PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 OD - 2012: Bowl Week

cdj
12-07-2011, 08:52 AM
We have advanced to the bowl season. We will advance again on Saturday, December 10.

There are no User v User games. Six members have bowl match-ups:

:Fiesta_Bowl:
Fiesta Bowl: #16 Baylor (CLW) vs. #5 Alabama

:Las_Vegas_Bowl:
Las Vegas Bowl: #15 Nevada (novadolla) vs. Washington

:Poinsettia_Bowl:
Poinsettia Bowl: #21 Fresno State (wrhart4) vs. Ohio State

:Beef_O_Bradys_Bowl:
Beef O'Brady's Bowl: Memphis (DariusLock) vs. Notre Dame

:Orange_Bowl:
Orange Bowl: #23 Syracuse (gschwendt) vs. #22 West Virginia

:BCS: :BCS_Trophy:
BCS National Championship: #2 Western Michigan (dukie98) vs. #1 Oregon State

Good luck!

gschwendt
12-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Worst national title game ever, especially since both teams have one loss (no offense Dukie).

Dukie98
12-07-2011, 09:40 AM
None taken. I'm the first to admit that Western Michigan has no business being ranked that highly. Other than TCU, my next best wins are over Central Michigan and Northern Illinois-- plus had a couple of closer-than-expected calls down the stretch.

For what it's worth, it would have been an Oregon- Oregon State rematch if Oregon didn't lose in the Pac-12 title game.

Escobar
12-07-2011, 09:11 PM
You forgot to list that I had a bowl game, but Mid Tenn St defeats Arizona in a rematch 47-21. After the offense exploded this season leading to a 9-4 record rumors are swirling that the Mid Tenn ST off. coordinator may be looking for greener pastures.

cdj
12-07-2011, 09:28 PM
You forgot to list that I had a bowl game, but Mid Tenn St defeats Arizona in a rematch 47-21. After the offense exploded this season leading to a 9-4 record rumors are swirling that the Mid Tenn ST off. coordinator may be looking for greener pastures.

Oops....Sorry! I guess I didn't scroll all the way down.

Congrats on the W!

DariusLock
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Dukie is all that remains, Memphis downs Notre Dame 20-38.

CLW
12-09-2011, 08:50 AM
:Baylor: takes out :Alabama: in the :Fiesta_Bowl:bowl as RGIII Cheese goes out a winner in his final game as a Bear. Once again the sillyness that is the CPU defensive playcalling became a bore BNR zero or 1 safety deep just led to a ton of compression sets for Baylor and a solid rushing effor by the Bears was enough to squeak out a victory.

cdj
12-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Oregon State defeats Western Michigan 17-14 for the National Championship.

Dukie98
12-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Very frustrating loss for Western Michigan. Oregon State took a 10-0 lead midway through the second quarter, but WMU responded with two touchdowns shortly before halftime, including a 71-yard run by running back Tevin Drake. WMU appeared to be in good shape in the fourth quarter, forcing a punt from midfield with about 3 minutes left. After two unsuccessful runs, a third-and-long pass from Alex Carder was tipped and picked off by an Oregon State linebacker around the 2:20 mark, and they ran it in with a little less than two minutes left for the lead. After struggling in the passing game all day, we finally moved the ball in the last two minutes-- had a first down at the 13-yard line with about 30 seconds and two timeouts. Tight end Blake Hammond was wide open over the middle, but dropped a very catchable pass. Carder threw it away on second down. On third down, wideout Kendrick Roberts was open on a slant-- but Carder threw behind him, and the cornerback picked off the pass with just 20 seconds left.

I suspect that the Broncos' fans may run the offensive coordinator out of town...

CLW
12-09-2011, 01:19 PM
FYI - I got an e-mail today saying we had advanced to the Bowl Week again???

cdj
12-09-2011, 06:01 PM
That was probably the End of Bowl Week e-mail. We are in the off-season (Carousel) now.