PDA

View Full Version : What's on the Menu for the 4th of July?

oweb26
07-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Alright, Im sitting here trying to figure out what I am going to cook for the 4th, naturally I can always go with the classic chicken and brats, etc.

I want some suggestions for something different though, preferable grilled foods, I'm looking for something you guys have done that turned out really good on the grill. I haven't done too much so my options are wide open.

gschwendt
07-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll be grilling brats all weekend for myself (love grilled brats!). My girlfriend works the Fourth (nurse) so we're not celebrating until the 5th but I haven't decided what I'll do yet either. I'm thinking maybe kabobs or may just keep it simple and do hamburgers.

souljahbill
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Today, I'm grilling burgers (July 3rd)
Tomorrow, we're having ribs, baked beans, potato salad (July 4th)
Monday, my wife is making a roast (July 5th)

steelerfan
07-03-2010, 08:45 AM
I'll be grilling brats all weekend for myself (love grilled brats!). My girlfriend works the Fourth (nurse) so we're not celebrating until the 5th but I haven't decided what I'll do yet either. I'm thinking maybe kabobs or may just keep it simple and do hamburgers.

Brats! Mmmm! The best way I've found to do them is to brown them in the broiler then to put them in a Crock Pot with alot of sauerkraut for several hours. Juicy good!

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Tonight - DJ'ing so strippers are on the menu :D and I'm hungover from last night so I'll probably just get some Arby's or Taco Bell before I work tonight
Tomorrow - Not sure, probably grilling some hamburgers down at my buddy's cabin. He's got a pyrotechnic's license, so he can legally transport the good stuff from Missouri. He usually spends $2k in fireworks a year and puts on a hell of a show down at his cabin.
Monday - Probably not going to do anything special, just lounge at home and play PS3 and/or 360 .... unless something comes up, it'll be some fast food.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I dunno what all is happening on Sunday but I hope im awake for the fireworks. 9pm is alot to ask from me if i'm gonna be all fucked up all day.

oweb26
07-03-2010, 04:43 PM
The menu has become all grilled foods BTW, Steak and brats for today, Brisket and chicken for tomorrow. Side Items to be determined later.

Iron Dragon
07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Pizza and anything for the grill.

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Unfortunately my menu is so limited it's sickly. Driving home 3 hours tomorrow, then have to work at A&W at 5 to 10. Nothing good there. Won't have much of a 4th to speak of. I'm so sick of my job. Hopefully with some good breaks my full time job will change in the next couple years and I can do what I want on holidays.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm pretty sure i'm going to 2-3 BBQ's

NatureBoy
07-03-2010, 10:44 PM
We are going to bring my Mom over from the nursing home and have steaks. Her health isn't the best in the world so she doesn't get out much.

HWill
07-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I will be having an abundance of various grilled meats for the next couple of days.

ebin
07-03-2010, 11:12 PM
BBQ tri-tip FTW.

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 11:53 PM
We are going to bring my Mom over from the nursing home and have steaks. Her health isn't the best in the world so she doesn't get out much.

Family days with the elders can be real fun when you don't see em much. Hope y'all have a nice time.

razorback44
07-04-2010, 10:14 AM
My mother-in-law is boiling ribs for a family dinner at her house. :confused: Never had boiled ribs before but just in case it turns out bad I have steaks at my house ready to be cooked if needed.

Nothingface
07-04-2010, 11:46 AM
G/f has made that several times. The meat falls right off the bone. Tastes great, atleast hers does. :)

My mother-in-law is boiling ribs for a family dinner at her house. :confused: Never had boiled ribs before but just in case it turns out bad I have steaks at my house ready to be cooked if needed.

NatureBoy
07-04-2010, 10:00 PM
We had a great time today. I hope everyone else did as well.

razorback44
07-04-2010, 11:34 PM
G/f has made that several times. The meat falls right off the bone. Tastes great, atleast hers does. :)

Wow you were not wrong at all. Those turned out to be some of the best ribs I have ever had! You were right, the meat really did fall right off the bone. I don't know if I have ever had ribs before were the bone was perfectly clean when you were done with it. Definitely a great meal!

jaymo76
07-04-2010, 11:55 PM
As an ambassador for Canada, Happy 4th of July to my American friends !!!

souljahbill
07-05-2010, 07:00 AM
My wife boils her ribs too so I had a bunch of those to go along with the bbq beans and potato salad. We have leftovers so I know what I'm eating all day today.

Violator
07-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Well I am late to this. But I love grilling and have a ton of things I do. This weekend I took 2 5lb pork butts and grilled them for about 7 hours and made my own bbq sauce for some pulled pork sandwiches. Also grilled some hotdogs for the kids. Yesterday I grilled some jerk chicken, hamburgers with the cheese in the middle, some asparagus and mixed veggies. Tonite we all are making our own pizzas. We put them on flat bread and then make whatever you want and throw them on the grill for about 15 mins. The best pizza I have ever had. Beercan chicken is always good as well!!