PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 11 - Full Effect

Jayrah
06-30-2010, 08:34 PM
We are mere hours away from the greatest month in gaming for an ncaa football fan! It's July y'all :cool:. While it's come so fast, it sure did take a long time to get here huh? I mean OMG already! :D

Wow, looking back at last years game to this, even compared to a mistake ridden demo, it's just not the same game, not even remotely. And it's easy to see while we're lining up the 8 demo teams on the field to get a feel for what is a totally new, fresh experience. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the moment and see what's right in front of our faces, and right on our front doorstep (for some of us Christmas is already here ;), jerks) haha. But let's take a step back from the immediate bright lights and glitz of NCAA 11 in it's current state.

Since the very first screenshot, the NEW NCAA has had a totally different vibe. A new take, a fresh sound, a sweet taste and a clean look. From day 1 most of us were singing smoother melodies in our disgruntled EA songs. Clemson was the pic, and a lot of us questioned: Is that a real football game? Is that photoshop? Is that momentum?

Quite honestly we have never had to ask those questions about any first screenshot of any football game this generation. After a couple weeks of debating and picking apart the picture to find every hidden detail we got the first blog, then 5 days later, got the "new gameplan" blog from new executive producer Roy Harvey, outlining what has truly become the mantra for the experience we are 14 days from sharing in. We learned about the 'real' fan experience, and the new engine of locomotion that will change the way the game is played. And ever since then it has been a complete barrage of great news in every aspect of the game.

We have had many debates on features and items missing from this game in the past few weeks. People upset about what hasn't been accomplished, and what is yet to make it's way to this gen from last. People that are mad at what Ncaa 11 is not. But I hope everyone goes back into this http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?17-NCAA-Football-11-Information-Central as I am doing to get the full effect of what NCAA 11 is. I see roughly 45 bullet point features (many of which have multiple additions), 19 blogs and official ncaa site news, 11 media articles, and 12 videos. As I am reading through from the beginning I am realizing that this game is a terrific and brilliant effort by the EA staff, and is nothing short of the most innovative football game in at least 7 years, and a generation gap of consoles. Going into the news, I thought if we'd have got half of that, I might enjoy the new game, but EA far and away exceeded mine and probably 90% of everyone's expectations throughout the spring and summer. I know we are all excited beyond words for what is about to be in our hands, but there is one word that will describe the full effect of NCAA 11: "WOW!" Let it sink in.

JBHuskers
06-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Just wait. Once you start seeing things on Friday the 9th, it will be the longest weekend in the world unless you can get the game early that weekend.

psusnoop
06-30-2010, 08:55 PM
OUCH JB that hurts.

Deuce
06-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Just wait. Once you start seeing things on Friday the 9th, it will be the longest weekend in the world unless you can get the game early that weekend.

Dude, its been a long 3 months. :D

Jayrah
06-30-2010, 09:12 PM

Can't. So...yep.

BPHusker
06-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Hmm... maybe I will drive around looking for the game then...

Kingpin32
06-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Great write up, its gonna be hard holding out until the 13th, especially once the 9th rolls around and people start talking about it. On a side note, there's a lot of members here that have "huskers" in their name.:rolleyes:

Jayrah
07-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Great write up, its gonna be hard holding out until the 13th, especially once the 9th rolls around and people start talking about it. On a side note, there's a lot of members here that have "huskers" in their name.:rolleyes:

LOL, well, after next year it won't bother you so much I'd imagine. And thanks. I really am amazed at what was done as I continue to roll through the articles from the beginning. In the past there's been a clear cut winning feature, and a clear cut loser. But this year I don't think there's one of either. They're all at least relatively, if not extremely important, and there isn't one that stands behind on the list. At least on my list.

On a side note, I just went in and searched for some leagues in dynasty wire and found a couple. Wow, that is going to be a lot of fun. It was really the topper to the cake this season. Just another example of the full effect.

Jayrah
07-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Oh and I'm also glad I have a brand new home to write an article like this up haha. My old home is not very receptive of positive vibes, even when they are deserved, as this clearly is. So thank you CDJ, JB, "G" and the rest of you new TGTers for making this whole experience 1000xs better! It has been a joyous and relatively argument free ride with you guys. The maturity of the site is really fun to be around.

AustinWolv
07-01-2010, 07:41 AM

Just had to stick the thumb into the wound and twist it, didn't you?

steelerfan
07-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh and I'm also glad I have a brand new home to write an article like this up haha. My old home is not very receptive of positive vibes, even when they are deserved, as this clearly is. So thank you CDJ, JB, "G" and the rest of you new TGTers for making this whole experience 1000xs better! It has been a joyous and relatively argument free ride with you guys. The maturity of the site is really fun to be around.

Agreed.

Also, I mentioned to Chris a few weeks ago that I went back and looked over "The List" again and was amazed at everything that's been added for 11. It's easy to forget a few (the QB tragectory while being hit comes to mind) with all the announcements we've gotten. Good read and all too true, Jayrah.

steelerfan
07-01-2010, 08:10 AM

There is a special level of hell for people like you! ;)

Come to think of it, maybe I'm already there and that's why I have to listen to things like your teases.:o

morsdraconis
07-01-2010, 09:24 AM

Absolutely man! Between this and where I was already on TF, my NCAA experience has went from great to the best ever.

Being able to actually have a discussion about something without 30 people complaining about something when they haven't even played '10 for more than a few weeks (or at all) just blows me away. I don't know how to act not having to wade through all the BS.

psusnoop
07-01-2010, 09:44 AM
This site is top notch and I've stated as much. Something that I hope we can keep going and continue to improve on as well as a community.

I say ignore the haters and they will leave.

starter
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Damnit JB! That's is just not right. I want ot hold of getting it early, but damn! I'm getting the itch.

AustinWolv
07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
This site is top notch and I've stated as much. Something that I hope we can keep going and continue to improve on as well as a community.

I say ignore the haters and they will leave.

+1.

Especially for those of us that would rather play and learn about football and how the game does/doesn't do it well to make the game better now and in the future, instead of just bitching about it. There are some guys here that know their football, so looking forward to seeing that learning and sharing compared to 'other' sites.

Thurgoodz
07-01-2010, 10:59 AM

hmmm.... ncaastrategies?

"The List" is amazing, and EA has blown my expectations with all the new additions. I enjoy reading your input on the game because you know your information and are a true NCAA gamer.

Jayrah
07-01-2010, 11:56 AM
hmmm.... ncaastrategies?

Gasp: That name is like Voldomort around here. We just don't speak it. But yes. ;)

HawkFan
07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
+1.

Especially for those of us that would rather play and learn about football and how the game does/doesn't do it well to make the game better now and in the future, instead of just bitching about it. There are some guys here that know their football, so looking forward to seeing that learning and sharing compared to 'other' sites.

+1

Could not agree with this more. Since finding this site I have not gone to any other one for my NCAA knowledge.

psusnoop
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
To be honest there isn't another site out there for me either. I enjoy everything that these guys do. I'm hoping that with such a reputable site we can generate some interest from Russ, Ben and crew (Adam Thompson is around) to feel free at any point to chime in and share what they can and help with any questions that might arise.

I really appreciate the site and information that comes from this site. Big props!

Also I'm not sure why Paypal feels the need to hold me darn money so long. Just release it already so I can pay my dues to a great site.

PigSooie
07-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I'll agree wholeheartedly. I'm new to the party (just found this site this week) and it's so fun to read and hear what people think without a ton of witching and grousing and nitpicking.

Looking forward to becoming a long-time follower of this site. Color me very impressed guys!

Jayrah
07-02-2010, 03:21 AM
I'll agree wholeheartedly. I'm new to the party (just found this site this week) and it's so fun to read and hear what people think without a ton of witching and grousing and nitpicking.

Looking forward to becoming a long-time follower of this site. Color me very impressed guys!

Glad to see you made your way in Sooie! Welcome to the party. Make sure to check into the new member thread and introduce yourself. Always cool to see a new member :)

griffin2608
07-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I am just happy to be excited about NCAA football this year. I will say I have been very critical of the Tiburon team but they have done some great things this year. It finally seems like they are treating NCAA with the respect it deserves in compairison to madden. One small feature that I really dig is the stadiums, it really feels like you are there when playing the game. I dont mean the sound, but the overall feel is like you are down on the field and the crowd is right there on top of you. It kind of feels more surrounding. In the demo play in Ohio State's stadium and you feel engulfed by the crowd.

Adam Thompson - EA
07-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Wow, just went to the thread linked and that is some great stuff guys. Why do we even bother keeping around feature lists for when we have to do an interview? I'll just bookmark http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?17-NCAA-Football-11-Information-Central!

Since you guys are adding everything we did, I'd have to say you are missing the 2500 new TeamBuilder nicknames that Nessler will say!

And Jayrah, I love the post! I've been playing the game a ton of course, but I'm just as excited as you guys for you to get it! I hope it lives up to your expectations throughout the season.

Adam Thompson - EA
07-02-2010, 10:42 PM

I'd like to thank those guys too. Terrific community ambassadors! We had our NCAA 11 Postmortem this morning and Roy Harvey called out the Gaming Tailgate by name. Great job guys, love the site!

steelerfan
07-03-2010, 12:09 AM
I'd like to thank those guys too. Terrific community ambassadors! We had our NCAA 11 Postmortem this morning and Roy Harvey called out the Gaming Tailgate by name. Great job guys, love the site!

That is fantastic news! The guys running TGT deserve the recognition. They have put so much into this series for so long. Thanks for letting us in on that, Adam.

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Wow, just went to the thread linked and that is some great stuff guys. Why do we even bother keeping around feature lists for when we have to do an interview? I'll just bookmark http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?17-NCAA-Football-11-Information-Central!

Since you guys are adding everything we did, I'd have to say you are missing the 2500 new TeamBuilder nicknames that Nessler will say!

And Jayrah, I love the post! I've been playing the game a ton of course, but I'm just as excited as you guys for you to get it! I hope it lives up to your expectations throughout the season.

More than happy to praise your efforts this year Adam (your team). It's well deserved, regardless of what's missing in the final product. Good question for your feature lists haha. The guys get everything in that bookmark on time. It's really useful and gives great perspective to the overall work of the ea team. Not to mention quick for anyone who is behind the 8 ball.

I am just happy to be excited about NCAA football this year. I will say I have been very critical of the Tiburon team but they have done some great things this year. It finally seems like they are treating NCAA with the respect it deserves in compairison to madden. One small feature that I really dig is the stadiums, it really feels like you are there when playing the game. I dont mean the sound, but the overall feel is like you are down on the field and the crowd is right there on top of you. It kind of feels more surrounding. In the demo play in Ohio State's stadium and you feel engulfed by the crowd.

I echo this sentiment. Something I have been saying since last year when I figured it out was that ea had to find a way to redesign the stadium spacing in a more vertical and compressed alignment. Also the fans haven't changed much or at all, but they feel better because they are closer and don't seem like separate individuals. It now FEELS like a crowd. Along with the cutscenes, it makes all the difference for the atmosphere in game.

That is fantastic news! The guys running TGT deserve the recognition. They have put so much into this series for so long. Thanks for letting us in on that, Adam.

Yes, that is really cool!

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 01:10 PM

That is awesome bro! Glad to hear that!

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I have stampeded through red dead redemption. I brought the light to Alan Wake. I blew up chunks of flesh in Modern Warfare 2. I'm now getting started on Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Im running out of games to play to kill all the time until the ncaa 11 release.

oweb26
07-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I have stampeded through red dead redemption. I brought the light to Alan Wake. I blew up chunks of flesh in Modern Warfare 2. I'm now getting started on Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Im running out of games to play to kill all the time until the ncaa 11 release.

I'm already past that point, I have fully beaten Star Wars and it has been on shelf for almost two years and I never had gotten past the first mission, I am currently trying to get 100% on Mercs, and I am going through the last part of Mass Effect 2, I was trying to wait until there was a substantial amount of DLC out for the game. I have also purchased Need for Speed Undercover just as a fuck -off game and I bought it though Xbox so I can never trade it in.

lsutig187
07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm already past that point, I have fully beaten Star Wars and it has been on shelf for almost two years and I never had gotten past the first mission, I am currently trying to get 100% on Mercs, and I am going through the last part of Mass Effect 2, I was trying to wait until there was a substantial amount of DLC out for the game. I have also purchased Need for Speed Undercover just as a fuck -off game and I bought it though Xbox so I can never trade it in.

Try some RPG's. That will take up a massive amount of time until release. I suggest Dragon Age: Origins. Dragon Age is insanely fun and takes many hours to complete.

Solidice
07-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Try some RPG's. That will take up a massive amount of time until release. I suggest Dragon Age: Origins. Dragon Age is insanely fun and takes many hours to complete.

Dragon Age is a great game(BioWare is an awesome developer), but that might be too long of a game to finish before NCAA 11. :D

lsutig187
07-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Dragon Age is a great game(BioWare is an awesome developer), but that might be too long of a game to finish before NCAA 11. :D

You are probably right, but you could do at least one playthrough with a couple of all-nighter (maybe more) to finish it.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I was top notch ad DYING in Dragon age.

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I was top notch ad DYING in Dragon age.

That would be a nice fit for ncaa. Top notch and losing. Not consistently of course, but fairly challenged by cpu, to the point that you could lose games against good to great teams that play good games against you.

morsdraconis
07-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah, it takes ~50 hours to play through it completely and probably ~40 hours to play through it skipping a good bit of the side quests.

Of course, I'm a whore that played through all the different race openings (and promptly quit after "beating" the opening), all the different classes to a point (where I would get bored with them and quit to play a different class), and all that so it took me considerably longer to play through it than most.

morsdraconis
07-03-2010, 08:17 PM
That would be a nice fit for ncaa. Top notch and losing. Not consistently of course, but fairly challenged by cpu, to the point that you could lose games against good to great teams that play good games against you.

You want to truly be challenged in NCAA? Play with whatever team you want and do nothing but Ask Corso plays and try to stop the CPU/score on the CPU. It's freakin' HARD (and what I've been doing with my Saint Augustus dynasty on here because otherwise I'd blow teams out that are twice as good as me).

Jayrah
07-03-2010, 09:06 PM
You want to truly be challenged in NCAA? Play with whatever team you want and do nothing but Ask Corso plays and try to stop the CPU/score on the CPU. It's freakin' HARD (and what I've been doing with my Saint Augustus dynasty on here because otherwise I'd blow teams out that are twice as good as me).

Ha! No, no! I'm not good enough for that. I'm just sayin'. I personally like the balance of AA. But for those too good for that level, it would be nice if Heisman struck that balance without being cheap.