PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 OD - 2013: Week 1

cdj
12-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Happy New Year!

User v User Games:
USC (novadolla) at Hawai'i (JBHuskers)
Washington State (clw) at Texas A&M (dukie98)

We will advance again on Monday, January 2.

gschwendt
12-30-2011, 06:29 PM
The Syracuse Orange picked up right where it left off despite the long offseason defeating Maryland 30-13. The Orange defense returned to form forcing five total interceptions in the game including four interceptions.

JBHuskers
12-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Nova what's your tomorrow and Sunday look like, as of right now I'm free pretty much on both.

novadolla
12-30-2011, 08:33 PM
i am free also, i'm also free tonight if u want

JBHuskers
12-30-2011, 10:15 PM
i am free also, i'm also free tonight if u want

If you're around say at 11 or 11:30 central....I'm watching the UFC fight right now.

novadolla
12-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Yes i will be around, just post here when ready, ill keep checking

JBHuskers
12-30-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm here now. I'll fire it up.

novadolla
12-30-2011, 11:48 PM
ok loggin on

JBHuskers
12-31-2011, 12:57 AM
Four turnovers in the red zone won't help my team out, but I was pretty happy with the offensive performance getting over 300 yards passing and rushing, but lost to #10 USC (Novadolla) 34-3. A- team vs. a C team so it was pretty elementary. GG!

CLW
12-31-2011, 07:49 AM
dukie i'm fairly available until tuesday when i have to return to work. let me know what works best for you. thanks!

DariusLock
12-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Finished the dreaded week 1 Bye.

novadolla
12-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Four turnovers in the red zone won't help my team out, but I was pretty happy with the offensive performance getting over 300 yards passing and rushing, but lost to #10 USC (Novadolla) 34-3. A- team vs. a C team so it was pretty elementary. GG!

That was great execution on your behalf, if it wasnt for the turnovers it would of been a whole diff ball game, which is very disappointing considering i have much superior talent.

HANDSWARD
01-01-2012, 12:58 PM
UAB gets off to a good start with a win over Troy 51-24.... and then I get "Error downloading gameplay tuning" crap loading out of game. I'm too pissed to play it again at the moment. I will get it in later tonight.

cdj
01-01-2012, 01:53 PM
UAB gets off to a good start with a win over Troy 51-24.... and then I get "Error downloading gameplay tuning" crap loading out of game. I'm too pissed to play it again at the moment. I will get it in later tonight.

Ugh. I got that once before after a big win.....very, very frustrating. This is where a commish option to make sure certain users get a 'sim win' on advance would be extremely helpful.

HANDSWARD
01-01-2012, 09:23 PM
UAB played keep away from the Troy offense to grab a 42-35 victory. With 242 yards on the ground and a T.O.P. advantage of 19:30 to 8:30, UAB made sure the Troy offense didn't have time to beat them. Troy still managed to throw the ball for 382 yards against UAB's swiss cheese secondary. The win is nice, but if UAB has to put up 42 to win every week, it is gonna be another long season. The O is running on a true freshman QB and a pretty horrible O-line that is 1 injury away from being a disaster of an O-line. The D needs to step it up.

HANDSWARD
01-01-2012, 09:29 PM
This is where a commish option to make sure certain users get a 'sim win' on advance would be extremely helpful.

You could take it a step further and have a "Manual-Sim" feature, where you could control the outcomes and statistics of any game. Would be nice when it came to making sure the really good CPU teams are involved in the National Championship picture.

Dukie98
01-02-2012, 12:18 PM
A&M held off a pesky Washington State squad, 21-14 behind 214 rushing yards and 2 TD's from Mister Jones. :Texas_A&M: relied on a stout defense and a strong running game, and virtually ignored the passing game in the second half, passing for just 27 yards on the day. :Washington_State: attempted to establish the running game early on, but the Aggies' defense consistently stuffed the run, forcing the Cougars to shift to a short passing game. Although Wazzu was able to move the ball, four interceptions (plus a first-half goal line stand) proved to be the difference in the game.

A&M opened up a 14-6 lead late in the third quarter, after Jones broke a tackle and ripped off a 35-yard touchdown. The Cougars marched downfield and scored on a ten-yard pass with five minutes left, and they connected on the two-point conversion to tie the game at 14. After the teams traded punts, Jones scampered for a 49-yard run with less than three minutes left to move the ball into Cougar territory, and five plays later, he punched it in from the one-yard line with about 1:40 left. After a strong kickoff return by Washington State, cornerback Floyd Raven declared "Nevermore!" and intercepted Connor Holliday on the first play of the drive to seal the victory.

Good game, CLW.

CLW
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
A&M held off a pesky Washington State squad, 21-14 behind 214 rushing yards and 2 TD's from Mister Jones. :Texas_A&M: relied on a stout defense and a strong running game, and virtually ignored the passing game in the second half, passing for just 27 yards on the day. :Washington_State: attempted to establish the running game early on, but the Aggies' defense consistently stuffed the run, forcing the Cougars to shift to a short passing game. Although Wazzu was able to move the ball, four interceptions (plus a first-half goal line stand) proved to be the difference in the game.

A&M opened up a 14-6 lead late in the third quarter, after Jones broke a tackle and ripped off a 35-yard touchdown. The Cougars marched downfield and scored on a ten-yard pass with five minutes left, and they connected on the two-point conversion to tie the game at 14. After the teams traded punts, Jones scampered for a 49-yard run with less than three minutes left to move the ball into Cougar territory, and five plays later, he punched it in from the one-yard line with about 1:40 left. After a strong kickoff return by Washington State, cornerback Floyd Raven declared "Nevermore!" and intercepted Connor Holliday on the first play of the drive to seal the victory.

Good game, CLW.

Excellent game man, in the end you just had too much talent on the field. I wanted to try to limit the # of plays and try to work the clock with a running game but your front 7 would have none of it. My D played pretty well but Jones made 5 or so huge runs where I had him for either a loss in the backfield or a short gain only for him to break the tackle and break loose in the secondary. I was actually pretty happy with the D but obviously I am going to have to cut out the stupid throws if I am going to be competitive this season.

BTW I think everyone is ready to advance now that our game has been played.

DariusLock
01-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Yes everyone is ready. On another note I know Floyd Raven, he was suppose to come to ole miss lol.

Dukie98
01-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Yes everyone is ready. On another note I know Floyd Raven, he was suppose to come to ole miss lol.

Tell him he earned a game ball yesterday...