PDA

View Full Version : The Can't Sleep Thread

oweb26
07-01-2010, 03:00 AM
So its roughly 3:00 A.M CST and I am wide the hell awake. My dogs aren't even awake anymore and they don't even move when I get up.

This is getting rough, there is only so much cheaters you can look at. LOL :D

Rudy
07-01-2010, 06:31 AM
I have an easy time falling asleep but I simply can't sleep in anymore. I was always a morning person and now with two young kids, I rarely sleep until 6 am. I don't even set an alarm anymore. Sleeping in until 7 am is impossible.

oweb26
07-01-2010, 06:36 AM
I have an easy time falling asleep but I simply can't sleep in anymore. I was always a morning person and now with two young kids, I rarely sleep until 6 am. I don't even set an alarm anymore. Sleeping in until 7 am is impossible.

I am already back up after about 2 hours of sleep, my little one is up and she was kicking me in my head and thinking its funny. LOL

texacotea
07-01-2010, 06:41 AM
I am already back up after about 2 hours of sleep, my little one is up and she was kicking me in my head and thinking its funny. LOL

nothing funny about that. My 3yr old likes to get in the bed and sleep sideways all while rubbing her feet together on any part of my body she can. She sleeps in her own bed but has those nights where she gets up and its easier to let her get in with us than send her on her way.

oweb26
07-01-2010, 06:48 AM
nothing funny about that. My 3yr old likes to get in the bed and sleep sideways all while rubbing her feet together on any part of my body she can. She sleeps in her own bed but has those nights where she gets up and its easier to let her get in with us than send her on her way.

If she was 3 I might be a little upset shes only 7 months. Gotta get my morning cup of Joe to kick start my juices.

Rudy
07-01-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't drink coffee. Just don't like it and usually don't need it. I do feel a bit tired today but I'm on vacation. Today is Canada Day!

oweb26
07-01-2010, 07:18 AM
aww man, if I could have sex with my coffee i would,

She has a nice hot, full body. Nice smooth dark or caramel skin, just my kind of woman. umm I would eat her up.....oh wait I do...:D..lol

My wife just woke up and asked me if I ever sleep...my response well I try to but all you cunts in the house are always bothering me. I then proceed to get a sound "Fuck you"

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 08:15 AM
I don't drink coffee. Just don't like it and usually don't need it. I do feel a bit tired today but I'm on vacation. Today is Canada Day!

I usually have one or two 20 oz'ers a day at work.

aww man, if I could have sex with my coffee i would,

She has a nice hot, full body. Nice smooth dark or caramel skin, just my kind of woman. umm I would eat her up.....oh wait I do...:D..lol

My wife just woke up and asked me if I ever sleep...my response well I try to but all you cunts in the house are always bothering me. I then proceed to get a sound "Fuck you"

:D would you expect anything else?

JBHuskers
07-01-2010, 08:17 AM
I have sleep apnea myself so it's not about getting to sleep, it's about getting good sleep for me, which I never really get until I get this fixed. Unfortunately work's insurance went from completely kick-ass to completely cheap, so I'm just building up my HSA account this year, and then will weigh my options in 2011.

texacotea
07-01-2010, 09:10 AM
If she was 3 I might be a little upset shes only 7 months. Gotta get my morning cup of Joe to kick start my juices.

Sometimes she is bad about it but others I dont even notice, she was in the bed this morning and I had no idea until I woke up. I have the urge for coffee only on occasions, but I have been on a carmal frappe kick from mickey Ds.

oweb26
07-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I have sleep apnea myself so it's not about getting to sleep, it's about getting good sleep for me, which I never really get until I get this fixed. Unfortunately work's insurance went from completely kick-ass to completely cheap, so I'm just building up my HSA account this year, and then will weigh my options in 2011.

Thats kinda my thing, I can doze off like its nothing, but I will not stay asleep, unless I get to drinking. I think having a baby did nothing to me because most of the time I was already awake just trying to fall back asleep. The good thing is I can play football all hours of the night and still get up in the morning, the bad part is I get sleepy as shit around 12-1 oclock in the afternoon.
Its always been like that for me so now I'm kinda use to it.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Ah, my kinda thread. Wasn't tired at all until 3am last night. Woke up at 1:30. Not feeling tired at all right now. It's gonna be bad cuz I know i'll just be raiding the fridge and regretting it. What should i start with....lol.

morsdraconis
07-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Can't sleep either. Listening to old Soundgarden on youtube trying my best not to belt out the lyrics...

Doesn't help that I'm not tired at all...

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 02:30 AM
I'm going to bed now, but this is my thread for future nights. Lol. I usually don't get to sleep until around 3 or 4 am. I write most of my music and do my long write ups after midnight for some reason. Then I gotta wake up at 8 or 9 and just feel like kickin' it for another 3 hours in the sheets. No good. I could go to sleep if I just went to bed. But I just don't.

However, now is that time cause I had a 3 hr drive today to my wife's mom's house, and that drive kicks my boote. So good night. See you again tomorrow night haha

Deuce
07-03-2010, 10:37 AM

I have apnea as well. Been using a CPAP for about 10 years and now I can't sleep without it. They are totally worth it. Once you can get one I would do it. You'll feel like a new man.

oweb26
07-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Its 4 A.M and I am still awake guess I will stream some tudors on netflix I'm still about two season behind.

Nothingface
07-05-2010, 01:21 AM
I took 3 ridiculous naps today so I think i'll be up again for awhile.

steelerfan
07-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I've got my days and nights reversed. I hate that shit!

souljahbill
07-05-2010, 06:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmDyBUSAIt8

Nothingface
07-06-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm actually pretty confident that I'll fall asleep before 1:37am. It's gonna happen.

JBHuskers
07-06-2010, 12:47 AM
This is my normal time to go to sleep, but if I'm back in an hour or two....I'll post in here again.

Nothingface
07-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Then we can play some ncaa 11? Wait, there's something really wrong here. Yep, I need a copy.

This is my normal time to go to sleep, but if I'm back in an hour or two....I'll post in here again.

Kingpin32
07-06-2010, 01:24 AM
I just drove to Walmart to fulfill my cravings for candy, so I think I'll be up for a while. Nerds FTW!

JBHuskers
07-06-2010, 07:47 AM
I almost came back.....I didn't sleep well AT ALL last night. Probably too much sleep from the three-day weekend.

NatureBoy
07-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I've always been a night owl but with our 9 month old, it's really hard to stay up as late as I used to. She wakes up every morning between 6:30 and 7:00 am.

oweb26
07-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I've always been a night owl but with our 9 month old, it's really hard to stay up as late as I used to. She wakes up every morning between 6:30 and 7:00 am.

I wake up about that time anyway so my 7 month old doesn't even bother me, I was actually tired as hell last night guess we should have family cookouts more often.

Slept like a baby all night, and thinking about taking another nap today.

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 02:00 AM
I don't feel tired at all. Wanna kill some time. Anyone want to play ncaa 10?

morsdraconis
07-07-2010, 05:03 AM
Well, looks like an allnighter for me. I'm tired, but man, I can't go to sleep now. I'll sleep until 3 in the afternoon then....

Time for some caffeine induced video games.

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Ya, im so damn bored. Didn't know chat rooms still existed so I went to yahoo.....gotta love bots. I tried to play rainbow 6 vegas 2 but I can't concentrate. lol. sucks.

UGA14
07-07-2010, 12:35 PM
This reminds me of college. I never slept. My friends still text me in the middle of the night knowing I'll be awake pretty much always. That isn't always the case anymore as work and other things take other my life, I still pull some pretty late night. Stayed up until about 2 last night, got up this morning, came to work. But wait, I'm posting on here.. so let me get back to work.

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't think I can take another night without proper sleep. I hope I don't have to re-visit this thread tonight.

oweb26
07-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Looks like its going to be a late one for me, I'm wide awake so I'm researching parts for my 68 Firebird. I will probably be visiting this thread a couple of times.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Was going to go to bed, but busy editing some videos for public viewing Friday morning at 11am central. And to get the last demo match-up done so I have all the Pro Combat unis on the PS3. Gonna try to sleep after this demo game now that I have YouTube fired up for the night uploading like mad.

gschwendt
07-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Was going to go to bed, but busy editing some videos for public viewing Friday morning at 11am central. And to get the last demo match-up done so I have all the Pro Combat unis on the PS3. Gonna try to sleep after this demo game now that I have YouTube fired up for the night uploading like mad.
Maybe you're the reason my first attempt to upload a video just now didn't go through. About to try again but hopefully it doesn't prevent us from uploading more than one at a time to the same account.

oweb26
07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
F*** both of you!!! :D It wouldn't be so bad being awake, if I had something to play.

Yeah that was a joke fellows.

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think i'll be asleep within the hour. I'm bored so I'm watching a cpu vs cpu game on ncaa 10. Actually i've done that alot. Made double elimination tourneys (acc, pac10 so far) of each conference. I don't watch every game but check up on them every once in awhile. Yep, I'm a fucking nerd.

oweb26
07-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think i'll be asleep within the hour. I'm bored so I'm watching a cpu vs cpu game on ncaa 10. Actually i've done that alot. Made double elimination tourneys (acc, pac10 so far) of each conference. I don't watch every game but check up on them every once in awhile. Yep, I'm a fucking nerd.

LOL I can actually sit here with a straight face and say I have never done that one. I think its time for you to go to sleep. I think I'm finally about to crash myself.

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 02:44 AM
LOL I can actually sit here with a straight face and say I have never done that one. I think its time for you to go to sleep. I think I'm finally about to crash myself.

I think you are right.

SmoothPancakes
07-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Yeah, this thread would have been perfect for me last night. I couldn't sleep for shit last night, sitting there watching the Military Channel until about 2-2:30 in the morning. Yeah, only problem with that? I had to be up at 4am for work! Ugh I hate my damn sleeping habits. :(

Kingpin32
07-08-2010, 11:34 AM

I used to do that with Madden in high school. I tried to have it playing while I did my homework, but I always ended up sitting there and watching it instead of doing my homework.

oweb26
07-16-2010, 05:55 PM
wow everyone can sleep now that the game is out??? :)

Nothingface
07-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Prob exhaust themselves from playin all day. I stayed up playin all night on wednesday, good times.

I OU a Beatn
07-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Some of my fondest memories as a teenager was pulling all-nighters with NCAA during the PS2 days. Some of my best games came at like 4 in the morning. Now I'm too much of a pussy to even stay up past 2. :D

HWill
07-17-2010, 12:42 AM
I have spent the last two hours listening to College Football, College Basketball, NBA, and NFL TV theme songs on YouTube. I need to go bed.

Nothingface
07-17-2010, 01:22 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh i wish someone on here plays on the 360!

steelerfan
07-17-2010, 02:49 AM
I spent the day in the HOT Texas sun re-sodding my buddy's front yard. 5 1/2 pallets of grass...uggggh. Needless to say, I got home at 5 PM, showered and promptly fell asleep till 2 AM. So now I'll probably be awake all damn night. Grrrr.

morsdraconis
07-17-2010, 03:01 AM
Well, I was up, but now I'm going to bed. Is it sad that I find more enjoyment out of having to transfer everything over from the game to the forum than if I was going to do it on Dynasty Wire?

Probably...

oweb26
07-17-2010, 11:17 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh i wish someone on here plays on the 360!

With we are ever up at the same time, I will play you add me....oweb2

oweb26
07-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Well, I was up, but now I'm going to bed. Is it sad that I find more enjoyment out of having to transfer everything over from the game to the forum than if I was going to do it on Dynasty Wire?

Probably...
If I was going to do a dynasty write up I would still do it myself, the shots they take on the wire are horrible, and I dont know about anyone else but I can't access it from work, which would be one of my main points.

Speaking of work........you site people need to do something about that, I guess because the title has "game" in it, I cant access it, but I can get the other site.

Prob exhaust themselves from playin all day. I stayed up playin all night on wednesday, good times.

I know thats why I havent been up work from 8-5, playing football from 6-1....sleep....hit repeat.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 01:15 AM
Getting old and now taking more naps after work :D so now I'm pretty wide awake at 1:15.

HuskerBlitz
07-20-2010, 01:41 AM
I blame having summers off and this damn addictive game my wife got for me and the continuing quest to keep the Prairie Dogs relevant. :P

Plus, it's storming right now, so that's keeping me up. :rolleyes:

Nothingface
07-20-2010, 01:52 AM
With we are ever up at the same time, I will play you add me....oweb2

I never see you on!!

Nothingface
07-21-2010, 02:09 AM
I'm up if anyone wants to play ncaa 11, IM me on AIM Born2raizecane or find me on XBL!

Nothingface
07-21-2010, 02:34 AM
So I got bored and decided to pop in NCAA 07. I suggest everyone do that NOW! The games graphics that blew us away was ejected out of my system in about 2 minutes. lol. The framrate is horrible, the field is green glass and the graphics are all static. aye!

Nothingface
07-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Should I post in here again.......it'd be like four in a row.

JBHuskers
07-22-2010, 11:54 PM
I will post this ahead of time because I'm all f'n stuffed up and nothing is working, going to be tossing and turning all night I think.

oweb26
07-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Make a hot tottie that clears up everything, via http://www.ehow.com/how_2138552_hot-totty.html, what I would reccommend is cheap whiskey it has the desired effect of making you sweat at night thus clearing you up, I have taken it with NYquil and all I can say is I hope you dont have anything planned until about 12:00.

Its not really an exact science hell I just pour until I feel like I have the right amount. hold up...your a damn bartender aren't you? or is it a DJ?

I OU a Beatn
07-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I can finally stay up late for once, and I'm pretty excited about it. I started training for my new job this past Monday, and HOLY FUCK. I had absolutely no idea just how mentally draining it would be. It's an hour drive to start, and then I have a 9 hour shift with an hour lunch, followed by another hour drive home, and I'm basically gone from 8am until 7pm at night. Good bye, social life. It doesn't help that the training is about the most boring thing I have ever forced myself to go through. Fortunately enough, the job has great pay, great benefits, and fits in perfectly with my college classes I'll start in the fall, so I can do both during the same time frame.

I'm excited about the weekend though, starting tonight. Staying up until 2 or 3am playing EAGCCS games against everyone sounds so promising.

oweb26
12-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Just like old times sake....wide awake still.

JeffHCross
03-13-2011, 04:07 AM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnn

oweb26
03-16-2011, 08:17 AM
wow three months of no one not being able to sleep.

JeffHCross
03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
I posted in it last week :P

JBHuskers
03-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Sleep apnea sucks.

oweb26
05-28-2011, 02:52 AM
AND.................I'm still awake

steelerfan
05-28-2011, 03:21 AM

+1

SmoothPancakes
05-28-2011, 04:49 AM

I have no choice but to be awake. A 6am morning show makes it impossible to sleep past 3am, if I am even able to fall asleep on Friday nights. Been getting up on Saturdays at the taint of dawn (it's still so dark out and so early when I get up, I can't even see the asscrack of dawn yet) since around this time last year. Definitely sucks. I miss sleeping in until at least 8 or 9am on Saturdays.

Nothingface
05-28-2011, 07:23 AM
i havent had a NIGHTS sleep in 5 days.

SmoothPancakes
05-28-2011, 07:29 AM
i havent had a NIGHTS sleep in 5 days.

Same here. My sleep has been screwed up all to hell this entire past week. All week long, I wasn't able to fall asleep until 3 or 4am if I was lucky. I just end up tossing and turning half the time for hours on end. I'm tired as hell by mid-afternoon, a couple nights actually falling asleep by 7 or 8pm because I'm so tired, only to then end up waking up at something like only two hours later, further screwing me up.

Nothingface
05-28-2011, 07:35 AM
I gave up man. I stopped fighting it so ive been a netflix junkie because of it. How you kill the time?

SmoothPancakes
05-28-2011, 07:56 AM
I gave up man. I stopped fighting it so ive been a netflix junkie because of it. How you kill the time?

I'll either throw on my headphones and listen to music, like you I'll start working on my massive list of Instant Play stuff on Netflixs, maybe work on some games that I haven't had time or the chance to play lately (I seem to always have a backlog of at least 2-5 games that are sitting there waiting to be played but I haven't had the chance to touch yet), or if there's something good on tv, either watch movies or sports.

I've become an AFL (Aussie Rules Football) junkie over the past month because there is always a game on ESPN3 (and occasionally on ESPN2) on Friday nights/Saturday mornings, Sunday mornings, and Monday mornings, either around midnight or 2am EDT usually.

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Lots of sleep last night, new apartment, L.A. Noire, no work tomorrow....pretty much = me still up :nod:

JBHuskers
05-30-2011, 07:07 AM
So I ended up staying up all night. Laid in bed for about three hours, couldn't fall asleep, so I'd mess around on my phone, then try to sleep again....finally got up at 6:30 and went to Mickey D's and got some breakfast and a coffee :D

Hopefully I can stay awake until tonight so I'm not totally screwed for work in the morning.

Cody
06-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Awake, sucks to have things to do while on break

morsdraconis
06-01-2011, 01:45 AM
I could sleep, but I choose not to. So :P

steelerfan
06-01-2011, 03:48 AM
I have completely screwed up my sleep schedule by staying out late Sunday and Monday night. Afternoon naps are only making it worse. Oh well, it's been fun.

JBHuskers
06-01-2011, 08:44 AM
I have completely screwed up my sleep schedule by staying out late Sunday and Monday night. Afternoon naps are only making it worse. Oh well, it's been fun.

Aye papi!

steelerfan
06-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Aye papi!

:nod:

morsdraconis
06-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one up late tonight...

SmoothPancakes
06-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Yeah, all you guys up late on Friday nights have got company from me every week. I'm up at 2-3am every Saturday morning for work, so I've always got this place opened up while sitting here at work.

Nothingface
06-04-2011, 08:49 AM
so when i cant sleep i started playing ncaa 11 online again. Just got a 3month gold thing. Anybody play on the 360?

psusnoop
06-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Still awake and 6am comes way to early. I got everything but the hole in one to clear all of the Nike levels in TW12.

I started COD modern Warfare2 and as my first shooter this was pretty fun!

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 01:19 AM
Yeah I'm whoring PSN trophies right now cuz I can't sleep. Weird thing was I wasn't hungry at all tonight, haven't ate since lunch :D

ram29jackson
06-24-2011, 01:21 AM
cant or dont sleep..kinda the same right now

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 03:03 AM
Drank a decent amount Wednesday night. You'd figure I'd be tired. No, awake @ 3am :smh: and work @ 8.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
06-24-2011, 05:19 AM
I actually fell asleep around 9:15pm last night. :nod:

Then I woke up randomly at 2am. :smh:

So I proceeded to go into work at 2:15am to work on weekend shit. :fp:

But now that it's done, I don't have to go back into work at all for the rest of today. http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133155.gif

psusnoop
06-24-2011, 06:43 AM
I made it into work by 7am and I'm beat. LOL

psuexv
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133155.gif

Saved!!!!! :D

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 12:50 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133155.gif

WTF? :D

ram29jackson
06-24-2011, 12:55 PM
whats the green beast he is riding?

ram29jackson
06-24-2011, 12:56 PM
......and do we have the dancing banana smiley ?

SmoothPancakes
06-24-2011, 01:06 PM
......and do we have the dancing banana smiley ?

I thought I had a couple different versions, but this is the only one I have.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133265.gif

ram29jackson
06-24-2011, 01:09 PM
haha

psuexv
06-24-2011, 01:09 PM
I thought I had a couple different versions, but this is the only one I have.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133265.gif

HA! Love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XYrqYVialk

JBHuskers
06-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I didn't roll into work until 12:30 :fdown: which sucks cuz I'm dangerously low on time off left the rest of the year. My sleep problems this year have been insane. Still can't get used to the Bi-PAP...hoping a different mask will work.

psusnoop
06-24-2011, 02:53 PM
I didn't roll into work until 12:30 :fdown: which sucks cuz I'm dangerously low on time off left the rest of the year. My sleep problems this year have been insane. Still can't get used to the Bi-PAP...hoping a different mask will work.

Man that is a big boo, hope that gets easier on you. I'm not sure if I could adjust to that either.

Nothingface
06-29-2011, 04:46 AM
I'm choosing to be awake. Why? No child tomorrow. I can just enjoy all this free time and not worry about getting Z's.

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Goddamn allergies. I'm so stuffed up right now that I can't get tired. I haven't had allergies this bad since I lived out in the country.

SmoothPancakes
03-10-2012, 10:49 PM
So I think I'm currently high from sleep deprivation. I'm cracking up at the randomness shit, and I swear these jerseys for Long Beast State on ESPN2 have changed shades of yellow.

It's 11:45pm Saturday night, and I have had a maximum total of 1 1/2 to 2 hours of sleep max since I woke up at 9am Friday. My body is tired as heeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllll, but I am FUCKING AMPED!!! I'm wide awake, wired, amped, pumped up. I have so much goddamn energy I feel like I could build an entire fucking house in the backyard right now in less than an hour. Only caffeine I've had in the last two days, a 20 oz. Wild Cherry Pepsi between 5am and 7am during my morning show this morning, and a super Mocha Caramel coffee with an extra shot of espresso at 9:30am from one of the local coffee places. I'm tired as hell and FUCKING WIRED at the same time. And I LOVE IT! Sleep deprivation highs are the FUCKING BEST!

morsdraconis
03-10-2012, 11:00 PM
:D

Yes they are and now I'm going to bed.

;)

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
And no more sleep deprivation high. :( Finally fell asleep around 1:30am last night, after 40 hours of being awake.

gschwendt
03-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Ugh...

morsdraconis
03-15-2012, 04:12 AM
Ugh...

You too eh? I just got up after laying in bed for like an hour and a half trying to go back to sleep. Fuck I hate nights like this.

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2012, 04:16 AM
I haven't even tried laying down. I'm tired(ish), but not tired enough to fall asleep. So I'm just sitting here watching some TV and downloading a new game on Steam.

morsdraconis
03-15-2012, 04:19 AM
I haven't even tried laying down. I'm tired(ish), but not tired enough to fall asleep. So I'm just sitting here watching some TV and downloading a new game on Steam.

What's you name on Steam? If we have some of the same games, we'll have to play somethin' sometime.

SmoothPancakes
03-15-2012, 04:27 AM
What's you name on Steam? If we have some of the same games, we'll have to play somethin' sometime.

My Steam name is smoothpancakes, same as here, just all lowercase. Not sure how many of the same we'd have, my PC collection is still young. Still definitely primarily console-oriented when it comes to gaming, but working on expanding my PC gaming collection.

gschwendt
03-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Thankfully I fell asleep not long after posting... but I'm definitely wiped this morning. My body still hasn't caught up to the time switch.

If either of you want to add me on Steam, I'm gschwendt or _WayoftheGun_OZ_ though I haven't signed in in awhile since I've been busy. That and L4D2 was the game I primarily was playing online and it's kind of run it's course.

morsdraconis
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, same here. I'm definitely starting to feel the lack of sleep right now.

I'm morsdraconis on steam as well.

gschwendt
06-27-2012, 03:24 AM
I made the mistake of taking an hour nap this evening and I'm paying for it now. I'm not tired whatsoever but I know I'll be sorry in the morning.

JBHuskers
02-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Haven't slept yet :D Probably a product of only being awake two hours on Thursday.

baseballplyrmvp
02-03-2013, 11:58 AM
for the past month, i havent been able to get more than 4 or so hours of sleep a night. a friend of mine lent me a medi mat (http://www.relaxusonline.com/Medi_Mat_p/701710mm.htm), and after laying on that for a couple of hours last night, i got my first 8 hour of sleep night in over a month. definitely recommend one.

steelerfan
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
for the past month, i havent been able to get more than 4 or so hours of sleep a night. a friend of mine lent me a medi mat (http://www.relaxusonline.com/Medi_Mat_p/701710mm.htm), and after laying on that for a couple of hours last night, i got my first 8 hour of sleep night in over a month. definitely recommend one.

How's that work? You put it on your mattress, or do you lay on the floor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

baseballplyrmvp
02-03-2013, 12:43 PM
How's that work? You put it on your mattress, or do you lay on the floor?

mattress, chair, anywhere. it rolls up like a sleeping bag for easy storage use. it feels great once you get settled on it, but getting up it hurts like a bitch as all the little spikes are peeling off of you. but my goodness, after laying on it for a while last night, i havent woken up feeling this good in a long time. the mat basically does the same thing that accupuncture does. it helps relieve pressure on the pressure points in your back.

for $50, its a little spendy imo, but i think it pays off in the long run. i would definitely recommend it though, if you find a similar type of item for cheaper.

steelerfan
02-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Hmm. Interesting.

JBHuskers
02-07-2013, 04:22 AM
Looks like the 2nd all nighter in a week from getting too much rest while I was sick :smh:

JBHuskers
02-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Hour 26. Still kicking, just need to get through 7 more hours.

steelerfan
02-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Hour 26. Still kicking, just need to get through 7 more hours.

Don't you have your CPAP machine working?

JBHuskers
02-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Don't you have your CPAP machine working?

Quit using that a long time ago. Never could get good sleep with that ever either.

steelerfan
02-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Quit using that a long time ago. Never could get good sleep with that ever either.

Oh.

morsdraconis
05-26-2013, 04:09 AM
Well, I stupidly fell asleep at like 7:30pm and slept until 1:30am and now I've been awake ever since then. Guess I'll just stay up now. (sigh)

SmoothPancakes
05-26-2013, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I went through a long ass stretch Friday and Saturday. Couldn't fall asleep Thursday night (despite working for 12 hours) until around 4am and woke up around 11am Friday. Come Friday night, trying to sleep for at least 3 or 4 hours before heading out to work at 2am, never could make it to sleep. Just sat there tossing and turning for 3-4 hours. :fp:

So pretty much ended up awake from 11am Friday to 11:30am Saturday. And then proceeded to wake up around 4-4:30 in the afternoon. Awake for 24 hours, slept 4-5 hours and have been awake for the last 13 hours. Gotta love having your sleep schedule fucked up.

Hopefully I get the job I applied for a couple weeks ago. If I do get the job, and with it an actual normal damn work schedule from week to week as opposed to the fucked up schedules I work now, first thing I'm doing is dumping the Saturday morning show on one of our stations. After three plus years of dragging my ass into work at 2am every Saturday morning, and proceeding to completely fuck my sleep schedule for the rest of the week, someone else can put up with it.

JBHuskers
05-26-2013, 04:19 AM
I woke up at 530 tonight :D mainly to catch up on sleep from dealing with a sinus infection this week. Finishing season one of Falling Skies now. Watching the finale.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
05-26-2013, 04:25 AM
I slept 9 hours last night then fell asleep for like 4 hours this evening after watching the Champions League Final. Now - can't sleep. Just playing FIFA.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

SmoothPancakes
05-26-2013, 04:27 AM
Yeah, I spent part of the night playing Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. With French Open tennis on TV right now, I'll probably spend the rest of the morning watching that, wait until sometime later in the afternoon to jump back on my 360 and play some more Future Soldier or something else.

JBHuskers
05-26-2013, 04:39 AM
I watched the whole first season late last night and tonight. Watching the first episode of season two now, then may try to hit the hay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

psusnoop
05-28-2013, 03:09 AM
I can't fucking sleep!! I think I've slept for about 2 hrs and I have to get up in 2 hrs for work. This is BS!!!

Debating right now, do I keep watching mindless TV or put in Battlefield 3 and go all Rambo on some people!!

steelerfan
05-28-2013, 03:53 AM
I can't fucking sleep!! I think I've slept for about 2 hrs and I have to get up in 2 hrs for work. This is BS!!!

Debating right now, do I keep watching mindless TV or put in Battlefield 3 and go all Rambo on some people!!

I'm in the same boat, except I haven't slept at all. :fp:

psusnoop
05-28-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm in the same boat, except I haven't slept at all. :fp:

ouch!

jaymo76
05-28-2013, 08:22 PM
With my newborn I would officially like to sign up for active membership in the no sleep group. Last night we were up 8 or 9 times.

beartide06
05-28-2013, 10:49 PM
I would also like to join this club. With school, it seems sleeping is irrelevant. College doesn't play nicely with double majors, especially when it comes to finals week....:drool::smh:

steelerfan
05-30-2013, 03:56 AM
Here we go again. Almost 4 AM and I can't sleep and haven't yet. Gotta wake up in a couple hours. What good am I going to be for my Thursday night? :(

SmoothPancakes
05-30-2013, 04:01 AM
I've pretty much given up trying to get back to normal sleeping, so I'm up pretty much all night every night. Even when I get my sleep cycle back on normal, it just gets completely clusterfucked all over again every Saturday morning when I leave at 2am for work, so there's no point trying to fix it week after week. Stay up all night until anywhere from 6am to 10am, sleep the rest of the morning and afternoon, waking up anywhere from 2pm to 5pm. Works for me. I'm still able to get everything done that I need to at work, plus I've always been a night person since way back as a kid. I'd go to school in high school and college on only two to four hours of sleep on a regular basis. Did just fine.

steelerfan
05-30-2013, 04:06 AM
Understood, and I don't sleep much. Generally 6 hours or less. But, tomorrow is Thursday - the day where I'm required to be out till 3 AM and show up at work drunk the next morning. How the Hell am I going to do that with no sleep tonight? Thursday night may be canceled this week. :(

JBHuskers
05-30-2013, 09:54 AM
I don't know how you do it regardless :D I can't do that any more (except for last night...oops).

steelerfan
05-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Ended up sleeping for somewhere between 15 & 45 minutes last night. Yet, here I am considering heading to the bar tonight. :nod:

JBHuskers
05-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Ended up sleeping for somewhere between 15 & 45 minutes last night. Yet, here I am considering heading to the bar tonight. :nod:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/GIFS/9ungg4_zps64d9a7b5.gif

steelerfan
05-30-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm at the bar, of course.

Fuck you, The Man! :nod:

psusnoop
05-31-2013, 02:20 AM
I have to be up in 2 and 1/2 hours for work yet I'm here chatting with JB who can't sleep via Facebook and texts. Damn insomnia!!!

JBHuskers
05-31-2013, 02:35 AM
Only 4 hours of sleep last night. How the hell can I not sleep tonight?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

morsdraconis
05-31-2013, 05:14 AM
Jesus people. I slept like a fuckin' baby last night. Crashed at 9pm and woke up at 5am to get ready for work. Feel bad for you guys. :(

psusnoop
05-31-2013, 06:28 AM
I got 2 hours of sleep, feeling OK for now but it's early.

psuexv
05-31-2013, 07:25 AM
Jesus people. I slept like a fuckin' baby last night. Crashed at 9pm and woke up at 5am to get ready for work. Feel bad for you guys. :(

:+1: feel sorry for you fools that can't sleep

steelerfan
06-04-2013, 07:35 AM
After getting about 3 hours of sleep Sunday night, I took a 2 hour nap after work Monday and then was up all night. Fuck.

jaymo76
06-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Haven't been able to sleep all week. I had to put my cat down on Sunday. I miss the little guy so much. He was my family before I got married and had children...

psuexv
06-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Haven't been able to sleep all week. I had to put my cat down on Sunday. I miss the little guy so much. He was my family before I got married and had children...

Sorry to hear that bud

baseballplyrmvp
06-07-2013, 09:41 AM

time for a new one? name it junior? sorry to hear you lost your little friend.

JBHuskers
06-07-2013, 10:16 AM

:fdown:

psusnoop
06-08-2013, 10:38 PM

Sorry to hear that too

psusnoop
07-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Still up :smh

morsdraconis
09-01-2013, 03:17 AM
4am and I'm still awake... (sigh) Almost seems pointless to go to bed now...

JBHuskers
01-28-2014, 03:04 AM
I'm the only registered member of TGT on now. Weeeeee. Thought maybe taking the sleeping pill last night with my first day back to work (from a sinus infection) Monday would not require me to do that again. Wrong.

morsdraconis
03-04-2014, 01:52 AM
So, not to sound too much like a little bitch or anything, but I haven't been able to sleep worth a fuck for the past 2 weeks or so and it's all because of a woman. I made the mistake of falling in love with a woman that's already in another relationship. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but she loves me too, but she loves him as well. She's had a fucked up life and the relationship she's in is the first good one she's had and she mentally can't move beyond that (even though I know damn well we'd work well together [we're both fucked in the head]). What's worse, I work with her and see her every day at work. We're trying to be friends, but I'm insane and unable to handle it some days. She's the first woman I've ever met that I literally could see spending the rest of my life with and it's driving me fucking crazy that I can't be more than friends with her right now and I can't walk away. Friends, I'm pathetically fucked right now and I need to be awake in 5 hours...

souljahbill
03-04-2014, 06:01 AM
So, not to sound too much like a little bitch or anything, but I haven't been able to sleep worth a fuck for the past 2 weeks or so and it's all because of a woman. I made the mistake of falling in love with a woman that's already in another relationship. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but she loves me too, but she loves him as well. She's had a fucked up life and the relationship she's in is the first good one she's had and she mentally can't move beyond that (even though I know damn well we'd work well together [we're both fucked in the head]). What's worse, I work with her and see her every day at work. We're trying to be friends, but I'm insane and unable to handle it some days. She's the first woman I've ever met that I literally could see spending the rest of my life with and it's driving me fucking crazy that I can't be more than friends with her right now and I can't walk away. Friends, I'm pathetically fucked right now and I need to be awake in 5 hours...

I think we've all fell for a girl we know we can't have. It sucks.

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 06:39 AM

Be patient. Wait it out. Maybe the other relationship will collapse.

If not, keep your fingers crossed that he is killed in a fiery accident. If need be, find a whore to take your frustration out on.

Best of luck, brother.

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2014, 07:14 AM

If not, keep your fingers crossed that he is killed in a fiery accident. If need be, find a whore to take your frustration out on.

Best of luck, brother.

What he said. :nod:

morsdraconis
03-04-2014, 08:09 AM

Best of luck, brother.

Well, I think it's basically over now cause my dumb ass forced her hand. Probably was never going to happen anyway. Thank you anyway man.

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Well, I think it's basically over now cause my dumb ass forced her hand. Probably was never going to happen anyway. Thank you anyway man.

Obviously, I don't know the extent of the damage. However, if you keep things cool, it could still happen if the other situation goes bad.

morsdraconis
03-04-2014, 07:07 PM
What he said. :nod:

Thanks man. :)

It's a bitch, especially because I wear my emotions on my sleeve like a big dumb idiot. Just gotta keep that shit under wraps and roll with the punches. It'll all work out in the end.

Obviously, I don't know the extent of the damage. However, if you keep things cool, it could still happen if the other situation goes bad.

I'm basically at the end of her rope. I have to scale shit WAY back, or she's going to just walk away. So, yeah, it's not the end, but it's damn close. Definitely need to just keep things cool. We are great together as friends when there isn't my sappy shit coming from my brain so I just need to focus on that and just stop all the other shit. It's definitely a case of letting her go and, if it's going to happen, she'll come back.

Again, appreciate it man.

I think we've all fell for a girl we know we can't have. It sucks.

Yeah man. This is really the first time that it's been reciprocated but, in the end, not going to happen because of my bad timing (I'm an idiot and didn't realize 3 months ago that she liked me before she got with the dude that she's with now - talk about fucking hating myself...).

Appreciate the thoughts though man.

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Bro, if she was interested in you BEFORE she got with the other dude, she'll be back. I mean, the odds are really small that she stays with this guy forever. You just have to stay in good graces and not obsess. You're good. :up;

morsdraconis
03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Bro, if she was interested in you BEFORE she got with the other dude, she'll be back. I mean, the odds are really small that she stays with this guy forever. You just have to stay in good graces and not obsess. You're good. :up;

Yup. Obsessing is the issue. I'm stupid.

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Yup. Obsessing is the issue. I'm stupid.

Don't beat yourself up. We have all made a similar mistake, I'm sure. Just get it through your skull that yesterday is gone and you can only control what you do today. Take a deep breath, rub one out, and wait your turn.

morsdraconis
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Don't beat yourself up. We have all made a similar mistake, I'm sure. Just get it through your skull that yesterday is gone and you can only control what you do today. Take a deep breath, rub one out, and wait your turn.

Yeah. That's what I'm working on. Living in the past is a major problem for me. Did I mention I'm fucked in the head? Heh.

steelerfan
03-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Yeah. That's what I'm working on. Living in the past is a major problem for me. Did I mention I'm fucked in the head? Heh.

Like I said, don't beat yourself up. It won't do anything but make it worse.

You're a smart guy. You can sort through it as long as you have a good starting point. She was/is interested in you. That is a positive. Start from there, keep perspective, and see where it goes. Maybe it will fall your way at a later time. The important thing to keep in mind is that you need to stay in good graces (not come across as a clingy nut), in case that time comes.

morsdraconis
03-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Like I said, don't beat yourself up. It won't do anything but make it worse.

You're a smart guy. You can sort through it as long as you have a good starting point. She was/is interested in you. That is a positive. Start from there, keep perspective, and see where it goes. Maybe it will fall your way at a later time. The important thing to keep in mind is that you need to stay in good graces (not come across as a clingy nut), in case that time comes.

I know man. I'm my own worst enemy with this shit. I appreciate the words man. Really. Hopefully I'll come back in a few months with how it all worked out in the end.

ram29jackson
03-05-2014, 03:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kp3N3wQPO0

steelerfan
03-05-2014, 06:24 AM
I know man. I'm my own worst enemy with this shit. I appreciate the words man. Really. Hopefully I'll come back in a few months with how it all worked out in the end.

:up:

jaymo76
03-05-2014, 09:59 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself brother. Just remember, everything eventually works out with time. Seven + years ago I was drifting in and out of crappy relationships with some women who were real psychological abusers. Today I am happily married with three amazing children. It will come together for you too. You just have to believe!

morsdraconis
03-06-2014, 04:27 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself brother. Just remember, everything eventually works out with time. Seven + years ago I was drifting in and out of crappy relationships with some women who were real psychological abusers. Today I am happily married with three amazing children. It will come together for you too. You just have to believe!

:)

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Just taking it one day at a time. Now, if I could only get some fucking sleep (been up for 45 minutes already and not supposed to actually be up for another 2 1/2 hours, but I can't fall back asleep).

morsdraconis
03-12-2014, 04:52 AM
And, another night of waking up at 5am and not being able to fall back asleep. Ugh...

morsdraconis
04-16-2014, 10:42 PM

Well, I'm back with the complete opposite. I finally got her in my bed and, apparently, it made her realize that she is really in love with the other dude. Currently, we haven't spoken a word to one another since Monday and I was the last one to say anything to her being, basically, she will get the space she needs to be happy with him and I'll be here if she ever needs me/wants to be friends/etc. So, unfortunately, it is what it is. I've stopped dwelling on it and just letting it be what it is. If she contacts me again, great, if not, then so be it. I decided I can't be in the headspace of loving her and getting nothing back from her anymore so, that's where it is at the moment. Like I said in the thread about JB's friend and Smooth's mom, utterly meaningless compared to what they are dealing with, but I thought I'd put it here since there's a pretty definitive end to the saga that is my shitty love life.

souljahbill
04-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Well, I'm back with the complete opposite. I finally got her in my bed and, apparently, it made her realize that she is really in love with the other dude. Currently, we haven't spoken a word to one another since Monday and I was the last one to say anything to her being, basically, she will get the space she needs to be happy with him and I'll be here if she ever needs me/wants to be friends/etc. So, unfortunately, it is what it is. I've stopped dwelling on it and just letting it be what it is. If she contacts me again, great, if not, then so be it. I decided I can't be in the headspace of loving her and getting nothing back from her anymore so, that's where it is at the moment. Like I said in the thread about JB's friend and Smooth's mom, utterly meaningless compared to what they are dealing with, but I thought I'd put it here since there's a pretty definitive end to the saga that is my shitty love life.

Well.......that sucks.

morsdraconis
04-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Well.......that sucks.

Yeah, but it is what it is man. I'm keeping up hope that she contacts me again, but I'm just not staying in that position anymore. Life goes on and if she's not a part of it, then it wasn't meant to be to begin with.

morsdraconis
07-16-2014, 11:23 PM
So, I figured it was about time to post in here again about my love life. Notice, immediately, that terrible is no longer an adjective for it. ;) That would be because I met someone online shortly before all that crazy shit with the other chick ended and have been going out with that someone for a little over two months now. She's really damn awesome and we've been having a great time together. It seems like forever ago that all that dumb shit from the past posts happened. Life really did go on and in a VERY positive way for me.

jaymo76
07-16-2014, 11:44 PM
So, I figured it was about time to post in here again about my love life. Notice, immediately, that terrible is no longer an adjective for it. ;) That would be because I met someone online shortly before all that crazy shit with the other chick ended and have been going out with that someone for a little over two months now. She's really damn awesome and we've been having a great time together. It seems like forever ago that all that dumb shit from the past posts happened. Life really did go on and in a VERY positive way for me.

Congrats brother! All the best in your new relationship. I hope everything works out for the two of you.

steelerfan
07-16-2014, 11:59 PM
Good deal, mors.

Don't marry, just fuck her alot. :up:

psusnoop
07-17-2014, 01:14 AM

Congrats Mors, always remember no matter how shitty one moment or time frame is, happiness is always out there waiting to be conquered.

morsdraconis
07-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Congrats brother! All the best in your new relationship. I hope everything works out for the two of you.

Thanks man. So far, it's been a lot of fun with some bumps along the way, but, it's been totally worth it so far.

Good deal, mors.

Don't marry, just fuck her alot. :up:

Marriage is definitely no where in the vocabulary yet, but I must say, down the road, I could see it. We complete each other's crazy in a strange ball of craziness that just seems to work (so far, at least).

Congrats Mors, always remember no matter how shitty one moment or time frame is, happiness is always out there waiting to be conquered.

Thanks snoop. It's that type of mentality that I used to more on and find greener pastures. No reason to dwell on the past or let the past define the future. So far, it's worked in the positive, very well.

souljahbill
07-17-2014, 09:28 AM

If you're happy, I'm happy for ya!

morsdraconis
07-17-2014, 06:01 PM
If you're happy, I'm happy for ya!

Thanks man! Appreciate it.

SCClassof93
07-19-2014, 02:43 PM

Good to hear, happy for you :up:, Been missing your cheery posts :D

morsdraconis
07-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Good to hear, happy for you :up:, Been missing your cheery posts :D

Thanks man. Life is always a bit more interesting when you have someone else in your life to share it with.

JeffHCross
07-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Thanks man. Life is always a bit more interesting when you have someone else in your life to share it with.Hear, hear!

JeffHCross
08-11-2014, 12:40 AM
So........ St. Louis is fun tonight.

souljahbill
08-11-2014, 04:43 AM
Howso?

JeffHCross
08-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Howso?http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?c=homepage-t&page=0

http://youtu.be/75WkEZK_f6g

http://youtu.be/j7nA9dVEYYM

judgejog
10-17-2014, 05:50 AM
If I can't get some sleep on time, I drink chamomile and lavender tea. It works for me. I just do not know if it is all in the mind though.

steelerfan
10-17-2014, 11:19 AM
If I can't sleep, I go to one of those websites with the live filthy sluts (cam models) and I flip through them till I find a girl that is talking. Works every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

morsdraconis
09-16-2016, 08:06 AM
Can't believe no one has posted in this in nearly two years. Just had a really bad bout of insomnia. Passed out for like 3 hours at around 11, woke up at 2am and been up ever since. Bored as hell and been laying in bed for the past 3 hours watching movies on Netflix and Youtube videos trying desperately to get comfortable and fall asleep, but can't. So, guess I'm going to just operate on 3 hours of sleep today. Oh well.

souljahbill
09-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Can't believe no one has posted in this in nearly two years. Just had a really bad bout of insomnia. Passed out for like 3 hours at around 11, woke up at 2am and been up ever since. Bored as hell and been laying in bed for the past 3 hours watching movies on Netflix and Youtube videos trying desperately to get comfortable and fall asleep, but can't. So, guess I'm going to just operate on 3 hours of sleep today. Oh well.

You were always the resident insomniac.

morsdraconis
09-16-2016, 04:47 PM
You were always the resident insomniac.

Heh, yeah, it was always me or JB. Ended up passing out at 11 for a few hours. Now I just feel like poop.