PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 11 Pre-release Sliders?

jaymo76
07-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I am curious if the community members who have received the game already have had a chance to play with the sliders? Once I get the game it usually takes me a good TEN games before I start my dynasty in order to tweak the sliders to my liking. I always play on AA and plan to do so this as well.

For those of you with the game, can you tell us what slider changes you have made? I realise you can't explain WHY but I am really interested to see a list of what you are using. From the experience with the demo I think I will need to spend a lot of time with:

1. Game speed slider (personal preference???)
2. Human pass rush
3 Pass D/ Interceptions (human and cpu)
4. Hum/cpu passing game

If you aren't at liberty to say, no worries. I look forward to hearing your impressions on the 9th:cool:

gschwendt
07-03-2010, 09:16 PM
So far I haven't actually adjusted any of the sliders on default All-American; I'm getting entertaining games on the default. However, I have some things in mind that I may tweak but for now it's probably best not to say anything.

jaymo76
07-04-2010, 01:26 PM
So far I haven't actually adjusted any of the sliders on default All-American; I'm getting entertaining games on the default. However, I have some things in mind that I may tweak but for now it's probably best not to say anything.

That's great to hear! I have found AA games in the demo to be fairly challenging. I look forward to seeing how the demo and retail play differently of defense, especially cpu play.

Rudy
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
At first I found AA to be too easy. Maybe it was just a fluke the first few games or I have just sucked lately because AA has been more competitive.

jaymo76
07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
At first I found AA to be too easy. Maybe it was just a fluke the first few games or I have just sucked lately because AA has been more competitive.

Varsity plays well but it's far too easy AND Heisman (aka computer cheating) drives me nuts. I stricly play AA but in this years demo it has been a good challenge. I have lost a fair shre of games. Neddless to say, before the release I will need to work on my ball handling skills:o

JeffHCross
07-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Jaymo at all, be on the look out for a lot of sliders discussion to be occurring on TGT as we get closer to (and after) release.

Rudy
07-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Can it be confirmed now that the slider system is exactly the same as last year? I've heard there are no differences.

Solidice
07-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Can it be confirmed now that the slider system is exactly the same as last year? I've heard there are no differences.

based on the screenshots at OS, the sliders are the same in name(not sure about their effects). they did place all the sliders on one "page" though. all the human slider on the screen at once(not separated by offense, defense, special teams), same for CPU sliders.

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah... I believe they're pretty much the same this year. They did add in the game speed setting and also the speed differential slider.

Rudy
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys.

Roy38
07-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I'll be watching for information as well. The main thing I'm looking for is a game that plays "fair". I want a competitive CPU that tests me offensively and defensively but doesn't feel cheap in the process. I should be able to dominate weak teams with premier programs and struggle against elite teams. I'll play on whatever difficulty level that provides a competent but fair game.

jaymo76
07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I'll be watching for information as well. The main thing I'm looking for is a game that plays "fair". I want a competitive CPU that tests me offensively and defensively but doesn't feel cheap in the process. I should be able to dominate weak teams with premier programs and struggle against elite teams. I'll play on whatever difficulty level that provides a competent but fair game.

I love NCAA but it's been years and years since this has been a reality. Let's hope that 11 changes all that.

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Jaymo at all, be on the look out for a lot of sliders discussion to be occurring on TGT as we get closer to (and after) release.Here we go ...
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Community-Sliders-Project