PDA

View Full Version : Will you use Custom Conferences in light of the real-life changes?

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Even though the changes won't take effect until next year, will you still make changes?

I think I'm going to for my TeamBuilder dynasty, but that is it.

I'm creating Nebraska Tech and going to move them and Nebraska into the Big Ten. I'm going to make my school a one-star or two-star school, even though they're going to be in the Big Ten.

Here's what I'm planning on doing.

Entering Big Ten - Nebraska, Nebraska Tech
Leaving Big Ten - Northwestern, Indiana

Entering Big XII - Indiana
Entering MAC - Northwestern

Leaving MAC (and the NCAA) - Eastern Michigan

Those are what immediately impact my TeamBuilder Team....I may look to move around other schools too, or I may just leave it at that.

griffin2608
07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/marlinjames.com/ccc?key=0AvS7zk-yvBE5dDNKTUNJMlpTcTZQbDZNTEJ6NmRWX1E&hl=en

Here is a little spread sheet I made to reflect the conference changes. All you have to do is cut and paste the teams to simulate what you will have to do in the game. Just remember that you have to swap teams 1:1 every conference must have the same number of teams it began with.

HWill
07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
The changes don't really affect my Teambuilder Team because it's in SEC country, but for my offline dynasty, i'm using Ohio State, so i'll probably just switch out Nebraska for Indiana.

griffin2608
07-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm going to try to swap the MAC with the Big 10, the pac 10 with the Big 12, and move some teams around to make it work. I know this is going to screw up the bowl bids but I am going to try it first by simulating a few seasons to see how it plays out.

hillbill
07-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Is that how you would be able to have 12 teams in the Big Ten? This would be fun, but probably a lot of work...

Solidice
07-01-2010, 03:07 PM
for my single player OD, I planned on possibly playing as San Diego State and rearranging the MWC a little(and basically butchering the WAC :D ).

replacing New Mexico(worst team in the MWC ratings wise) for Boise State. Also, possibly bringing over Frenso St.(who is a rival of both Boise and SDSU), and replace Wyoming. thought about also replacing UNLV with Nevada, but UNLV is also a rival of SDSU, so I'm not sure if I want to do that. and I want to keep Colorado State and Air Force in. may not be BCS tough ratings wise, but it should be a fun dynasty. if conference invites are in OD, I'll be able to eventually to get to the Pac-10, but if not, the MWC should be competitive with Boise, Utah, TCU, and BYU as the top teams. Fresno being in Cali, could pull some good seasons as well. I possibly could go further and knock AF and CSU out and bring in Houston and SMU in. that would make SDSU(72 Ovr) the worst team and the next closest team being Fresno St.(78 ovr).

so my most likely line-up would be:
Boise State (93)
TCU (90)
BYU(86)
Utah (86)
Fresno State (78)
Colorado State (76)
Air Force (75)
San Diego State (72)
UNLV (71)

other possible teams:
Nevada (79)
Houston (80)
SMU (78)

griffin2608
07-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Yea actually you would have 13 teams in the big 10 so I added rutgers and the championship game would be in detriot so I think it will be kind of cool.

souljahbill
07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Nope.

*Copy. (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?371-How-much-Realism-do-you-strive-for-in-Dynasties-%28All-sports-games%29) Paste. Roll out.*

Take a look (and laugh hysterically) at my conference realignment and you'll see how "unrealistic" my dynasties are from the very start.

Note: The only school I couldn't fit in perfectly geographically was Ball State so I created a team and used Ball State as the model.

Sun Belt

1. Memphis
2. Vanderbilt
3. Middle Tennessee St.
4. Alabama-Birmingham
5. Troy
6. Florida International
7. Florida Atlantic
8. South Florida
9. Central Florida

C-USA

East Division
1. Arkansas
2. Arkansas St.
3. UL-Monroe
4. UL-Lafayette
5. Louisiana Tech
6. Tulane

West Division
1. Baylor
2. Houston
3. Rice
4. Southern Methodist
5. Texas Christian
6. North Texas

Mountain West

1. UTEP
2. New Mexico
3. New Mexico St.
4. Colorado
5. Colorado St.
6. Wyoming
7. Utah
8. Utah St.
9. BYU

WAC

1. Arizona
2. Arizona St.
3. Boise St.
4. Idaho
5. Fresno St.
6. San Diego St.
7. San Jose St.
8. Nevada
9. UNLV

Pac-10

1. Alaska Tech (Created school with Ball St. template)
2. Hawaii
3. USC
4. UCLA
5. Cal
6. Stanford
7. Oregon
8. Oregon St.
9. Washington
10. Washington St.

ACC

Coastal
1. Maryland
2. East Carolina
3. Marshall
4. West Virginia
5. Virginia
6. Virginia Tech

Atlantic
1. North Carolina
2. North Carolina St.
3. Duke
4. Wake Forest
5. Clemson
6. South Carolina

Big East

1. Boston College
2. Temple
3. Penn St.
4. Pittsburgh
5. Syracuse
6. Buffalo
7. Rutgers
8. UConn

MAC

East Division
1. Michigan
2. Michigan St.
3. Eastern Michigan
4. Central Michigan
5. Western Michigan
6. Bowling Green
7. Toledo

West Division
1. Ohio
2. Ohio St.
3. Cincinnati
4. Miami (OH)
5. Akron
6. Kent St.

Independants

1. Army
2. Navy
3. Air Force

Big 10

1. Kentucky
2. Louisville
3. Western Kentucky
4. Illinois
5. Northern Illinois
6. Northwestern
7. Minnesota
8. Wisconsin
9. Indiana
10. Notre Dame
11. Purdue

SEC

East Division
1. Florida
2. Florida St.
3. Miami
4. Georgia
5. Georgia Tech
6. Tennessee

West Division
1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Ole Miss
4. Mississippi St.
5. Southern Miss
6. LSU

Big 12

North Division
1. Kansas
2. Kansas St.
3. Nebraska
4. Missouri
5. Iowa
6. Iowa St.

South Division
1. Texas
2. Texas A&M
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. Oklahoma St.
6. Tulsa

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
The changes don't really affect my Teambuilder Team because it's in SEC country, but for my offline dynasty, i'm using Ohio State, so i'll probably just switch out Nebraska for Indiana.

That seems to be a popular choice.

I wanted to go into the Big Ten with my team, and wanted to have Nebraska as a natural rival. That's why I did some musical chairs with it. Decided to give EMU the axe since they're the worst team in the game basically (ranking-wise).

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Nope.

*Copy. Paste. Roll out.*

Is that similar to stop, drop and roll? :D

souljahbill
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
That seems to be a popular choice.

I wanted to go into the Big Ten with my team, and wanted to have Nebraska as a natural rival. That's why I did some musical chairs with it. Decided to give EMU the axe since they're the worst team in the game basically (ranking-wise).

I looked at a map earlier today and I had no idea how close Eastern Michigan is to the Univ. of Michigan in terms of proximity. It's basically right down the street.

souljahbill
07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Is that similar to stop, drop and roll? :D

Well, if I were on fire, I wouldn't copy, paste, and roll out. ;)

AustinWolv
07-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I looked at a map earlier today and I had no idea how close Eastern Michigan is to the Univ. of Michigan in terms of proximity. It's basically right down the street.
Indeed it is. And very different. Yspi is more.....urban.....than Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor is picturesque college town, while Ypsi is.......not.
I stayed with my cousin, who had a condo on outskirts of Ypsi, for my last semester at UM. It is pretty close.

And no, I won't bother with changing the confs around.

Kwizzy
07-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I would if I could alter the number of teams in each conference but since I would have to replace schools I most likely will not.

griffin2608
07-01-2010, 03:20 PM
http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/marlinjames.com/ccc?key=0AvS7zk-yvBE5dFc2b3hXWTI1YWZyX1BDa3Bxd1VveHc&hl=en

This is what my conferences are going to look like. I still have some adjusting to do, but you get the idea.

souljahbill
07-01-2010, 03:22 PM
http://spreadsheets.google.com/a/marlinjames.com/ccc?key=0AvS7zk-yvBE5dFc2b3hXWTI1YWZyX1BDa3Bxd1VveHc&hl=en

This is what my conferences are going to look like. I still have some adjusting to do, but you get the idea.

Are you going to give us your log in and password? :D

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Well, if I were on fire, I wouldn't copy, paste, and roll out. ;)

:D yeah don't get the two confused.

griffin2608
07-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Are you going to give us your log in and password? :D

I was wondering if the site would ask for that. I guess I am stumpped I dont know how to publish it any other way, which sucks.

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 03:26 PM
I think in the end I'll do some more shifting to put Colorado and Utah in the Pac 10....move Boise to the MWC, so maybe put Washington State in the WAC, maybe Colorado State in the Big 12. I think that satisfies all moves.

HawkFan
07-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I have been debating this a lot over the past couple of days and I still can not make up my mind on whether to do it or not. My big sticking point on not wanting to change things around to drastically is because the CPU will not recognize the conference changes in terms of bowls and bcs invites and by putting someone like Ohio State in MAC with a bunch of other good teams is going to make it really hard for them to reach the title game. That's my dilemma with it.

souljahbill
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
:D yeah don't get the two confused.

Heaven forbid I catch fire while trying to move text from one place to another. Any confusion would be disastrous.

Solidice
07-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I was wondering if the site would ask for that. I guess I am stumpped I dont know how to publish it any other way, which sucks.

I can view it, I guess you have to be logged into google(or at least gmail)

there are sharing setting that should allow people to view it without logging in. just as long as you don't allow them to edit it and have them mess it up. :D

griffin2608
07-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I have been debating this a lot over the past couple of days and I still can not make up my mind on whether to do it or not. My big sticking point on not wanting to change things around to drastically is because the CPU will not recognize the conference changes in terms of bowls and bcs invites and by putting someone like Ohio State in MAC with a bunch of other good teams is going to make it really hard for them to reach the title game. That's my dilemma with it.

I have been thinking about that too. My hope is the conference gets better because the teams in it are better and the strength of schedule comes into play but who knows. That is why I am going to be running a couple test years to see how it plays out.

Potatoes002
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Im going to move the Big 12 to the Pac 10, and the Pac 10 to the Big 12 (with Utah and Colorado).

Big 12 only has 10 schools and Pac 10 has 12, so this will work fine.

HawkFan
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Im going to move the Big 12 to the Pac 10, and the Pac 10 to the Big 12 (with Utah and Colorado).

Big 12 only has 10 schools and Pac 10 has 12, so this will work fine.

+1 I never even thought of doing that. Who will you replace Utah with in the WAC though?

Potatoes002
07-01-2010, 04:18 PM
+1 I never even thought of doing that. Who will you replace Utah with in the WAC though?

You mean Mountain West? I probably will send Indiana to the MWC because I will be swapping them out of the Big 10 for Nebraska.

HawkFan
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Yep I meant Mountain West. With Nebraska going to the Big Ten for Indiana it just might work and I like it a lot. I might go one step further and put Notre Dame in the Big East and take Uconn.

Potatoes002
07-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Yep I meant Mountain West. With Nebraska going to the Big Ten for Indiana it just might work and I like it a lot. I might go one step further and put Notre Dame in the Big East and take Uconn.

Big 12 can't have conference championship games anymore, and the Pac-10 will be adding one so it will work there too. The only downside is the bowl match-ups won't be the same as the real life counterparts, but I care very little for that.

Rudy
07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm moving Nebraska and Pitt to the Big 10 for Indiana and Minnesota. I'm moving Utah to the PAC 10 for Wash. St and I'm moving Boise St. and TCU to the Big 12 (replaces Nebraska and bumps Iowa St). I'm also putting Notre Dame in the Big East to replace Pitt. This destroys the MWC (except it still has BYU) but strengthens the Big 12 after losing Nebraska. I like Pitt for some reason and want them in the Big 10. I just don't think I'll have much interest playing against Indiana or Minnesota since they suck so they are gone.

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Big 12 can't have conference championship games anymore, and the Pac-10 will be adding one so it will work there too. The only downside is the bowl match-ups won't be the same as the real life counterparts, but I care very little for that.

Yeah same here....for the OD's I'm going to be in, I don't think we're going to change anything. But for my own TeamBuilder dynasty, I'll do a little mix and matching, it won't be 100% perfect, but that's fine with me for NCAA 11.

HawkFan
07-01-2010, 04:37 PM

I am definitely going to use this blueprint. Cause I could care less about the bowl matchups as well.

steelerfan
07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm not doing anything. There is no realistic fix.

Iron Dragon
07-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Since I am continuing my '10 dynasty and got into the Big XII with Tulane (which I will start to post here soon..), I'm moving Nebraska and Colorado out of the Big Ten for Utah and TCU, Boise goes to the Mtn. West and all of that.

ebin
07-02-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm definitely going to mix things up. I'm not as much of a stickler for realism as I used to be, so I doubt I'll end up with anything that resembles the actual changes. I've gone through about 10 or 12 versions now, but I think I'm finally close to happy with it. I want to make one super conference, removing the four lowest rated teams in the SEC (Kentucky, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Tennessee) and replacing them with Oklahoma, Texas, A&M, and my Teambuilder Georgia Tech team. Those schools will end up in the Big 12, along with pretty much the entire Big East. That way, I can recreate most of the old Big 8 (except Oklahoma) in the Big East. Finally I'm going to make the non-BCS conferences more regional, with the Mountain West comprised of schools from California, Idaho, Nevada and Utah; a C-USA west with schools from Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming; the C-USA east will be all Texas schools; the "WAC" will be 1- and 2-star teams from the southeast; and the Sun Belt will be a mixture of mostly 2- and 3-star teams, the majority of which will be the old C-USA east.

Now I just got to figure out all the swaps that will make this possible, LOL.

iBrandon
07-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I'll probably keep everything like it is.

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 12:59 AM
I am a stickler for bowl matchups, so I'll leave as is. Plus, for me, I want to play the way that it is this season. If there was full customized conferences, I would change it, but no.

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I am a stickler for bowl matchups, so I'll leave as is. Plus, for me, I want to play the way that it is this season. If there was full customized conferences, I would change it, but no.

Yeah I'm just going to tinker with it on my teambuilder dynasty.....since that is hypothetical with a fake team anyways. But that will be all I change conferences in.

Rudy
07-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Here's a really nice read breaking down each conference and their ratings. I think I may re-think dropping Minnesota since they are very over-rated at 85 and drop Illinois instead. The Illini are the worst team in the Big 10!

http://pursuitofperfection10.wordpress.com/2010/07/05/breaking-down-team-ratings-in-ncaa-football-11-from-ea-sports-e3-ratings-edition/

Ray27Rice
07-09-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't think you can, but can you play the first season as the conferences are now, then change them to the real ones the following season, or do you need to do it before you even begin the dynasty?

gschwendt
07-09-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't think you can, but can you play the first season as the conferences are now, then change them to the real ones the following season, or do you need to do it before you even begin the dynasty?
You have to make any conference changes prior to starting the dynasty. As well, you won't be able to fully emulate the conference changes since you can't change the number of teams in a conference, only swap teams around.

VandalJon
07-10-2010, 02:02 PM
WAC-9

Idaho
BSU
WSU
UDub
OSU
Oregon
Utah St.
Post Falls (My high school - create-a-school)
Montana (create-a-school)

Mountain West-9

Nevada
Colo St.
Colorado
New Mexico
New Mexico St.
UTEP
Utah
BYU
SDSU

Pac 10 - 10