PDA

View Full Version : Championship Week, 2011

Oneback
01-17-2012, 11:01 AM
=============== #4 Arkansas Razorbacks (11-1) ===============
Last week the Razorbacks were idle.
This week, the Razorbacks are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Brett Richard has committed to Arkansas

=============== #5 Clemson Tigers (10-2) ===============
Last week the Tigers were idle.
This week, the Tigers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Brett Richard has committed to Arkansas

=============== #17 Miami Hurricanes (10-2) ===============
Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
This week, the Hurricanes are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Rodney Anderson has committed to Michigan
- (***) DT Andrew Ridgeway has committed to Miami
- (****) HB Joe Leonard has committed to Miami

=============== #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (11-1) ===============
Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Indianapolis to face the #6 Texas Longhorns (10-2).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Marcus Beverly has committed to Michigan State
- (***) RE Chris Patterson has committed to Penn State
- (***) DT Josh Long has committed to Penn State

=============== #7 Stanford Cardinal (10-2) ===============
Last week the Cardinal were idle.
This week, the Cardinal travel to Los Angeles to face the #2 USC Trojans (11-1).

=============== #6 Texas Longhorns (10-2) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns will host #3 Penn State (11-1).

=============== #2 USC Trojans (11-1) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans will host #7 Stanford (10-2).

psuexv
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM
So this is interesting. Clemson was ahead of Stanford in the standings last week and they have the head to head against them, but I'm playing Stanford?

psusnoop
01-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Color me confused, in at a loss as to why that happened :dunno:

Escobar
01-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I wish this would have happened before they went to Orlando. Maybe they could have gotten us an answer.

psusnoop
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I wish this would have happened before they went to Orlando. Maybe they could have gotten us an answer.

Everyone that goes is in constant fluid contact with the Dev team. I'm sure OB will pass this along very soon but I know he is sick right now. I'll be sure to mention to Gschwendt and JB when I call them tonight too.

JeffHCross
01-18-2012, 09:00 PM
I'd pass it along myself, except I'm not privy to who's doing what this year.

I'd say it's probably simple bug though. Something in the tiebreaker code that didn't work quite right.

Pac-12 tiebreakers are head to head (obviously Clemson), division record (I assume this was the same), and record against next highest team in the division (Stanford might win there) ... but obviously it shouldn't have gone past head-to-head. Bug.

Escobar
01-19-2012, 09:41 PM
I was undefeated in the division. I lost to two South teams, lol

JeffHCross
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I was undefeated in the division.Uhm ... isn't Stanford in your division?

Anyway, I only said "may win" because I don't know what the actual division setups were, so I was guessing.

psuexv
01-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Uhm ... isn't Stanford in your division?

Anyway, I only said "may win" because I don't know what the actual division setups were, so I was guessing.

He beat Stanford

fsuprime
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
yea it was dumb for me to be there. What is everyone's thoughts on changing teams? did we even discuss this yet? I would like to go home to fsu lol.

psuexv
01-20-2012, 09:21 AM
yea it was dumb for me to be there. What is everyone's thoughts on changing teams? did we even discuss this yet? I would like to go home to fsu lol.

What was dumb was the way you beat me :D

psusnoop
01-20-2012, 10:00 AM
That was a blast night Oneback, hated coming up on the short end there in triple OT but atleast I know we both played a very good game that didn't involve the CPU "cheating" us out of anything.

Really was quite the chess match too. I didn't really threaten you offensively but defensively I tried to mix things up to atleast keep you honest. Just glad I was able to get home on some of the blitzes that I threw at you to force some key punts on my side of the field. Under 500yds total offense and 13 punts with each team under 28% on third down tells the whole story in my opinion. It came down to a matter of wills that is for sure.

Papa LoneStar
01-20-2012, 02:34 PM

I would be ok with it....whatever it takes makes people happy. If somebody wanted Oklahoma or Texas A&M....I'll gladly go to Michigan or Ohio State. Hopefully that offer can get that last spot filled in the next few days.

Oneback
01-20-2012, 04:26 PM
We've got one for sure, possibly two people ready to fill vacancies/add another player.

Oneback
01-20-2012, 04:39 PM
That was a blast night Oneback, hated coming up on the short end there in triple OT but atleast I know we both played a very good game that didn't involve the CPU "cheating" us out of anything.

Really was quite the chess match too. I didn't really threaten you offensively but defensively I tried to mix things up to atleast keep you honest. Just glad I was able to get home on some of the blitzes that I threw at you to force some key punts on my side of the field. Under 500yds total offense and 13 punts with each team under 28% on third down tells the whole story in my opinion. It came down to a matter of wills that is for sure.

It was a crazy close game - I knew at one point you were going to beat me deep to Moye, there was too big of a height mis-match there. I kept trying to time it right and either force a throw or get a sack when you were looking to go deep. Worked a few times, but the time you hit it I was playing straight Cover 1. Although it kept me cognizant of it for the rest of the game. If I remember correctly the next series you had you were able to get a little bit of your running game going.

I do take pride in the fact that Redd won the Heisman but in the two games against me he rushed for 69 yards on 31 carries and zero touchdowns and the fact that total in our two games I limited you to 296 total yards on offense. However, despite the dominate defensive performances and the fact that I gained over 300 yards in both games they were both close games - our first was a lot closer than the score indicated and I knew I was in for a dogfight this game without home field advantage.

It'll be interesting to see how next season plays out. I've got a very young team with a lot of good talent on the roster and coming in, just need to build up my offensive line and restock what I am losing on defense (3 players).

ryby6969
01-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I just need some playmakers on defense. I was down torwards the bottom of the nation in turnovers. I hope I can keep my impact underclassmen to stay to help a rather lackluster recruiting class thus far. It really is amazing how much that 1 star means in terms of recruiting.

Prime, I think you need to stay so I can have my pick of recruits in Florida for a few seasons! ;)

JeffHCross
01-20-2012, 10:47 PM
He beat StanfordBa-ha. Yeah. Somehow I completely forgot that.

Clearly a bug, no matter what.

I would be ok with it....whatever it takes makes people happy. If somebody wanted Oklahoma or Texas A&M....I'll gladly go to Michigan or Ohio State. Hopefully that offer can get that last spot filled in the next few days.No. You get Arkansas. We've discussed this. :P

Papa LoneStar
01-22-2012, 09:46 AM
No. You get Arkansas. We've discussed this. :P

Haha....I am down with staying. I should be 11-2 (unless Prime can't handle cpu Arkansas). I should be a 5* prestige next season....recruiting with a 4* team has taught me to stop trying to stack 10-12 5* and search for the 3* and 4* to build depth....plus they are easier to recruit. That way I can attack three to five 5* once they have interest (I better have WRs and LBs interested I know THAT).

ryby6969
01-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Hell, all that want to go to Miami right now are Wr's!

Papa LoneStar
01-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Haha....if Wilson leaves....with two 90+ WRs guaranteed to be on my roster....plus a running QB....I will try my hand with the spread next year. Either Oregon or Mississippi State's playbook.

ryby6969
01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Hell, I will have so many receivers I will not know what to do. Speaking of which, what are the rules on talking people into staying? I know we have discussed different things but not sure if we had decided on anything.

Oneback
01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
We haven't really decided, now is good as any to decide.