PDA

View Full Version : The Anything Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Well guys....here we go. Post anything you like, dislike, need to vent, laugh, cry, blah blah blah. I know people have lots to say and it'd be better to waste time in here then make a simple little thread about it.

First off for me......Instant Messages (AOL, MSN, Yahoo)

The thing I cannot stand is someone IMing me and then suddenly it's on me to carry the whole conversation. They barely say a peep at all and then IM you 30 minutes later asking what you're doing. I think you may call them online friends out of pity. *shrug*

Simple lil start to a simple lil thread.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I was wondering if we were going to see this pop up on here sometime. :D

Well, what the hell, I'll rant. I want to know what the hell is the attraction to people setting off fricking fireworks in the neighborhood at 1 in the freaking morning! Some of us do have to get up at 4am on Saturday mornings for work, and being that I'm live on the radio during my morning show for a couple hours, I'd prefer to get a full night's sleep instead of being woken up every hour or two by idiots setting off loud ass fireworks, which aren't even legal to be set off inside the city, and I'm wanting to believe the entire state as well (only sparklers and smoke bombs can be set off in Ohio if I remember correctly), except during the actual, professional fireworks shows.

I understand it's the 4th of July weekend and everything, but seriously! Setting them off during the day, the evening, etc, if you so desire, fine. But there is no reason to be setting them after 1 in the morning when people are trying to sleep, and when some people have to get up early for work. Apparently the lack of common sense pandemic sweeping this nation isn't going to end anytime soon.

HWill
07-03-2010, 05:46 PM

Well, what the hell, I'll rant. I want to know what the hell is the attraction to people setting off fricking fireworks in the neighborhood at 1 in the freaking morning! Some of us do have to get up at 4am on Saturday mornings for work, and being that I'm live on the radio during my morning show for a couple hours, I'd prefer to get a full night's sleep instead of being woken up every hour or two by idiots setting off loud ass fireworks, which aren't even legal to be set off inside the city, and I'm wanting to believe the entire state as well (only sparklers and smoke bombs can be set off in Ohio if I remember correctly), except during the actual, professional fireworks shows.

I understand it's the 4th of July weekend and everything, but seriously! Setting them off during the day, the evening, etc, if you so desire, fine. But there is no reason to be setting them after 1 in the morning when people are trying to sleep, and when some people have to get up early for work. Apparently the lack of common sense pandemic sweeping this nation isn't going to end anytime soon.

I guess you wouldn't like me then. I'm usually finished by 12:30am, but it depends on how much I buy.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 05:50 PM
lol, well i did run it by a mod first and got the ok so i said, fuck yeah, why not?

Run wild, do whatever.

SmoothPancakes
07-03-2010, 06:00 PM
I guess you wouldn't like me then. I'm usually finished by 12:30am, but it depends on how much I buy.

Well, I can understand going into the early night, between 10pm and even maybe as late as midnight, but setting them off at 1am, 2am, 3am, etc, is getting ridiculous, at least in my town, where it's illegal to set off any fireworks after a certain time at night, and especially in my neighborhood, where it seems like pretty much everyone is in bed and asleep by probably midnight or so.

Deuce
07-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Beer is good.

steelerfan
07-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Beer is good.

Seconded.

HuskerBlitz
07-03-2010, 08:58 PM
And people are crazy...

cdj
07-03-2010, 10:33 PM
lol, well i did run it by a mod first and got the ok so i said, why not?

Who said OK? I need to know who to reprimand! :D Just playing....Being public, it shouldn't and won't get abused.

Anyone else dislike AMC theaters? Hadn't been to one in years as they are more expensive than the other theater in market, Marcus Theatres. Had a $4 coupon on refreshments for AMC and thought I'd do some shopping in the area. Well, the money on the coupon was wiped out by the higher ticket cost ...and this ended up being an AMC theater not participating in the coupon offer. The refreshment prices were sky high plus the place was dirty. It'll be years before I even think of going to an AMC theater again.

Flav
07-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Anyone else dislike AMC theaters? Hadn't been to one in years as they are more expensive than the other theater in market, Marcus Theatres. Had a $4 coupon on refreshments for AMC and thought I'd do some shopping in the area. Well, the money on the coupon was wiped out by the higher ticket cost ...and this ended up being an AMC theater not participating in the coupon offer. The refreshment prices were sky high plus the place was dirty. It'll be years before I even think of going to an AMC theater again.

You saw Twilight, didn't you?

cdj
07-03-2010, 10:50 PM

How did you know? I'm partial to Team Jacob. ;) Actually saw Knight & Day. Not bad, but not good either. Wait for it on HBO.

Kingpin32
07-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Well my rant for the day is that it has not stopped raining in Lubbock since Thursday. I feel like if I go outside I'll drown out there.

skipwondah33
07-03-2010, 11:14 PM

You know I can't lie I finally made it through the first one and it was actually entertaining. Didn't see the 2nd or 3rd one but I'll check them out eventually.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I've seen twilight and new moon in theatres. I owed the g/f a couple of movie go's so she chose those. I might be able to get out of seeing Eclipse, i'm really hoping her girlfriends take her out to the theatre and see it a few times so it'll be out of her system.

It's what i get for making her see halloween 2 and some other crap movie. lol.

The whole cast is terrible with such cheesey dialogue that it actually helped me to make it through. I just viewed it as a comedy.

lilheavy
07-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Wearing shades/sunglasses indoors, mainly in clubs and other dark places. WHATS UP WITH THAT :confused:

Only a certain few can get away with this: Jack Nicholson, Shaft, Blues Brothers and a few others but for the rest, unless they are prescription....WTH!

http://marieclairvoyant.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/02AAF67B-1ED2-4869-A9F6-3479E406E9FA1.jpeg
http://www.blackcelebkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/terrell.jpg
http://sargesuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/hwdoucebags01ok1.jpg

JeffHCross
07-04-2010, 01:22 AM
The thing I cannot stand is someone IMing me and then suddenly it's on me to carry the whole conversation.I had a friend who would always chastize me for not calling her, but she wouldn't call me. It was always on me to initiate the phone call.

Nothingface
07-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Not a good day. Drinkin some beer, watching people act a fool outside already....main problem.....i think i've pissed like 13 times today. really kills the beer mood.

JBHuskers
07-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Not a good day. Drinkin some beer, watching people act a fool outside already....main problem.....i think i've pissed like 13 times today. really kills the beer mood.

Are you pregnant? :D

Nothingface
07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
haha. If i hit 14 i'd consider keeping the child.

Nothingface
07-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Who here has ncaa 10 and is willing to play?

Iron Dragon
07-04-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm tired.

HWill
07-04-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm tired.

Same here.

morsdraconis
07-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Why is it that when people play FPSs they have to camp? WTF do you get out of camping? Why is that fun for you? Fuck you, you camping bitches.

UGA14
07-05-2010, 01:12 AM
It's a strategy. Not everyone wants to hyper-reflex run around in a game like COD. Of course I play Project Reality mod on BF2 so "camping" is more of the strategy.

morsdraconis
07-05-2010, 01:17 AM
It's a strategy. Not everyone wants to hyper-reflex run around in a game like COD. Of course I play Project Reality mod on BF2 so "camping" is more of the strategy.

Sure it's a "strategy" but how is that fun? How it fun waiting around a freakin' corner for a minute only to shoot someone as they step through the door? What possible pleasure can you get out of that?

I mean, sure, it's different if you're actually protecting an objective or something. But just sitting in a far off corner, waiting for someone to walk through your direction instead of the 40 other directions to go so you can get your kill is just retarded. Be a man. Who the hell plays FPSs not to be Rambo?

It's you against the world and occasionally you have backup from some stupid 12 year old that decides to actually look the same direction as you (you know, where 90% of the enemy is).

Just pisses me off that people have to camp to get any "enjoyment" out of a FPS that's meant to be gungho crazy firefight stuff.

Kingpin32
07-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Sure it's a "strategy" but how is that fun? How it fun waiting around a freakin' corner for a minute only to shoot someone as they step through the door? What possible pleasure can you get out of that?

I mean, sure, it's different if you're actually protecting an objective or something. But just sitting in a far off corner, waiting for someone to walk through your direction instead of the 40 other directions to go so you can get your kill is just retarded. Be a man. Who the hell plays FPSs not to be Rambo?

It's you against the world and occasionally you have backup from some stupid 12 year old that decides to actually look the same direction as you (you know, where 90% of the enemy is).

Just pisses me off that people have to camp to get any "enjoyment" out of a FPS that's meant to be gungho crazy firefight stuff.
I think its all about that K/D ratio. Me, I be feeling like I'm Rambo in FPS and I just run out and shoot people lol.

Nothingface
07-05-2010, 01:20 AM
I may have camped before (not much of an online gamer) for fear of being shot. lol.

HuskerBlitz
07-05-2010, 01:29 AM
That's what I loved about the first SOCOM game. Plenty of opportunities in the game to play sniper and lying in wait.

Kingpin32
07-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Is there any site that lets you watch old college games?

morsdraconis
07-05-2010, 02:56 AM
Is there any site that lets you watch old college games?

There's a torrent place called tenyardtorrents that'll let you download old games, but besides them, it's youtube or nothing that I've been able to find.

souljahbill
07-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Just finished my morning run. It sucked because my back tightened up during the run, making it hard to keep a steady pace.

Kingpin32
07-05-2010, 11:21 AM
There's a torrent place called tenyardtorrents that'll let you download old games, but besides them, it's youtube or nothing that I've been able to find.

I figured as much. If I didn't stay on campus I would do the torrent site, but we can't use torrents on campus here.

JBHuskers
07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
New PS3 in the house...now I'm downloading all the shit back onto the HD....UGH

Nothingface
07-05-2010, 06:21 PM
8 days until ncaa 11. 8 days i say..........

JBHuskers
07-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Re-downloading everything on a new PS3 SUCKS.....

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 12:20 AM
People know they can't be talking on their cell phones when driving. So their backup plan is to text long messages while driving.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 12:46 AM
People know they can't be talking on their cell phones when driving. So their backup plan is to text long messages while driving.

LOL here texting while driving will be a secondary offense starting July 15th, but we can still talk while driving!

HuskerBlitz
07-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Is there a specific thread to ask questions directly to the guys at EA?

texacotea
07-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Trying to teach my 3yr old how to ride a bike. Any of you seasoned fathers have any tips? Instead aof pedaling forward she gets stuck at the top and pedals backward which is actually putting on brakes.

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Trying to teach my 3yr old how to ride a bike. Any of you seasoned fathers have any tips? Instead aof pedaling forward she gets stuck at the top and pedals backward which is actually putting on brakes.

She'll figure it out on her own, due to peer pressure, when she's 8 or so.

Go back in the house and have a beer. :cool:

Kingpin32
07-07-2010, 09:23 AM

:D:D:D:D

texacotea
07-07-2010, 09:45 AM

I dont want her to be the kid running behind all the other kids that have bikes.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Thinking way back waaaay back. I think I was 6 when I started. It was weird....I learned on my own. I would kinda ride in the apartment parking lot which the drive way was circular and I would just kinda hover around the curb between the drive and the sidewalk. Eventually I got my balance figured out and off I went. Then I would get brave and go as fast as I can down the steepest of hills out in the park's woods that had paths and shit....got a nice scar on my knee from biffing it :D

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 10:00 AM
It was weird....I learned on my own.

See! My method works! :D

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
See! My method works! :D

That was back in the 80's though :D

souljahbill
07-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I learned when I was 10................................................ ..on the bike I got when I was 4.

texacotea
07-07-2010, 11:17 AM
all these stories do nothing for my confidence in teaching her. is 3 too early?

gschwendt
07-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Well, so long as she's on training wheels and can reach the pedals, I don't think 3 is too early. However the earlier it is, the more easily frustrating it will be.

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I remember the 1st time the training wheels came off. I thought it was much safer to run into a wall then make my first turn.

UGA14
07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I must have been 4 or 5 when I learned. 3 is pretty young to ride a bike without training wheels. I had a neighbor that pretty much never learned how to ride a bike. It was hard for me to ever take him serious and I think that's why we got into fights playing football. I tackled the guy once and he got up wanting to fight. Of course he couldn't ride a bike so I put him down pretty easily.

lilheavy
07-07-2010, 02:27 PM

Co-sign...My daughter is 4 and she is finally figuring it out. Now the hard part is getting her to push the pedals back to use the brakes :)

lilheavy
07-07-2010, 02:32 PM

Nah 3 isn't too early. I think my daughter was 2 when I first put her on a bike with training wheels, of course I did all the work pushing but she did a little steering. She is 4 now and can pedal and turn by herself, but for whatever reason she can't figure out that pushing the pedals back is her brake. My advice is to find a big open space, like an empty parking lot or something, and just let her do what she can while you coach her up.

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
G/f IM's me instead of calling to ask if I can pick up the baby. I say, "yeah I guess" and she goes on this huge tirade about her not needing me to pick him up afterall, she'll be fine by herself, blah blah blah. Calm the fuck down.

Kingpin32
07-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Thinking way back waaaay back. I think I was 6 when I started. It was weird....I learned on my own. I would kinda ride in the apartment parking lot which the drive way was circular and I would just kinda hover around the curb between the drive and the sidewalk. Eventually I got my balance figured out and off I went. Then I would get brave and go as fast as I can down the steepest of hills out in the park's woods that had paths and shit....got a nice scar on my knee from biffing it :D

Thats how I learned too, but that was only because my mom wasn't the best teacher lol.

morsdraconis
07-07-2010, 04:24 PM
G/f IM's me instead of calling to ask if I can pick up the baby. I say, "yeah I guess" and she goes on this huge tirade about her not needing me to pick him up afterall, she'll be fine by herself, blah blah blah. Calm the fuck down.

That's why I hate women. You say something innocent like "Yeah, I guess" and they go off the deep end like you said no or something. Jesus christ...

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 04:33 PM
"Yeah, I guess" shows that you don't really want to. It's similar to saying "Yeah, if I have to".

If you mean "yeah" just say "yeah". If you mean "yeah, if I have to" just say "yeah".

This is from experience. Women have forgotten that they are not people and that they are here to do shit for us and to make sexy time with us. It sucks.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 06:01 PM
See I just take my cues from this guy.

http://www.inpapasbasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Al_Bundy_Gun_To_Head.jpg

I think he's inspired me to remain single with no children (that I know of).

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
The hot chick at the bank could've changed all that.

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
"Yeah, I guess" shows that you don't really want to. It's similar to saying "Yeah, if I have to".

If you mean "yeah" just say "yeah". If you mean "yeah, if I have to" just say "yeah".

This is from experience. Women have forgotten that they are not people and that they are here to do shit for us and to make sexy time with us. It sucks.

Just something i say a lot, yeah I guess. I was very willing to go get him. I guess everytime i say it i'll have to use a lil smiley face or some shit.

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 06:10 PM
That's why I hate women. You say something innocent like "Yeah, I guess" and they go off the deep end like you said no or something. Jesus christ...

Glad we see eye to eye on this one. lol.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 06:13 PM
The hot chick at the bank could've changed all that.

This is true.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 06:17 PM
I just added the brothers of :) and :(

:nod: :smh:

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
and if you're very happy :))

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2010, 06:37 PM
See I just take my cues from this guy.

*picture of Al Bundy*

I think he's inspired me to remain single with no children (that I know of).

Ah yes, Al Bundy. The man who suffered to teach us much. One can learn many in his lifetime from Al. Remain single with no children. Don't marry or have sex with "Big Red". Don't become a woman's shoe salesman. And there is always one place in the home that a man can truly be king. The porcelain throne.

In the words of great Al...

"I've seen her from the front, I've seen her from the back.
I've seen her in a chair, I've seen her in a sack.
I've seen her stand, I've seen her crouch.
I've seen her on her stupid couch.
I do not like her in the mall, I do not like her in the hall.
I do not like her in my life, I do not like my big red wife."

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Hm, apparently we had a 5.7 earthquake that i didn't feel when I was on the can, listening to music. News to me.

morsdraconis
07-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Hm, apparently we had a 5.7 earthquake that i didn't feel when I was on the can, listening to music. News to me.

Must have been one hell of a shit.

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Must have been one hell of a shit.

I was pretty distracted.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Nothingman @ breakfast this morning:

http://americancopywriter.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/05/colonblow_2.jpg

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 07:25 PM
lol. I won't say how many times i've visited the bathroom today. I just know where i'll be when the big cali earthquake hits.

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 07:26 PM

You think you caused it??

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I just added the brothers of :) and :(

:nod: :smh:

:))

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 07:28 PM

Hmmm thats a possibility. I have high standards and know I can do much better then that.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 07:28 PM

LMAO :D

:))

Yep and for those who wanna jump for joy! I added that guy too

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Hmmm thats a possibility. I have high standards and know I can do much better then that.

Well, of course you do. Maybe that's why it didn't even register to you. ;)

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2010, 07:50 PM
lol. I won't say how many times i've visited the bathroom today. I just know where i'll be when the big cali earthquake hits.

I've always said I'm gonna die on the throne someday. Nowadays, whenever we have tornado warnings or something here, I just grab the paper, stick it under my arm, and take a stroll the throne. :D

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I practically have to yell at my mother as she will not go and get her hearing checked. So I feel bad afterwards whenever I had to raise my voice. lol.

Iron Dragon
07-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I hope a package with NCAA '11 comes tomorrow.

Kingpin32
07-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I hope a package with NCAA '11 comes tomorrow.

And I hope it doesn't lol. You'll just be another person on my friend list that has it.

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I got a plan for July 13th. Sleep until I hear the door bell.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I practically have to yell at my mother as she will not go and get her hearing checked. So I feel bad afterwards whenever I had to raise my voice. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bMs04JK0BQ

Kingpin32
07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
I got a plan for July 13th. Sleep until I hear the door bell.

I'm debating on whether I wanna go to the midnight release if I don't have to close that night, or get it before class in the morning, or after class. If I have to close on Monday night, I'm leaning towards just getting it after class, since I'll just be in class thinking about the game all day.

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bMs04JK0BQ

That scene never fails for me.

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm debating on whether I wanna go to the midnight release if I don't have to close that night, or get it before class in the morning, or after class. If I have to close on Monday night, I'm leaning towards just getting it after class, since I'll just be in class thinking about the game all day.

Whenever you got the opportunity, GET IT!

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 02:36 PM
More smileys :drool:

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2010, 03:04 PM
More smileys :drool:

I like this one better. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/AKS74/redneck_emoticon.gif

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I like this one better. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/AKS74/redneck_emoticon.gif

LOL someone asked for a drooling one in the news thread.

steelerfan
07-08-2010, 03:44 PM
MOM!!! THE MEATLOAF!! We want it now!

LMAO!!

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
LOL someone asked for a drooling one in the news thread.

Can we get a green smiley who's nauseated.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Can we get a green smiley who's nauseated.

Done.

:sick:

texacotea
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Man went to the inlaws to sort stuff out for a yard sell..FML:(

Iron Dragon
07-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Come on NCAA '11.. I know your out there somewhere. Let's make it to my mailbox.

JBHuskers
07-09-2010, 10:39 AM
The one thing I definitely don't mind is when ESPN does auctions and everything for the Jimmy V Foundation. I never get tired of watching and listening to Jimmy's ESPY speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoVM9nm42E

HWill
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I have a craving for bacon. And Vitamin Water. Thanks LeBron.

steelerfan
07-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Just got in from a long night drinkin'.

Potato Wedges kick ass!

Iron Dragon
07-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Of course the mail runs late on this Saturday. I hope NCAA 11 comes with it.

Nothingface
07-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Just got in from a long night drinkin'.

Potato Wedges kick ass!

Yes, they really can kick ass. I feel like going to KFC.

Nothingface
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Of course the mail runs late on this Saturday. I hope NCAA 11 comes with it.

Did it?

JeffHCross
07-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Did it?Yep, he's got it.

Iron Dragon
07-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Yep, he's got it.

And I couldn't be happier.

steelerfan
07-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes, they really can kick ass. I feel like going to KFC.

I was talking about Bacon Cheddar Potaoe Wedges from Jack in the Box, but the KFC ones are good too. I almost never go there though.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I was talking about Bacon Cheddar Potaoe Wedges from Jack in the Box, but the KFC ones are good too. I almost never go there though.

I wish we had a Jack in the Box in Lubbock. The only time I get JITB is when I go home to Dallas.

Nothingface
07-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Why is it that small chain fast food resturants have better food then the big boys? Not only quality, quantity as well.

texacotea
07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Married+kids= problems with parents......why is this. Seems better to just move a couple hrs away.

HWill
07-12-2010, 05:13 PM
I have spent $483.31 at Amazon since December 14, 2008. That seems like a lot of money.

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I have spent $483.31 at Amazon since December 14, 2008. That seems like a lot of money.

I think I got that beat, I've spent $826.19 since 2007, and theres some stuff I bought like books and stuff that don't even have the price up anymore.

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 07:20 PM

I think I got that beat, I've spent $826.19 since 2007, and theres some stuff I bought like books and stuff that don't even have the price up anymore.

LOL you can actually see a total.....oh god.

Nothingface
07-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I was an amazon virgin but will rack up quite a bill soon. I'm new to online shopping. If I get in too deep, someone bail me out!

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 07:35 PM
LOL you can actually see a total.....oh god.

I did it the long way and added everything up.

HWill
07-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I did it the long way and added everything up.

yeah same here.

Nothingface
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Am I crazy for wanting to buy the 360 and ps3 versions of ncaa 11? Seems this place is more PS3. Hmmm.......

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Am I crazy for wanting to buy the 360 and ps3 versions of ncaa 11? Seems this place is more PS3. Hmmm.......

Come to the dark side lol.

Nothingface
07-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Come to the dark side lol.

I'm allergic to the light.....so maybe i will.

ram29jackson
07-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I wish we had a Jack in the Box in Lubbock. The only time I get JITB is when I go home to Dallas.

haha, I thought Lubbock was a booming town now ? still kinda' behind ,eh

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 09:07 PM
haha, I thought Lubbock was a booming town now ? still kinda' behind ,eh

I think there used to be one before I came to school here, but I believe a kid died from the food so they closed it down.

steelerfan
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I think there used to be one before I came to school here, but I believe a kid died from the food so they closed it down.

He must've gotten a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger, Bacon Cheddar Potato Wedges and a 7-piece Stuffed Jalapenos. I know that's taken years from me. :drool::smh::eek::sick:

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 09:22 PM
He must've gotten a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger, Bacon Cheddar Potato Wedges and a 7-piece Stuffed Jalapenos. I know that's taken years from me. :drool::smh::eek::sick:

At least you'll die a full man. :D

ram29jackson
07-12-2010, 09:23 PM

You were - JACKED UP

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I have spent $483.31 at Amazon since December 14, 2008.

I think I got that beat, I've spent $826.19 since 2007

In 2010.

http://www.mycardblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/amazon-consumer-visa-card.jpg

HWill
07-12-2010, 10:12 PM

In 2010.

http://www.mycardblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/amazon-consumer-visa-card.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, We have a winner!

SmoothPancakes
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, We have a winner!

Yeah, that's got me beat.

*raises white flag*

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
yeah Jeff got me too, but I do have the card though.

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 10:51 PM
I had no doubt I buy more on Amazon than anyone else here. After all, I am a card holder.

On the topic of NCAA ... be sure to check out the TGT Community Sliders Project: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Community-Sliders-Project

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't feel like adding them up but in 2009 I had 29 orders, and already to 19 this year.

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Okay screw it .... I added up 2010 - $702.96

I went back to 2005 to see what I ordered....three poker books, a Chevelle live CD, The Longest Yard (the original one), and NASCAR 2005 Chase for the Cup for PS2 :D

HuskerBlitz
07-12-2010, 11:07 PM
How are we suppose to make a wishlist entry if all the threads are locked? :D

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 11:08 PM
How are we suppose to make a wishlist entry if all the threads are locked? :D

Chris is in the middle of making them right now.

JBHuskers
07-12-2010, 11:09 PM

In 2010.

So I'm not THAT far off of you in just 2010 :D

HWill
07-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Okay screw it .... I added up 2010 - $702.96

I went back to 2005 to see what I ordered....three poker books, a Chevelle live CD, The Longest Yard (the original one), and NASCAR 2005 Chase for the Cup for PS2 :D

Haha. Just skimming through my account I see I bought numerous books/novels/encyclopedias that I have never opened, a couple of old Jay-Z albums I never got around to listening to, movies I never watched, games I rarely played... sheesh, what a waste:D

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 11:21 PM
19 orders in 2010 for me too ... surprisingly only 28 in 2009. 45 in 2008 though :D

I actually spent less on Amazon in 2009, total, than I have so far in 2010. :D

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Probably Safe For Work (it's a joke, not an image), but I'm putting it behind a spoiler just in case ...

http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/20100713.gif

HWill
07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Probably Safe For Work (it's a joke, not an image), but I'm putting it behind a spoiler just in case ...

http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/20100713.gif

:D:D:D Where did that come from?

JeffHCross
07-12-2010, 11:49 PM
:D:D:D Where did that come from?A wonderful, wonderful webcomic called Least I Could Do. The blond and the black-haired guy are currently househunting.

texacotea
07-13-2010, 06:26 AM
A wonderful, wonderful webcomic called Least I Could Do. The blonde and the black-haired guy are currently househunting.

Thanks I was really confused on what was going on.....but now :D

JeffHCross
07-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Going out of town for the weekend. Don't burn the place down while I'm gone, mmkay?

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Going out of town for the weekend. Don't burn the place down while I'm gone, mmkay?

No promises. ;)

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 12:30 AM

Thats the beauty of the Internet, no matter where you go, we'll be there with you. Unless you're running from us....

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm stoked that Steelerfan and the site was mentioned on Kotaku tonight!

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 01:33 AM
I'm stoked that Steelerfan and the site was mentioned on Kotaku tonight!

Certainly was REALLY cool to see that happen.

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 02:34 AM
I'm not sure if anyone noticed this little nugget, but:

Most users ever online was 292, Yesterday at 05:33 PM.

For a site that just opened up, that's really good. What's even better is that it happened after release day.

steelerfan
07-15-2010, 02:47 AM

For a site that just opened up, that's really good. What's even better is that it happened after release day.

I was very happy to see that! TGT is growing so quickly and it's a testament to the kind of site this is. I'm so happy to call this place home.

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 12:58 PM

Like I said in the news article about Kotaku covering Steeler getting the PS3 rosters up, prepare for the influx of people.

The amount of people that go to Kotaku is RIDICULOUS, so it's only natural that some of them would come over here with interest in the game.

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Like I said in the news article about Kotaku covering Steeler getting the PS3 rosters up, prepare for the influx of people.

The amount of people that go to Kotaku is RIDICULOUS, so it's only natural that some of them would come over here with interest in the game.

I used to go all the time, but got tired of it a couple years back.

I OU a Beatn
07-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, my visits to Kotaku were reduced to zero once I found out about N4G.com. That place...is a Gamer's Heaven.

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 05:33 PM
I used to go all the time, but got tired of it a couple years back.

Oh I definitely agree. I don't much care for the site myself (the layout is pretty terrible) but I have friends that go there all the time.

texacotea
07-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Peach MIlkshake from chik-fila FTW!!!!

HWill
07-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Did you guys know that there is a new special edition cover for NCAA 11?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/396330/crytebow.JPG

Flav
07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Finally have power after 24 hours.. THANK GOD!

Nothingface
07-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Don't you just feel ultimate satisfaction from a come from behind win? Down 21-0 at halftime and i make the comeback for a 31-28 victory.

Followed up that game with a 15-0 win against the same guy.

steelerfan
07-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Peach MIlkshake from chik-fila FTW!!!!

Hmmm....that sounds really good!

JBHuskers
07-23-2010, 11:53 AM
One more smiley that could be useful.....

:dunno:

colon-dunno-colon

gschwendt
07-23-2010, 11:56 AM
One more smiley that could be useful.....

colon-dunno-colon:dunno:
Now to get that to display how you wanted:

JBHuskers
07-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Now to get that to display how you wanted:

Hah thanks buddy!

HWill
07-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Does anyone rank the women of ESPN in their head when they are bored? Yeah, me neither. :o

Kingpin32
07-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Does anyone rank the women of ESPN in their head when they are bored? Yeah, me neither. :o

All I know is that Erin Andrews, Hannah Storm, and Sage Steele would be at the top of that list....if it existed. ;)

JBHuskers
07-23-2010, 04:28 PM

My lil cougar....

http://www.sidelinehotties.com/images/2008/09/hannah-storm-2.jpg

JBHuskers
07-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Negatives to a sinus infection....some good times I'm missing at the bars. Won't be DJ'ing tomorrow night.

Positive....gaming all night Friday, all day and night Saturday, all day and night Sunday.

HWill
07-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Molly Qerim is near the top of my "imaginary" list:

http://www.mollyqerim.com/wp-content/gallery/february-2010-photoshoot/mg_8752.jpg

ebin
07-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Negatives to a sinus infection....some good times I'm missing at the bars. Won't be DJ'ing tomorrow night.

Positive....gaming all night Friday, all day and night Saturday, all day and night Sunday.

All in all, a win, I'd say.

Ha, I just realized you have roughly an eighth of the posts on the site. That's insane!

JBHuskers
07-24-2010, 03:24 AM
All in all, a win, I'd say.

Ha, I just realized you have roughly an eighth of the posts on the site. That's insane!

That's how I roll!

morsdraconis
07-24-2010, 10:34 AM
That's how I roll!

Or just have no life. ;)

Kingpin32
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Or just have no life. ;)

I concur with this statement. :P

steelerfan
07-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Hannah Storm started on NBC Houston. 15+ years ago I was glad to see her, now I just have a banana in my pocket.

For some reason, every time I see Rachel Nichols I think, "Oh my little gapped tooth b*%ch, I'd do bad things on you."

Michelle Beadle excites me because she looks like she could fit the crumpet and the tea bag in her mouth at the same time.

Nothingface
07-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Gotta head to this place called BevMo.....pretty much an alcohol library.

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Or just have no life. ;)

Think of it this way, every forum needs a post whore. :D

Nothingface
07-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm so tired of online play in NCAA. The ones who win are all chatty and happy which is fine. If I beat them, they barely talk, if they do, it's all about how much they hate the game.

ebin
07-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Think of it this way, every forum needs a post whore. :D

JB a post whore? If that's not an understatement... :D

HWill
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Hannah Storm started on NBC Houston. 15+ years ago I was glad to see her, now I just have a banana in my pocket.

For some reason, every time I see Rachel Nichols I think, "Oh my little gapped tooth b*%ch, I'd do bad things on you."

Michelle Beadle excites me because she looks like she could fit the crumpet and the tea bag in her mouth at the same time.

*Insert hot dog gif here*

JBHuskers
07-25-2010, 12:18 AM
JB a post whore? If that's not an understatement... :D

I just support the site I helped build :nod:

Kingpin32
07-25-2010, 02:44 AM

All whores have excuses about why they're whores. :D

HuskerBlitz
07-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Uhg...I forgot how humid it is in Oklahoma. And to make things worse, the place were staying has a PS3 and I didn't bring my game. :(

ebin
07-25-2010, 09:33 PM

Whatever you have to tell yourself, buddy. ;)

JBHuskers
08-03-2010, 01:07 AM
This is my 2000th post on The Gaming Tailgate :D

texacotea
08-03-2010, 06:18 AM

its says 2001......:P

morsdraconis
08-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Jesus christ JB.

JBHuskers
08-03-2010, 09:50 AM
its says 2001......:P

Cuz I made one before I went to bed in the OD threads :P

ebin
08-03-2010, 11:13 AM

What took you so long? :D

skipwondah33
08-03-2010, 11:29 AM
All whores have excuses about why they're whores. :D

haha late to the party but this is a pretty damn funny post :D

morsdraconis
08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Think Favre really retired this time or is it all an elaborate ruse once again?

texacotea
08-03-2010, 05:09 PM
think he just giving the run around, maybe we will have another "decision" dun dun dun

morsdraconis
08-03-2010, 05:13 PM
All I know is I don't truthfully care one way or another.

I used to be a HUGE fan of his. The game where his father died earlier in the week (or maybe it was the night before, I can't remember exactly) and he had that amazing Monday Night Game. Man, that game was probably one of the most amazing non-Super Bowl games of NFL football I've ever watched.

I was sad when he first stated that he was going to retire. Then he came back and went to the Jets and he's just ruined anything he had before from there on.

cdj
08-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Think Favre really retired this time or is it all an elaborate ruse once again?

To be fair, this time it's not him actually saying anything publicly that has ESPN all hot and bothered. They certainly help make a lot of teams and athletes unlikable.

morsdraconis
08-03-2010, 05:39 PM
To be fair, this time it's not him actually saying anything publicly that has ESPN all hot and bothered. They certainly help make a lot of teams and athletes unlikable.

Oh no doubt man. No doubt. Especially since it looks like he's told players that he hasn't made a decision yet and Brad Childress is still saying he hasn't heard anything from Favre at all.

SmoothPancakes
08-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh no doubt man. No doubt. Especially since it looks like he's told players that he hasn't made a decision yet and Brad Childress is still saying he hasn't heard anything from Favre at all.

Well, you know how ESPN is. As soon as they latch onto something, they whore themselves out endlessly until everyone hates the topic that they're talking about. As someone else said somewhere on here in the past, The Worldwide Leader of Hype.

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6cf8571b8e/tecmo-super-brett-from-sped372

SmoothPancakes
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6cf8571b8e/tecmo-super-brett-from-sped372

Oh course, it just has to be a game against the Broncos. :(

cdj
08-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I feel like the Synopsis finally helps me understand this song (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulate_(song)) after all these years. ;)

Kingpin32
08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I feel like the Synopsis finally helps me understand this song (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulate_(song)) after all these years. ;)

:D :D That was the best read I've seen of that song. I wonder when did that got put up.

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
That is the best use of renamed links I have ever seen on Wikipedia.

ebin
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM

Holy hell, that was phenomenal!

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm guessing whoever edited that in, that was his high school speech project or something :D

gschwendt
08-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I never thought I'd see the day but my dad is on Facebook.

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I never thought I'd see the day but my dad is on Facebook.

Hope he doesn't put any embarassing photos of you on his wall :D :D :D

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 12:29 AM
http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/20081014.gif

morsdraconis
08-08-2010, 09:14 AM
:D

Hilarious.

gschwendt
08-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Toy Story 4 looking good (http://twitpic.com/2dfo3k/full)

texacotea
08-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Toy Story 4 looking good (http://twitpic.com/2dfo3k/full)

looks too violent for my little one

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Lol

SmoothPancakes
09-19-2010, 09:07 PM
So I'm sitting here laughing right now. I got an email from Microsoft saying that my Xbox Live account was being suspended until Monday because of inappropriate content in my profile. The only thing inappropriate in my profile was the direct quote from Microsoft's own promo for the first MW2 map pack back in the spring, which included the phrase "and blowing up unsuspecting motherfuckers", though I had it typed in as "motherf***ers".

The saddest things, besides someone having a pine cone far enough up their ass to actually take the time to report that, is the fact that I have had that set as my bio since March and the fact that I have not played any video games, nor have I even had my Xbox turned on, since Friday morning. So not sure who randomly decided to view my profile sometime over the weekend and report me for that. Unless Microsoft is THAT backed up that they just now got around to a report against me from the past.

I'm still laughing my ass off about it right now. Just too damn funny, at least to me is.

skipwondah33
09-24-2010, 08:06 AM
If I see ONE more ad or trailer about the movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps or anymore of Gordon Gecko, I'm going to stop watching TV until Sunday. I honestly was interested in seeing it the first few times I've seen the trailer, now I hate it lol

That is all

morsdraconis
09-24-2010, 12:08 PM
If I see ONE more ad or trailer about the movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps or anymore of Gordon Gecko, I'm going to stop watching TV until Sunday. I honestly was interested in seeing it the first few times I've seen the trailer, now I hate it lol

That is all

It's good that you hate it cause from everything I've seen of it, it looks like shit. Another GREAT movie that's going to be tainted by Hollywood's dumbass sequel way after the last one idea (see Indiana Jones for a prime example).

JBHuskers
09-24-2010, 12:48 PM

That is all

ESPN was sure raping us with that trailer last night.

skipwondah33
09-24-2010, 02:26 PM
ESPN was sure raping us with that trailer last night.

I know!...I think thats when I hit my breaking point, wondered if anyone else caught that onslaught

morsdraconis
09-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I know!...I think thats when I hit my breaking point, wondered if anyone else caught that onslaught

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. They showed it at least twice a commercial break for the entire Pittsburgh vs Miami game (which made watching that dreadfully boring game that much more boring).

JeffHCross
09-24-2010, 10:29 PM
I'll take Wall Street commercials (at least they change once in a while) over the Tartive Disconegia or whatever the latest craze of "do you want to sue somebody?!" commercials are. Or the Credit Card Debt commercials. They have taken over HD here to the point that they're on every HD channel. And it's always the cheap, produced by the local television studio look to them ... y'know, the kind of commercials you used to only see at 3 in the morning on the local channels. Now it's during primetime on every freaking HD channel.

JeffHCross
09-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Geeky/fanboi moment here ...

DustinFox37
“@3YardsandACloud: @DustinFox37 Sunday is for recovering from another enjoyable weekend of Buckeye football.” very true..

Getting re-tweeted by Dustin Fox, who I watched for 3 years at Ohio State, is very cool is a surreal kind of way.

JBHuskers
09-26-2010, 04:12 PM
yeah there are some cool athletes out there that will converse with you on Twitter.....to name a few, Carl Crawford, Warren Sapp, Bubba Watson

steelerfan
09-27-2010, 09:02 PM
So last night I went to see the American Carnage Tour (Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer). Great show (if you're into that sort of thing) and it was cool to see those 3 bands together again (I saw them play together on 1990's Clash of the Titans Tour at the ripe old age of 16).

Anyway, Jim Florentine is part of the tour as well. He is representing Jaegermeister and basically just introduces each band and tells everyone to buy Jaeger, lol. After the show, we were walking out and he was at the merch booth. I talked to him about Crank Yankers (I always liked that sort of thing) and was telling him that I used to watch it with my daughter (now 9). She always liked his character "Special Ed". So, I asked him if I could call her and have him leave her a message (she has call notes) and he was more than happy to do it!

I called and handed him my phone when call notes picked up. He said (in character, of course), "Hi Allison, this is Special Ed. I like Jello! Yaaaay!" LMAO! Seriously cool of him.

JeffHCross
09-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Awesome!

morsdraconis
09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
So last night I went to see the American Carnage Tour (Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer). Great show (if you're into that sort of thing) and it was cool to see those 3 bands together again (I saw them play together on 1990's Clash of the Titans Tour at the ripe old age of 16).

Lucky bastard! I would KILL to be able to go to that concert (except for Slayer; don't really care for them).

steelerfan
09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Lucky bastard! I would KILL to be able to go to that concert (except for Slayer; don't really care for them).

No, no, no. Slayer is a longtime favorite of mine!

It was a great show. Slayer played Seasons in the Abyss straight through and Megadeth played Rust in Peace straight through. Those are each band's 1990 releases. They both played 5 or so additional songs as well. Anthrax (with Joey Belladonna!) only got about 30 minutes so they just played a few old school songs.

I was lucky enough to see Megadeth last March too. At that time, they also played Rust in Peace straight through. I think Dave's long solo in the middle of Holy Wars is my all-time favorite solo. Both of the times I saw them in the last 6 months, he played that solo twice. Once during the song, and once at the end of the sey during a medley. So, I've seen my favorite solo played live 4 times in 6 months, not a bad deal.

steelerfan
09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Awesome!

It really was, lol. I'm still laughing thinking about it. Very cool of him. I can't wait to hear from her about it.

JBHuskers
09-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Saw Lisa Lampanelli on Friday night, that was one hilarious show. I thought I had row two tix, but by the time I checked out on the day they came out, I ended up with row six which was still awesome.

morsdraconis
09-28-2010, 12:42 AM
It was a great show. Slayer played Seasons in the Abyss straight through and Megadeth played Rust in Peace straight through. Those are each band's 1990 releases. They both played 5 or so additional songs as well. Anthrax (with Joey Belladonna!) only got about 30 minutes so they just played a few old school songs.

I REALLY REALLY hope that Anthrax records a new album with Joey. That would be truly amazing.

Awesome that Megadeth played Rust In Peace. That's my favorite album of theirs (though their older stuff is pretty amazing musically, just not lyrically).

And I've just never been a fan of Slayer. They just aren't technical enough for me (or, at least, from the music I've heard by them).

Don't know if you've heard of them before or not, but if you like older metal you should check out Nevermore. Very much in the same vein as Anthrax and Metallica but more technical than both (which is really saying something). The lead singer, Warrel Dane, is an amazing vocalist.

steelerfan
09-28-2010, 01:31 AM
I REALLY REALLY hope that Anthrax records a new album with Joey. That would be truly amazing.

Awesome that Megadeth played Rust In Peace. That's my favorite album of theirs (though their older stuff is pretty amazing musically, just not lyrically).

And I've just never been a fan of Slayer. They just aren't technical enough for me (or, at least, from the music I've heard by them).

Don't know if you've heard of them before or not, but if you like older metal you should check out Nevermore. Very much in the same vein as Anthrax and Metallica but more technical than both (which is really saying something). The lead singer, Warrel Dane, is an amazing vocalist.

I can't say I'm familiar with Nevermore. I've got a buddy who has 5000 CDs (very conservative guesstimate) so I'll ask him if he has any of their work that I can borrow to check out.

The one 80's thrash band that got overlooked that was great (when they had Jason Newsted) was Flotsam & Jetsam. If you're unfamiliar, track down their album Doomsday for the Deceiver (1986, IIRC). That is a masterpiece and one of my 3 or 4 favorites from that era.

For me, Megadeth fell off after Rust, Metallica after Justice, and Anthrax once Joey was gone. The thing about Slayer is that they've just kept on doing what they do. They've enjoyed success without "selling out" or trying to go mainstream. They've always been my favorite band from that genre and my first listen to Reign in Blood in 1987 was what sold me on heavy music.

morsdraconis
09-28-2010, 12:24 PM
I can't say I'm familiar with Nevermore. I've got a buddy who has 5000 CDs (very conservative guesstimate) so I'll ask him if he has any of their work that I can borrow to check out.

Well, they're a bit newer (started in '91 and been going strong) but, if nothin' else, look around on Youtube for them or something just to get a taste. When I say older metal, I mean older style metal as their best stuff is Dreaming Neon Black (1999), Dead Heart In A Dead World (2000), and This Godless Endeavor (2005).

The one 80's thrash band that got overlooked that was great (when they had Jason Newsted) was Flotsam & Jetsam. If you're unfamiliar, track down their album Doomsday for the Deceiver (1986, IIRC). That is a masterpiece and one of my 3 or 4 favorites from that era.

Never really gave them much of a listen. I'll have to check 'em out.

For me, Megadeth fell off after Rust, Metallica after Justice, and Anthrax once Joey was gone.

I completely agree on all fronts (though I still kinda like Anthrax's Sound of White Noise). Metallica is an abomination of their former selves as is Megadeth.

The thing about Slayer is that they've just kept on doing what they do. They've enjoyed success without "selling out" or trying to go mainstream. They've always been my favorite band from that genre and my first listen to Reign in Blood in 1987 was what sold me on heavy music.

Metallica did that for me with Ride The Lightning. Ever since then, I've been hooked.

steelerfan
09-28-2010, 08:29 PM
That explains why I'm unfamiliar with Nevermore. By 1991, I had moved on to death metal / grindcore with Slayer remaining a guilty pleasure. That old F & J is the closest thing to old Metallica (IMO) that you'll find.

Nothingface
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Anyone here play The Witcher for PC?

JeffHCross
09-30-2010, 10:58 PM
By 1991By 1991, I think I had moved on from Sesame Street soundtracks ...

JeffHCross
10-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Well suck, I just noticed that the mini-games were removed this year. And just when I wanted to play one in order to learn a new playbook.

JeffHCross
10-02-2010, 12:59 PM
FO_College
I think I like this formula RT @3YardsandACloud Jacory Harris currently 127th in my "Hayes Rating" for QB decisions http://bit.ly/d6JOEW

FO_College is the Twitter account for the college section of Football Outsiders. Since FO, in part, was the inspiration behind my creation of the Hayes Rating, that was pretty huge to see.

Nothingface
10-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Babys first birthday.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs703.snc4/62290_10150275638505618_730530617_14650076_4270410 _n.jpg

steelerfan
10-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Awesome, Nothingface!!

Nothingface
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey thanks. We had an awesome time. lol.

JBHuskers
10-07-2010, 08:14 PM
LOL finally I get to see what it looks like on the other side as I have activated ESPN Insider. I got two years of ESPN The Magazine for $8 total. Nice deal as long as I remember to cancel my subscription in two years.

JeffHCross
10-07-2010, 08:40 PM
So, other than the random article that I would be interested in, is there real incentive?

JBHuskers
10-07-2010, 11:37 PM
So, other than the random article that I would be interested in, is there real incentive?

I'll dig into it more .... looks like some good content for fantasy sports if you're into that.

gschwendt
10-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Tonight was a good sports night for me... SF Giants win the series, NY Jets win on MNF, and won both of my fantasy matchups this week.

steelerfan
10-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Tonight was a good sports night for me... SF Giants win the series, NY Jets win on MNF, and won both of my fantasy matchups this week.

Not to mention that Favre's stroking elbow is sore.

texacotea
10-20-2010, 08:47 AM
whats up with all the names being red now?

JBHuskers
10-21-2010, 01:16 PM
This is my 3000th post. That is all. :D

steelerfan
10-21-2010, 04:34 PM
This is my 3000th post. That is all. :D

What a whore. :D

AustinWolv
10-21-2010, 05:00 PM

Donators?

Hm, seeing others too.

JBHuskers
10-21-2010, 05:10 PM

Damn right.

JBHuskers
10-21-2010, 05:10 PM

I dunno, maybe to make them stand out in articles and blogs and community spotlight stuff? Have to ask CDJ, I'm guessing he changed it.

JBHuskers
10-21-2010, 05:12 PM

This is in the October Forum Feedback:

- Added red names to spice things up in honor of IOUs request for some more red on the site. It's a quick fix until we get the chance to play with the skin this winter. BigBlue helped design an additional skin option, but I haven't seen him around as much lately. I believe he is busy with HS and hopefully hasn't been glamored.

steelerfan
10-21-2010, 05:13 PM
cdj commented on the red names in the October Forum Feedback thread.

EDIT: JB, in his new quest to reach 4000 posts, beat me to it.

morsdraconis
10-21-2010, 06:39 PM

Indeed. :)

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 06:56 PM
What a whore. :DGood grief, I'm over 600 posts behind him.

And yet ... I'm the only other one over 2,000.

morsdraconis
10-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Good grief, I'm over 600 posts behind him.

And yet ... I'm the only other one over 2,000.

You guys have too many posts that really don't say anything. ;)

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 10:34 PM
You guys have too many posts that really don't say anything. ;)Speak for JB ... that's not true for me ;)

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
For all those that have seen me comment on my workplace not blocking TGT, despite categorizing it as a gaming site, you will be happy to know that my employer has, for reasons of "conserving bandwidth", blocked any site that was categorized as gaming.

This includes, among the sites this community knows, PastaPadre, TGT, and I'm sure others that I haven't checked. I know news sites like Massively.com are blocked as well, and wouldn't be wholly surprised to see IGN blocked.

Two-thirds of my Google Homepage are now things I cannot check :D :(

steelerfan
10-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Damn, Jeff, you may have to find another way to fill all of those hours where you are forced to surf the net, for pay, away from home. :D

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Damn, Jeff, you may have to find another way to fill all of those hours where you are forced to surf the net, for pay, away from home. :DFor what it's worth, I spent very little time on the net. Just checked the OD forums occasionally (usually lunch) and kept abreast of news articles from other sites using my RSS.

More than anything, it just bugs me how much of my Google homepage is inaccessible. So I just changed it to the company homepage and voila.

gschwendt
10-27-2010, 02:55 PM
You Make the Call... (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2010/10/game_week_7_an_early_shula_bow.html)
Scroll down below old Howard...

JeffHCross
10-27-2010, 09:31 PM
You Make the Call... (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/fau/blog/2010/10/game_week_7_an_early_shula_bow.html)
Scroll down below old Howard...I don't need to see pictures for that. Simple choice.

HWill
10-31-2010, 10:41 PM
I was just about to go to bed, and then I saw this...

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Cam-Newton.jpg

steelerfan
11-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I wasted my 1000th post in the Mom of the Year thread. This is post 1001.

I want to thank all the people (including YOU) who made this possible. You know who you are, and without you, I may have only achieved 8 or 900 posts at this young age.

I want to thank my fellow TGT members for all of the banter we have shared. When the day comes that I no longer feel that I can post at the level I demand from myself and make that inevitable decision to call it quits, it is the comraderie of you all that I will miss most.

A special thanks goes out to the EA Sports NCAA staff for giving me something to occupy an otherwise monotonous existence and for accepting my ideas for what they are. I look forward to expressing my thoughts to you for NCAA 12 and beyond.

And not to be forgotten are the lurkers of TGT. You log on, but never sign in. However, I can feel your support and I know you go to war with me. You are the reason I get up every day and post small nuggets of wisdom to be ingested, digested and excreted by the NCAA community. Thank you for being the greatest lurkers on the 'net. Without you, I'm nothing. What is the point of posting if no one will read it?

Lastly, I want to thank the ownership of TGT. You gentlemen have made me feel welcome from day 1. You spotted potential the in me when I was posting on the minor league NCAA community circuit and made sure that I knew that you would give me a chance to flourish in your system. I am truly blessed to have the support of the greatest ownership group of all the NCAA Football Community Forums. Mr. cdj, Mr. JBHuskers, Mr. gschwendt...you 3 took me from toiling in the minors to enjoying the type of success that a young man from Parma, Ohio, who grew up in the suburbs of Houston playing 2 player games of Intellivision Baseball by himself, could only dream of. You are the catalyst of who I am today, and I am forever grateful.

Here's to many, many more poignant, thoughtful, literate posts and to a few mindless rants that the future holds for us all!

Thank you.

JeffHCross
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Post of the year. Post of the century, even.

JeffHCross
11-01-2010, 06:07 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/12644/slide_12644_170006_large.jpg?1288652806309

Funniest Signs from Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/30/the-funniest-signs-at-the_n_776490.html#s170006)

JBHuskers
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Thank you San Francisco Giants for winning the World Series while I cash in my 30-1 ticket that I put down in March :)