PDA

View Full Version : Week 8, 2011

Oneback
12-07-2011, 10:12 AM
=============== #1 Arkansas Razorbacks (7-0) ===============
Last week, Arkansas won 63-17 against Auburn (4-1).
This week, the Razorbacks will host #7 Wisconsin (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT Eric Lowe has committed to Missouri
- (***) LE Tim Keyes has committed to Texas A&M
- (***) RG Todd Evans has committed to Arkansas
- (***) LOLB Patrick Carter has committed to Cal
- (***) FS Thomas Vinson has committed to Texas A&M
- (****) CB Vincent Ball has committed to Notre Dame

=============== Clemson Tigers (4-2) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 20-12 against Arizona (2-4).
This week, the Tigers will host #3 Stanford (5-0).

=============== Miami Hurricanes (4-1) ===============
Last week the Hurricanes were idle.
This week, the Hurricanes will host Arizona (2-4).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Chris Browne has committed to Florida State
- (****) LE Adam Toth has committed to Florida State

=============== #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 31-7 against Nebraska (3-3).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Texas Tech (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LOLB John Wilson has committed to Alabama
- (*****) WR Wesley Barnett has committed to Texas
- (****) ROLB Jordan Black has committed to Alabama
- (****) LE Maurice Taylor has committed to Texas
- (****) CB Matt Snyder has committed to Georgia
- (****) MLB Robert Johnson has committed to USC

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (4-1) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 52-35 against Oklahoma State (1-5).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Illinois (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB Nick Johnson has committed to Alabama
- (****) CB Matt Snyder has committed to Georgia
- (****) TE Eddie Thornburg has committed to Penn State

=============== #3 Stanford Cardinal (5-0) ===============
Last week the Cardinal were idle.
This week, the Cardinal travel to Clemson to face the Clemson Tigers (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB Troy Wilson has committed to Utah
- (****) C Blake Williams has committed to Boise State
- (****) LT Nick Larson has committed to Stanford

=============== #16 Texas Longhorns (5-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 31-3 against Oklahoma (3-4).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-5).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Ray Snyder has committed to Texas
- (****) LT Brian Lewis has committed to Michigan
- (****) RT Jason Hall has committed to Texas

=============== #12 USC Trojans (6-0) ===============
Last week, USC won 38-17 against Oregon State (2-4).
This week, the Trojans will host Cal (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Blake Williams has committed to Boise State
- (****) C Todd Richards has committed to Florida State
- (****) LT Nick Larson has committed to Stanford
- (****) LG Josh Mitchell has committed to Oregon
- (****) MLB Robert Johnson has committed to USC

psuexv
12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Looks like the same old recruiting shit from last year. The number 3 team on a recruit's list jumps all the way to #1 and gets the hard commit all in one week. They need to fix recruiting....

Oneback
12-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Looks like the same old recruiting shit from last year. The number 3 team on a recruit's list jumps all the way to #1 and gets the hard commit all in one week. They need to fix recruiting....

If you're talking about Maurice Taylor, I got a x2 on him last week and he was in attendance for the RRS. x2 + in-state recruit bonus + visit = signed, especially when I wasn't that far behind you.

psuexv
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
If you're talking about Maurice Taylor, I got a x2 on him last week and he was in attendance for the RRS. x2 + in-state recruit bonus + visit = signed, especially when I wasn't that far behind you.

That is the one. I knew it was going to happen when I saw you had him in for a visit last week. I even tried to counter it by throwing 2 promises at him. I got like 550 on him last week.

Oneback
12-07-2011, 12:25 PM
That is the one. I knew it was going to happen when I saw you had him in for a visit last week. I even tried to counter it by throwing 2 promises at him. I got like 550 on him last week.

Yeah, that's like 1/2 of what I got on him last week not counting the visit. Twas luck of the draw, now I just need to lock up a few others.

psuexv
12-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah, that's like 1/2 of what I got on him last week not counting the visit. Twas luck of the draw, now I just need to lock up a few others.

I wouldn't say luck of the draw, we saw this happen waaayyy to much last year for me to consider it chance. Just one of the many things they need to fix

Papa LoneStar
12-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Goodness....getting dominated on 3* recruits....ugh....can't wait to get 5* prestige next season.

#1 Arkansas Razorbacks (7-0) ===============

Looks so pretty. Y'all better get used to this....especially that fella in Austin, TX.

Oneback
12-07-2011, 03:25 PM
We're Ready!

http://www.40acressports.com/wp-images/feat_ark_achojones.jpg

ryby6969
12-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I uploade a few videos to the website. I am not sure what is causing it, or what will fix it, but whenever the cpu catches the ball, the cpu defender closest to him does everything in his power to not tackle him. They will even turn around and run the other way.(in the TD vid) It is rather frustrating when they should be stopped for a short gain but the defender runs away or backs up to give the guy room to make a move. I am not sure if I am alone, but I am just not feeling the sliders. Hopefully they grow on me because right now it is a chore to play the cpu.

Escobar
12-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Clemson upsets #3 Stanford 71-29. The freshman backfield tandem of Stoudt and Bellamy led the way. Bellamy went down in the 4th to add to the list of starters out for the season. Idk if it uploaded, but the last highlight was a beautiful pistol read option. That's the first time I got it to work.

Papa LoneStar
12-07-2011, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=Oneback;118035]We're Ready!

That was 3 years ago....this is a new era. The Papa LoneStar era. You will understand soon.

Oneback
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Oneback;118035]We're Ready!

That was 3 years ago....this is a new era. The Papa LoneStar era. You will understand soon.

I'll understand like the other 51 times Texas has defeated Arky! I'll make sure to raise my horns after each touchdown for ya, I know how you like that.

JeffHCross
12-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't say luck of the draw, we saw this happen waaayyy to much last year for me to consider it chance. Just one of the many things they need to fixYou need to get to a certain # to sign a player. He got there. That's all there really is to it. I'll agree that when it comes to offseason, we saw some weird stuff happen ... but when you get a x2 + rivalry visit, 550 has no chance of keeping the lead.

Papa LoneStar
12-08-2011, 06:22 AM
:Arkansas:

The #1 Arkansas Razorbacks dismantles #7 Wisconsin 44-3 in Fayetteville, AR. QB Tyler Wilson picked apart the Badger secondary with 16-26 311 yards 4 TD 1 INT....Knile Davis returned with an average game (probable with the groin injury) with 28 carries 125 yards 1 TD. WR Greg Childs had 73 yards and 2 TD and Cobi Hamilton had 83 yards and 2 TD. MLB Terrell William was all over the field with 10 tackles (6 TFL) and 3 sacks. Sophomore DT Robert Thomas had a breakout game with 3 sacks. The #1 Hogs improve to 8-0 heading into the bye....and will travel to Lubbock to take on the Texas Tech Red Raiders at high noon central on the ESPNU.

psuexv
12-08-2011, 07:59 AM
You need to get to a certain # to sign a player. He got there. That's all there really is to it. I'll agree that when it comes to offseason, we saw some weird stuff happen ... but when you get a x2 + rivalry visit, 550 has no chance of keeping the lead.

Sorry Jeff not buying it. If this was a stand-alone incident then ok. But this is a pattern that we saw last year and seems to be in this years game as well. To me there is too much consistency in the #3 team jumping to the #1 and getting the hard commit all in one week. If you'll notice we never see the #3 team just jumping and taking over the #1 spot. You're telling me that every time the #3 team has a big week it just so happens to give them enough points to get the commit?

I'm not really complaining, just stating that I feel this is a pretty big glitch in the system since to me it seems like there is pattern. I was #1 to start, he was #4 on my board and got 60 minutes each week, schollie offered, 3 promises made, and I had an A visit the week before.

ryby6969
12-08-2011, 08:12 AM
I think most of the players are predetermined who they will go to. The two players I lost this week to FSU were number 1 with them without them even offering a scholly. The week they get offered, they committ. The only way it gets messed up is if the school just does not recruit them at all. One thing I think they really need, is to break down the states even more for recruiting. It should be hard to go to South Florida and get the top recruits because that is Miami's territory.(especially if they are winning)Like wise with all the other states. Certain areas are known for being particular schools hot spots. Now, I am not saying teams should never lose a big player from that area, but it should be much more rare than it currently is.

Oneback
12-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Sorry Jeff not buying it. If this was a stand-alone incident then ok. But this is a pattern that we saw last year and seems to be in this years game as well. To me there is too much consistency in the #3 team jumping to the #1 and getting the hard commit all in one week. If you'll notice we never see the #3 team just jumping and taking over the #1 spot. You're telling me that every time the #3 team has a big week it just so happens to give them enough points to get the commit?

I'm not really complaining, just stating that I feel this is a pretty big glitch in the system since to me it seems like there is pattern. I was #1 to start, he was #4 on my board and got 60 minutes each week, schollie offered, 3 promises made, and I had an A visit the week before.

I didn't want to give away any recruiting strategies, but here goes:

There are only 3 times a recruit will sign: After a recruiting trip (most common), After being offered, and instant commit (least common). Another thing I have noticed is that recruits tend to commit quite regularly on visits that happen during or after week 7. I believe this is because it is week 7 where you are close enough to hitting the point total needed to sign a recruit. A visit before week 7 will typically result in becoming the recruits favorite, but unless you've had some fairly large point total weeks you're not going to sign the recruit and only end up disappointed.

So to breakdown what I think happened in this case:

You were giving him 60 minutes a week as was I after week 3, this allowed you to take the lead, however because he is an in-state recruit for me I was able to shrink the lead as the weeks went by. You had him in for a visit week 6, which more than likely put you right up against the point total to sign him, however as we went into week 7 you probably went over the point total but you had already offered so you weren't going to trigger a commitment. While I had already offered, he hadn't been in for a visit yet so I still had that in my tool bag. What allowed me to equal or even exceed your point total (not sure the points are allowed to exceed 5000) was the x2-bonus combined with the in-state bonus. So now it comes down to the visit (a commitment trigger) and I got an A+ recruiting visit which was higher than yours, thus giving me the commitment.

A couple things though, I'm not sure what my point total was after week 6 as we aren't afforded that information so while you may have had a point lead in the grand scheme of things it may not have been that insurmountable as you could have been sitting at 4980 points while I was at 4900 points, so no matter the points gained in week 7 we would have been at the same place, 5000 points. What I haven't figured out is if the visit week trumps all or if there is a comparison with other visits. What I mean by this is, would I have gotten the commitment even if my visit score was a B+ or even an A because it was a visit week (commitment trigger)? I don't believe that to be the case. I believe that the commitment would have gone to the one with the higher visit score, my A+ to your A. That being said, I am pretty sure he would have committed to you if I would have lost to OU as my visit score would have been less than A.

psuexv
12-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Couple of things regarding that. The Mlb that just committed after this advance, was a week 6 visit, 1st on my board preseason so was offered week 1. Wasn't an instant commit as he committed after the advance.

The other thing I wonder about the 5000 point total, I've had guys on my board that I have hit 60 minutes/week for an entire season and they don't commit until the offseason.

I think there is definitely a number you have to hit, but I think it's different for each player. I don't think it's feasible to have every player set at 5000 points as small schools would have no luck signing any players. Playing in Tommy's dynasty it's normal to average 200/wk on a call if you have a one star team. You'd have to recruit for 25 weeks to hit 5000. The only unknown that we have is we don't know how many points a visit gives you.

Oneback
12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Couple of things regarding that. The Mlb that just committed after this advance, was a week 6 visit, 1st on my board preseason so was offered week 1. Wasn't an instant commit as he committed after the advance.

A commitment after an advance just means you hit the point total without one of the commitment triggers in the previous week and no other teams have hit the point total yet.

The other thing I wonder about the 5000 point total, I've had guys on my board that I have hit 60 minutes/week for an entire season and they don't commit until the offseason.

I think there is definitely a number you have to hit, but I think it's different for each player. I don't think it's feasible to have every player set at 5000 points as small schools would have no luck signing any players. Playing in Tommy's dynasty it's normal to average 200/wk on a call if you have a one star team. You'd have to recruit for 25 weeks to hit 5000. The only unknown that we have is we don't know how many points a visit gives you.

The takeaway here is that teams don't start at 0. If the point goal is 5000 and you start the year at 43% (which is shown in the recruiting screen) you already have 2150 points towards that recruit. Then a combination of recruiting pitches (points you can see), being on your board, position on your board, visits, wins, team ranking, unlocks, etc (all points you cannot see) will get you to 5000 points. It's not just a 200 point gain every week even though that is all you are seeing while giving pitches.

psuexv
12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
A commitment after an advance just means you hit the point total without one of the commitment triggers in the previous week and no other teams have hit the point total yet.

So there are 4 ways a recruit will sign :)

The takeaway here is that teams don't start at 0. If the point goal is 5000 and you start the year at 43% (which is shown in the recruiting screen) you already have 2150 points towards that recruit. Then a combination of recruiting pitches (points you can see), being on your board, position on your board, visits, wins, team ranking, unlocks, etc (all points you cannot see) will get you to 5000 points. It's not just a 200 point gain every week even though that is all you are seeing while giving pitches.

True, didn't think about not starting at zero.

psuexv
12-08-2011, 12:50 PM
So what you're saying is on this recruit I'm eff'd, since we are all over the point total and I've exhausted my triggers? All Georgia has to do is offer or schedule a visit and he'll sign with them?

Jeff, you should join the dynasty, take Georgia and give him a offer and see if he signs to test it.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m521/psuexv/haynes.jpg

Papa LoneStar
12-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Yes, Jeff....enter the dynasty....bring G with you.

Oneback
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
So what you're saying is on this recruit I'm eff'd, since we are all over the point total and I've exhausted my triggers? All Georgia has to do is offer or schedule a visit and he'll sign with them?

Jeff, you should join the dynasty, take Georgia and give him a offer and see if he signs to test it.

Never say never, but it's quite possible.

JeffHCross
12-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I think most of the players are predetermined who they will go to. The two players I lost this week to FSU were number 1 with them without them even offering a scholly. The week they get offered, they committ.I'd bet, pretty confidently, that FSU was giving them a lot of time, potentially even 60 minutes, and just not offering a scholarship. By any chance did you not offer a scholarship until this week? If a CPU team doesn't offer a scholarship in Week 1, in my experience they won't offer it until they feel "threatened". That's why you'll see a lot of guys in Weeks 7, 8, etc, that seem to have no "interest", or at least no offers ... but the second you start to put pressure on and pay attention to the kid, the CPU teams above you will start making offers.

So what you're saying is on this recruit I'm eff'd, since we are all over the point total and I've exhausted my triggers? All Georgia has to do is offer or schedule a visit and he'll sign with them?It is still possible that you'll sign him on advance, but unlikely. I agree with Oneback on most of what he posted, but I don't 100% agree with the binary nature of his triggers.

If I could, I would join simply to test this out.

What I haven't figured out is if the visit week trumps all or if there is a comparison with other visits. What I mean by this is, would I have gotten the commitment even if my visit score was a B+ or even an A because it was a visit week (commitment trigger)? I don't believe that to be the case. I believe that the commitment would have gone to the one with the higher visit score, my A+ to your A. That being said, I am pretty sure he would have committed to you if I would have lost to OU as my visit score would have been less than A.Based on some of the things I saw in NCAA 10 (never really picked up on this in NCAA 11), I've thought that sometimes it may be as simple as whoever gets the trigger last. Remember the times in the offseason when I jumped from 3rd to 1st in Week 2? It was because I didn't play all my promises in Week 1, I'd wait on a couple things until Week 2, and spread the points over it. So as long as they didn't commit in Week 1 (which was rare if multiple teams were targeting them), I was usually in the catbird seat for Week 2, even though I looked like I was in 3rd.

psuexv
12-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I'll get my game in tonight

ryby6969
12-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Nah Jeff, I had offered them both a few weeks ago and have been at -1 for a few weeks now. I honestly think recruiting needs to not be so linear. IRL, recruits look at multiple things to decide who they want to sign with. It just feels like it needs to feel more unscripted.

JeffHCross
12-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Agreed, ryby. It is a tad too linear/predictable. But it's hard to do it otherwise, yet keep it accessible enough that the average player enjoys it without spending a ton of time on a massive learning curve. It could certainly be improved though.