PDA

View Full Version : NCAA FB Recruiting

DariusLock
07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Just thought I would go ahead and post a recruiting thread. Ole Miss is starting off slow as usual, but I feel more confident than ever. We have two 4*'s and two 3*'s and unless something goes really wrong I don't feel they will switch. All 4 have shut down their recruiting and are done as they say, we landed the #1 Center in the country last week with Ethan Hutson.

This could easily be the best Ole Miss recruiting class ever if we have a decent season this year. We are in on the most 4 and 5*'s that I have ever seen since tracking recruiting.

DariusLock
07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Two four star DB's from Florida commited yesterday as well as a three star linebacker from Florida. Jebus Ole Miss is getting a lot of players from other states now.

Gerrod Holliman #5 DB In the nation according to rivals.
Andrew johnson #17 DB
Serderius Bryant LB

razorback44
07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Arkansas got a commit yesterday from the #7 OT in the country, Brey Cook.

Cook is the #1 player in the state of Arkansas and chose the Hogs over Oklahoma, Auburn and a boat load of other schools.

Some were originally worried that he would sign with either OU, the first school to offer him, or Auburn but the Hogs made a strong push with him over the last month and in the end he didn't want to leave his home state.

Brey Cook Bio (http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansasvarsity/football/recruiting/player-Brey-Cook-97252)

DariusLock
07-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Congrats

souljahbill
07-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Where do y'all get these recruiting scoops?

UGA14
07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
UGA has got a good class so far for next year.

AustinWolv
07-08-2010, 10:02 AM
soul, from Rivals team site for me.

UM has a solid depth class going with a couple 4-star guys, but no gamebreakers yet. That could change if Dee Hart joins the ship, as he's been long favoring UM but is weary of another bad season. It will be a smallish class at about 17 players. It is defense-heavy at this point, but the lone WR looks like a big, sure-handed out-leap-everyone guy that isn't quite a burner though.
In on some good recruits, but appears many are taking the wait-and-see approach with Michigan's upcoming season.

razorback44
07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I get my Razorback recruiting info usually from Arkansas' largest message board, Hogville. Our rivals and scout sites aren't very good so if we are recruiting against another SEC school and Hogville has nothing then its sometimes easier to get info off the other SEC boards.

DariusLock
07-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Maikhail Miller has named us as his favorite school. Said he will commit July 17th at Ole Miss' one day senior camp. This also raises speculation of a mass commit rumor that has been going around.

Rivals Weekly Whispers Featuring Ole Miss, UNC, Michigan, Stanford, FSU, & more. (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1101205)

razorback44
07-08-2010, 04:54 PM
I could see Miller, PJ Jones and some of the WR's all pulling the trigger at one time.

AustinWolv
07-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Maikhail Miller has named us as his favorite school. Said he will commit July 17th at Ole Miss' one day senior camp. This also raises speculation of a mass commit rumor that has been going around.

Rivals Weekly Whispers Featuring Ole Miss, UNC, Michigan, Stanford, FSU, & more. (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1101205)

That update, for UM, hits the mark as they need numbers on the OL in this class.

DariusLock
07-18-2010, 03:26 PM
4* WR Donte Moncrief commits to Ole Miss.

According to Rivals we had 8 four star recruits last year. We already have 5 total for this recruiting class and we lead for a couple more 4*s. this is starting to shape up as the best recruiting class Ole Miss has ever had.

DariusLock
07-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Souljah USM has two 2*s committed and two 3*s. Just incase you did not know...

razorback44
07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
You picked up another solid one today Darius. I thought MSU was going to clean house instate this year?!? :D

DariusLock
07-19-2010, 02:53 PM
You picked up another solid one today Darius. I thought MSU was going to clean house instate this year?!? :D

They could have if it wasn't so talented this year. The past two recruiting seasons, we have been getting players from all over. This year Mississippi is packed with talent, so we are going after them. The past two seasons we have been able to get the players we really wanted out of Ole Miss. We picked up Patrick Patterson, Carlton Martin, Byron Bennet, Vincent Sanders, and more that were top level talent. I figure soon Nic Brassell will commit, they interviewed him at the camp and he got all giddy when asked if Donte, TJ, PJ, Singleton, and Miller went if he would. Donte commited, TJ has said he will commit anyday, and Miller has already said Ole Miss is where he is going. We picked up another commit today a lb, so it looks like they are all taking turns doing their commit days. We had the 3 florida guys... Now we get Donte and one day later we get Marcus Mayers who MSU said was gonna be theirs. It's really exciting following our recruiting this year, this will be the best class we have ever had.

Marcus Mayers is a 3* LB from Taylorsville, MS. Bama, USM, MSU, and Oklahoma offered him. He is 6'2 192lbs, he is gonna have plenty up time to bulk up though as we are getting deep at LB.

EDIT: Adding this video link you can see Brassel gettin giddy on the right in his video also. In this video: Mikhail Miller, TJ Worthy, Josh Pinkston, Nickolas Brassell, Donte Moncreif, and AJ King.

Brassell makes people look bad, even if they are holding all over him. I hear he is an even better shutdown corner...

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CfRtvgUqdM&feature=player_embedded#!)

iBrandon
07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Baylor received some pretty good commitments over the last few days. The biggest was yesterday, when 4* T Spencer Drango gave a hard verbal to Baylor. They also received a commitment Sunday from 3* DT Isaiah Norton.

Bears have 12 verbal’s right now… more than they usually have at this time of the year.

DariusLock
07-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Mikhail Miller commits to Ole Miss today. 3 commits in three days... I told you these guys were letting each other have the spotlight for their commits.