PDA

View Full Version : IGN's NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Preview

gschwendt
07-06-2010, 08:08 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?234-IGN-s-NCAA-Football-11-Online-Dynasty-Preview

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0702/vg_usc_576.jpg

NCAA Football 11: Online Dynasty Preview
The next generation of building your collegiate powerhouse has arrived.

Building a "Dynasty" on a single console all by your lonesome was always a bit of an oxymoron in early NCAA Football titles. After all, shouldn't a dynasty be seen by more than one person? In recent years, EA Sports has opened things up to the world of online multiplayer and have allowed fans to join up and compete with their favorite college teams in a league of their own creation. New to NCAA Football 11's Online Dynasty Mode is the ability to manage your squad from quite literally anywhere in the world with either a laptop or one of the many iDevices currently on the market.

I've spent the last week and a half toying around the new Online Dynasty Mode and have been very pleased with the mode's overall performance. Currently I have one public and one private dynasty. The private league has members of the media filling out the ranks, while my public league contains only my Florida State Seminoles and any other folks lucky enough to score an early copy of NCAA 11. Needless to say, the public dynasty moved at a much quicker pace as I was the commissioner, meaning I had control over when the dynasty would advance. Since I didn't know any of the other players personally, I had little issue advancing weeks whenever my team was ready.

Click the link above to read the rest of the article as well as watch the videos included. The first video doesn't seem to be cooperating at the moment but for now, if you click on the text below it, you should be able to find the video it references.

Kingpin32
07-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Aww I had just posted that too at the exact same time lol.

gschwendt
07-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Aww I had just posted that too at the exact same time lol.

Yeah... but mine is prettier.

Kingpin32
07-06-2010, 08:18 PM

Yeah yeah, I should throw a picture in mine too then. And maybe change the color of the font too lol

JBHuskers
07-06-2010, 08:28 PM

He's got the hammer too :D

JBHuskers
07-06-2010, 08:30 PM
In all seriousness, the bug that was mentioned about a server error and losing time has definitely been reported. Good thing about stuff on the web, it can be fixed on the fly.

Jayrah
07-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Good stuff. Luckily for 12 us @ TGT, I think we're in a responsible dynasty here. I'm in 3 :D. 1 here, 1 at TF, and one with my bro. 1 week BABY!

JeffHCross
07-06-2010, 09:18 PM
The bug of being able to invite players after you've played your game, as long as you haven't advanced, is interesting. From my reading of the article, that's only a bug with the web interface. That would make a little more sense, since the in-game interface blocked you from doing that last year.

That would be a pretty nasty cheat/bug if that didn't get updated before release.

JeffHCross
07-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Good thing about stuff on the web, it may be fixed on the fly.Fixed. Only so many things can be easily fixed, even on a web interface. If there are hooks into the code on the retail disk, that limits the amount of potential fixes. Given that Online Dynasty first existed on the consoles, then the web, I bet the amount of things that can be fixed is more limited than we'd like.

That said, I do think the things mentioned in this article should all be fixable.

Kingpin32
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
He's got the hammer too :D

Thats what she said.

JBHuskers
07-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Thats what she said.

Well put!

http://cubiclefarm.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/michael-scott-steve-carell.png

beartide06
07-06-2010, 11:21 PM
This is going to be amazing I must say. It will be so user friendly and so easy to access. Now, at the bottom it says that the release date will be July 10th? How are all these people getting the release dates messed up?

gschwendt
07-06-2010, 11:28 PM
This is going to be amazing I must say. It will be so user friendly and so easy to access. Now, at the bottom it says that the release date will be July 10th? How are all these people getting the release dates messed up?
I believe they mean the official launch date for the Dynasty Wire site. I assume they're still working on it through this week before they officially launch version 1.0 this weekend. That's likely the reason that you can't find the dynasties that we're participating in.

beartide06
07-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah that is probably right. I should have figured that out by myself since this is the Dynasty wire blog lol. Well, I can't wait until it goes live either so that I can check it out and experiment.