I'll see one player that really stands out to me as a guy I want to go after. I'll back out of the player ratings screen and back to the recruits list only to see that he's a JUCO (btw this year it lists whether they're a JR or SO). It definitely makes you stop and try to make a decision.

irishfbfan1
07-10-2010, 07:29 PM
3-4 UNDER Weak Blitz 3 is beastly
3-4 normal Cov 2 MLB SPY
3-4 Sting Pinch--man and zone
3-4 Even Cov 3
3-4 Solid Cov 2 Sink and Gap Press

Im ready!!!!!!!!!! Of Course with any or all of the Man Under 2 Deeps or Cov 1 with each sets

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Have you seen an influx in players giving soft verbals to one school and changing their minds last minute (especially in top tier prospects). I'm also assuming we no longer can give additional promises in the offseason since we are able to give them at any time. Oh, and how is the pass rush?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Have you seen an influx in players giving soft verbals to one school and changing their minds last minute (especially in top tier prospects). I'm also assuming we no longer can give additional promises in the offseason since we are able to give them at any time.
I think soft verbals are about the same this year. One thing I noticed regarding them is that once they're soft verballed, you're going to have to really stay on them in order to sway them. There were two players soft verballed to different schools. Every week it told me I was one point behind the school they were soft-verballed to but no matter how much I gained every week, I stayed 1 point behind. Obviously it's some sort of wall that once a player is locked onto a school, you're going to have to continue to fight for them. However, in both cases, I ended up signing the player in the offseason recruiting at the last week. Not sure what put them over the edge but I offered them the world early on.

As for promises, you're correct. You can only offer those three promises. You can do so at any point in the recruiting process.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info. How about the pass rush, are you able to get to the QB effectively with your Ark st team against the big boys, i.e the Auburn game you played?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info. How about the pass rush, are you able to get to the QB effectively with your Ark st team against the big boys, i.e the Auburn game you played?
I wouldn't say effectively but enough to not let him sit back there and pick me apart. I didn't get any sacks but I at least put some pressure on him.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 08:28 PM
I might be misinformed about this, but isn't the ESPN U 150 determined by player potential? So the #1 prospect might not be the most 'skilled,' but he has the most potential for growth?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I might be misinformed about this, but isn't the ESPN U 150 determined by player potential? So the #1 prospect might not be the most 'skilled,' but he has the most potential for growth?
I believe it's OVR rating + Potential is how they determine that. So a player might be already really highly rated with zero potential and still be the #1 prospect. Alternatively, you could see a decent rated player with great potential be the #1 prospect.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Is the potential hidden or is their a rating for it?

Solidice
07-10-2010, 08:34 PM

it's been hidden in the past, I believe it'll still be in NCAA 11. though someone with the game would have to confirm that.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:35 PM
It's completely hidden from the user both during recruiting and after they're on your team. You just have to take a gamble and see if they pay off.

Personally what I'd like to see with potential is that after they've been on campus for two years, the potential rating unveils itself. Similar to a coach having a player on campus that long knows whether they player has the potential to get better or if he's reached his peak.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Furthermore doesn't a player reaching his potential have to do a bit with your program prestige, because isn't said prestige proportional to how players improve during off season training? I like that idea though gschwendt, so you can better gauge how a player has grown.

CLW
07-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Any word/thoughts on is there any "penalty" for setting your hum DL to "aggressive". i haven't seen my d-line jump offsides yet in the demo and they always "jump the snap"

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Any word/thoughts on is there any "penalty" for setting your hum DL to "aggressive". i haven't seen my d-line jump offsides yet in the demo and they always "jump the snap"
I've only played 1-2 games with my DL set to aggressive for the whole game and so far I don't think I've seen them jump either. Granted, these were against the CPU which might not be doing a fake snap as often as a HUM player.

rhombic21
07-10-2010, 09:12 PM
One thing that does seem to stick out to me, and that I'm hearing some people comment on is the number of broken tackles in situations where it seems like the defender has the ballcarrier dead to rights. Do you sense that it's overdone, or no?

Have you had much success with the new screen plays, in particular the bubble screens? They seemed to work moderately well on the demo, but I just wonder how well they're working (along with the other screens) as you try to incorporate them into a playcalling system. Do they seem to work against the stuff they should work against, without being overpowered? I remember on '09 where about a quarter of the HB screens would go for 30+ yard gains.

WarEagle75
07-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Has EA implemented neutral site games such as the Chick-fil-A Kick-Off Classic in Dynasty mode?

Solidice
07-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Has EA implemented neutral site games such as the Chick-fil-A Kick-Off Classic in Dynasty mode?

I think the only neutral site games are Army-Navy, Colorado-Colorado State, Florida-Georgia, and Texas-Oklahoma.

Dr Death
07-10-2010, 09:49 PM
I think the only neutral site games are Army-Navy, Colorado-Colorado State, Florida-Georgia, and Texas-Oklahoma.

So K-State vs Iowa State and Mizzou vs Kansas, both at Arrowhead, are now played at one of the school's homes?

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 09:55 PM
So K-State vs Iowa State and Mizzou vs Kansas, both at Arrowhead, are now played at one of the school's homes?

I would assume so.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 09:55 PM

were those games played at Arrowhead in the game in dynasty mode last year?

if they were, they probably wont this year as Arrowhead is no longer in the game I don't think.

Dr Death
07-10-2010, 10:01 PM
were those games played at Arrowhead in the game in dynasty mode last year?

if they were, they probably wont this year as Arrowhead is no longer in the game I don't think.

I'm not sure about last year as I didn't get the game. And I know you can't answer this, but why would they take Arrowhead out of the game? They have the stadium rendered perfectly and it is used in college football besides the Big XII Championship, which is now in Dallas. Sometimes EA eliminates stuff that makes no sense.

The MU/KU games is called The Border War... it's always at Arrowhead...

And Solidice, thanks for the heads up on OS on the TT/SMU game. I'll be looking for that tomorrow!

Solidice
07-10-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure about last year as I didn't get the game. And I know you can't answer this, but why would they take Arrowhead out of the game? They have the stadium rendered perfectly and it is used in college football besides the Big XII Championship, which is now in Dallas. Sometimes EA eliminates stuff that makes no sense.

The MU/KU games is called The Border War... it's always at Arrowhead...

And Solidice, thanks for the heads up on OS on the TT/SMU game. I'll be looking for that tomorrow!

I suppose it was taken out as they didn't have any game there since the Big XII championship is at the Cowboys stadium, and it was added this year. they haven't added any other neutral site games for dynasty mode in years I don't think.

there are a lot of neutral site games in real life, but are not in the game. Texas Tech played Baylor at the Cowboys stadium last year, and I think this year they will as well(or maybe it's at the Cotton bowl stadium in Dallas this year, I forget)

JeffHCross
07-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I always get a kick out of the fact that the most colorful posts on any forum are by a guy named Death.

Nice to see ya.

Dr Death
07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
I always get a kick out of the fact that the most colorful posts on any forum are by a guy named Death.

Nice to see ya.

:D Never thought of it that way... :D Nice to see you too! Thanks to Beartide and Solidice for directing me here.

Geauxlden
07-10-2010, 10:33 PM
I couldn't give you an OVR rating indication but I will say that at times, I'll be scrolling through a bunch of players at a certain position by looking at players one by one (and then flicking the R-stick to goto the next) when all of a sudden I'll see one player that really stands out to me as a guy I want to go after. I'll back out of the player ratings screen and back to the recruits list only to see that he's a JUCO (btw this year it lists whether they're a JR or SO). It definitely makes you stop and try to make a decision.

Very cool. Jucos being worth taking and actually being listed as sophs or jrs was on my personal wishlist.

DrManateePhD
07-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Probably a silly question but one I really hope has made it to NCAA 11; can you play co-op during play now/offline dynasty, so my friend and I can both play on the same team against the CPU?

Geauxlden
07-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Not sure if you've been able to test this or not, but do new recruits show up in the offseason or was it taken out? If its still there, does the cpu actually offer them this year? Seemed like last year most of the bonus recruits didn't get a cpu offer until wk3 or wk4 of offseason, if at all.

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2010, 12:04 AM
thanks a bunch guys for answering all the questions....

UGA14
07-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Are you guys seeing the playaction glitch where the QB runs back in the handoff animation forever?

The reason I ask is someone asking on OS if this would be patched, but I noticed they said it would be fixed by full-retail version.

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Are you guys seeing the playaction glitch where the QB runs back in the handoff animation forever?

The reason I ask is someone asking on OS if this would be patched, but I noticed they said it would be fixed by full-retail version.
I did in fact see it the other day, just once so far. I believe it's only on a certain play, it's some sort of PA screen pass I believe.

Potatoes002
07-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I did in fact see it the other day, just once so far. I believe it's only on a certain play, it's some sort of PA screen pass I believe.

Are screen plays still "money" this year? And can the CPU actually run a screen play without being stupid and get sacked everytime?

lsutig187
07-11-2010, 01:47 AM

What are your impressions on fatigue? Are you actually seeing players, RB's WR's and DL-men especially, geting subbed in and out effectively?

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm not sure about last year as I didn't get the game. And I know you can't answer this, but why would they take Arrowhead out of the game? They have the stadium rendered perfectly

NICE CATCH!!! I forgot that it was in the Big 12 Championship. This will definitely go on the stadium requests as of Tuesday or when the '12 wishlist goes up.

Rudy
07-11-2010, 05:59 AM
With all the room on a Blu Ray disc, there is no reason to remove any stadiums from the PS3 edition!

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Hey I heard that Wisconsin's O-Line is suppose to be rated all 90's and up. Can someone with the game check that for me. Also how good is RB John Clay in the game overall. Also while your checking can you do... QB Scott Tolzien and WR Nick Toon. I'm thinking about using the Badgers since the running in 2011 is so fun and they should have a basis for a solid offense.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey I heard that Wisconsin's O-Line is suppose to be rated all 90's and up. Can someone with the game check that for me. Also how good is RB John Clay in the game overall. Also while your checking can you do... QB Scott Tolzien and WR Nick Toon. I'm thinking about using the Badgers since the running in 2011 is so fun and they should have a basis for a solid offense.

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

Choose Wisconsin's roster

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Link (http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=Dynasty%20Blog%202%20of%203:%20 Prospects)

What classifies as an elite Prospect has changed from previous years with the new ratings spread. As you can imagine, you'll no longer see true freshman come into the game rated in the 90's OVR or even high 80's OVR. Only the top Prospects at any position this year will come in over an 80 OVR and depending on your school, he may or may not be able to start instantly.

Once we got the Prospects created and ranked, we moved onto JUCO's next. These Prospects were really easy to deal with after all the work done above. We simply raised the attributes of every JUCO a few points more than they would have been with the new ratings spread and made the value of a JUCO lower in the rankings. So here is a likely scenario for 4 different Prospects you'll see once you have the game:

Player A - True Freshman QB, 70 Overall rating, 90 Potential rating
Player B - JUCO Junior HB, 75 Overall rating, 75 Potential rating
Player C - True Freshman HB, 73 Overall rating, 50 Potential rating
Player D - True Freshman QB, 71 Overall rating, 70 Potential rating

On average with the 4 players above would end up being ranked like this in NCAA Football 11:
1. Player A
2. Player D
3. Player C
4. Player B
In previous years, only overall would have mattered.

Hope this helped :)

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 08:20 AM
http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/home

Choose Wisconsin's roster

Thanks. I'm new to all of these sites and tools you guys got here but I'm learning. They really help :)
EDIT: It looks like they are all 90+

LT: 96 Sr.
LG: 92 Sr.
C: 93 So.
RG: 94 Jr.
RT: 94 Jr.

HB: 94 Jr. (248lb bruiser)
WR: 91 Jr.
QB: 89 Sr.

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Are screen plays still "money" this year? And can the CPU actually run a screen play without being stupid and get sacked everytime?
I don't think I ever really thought they were money so to speak but no, I don't think they're money this year. The CPU does seem to handle itself better. There are times that it still plays it stupidly but for the most part, it's better.

What are your impressions on fatigue? Are you actually seeing players, RB's WR's and DL-men especially, geting subbed in and out effectively?
Fatigue has a good feel to it. They seemed to do a really good job at handling fatigue in no-huddle offenses. One nice touch is that when you're at the formation selection screen, not only will you see your guys fatigue rating but if you wait long enough to call your play, you'll actually see them go from orange to yellow, and so on. Really encourages you to consider your tempo.

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I don't think I ever really thought they were money so to speak but no, I don't think they're money this year. The CPU does seem to handle itself better. There are times that it still plays it stupidly but for the most part, it's better.

Speaking of screens... I've always liked this one play from Tampa Bay's playbook in Madden. A Play Action FB Screen. Does anybody know if any playbook at all has that in NCAA? I love to run that play and I feel FB's are underutilized. I love to recruit a small (5'10") 250 pound bruiser RB and switch him to FB in NCAA.

CLW
07-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I've only played 1-2 games with my DL set to aggressive for the whole game and so far I don't think I've seen them jump either. Granted, these were against the CPU which might not be doing a fake snap as often as a HUM player.

That was my assumption. I'd be interested in seeing if a Hum v. Hum game with d-line set to agressive the entire game and if the opponent mixed up the snap call if there were every any offsides by the CPU controlled lineman.

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 11:47 AM
That did help, thanks!

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Quoting the 2nd blog about the recruit rankings: "This change sounds pretty simple, but it has a big impact. We can now weigh a position to be more or less valuable in the rankings formula. For example, last year's list would take an 80 OVR QB vs. an 81 OVR Kicker and rate the kicker higher. In this year's game we are able to keep the Kickers rating at an 81 overall, but his ranking will not even crack the ESPNU 150 because his position isn't as valued. Together, this change and the new ratings spread improved the Prospect rankings in the ESPNU 150; and we were still basing the list on overall within each position.

-Would you say this has been easily seen in the ESPN U, and what impact has it had if any, on your recruiting or that of the CPU?

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 12:34 PM
The only thing I'm not digging about this game is the defensive play calling. The problem is only when playing non human players though.

In NCAA 10 you could get like 5 seconds to move around through your formations, prepare as I call it, before the AI opponent actually picked a play. Then you were given the allotted 10 seconds to pick a play or one would be picked for you.

In NCAA 11 immediately they have a play picked and you only got 10 seconds to first pick the right formation then find a play you want to run. This is nowhere near long enough, for me anyways.

Is there any way around this in the options and maybe any hints for how to run an effective defense now that this is sped up?

I just find it extremely fast because the play call screen pops up and they already have a play picked, so i look how many WR's? If it's 3 I'm running nickel. 4 I'm running Dime. 2 then I look at how many TE's? 1, I'm in 4-3/3-4 base. 2 I'm in 4-6 or 4-4. But by the time i can process that I'm down to like 8 seconds or less to actually pick the right formation and only like 5 seconds to look between the plays and choose one.

I understand if a team is running a hurry up your going to see less time that's not what I'm talking about though. It does this for teams running a normal huddle up offense as well. It gives you no time on defense to scroll through the plays and pick one you want to run.

I'm thinking I'm just going to have to set my defensive audibles. 1/2 for my base set 3-4 or 4-3 and 1/2 for nickel. That way if they run 2WR or 3WR i got 10 seconds to pick the right formation and get the right personal on the field then just do the audibles for the top plays i like to run, blitz or coverage. The only thing is i would only run 8 plays a game then and really that sucks because a player should be able to scroll through their playbook on defense and find the exact play they want just like they can on offense.

Rudy
07-11-2010, 01:36 PM
With only 3 plays on the play screen, picking a defensive play in time was tough in the demo for me too.

cdj
07-11-2010, 01:48 PM
With only 3 plays on the play screen, picking a defensive play in time was tough in the demo for me too.

When holding down Bluff (L2/LT) it will page you through plays 3 at a time versus 1 at a time when not holding it. That will help some.

VolPett
07-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I respect your guys opinion when it comes to this game more than anyone else on the web.

Due to a supposed thread on Operation Sports, the Commish of my online dynasty has already outlawed bubble/wr screens.

I know you guys have played a weeks work of games, what is your opinion on their effectiveness?

I just really hate to take something out that is a big part of the college game unless there is overwhelming reason.

Thanks in advance, like I said I really value your opinion.

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't think they're overpowered. They're far from guaranteed success and even when successful, they don't gain a ton of yards unless the defense is just out of position.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I respect your guys opinion when it comes to this game more than anyone else on the web.

Due to a supposed thread on Operation Sports, the Commish of my online dynasty has already outlawed bubble/wr screens.

I know you guys have played a weeks work of games, what is your opinion on their effectiveness?

I just really hate to take something out that is a big part of the college game unless there is overwhelming reason.

Are you serious? Just like any play they are going to work if called against the right play. I haven't seen one go for 6 yet. Also since the man coverage is better it's a lot more difficult than in the demo. I can just see that by watching the games. Even the cpu plays it pretty good. The option is more powerful, so is he gonna outlaw that too? That's a terrible decision without even playing the game. I haven't played it yet, but second hand, I'd be more worried about the run and option. All my leagues are waiting at least to play it, to see the effectiveness issues on Offense AND Defense.

I DID take a middle screen to the house, but I made some good moves to do it. It was a fun play. I tried it several more times though and barely picked up 10 yards on any successful tries. Had to pull a few down and eat the sack too.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 03:00 PM

Yep that was an issue. It takes more time to pull up the bluff plays imo than to just scroll over. However I think 10 seconds is enough, based on the slower count while in the menu (If you notice it's actually a second and a half or so per count, it's been like that forever, at least on offense). Also, it's not like a whole bunch of new plays are in the D playbooks, and I have memorized which types of plays I like in certain situations and where they are after the 2nd or 3rd game. It's probably not like that for everybody, but I've played it long enough that I know the plays pretty quick.

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Here's a really great video on the new layers of recruiting strategy, would those of you that have the game currently have anything to add this guy's video in terms of strategies you've used against the 'big boys.'

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDyX4DR-s1g

And Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScZlf6sCNEE&feature=related

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 03:10 PM

In the demo, the most yards I've ever gotten on a bubble screen was like, 13 yards are so. Most of the time, the corner runs through the blocking wr like he's water and stops it for a small gain.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Here's a really great video on the new layers of recruiting strategy, would those of you that have the game currently have anything to add this guy's video in terms of strategies you've used against the 'big boys.'

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDyX4DR-s1g

And Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScZlf6sCNEE&feature=related

I saw that video over at OS. Fortunate for this guy, Northwestern has a lot of high grades themselves. Also, his main rival was in recruiting was Iowa St. who aren't so hot. If he were Northern Illinois, recruiting against Notre Dame or Ohio St. for instance, it would be brutal. This is what's happening to me online in the test online dynasty. A lot of the recruits I'm looking at have Alabama on their list (the highest are only 3 stars) and my school (Southern Miss) has a bunch of C+'s in terms of program incentives. It's definitely hard when you can't spam the 1 or 2 things you're good at.

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking, it must be absolutely brutal to play as a school with maybe 1 B rating and that's all your really selling to recruits, sounds like a challenge I can't wait!

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 03:20 PM
When holding down Bluff (L2/LT) it will page you through plays 3 at a time versus 1 at a time when not holding it. That will help some.

Thanks. That helps a little I just wish they didn't pick the play right away or atleast it would give you like 15-20 seconds pre play time to pick a play on defense (when the offense isn't using no huddle). That 20 seconds doesn't have to come off the playclock either... That or the gameplan thing from Madden would be a nice feature especially on defense.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 03:28 PM
That or the gameplan thing from Madden would be a nice feature especially on defense.

THIS! I hope they implement some of that gameplan for defense next year. That would be nice.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
THIS! I hope they implement some of that gameplan for defense next year. That would be nice.

What is the Madden gameplan? Gameflow or is it something else?

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2010, 03:44 PM

any update on this, JB?

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 03:52 PM
What is the Madden gameplan? Gameflow or is it something else?

A good article explaining it... LINK (http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?category=Game%20Planning)

The other part of GameFlow and easily the most important part is Game Planning. Each team ships with a default game plan based on the way they played last year. You can create a custom game plan and play with that. How do you customize a gameplan?

You have a total of 15 play slots available per situation, and the situations are the same defined by a real NFL coach's play sheet. For each play in any situation, you can adjust the "weighting" of the plays from between .5 to 5 stars. Weighting plays determines the frequency a play is called in game.[You can also choose for yourself with your custom gameplan replacing Ask Madden]

You can create and save as many game plans as you want.

Creating a defensive gameplan follows the same mold, except that you aren't creating the plays based on the down and distance, but instead on what the offense is showing in terms of personnel and formation. So in the image below, you'd be setting up your "dime" packages (which can be plays out of any defensive formation, not just dime), and these are the plays that you want to run when the offense lines up with 4 or more receivers.

The full article explains it better with screenshots but basically you set a gameplan of what plays you want to run and you can either have gameflow call them for you or you can actually pick your plays (like normal) with your gameplan replacing ask madden. Basically allows you to put a gameplan together each week for the upcoming opponent like NFL teams do in real life. Only thing is you can only pick plays from one playbook, not mixing and matching plays from two or more team playbooks.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 03:56 PM
A good article explaining it... LINK (http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?category=Game%20Planning)

The full article explains it better with screenshots but basically you set a gameplan of what plays you want to run and you can either have gameflow call them for you or you can actually pick your plays (like normal) with your gameplan replacing ask madden. Basically allows you to put a gameplan together each week for the upcoming opponent like NFL teams do in real life. Only thing is you can only pick plays from one playbook, not mixing and matching plays from two or more team playbooks.

I know what Gameflow is. I haven't played Madden since '06 since I wasn't aware if there was another gameplanning system in the game similar to gameplanning in NCAA.

Solidice
07-11-2010, 03:56 PM
any update on this, JB?

JB updated in the Media thread
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?472-NCAA-11-Pre-Release-Media-from-The-Gaming-Tailgate

it's processing right now.

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I know what Gameflow is. I haven't played Madden since '06 since I wasn't aware if there was another gameplanning system in the game similar to gameplanning in NCAA.

Yeah there is... i thought i explained that?

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah there is... i thought i explained that?

No, you explained Gameflow.

I was talking about something similar to this:
http://insideblog.easports.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/inside_5F00_ea/offensiveoptions_5F00_1of6.JPG

Edit - Nevermind. Apparently, I was calling the entire new system of calling plays Gameflow whereas EA separates Gameflow and Game Planning into 2 different things.

JBHuskers
07-11-2010, 04:11 PM
JB updated in the Media thread
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?472-NCAA-11-Pre-Release-Media-from-The-Gaming-Tailgate

it's processing right now.

Yeah quarter one is uploading to YouTube right now. Looks like in an hour and a half it will be done + time for it to process.

Cipher 8
07-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Edit - Nevermind. Apparently, I was calling the entire new system of calling plays Gameflow whereas EA separates Gameflow and Game Planning into 2 different things.Gameplanning is done before you even go into the game. You basically make your own playbook or plan for that weeks opponent. With different situations like 1st and 10 you pick 15 plays for that situation, 3rd and 1 another fifteen plays for that situation, and for each play you give it a rating from 0.5 stars to 5 stars. The higher the rating the more frequently it will be called if you have Gameflow on. You then save it as a gameplan and then when you enter the game you can either have gameflow turned on where the headcoach picks the plays for you or turned off and you can go into your gameplan and pick specific plays you want to run.

baseballplyrmvp
07-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah quarter one is uploading to YouTube right now. Looks like in an hour and a half it will be done + time for it to process.sweet...thanks a lot

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Only thing is you can only pick plays from one playbook, not mixing and matching plays from two or more team playbooks.

Which is accurate... You're still using your own playbook IRL, yeah?

Gameplanning is done before you even go into the game. You basically make your own playbook or plan for that weeks opponent. With different situations like 1st and 10 you pick 15 plays for that situation, 3rd and 1 another fifteen plays for that situation, and for each play you give it a rating from 0.5 stars to 5 stars. The higher the rating the more frequently it will be called if you have Gameflow on. You then save it as a gameplan and then when you enter the game you can either have gameflow turned on where the headcoach picks the plays for you or turned off and you can go into your gameplan and pick specific plays you want to run.

Yes, it's a pretty awesome system. I was under the impression that the cpu gave you 3 plays to call though, based on your rating of them, instead of just calling the play for you. I thought you still had to make the choice, but you wouldn't need to go through the entire playbook to get there. Am I wrong on that though?

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Here's a question for the CD guys:

When do you believe EA starts to get cracking on NCAA Football '12? I'm sure they already have the "back of the box" features they want to implement but I was wondering when they actually sit down and start getting it together.

DrManateePhD
07-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I couldn't help but notice in the demo, that after the game is over, the 'play of the game,' is always the last play; I hope that has been reconciled in the retail version.