PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, 2012

Oneback
01-29-2012, 09:39 AM
=============== #1 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0) ===============
Last week, Arkansas won 52-17 against Michigan (0-1).
This week, the Razorbacks travel to University Park to face the #12 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LT Josh Concepcion has committed to Arkansas
- (****) LOLB Kirk Perry has committed to Arkansas

=============== #21 Clemson Tigers (0-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson lost 52-33 against Miami (1-0).
This week, the Tigers will host Georgia (0-0).

=============== #5 Miami Hurricanes (1-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 52-33 against Clemson (0-1).
This week, the Hurricanes will host Arizona State (0-0).

=============== #7 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
Last week the Sooners were idle.
This week, the Sooners travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (0-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RG Pedro Paul has committed to Missouri

=============== #12 Penn State Nittany Lions (1-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 34-10 against Ohio (0-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host #1 Arkansas (1-0).

=============== #15 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 45-3 against Iowa State (0-1).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Stanford to face the #2 Stanford Cardinal (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Manuel Cohen has committed to Texas
- (*****) WR Jim McBride has committed to Texas

=============== #13 USC Trojans (1-0) ===============
Last week, USC won 45-31 against Hawai'i (0-1).
This week, the Trojans will host #14 Florida State (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Tony Miller has committed to USC
- (***) CB Devin Gordon has committed to USC
- (****) MLB Ian Walker has committed to USC

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0) ===============
Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
This week, the Hawkeyes will host Oklahoma State (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Eddie Calhoun has committed to Bowling Green
- (**) C Jimmy Smith has committed to Washington State

=============== #14 Florida State Seminoles (1-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 70-6 against Southern Miss (0-1).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Los Angeles to face the #13 USC Trojans (1-0).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LT Josh Concepcion has committed to Arkansas

fsuprime
01-29-2012, 10:22 AM
hey USC when do u want to play? I can play anytime starting now :) i dont have my phone tho. also it looks like for 3rd straight year of ncaa football the game screwed me out of a team i wanted scheduled lol, no uva this year :(

psuexv
01-29-2012, 10:57 AM
I can go tonight if you want, 9:30ish?

fsuprime
01-29-2012, 11:00 AM
probably wont work, i can do tomorrow night at that time.

psuexv
01-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Tomorrow works

Papa LoneStar
01-29-2012, 05:31 PM
:Arkansas:

The #1 Razorbacks take down #12 Penn State 45-7 in Happy Valley. The Hog defense stepped up in a major way holding the Nittany Lions to 299 yards and forcing 4 interceptions. Senior OLB Ross Rasner led the D with 9 tackles (2 TFL). WR Jarius Wright posted 183 all-purpose yards including a 2nd half opening 105 yard kick return for a TD....along with a rushing TD. QB Brandon Mitchell was very composed in his first road start going 10-13 for 157 yards 2 TD 1 INT along with a 70 yard rushing TD. WR Cobi Hamilton caught 3 balls for 85 yards and 2 TD while RB Dennis Johnson contributed with 86 rushing yards on 12 carries. Starting RB Ronnie Wingo was lost for the season in the 2nd quarter with a broken shoulder. Tough luck for that kid after redshirting last season. He will return for his 5th season next season improving on his 91 overall rating. Arkansas will welcome #23 Ohio State to Fayetteville next week....11am central on ESPN.

psusnoop
01-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Another tough afternoon game loss as the Lions vow to never play another one, :D!

Great game papa, that end of second start of third did me in like no other.

ryby6969
01-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Miami shuts out ASU 49-0 to move to 2-0 on the season. The defense held ASU's offense to only 167 yards and forced 2 turnovers. Junior QB Stephen Morris was sharp once again as he was 21-31 for 252 yards and 2 scores, while running for another. The defense was led by Junior MLB James Gaines who had 12 tackles, including 5 for a loss. Next up is #2 Stanford.

gschwendt
01-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Oklahoma struggles but beats Michigan 35-28. The story of the game was losing one of the key cogs to my offense for 11 weeks in the middle of the first quarter. I recruited a JUCO HB specifically to run my offense for this season and now he's out of the picture so I have to figure out if I want to run my offense with the wrong personnel, burn a redshirt of a backup, or change my offense altogether. Sure wish I had a CPU game next week so I could test a few things offensively. :fdown:

As well, the rest of the B1G can thank me for knocking out Denard for 7 weeks.

Oneback
01-30-2012, 06:43 AM
hey USC when do u want to play? I can play anytime starting now :) i dont have my phone tho. also it looks like for 3rd straight year of ncaa football the game screwed me out of a team i wanted scheduled lol, no uva this year :(

Yeah I tried every angle I could to get UVA for you, including taking them off of Miami's schedule to see if I could open up a slot for you...none of it worked.

Papa LoneStar
01-30-2012, 11:49 AM
As well, the rest of the B1G can thank me for knocking out Denard for 7 weeks.

Even though I can't benefit....this is a STRONG favor to the others. He lit me up....had me questioning my move to the spread. They were up 10-0 at the end of the 1st.

fsuprime
01-30-2012, 07:27 PM
just tried to get game in with psu :/ his kid started to get sick in 1st quarter, probably reschedule it. hope he feels better psu!

psusnoop
01-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh man, nothing worse then a sick kid. Little guy sick? hope he gets better soon!!

Oneback
01-30-2012, 07:59 PM
No bueno, I can handle it when I am sick, but when my son is sick I am worried all the time.

psuexv
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
That was a lot of puke :smh: wife just started yelling to get up here and he was just spewing.

We are going to try again

fsuprime
01-30-2012, 09:20 PM
good game psuevx, FSU beats USC 30-8. FSU forced 5 turnovers to get the victory.

psuexv
01-30-2012, 10:33 PM
That was ugly, 2 picks in the endzone early on killed me

fsuprime
01-30-2012, 10:35 PM
its amazing how in user v user games u can catch the ball with a DB but ill have 19 drops against the cpu, i think i had 1 user pick all last season with stanford lol.