PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wrestling Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

JBHuskers
05-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Granted it's not been the greatest product now a days, I still love to follow the WWE, and sometimes TNA and ROH. This thread will be to discuss the goings on in the pro wrestling business.

JBHuskers
05-17-2010, 11:03 AM
When is WWE going to wake up and get rid of guest hosts? Buzz Aldrin tonight? Seriously? Plus tonight's Raw is commercial free....last year when it was commercial free there were about 80 buckets of KFC chicken on the announce table LOL.

JBHuskers
05-18-2010, 09:53 AM
MUCH MUCH better Raw this week. Edge vs. Christian was AWESOME. But jesus get rid of the guest hosts. What an abortion.

JBHuskers
05-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Getting my monthly TNA Impact in....it's not horrible. I think it's more time for me to find an hour and a half. Christy Hemme .... LMFK

Can't wait to see my childhood wrestling hero vs. my fav wrestler for a decade when Jeff Hardy takes on Sting tonight.

NatureBoy
05-22-2010, 09:43 PM
WWE's Over The Limit PPV is tomorrow night. Here's the lineup of matches for the event.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Batista ("I Quit" Match)

World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger vs. Big Show.

Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk (S.E.S. Pledge vs. Hair Match)

Randy Orton vs. Edge.

Unified Tag Team Champions The Hart Dynasty vs. Chris Jericho & The Miz.

Divas Champion Eve vs. Maryse.

R-Truth vs. Ted DiBiase.

JeffHCross
05-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Caught the Hart / Miz match tonight on UniversalHD. Man, that was just as horrible as I figured when we were talking on Twitter, JB. Actually, it may have been worse.

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Caught the Hart / Miz match tonight on UniversalHD. Man, that was just as horrible as I figured when we were talking on Twitter, JB. Actually, it may have been worse.

Yeah but that was expected.

Miz will hopefully get a main event push this year....dude deserves it.

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 02:53 AM
WWE's Over The Limit PPV is tomorrow night. Here's the lineup of matches for the event.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Batista ("I Quit" Match)

World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger vs. Big Show.

Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk (S.E.S. Pledge vs. Hair Match)

Randy Orton vs. Edge.

Unified Tag Team Champions The Hart Dynasty vs. Chris Jericho & The Miz.

Divas Champion Eve vs. Maryse.

R-Truth vs. Ted DiBiase.

This card is kinda predictable for me...hopefully the actual PPV isn't. Rated RKO is about the only match I'm excited to see. Myabe Punk/Rey too, cuz that has been such a great feud....I want Rey to be forced to join SES.

NatureBoy
05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Here's a scary little tidbit. The last time WWE had a PPV in May named Over the ..... was Over the Edge. It was held on May 23rd. The night Owen Hart fell to his death.

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Here's a scary little tidbit. The last time WWE had a PPV in May named Over the ..... was Over the Edge. It was held on May 23rd. The night Owen Hart fell to his death.

Yep...I knew it was the anniversary of his death, but didn't put two and two together.

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Miz will hopefully get a main event push this year....dude deserves it.It's so hard for me to equate "Guy from Real World" with "Deserves a main event push in the WWE".

He's certainly put the work in, and you're right that he deserves a push (though he's not quite main event to me, I think he's right where he is), but I just can't make sense of that juxtaposition in my head.

NatureBoy
05-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Yep...I knew it was the anniversary of his death, but didn't put two and two together. I attended WCW Monday Nitro the day after Owen's death. I will never forget the chill that was in the air with everyone whispering about what happened the night before. I still get goosebumps just thinking about it. Loved him or hated him, the entire arena was a Owen Hart fan that night.

JeffHCross
05-23-2010, 06:47 PM
It was chilly, but it was also one of the most respectful shows ever. The Raw and Nitro shows that night probably showed the most positive image of pro wrestling ever.

NatureBoy
05-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Results from the PPV. (http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/wweppvs/article_41511.shtml)

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Results from the PPV. (http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/wweppvs/article_41511.shtml)

Nothing shocking in the title fights. Thought Rey would lose. Jesus turn this guy heel please, along with Cena. Call them the Merchbusters and have them feud with the Dudebusters (okay kidding on that last part). Figured DiBiase would win too. I like the DQ with Big Show/Swagger, looked a little worse with a double DQ with Orton/Edge, but that wasn't planned considering Orton separated his shoulder.

Always love the Monday after PPV's ... I guess the GM will get announced tonight. Wish they would f'n get rid of the guest hosts.

JBHuskers
05-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Just saw on Twitter that Bret Hart is the new Raw GM....AWESOME. Glad he's sticking around longer. (not watching Raw yet until the Flyers and Celtics games are done)

JeffHCross
05-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Turn Rey heel? I don't think that would ever work.

Watching Rey (and Jericho, actually) is so depressing now because I remember what they used to do. Rey in his prime, and allowed to go for it all, against Matt Sydal -- I mean Evan Bourne -- would be main event worthy.

NatureBoy
05-24-2010, 09:31 PM
The guest host crap is beyond stupid. Huge waste of time.

JeffHCross
05-24-2010, 09:51 PM
There have been more than their handful of decent ones. But all in all ... worthless.

So far the coolest one was when Joey Logano and Shrub/"Wild Thing" (Kyle Busch) were on. At least the coolest of the few that I actually watched.

JBHuskers
05-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Actually the best guest hosts were former wrestlers IMO.

With that said tonight show was great....except for that whole talent crap, with who? The guest host.

JBHuskers
05-25-2010, 12:47 AM
For those wondering (from Rajah)

As seen tonight on Monday Night Raw, three unidentified individuals laid out the Hart Dynasty. The men in question are Jimmy and Jules Uso, twin sons of former WWE performer Rikishi. They currently hold the Tag Team Championship in WWE's developmental league, Florida Championship Wrestling. The woman who attacked Natalya is Sarona Snuka, known as Tamina in FCW. She is the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Snuka.

I didn't know Rikishi's sons were going to be called up...I knew Sarona was going to be around eventually. Great segment to just throw a mystery team out there to attack the Hart Dynasty....you mean they're actually going to have a tag team division once again?????

JBHuskers
05-26-2010, 12:15 PM
This is probably the best thing going on in the WWE now, talking about the feud with Brian Danielson and Michael Cole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwnN1PKwnd0

NatureBoy
05-29-2010, 08:55 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/bio/14608596

I like the mask CM Punk is wearing now. Pretty cool.

JBHuskers
05-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Very interesting.

JeffHCross
05-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Actually the best guest hosts were former wrestlers IMO.Those were good on the one hand, but having the NASCAR guys was cool because of Randy's car. That's the only reason I liked that one.

the feud with Brian Danielson and Michael ColeA feud between AmDrag and Cole? Are you f-in kidding me?

Ugh ... WWE is complete crap now.

( Though Cole did sell it really well. )

NatureBoy
05-29-2010, 08:42 PM
http://sharing.myfoxtampabay.com/sharewono//photo/2010/05/26/hogan-commercials_20100526104315_320_240.JPG

Former WWE wrestler Hulk Hogan is taking his fight to a different kind of venue.

Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, is suing the maker of Cocoa Pebbles claiming that commercials for the cereal appropriate his image without permission, reported Tampa Bay Online . In the "Cocoa Smashdown" commerical a cartoon character that looks like Hogan takes on Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble in a wrestling match.

Luckily for Fred and Barney, in the end Barney's son Bamm-Bamm steps in and swiftly pounds Hogan-look-alike to bits.

Hogan claims to have used the name "Hulk Boulder" early in his career before promoter Vince McMahon picked the more Irish sounding Hogan.

TBO reported that the federal lawsuit states Post Foods never sought or received Hogan's permission. It claims he raised his objections in August but the ads did stop.

Hogan told TBO that he is marketing his own products including a Hogan energy drink and microwavable hamburgers and chicken sandwiches produced under the name of "Hulkster Burgers."

He states in the lawsuit that he was harmed by he "degrading depictions" in the ads.

According to Yahoo! TV , Hogan's Wikipedia page reveals the name "Terry Boulder" but not "Hulk Boulder."

Answers.com states that the wrestler started out with the name Terry "the Hulk" Bollea before dropping his last name.

However, The Internet Movie Database or IMDb said that he did wrestle as Terry "the Hulk" Boulder early in his career.

Hogan recently had a health scare when a back doctor sent him for tests and doctors found a problem with the EKG. He was sent to a cardiovascular medical center in Florida for more testing but physicians found there were no problems with his heart, according to TMZ.com .

He will soon undergo back surgery.

Link to the story. (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/36396/)

JBHuskers
06-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Let's bump this baby up. Thoughts on the whole NXT/Nexus thing?

DariusLock
07-01-2010, 11:00 AM
TNA is where its at when you see a good AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels match.

NatureBoy
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I haven't watched much wrestling since the NBA Playoffs and Finals were on. Seemed like there was a game on every Monday and Thursday night.

JeffHCross
07-01-2010, 11:05 PM
TNA is where its at when you see a good AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels match.Ugh this makes me miss the early days of RoH.

HuskerBlitz
07-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Let's bump this baby up. Thoughts on the whole NXT/Nexus thing?

Since it's summer, my son is out playing most of the time so we don't catch a lot of wrestling during this time. But of the bits and pieces we have seen, I think it's retarded. I never understood the 'dumbing down' of your best wrestlers. The NXT group is a bunch of rookies, who should have no business staying in the ring with the current stars. But here they are, kicking ass with no one stopping them. Granted, I missed where the locker room came out, but my point remains. Send out Orton, Wight and Cena and they should mop the arena with them.

JeffHCross
07-01-2010, 11:25 PM
The nWo is still the only faction, I think, to get beat downs of top stars right. Every other assault on a top star just seems stupid.

HuskerBlitz
07-01-2010, 11:41 PM
The nWo is still the only faction, I think, to get beat downs of top stars right. Every other assault on a top star just seems stupid.

I'd agree with that. But then again, you had 'mega' stars coming in to do the beatdowns. So much was done right with the nWo....still hard to imagine how WCW wound up screwing it all up.

Kingpin32
07-02-2010, 01:31 AM

I loved the nWo. I even liked it when they added the Red and Black nWo. They were one of the best things to happen to wrestling factions in the 90s next to DX.

JBHuskers
07-02-2010, 08:43 AM
I'd agree with that. But then again, you had 'mega' stars coming in to do the beatdowns. So much was done right with the nWo....still hard to imagine how WCW wound up screwing it all up.

They screwed it all up because the over saturated it all to hell.

souljahbill
07-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Man, I haven't watched wrestling in forever. It used to be the thing to do on Monday night back in college. We'd watch WCW for an hour then switch over to Raw. That was back in the Stone Cold/Rock/DX era. That was also when Goldberg would come into the ring and kill people in a minute. The night he beat Hogan for the belt, I remember the dorm going BANANAS! It was awesome! Man, I miss those days.

To add to that, we used to play the sh*t outta WCW vs. NWO: World Tour/Wrestlemania 2000/WWF No Mercy back then. Those games were more popular in my dorm then Goldeneye, Mario Kart, or any Madden game. Tag Team Ladder Matches in WWF No Mercy were EPIC!

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah we played the shit out of WM2000 in the dorms when we didn't want to play Goldeneye.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 04:14 PM
If WWE got rid of PG I might watch again. Stopping matches cuz of blood..................cool.

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 04:31 PM
If WWE got rid of PG I might watch again. Stopping matches cuz of blood..................cool.

Yeah PG is very ridiculous, but parents with kids spend a lot of money so Vince will keep it PG for quite a while probably.

HuskerBlitz
07-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah PG is very ridiculous, but parents with kids spend a lot of money so Vince will keep it PG for quite a while probably.

Bingo. There is no way I would allow my son to watch if this was the 90s version of Raw. TBH...I hated the WWE when they went through that stage. Personally, I'm glad they've reverted back.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 07:40 PM
how old is your kid? Violence is alla round on any tv show or real life experience. I dont believe wrestling will change him.

True or False?
A child who watches wrestling will be completely influenced by the violence and language of a wrestling promotion.

The new PG rating will subdue this.

Bingo. There is no way I would allow my son to watch if this was the 90s version of Raw. TBH...I hated the WWE when they went through that stage. Personally, I'm glad they've reverted back.

HuskerBlitz
07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
how old is your kid? Violence is alla round on any tv show or real life experience. I dont believe wrestling will change him.

True or False?
A child who watches wrestling will be completely influenced by the violence and language of a wrestling promotion.

The new PG rating will subdue this.

It wasn't the violence that I don't like. It was how they presented their female wrestlers that turned me off the most.

JBHuskers
07-04-2010, 05:46 PM

If the writers didn't suck PG wrestling would be okay. Once they went away from wrestling writers to entertainment writers...it went downhill. In the days of the Attitude Era, Raw was getting ratings in the 7's, and now a days, it's half that barely.

Nothingface
07-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Too many PPV's also killed it for me. I remember back when there was 4 ppv's a year and they were really special to the viewer. Now it's every month, complete kill. Doesn't help when Raw has these 3 minute matches.

NatureBoy
07-04-2010, 10:36 PM
http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/wrestlezone.com/upl_images/34316_443240349622_216924424622_5931129_3535414_n. jpg

:D I guess love can conquer all, including being in a vegetative state.

Nothingface
07-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Man I wish I coulda been there when Undertaker made the swerve and tombstoned the priest.

JeffHCross
07-05-2010, 03:47 PM
:D I guess love can conquer all, including being in a vegetative state.The Undertaker and Michelle McCool just doesn't compute in my head. Fully realizing that they are not their characters, but still!

Plus, she's annoying as hell. (So yeah, a little bit of bias against her character there for me)

HuskerBlitz
07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I guess I didn't know Mark and Sara had divorced. She is pretty hot in her own right.

JBHuskers
07-05-2010, 06:22 PM
The Undertaker and Michelle McCool just doesn't compute in my head. Fully realizing that they are not their characters, but still!

Plus, she's annoying as hell. (So yeah, a little bit of bias against her character there for me)

I guess I didn't know Mark and Sara had divorced. She is pretty hot in her own right.

Taker's been with Michelle since 2007 IIRC. Not too long after he and Sara divorced.

Nothingface
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
That Sara chick wasn't very attractive. I hope they didn't have kids.

CLW
07-08-2010, 12:01 PM
I used to watch WWF/E religiously in the late 90s early 00s (Attitude Era). I occasionally watch now but its just not the same. The writing/stories are awful and the matches seem to have fallen off as well.

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Scott Hall is in a hospital with double pneumonia. Yikes!

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Scott Hall is in a hospital with double pneumonia. Yikes!

Too many double shots of vodka :D

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
The man has not aged well. TNA match some years ago he wore an elvis suit in a rasslin match. Hiding much Hall.

JBHuskers
07-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Someone posted this on Twitter :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/RKO.jpg

NatureBoy
07-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Chris Jericho expected to take time off,

Quote:
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE star Chris Jericho is expected to take some time off from the company when his contract expires this fall. WrestleZone was the first to exclusively report awhile back that there was heat on Jericho for accepting the host position on ABC's game show "Downfall," and it appears that both the game show tapings and upcoming Fozzy dates might see Jericho taking time off from WWE. There is speculation that he might finish up with the company altogether, but that has not been confirmed at this point.

Wrestlezone.com

JeffHCross
07-25-2010, 10:54 PM
By the time is all said and done, Jericho might break Flair & Hogan's records for most times retiring.

JBHuskers
07-26-2010, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't actually call it retiring LOL it sure doesn't sound like it. Wrestlers take time off all the time. Has Jericho even said he's retired ever?

PigSooie
07-26-2010, 01:31 PM

Didn't know that, either. And ditto on the hotness. Sara was smokin'.

Guess that "Sara" tattoo on 'Taker's neck, back during the "American Badass" days was a little ill advised ... if you wanna give a relationship the kiss of death, put your significant other's name on your person in ink.

NatureBoy
07-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Spike TV issued a press release this morning announcing the full line-up for TNA's special edition of Impact on August 12, headlined by TNA World Hvt. champion Rob Van Dam vs. Abyss.

Spike and TNA are presenting the line-up as the matches that would have aired on the August 8 Hard Justice PPV before TNA changed the event to the ECW-themed Hardcore Justice PPV.

Spike's big theme for the event reads like a UFC/sporting event to sell the idea of the show being strictly matches. "Network to televise TNA Wrestling's action-packed fight card originally slated for pay-per-view," reads the headline.

"The special August 12 edition of TNA Impact will be two hours of nonstop wrestling, featuring only matches originally slated for pay-per-view," said Spike, adding that "pop culture icon" Hulk Hogan will be overseeing the event.

TNA president Dixie Carter said in the release: "The change to 'Hardcore Justice' provided TNA with the opportunity to take the original August pay-per-view card and move it to Spike TV. This will allow TNA fans a pay-per-view type experience on TNA Impact. If you’ve never seen a TNA pay-per-view event before, this is your chance to see what you've been missing."

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 02:59 PM
According to one of my former e-wrestling buddies, Abyss's match distinctly resembles a match we ran numerous years ago. In fact, the details are downright disturbingly close.

NatureBoy
08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
I saw this on twitter this afternoon. It's pretty long article so I will put spoiler tags on it.

To Be Determined – ECW should die, TNA is a Leech and Tommy Dreamer is a Sellout
By Raffi Shamir - August 2, 2010.

TNA will present its wecannotcalitecwsowehopethefanswillchantev2 tribute Pay Per View event, Hard(core) Justice. Now, my love/hate relationship with TNA has been well documented here in the past, but with this concept, I think that TNA has hit a new low.

My main beef with this is the whole idea of reviving ECW in the first place. I know that I’m in the minority here, and I’ll probably earn some hateful comments from the ECW diehards, but it’s time to let the corpse of this huge failure known as ECW rot in peace. The only thing that ECW had going for itself back in the nineties was a tribe of diehard vocal fans that gave ECW an image that was much bigger and better than the promotion ever was. Sure, ECW fans love to throw out names like Benoit, Jericho and Guerrero when talking about ECW, but they were never the focus of ECW. The true wrestling legacy of ECW is a bunch of garbage matches and too much blood. But ECW knew how to market itself as the bad boy rebel (Despite being secretly funded by Vince McMahon for years) to the internet wrestling community, which was only emerging in this period, and thus became a popular cult phenomenon. Just don’t forget that one of the prerequisites for something to become a cult phenomenon is that it has to fail first.

And ECW was a failure. I’ve heard some people say that “ECW failed because it was too good for the masses”, and to that I say bulls**t. Yes, good quality products do fail sometimes, and crappy things succeed. It’s the same in many fields – music, film, literature, you name it. But nothing ever fails because it’s good. Things fail due to bad management (And everyone knows ECW had tons of that), bad marketing, bad human relations and there are tons of other reasons. The fact of the matter is ECW could never reach a real audience other than its internet fan base. They had a few local TV deals (Which they had to pay for) but when they finally got a national cable deal with TNN, they could not deliver the goods. Granted, the timeslot was crappy and the network (real one, not the one that Don Callis represent) didn’t seem to believe in ECW, but ECW earned that treatment by trying to antagonize the suits as much as they could. That’s smart management; turn on the only broadcaster that actually paid money for your product.

I can go on and on about the undead ECW, but enough about them. I’m pretty sure its fans already wrote me and this column off 400 words ago. When TNA announced the Pay Per View, the face and speaker of the this group was Tommy Dreamer. Dreamer is widely considered the heart and soul of the original ECW and this might be true. But watching his promo 10 days ago made me sick. I still remember hundreds of ECW fans chanting “sellout” at wrestlers who left the company in the late nineties, but you know what? Tommy Dreamer is the biggest sellout of them all. He talked about the ECW name being bastardized and seeing his friends fired, and how he only stayed with WWE because he wanted the job security. Yes, he had to provide for his family and I can’t fault him for that, but the way he washed his hands off of everything that happens? Dreamer wasn’t just a wrestler in WWE, we kept reading about him working backstage in one capacity or the other. And when he left he got a heroes’ farewell. He finally had a real run as champion, even if this was the “bastardized” ECW championship and he was featured as one of the top faces of this brand. If it wasn’t for WWE, Dreamer would have never known what it’s like to wrestle in front of real, major sold-out arenas and he would have never received the farewell that he did. In his professional relationship with Vince McMahon both sides benefited and WWE showed Dreamer the respect that he’s earned in his years in the business. And let’s not forget that Vince McMahon actually paid Dreamer’s paycheck in the original ECW also, since if it wasn’t for him pumping money to ECW and keeping it on life support, ECW would have folded long before it did. But watching him shed those crocodile tears on Impact and encourage the guy who yelled “Vince Sucks” was just low. No one forced him to work for Vince; other wrestlers did find satisfying jobs wither in the business or outside of it. Hell, Dreamer is so old that TNA would have jumped at the opportunity to sign him and make him a main-eventer. And truth be told, if Vince hadn’t fired his ass, Dreamer would still be kissing up to him today. So excuse me if I don’t cry with Dreamer.

And just another side note about the so called “bastardization” of ECW by WWE. I think that having the EV2 (yes, that’s the name) guys show Hulk Hogan tremendous respect, with Devon even doing the gesture universally known as “We’re not worthy” is a bigger travesty to what ECW allegedly stood for. The original ECW positioned itself as the antithesis to everything that Hulk Hogan represented. But now in TNA they look up to him and Dreamer even asked Hogan for his permission to fight Abyss (Or for that matter, asking any authority figure for permission to fight someone)? That’s how you bastardize ECW, not by putting Mark Henry on it.

And then there’s TNA, the company that never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. For eight years TNA has been trying to leech off the glory of other promotions. When they first started they were a poor man’s version of WCW. Then they started getting some big name wrestlers from WWE and used them to try and portray the promotion as an equal to WWE. Don’t get me wrong, if I ran a wrestling promotion and people like Christian or Kurt Angle were available I’d sign them in a heartbeat, it would have been foolish not to do so. But having them go out and trash WWE was bush league. TNA did not look like an equal or even a close second place to WWE. They looked like a minor league organization that clings to the name of the leading promotion in order to catch some of its residual heat. TNA never realized that by focusing their energy on its so called war with WWE (A war that WWE was and is wise enough not to acknowledge or tape part in), they diluted their own brand. They never tried to build themselves as TNA Wrestling and succeed on their own; they were nothing more than “the other wrestling promotion that isn’t WWE”. They repeated that same mistake with the pathetic promos that Hulk Hogan cut early this year.

But now they have taken things a step further. They actually put the TNA brand on the back burner in order to leech off whatever value the ECW brand might still have. TNA already draws a lot more viewers than ECW ever did to its weekly shows (In actual numbers, not in rating points) so they’re catering to the fringe of the wrestling world in a move that will probably will not bring any benefit to TNa in the long run. Don’t compare it to One Night Stand in 2005 – that Pay Per View did not come at the expense of any of WWE’s traditional events and the WWE brand was a big part of it, even during the confrontation between JBL and Paul Heyman. Most of the wrestlers in that event were with WWE for many years that they were already identified with WWE. In that context, their participation at ONS, actually helped the WWE brand and its wrestlers. Here TNA is putting the spotlight on wrestlers that are either coming in for a one-off paycheck or guys that are identified with other promotions. Dreamer’s promo even went a step further towards hurting TNA by mentioning that whatever TNA is doing today, ECW already did in the past. It would have been one thing if he said that TNA wrestlers are the successors or the new generation of the ECW veterans. Instead he said “Long Before Samoa Joe, there was Taz”, and the same about the Beautiful People and Beulah/Francine. It’s like saying that the TNA stars are knockoffs of ECW people. He then went on to say that TNA is like ECW in the sense that this is where stars are made and veterans came to help create new stars. If that were true, then how come only four of the TNA champions since 2002 are TNA originals and the others were people who made their name in other promotions? It’s another example of TNA leeching off others – they have one of the most talented roster that any wrestling promotion ever had, yet they keep putting over the people from other promotions! How is that helping TNA? How does that help drive the TNA brand into people’s minds?

TNA can and should succeed. TNA has all the elements it needs in order to do that. I love most of the TNA wrestlers, Impact has been mostlly very good the past two months, but I hate the ECW revival. TNA lacks the most important ingredient in order to succeed – confidence in itself and its wrestlers. As long as TNA will show no faith in its own brand, the wider audience outside the Impact Zone will never do that. You can change things TNA, just believe in yourself.

NatureBoy
08-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Credit: PWInsider.com

Dave Scherer is reporting that Samoa Joe has been suspended from TNA indefinitely due to an apparent bad attitude. There is also speculation that the company hasn't been happy with Joe's weight.

UPDATE ON TOP TNA WRESTLER SUSPENSION
by Dave Scherer @ 6:28 PM on 8/3/2010

As we mentioned earlier today on the Elite site, Samoa Joe was suspended by TNA. He was not happy after his match with Jeff Hardy and was vocal about it in the back after match. The problem that we were told got him suspended was that he went into the production truck during the broadcast to complain, which is seen as a breach of etiquette. The word I have gotten was that he will be suspended for about a month.

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
I saw that with Joe.....very strange. So is this whole ECW PPV and then Impact being like a PPV. I don't have much time to even watch Smackdown let alone both that and TNA. I generally enjoy TNA when I watch....but a lot of shit doesn't make sense. Neither does it in the WWE either. With that said I'll still watch Raw religiously every week. Smackdown I don't watch as much probably cuz of spoilers and it's not live, and they'll edit and etc.

NatureBoy
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM
From TNA's twitter feed:

Brother Runt, CW Anderson and the original members of The FBI are all confirmed for Sunday's "HardCORE Justice" Pay-Per-View event! More names to be announced on Thursday's "iMPACT!"

JBHuskers
08-05-2010, 09:34 AM
My good wrestling resource John Canton has a couple of great tidbits today....

First Edge's pro wrestling debut was actually with WCW.

Edge debuted before 1998. In 1996, Adam Copeland was hired as a jobber for a match against Meng and went by the name Damon Striker. WCW considered hiring him but he quickly left because he thought it was the worst gimmick ever. Extremely Rare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoxLtgO8SU

And also, this is the rumored new WWE logo to debut on Raw's 900th show coming up...not confirmed if it is real or fake though:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs278.snc4/40224_138000546240444_100000914991669_181158_34174 45_n.jpg

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 07:40 PM
WCW considered hiring him but he quickly left because he thought it was the worst gimmick ever. Extremely Rare.A guy on WCW Pro had a gimmick? Hardly.

Gawd what a horrid match.

JBHuskers
08-05-2010, 09:07 PM
A guy on WCW Pro had a gimmick? Hardly.

Gawd what a horrid match.

Yeah I just copied and pasted form the post there LOL .... he was a jobber.

NatureBoy
08-05-2010, 09:28 PM
My good wrestling resource John Canton has a couple of great tidbits today....

First Edge's pro wrestling debut was actually with WCW.

Edge debuted before 1998. In 1996, Adam Copeland was hired as a jobber for a match against Meng and went by the name Damon Striker. WCW considered hiring him but he quickly left because he thought it was the worst gimmick ever. Extremely Rare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJoxLtgO8SU

And also, this is the rumored new WWE logo to debut on Raw's 900th show coming up...not confirmed if it is real or fake though:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs278.snc4/40224_138000546240444_100000914991669_181158_34174 45_n.jpg I've seen it reported on several sites that the logo is the real deal.

JBHuskers
08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I just saw Flair's blurred naked ass on TNA :D

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 09:50 PM
That logo is a horrible mash-up of old-school and new era.

Nothingface
08-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Over at TNA....is Generation Me still around? I watched a web match where they beat the MCMG. Good stuff.

JBHuskers
08-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Over at TNA....is Generation Me still around? I watched a web match where they beat the MCMG. Good stuff.

They're not under contract if I'm remember right. I think they're on a pay-by-appearance basis.

jaymo76
08-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Okay, I haven't followed wrestling in years BUT I tuned in last week to watch Bret Hart. I loved this guy when I was a kid. It's nice him and Vince could work things out. This guy is the WWE.

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Watching Bret is quickly burning up all my great memories of him. He just looks so bad now.

Understandably, but damn.

jaymo76
08-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Watching Bret is quickly burning up all my great memories of him. He just looks so bad now.

Understandably, but damn.

Post concussion symptoms, stroke, short term paralization, death of your brother, divorce, etc ... it was a TOUGH period of time for Bret. I'm amazed he so much as set foot in the ring again... surely against doctor's orders.

JeffHCross
08-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Post concussion symptoms, stroke, short term paralization, death of your brother, divorce, etc ... it was a TOUGH period of time for Bret.Oh, I know. I remember all of it very vividly.

I guess I just wish they'd had the thing between him and McMahon and moved on after that. Embroiling him in the Nexus angle isn't good for the angle or him.

JBHuskers
08-16-2010, 10:27 PM
New WWE Tag Team title belts (getting rid of unified and going with one belt).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPr4miwgT9A

NatureBoy
08-19-2010, 10:49 AM
WWE Avatar items for your 360 avatar. (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/avatar/catalog.aspx?d=25&g=-1&bt=0&br=-1&sb=1&p=1&gi=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025451085d)

JBHuskers
08-19-2010, 11:09 AM
WWE Avatar items for your 360 avatar. (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/avatar/catalog.aspx?d=25&g=-1&bt=0&br=-1&sb=1&p=1&gi=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025451085d)

DX Glowsticks :D

NatureBoy
08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
New WWE Tag Team title belts (getting rid of unified and going with one belt).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPr4miwgT9A :South_Carolina: What was WWE thinking? Those belts are beyond ugly.

cdj
08-19-2010, 10:31 PM
:South_Carolina: What was WWE thinking? Those belts are beyond ugly.

They look like unused props from 300. All the gold looks good though.

jaymo76
08-20-2010, 12:46 AM

They would go great with Michigan St's new ultra modern (and ugly as sin) football jerseys.

JBHuskers
08-20-2010, 10:11 AM

I actually like them LOL

NatureBoy
08-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Monday Night Raw Spoilers for 8/23/10. Click here to read. (http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/08/21/wwe-monday-night-raw-spoilers-for-08-23-2010-feat-night-of-champions-main-event-decided/)

JeffHCross
08-22-2010, 12:15 AM
New WWE Tag Team title belts (getting rid of unified and going with one belt).... Spartans? Wtf.

JeffHCross
08-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Monday Night Raw Spoilers for 8/23/10. Click here to read. (http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/08/21/wwe-monday-night-raw-spoilers-for-08-23-2010-feat-night-of-champions-main-event-decided/)
In the dark match, John Cena won a 21 Man Battle Royal featuring the seven Nexus guys, seven guys from Raw and seven from Smackdown. The Nexus guys were out first and it quickly boiled down to Cena, Edge and CM Punk. Edge and Punk double teamed Cena until Cena dodged out of the way and Punk hit Edge out of the ring. Cema dumped Punk out and won.

Why, on earth, would that be a dark match? That may be the most pointless dark match ever.That's also a hell of a lot of work in one night for the top guys, just one night after Summerslam. Damn.

JBHuskers
08-22-2010, 06:41 PM

Staying away from spoilers LOL

JeffHCross
08-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Staying away from spoilers LOLWhile that article is full of spoilers, none of them are "OMG" level. In fact, most of them made me yawn.

JBHuskers
08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
While that article is full of spoilers, none of them are "OMG" level. In fact, most of them made me yawn.

Yeah....understandable.

JBHuskers
09-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Now that Hardy's in TNA and I don't really care much for TNA, I think the Miz is my favorite wrestler now.

JeffHCross
09-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I cannot take Mr. Real World seriously.

NatureBoy
09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
PWI Top 500 for 2010.

1. AJ Styles
2. John Cena
3. C.M. Punk
4. Randy Orton
5. Chris Jericho
6. Batista
7. Shinsuke Nakamura
8. The Undertaker
9. Kurt Angle
10. Sheamus
11. Triple-H
12. The Miz
13. Rey Mysterio Jr.
14. Takashi Sugiura
15. Rob Van Dam
16. Dr. Wagner Jr
17. The Big Show
18. Edge
19. Tyler Black
20. Jeff Hardy
21. Jack Swagger
22. Christian
23. Abyss
24. Ryota Hama
25. Austin Aries
26. Kofi Kingston
27. John Morrison
28. Desmond Wolfe
29. Ultimo Guerrero
30. Drew McIntyre
31. Samoa Joe
32. Davey Richards
33. Mr. Anderson
34. Ted DiBiase Jr.
35. Hirooki Goto
36. D’Angelo Dinero
37. Eddie Edwards
38. Matt Morgan
39. Hiroshi Tanahashi
40. Yoshihiro Takayama
41. Cody Rhodes
42. Mistico
43. James Storm
44. Daniel Bryan
45. Douglas Williams
46. Roderick Strong
47. Christopher Daniels
48. Mesias
49. Eric Young
50. Dolph Ziggler
51. Robert Roode
52. Naomichi Marufuji
53. Kevin Nash
54. Kevin Steen
55. R-Truth
56. Jeff Jarrett
57. Electroshock
58. Tyson Kidd
59. Montel Vontavious Porter
60. Sting
61. Adam Pearce
62. Jay Briscoe
63. Evan Bourne
64. Minoru Suzuki
65. Blue Demon Jr.
66. Matt Hardy
67. Rob Terry
68. Go Shiozaki
69. David Hart Smith
70. Satoshi Kojima
71. Hernandez
72. Cibernetico
73. Brother Devon
74. Chris Hero
75. Togi Makabe
76. Shelton Benjamin
77. Brother Ray
78. Yoshi Tatsu
79. Kane
80. Claudio Castagnoli
81. Volador Jr.
82. Takeshi Rikio
83. Dos Caras Jr.
84. JTG
85. Shad Gaspard
86. Mark Briscoe
87. Amazing Red
88. Alex Shelley
89. Mohammad Yone
90. Luke Gallows
91. La Sombra
92. Kazarian
93. Ezekiel Jackson
94. Carlito
95. Chris Sabin
96. Kenny King
97. Phil Shatter
98. BxB Hulk
99. Mark Henry
100. Heath Slater
101. Colt Cabana
102. Homicide
103. Jon Moxley
104. Averno
105. Yuji Nagata
106. Delirious
107. Magnus
108. Jerry Lynn
109. Wade Barrett
110. Naruki Doi
111. Mephisto
112. Steve Corino
113. Goldust
114. Joe Hennig
115. Masakatsu Funaki
116. Max Buck
117. Zach Ryder
118. El Generico
119. Jeremy Buck
120. Keiji Muto
121. Suwama
122. Karl Anderson
123. Rhett Titus
124. Shannon Moore
125. Primo Colon
126. William Regal
127. Yujiro
128. Erick Stevens
129. Brian Kendrick
130. The Great Khali
131. Tyson Dux
132. KENTA
133. Chessman
134. Jay Lethal
135. Orlando Jordan
136. Finlay
137. Toshiaki Kawada
138. Negro Casas
139. Rhino
140. Kensuke Sasaki
141. Justin Gabriel
142. Kenny Omega
143. Masato Tanaka
144. Paul London
145. Marco Corleone
146. Tetsuya Naito
147. Ray Gonzalez
148. La Parka
149. Joe Lider
150. Jimmy Jacobs
151. Kaz Hayashi
152. Naoya Ogawa
153. Mikal Judas
154. Trent Beretta
155. Vladimir Kozlov
156. Katsuhiko Nakajima
157. Silver King
158. CIMA
159. Caylen Croft
160. Paul Birchill
161. Chuck Taylor
162. Perro Aguayo Jr.
163. Scott Steiner
164. Brett DiBiase
165. Brent Albright
166. Extreme Tiger
167. Tajiri
168. Vance Archer
169. Sean Waltman
170. Shawn Daivari
171. Joey Ryan
172. Chris Masters
173. Tomko
174. Sami Callihan
175. Latin Lover
176. Alex Koslov
177. Chavo Guerrero
178. Sonjay Dutt
179. Felino
180. Tyler Reks
181. Jun Akiyama
182. Martin Stone
183. Pac
184. Kiyoshi
185. Manabu Nakanishi
186. Petey Williams
187. Shinjiro Otani
188. Atlantis
189. Austin Creed
190. Necro Butcher
191. Drake Brewer
192. Giant Bernard
193. Tommy Dreamer
194. Stevie Richards
195. Joe E. Legend
196. Bison Smith
197. Darren Young
198. Nicho El Millionario
199. Blue Panther
200. Jason Hades
201. Alex Riley
202. Kory Chavis
203. Arik Cannon
204. Cody Deaner
205. Jason Blade
206. Takeshi Morishima
207. David Otunga
208. Mr. Niebla
209. Kaval
210. Jack Evans
211. Jon Davis
212. Toru Yano
213. Osamu Nishimura
214. Mike Knox
215. Ryusuke Taguchi
216. Rasche Brown
217. Prince Devitt
218. Skip Sheffield
219. Ultimo Gladiator
220. Icarus
221. Shawn Spears
222. Mike Quackenbush
223. Jesse Neal
224. Teddy Hart
225. 2 Cold Scorpio
226. Gran Akuma
227. Yuko Miamoto
228. Tommaso Ciampa
229. Kohei Sato
230. Okada
231. Scott Lost
232. Hector Garza
233. Tiger Mask IV
234. Maasaki Mochizuki
235. Brodie Lee
236. Super Crazy
237. Billy Ken Kid
238. Percy Watson
239. Lince Dorado
240. Mascara Dorado
241. T.J. Cannon
242. Dragon Kid
243. Zorro
244. Ruckus
245. Drake Younger
246. Shocker
247. Raven
248. Oliver John
249. B-Boy
250. Kota Ibushi
251. El Hijo Del Santo
252. Eddie Kingston
253. N8 Mattson
254. Rocky Romero
255. Curt Hawkins
256. Cody Hawk
257. Masahiro Chono
258. B.J.
259. Jigsaw
260. Rey Bucanero
261. Koji Kanemoto
262. Johnny Devine
263. Bruce Maxwell
264. El Sensacional Carlitos
265. Akebono
266. Christopher Gray
267. Ryan Eagles
268. Sterling James Keenan
269. El Terrible
270. Ares
271. Michael Elgin
272. Sebastian Suave
273. Yamato
274. Texano Jr.
275. Tommy Taylor
276. Hallowicked
277. Vampiro
278. Mike Rollins
279. Metal Master
280. Josh Daniels
281. Dustin Cutler
282. Derek Wylde
283. Johnny Curtis
284. Nick Gage
285. Shadow Jackson
286. Brandon Cutler
287. Darrin Corbin
288. Jimmy Wang Yang
289. Quiet Storm
290. Tursas
291. Jules Uso
292. Ace Rockwell
293. Ryan Kruz
294. Pepper Parks
295. Konnan
296. Jimmy Uso
297. Sean Morley
298. Johnny Prime
299. Slam Master J
300. Glen Osbourne
301. Xtremo
302. Joey Mercury
303. Rory McAllister
304. Rob Eckos
305. Brandon Bonham
306. Mike Mondo
307. Robbie McAllister
308. Aden Chambers
309. Benjamin Boone
310. Harley Jackson
311. Prince Nana
312. Billy Bax
313. Shark Boy
314. Strongman
315. Jimmy Rave
316. Scorpio Sky
317. Jushin Liger
318. Shaun Tempers
319. Johnny Kashmere
320. Jackson Andrews
321. The Blue Meanie
322. Jimmy DeMarco
323. Dragon Rojo Jr.
324. Bo Rotundo
325. KC Kea
326. Spike Dudley
327. Dal Knox
328. Brandon Locke
329. Ron Zombie
330. Matt Cross
331. Duke Rotundo
332. Matt Walsh
333. La Mascara
334. Brad Attitude
335. Silas Young
336. TJ Perkins
337. Sangre Azteca
338. Glamour Boy Shane
339. Phil Atlas
340. Tim Donst
341. Egotistico Fantastico
342. Leo Kruger
343. Michael Tarver
344. Tommy Thunda
345. Kimo
346. Tito Colon
347. Trik Davis
348. Ryan McBride
349. J.D. Maverick
350. Santino Marella
351. Truitt Fields
352. The Sheik
353. Nicky Benz
354. L.A. Park
355. Gregory Helms
356. Frankie the Mobster
357. Sinn Bodhi
358. Hunico
359. Pat Buck
360. Mahoney
361. Jeremy Vain
362. Don Paysan
363. Johnny Gargano
364. Richie Steamboat
365. Caprice Coleman
366. Mason Ryan
367. Savio Vega
368. Charley Manson
369. Jonny Puma
370. Josh Alexander
371. T.J. Mack
372. Marshall Gambino
373. Chasyn Rance
374. Shane Haste
375. Bobby Dempsey
376. Matt Burns
377. Kirby Mack
378. Ryoji Sai
379. Danny Daniels
380. Derrick Bateman
381. Asylum
382. Kevin Grace
383. Lynx
384. Mike Tobin
385. Tank
386. Ultimo Dragon
387. Marion Fontaine
388. Zaquary Springate III
389. Matt Riviera
390. Chase Del Monte
391. Ricky Reyes
392. Kenzo Suzuki
393. Simon Sez
394. Vance Nevada
395. Joey Knight
396. Orien Bishop
397. Aero Star
398. John McChesney
399. Robin Knightwing
400. Bazooka Joe
401. Titan
402. Big E Langston
403. Damien Slater
404. Rudy Switchblade
405. Josef Von Schmidt
406. Matt Logan
407. Ricochet
408. Alex Price
409. Thumbtack Jack
410. Tyler Veritas
411. Mega
412. Scotty Mac
413. Eric Cooper
414. Kid Kash
415. Grizzly Redwood
416. Bryan Logan
417. Adam Cole
418. Nick Logan
419. Papadon
420. Breaker Morant
421. Vinny Dunn
422. Scott Zenzen
423. Bruiser Bennett
424. Steve O
425. Jake O’Reilly
426. Freak Nastty
427. Jimmy Cicero
428. Kamikaze
429. Bobby Shields
430. Hiram Tua
431. Eddie Taurus
432. Mikaze
433. Tony Stetson
434. Chris Rockwell
435. Slim J
436. Donny Marlow
437. Davey Deluxeo
438. Rudy Parker
439. Samuel Elias
440. Ernie Ballz
441. Joe Bravo
442. Robbie Gilmore
443. Ryan Sawyer
444. Wall Calrissian
445. Ananzi
446. Aaron Stevens
447. Mike Sydal
448. Alex Anthony
449. Colin Delaney
450. Cable Jones
451. Conrad Tanner
452. Wes Brisco
453. Titus O’Neil
454. Reiko DMF
455. Dan Eckos
456. Ron Falco
457. Handsome Johnny
458. Vince Beach
459. Corey Hollis
460. Tommy Mack
461. Bill Collier
462. Kwan Chang
463. Mozart Fontaine
464. Scott Chase
465. Barry Ryte
466. Crisifix
467. Don Vega
468. Steve Madison
469. Chris Black
470. Mike Posey
471. Kid America
472. Eli Cottonwood
473. Scott Wright
474. Crazzy Steve
475. J.T. Playa
476. Cameron Thomas
477. Prince Iaukea
478. Marc Mandrake
479. Ray Alexander
480. J.B. Trask
481. Rip Impact
482. Brian Millonas
483. A.J. Strokes
484. Phil Latio
485. Malachi
486. Chris Cooper
487. Primo Scordino
488. Barry Hardy
489. Hellcat
490. Shockwave the Robot
491. Robert Roma
492. Billy Gibbs
493. Steve Kruz
494. Mr. Ooh La La
495. Super Sweet
496. Brandon Thurston
497. Gabe Saint
498. Kliff Hanger
499. Peter B. Beautiful
500. Barry Wolf

JeffHCross
09-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I concur with #1. Don't care about anything else on the list, lol.

JBHuskers
09-13-2010, 10:06 AM
First time a TNA wrestler was at #1.

JeffHCross
09-13-2010, 08:54 PM
First time a TNA wrestler was at #1.I believe AJ was #1 when he was a RoH wrestler too.

Raw Side Note: Miz using his background as a Parma/Clevelander and calling Chad Johnson a member of the Cincinnati Bungles. For that, I say "Awesome".

Otherwise he can eat a dick.

JeffHCross
09-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Anybody else notice last week that the camera blatantly showed the script sitting on the laptop when Edge was "thinking" about destroying the laptop? I know kayfabe is practically broken nowadays, but my word. At least make an effort to not make it obvious.

JeffHCross
09-13-2010, 09:36 PM
I don't normally agree with Jerry Lawler ... but less R-Truth, more Eve Torres.

That goes for the entire show, in fact.

JBHuskers
09-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Anybody else notice last week that the camera blatantly showed the script sitting on the laptop when Edge was "thinking" about destroying the laptop? I know kayfabe is practically broken nowadays, but my word. At least make an effort to not make it obvious.

Been like that since day one :D

Raw Roulette is so stupid, mainly because it's not random, it's pre-taped segments until they get the right spin.

JBHuskers
09-13-2010, 09:42 PM
There's also the Pat Sajak brake on that wheel too :D

JBHuskers
09-14-2010, 01:28 AM
RIP Bastion Booger

http://celebrity-pics.movieeye.com/celebrity_pictures/Bastion_Booger_618923.jpg

JeffHCross
09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Raw Roulette is so stupid, mainly because it's not random, it's pre-taped segments until they get the right spin.Uhm ... duh?

That's kinda like the script thing I was talking about ... I don't mind that the script is there, in fact, I knew it was (though I do think it's weird it appears the script is both on the screen and printed ...) ... it was how blatantly they showed it.

Insert Kevin Butler Come On!

JeffHCross
09-19-2010, 09:10 PM
All the talk about concussions in pro football causes me to raise the question ... are concussions a common problem in wrestling? I saw Jason Witten's head hit the field in the Cowboys game, and the first thing I thought of is how wrestlers are taught to tuck their chin.

I realize it's a big difference between professional football and professional wrestling ... but I wonder if, in concert with educating the players and improving equipment ... I wonder if we should be teaching players how to take a hit and lower the risk to themselves. Not teach them not to compete, but just to protect themselves from the hits.

JBHuskers
09-20-2010, 08:32 AM
All the talk about concussions in pro football causes me to raise the question ... are concussions a common problem in wrestling? I saw Jason Witten's head hit the field in the Cowboys game, and the first thing I thought of is how wrestlers are taught to tuck their chin.

I realize it's a big difference between professional football and professional wrestling ... but I wonder if, in concert with educating the players and improving equipment ... I wonder if we should be teaching players how to take a hit and lower the risk to themselves. Not teach them not to compete, but just to protect themselves from the hits.

It's what knocked Chris Nowitski out of the business. As recent as the past year, Vince has banned chair shots to the head.

JeffHCross
09-24-2010, 10:43 PM
It's what knocked Chris Nowitski out of the business. As recent as the past year, Vince has banned chair shots to the head.Yeah, I knew about Chris ... I'd forgotten about it when I wrote that post, but I did know that. Gotta think maybe he had a history of them with his football past though.

And wow, I'm out of the loop. Just found out that Chris Kanyon died back in April.

JeffHCross
09-27-2010, 08:12 PM
It amazes me how much better the WWE commentary is when they re-record it after taping. Well, I guess that isn't too amazing, but still ... I notice it every time.

JeffHCross
09-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Raw actually took the time to use computer-generated graphics for the background of the General Manager PC. Oy.

JBHuskers
10-08-2010, 08:56 AM
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent

This is an EXCELLENT article that talks about just how horrible TNA treats their talent. Very good read.

JeffHCross
11-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Anybody got a clue why WWE is going "Old-School" tonight? Unless it's just a desperate attempt at ratings / PPV buys, I don't see a reason to do it tonight. Survivor Series has no "old school" connection that I know of.

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
So TNA pays their wrestlers shitty, but will spend $18k for a special world title for Jeff Hardy LOL deja vu WCW?

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Also, Alberto Del Rio is one of my new favorites....the dude is awesome.

JeffHCross
11-22-2010, 09:16 PM
It's regularly amazing to me when companies will epically fail when it comes to marketing.

Take WWE for example. They just had a near-teary goodbye from John Cena. Michael Cole calls it one of the "most emotional moments in the history of RAW".

On the very next commercial break, an advertisement runs for a special Raw touring show in late December from Washington DC ... with a fatal four way between Cena, Barrett, Orton and The Miz. Sigh. So for anyone in the DC area, Cena's "firing" lasted about 2 minutes.

JeffHCross
11-22-2010, 10:06 PM
And your NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWE Champion ... a former star of MTV Real World.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/ht_mike_080423_ssv.jpg

Sigh.

souljahbill
11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
The best part about that season of the Real World........
http://www.tvgasm.com/newsgasm/news/2007/06/19/realworld/coralsmith/coralsmith.jpg

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME .... Miz is WWE Champ!

C'mon Jeff...dude is good.

JBHuskers
11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Was hilarious when CM Punk threw out some shots at Alex Riley for his recent DUI....overall I think Punk was pretty good. And overall I think Riley was lit:

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/k/kevinkiley/gallery/photoscans/1/gallery1/001.jpg

JeffHCross
11-23-2010, 09:38 PM
C'mon Jeff...dude is good.Dude is better than I ever thought he would be.

But he's not that good.

Though his victory did cause me to go back and look at the Tough Enough rosters from over the years. I completely forgot that John Morrison was Tough Enough too. I just remember Maven, actually.

JBHuskers
11-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Dude is better than I ever thought he would be.

But he's not that good.

Though his victory did cause me to go back and look at the Tough Enough rosters from over the years. I completely forgot that John Morrison was Tough Enough too. I just remember Maven, actually.

Is Maven still on QVC :D

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Okay I'm usually more tolerant than most on creative's shitty ideas....but seriously....Juan Cena? His "legendary" Mexican cousin.

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/j/johncena/gallery/photoscans/2/gallery1/025.jpg

JeffHCross
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Lmao.

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Lmao.

I'm over 2 hours in so far...maybe they took my advice on Twitter and have Cena go all "Outsiders" and just bust in whenever....that's kinda what he did tonight...

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Nice $2 crown there WWE. Also a nice $2....maybe $5 scepter.

JeffHCross
11-29-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm over 2 hours in so far...maybe they took my advice on Twitter and have Cena go all "Outsiders" and just bust in whenever....that's kinda what he did tonight...Yeah, it's pretty much a reverse nWo right now.

Also, gotta love the segment when Husky and the other dude are saying "Cena took out 3 of us in one night!" ... dude ... you two were in the back during that beatdown. How did he "take you out" if you're still walking?

JBHuskers
11-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Yeah, it's pretty much a reverse nWo right now.

Also, gotta love the segment when Husky and the other dude are saying "Cena took out 3 of us in one night!" ... dude ... you two were in the back during that beatdown. How did he "take you out" if you're still walking?

He's (Otunga) talking about Hennig (not going to call him McGilliwhathefuck), Wendy...errr Slater, and Gabriel....

Something makes me want to think Otunga is working with Cena....it's clear he's going to to leave the group eventually.

JeffHCross
11-30-2010, 12:31 AM
He's (Otunga) talking about Hennig (not going to call him McGilliwhathefuck), Wendy...errr Slater, and Gabriel....Oops. I'd totally forgotten about Hennig. So I could only think of two.

Still pretty funny ... the three of them get jumped -- Gabriel gets absolutely destroyed ... and then those two are like "three of us got taken out!" How the hell did you survive that, fatso?

( I wouldn't call him Husky Harris either, except, realistically, it sounds less far-fetched than Windham Rotunda )

JBHuskers
11-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Oops. I'd totally forgotten about Hennig. So I could only think of two.

Still pretty funny ... the three of them get jumped -- Gabriel gets absolutely destroyed ... and then those two are like "three of us got taken out!" How the hell did you survive that, fatso?

( I wouldn't call him Husky Harris either, except, realistically, it sounds less far-fetched than Windham Rotunda )

That passenger car window sure busted out easy to make it look good when he irish whipped him into it.

NatureBoy
11-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Nice $2 crown there WWE. Also a nice $2....maybe $5 scepter.:D I was thinking the same thing JB. They look like something you would buy at Wal-Mart or K-Mart.

JBHuskers
12-03-2010, 10:16 AM
When Vince can't run the company anymore. I hope Steph and Trips don't be this idiotic.....

At the Monday Night Raw taping in Orlando, a fan ringside wearing Hulk Hogan merchandise. Security personnel made him remove almost all of his Hulkster garb, and was given a "Stand Up for WWE" T-shirt to wear.

JBHuskers
12-03-2010, 10:17 AM
The WWE website announced this evening that MVP has been released from his contract.

MVP released
Written: December 2, 2010

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar MVP as of December 2, 2010. WWE wishes MVP the best in all future endeavor

Wow, they go from completely under utilizing him to just releasing him. I'm guessing MVP wanted this release considering he was going nowhere.

JBHuskers
12-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Watched my first PPV in several months last night. Overall it was good. The Sheamus/Morrison Ladder match was probably the 2nd best match of 2010 next to HBK/Taker II.

Hell even the Divas tables match was decent. Was kinda stupid that they billed Cena/Barrett as the main event over the title matches. Pretty stoked that Edge is now in the 10-time world champion category....and look forward to the feud continuing against Kane leading up to the Rumble.

JBHuskers
12-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Why can't the writing be this good all-year round?

One of the best promo vids of 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnBNQxMrw8c

JeffHCross
12-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Seen tonight during Raw:

Smackdown vs Raw has sold more video games than: Medal of Honor, NBA Live, Harry Potter, Residential Evil, and Guitar Hero.
I'm not sure if they're talking about all-time or this year ... if they're talking about all-time, I find it hard to believe with Guitar Hero or NBA Live ... if they're talking this year ... NBA Live?!

EDIT: Apparently they're talking all time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises#At_least_20_million_ copies) ... wow. Only 21 franchises, all-time, have sold more than Smackdown.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Tuesday's live Smackdown on USA got a 2.5 rating...a HUGE jump from what they're getting on SyFy, wonder if that will eventually push the WWE to go live with it full time.

This is the time of year I love in the WWE, this is when the writers usually step up their game and actually have longer lasting feuds to run through Wrestlemania.

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
actually have longer lasting feuds to run through Wrestlemania.I was amused that the Nexus storyline was essentially the entire nWo storyline condensed into a couple months.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 03:57 PM
NXT Season 2 winner Kaval (aka Lo-Ki) is ALREADY released by the WWE :D ridiculous waste of a good talent.

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Pretty sure that's the second time they've totally wasted his talent, isn't it?

I can't fathom that they actually are doing right by American Dragon but have screwed up so many other guys.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Pretty sure that's the second time they've totally wasted his talent, isn't it?

I can't fathom that they actually are doing right by American Dragon but have screwed up so many other guys.

No, he's had two stints in TNA after ROH. This was his first stint with WWE.

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 04:37 PM
No, he's had two stints in TNA after ROH. This was his first stint with WWE.Ah yes, it was TNA that totally wasted him.

Sigh ... RoH's roster was so incredibly good a few years ago.

JBHuskers
12-24-2010, 11:29 PM
I guess Kaval asked for his release, WWE didn't fire him. And he said according to Twitter that Kaval is no more....so I'm assuming he'll be going by Lo-Ki from now on.

JBHuskers
12-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Some interesting stuff about Goldust in his days in TNA...this is from his new book:

WWE talent Dustin Rhodes (a/k/a Goldust) speaks frankly and openly about his journey through the professional wrestling industry in his newly released autobiography, Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness. He gives a no-holds barred account of his severe drug problems, which notably persisted during his two stints with TNA Wrestling. In the book, he admits that his issues had worsened to the point that he was using cocaine prior to matches for the organization in 2005. Regarding this, he wrote:

"Eventually, and thanks to my dad, I started working for Total Nonstop Action for $1,000 a show. He was the boss, right under Dixie Carter. TNA wasn't doing too well at that point, but I had a job making okay money. I could drive home just about every night. All I was doing was what little I had to do in the ring, then hanging out spending my money on coke, pills, and booze.

"I started making excuses for why I couldn't hang with Dakota. Subconsciously I probably knew I didn't want her around me or my girlfriend because the environment was so toxic. Despite the chaos, I showed up every night for work. I have no idea how I was able to stay on point with work at that time. One of my cardinal rules was never to drink before I worked a match. I wouldn't consider doing coke before a match either. I'd take painkillers, fine. I had been taking painkillers for so long that I had convinced myself I really need them. I was taking medicine because I worked in a tough business. That was the story I had cemented into my mind. But drugs have a way of altering everything, including the stories you tell yourself. Eventually, I started doing a little coke before matches while retaining my vow to never drink alcohol before I go into the ring, as if that was something to be proud of."

Rhodes parted ways with TNA Wrestling after being arrested on April 25, 2005 and charged with misdemeanor battery following a domestic incident with his girlfriend at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida. He would return to the organization two years later as the split personality character Black Reign. He said that time was the hardest period of his life as his painkiller usage increased.

"Every morning, as soon as I pulled myself out of bed, I'd take three Vicodins or Lortabs just to get moving. I was sore and pretty banged up physically, but over time pain pills exaggerated rather than eliminated whatever pain I was feeling. It was a slow process for me to get into the day. I'd get that first rush from pills and then I'd get moving. I might do something around the house, or jump into my truck and drive to the river to work on this book."

He continues disclosing his severe self-medication issues, which culminated with the following in early 2008:

"I was probably taking close to forty pills a day at the end. I was so desperate that I actually bought pain pills from drug dealers because I would run out long before I could find another doctor to write a prescription. If I dropped a pill and it fell into the carpet, I would spend hours down on my hands and knees trying to find it. At the same time I was drinking so much that I'd wake up dizzy and unable to walk.

"Finally, after a three-day binge, I'd had enough. It was raining, I pulled myself up and walked right out the door. The rain was pouring down and I stumbled up a hill near this house where I knew I could get cell-phone reception. Somehow, I managed to call my dad. It was four thirty in the morning. I was falling down the hill in the mud. Ta-rel (his girlfriend) was trying to hold me up. I was scared half to death. I managed to get into the house, soaking wet.

"I had found the bottom."

Rhodes, still affiliated with TNA Wrestling, then reveals calling Ann Russo-Gordon, the liaison between World Wrestling Entertainment and talent who take up the company's offer for rehab. He remained locked away in a rehabilitation center for thirty days to face his demons and was successful. He credits his family and WWE, which he also considers family, for helping him turn his life around. He says he has remained sober since May 20, 2008.

JBHuskers
12-28-2010, 12:46 AM
CM Punk the new leader of Nexus....interesting.

JBHuskers
12-28-2010, 10:09 AM
More interesting:

According to Dave Melzer of the Wrestling Observer, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is trying to get out of his UFC contract, which currently has one fight remaining on it. Lesnar reportedly wants to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year and has been talking with WWE officials about how the deal can be done.

In what sounds like a very telling piece of information, Brock Lesnar has not talked with anyone from UFC or answered Dana White's phone calls since losing the UFC Heavyweight Title to Cain Velasquez last month. Sources also say that Lesnar hasn't began to prepare for his next UFC fight and hasn't trained since losing to Velasquez.

It's said that Lesnar has lost some interest in MMA and has been been re-considering his future in the sport after his devestating loss to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121 and the beating he took in the win against Shane Carwin before that.

JBHuskers
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM
More on Lesnar:

According to Dave Meltzer of Yahoo Sports, former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is looking for an "exit strategy" to get out of his UFC contract, which most believe currently has one fight left on it. Lesnar "badly" wants to work WWE's WrestleMania 27 pay-per-view in Atlanta next year.

The MMA world has been buzzing about this story since Dave Melzer broke the news on Monday night. Meltzer said on his radio show that the fight with Velasquez has changed Brock's attitude on fighting and he is at the stage in his life where he doesn't want to get injured. He's very well off financially and the business man in him apparently knows that it may be time to move on.

Lesnar has been hunting and hasn't even thought about his next fight. Lesnar apparently wants to do WrestleMania "badly" and will earn an estimated $2 million dollars for 30 minutes of work.

Its widely known that Lesnar was miserable with WWE's brutal travel schedule and vowed to never be on the road with WWE 200 days a year again. With the mainstream success he's had in the UFC and the insane drawing power he's displayed during his time there, he could make a truckload of money working WrestleMania and a few other limited appearances.

JBHuskers
12-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Completely AWESOME wrestling. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2baXiRfvW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGTL9HT9a6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhVa6oj_bZc

JBHuskers
12-29-2010, 12:41 PM
LMAO - oh my

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXBnEabG43s

JBHuskers
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
WOW ... awesome mash-up of Punk and Nexus' themes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2rYG3CCsKw

JeffHCross
12-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Awesome until the auto-tuned lyrics from We Are One. Both are awesome songs, so I'm not surprised they mash up well.

JBHuskers
12-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Awesome until the auto-tuned lyrics from We Are One. Both are awesome songs, so I'm not surprised they mash up well.

Curious to see what the WWE does with it...

jaymo76
12-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Watched TNA IMPACT last night for the first time in a year or so. What is going on there? Is there anyone who is not a WWE re-tread??? Plus, how does this company make money? I work with more people than they had fans. Hey not to criticize because I would choose TNA or WWE just because but how does Bishoff keep getting work???

JBHuskers
01-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I can't watch TNA anymore. The stories have more holes than WWE. And that's saying something. There is a heel turn every other month by someone and no one can keep up....

WWE's new backstage interviewer isn't too bad....better than Grisham....this guy has the voice to do interviews, not sound like a complete wuss.

NatureBoy
01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Pro Wrestling Illustrated 2010 Award Winners.

Stanley Weston Award: Killer Kowalski

Rookie: David Otunga

Inspirational: Shawn Michaels

Comeback: RVD

Improved: D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke)

Woman: Michelle McCool

Popular: Randy Orton

Hated: Nexus

Feud: Nexus vs. WWE

Match: Undertaker vs. HBK from Wrestlemania

Team: Motor City Machine Guns

Wrestler: Randy Orton

JeffHCross
01-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Most of those make me :smh:

JBHuskers
01-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Some interesting insight from a former WWE writer:

* Vince McMahon views Skip Sheffield as a potential number two babyface, behind John Cena. He remains sidelined after suffering a compound fracture of his ankle in August.

* Piermarini says the original concept of the Uso brothers was to present them as the opposite of the stereotypical Samoan wrestler—educated, intelligent and wear boots. "Usos would essentially have been the Russell Simmons of the WWE. That preppy hip-hop style," he says. Piermarini attributes their lackluster push in the organization to Vince McMahon not understanding hip-hop culture, and thus couldn't comprehend the appeal of the brothers Uso. He also says they fell victim to bad timing due to The Nexus debuting shortly after them.

* Piermarini says he originally proposed that Mason Ryan fill Sheffield's powerhouse role in The Nexus shortly after "The Cornfed Meathead" fractured his ankle. Vince McMahon, however, rejected the idea

JBHuskers
01-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Man these were the days ----- http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8dj2j_undertaker-makes-jr-kiss-mcmahon-as_sport#from=embed&start=401

JBHuskers
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
One of the most shocking if not best moments in Rumble history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpJshxa7ryM

JBHuskers
01-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Wasn't sure I wanted to read my usual news source Rajah.com today, but I did and there are two awesome surprise entrants in the Rumble tonight:

Kevin Nash & Booker T

More on one of the surprise entrants:

This will not be a one-night appearance for Booker T.

Also:

Christian might be back tonight from injury, and Carlito is expected to make his return.

JeffHCross
01-30-2011, 03:18 PM
And now I may have to order the Rumble.

JeffHCross
01-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Best moment of the Royal Rumble ... Hornswaggle with an Attitude Adjustment on Tyson Kidd.

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Best moment of the Royal Rumble ... Hornswaggle with an Attitude Adjustment on Tyson Kidd.

That was pretty good.

I loved when Morrison did his Spidey trick.

Glad that Del Rio won....I figured he would be in the title picture sometime in 2011, didn't think it would be this soon, but they did it this soon with Swagger.

The pops for Booker and Nash were awesome. I was surprised Nash came out to the Diesel gimmick, sounds like neither is going to be wrestling full time. Nash is going to be a backstage agent, Booker may be an announcer or manager.

NatureBoy
01-31-2011, 10:57 AM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6358/screed.gif

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 11:14 AM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6358/screed.gif

Imageshack blocked at work.....a lil help please :)

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Sweet pic (sorry if this is what NatureBoy posted LOL)

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/k/kevinnash/gallery/photoscans/1/gallery1/074.jpg

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 12:22 PM
This was badass last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PHTnnSM-lo

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
My simple question is ... how does one practice that ... and how does one have enough confidence in it to actually do the move?

Watching the Rumble live for the first time, I became convinced that the Rumble isn't booked to the level of detail I would have expected. There were too many moments where it made little sense for a wrestler to be knocked out when he was, as opposed to a few moments later. Diesel is a particular example, unless they were trying to get the stare down moment in particular.

Nash coming out as Diesel especially doesn't make sense considering he was Nash just a few years ago as part of the nWo. But, then again, the WWE seems to assume we don't remember what happened more than a few months ago.

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 07:30 PM
My simple question is ... how does one practice that ... and how does one have enough confidence in it to actually do the move?

Watching the Rumble live for the first time, I became convinced that the Rumble isn't booked to the level of detail I would have expected. There were too many moments where it made little sense for a wrestler to be knocked out when he was, as opposed to a few moments later. Diesel is a particular example, unless they were trying to get the stare down moment in particular.

Nash coming out as Diesel especially doesn't make sense considering he was Nash just a few years ago as part of the nWo. But, then again, the WWE seems to assume we don't remember what happened more than a few months ago.

With Morrison it was a gamble....if he landed the spot, then it's one of the coolest things ever seen in a Rumble, if not then he's written off as eliminated as he wasn't going deep in the Rumble anyways.

As for Nash, he is probably not going to be a full-time wrestler with the WWE, more like a backstage agent, so just for nostalgia they had him come out as Diesel, which I'm fully fine with.

JeffHCross
01-31-2011, 07:49 PM
As for Nash, he is probably not going to be a full-time wrestler with the WWE, more like a backstage agent, so just for nostalgia they had him come out as Diesel, which I'm fully fine with.Agreed, I just thought it was a curious choice.

NatureBoy
01-31-2011, 10:34 PM
The rumor is that it this was accidently posted on wwe.com and quickly pulled (its a HUGE spoiler if its true and may explain that 2.21.11 spot
http://i53.tinypic.com/zkloya.jpg

I would shit in my pants if it was true.

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Oh shit

HuskerBlitz
01-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Okay, now THAT would get me to watch Raw and Wrestlemania!

JBHuskers
02-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Lots of people are discrediting it, but it makes sense. I don't think they would hype up ANOTHER Undertaker return like they did tonight. Taker is on Smackdown, 2-21-11 is a Monday. I doubt his big return would be on Raw.

JeffHCross
02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I would shit in my pants if it was true. +1

Oh shit +1

Okay, now THAT would get me to watch Raw and Wrestlemania! +1

NatureBoy
02-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Some new details on Kevin Nash's return, he was on ESPN Radio's Pro Wrestling Report and mentioned a few things in the interview:

He says that the WWE flew him out from Daytona Beach, where he lives, and gave him great accommodations while in Boston for the Rumble. He said that usually whenever TNA flew him anywhere, they made him drive 90 miles to Orlando first.

He said that he signed some paperwork and got a physical when he got to the arena, and then after he checked out he talked with Triple H, Stephanie and Vince in the time leading up to the Rumble, catching up and discussing future plans. He also met a couple guys from THQ and talked about future WWE video games.

Nash said that he is currently signed to a Legends contract, which will have him and his likeness involved in possible Toys, Games and DVDs. He said he is meeting with WWE officials tomorrow to talk about what he will do next and if he will have any thing else coming up.

Also, he posted the following on his twitter:

Quote:
I want to thank everyone at WWE. All the fans in Boston. For giving me a night I will never forget. (GroundHog Day) I’ll relive that 1 over

As long as WWE will have me in wrestling capacity and my body can handle it, I will wrestle. It’s what I do! Best decision of my life.

When Vince McMahon is the boss and your best friend and his wife run creative and you see each other and hug and there is true emotion….

Contracts aren’t needed. I will do whatever I’m asked. I was welcomed back into the Family. I wont make mistake of leaving again!

JBHuskers
02-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Lots and lots of people discrediting the Sting poster.....but I still think that this could be him from the preview they showed on Monday.

JBHuskers
02-02-2011, 10:05 AM
The New York Daily News newspaper is reporting today that wrestling icon Sting has signed a one-year contract with WWE.

JBHuskers
02-02-2011, 10:09 AM
A "mild" spoiler from the Smackdown tapings regarding Booker T:

Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the SmackDown announce team at tonight's SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York, replacing Matt Striker. The team now consists of the returning Superstar, Michael Cole and Josh Mathews.

He performed the "Spin-a-Roonie" in the ring before joining his new colleagues at the announce desk.

My thoughts:

Striker is the best color commentator they have had in a while...hopefully he goes to Raw.

JBHuskers
02-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Great interview with Del Rio (out of character) just a couple of days after the Rumble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2wFqnHcI2A

JeffHCross
02-05-2011, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU4TDGlbTz8

JBHuskers
02-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Someone posted that video on the Facebook page of a wrestling writer I follow :D when I saw that video it reminded me of Chuck Taylor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOcjq4siu7A

Chuck Taylor is my favorite indy wrestler....WWE has even ripped off his move (Sole Food)....and gave it to Gail Kim :smh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxrW5EeC7Y

JeffHCross
02-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I know you've seen this before, JB, but after watching Chuck Taylor's grenade, I just have to post it again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhov41UQbUI

Must watch with sound.

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
That is hilarious :D I hadn't seen that one before. I love the THIS IS AWESOME in slo mo chant :D :D :D

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
So I just read the reason why Macho Man was blackballed by Vince was that he had sex with Stephanie McMahon when she was a teenager.

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Sounds like Vince is kicking off Raw tonight....should be an interesting start.

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 07:41 PM
So I just read the reason why Macho Man was blackballed by Vince was that he had sex with Stephanie McMahon when she was a teenager.There's a part of me that wants to find Randy and high-five of them. There's another part of me that has a massive problem with that.

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 08:19 PM
There's a part of me that wants to find Randy and high-five of them. There's another part of me that has a massive problem with that.

High five if she was of age, cuz she's hot :D if she was underage :smh:

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 08:37 PM
just started Raw on the DVR (so I can skip through commercials).....Vince is looking in great shape.

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 08:42 PM
After the Divas 6-woman tag match, they showed another promo for the 2.21.11 debut. Stupid me, I didn't switch back in time so I didn't get to see it. Gonna have to watch the rerun on Saturday just to catch it.

JBHuskers
02-07-2011, 09:55 PM
After the Divas 6-woman tag match, they showed another promo for the 2.21.11 debut. Stupid me, I didn't switch back in time so I didn't get to see it. Gonna have to watch the rerun on Saturday just to catch it.

It's slightly different than the last one, but this one makes me think more that it's Taker now.

JBHuskers
02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
This happened during a commercial break last night.....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOjmYApePVQ

Cena was one of my favorites when he was a heel rapper lol

JeffHCross
02-14-2011, 10:07 PM
It's slightly different than the last one, but this one makes me think more that it's Taker now.After the one tonight ... definitely Taker. Plus, the arena hosting the 2/21 Raw already announced it was Taker.

I've said a lot about Miz over the years, but I'm willing to eat some crow. He and Bryan Danielson put on a very, very good match tonight. I know Bryan can carry a match, and that may have been a factor tonight ... but still, very impressive.

JeffHCross
02-14-2011, 10:44 PM
One "sumbitch", a handful of "damns" and a ton of "asses". Most non-PG segment on Raw since ... well ... basically since The Rock left.

JBHuskers
02-15-2011, 12:28 AM
if you somehow missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS8-vf8w7pc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SStrUMh1i6o

souljahbill
02-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Now, if only Austin and Angle came back, I'd watch every Monday. Rock, HHH, Austin, and Angle kill these young cats in charisma.

JBHuskers
02-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Rock will probably never wrestle, Austin won't ever again, but it would be nice to see them on TV regularly in a GM type role. Rumors are when Angle's contract runs out, he may come back to WWE for one last run.

JeffHCross
02-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Rock, HHH, Austin, and Angle kill these young cats in charisma.I'm not sure it's the charisma. Cena has charisma, Captain Charisma has charisma ... they're just being held back by ... something. Rock's take on Austin 3:16 --> You Can't See Me is so undeniably true.

psuexv
02-16-2011, 10:39 AM
I didn't get a chance to watch the vids, but did he talk about taking something, turning that Son of Bitch sideways and sticking it straight up someone's candy ass? Greatest line ever.

JeffHCross
02-16-2011, 08:15 PM
I didn't get a chance to watch the vids, but did he talk about taking something, turning that Son of Bitch sideways and sticking it straight up someone's candy ass? Greatest line ever.He said part of it, at least, talking about the GM computer and Michael Cole.

JBHuskers
02-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately with the corporate deals the WWE has, they will never go away from TV-PG :smh:

CLW
02-22-2011, 10:18 PM
I got the "itch" for the Attitude era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgut7mkPUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_AyJH0aFw&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAZLkC4o-CY

I know part of the problem is the "PG" nature today of the WWE but part of me also says that the young guys of today just aren't as charismatic as the late 90s early 00s.

JeffHCross
02-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Unfortunately with the corporate deals the WWE has, they will never go away from TV-PG :smh:Strangely, when I watched the rebroadcast on Universal HD, there was no rating for the segment with the Rock, but there was a rating for every other segment that they returned to from commercial break for the entire 2 hr program. That said, TV PG was the last rating I saw for the episode ...

TV PG was also the ratings for both Smackdown and Raw this week, and both shows showed the segment again and didn't bleep out the cursing.

I got the "itch" for the Attitude era:"I am not a nugget" is still one of the best quotes on Raw ... ever.

NatureBoy
02-24-2011, 11:29 PM
:eek: Wrestleview.com's Doug Lackey is live in Fayetteville, North Carolina for tonight's TNA Impact tapings to air March 3 and 10. During the taping for next Thursday (March 3), Sting made his return to the company and defeated Jeff Hardy to become the new TNA Champion. Sting wore a new outfit with red sequins and had an old school look. Sting hit the Scorpion Death Drop and scored the clean pin.

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/stingtitle.jpg

NatureBoy
02-25-2011, 05:09 PM
http://allwrestlers.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Sting-retorna-a-TNA-3.3.111.jpg

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
When you said old school, I thought you mean the spikey blond hair and colored face paint :D

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 06:11 PM
That's what I thought too. I'd be more surprised by that.

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Some great tweets in response to the complete ripoff video TNA made as their "shocking" announcement at the end of this week's Impact

cherberrie: @tnadixie I caught the last five minute of your programming and it blows.. It is terrible... You will never be WWE. stop trying to be!

canadianbulldog: Dear @TNADixie - Nice "Surprise". Maybe next time you can surprise us with a wrestling promotion that doesn't absolutely f***ing suck.

JAVincen: @TNAwrestling @TNADixie Wow...The big surprise ending is a rip off of WWE's Undertaker promo for Sting.... Disappointing......

trtx84: Oh lord. Really @TNADixie? We're just gonna straight up copy WWE wholesale now? Embarrassing... #3311

TweepzMostLuvd: @TNADixie anything to keep them away from #1 huh? That's why this cpmpany will go down. What a let down.

jakeblckmn: @TNADixie could you please be more original, 3-3-11 really? and you wonder why your company sucks and is in the gutter, get new writers

WrestleWrestle: Y'know @TNADixie , if you're that driven to flush money down the toilet, you could just send it to me and save everyone a lot of pain.

MrGamer2558 : @TNADixie a mock video of WWE's 2-21-11 for Sting is your big surprise? you're kidding? this is a f***ing joke right?

thedylan2296: @tnadixie tna is officially dead... dixie... why? at victory have someone squash sting very quick... i wont care as long as sting looses

PocketVolcano: @TNADixie Seriously, just close up the company. Your talent is severely underpaid (esp the women) and you keep rehashing WCW stuff. Stop.

AreYouHie: @TNADixie when can i take over creative control of TNA? im pretty sure i'd bring in more viewers with much better "surprises"

bookerg: Only 1/2 an hour to go till @TNAwrestling & @tnadixie disappoint me with another overhyped "shocking surprise"! Who-hoo!

Lamou420: @TNADixie enough with the surprises already. We all know you can't deliver. Every time #tna announce a "big surprise" it's a let down.

Morris272: Sting in WWE would of been great in TNA its boring and predictable.

CdnOtakuGamer: Actually, the big surprise is that @TNADixie brought a big cake for everyone... But Matt Hardy ate it all backstage.

GrappleKingdom: Dear @TNADixie and @TNAwrestling - see how @WWE announced Sin Cara? THAT is how you make an impact in the wrestling world.

xthegunshow: @TNADixie Oh wow Sting vs Jeff Hardy...you really know how to keep those viewing figures down.

EmJayEch: The WWE is horrible & they lost me as a fan years ago, TNA is my CHOICE but TNA has opportunity and they BLOW IT BIG TIME. F-THIS @tnadixie

NotTripleH: Are we sure that TNA has the real Sting backstage, or the NWO Sting? Because I doubt @TNADixie knows the difference. #VintageDixie.

xthegunshow: @TNADixie No one gives a f*** that Sting is at tonights Impact Taping, people want him in WWE. You use him horribly.

XDustinEFLX: @TNADixie: Instead of paying your wrestlers more,you're wasting more money on a second Jersey Shore 'star'? Are you stupid?

gersfan22331: @TNADixie wow dixie the big suprise was sting wow the old man chose to stay with the 5TH rate trash that is tna

awesome_since88: @TNADixie OMG I wonder who 3-3-11 is??? This is going to change pro wrestling forever!! If I can only control myself for a whole week #TNA

EdgeUniversity: @TNADIxie so...your huge surprise for Impact was that you can copy a promo video that @WWE has been doing for the past month? GREAT JOB!

james_donald: YAY FOR COPYING WWE!!!! f*** you you dumbass bitch @TNADixie.

bookerg: I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH TNA. Don't say "SHOCKING SURPRISE" and not deliver. @TNAwrestling and @tnadixie. You just lost a viewer. FU.

Joerrd: @TNADixie LOL. That little 3-3-11 promo? That's the reason nobody takes your bingo hall company seriously.

The_Kliq_Army: @TNADixie so #TNA just basically stole the #WWE #Taker22111 promo lame

divalover159: @TNADixie learn to be original and never EVER copycat. if you want to be taken very seriously and not as a joke that you just made yourselfs tonight. learn to be original or your nothing more but a joke. just saying.

wmkrow: wow, @tnadixie, good job ripping off WWE and their 2-21-11 bit. Same font and everything.

Relentless_J: Lmfaoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! TNA really copied WWE by making a 3-3-11 video??? @TNADixie can't use ORIGINALITY!?!?!?

JeebusOMalley: @TNADixie Seriously? Not even gonna pretend to have an original thought huh? Unbelievable. Impact is garbage.

PhantomLordNYC: @TNADixie Jesus Christ can't you people come up with anything original at all???

DarkMatchRaslin: @TNADixie we liked the Sting promo the first time we saw it...when it was for Undertaker in WWE a month ago...seriously, even the numbers?

J712v2: A mock 2/21/11 video? Really TNA? Really? Dear Spike: Take TNA off TV, and put ROH on instead!

1ISchmo: Wow. Creative means being creative, not copying something from another show. The shits beyond. @TNADixie, enjoy the final year.

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 07:47 PM
It is incredibly disappointing to me that RoH didn't even get a chance with a TV deal back when they had amazing wrestlers (CM Punk, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels, all on the same roster, *sigh*), yet TNA has had one practically the whole time they've been in this horrible rehash spiral.

Side note: That 3-3-11 promo is truly sad.

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 07:51 PM
A great add to the WWE roster, Mistico who will be known as Sin Caras in WWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRcw4HffCa8

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm genuinely surprised that WWE would sign any masked wrestlers outside of Mysterio, but not so surprised that they signed someone who's considered a "top star" at another promotion. They seem to like grabbing the top guys of other promotions, regardless of whether they need them.

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm genuinely surprised that WWE would sign any masked wrestlers outside of Mysterio, but not so surprised that they signed someone who's considered a "top star" at another promotion. They seem to like grabbing the top guys of other promotions, regardless of whether they need them.

Well Rey is a walking injury.

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 08:25 PM
True, but I'm more speaking the point that I haven't previously thought WWE thought very highly of masked wrestlers (Lucha type, not Kane type).

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 09:02 PM
True, but I'm more speaking the point that I haven't previously thought WWE thought very highly of masked wrestlers (Lucha type, not Kane type).

Have you seen the cash Rey has brought to the company?

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Have you seen the cash Rey has brought to the company?Actually, no. But that does make sense.

:: shrug :: I'm just saying that, historically, I haven't thought that WWE management thought very highly of Mexican wrestlers, their heritage, or their style. Maybe with Rey, Del Rio, and now Mistico, that's changing? Or they're just picking guys that they can "convert" to their style.

NatureBoy
02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
When you said old school, I thought you mean the spikey blond hair and colored face paint :D :D He doesn't have enough hair to do that anymore. The jacket he wore was old school. Mixing the old and current look isn't a good idea IMO.

:mad: I could kick Sting in the ass for not showing up on Raw Monday night. I had my hopes way up for a Sting vs Taker match at WM 27. HHH vs Taker doesn't interest me one bit. Anyone remember their snoozefest match at WM 17? B-O-R-I-N-G!

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Actually, no. But that does make sense.

It's quite the sum. That's why he's never been a bad guy.

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 11:57 PM
HHH vs Taker doesn't interest me one bit.I was glad for it for two reasons. One, that means I won't be tempted to by WM. If it had been Sting/Taker, they could have practically guaranteed a purchase from me. Two, that's about the only match they could setup for Taker at WM with no build. And less than a month isn't time for anything but shit build.

It's quite the sum. That's why he's never been a bad guy.I can imagine. All those masks the kids wear is probably a significant sum, for example. I also think Rey might be mentally against being a heel though. As far as I can remember, he's never been a heel in any of the promotions he's been in ... in America, at least.

JBHuskers
02-26-2011, 03:36 PM
I was glad for it for two reasons. One, that means I won't be tempted to by WM. If it had been Sting/Taker, they could have practically guaranteed a purchase from me. Two, that's about the only match they could setup for Taker at WM with no build. And less than a month isn't time for anything but shit build.
I can imagine. All those masks the kids wear is probably a significant sum, for example. I also think Rey might be mentally against being a heel though. As far as I can remember, he's never been a heel in any of the promotions he's been in ... in America, at least.

There's actually over 5 weeks left til WM, plenty of time to build, sounds like HBK will be the special ref from what I've read.

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 03:38 PM
There's actually over 5 weeks left til WM, plenty of time to build, sounds like HBK will be the special ref from what I've read.Well, it's plenty of time to build with someone like HHH that's already established. 5 weeks would have been insufficient to build someone new to WWE or not in the WWE main event. I guess that's what I really meant.

Hell, with HHH and UT, just the stare down (which I have named Longest-WWE-Segment-With-No-Words-In-History (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8lxM6BFdT0)) was enough to build the match, lol.

SmoothPancakes
02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Damn, after watching the stare down on youtube, as well as after watching those videos from the Attitude era on the previous page, I might just have to start watching wrestling again, for the first time in years upon years, just see what they do to further build HHH-UT in the coming weeks.

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Deflection for a HoF nominee or sour grapes?

- Bill Goldberg tweeted the following over the weekend in response to fans asking him whether he'll be a part of WrestleMania 27:

"No WWE plans on the horizon.....don't believe rumors. Is what it is."

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Gotta love this brewing social media feud between the Rock and Cena:

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/t/therock/gallery/photoscans/1/gallery1/216.jpg

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Okay ABC, you might have finally sucked me into Dancing With The Stars with Chris Jericho as one of the participants LOL (http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/28/dancing-with-the-stars-kirstie-alley-kendra-wilkinson-maksim-chmerkovsky-wendy-williams-louis-van-amstel-tony-davolani-chris-jericho-cheryl-burke-lil-romeo-chelsie-hightower-chelsea-kane-mark-ballas/)

JeffHCross
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Deflection for a HoF nominee or sour grapes?Sounds sour to me. Would be very surprised to see Goldberg get an HoF.

JBHuskers
02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Sounds sour to me. Would be very surprised to see Goldberg get an HoF.

That was my initial feeling too...sour grapes. He was rumored though for the HoF :smh:

JeffHCross
02-28-2011, 08:53 PM
So was Sting (which I consider much more likely than Goldberg, all things considered)

JBHuskers
03-01-2011, 10:22 AM
:D :D :D

CM Punk is a must follow on Twitter.

CM Punk and Buffalo Bills linebacker Shawne Merriman engaged in a war of words yesterday on Twitter in regards to the NFL star encountering some WWE Divas during the Raw brand's stay in Costa Rica. When reached for comment, The Straight Edge Superstar explained the matter to the Chicago Sun-Times.

"All I did was observe him walking around poolside, back and fourth, around in circles. I had no clue who he was, just knew that this guy was obviously trying to get noticed. When that didn't work, he sent his publicist after the girls, which is the most lacking of testicles thing ever. That's how we found out who he was.

"When THAT didn't work I watched him run after them as they tried to leave. Dude clowned himself and all I did was report the facts and laugh about it. On the road, the WWE is a family. The divas are my sisters, and like any big brother, I don't want creeps around my little sisters."

CLW
03-01-2011, 04:06 PM
:D :D :D

CM Punk is a must follow on Twitter.

LMAO. The Divas know what steroids does to the male body.

NatureBoy
03-01-2011, 10:20 PM
CM Punk is a must follow on Twitter.:D Little sisters my ass! He's boned half (or more) of the divas if what i've read online is true. I can't say that I blame him. I would too if given the chance.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Spoiler for tonight's HoF announcement....

SUNNY! (boing!)

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/658/137/Sunny_display_image.jpg?

CLW
03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Man don't be dissin' on my 1st ever HUGE crush!

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Man don't be dissin' on my 1st ever HUGE crush!

How am I dissing....?

CLW
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
How am I dissing....?

LMAO read the spoiler wrong. Thought you said "boring" :smh: and not "boing" :nod:

HawkFan
03-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah I was going to say I thought he was pretty flattering to her. Sorry guys if I have this wrong and that's why I am asking, did Sonny die? Or was it Chris Candido who died? Or was it both? I used to watch wrestling all the time but fell off in the last 6 or 7 years. And if a guy was going to get back to watching wrestling which brand would you recommend? Back in the days I was a fan of angles and storylines but I loved watching great in ring guys like Lance Storm, Jerry Lynn, and others who could paint a story in the ring and could make anyone look good.

JBHuskers
03-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Candido died years back, Sunny is still alive and well. WWE is much better than TNA....but WWE has seen better days; however, this is the best time to watch with everything leading up to Wrestlemania in a month.

jaymo76
03-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Didn't see it but I hear that Stone Cold is back. Any truth to that???

JBHuskers
03-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Didn't see it but I hear that Stone Cold is back. Any truth to that???

Yes, he's going to be the special guest referee in the Lawler/Cole match. And also he's a trainer on Tough Enough that debuts after the April 4th Raw.

But he's not going to ever wrestle full time again, or at all. I don't even think he'll do "one more match".

NatureBoy
03-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Pro wrestler pitches first known perfect MLB 2K11 game, wins nothing.

After the break, you can watch the last three outs of a perfect game pitched in MLB 2K11 by a gamer named Michael Manna, who also happens to be known as professional wrestler Stevie Richards. Manna posted the video on YouTube hoping to win 2K Sports' $1 million perfect game contest, but he's been thwarted by the rules. Rather than having the contest go live on release day, as it did last year, this year's contest doesn't actually start until April 1, which means Manna's win doesn't actually count.

Too bad for Manna -- that's a pretty harsh chair to the back. But at least he knows he has the chops, so when the contest does kick off later this year, he can go up to the mound and try again.

LINK (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/09/pro-wrestler-pitches-first-known-perfect-mlb-2k11-game-wins-not/)

:( Poor Stevie.

SmoothPancakes
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Like someone on Joystiq said, he should just have that bitch ready to submit on the contest site at exactly 12pm eastern on April, 1st. Nothing says you have to pitch the perfect game AFTER April 1st, so he just has to wait a couple weeks to submit it and still have a chance to win if he gets his in first and it gets verified.

JBHuskers
03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't think it works that way. You have to load into the game from a special menu I think. So it knows when you played.

SmoothPancakes
03-10-2011, 10:09 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't think it works that way. You have to load into the game from a special menu I think. So it knows when you played.

If that's the case, then that really sucks. I don't know why they are waiting until April 1st to start the contest. Last year, I want to think they started it on release day, so don't know the long wait this year. Unless they are hoping to drive up more sales with the hope of making people think they could still be the one to win by making it an entire month before the contest even starts.

JeffHCross
03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
If that's the case, then that really sucks. I don't know why they are waiting until April 1st to start the contest. Last year, I want to think they started it on release day, so don't know the long wait this year.I think there were some (legitimate) complaints that making the contest start on release date essentially boiled down to "who can get the game first?" Anybody who got the game early had a distinct advantage. Anybody who didn't have to work on release day had a decent advantage.

JBHuskers
03-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Oooooh TNA....how you love to completely fuck things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lckr9OLR2Ow

Part of me is thinking this is Vince Russo trying to capitalize on Charlie Sheen's boost in popularity, maybe left Sting in the dark on what was to happen. Or Jeff was truly messed up and high. I will believe either side of this story.

NatureBoy
03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Take a look at this. Looks like TNA is trying to make up for the ending of the their PPV on Sunday.

TNA Wrestling issued the following statement regarding Sunday's Victory Road pay-per-view event:

AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO TNA WRESTLING FANS REGARDING SUNDAY'S VICTORY ROAD PAY-PER-VIEW

TNA Wrestling strives to give fans who purchase our pay-per-views as close to a full three-hour event as possible. This past Sunday’s "TNA Victory Road" fell short of that standard. Your support of TNA is never taken for granted. To show you how we value that support, we would like to offer six months of free access to the TNAondemand.com library.

To receive your free offer, please send us a copy of your Victory Road pay-per-view purchase receipt to :

TNA OnDemand Offer
209 10th Avenue South, #302
Nashville, TN 37203.

Please be sure and submit your name, address, and email address, as we will be emailing a special code that will unlock over 300 hours of great TNA Wrestling action.

JBHuskers
03-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Not bad....I think half off the next two PPV's would be another thing they should have done.

Regarding last night's Raw. It was awesome. I guess the crowd was COMPLETELY fooled by the Miz coming out as the Rock. The beatdown of Cena was awesome at the end of the show. Unfortunately, I think Miz is going to drop the title...he shouldn't I think they should go back to the old ways of long title runs.

JeffHCross
03-16-2011, 07:02 PM
The only thing "awesome" I thought about Raw was how fooled the audience was by The Miz. They even showed that one lady saying "It's the Rock!" after it was clearly, at least to me, The Miz.

That show was otherwise not worth my time. Wrestlemania is sure looking like it's going to be a disaster.

jaymo76
03-17-2011, 12:21 AM
I haven't watched in a long time BUT is the Bret Hart return over or is he still in the mix???I know he had a short contract but I have followed the guy since I was a kid and loved seeing him back in the WWF(E).

JBHuskers
03-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I haven't watched in a long time BUT is the Bret Hart return over or is he still in the mix???I know he had a short contract but I have followed the guy since I was a kid and loved seeing him back in the WWF(E).

He hasn't been on TV in a couple months. But the door is definitely open for similiar short contracts.

NatureBoy
03-22-2011, 08:22 AM
:D NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/rOsiy.jpg

JBHuskers
03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
:D NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/rOsiy.jpg

:D

JBHuskers
03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/memes-raisins-the-rock-is-back.jpg

jaymo76
03-29-2011, 12:06 PM
I guess the movie offers have ran out? Smart marketing on his part.

NatureBoy
03-29-2011, 09:34 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2uzpmhy.jpg

:D Dixie Carter has been suspended from Twitter.

Apparently she either got denied a verified account or thought twitter was taking too long to get back to her (or maybe never even applied for one in the first place) because she had the 'verified account' logo and text photoshopped onto her twitter background to try and make it look like she had one.

Of course, modifying your page to look like it's verified when it isn't is a violation of twitter's terms of use.