PDA

View Full Version : TGT PS3 OD - 2012: Conference Championship Week

cdj
12-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Only two users have games this week.

MAC Championship: Western Michigan (dukie) vs. Temple
ACC Championship: Syracuse (gschwendt) vs. Pittsburgh

We will advance again on Wednesday, December 7.

Good luck!

gschwendt
12-05-2011, 12:41 PM
The Syracuse Orange are sipping on Dr. Pepper flavored champagne after defeating fellow ACC newcomer Pitt in the ACC Championship Game. The Orange stuck to the same gameplan they've used all year... rely on heavy defense and a solid running game.

Syracuse got things started early as on Pitt's first play of the game, LB Brice Hawkes intercepted a pass returning it to the 4 yard line. It took four downs but Syracuse was ultimately able to punch the ball in to give the 7-0 lead early on. From there, The Orange never looked back on their way to a 23-12 victory.

With the win, Syracuse is expected to face West Virginia in the Orange Bowl.

HANDSWARD
12-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Someone brought up sliders in another thread. I figure since we are near the end of the season, it's a good time to start figuring out if we want to change them. Just throwing these out there. This is what I used in my own Dynasty when I was playing on All-American:
All Human sliders at 50
All CPU at 50 except
- Pass Coverage: 60
- Interceptions: 25
- Rush D: 60
- Tackling: 55

If we want to get crazy and turn up the difficulty to Heisman, right now this is the slider set I'm using:
All Human sliders at 50
All CPU at 50 except
- Interceptions: 15
- Rush D: 55

Thoughts?

Dukie98
12-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Western Michigan is off to the first-ever BCS Bowl in school history, after a come-from-behind 27-17 victory over Temple in the MAC championship. Temple took the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and increased the lead to 17-0 shortly before halftime, as WMU's quarterback threw three first-half interceptions. WMU responded with a touchdown shortly before halftime, then added two more in the third quarter to take the lead. After a field goal with three minutes left extended the lead to 7, Temple had one final drive, DT Travonte Boles sacked Temple QB Mike Gerardi on fourth down, allowing the Broncos to effectively run out the clock. Running back Tevin Drake led the offense with 173 yards on 26 carries, including a 55-yard TD run early in the third quarter.

The Broncos' attention now turns to the Pac-12 title game-- if USC upsets Oregon, Western Michigan may sneak into the title game picture (most undeservedly, in the opinion of its offensive coordinator)....

cdj
12-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Someone brought up sliders in another thread. I figure since we are near the end of the season, it's a good time to start figuring out if we want to change them. Just throwing these out there. This is what I used in my own Dynasty when I was playing on All-American:
All Human sliders at 50
All CPU at 50 except
- Pass Coverage: 60
- Interceptions: 25
- Rush D: 60
- Tackling: 55

I like these, at least as a starting point. If no one disagrees, I'll add these for next season. Should we need more tweaks, we can do so as the season advances.

Escobar
12-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I like Steelerfan's sliders, but with the game speed at Normal, and 8 min quarters.

HANDSWARD
12-07-2011, 11:43 PM
I like Steelerfan's sliders, but with the game speed at Normal, and 8 min quarters.

Definitely agree on the game speed.

Dukie98
12-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Also agree on 8 minute quarters.

I'm fine with adjusting the sliders upward. What are they at now?

Also, I suggest maybe bringing the kick power/ accuracy sliders down a little bit for both humans and CPU-- from my games, it seems like 50+ yard field goals are succeeding at a much higher rate than they should. I had a true freshman kicker who was nearly perfect, even beyond 40.