PDA

View Full Version : Conference Invites - Online Dynasty

razorback44
07-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Am I remembering correctly that someone (cdj, JB or gschwendt) posted on here that you could now get NEW conference invites in Online Dynasties without having to take it offline? I swear I read it in a thread on here but now I can't find that thread. Am I losing my mind? :confused:

Please, someone help me out here on this one. Thanks!

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I know coaching contracts were mentioned but, as far as I remember, conference changes have only been speculated.

razorback44
07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
I know coaching contracts were mentioned but, as far as I remember, conference changes have only been speculated.

Oooohhhhh, you are right. I do believe I am confusing conference invites with coaching changes. :o

Thanks!

Captain Mallow
07-07-2010, 12:38 PM
So coaching contracts are in online dynastys?
I'm asking because--given the new online features--I'm going to take my single player 'offline' dynasty and make it an online one. The coaching contracts/job offers is something I'm really hoping will still be in.

DariusLock
07-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I want conference invites.

Solidice
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
So coaching contracts are in online dynastys?
I'm asking because--given the new online features--I'm going to take my single player 'offline' dynasty and make it an online one. The coaching contracts/job offers is something I'm really hoping will still be in.

to be honest, I don't think they are(both being able to be hired/fired and conference invites). it was stated that the coaching goals were in and that it was assumed you could be hired/fired, but I thought the coaching goals have always been there in OD? I don't really see how the coaching hire/fire could be in and not conference invites, as I believe they both had the same 'problem' in why I think they have not been included to begin with(possible conflicts with people getting and accepting the same offer).

but I don't have the game(NCAA 11), so I can't see if it is or not.

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I can't remember who/where but someone (in an article perhaps) said coaching contracts were in OD.

lilheavy
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
The guy from OS said it, Bumble 14.

Solidice
07-07-2010, 01:12 PM
He mentioned that coaching goals were in, and assumed that meant coaching contracts and being able to be fired/hired were in. but the coaching goals were also in NCAA 10 OD, so that doesn't exactly confirm it yet.

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
The guy from OS said it, Bumble 14.

Well, he better be right. :mad:

I'll be pissed if I have the rug pulled from me now!:P

lilheavy
07-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Here is what he tweeted.

Coach contracts and goals are in online dynasty. This means you may be able to get fired and switch jobs. More to come.

Like Solidice said, this was in last year. I don't think we will be able to get fired or offered new jobs in OD...

Captain Mallow
07-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Okay, so if you can't get hired or fired, can you at least change teams on your own? I did not play an online dynasty last year (didn't pick up '10). So in short, if I play as Ball State for three seasons, win the MAC and increase the school's prestige, can I 'hire' myself at a bigger-name school? Or am I stuck at Ball State for as long as I have my online (single player) dynasty?

Solidice
07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Okay, so if you can't get hired or fired, can you at least change teams on your own? I did not play an online dynasty last year (didn't pick up '10). So in short, if I play as Ball State for three seasons, win the MAC and increase the school's prestige, can I 'hire' myself at a bigger-name school? Or am I stuck at Ball State for as long as I have my online (single player) dynasty?

the commissioner(person who starts the dynasty) can move a user to any team.

JeffHCross
07-07-2010, 08:55 PM
the commissioner(person who starts the dynasty) can move a user to any team.Not exactly. You have to be removed from the dynasty first. So while you can take over a different team, you lose your coach and start over from scratch.

Solidice
07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Not exactly. You have to be removed from the dynasty first. So while you can take over a different team, you lose your coach and start over from scratch.

I'm pretty sure on 360, you can just change their team(without removing them completely and re-inviting them). I believe it does reset their coaching history though.

lilheavy
07-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Not exactly. You have to be removed from the dynasty first. So while you can take over a different team, you lose your coach and start over from scratch.

I'm pretty sure on 360, you can just change their team(without removing them completely and re-inviting them). I believe it does reset their coaching history though.

Last year I changed teams twice and my total win/loss records and how many seasons I played stayed in tact. In 09 you had to be removed but that changed in 10.

Aglemar
07-08-2010, 02:54 PM
If they dont have conference invites in maybe they will allow the OD comissioner to swap teams in and out of conferences during an OD's pre or post season, but that chance seems just as, if not more, remote to me.

JeffHCross
07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Last year I changed teams twice and my total win/loss records and how many seasons I played stayed in tact. In 09 you had to be removed but that changed in 10.Well, maybe our Commish just needs to be taught that. :D Pretty sure I saw people's W/L disappear last year.

psusnoop
07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
I thought in the one other one I was in (not with u guys Jeff and Co.) that the records got wiped clean as well. Hmm, interesting if that doesn't have to be though.

Wait just thought about it, I could check my record in Powerhouse 10 to see if my record is for 1 year or 2.

Captain Mallow
07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
According to OpSports review, coaching contracts are in online dynasty this year and they specifically say this means you can change jobs.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
According to OpSports review, coaching contracts are in online dynasty this year and they specifically say this means you can change jobs.
They are wrong. Coaching contracts are the same as they have been in past years of Online Dynasty... it shows goals and tracks approval rating, but doesn't fire you or give you new job offers. You can always change schools like in years past... manually by the commissioner.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 02:19 PM
They are wrong. Coaching contracts are the same as they have been in past years of Online Dynasty... it shows goals and tracks approval rating, but doesn't fire you or give you new job offers. You can always change schools like in years past... manually by the commissioner.

Correct.

Captain Mallow
07-09-2010, 08:29 PM
I believe you, but just so no one thinks I made it up here's a quote from their review (talking about online dynasty): "Beyond that, coaching contracts are now included in Online Dynasty, which allows you to change jobs. However, conference invites do not appear to be included in Online Dynasty this year."

Link: http://www.operationsports.com/review.php?id=552

That's a bummer that it's not really in. I was excited there...for a bit.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Honestly, has anyone ever been fired from a school?

Typically what I do is start at a lower-tiered school, build them up, then once I become too good, I leave for Southern Miss when my contract expires (they're usually terrible 8 or 9 years into the dynasty). I don't ever leave Southern Miss because once I make them good, I tend to be through playing that version of NCAA until it's close to the release of the newest version.

Captain Mallow
07-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Same idea as to what I do. However, I WAS fired once. I think it was NCAA 2004, I started as the Buffalo Bulls coach on Heismann difficulty and played a rough schedule. After three seasons I was dismissed after having won a total of like 3 games (coach mode style, btw).

BPHusker
07-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Anyone happen to get any more information on this or is it safe to say that this is missing once again?

Aglemar
07-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Anyone happen to get any more information on this or is it safe to say that this is missing once again? Sadly, it is not in once again, and if teambuilder rivalries are still borked...my dogs is one dead woofer.