PDA

View Full Version : POLL - The LeBron Sweepstakes Spectacular - Will you watch?

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 08:51 AM
With all the hoopla and etc regarding the NBA free agents this off season. And now we have a silly 1-hour special to announce where LeBron is going. Now we know Bosh is going to Miami where Wade will stay. So as ridiculous as it is, will you watch the ESPN 1-hour special tomorrow?

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I've been hooked on this whole free agency circus from the start, so sadly I will watch this tomorrow.

It is worth noting that LeBron is using the power of his name to get sponsors in and the money will go to charity.

Chase
07-07-2010, 08:59 AM
all the free agency rumors have turned espn into tmz. unfortunately, im with you. i cant help but watch. no matter where he goes, people will be talking what if's about his decision for a long time

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I couldn't care less about the NBA. Or LeBron. Or my hometown (yes, I begrudgingly admit it) of Cleveland.

That being said, I'll watch. What the hell, there's nothing else on and I've been known to watch teenagers reveal their college choices so, why not? I hope, for the sake of ridiculousness, he has a table with a few hats in front of him and picks up a couple "wrong" ones before putting on the right one.

What time is this on?

Kingpin32
07-07-2010, 09:14 AM
I'll be at work, but if it comes on on ESPN 3, I'll probably watch. And I think it comes on 9 est/8 central.

AustinWolv
07-07-2010, 09:24 AM
There is no 'maybe' option? :)

I might watch out of curiosity although I lost faith and interest in the NBA years ago.

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Sadly yes. Even when I say no, I always end up watching it. :(

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 09:31 AM
There is no 'maybe' option? :)

I might watch out of curiosity although I lost faith and interest in the NBA years ago.

I did too for quite a few years when I was in college and a couple years after I graduated. Started following again about five years ago.

texacotea
07-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I think it bring eyes back on the NBA, not saying its a good thing. NBA needed something like this not saying that its was fading out but I dont think it is as big as it once was. I am a LBJ fan and will watch, anything that forms that can take Kobe and the lakers out I am a fan of. And like said earlier I watch teenagers decide what school they are chosing.

souljahbill
07-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I'll see it on Twitter or on ESPN.com.

morsdraconis
07-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I definitely don't plan on watching it.

Now, if I happen to be bored as hell that night with nothing to do and just happen to watch TV (not likely) then I might end up watching it.

But here's the ultimate question, WTF are they going to do for 59 minutes? LeBron is the biggest ego whore ever, I swear to god.

Chase
07-07-2010, 01:26 PM
But here's the ultimate question, WTF are they going to do for 59 minutes? LeBron is the biggest ego whore ever, I swear to god.

I think LeBron keeps his ego in pretty good check for someone with his status. MJ was definitely a lot worse than him, tbh. He would be getting this kind of attention regardless of how he played it. No real way to know his true intentions for the show, but all the profits go to a charity.

morsdraconis
07-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I think LeBron keeps his ego in pretty good check for someone with his status. MJ was definitely a lot worse than him, tbh. He would be getting this kind of attention regardless of how he played it. No real way to know his true intentions for the show, but all the profits go to a charity.

But he REQUESTED this "show". MJ wouldn't have done that at all. MJ didn't make a HUGE deal about him coming out of retirement and going to the Wizards. He just did it. He didn't do a freakin' hour long show about who he might go to.

LeBron is all ego. Always has been. The guy was called the greatest basketball player in the world at 16 for christ's sake.

UGA14
07-07-2010, 09:52 PM
I'll pass on this.

JeffHCross
07-07-2010, 09:54 PM
On the upside, it has been announced that LeBron will announce where he's going within the first 10 minutes. So at least we wouldn't have to sit through tease after tease after tease, plus the commercial breaks.

Kingpin32
07-07-2010, 10:03 PM
But he REQUESTED this "show". MJ wouldn't have done that at all. MJ didn't make a HUGE deal about him coming out of retirement and going to the Wizards. He just did it. He didn't do a freakin' hour long show about who he might go to.

LeBron is all ego. Always has been. The guy was called the greatest basketball player in the world at 16 for christ's sake.

Although that may be true. like Chase said, all the money they get from this goes to the Boys and Girls Club. So for Lebron, he looks like a humanitarian thats using his attention for charity. But his PR team is the real genius in the situation.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 12:34 AM
The "NO's" sure caught fire tonight. I'm still going to watch it, just to see what the other 59 minutes are about.

Jayrah
07-08-2010, 03:47 AM
I will watch but I already know the King is staying in Cleveland. Actually, I'll watch just so I can text my pathetic friends and say "told ya so"! Why would he leave? He is adored in his lifetime hometown. In 2 years Byron Scott will be the new Doc Rivers, and Cleveland will win a championship. Not to mention LB23 will be given whatever he wants by the upper level of the franchise as far as team goes. He's in a perfect situation. And I think the firing of Mike Brown is to blame, if you're a fan of any other team in the NBA that had a shot. I'm a Laker/Cavs fan, so I feel great.

steelerfan
07-08-2010, 04:12 AM
ESPN is reporting that LeBron is going to Miami. Not that they can be trusted. They'll probably report every other team too in the next 18 hours. Anyhow, they're saying LeBron is concerned about signing a 6 year deal with Cleveland and ending up "31 with bad knees and no title."

I really think it's BS that teams can go over the cap to sign minimum salary players. The NBA needs to address that and the sort of collusion that is happening in free agency. It's bad for an already diminishing game (my opinion) and destroys competitive balance. If Miami gets all 3 players, I hope they never win.

Rudy
07-08-2010, 05:12 AM
I voted yes but it could just as easily be a no. I'll probably watch the final 10 minutes to get the news as I can guarantee you I won't be watching more than that.

Rudy
07-08-2010, 05:14 AM
ESPN is reporting that LeBron is going to Miami. Not that they can be trusted. They'll probably report every other team too in the next 18 hours. Anyhow, they're saying LeBron is concerned about signing a 6 year deal with Cleveland and ending up "31 with bad knees and no title."

I really think it's BS that teams can go over the cap to sign minimum salary players. The NBA needs to address that and the sort of collusion that is happening in free agency. It's bad for an already diminishing game (my opinion) and destroys competitive balance. If Miami gets all 3 players, I hope they never win.

The NBA is the only sport out there where you really only need two good players and some decent scrubs to win a title. You only need 7 or 8 players in the playoffs. Every other sport needs to use a lot more of their bench. That's why the NBA is such a players league and coaches get hired and fired at incredible numbers. Players control that league.

steelerfan
07-08-2010, 07:39 AM
The NBA is the only sport out there where you really only need two good players and some decent scrubs to win a title. You only need 7 or 8 players in the playoffs. Every other sport needs to use a lot more of their bench. That's why the NBA is such a players league and coaches get hired and fired at incredible numbers. Players control that league.

Every word is correct.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I love it how Mike Greenberg says New York, the analysts say Miami, Cowherd says Cleveland :D :D :D

ebin
07-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I love it how Mike Greenberg says New York, the analysts say Miami, Cowherd says Cleveland :D :D :D

I think Minnesota is making a late push too! :D

texacotea
07-08-2010, 01:10 PM
will he have his mom and delonte west with him along with hats on a table?

steelerfan
07-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Honestly, it would be shitty to have this show in Cleveland and have him say he's leaving. If he leaves, there may be a serious riot. :popcorn:

texacotea
07-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Honestly, it would be shitty to have this show in Cleveland and have him say he's leaving. If he leaves, there may be a serious riot. :popcorn:

its not in cleveland is it?

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 01:44 PM
its not in cleveland is it?

No it's in CT.

Changed your name back? LOL

steelerfan
07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
No it's in CT.

Oh, I swear they said on Around the Horn yesterday it was in Cleveland. Damn.

Oh well....:popcorn:

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
From Bill Simmons @ ESPN :D

A few weeks after the 2008 Summer Olympics, Someone Who Knows Things told me the following rumor: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Chris Paul became such good friends during the 2007 Olympic trials, and then during their 2008 Olympics excursion in Beijing, that they actually made a pact in China to play together. You know, like one of those pacts in a chick flick where two friends agree to get married if both of them are single when they turn 40.

steelerfan
07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
From Bill Simmons @ ESPN :D

A few weeks after the 2008 Summer Olympics, Someone Who Knows Things told me the following rumor: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Chris Paul became such good friends during the 2007 Olympic trials, and then during their 2008 Olympics excursion in Beijing, that they actually made a pact in China to play together. You know, like one of those pacts in a chick flick where two friends agree to get married if both of them are single when they turn 40.

:D:D:D:sick:

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 04:58 PM
:D:D:D:sick:

You sure put the new smileys to good use :))

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
The show is in Greenwich, CT .... is HHH gonna come out?

texacotea
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
No it's in CT.

yea i did, guess im going through a mid-life crisis. just didnt feel right posting as something else....and he cant even get on either of the prime ESPN? espn3 thats garbage this is LBJ

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
If Stu Scott says "decision in just a few minutes" for the next 40 minutes .... I'll knock his eyesight straight.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 08:24 PM
where are the vuvuzela's for this LeBron special when we need them?

steelerfan
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
The city of Cleveland has declared bankruptcy.

psusnoop
07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
South Beach it is

psusnoop
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Just hearing the kids in the background sigh was a little disheartening to me.

steelerfan
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Don't worry Cleveland!

You still have the Browns and the Indians! :sick:

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I win $5 for betting with a co-worker...WOOO!

Deuce
07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I win $5 for betting with a co-worker...WOOO!

What's her name? ..and will she pay you in ones? ;)

Iron Dragon
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwKX4TGE4k

Here's what Cleveland thought of this.

I posted this video and when I wake up tomorrow I'm expecting a full-out comment-war (it's already starting).

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Well, at least all will once again be right with the universe! The Browns and Indians already suck, and now the Cavs will once again suck. Cleveland, welcome back to irrelevancy in professional sports. :D

JeffHCross
07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Smooth, you'll enjoy what I posted on Twitter.

Let's be honest here people ... it will break some kind of space-time-fabric-universal-constant if something good happens to Cleveland.
LeBron *can't* stay. For the sake of the universe. (As an Ohioan, I hope he does. It just doesn't seem plausible.)

HWill
07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
The Cavs message boards are UGLY right now. Sheesh.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Smooth, you'll enjoy what I posted on Twitter.

Let's be honest here people ... it will break some kind of space-time-fabric-universal-constant if something good happens to Cleveland.
LeBron *can't* stay. For the sake of the universe. (As an Ohioan, I hope he does. It just doesn't seem plausible.)

Nice! Yes, I do enjoy that, haha. I don't know why, I just get so much pleasure from watching my friends who are Cleveland fans suffer over and over and over again every year. :D Now that their only hope at a title (the Cavs) just got shot down, along with any continued actual success, all is finally right in the world in my opinion. :)

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 01:38 AM
What's her name? ..and will she pay you in ones? ;)

A week from Saturday...yes. LOL

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 01:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwKX4TGE4k

Here's what Cleveland thought of this.

I posted this video and when I wake up tomorrow I'm expecting a full-out comment-war (it's already starting).

That chick in white in the middle of the bar was hilarious......I think on ESPN during the live telecast she mouthed are you fucking kidding me.

Jayrah
07-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Well, I must say, I hate Miami even more now, haha. But I have 3 really good questions that noone is seeming to think about.

1: How is Miami going to react over the next 5 or 6 years when they DON'T win another title. Another "Big 3", ok. But they are not tailor made for the same game as the other "Big 3" were. There's still only so many possessions in a game, and with all the touches that Wade and LB23 need to play their game, it's gonna be a disaster in the playoffs. For the C's Ray Allen is ready made for running the baseline and off picks to free up an outside shot. He's always been like that, just on past teams he had to handle way too much with the talent. Pierce is made for creating and is very unselfish until he needs to be. Garnett is the perfect 1 on 1 mid range player at his position. But now for Miami, there is no Ray Allen. There are 2 Paul Pierces/Kobe's/Jordan's/Lebron's/Wade's. Who's going to be Scottie Pippen? It looks great on paper though, I will say that.

2: Can't wait to see Cleveland's next move. You think they will sit idly by with a new great coach and 120 mil of extra cap and say "we're done"? No sir. This is what the Cavs owner Gilbert had to say after the decision:
Gilbert told Cavs fans: "You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.
"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE..... I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only: DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...."

HAHAHA. I would guess he's going to get on the phone ..... 4 hours ago, and get a competitive team together, however it must be done. He's pissed! :D:D:D I want to see what he does over the weekend. He's fired up to make a huge splash, and now he's got the cash and space to do it. And I hope he does. I really like Cleveland. Always have. Since the days of Craig Ehlo with the blue and orange look.

3: Who's a solid star or 2 that want to go from a current crackpot losing squad to a perennial playoff contender? Lebron can't be replaced, but the Cavs still have Mo-Mo Williams, Shaq, Anthony Parker, and a solid defensive squad. With 1 big time or 2 consistent scorers, Cleveland can still contend on the big stage.

texacotea
07-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Why is cowardly betrayal? For the owner to come out and call him that and bash LBJ is stupid. LBJ needed out of cleveland he had way to much pressure there. Not saying he wont have pressure in South Beach, but he has player that can help him win. This "big 3" is good, I agree with the touches but I believe it will work. (maybe homer im a fan)

Would Cleveland made the playoffs without LBJ last year? No, they dont have a legitiment scorer now (that was proved in the playoffs) Shaq is done. Mo is streaky and cant be the #1 option.

souljahbill
07-09-2010, 06:38 AM
I think when it comes to LBJ, he's more like Magic then Michael. Yes, he can score when he wants (Magic was the same way) but I think he's at his best when he's creating for other people. Now he can handle the rock, freeing up space for Bosh in the post or D-Wade around the perimeter. You can't guard all 3. The Heat are gonna be lethal (barring injury) because they're going to get a lot of easy baskets with all the matchup problems they present.

Rudy
07-09-2010, 06:39 AM
I think LeBron is immature and this whole process was ridiculous.

I also lied in the poll. Turned out I never watched a second of this crap.

Chase
07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Cleveland had their chances to lay the ground work to retain James. Stoudemire and Bosh were both on the trading block earlier this season, instead they brought in.. Jamison (totally choked in the playoffs). They decided to rely on an aging Shaq in the post, and he ended up hurting them more than he helped when it counted most. Shaq is also a FA this summer, and I doubt he returns to a King-less Cleveland. Cleveland is as irrelevant as they were before James.

I think the smartest move would have been for James to go to Chicago, but I really was just hoping he left Cleveland. Thank you for the fans and owner to removing any doubt LBJ made the right choice in opting not to return.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 08:30 AM
I think LeBron is immature and this whole process was ridiculous.

I also lied in the poll. Turned out I never watched a second of this crap.

Atleast the Boys & Girls club got alot out of it. I have alot of memories being in the BG club growing up.

I'm glad Lebron got out of Cleveland, he wasn't going to win anything there but MVP's and those are about as good as All-Star game MVP awards. For the owner to come out and say all this BS was ridiculous. He's saying all of this after Lebron helped pull the team out of the gutter and made the team more money. If this was really how you felt why didn't you say it a year ago. Gilbert should have been saying these things about the coach that choked away atleast 2-3 years of playoff runs.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Thank you for the fans and owner to removing any doubt LBJ made the right choice in opting not to return.

Great point

Rudy
07-09-2010, 08:59 AM
One thing I don't want to hear out of these guys mouths is that they took "less money" to play together. Please. LeBron signed a 5 year deal at $19.8 million per year as opposed to a 6 year deal averaging $21 million. That's hardly a sacrifice. Furthermore, state taxes in Florida are low and might cancel each other out. Not to mention the extra endoresments he'll get in Miami. Both LeBron and Bosh can shut their pieholes when talking about taking less money.

As for the Cleveland owner, I think he makes fair points about LeBron quitting on his team (not the first to say it) and about his lack of professionalism in talking to the teams involved. But he's also a bit of a hypocrite for trying to woo Tom Izzo, a loyal guy at MSU, to Cleveland and then play the loyalty card to keep LeBron from leaving.

steelerfan
07-09-2010, 09:04 AM
This thread is now my favorite! :D

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 09:07 AM
As for the Cleveland owner, I think he makes fair points about LeBron quitting on his team (not the first to say it) and about his lack of professionalism in talking to the teams involved. But he's also a bit of a hypocrite for trying to woo Tom Izzo, a loyal guy at MSU, to Cleveland and then play the loyalty card to keep LeBron from leaving.

He's also a hypocrite for publically calling LeBron a "bum" for leaving Cleveland to try to win a championship. Dan Gilbert isn't from Ohio, he left his hometown to make his riches and achieve his goals too.

steelerfan
07-09-2010, 09:17 AM
The truly great players win in the situation they find themselves in. They don't have to pull this kind of crap to manufacture a win. I hope Miami chokes every year. Hell, I'll root for the M'F'n Lakers to beat them at this point. LeBron has tarnished any future talk of his greatness, IMO.

That being said.....HA HA Cleveland!

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Man, Dan Gilbert is really telling free agents to not come to Cleveland. He tells LeBron he has no loyalty, but he fires a coach that had the league's best record two years straight....forgot about that fact. This guy is an idiot.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Man the list could go on and on with Cavs in the playoffs and their team in general. Of course the owner would say he quit but he should have also noted some other facts in the blame game.

Mike Brown was the NBA's version of Scott Norwood. In 7 years their best additions were an old Shaq, who they tried to run the offense through instead of using him what he was brought in for and Jamison who was about as effective as the coach was. And not to forget "No Show Mo" Williams. The 2nd best and most consistent player on the team was Anderson Varejo who not to mention they signed to a unthinkable 6-year/$50 million contract!. The owner stated that his marquee player would have no say in who the next coach would be AND they brought in a new GM. He didn't say, "we could have tried to make a better effort for players" none of that. Cleveland was an overachieving team who had no business being as good (in the regular season) as they were but then again the players aren't playing all out anyway during then.

None of that sends signals to me that I would want to be a part of that team to just rot and be in the list of great players to never win a ring. In the end what does everyone care about winning?

HWill
07-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh react after reading Dan Gilbert's letter:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/127233030.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1278688637&Signature=HRqmntopQKfpmzZ91rR4%2FUsMgoo%3D

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh react after reading Dan Gilbert's letter:

If it's from ImageShack, it's blocked at work :(

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I assume it's taken from an all-star game but it's the three of them in some room with Wade & Bosh with huge laughter and LeBron with a lazy grin.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 10:03 AM

its a pic of them having the lol'z in their old team's warmups. :D

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the edit HWill :D that's good. I personally like all three players....so I'm not going to root for them to fail, until they face the Celtics.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 10:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=jalebron-100709

People want loyalty, as if that's going to cover things. Just imagine if LeBron spent an entire, title-free career in Cleveland. In 25 years, when the greats are gathered for a tribute to the all-time legends, the chatter could go like this:

"Hey, it's Tim Duncan, four-time champion."
"Look, it's Kobe, wearing all five of his rings."
"There's LeBron ... he was ... loyal."
Awkward silence.
"Have you seen KG?"

Haha

HWill
07-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the edit HWill :D that's good. I personally like all three players....so I'm not going to root for them to fail, until they face the Celtics.

Yeah, I couldn't see it when I posted it because I put the URL in wrong.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Ahhh thought it might have been something funny on ImageShack....oddly enough Photobucket is not blocked here at work.

texacotea
07-09-2010, 10:58 AM
The truly great players win in the situation they find themselves in. They don't have to pull this kind of crap to manufacture a win. I hope Miami chokes every year. Hell, I'll root for the M'F'n Lakers to beat them at this point. LeBron has tarnished any future talk of his greatness, IMO.

That being said.....HA HA Cleveland!

Great players get help and the front office in cleveland had 7 yrs to get someone in there to help him. This was the best thing, he already has money, and is the best player in the league. All he needs is rings to solidify his greatness. Kobe threatened to leave if they didnt get him any help, yet its ok for him to make those threats? LBJ needed help and he went somewhere that he will have help.

Lebron proved himself in cleveland. He did all he could there, you cant win a championship with one player.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Great post Tex

My wife I will admit is a band wagon fan. So I ordered the League Pass the last 4 years so she could watch EVERY Cavs game. They made no real thorough attempt to win a ring there IMO but they were fun to watch.

texacotea
07-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Great post Tex

My wife I will admit is a band wagon fan. So I ordered the League Pass the last 4 years so she could watch EVERY Cavs game. They made no real thorough attempt to win a ring there IMO but they were fun to watch.

Thanks.
Tired of everyone putting blame on Lebron, you play professional sports to win championships. And thats what he did, made a move to get him there.

I agree a very fun team to watch, and imagine how fun the heat are going to be to watch

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks.
Tired of everyone putting blame on Lebron, you play professional sports to win championships. And thats what he did, made a move to get him there.

I agree a very fun team to watch, and imagine how fun the heat are going to be to watch

Yeah anyone who calls him a turncoat for going to Miami is just hypocritical. I can understand some anger for a Cleveland fan....but at the same time, anyone would kill for the chance to be at the top of the world on their profession if given the chance.

texacotea
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Yeah anyone who calls him a turncoat for going to Miami is just hypocritical. I can understand some anger for a Cleveland fan....but at the same time, anyone would kill for the chance to be at the top of the world on their profession if given the chance.

Exactly, i do believe they will have to put him in protective custody for a while.

skipwondah33
07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks.

Yeah the thing that bothered me the most was what the owner had to say. The same one who has profitted over 100 million while Lebron was filling the seats.

Then he tried to play the teaching children game. As if showing kids what three superstars could do with teaming up with another instead of being greedy guys and signing where the money is doesn't mean much

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I think the owner is from Michigan, and just think....he about stole Izzo from Michigan State.....that would have devastated man MSU fans I bet. But he didn't care about that. But now it's turned around on him, and he's going to look back at this a year from now and say ... damn I fucked up.

SmoothPancakes
07-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah the thing that bothered me the most was what the owner had to say. The same one who has profitted over 100 million while Lebron was filling the seats.

Then he tried to play the teaching children game. As if showing kids what three superstars could do with teaming up with another instead of being greedy guys and signing where the money is doesn't mean much

Yeah, I personally will be hoping like hell that Miami plays Cleveland next year in the playoffs (before the Cavs officially fall back into irrelevancy forever) and then smoke the Lakers to win the Championship. I'd love to hear what Dan "talking out of my ass" Gilbert has to say then and why they didn't win his "GUARANTEED" championship before Lebron won one. Cleveland fans in this past 15 hours have shown that Lebron made exactly the right choice. They loved him while he was there because they were actually relevant, but now that he's gone, lets hate him, make threats, burn his jerseys in effigy, etc. These past 15 hours alone make me believe that they never even deserved so much as a single year of these past 7 years from him.

Jayrah
07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I personally will be hoping like hell that Miami plays Cleveland next year in the playoffs (before the Cavs officially fall back into irrelevancy forever) and then smoke the Lakers to win the Championship. I'd love to hear what Dan "talking out of my ass" Gilbert has to say then and why they didn't win his "GUARANTEED" championship before Lebron won one. Cleveland fans in this past 15 hours have shown that Lebron made exactly the right choice. They loved him while he was there because they were actually relevant, but now that he's gone, lets hate him, make threats, burn his jerseys in effigy, etc. These past 15 hours alone make me believe that they never even deserved so much as a single year of these past 7 years from him.

Ah, the passion of Cleveland. Beer bottles at refs on the field! hahaha. They've never really been good at reactions

steelerfan
07-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Meh. Any city would be irate to lose him.

And to be clear, tex, what I'm saying is MJ didn't have to leave what was a horrid Chicago franchise to win. He was patient and he made everyone around him better. Pippen proved to be a product of MJ when he couldn't produce in Houston. He had no chance of sniffing that 50th Anniversary team if it wasn't for MJ. MJ didn't have to go "New York Yankees" and "buy" his legacy.

I'm not saying I blame LeBron for wanting to win, I'm just saying it's cheapened if he wins this way. Like Bourque winning the Cup with Colorado.

As for Kobe, he is a POS.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 03:58 PM

And to be clear, tex, what I'm saying is MJ didn't have to leave what was a horrid Chicago franchise to win. He was patient and he made everyone around him better. Pippen proved to be a product of MJ when he couldn't produce in Houston. He had no chance of sniffing that 50th Anniversary team if it wasn't for MJ. MJ didn't have to go "New York Yankees" and "buy" his legacy.

I'm not saying I blame LeBron for wanting to win, I'm just saying it's cheapened if he wins this way. Like Bourque winning the Cup with Colorado.

Sure would be funny if Shaq comes back down to South Beach and ends up in the finals against the Lakers.

texacotea
07-09-2010, 05:38 PM

I dont think he cheapened his ways. He went to an orgnazation that is getting players together to win the ultimate prize in professional sports. The bulls made moves to get MJ help. Im saying its clevelands fault he is gone and I fault him none.

NatureBoy
07-10-2010, 08:32 AM
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9407/100709211617.png

steelerfan
07-10-2010, 01:25 PM
^ :D:D:D

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 05:48 PM
^ :D:D:D

....:D:D:D:P

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 05:54 PM

Not like that. It wasn't THAT they lost him, as HOW they lost him and WHY they lost him and HOW he handled it.

You sir are living in a parallel universe with this statement! :D

skipwondah33
07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Lets also not forgot who MJ and his team had the luxury of playing for. Only possibly the greatest coach in history Phil Jackson. Who also is coincidentally coaching another team and player to a possible 6 rings in Kobe and the Lakers.

So MJ and Kobe didn't need to leave for a better team and possiblity to win rings because the peices came to them.

Whats the biggest knock on LBJ? That he hasn't won any rings, well he knows that and wants to go to a team so he can attain those, but he still gets knocked. Dude can't win for losing.

No one is saying "oh man KG's ring in Boston doesn't mean much" or Ray Allen or Paul Pierce

steelerfan
07-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Not like that. It wasn't THAT they lost him, as HOW they lost him and WHY they lost him and HOW he handled it.

You sir are living in a parallel universe with this statement! :D

Ha! I was simply respondig to tex who commented that Kobe didn't catch flack for wanting a good team around him. I didn't mean to (nor did I) imply that Kobe and LeBron are similar.

steelerfan
07-10-2010, 09:35 PM
No one is saying "oh man KG's ring in Boston doesn't mean much" or Ray Allen or Paul Pierce

I'll just agree to disagree with you guys. I'm just not impressed by winning with a loaded deck. I don't hate LeBron, I don't even care about the NBA. I just don't care for the collusion. This hurts a league that has a bad reputation (see officiating), IMO.

skipwondah33
07-10-2010, 10:11 PM
This hurts a league that has a bad reputation (see officiating), IMO.

We can agree with this part ALL day

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Lets also not forgot who MJ and his team had the luxury of playing for. Only possibly the greatest coach in history Phil Jackson. Who also is coincidentally coaching another team and player to a possible 6 rings in Kobe and the Lakers.

So MJ and Kobe didn't need to leave for a better team and possiblity to win rings because the peices came to them.

Whats the biggest knock on LBJ? That he hasn't won any rings, well he knows that and wants to go to a team so he can attain those, but he still gets knocked. Dude can't win for losing.

The difference with the C's is that none of them had a ring before they got together. Also Ray and Paul were older. Not that you don't have a point to some extent but it's different. If Lebron goes to Chicago with Bosh it's not the same. Neither of them and nobody on Chicago has a ring. Also, we're talking 3 players here that otherwise get max contracts. All 3 are arguably best in the league at their position. If Kobe's rings were diminished with Shaq's dominance (in many opinions anyway), then this has to diminish any legacy for Bosh or Lebron, if there is one to be made.

By the way, to me, the biggest knock on LBJ is not the rings. It's his inconsistent playoff performance, which had nothing to do with his team. And I'm not talking about the owner ripping him, it's been like that his whole career. Even when they made the finals, he never showed, and they got swept. Honestly, until that part of his game changes, forget winning any type of ring with Miami, or anybody. He just has his hands on the ball too much to not show up and have his team win. And it's not a ball hog situation, that's just what he's gotta do.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Sure would be funny if Shaq comes back down to South Beach and ends up in the finals against the Lakers.

Haha, and Kobe thought that the Boston series was physical....

morsdraconis
07-11-2010, 10:46 AM
The difference with the C's is that none of them had a ring before they got together. Also Ray and Paul were older. Not that you don't have a point to some extent but it's different. If Lebron goes to Chicago with Bosh it's not the same. Neither of them and nobody on Chicago has a ring. Also, we're talking 3 players here that otherwise get max contracts. All 3 are arguably best in the league at their position. If Kobe's rings were diminished with Shaq's dominance (in many opinions anyway), then this has to diminish any legacy for Bosh or Lebron, if there is one to be made.

By the way, to me, the biggest knock on LBJ is not the rings. It's his inconsistent playoff performance, which had nothing to do with his team. And I'm not talking about the owner ripping him, it's been like that his whole career. Even when they made the finals, he never showed, and they got swept. Honestly, until that part of his game changes, forget winning any type of ring with Miami, or anybody. He just has his hands on the ball too much to not show up and have his team win. And it's not a ball hog situation, that's just what he's gotta do.

I completely agree and have been saying that for a while. I've personally never liked LeBron. Always though the hype machine carried him along further than he deserved.

My main issue with all of this is, how the hell is Bosh one of the best in league when the dude's performance doesn't even come close to getting his team to the playoffs? Bosh may be good and all, but I don't see him being worth even the contract he's going to get in Miami. He's definitely going to be the third wheel in that situation.

The main difference between this and the Celtics' big three is this: Even in their prime, not even KG was of the caliber of player that LeBron and Wade are. Ray Allen has never been a superstar. He's just a deadly 3 point shooter with a bit of dribble penetration skills. Pierce has been consistently decent but nothing to the caliber of Wade. And KG was putting up numbers in his prime like Bosh is now, but he never was superstar quality.

What the Celtics did was trade for two complimentary players that fit the style of basketball they play and then build around those three players.

I can't wait to see what minimum contract players Pat Riley suckers in to going to Miami.

skipwondah33
07-11-2010, 01:11 PM
In the end I think a ring is a ring as is a W is a W. None of MJ's are marked with an asterisk (rightfully so), none of Pippen's are marked with asterisk, nor are Kobe's even though he's won with the best big men in basketball all 5 rings. If Lebron wins in Miami his shouldnt either or hurt his legacy towards greatness. Like he said an individual becomes a superstar and a team wins a championship.

You know like I said I've watched all but 5-6 Cav games in the last 4 years and a good portion of Laker games as well. Lebron is/has been inconsistent in the playoffs but their is a bigger culprit than he was. And that was the coach. How many people remember the Detroit series of 2006? or the Orlando series of 2009? or even this past Boston series. The man can't make adjustments to save his life. Its like night and day watching Doc or Phil coach. His only plays for Lebron has been an Iso around the top of the key or elbow for years. Which defenses simply just pack the lane and dare the other 4 players to beat them which not a damn one they have signed has been able to do.

I'm not a Cavs fan or fan of any team, I just like to watch good clean (none ref assisted) basketball. I will enjoy watching Bron play with players whom don't choke frequently and a different minded coach. Can't wait to see what the new coach will do with the Bulls and their improved team. Gotta make sure my LP subscription will still be active for this year lol

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 01:19 PM
:D :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c

NatureBoy
07-17-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVyvrgqVi8&feature=player_embedded

:D I like this one too JB.

DariusLock
07-17-2010, 09:48 PM
LMFAO!! Those videos are great!

ram29jackson
07-27-2010, 05:28 PM
LOL at the media pushing a story that a 25 year old hurt a city's feelings because of his ability to dribble a ball.

JBHuskers
07-30-2010, 09:13 AM
:D :D :D :D :D audio NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqDKX9i81k

morsdraconis
07-30-2010, 11:46 AM
:D

Hilarious! I'm glad other people are starting to see what a self-centered prick Lebron is and are treating his "fans" the same way.

Here's an article about it too. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Don-t-wear-LeBron-s-Heat-jersey-in-Cleveland-le;_ylt=AtvqWUvzjjjO5oLt5te12fu8vLYF?urn=nba-259026)

I can't believe no one posted the article about Lebron and his "crew" being the reason that Chris Paul requested a trade from New Orleans. That was the most unbelievable shit I've ever seen. Chris Paul, one of the nicest and well respected guys in New Orleans (and one that REALLY helped that community get picked up back when Katrina happened), has the stones to ask for a trade from an organization that tried it's damnedest to get guys to come there and win (wasn't the organizations fault that they year that truly had a chance to do something, half their team got injured).