PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth continuing to pursue players soft-committed to other schools?

shivx
01-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi guys,

I'm playing in a dynasty online league. I have to admit I get really tempted to drop soft commits to other schools from my board.

What are your experiences in changing their minds? Is it worth the time investment? What is your success ratio here?

thanks!

JeffHCross
01-20-2012, 10:59 PM
If you have a visit coming up very soon, it may be worth it. Otherwise, unless you've got some other advantage up your sleeve, probably not. I've had guys soft committed to my school and then stolen by other players, but those were usually players that I had an early lead on, and my opponent just kept taking chunks out of my lead week after week. So it was kind of inevitable that I would lose out. If your recruiting and the other school's recruiting seems about even, I'd say cut your losses. Success ratio is very low.

SmoothPancakes
01-25-2012, 06:06 AM
My first season of my FIU dynasty, I stole a recruit away from UAB when he was soft committed to them. Granted, I was showing as -1 lag behind UAB on his list, so I was right there in the running. But one week he soft committed to UAB, I hit him with 60 minutes recruiting, that next week, he had dropped his soft commitment to UAB and soft committed to me at FIU. The following week, he hard committed to FIU, completing the commitment theft in a three week swing.

But, that's the only time I've actually pulled it off. I have managed to keep recruits who soft commit to other schools from hard committing for an additional anywhere from 1-3 weeks after soft committing before they eventually hard committed with those schools, but that requires pretty much throwing 60 minutes into them every time, and if you never get them to drop soft commit to the other school, in the end all those hours end up just being a waste you could have used on someone else.

morsdraconis
01-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Hit them once with everything you have once they've soft committed to the other school (and you're in 2nd, obviously). If they are still soft committed the week after that, drop them as it's hopeless.