PDA

View Full Version : Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Oneback
06-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Discuss anything about the dynasty here.

psusnoop
06-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Looking forward to the dynasty this year. Going to be fun getting in right from the start against you guys.

Kingpin32
06-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm happy to be back in the dynasty once again. Hopefully I'll fare better this year.

JeffHCross
06-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Can't wait for this!!!!

Oneback
06-30-2010, 04:50 PM
I have a feeling this will be the best year yet. Now I just need to figure out what team I want to use. I know not to give Papa an "Alabama" this year.

Kingpin32
06-30-2010, 05:19 PM
My first pick is Oregon, but I also been looking at Arizona, so I may pick them if GridironGuru wants to pick Oregon.

JeffHCross
06-30-2010, 06:55 PM
I know not to give Papa an "Alabama" this year.Or at least not give him Alabama while Florida goes 1.5 seasons without user control ;)

Oneback
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
My first pick is Oregon, but I also been looking at Arizona, so I may pick them if GridironGuru wants to pick Oregon.

Oregon would be fun, however at this point I think I am leaning towards Michigan or Oregon State...I know Papa wanted Michigan.

Kingpin32
07-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Oregon would be fun, however at this point I think I am leaning towards Michigan or Oregon State...I know Papa wanted Michigan.

Yeah Oregon State looks real good, I was looking at them yesterday. I'm pretty sure the team I pick will come out the Pac-10. Oh and are we gonna put Nebraska in the Big 10, or just leave it the way it is?

gschwendt
07-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Michigan's playbook is fun. I'm using it in the OD that myself, JB & cdj are running through now.

psusnoop
07-01-2010, 12:41 PM
LOL, if I could run with PSU I'd jumped at the chance. But to be honest I can run with anyone.

Jeff, are you thinking of running with OSU? I would assume so and if that is the case then I really want PSU. I'll give you year 1, but after that look out because PSU is loaded for the next year!

psusnoop
07-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I just realized after I clicked submit just how much pressure I just put on myself if I get PSU.

Oneback
07-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Michigan's playbook is fun. I'm using it in the OD that myself, JB & cdj are running through now.

Speaking of that are you back for another year of Powerhouse.

Oneback
07-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I just realized after I clicked submit just how much pressure I just put on myself if I get PSU.

Oh, I had already penciled you in as PSU. I know Jeff is wanting OSU.

Oneback
07-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Another team that I am really interested in is Minnesota, however they are really young. I made the mistake of taking Tennessee last year who was in the same situation and it took me awhile to catch up to the pack. It really depends on what offense I decide to run.

Kingpin32
07-01-2010, 07:39 PM
You know what, go ahead and pencil me in with Oregon.

JeffHCross
07-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Jeff, are you thinking of running with OSU?Assuming I can get them done in the next week to 10 days, I'm running with my 1995 Buckeyes, replacing tOSU.

gschwendt
07-02-2010, 07:30 AM
Speaking of that are you back for another year of Powerhouse.
I haven't decided yet. Pencil me as a maybe for now... gonna see how hard it is to balance the Tiger league, SBCOL and then see if I have extra time for Powerhouse.

Oneback
07-02-2010, 07:46 AM
I haven't decided yet. Pencil me as a maybe for now... gonna see how hard it is to balance the Tiger league, SBCOL and then see if I have extra time for Powerhouse.

Sounds Good

Oneback
07-02-2010, 07:47 AM
After looking into it further I think I am going to go with Oregon State.

Kingpin32
07-03-2010, 12:09 AM
After looking into it further I think I am going to go with Oregon State.

Well it looks like the Civil War is gonna be intense now.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-03-2010, 11:21 PM
nice to see the dynasty taking off for 11... of course i will have to roll with my Ducks... although i really would like to take Auburn maybe... could be one of those... "let me see" deals... but anyways... i am around and will be ready, just really busy... new marketing job... new house purchase... but i will always make time for NCAA... =)

"E"

Oneback
07-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I think I have finally made up my mind. I am leaning heavily towards Iowa as they fit what I think I want to do on offense the best out of whats left.

Kingpin32
07-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah I changed my mind, I think I'm gonna run with Arizona, so E can get his Ducks.

fsuprime
07-05-2010, 05:00 AM
im here, hoping to run with fsu as long as no one has a problem with it! will be back in the states on the 12th and ready to help test sliders if anyone needs me, i wont have work or school all month.

Oneback
07-05-2010, 10:41 AM
im here, hoping to run with fsu as long as no one has a problem with it! will be back in the states on the 12th and ready to help test sliders if anyone needs me, i wont have work or school all month.

Sounds good, I've got the week of the 12 off from work so I will be looking for some games.

Oneback
07-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I know I have gone back and forth on this a few times now...but after spending some time last night working on the zone read I think I am comfortable with it and the fact this is the offense I really want to run I think I am switching teams for the final time...it will be a team that I will have to build.

With that said I am looking forward to running rough-shot over Big 10 defenses with this man:

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics21/400/PV/PVIEIQIQRXREALF.20091024181457.jpg

JeffHCross
07-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I can't believe no one's taken Stanford yet.

Oneback
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
I can't believe no one's taken Stanford yet.

Stanford worries a little, they were one of the first teams I looked at but I don't see a lot of staying power. I know the same can be said for Minnesota but they've got some nice pieces.

Kingpin32
07-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Stanford worries a little, they were one of the first teams I looked at but I don't see a lot of staying power. I know the same can be said for Minnesota but they've got some nice pieces.

Thats what I was thinking. Plus I think it'll be hard to get recruits up there. I think you would get one good season with Jake, but after that it may take a few years to get back on that level.

fsuprime
07-06-2010, 04:34 AM
I was gonna run with Stanford's O and UW's D last year with my create a team, they should be fun with andrew luck...I also think if you can get Stanford to 4*s after the first season then they would recruit quite well on the west coast.

Kingpin32
07-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I was gonna run with Stanford's O and UW's D last year with my create a team, they should be fun with andrew luck...I also think if you can get Stanford to 4*s after the first season then they would recruit quite well on the west coast.

Yeah but I think it would take a NC appearance or at least a BCS game to get up to 4*.

fsuprime
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
they were 3* last year, to get to 4* u just need like 8 or 9 wins i am pretty sure, maybe a bowl win.

Kingpin32
07-06-2010, 03:12 PM
they were 3* last year, to get to 4* u just need like 8 or 9 wins i am pretty sure, maybe a bowl win.

Oh, well then nevermind lol

psusnoop
07-07-2010, 07:13 AM
FSU, I think it is 8-9 plus a bowl win and that would put you at that 4th star.

I rolled with Washington in a different dynasty last year and I gotta admit they are really good. I enjoyed Locker at QB and their defense was actually impressive. I liked the big boys on the D-line.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Finally making considerable progress with my 1995 Ohio State Buckeyes. I've updated the thread where I discussed how I arrived at the ratings I did. The ratings start here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?77-Creating-Historical-Players-in-NCAA-11&p=10415&viewfull=1#post10415

fsuprime
07-11-2010, 04:12 AM
seems fine to me, im more curious as to how you will fill out the depth chart with having to take into account EAs new progression model which we dont know much about yet.

btw nice thread on progression at os http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/421143-official-2011-progression-thread.html
one of the few times i go to that site is during this time and sometimes u can find a gem like this

progression looks very nice, if a little to much to the downside which is fine with me.

fsuprime
07-11-2010, 09:39 AM
also i suppose we will have time to look them over, but we will at least have time to look over 2 sets of ps3 named rosters by the time august 1st rolls round, which will be a nice luxury.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 08:52 PM
seems fine to me, im more curious as to how you will fill out the depth chart with having to take into account EAs new progression model which we dont know much about yet.The vast majority of the players are using existing players' OVR ratings, so they should progress similarly, if in fact any differently, to any of the teams that come with the game. That's the reason for using the "Expected Performance" metric for OVR. For many of the younger players, which I presume are the ones you're mainly wondering about, I either used a future point (like a Preseason All-American the next year) and subtracted the current average progression (-4 OVR for each year in NCAA 10), or I used their Phil Steele # recruiting ranking, which I amazingly had available for 90% of the players I was creating.

Suffice to say, I'm confident that they won't progress any better or worse than an out-of-the-box team.

Based on a quick view of that thread you linked, it doesn't sound like progression is significantly different than it was post-patch last year. The big problem for progression last year was the recruits. The base-roster players progressed about as you'd expect.

fsuprime
07-11-2010, 09:28 PM
ah nice, i guess i did not read over your thread carefully enough, i was mainly interested in the example players you listed to see a possible future opponents players lol, like snoop said once im home i will definitely like to take a closer look and maybe create a 90s fsu team.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Haha ... yeah, you have to take the example players with a grain of salt. For one, those are the most obvious players to list, since they tended to get hype. For two, Bobby and Eddie were both seniors. So they were created on the basis of making them as "fair" as possible, rather than progression.

Just to give you an idea ... I have a redshirt Freshman who came out of HS at #1, didn't do anything in 1995, but became a star for the Bucks by 96/97. He's at 80 OVR ... so even with progression at its maximum, he probably won't touch 90 before his senior year.

I have a freshman guard who redshirted in 1995 and became a starter in 1996. Ended up being one of the better Buckeye linemen of the 90s, but I'm going to make him earn that role. He starts at 80 OVR as well, but he's actually going to start as a center ... so I expect his freshman progression to basically be nil.

Terry Glenn wasn't a senior, but I expect if I give him the receptions and reps he deserves he'll leave after the first year in the Dynasty. I may not keep him anyway since he left in real life. Other than him, Orlando Pace (obviously a stud) and the starting center (All-American as a Junior), I have no non-seniors on my offense above 85. I think that's about right, and should put a heavy weight on recruiting as early as Year 1.

Which, realistically, is about accurate. If you look at Ohio State's 1997 Rose Bowl team (1996 season), the #1 WR was a true Freshman (David Boston), the starting MLB was a true Freshman (Big Kat), and the #2 RB was a True Freshman.

It's going to be a fun, fun dynasty.

fsuprime
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
ah nice, yea when i create my fsu historic team for fun it will be hard not to over rate the freshman/so's i look forward to having your whole team to use as a model.

i also just posted a suggestion on luv2tha9s forum at tradition football to change fsu frosh cb lamarcus joyners speed, so hopefully he agrees with me and we use his rosters ;)

catching ratings for freshman wr's on default rosters seem out of whack to, im interested to see how progression treats that stat since the top rated WRs have some terrible catch ratings.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 10:59 PM
The weirdest thing about freshmen, across the board, is that a lot of true freshmen are coming in with 40 AWR. I have no idea how that's going to affect progression, but I can't imagine it'll work out well in the long run.

Note, that's true freshmen on the built in rosters. No idea what recruits are going to be like.

Papa LoneStar
07-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks, Jeff....I once was blind, but now I see.

Oneback....here's my preferred list....I don't want to stand in the way of a newcomer's favorite team....

1. Michigan
2. Iowa
3. Stanford

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Alright guys... I'm having too much fun with this game to not be in two great ODs. I think I'm going to drop out of Tiger (even though it's just getting started) and commit to Powerhouse if you guys will still have me.

With that said... [whiny kids voice]BUT I WANTED MICHIGAN[/whiny kids voice].

Just kidding... I can certainly find someone else to run a shotgun option game that I'm addicted to.

Papa LoneStar
07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
G....you can run with Michigan....I was gonna turn them into an under-center offensive team anyways....I'll run with Iowa.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
G....you can run with Michigan....I was gonna turn them into an under-center offensive team anyways....I'll run with Iowa.
Whatever works... I'm good with or without them. As evidenced by Georgia last year, I can turn a team into whatever I want to make them. Plus, would that put too many in the Big 10? I haven't kept a running count but definitely seems like a lot already.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 12:18 PM
If you're wanting to run an under-center, run-heavy offense, I highly suggest you look at Wisconsin. Great pair of HBs, one a big bruiser and the other a speedster.

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Whatever works... I'm good with or without them. As evidenced by Georgia last year, I can turn a team into whatever I want to make them. Plus, would that put too many in the Big 10? I haven't kept a running count but definitely seems like a lot already.

Well I'm debating a few Pac-10 teams and Michigan State. I wanna see how their offenses are on the game before I overly commit to somebody.

gschwendt
07-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Are we intentionally leaving USC alone? If not, then I'd like to take them. If we are leaving them alone, then here are my top 3:

1. Michigan
2. Oregon
3. Oregon State

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
My Top 3:

1. Cal
2. Arizona
3. Michigan St.

fsuprime
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
btw im not sure how many members we are at, but skipwondah33 is a good OD player who i have been in dynasties with in each of the last 2 seasons, he is a straight player and takes the game seriously like we do but is not a dick either...anyways if there is room can we let him in? im gonna link him to the forum so he can post and say hello

*edit* also yes i welcome back g with open arms, though i never considered him gone :)

skipwondah33
07-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks FSU.

Yeah I'm definitely interested in joining if a spot is open. I'm free to play Oneback and messaged G when I get the game Thurs.

I've only played in leagues/dynasties that are sim and rule based, so adhering to rules won't be a problem.

PSN: skipwondah33

Kingpin32
07-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks FSU.

Yeah I'm definitely interested in joining if a spot is open. I'm free to play Oneback and messaged G when I get the game Thurs.

I've only played in leagues/dynasties that are sim and rule based, so adhering to rules won't be a problem.

PSN: skipwondah33

I've played with skip before too and he's a good player.

Papa LoneStar
07-13-2010, 07:09 AM
If you're wanting to run an under-center, run-heavy offense, I highly suggest you look at Wisconsin. Great pair of HBs, one a big bruiser and the other a speedster.

Yea....I checked them out. I just like Michigan's uniforms, stadium, and gettin' to try to turn around the series at the end of the season. Plus I have a cousin (his Grandma is my Aunt) who is about to be a sophomore there this fall....but Iowa is nice, too....plus they have a better starting roster....so I'm good with either one....we can flip a coin....lol

gschwendt
07-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Yea....I checked them out. I just like Michigan's uniforms, stadium, and gettin' to try to turn around the series at the end of the season. Plus I have a cousin (his Grandma is my Aunt) who is about to be a sophomore there this fall....but Iowa is nice, too....plus they have a better starting roster....so I'm good with either one....we can flip a coin....lol
Well, I've pretty much decided to just go to the Pac 10. There's already enough people in the Big 10:

Big 10
1. JeffHCross - Ohio State 1995
2. psusnoop - Penn State
3. Hookem - Minnesota
4. Papa Lonestar - Michigan
Pac 10
1. xGRIDIRONxGURUx - Oregon
2. Kingpin32 - Cal
3. gschwendt - USC/Oregon State

And then fsuprime with Florida State. Obviously we'll be adding more members but I think there is already enough competition in the Big 10 so I'll run with my tail tucked between my legs and head out west.

fsuprime
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
hmm, maybe we can do 4/4/4 with the 3rd 4 being with fsu in the SEC or ACC? just an idea, it would be good to have a 2nd team in florida to balance out the recruiting here a bit more or at leaast a team in the SE like uga or auburn.

also, loading game now!! its been a long road from the UK yesterday morning to orlando, and just finished the 4 hour drive back home to tallahassee, game on :)

skipwondah33
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
I've played with skip before too and he's a good player.

I thought I recognized your name man. I'll shoot you a friend request later on.

fsuprime
07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
so i have obviously already peaked at this game :/ beat oneback and g today lol, its all downhill from here :(

g what is your opinion on recruiting difficulty? I just did one season and had a cake walk to the #1 class with fsu, obviously this is with 0 competition from other users, have you messed with the harder difficulties? (im on default varsity)

also just did players leaving, had 6 wanting to go pro, but they were all 90 or below, and they all stayed with max points. Since the games progression system will limit elite players after the roster is flushed with only recruited players (see progression link i posted on last page) we might not have to worry about the problem (or non problem to some) of having 95 ovr staying so that is nice.

*edit*
also observation:
one thing that i have noticed in off-season recruiting is that the cpu goes after the new players hard. One of the 4*s i added to my board has 11 scholarship offers.

gschwendt
07-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Without actual testing, for a single player OD, I think you probably want to use All-American recruiting. However, for multiplayer OD, I think Varsity will still provide a decent challenge. BUT with the elite teams that we all plan to use, we might want to consider AA simply for the challenge.

Oneback
07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
My goodness, been busy playing the game and this thread has exploded. I am adding Skip and Iron to the list of members.

And for a team I am seriously looking at Stanford right now.

Iron Dragon
07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey guys. Looking forward to playing with all of you.

My preferred 3 teams would be:
1. Oregon State
2. Wisconsin
3. Washington/Stanford

Unless you guys are doing a 4/4/4.

Oneback
07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Are we intentionally leaving USC alone? If not, then I'd like to take them. If we are leaving them alone, then here are my top 3:

1. Michigan
2. Oregon
3. Oregon State

USC is fair game, I just don't want to play with them.

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 11:31 PM
After playing with Purdue, they have a good RB. But I really want to implement the Pistol with a team, yet all the teams I've been looking at don't have the prototypical Pistol QB. I may just keep Arizona, and just recruit for the Pistol next season.

Iron Dragon
07-13-2010, 11:40 PM
After playing with Purdue, they have a good RB. But I really want to implement the Pistol with a team, yet all the teams I've been looking at don't have the prototypical Pistol QB. I may just keep Arizona, and just recruit for the Pistol next season.

Robert Marve is probably going to get added in any roster set (left out by EA). Probably would have 80 SPD or so.

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Robert Marve is probably going to get added in any roster set (left out by EA). Probably would have 80 SPD or so.

He used to play for Miami didn't he? I didn't know he transferred to Purdue. That could change a lot now lol.

Iron Dragon
07-13-2010, 11:54 PM
He used to play for Miami didn't he? I didn't know he transferred to Purdue. That could change a lot now lol.

Yeah he's their starting QB.

texacotea
07-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Any ryhme or reason to how we are picking teams. I stated I wanted wiscansin or minn. in the other thread. But it the big 10 is over crowded I would like cal.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 09:20 AM
My goodness, been busy playing the game and this thread has exploded. I am adding Skip and Iron to the list of members.

Yeeeeaaah!

Thanks G for the game and the good word, as well as FSU and Kingpin

G you need to make up your mind :D.

My choices are
1. USC
2. Arizona State

Oneback
07-14-2010, 09:50 AM
What do you guys think about using Notre Dame? They play 5 teams from either the Big 10 or Pac 10: Purdue, Michigan State, Michigan, Stanford and USC. I like what I see from the Irish.

Also, depending on how the OD works and if I can invite teams with out kicking someone out I may allow Nebraska and Colorado as well.

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 10:14 AM
G you need to make up your mind :D.
My mind is made up... I'll be going with USC. I don't think they're terribly overpowered... Oneback & I had an epic 3 overtime game, me as USC, him as Iowa.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
My mind is made up... I'll be going with USC. I don't think they're terribly overpowered... Oneback & I had an epic 3 overtime game, me as USC, him as Iowa.

Ahh damnit, thought they would be open lol

Guess I'll have to take my services to one of the best partying schools in America and home to an abundance of beautiful women Arizone State SunDevils.

Looking over their roster, they is a boatload of work to be done

edit: you will be recording games right? I have my HAVA that I will be recording them with, if no one objects

texacotea
07-14-2010, 10:54 AM
What do you guys think about using Notre Dame? They play 5 teams from either the Big 10 or Pac 10: Purdue, Michigan State, Michigan, Stanford and USC. I like what I see from the Irish.

Also, depending on how the OD works and if I can invite teams with out kicking someone out I may allow Nebraska and Colorado as well.

IMO ND is a big ten team that likes the luxury and money of where they are at. Are they going to be in the conf? or an indy?

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 10:55 AM
the only team that looks way to overpowered atm is bama, they have a rs frosh who is 86 ovr wtf is that...also a speed 91 299 pound DE lol plus all the other ridiculous ratings up and down the depth chart.

psusnoop
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't mind Notre Dame. There are enough user games to make it fun.

This is going to be one heck of a dynasty, looking forward to the start. If anyone wants a game just send me a message and we can play. I battled Oneback yesterday I think (can't remember with the new game and daughter being sick) and it was a good game. I think that was the first time I've ever played Oneback.

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Ahh damnit, thought they would be open lol
And I'm waffling again. I don't think I've seen anyone mention them as their primary team but I think I want to go to Wisconsin. I think USC would just be too easy for me and I'd too easily get bored. Wisconsin is fairly loaded, but I don't think I'll have as easy of a time in recruiting.

If there is room in the Big 10, then I'd like Wisconsin. If there is not room, then I'll go with USC.

psusnoop
07-14-2010, 10:57 AM
the only team that looks way to overpowered atm is bama, they have a rs frosh who is 86 ovr wtf is that...also a speed 91 299 pound DE lol plus all the other ridiculous ratings up and down the depth chart.

I hope that the ratings for Bama get adjusted by some of these roster guys. If not oh well, but bama in particular is sick.

psusnoop
07-14-2010, 10:58 AM
And I'm waffling again. I don't think I've seen anyone mention them as their primary team but I think I want to go to Wisconsin. I think USC would just be too easy for me and I'd too easily get bored. Wisconsin is fairly loaded, but I don't think I'll have as easy of a time in recruiting.

If there is room in the Big 10, then I'd like Wisconsin. If there is not room, then I'll go with USC.

The Big 10 is where it's at right now G. I'd welcome those cheese heads into the Beav anytime.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 11:01 AM
I hope that the ratings for Bama get adjusted by some of these roster guys. If not oh well, but bama in particular is sick.

Seriously, I mean I know Ingram is strong but he's like the 2nd or 3rd strongest player in the game

psusnoop
07-14-2010, 11:05 AM
I just laugh every time I look over their roster. The defense just kills me, how many games have these guys started? Yet EA put each and everyone of them on a pedestal because of their National Championship.

texacotea
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Any ryhme or reason to how we are picking teams. I stated I wanted wiscansin or minn. in the other thread. But it the big 10 is over crowded I would like cal.

G, maybe you missed this :)

But if I can get Cal I will go with them.

Oneback
07-14-2010, 11:14 AM
ignore

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 11:15 AM
I thought E said he was running with them. But I could be moving to Purdue, but if the Big 10 is to crowded I'll stick with Arizona.

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Big 10
1. JeffHCross - Ohio State 1995
2. psusnoop - Penn State
3. Hookem - Minnesota
4. Papa Lonestar - Michigan
5. fsuprime - FSU

Pac 10
2. Kingpin32 - arizona
3. gschwendt - USC/WIscy
4. skip - - ASU/USC
5. Iron Dragon -- Oregon St

most recent list on page 3, not sure how up to date it is with all of you flip floppers

Iron Dragon
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM
I'll claim Oregon State since no one else wants them now. Hopefully whatever roster we use fixes their 5th-best rated WR by EA who is actually a starter..

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
im surprised no one wants to take nebraska to the big 10, btw oneback i messed wit hchanging conferences last night...you can only replace teams in conferences you can not add teams.

Oneback
07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Here is what I have it as right now:

Big 10

1. JeffHCross - Ohio State
2. psusnoop - Penn State
3. Papa Lonestar - Michigan
4. fsuprime - FSU

Pac 10

2. Kingpin32 - arizona
3. texacotea - Cal
4. Iron Dragon - Oregon State
5. Oneback - Stanford

Waiting on a team:
gschwent - USC/Wisc
skipwondah33 - ASU/USC

Oneback
07-14-2010, 11:30 AM
If everyone is on board with Nebraska to the Big 12...they may be the only team that will get me to switch off of Stanford.

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 11:33 AM
do you mean big 10 or pac 10 ;)

also syracuse pb is alot of fun just tried it out, its the only one i like as much as FSUs right now, and it has a wild cat.

checking out stanfords now, with FSUs personnel i can go pro or multiple tough choices ahead.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 11:33 AM
If everyone is on board with Nebraska to the Big 12...they may be the only team that will get me to switch off of Stanford.

Who would you drop from the Big Ten?

Oneback
07-14-2010, 11:36 AM
do you mean big 10 or pac 10 ;)

also syracuse pb is alot of fun just tried it out, its the only one i like as much as FSUs right now, and it has a wild cat.

checking out stanfords now, with FSUs personnel i can go pro or multiple tough choices ahead.

Big 10, used to them in the Big 12.

Who would you drop from the Big Ten?

First thought would be Indiana for FSU and Northwestern for Nebraska.

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 11:37 AM
nvm

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 11:38 AM
First thought would be Indiana for FSU and Northwestern for Nebraska.

Makes sense to me

Now I'm just waiting on G

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Makes sense to me

Now I'm just waiting on G
Well, I want Wisconsin, but I'm scared of the Big 10 top to bottom, especially if Oneback joins. At least in the Pac 10 I know I have one easy win in Cal.

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 12:01 PM
how many cross conference games are we planning to do (like big 10 vs pac 10)? im only curious since my (and nebraskas) rivalry games will be out of whack...i defintely do not need more than 1 rivalry game (probably FL or Miami) since everyone else's rivalrys will be more or less against a USER anyways.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Well, I want Wisconsin, but I'm scared of the Big 10 top to bottom, especially if Oneback joins. At least in the Pac 10 I know I have one easy win in Cal.

Wisky is looking good on both sides of the ball but traveling to the Big House, the Shoe' and Penn State would be tough.

I'll have to look over ASU when I get home this afternoon before I make them my final choice, maybe get a game in with them.

Oneback
07-14-2010, 12:28 PM
how many cross conference games are we planning to do (like big 10 vs pac 10)? im only curious since my (and nebraskas) rivalry games will be out of whack...i defintely do not need more than 1 rivalry game (probably FL or Miami) since everyone else's rivalrys will be more or less against a USER anyways.

I was going to play the schedules given by the game. No need to play games against the other conference as you've got 5 other users in your conference.

I've always been a little worried about the addition of FSU but we said in the begining that you could have them. Just because of rivalry games and the like. If you want a Big 10 or Pac 10 team I think the plan was to play a ACC/Big 12 OD in the future, granted that will be 360+ days from now.

Papa LoneStar
07-14-2010, 12:28 PM

Get 'em!

Iron Dragon
07-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Our non-conference schedule is gonna be tough..

at #8 TCU
Louisville
at #4 Boise State

I could be ending the year with 3 user-user games, too. :nod:

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
I was going to play the schedules given by the game. No need to play games against the other conference as you've got 5 other users in your conference.

I've always been a little worried about the addition of FSU but we said in the begining that you could have them. Just because of rivalry games and the like. If you want a Big 10 or Pac 10 team I think the plan was to play a ACC/Big 12 OD in the future, granted that will be 360+ days from now.

so far the schedules given by the game when i have changed teams in conferences have been rated B-, so u might want to think about this with nebraska as well since your rivalries wont cross over automatically.

yea im not worried at all about playing all of my rivalries, but figured i would like at least 1 for the promise of beating a rival and for coaching contract (which may or may not affect coaching prestige/coaching ability recruiting pitches in the future)

so basically if we will not be adding any pac10 teams forcefully (i assume every does not mind if 2 teams want to schedule each other in their madness :p) im not worried about FSUs OOC schedule as i can add maybe one of UF/MIami and UVA every year.

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 12:53 PM
of course the more i think about it, maybe we should not get to play our rivalry games since everyone else's teams will have to play user rivalry games? seems gray to me, ill leave it to the group.

texacotea
07-14-2010, 01:09 PM

Get 'em!

Wait, wait, wait..........:D

psusnoop
07-14-2010, 01:16 PM

:D

I wouldn't mind playing a couple of you guys at some point. I've played everyone but King,tex, and skip I believe. If you guys want a game tonight, look me up I'll battle.

texacotea
07-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I will def be on later tonight around 10pm est for a couple. need to play with Cal since G pulled that card on me :)

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 02:56 PM
:D

I wouldn't mind playing a couple of you guys at some point. I've played everyone but King,tex, and skip I believe. If you guys want a game tonight, look me up I'll battle.

I can play in about 20 min if you're free.

Oneback
07-14-2010, 03:26 PM
I have found my team and my playbook.

I am brining my talents to the Iowa Hawkeyes. Hello Big 10.

Which means the Big 10 is full unless we move FSU to the Pac 10.

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I have found my team and my playbook.

I am brining my talents to the Iowa Hawkeyes. Hello Big 10.

Which means the Big 10 is full unless we move FSU to the Pac 10.

Do you want a ESPN TV special??

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Do you want a ESPN TV special??

Haha

So who all is in the Big 10 again? lol

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 03:50 PM
im ok with either conference if someone wants to be in the big 10.

Oneback
07-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Haha

So who all is in the Big 10 again? lol

Big 10

2. psusnoop - Penn State
4. fsuprime - FSU
5. Oneback - Iowa

Pac 10

2. Kingpin32 - arizona
3. texacotea - Cal
5. gschwent - USC

Waiting on a team:
skipwondah33 - ASU/USC

Oneback
07-14-2010, 04:38 PM
I am adding Escobar to the OD.

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Put me at USC in order to balance out the OD... would hate for all the newbies to be out in the same conference by themselves.

Iron Dragon
07-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Put me at USC in order to balance out the OD... would hate for all the newbies to be out in the same conference by themselves.

Can't wait to see you in Reser Stadium.

Escobar
07-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Glad to join the Dynasty. I am going to roll with UCLA.

Oneback
07-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Glad to join the Dynasty. I am going to roll with UCLA.

Who would you like as a Big 10 team just incase Skip chooses ASU?

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
so rosters are out, do we have to wait until august 1st ;)

Oneback
07-14-2010, 07:22 PM
I know Papa and I think Jeff still do not have the game.

fsuprime
07-14-2010, 07:33 PM
oh well i did not mean to start today lol, i want luv2tha9's rosters anyways since he will be making some rating fixes (like FSUs 5* CB who was given 84 speed by EA)

Escobar
07-14-2010, 09:16 PM
O, I thought the Big Ten was full. I want Minnesota. You can take me off UCLA.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
oh well i did not mean to start today lol, i want luv2tha9's rosters anyways since he will be making some rating fixes (like FSUs 5* CB who was given 84 speed by EA)

What is he basing these rating changes on? What he knows personally? I mean unless he has an inside man on every team or breathes college football the ratings could be biased haha

After a few solid runs against OB and CLW with them

I will be taking my services to Arizona and coaching the Arizona State Sun Devils, otherwise known as one of the best partying schools in the nation and home to the most beautiful women.

Can't wait fellas, it will be fun in the sun

Edit: nvm

Oneback
07-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Here it is:

Big 10

2. psusnoop - Penn State
4. fsuprime - FSU
5. Oneback - Iowa
6. Escobar - Minnesota

Pac 10

2. Kingpin32 - arizona
3. texacotea - Cal
5. gschwent - USC
6. skipwondah33 - ASU

Oneback
07-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Honestly I am good with the rosters that just came out. They may be missing some people but the only bias it has is EA bias which I can live with.

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I think I found the playbook that I wanna use with Arizona, but I wanna lab it a bit more with it tomorrow.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Guess I'll run the Air Raid. Had some decent success with it when I couple it with a run game. Just need to add some prices to it. Defense will be the key for us though.

JeffHCross
07-15-2010, 12:32 AM
What is he basing these rating changes on? What he knows personally? I mean unless he has an inside man on every team or breathes college football the ratings could be biased hahaI don't know what he bases his rating changes on, but last year I found his rosters to be excellent. I would personally recommend everyone check them out. He's particularly good at adding players that EA misses (like Jimmy Graham, the Miami TE that came from bball and ended up a 3rd round pick).

JeffHCross
07-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I know Papa and I think Jeff still do not have the game.UPS delivered it on Release Day. However, with my vacation coming up this weekend (leaving tonight), I haven't even had a chance to open it. I'll be back Sunday night and dive into finishing my team on Monday. I hope, hope, hope to be done with my defense by the weekend so you guys can test them out and then we can roll.

fsuprime
07-15-2010, 02:21 AM
What is he basing these rating changes on? What he knows personally? I mean unless he has an inside man on every team or breathes college football the ratings could be biased haha

After a few solid runs against OB and CLW with them

I will be taking my services to Arizona and coaching the Arizona State Sun Devils, otherwise known as one of the best partying schools in the nation and home to the most beautiful women.

Can't wait fellas, it will be fun in the sun

Edit: nvm

he was taking suggestions based on how much info you gave him...like i showed him joyner being a consensus 5* recruit across all 3 services with a 4.37 at a Scout camp as well as an article showing he was the fastest player on the field when Byrnes vs St thomas aquinas was on espn last year (hs #1 vs hs#2 with 17 players who will go on to div1 a teams as juniors and seniors in h.s.) as well as various other articles recognizing his speed, also he is 5'8 178 pounds and his best attribute is his speed lol...anyways he did not make many adjustments and im not even sure he took my into consideration, i just figure there is no way not to, he will adjust ratings for Many Players once the season is well underway though.

fsuprime
07-15-2010, 02:23 AM
Honestly I am good with the rosters that just came out. They may be missing some people but the only bias it has is EA bias which I can live with.

i dont mind using these ones either (gaming tailgate) as long as no one has bama ;), just luvwtha9s were pretty much the best all throughout last year and since we are waiting i figured we would use his.

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 07:51 AM
he was taking suggestions based on how much info you gave him...like i showed him joyner being a consensus 5* recruit across all 3 services with a 4.37 at a Scout camp as well as an article showing he was the fastest player on the field when Byrnes vs St thomas aquinas was on espn last year (hs #1 vs hs#2 with 17 players who will go on to div1 a teams as juniors and seniors in h.s.) as well as various other articles recognizing his speed, also he is 5'8 178 pounds and his best attribute is his speed lol...anyways he did not make many adjustments and im not even sure he took my into consideration, i just figure there is no way not to, he will adjust ratings for Many Players once the season is well underway though.

Thats weird because if he's name is Lamarcus Joyner then rivals.com has him listed at a 4.53. Then I see at scouts.com he ran a 4.4, then on ESPN Insider I see he was clocked at a 4.47, According to this and EA's rating I'd say their pretty close to his actually speed or maybe he's slower speed wise then he is acceleration wise. But hey thats your team so you probably know.

I probably was in a dynasty last year that used his ratings I'd just prefer that if we were to use a roster set, it would only be one that removed players and not adjusted ratings of players. Its not my call though

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 08:16 AM
After playing with a few teams the current rosters from gamingtailgate look pretty good. I don't mind using them just thought I'd throw that out there.

fsuprime
07-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Thats weird because if he's name is Lamarcus Joyner then rivals.com has him listed at a 4.53. Then I see at scouts.com he ran a 4.4, then on ESPN Insider I see he was clocked at a 4.47, According to this and EA's rating I'd say their pretty close to his actually speed or maybe he's slower speed wise then he is acceleration wise. But hey thats your team so you probably know.

I probably was in a dynasty last year that used his ratings I'd just prefer that if we were to use a roster set, it would only be one that removed players and not adjusted ratings of players. Its not my call though

go to scout and scroll down, it has an actual camp time, the other sites times are just numbers typed in at random.I also linked those 40 times to him. Even rivals calls his speed 'Blue Chip' later on so you have a 4.53 at rivals.com and a 4.34 at scout and a 4.47 at espn which avg. to a 4.4.
Also 40times in real life do not match EA's 40 time chart we use to recruit with as jeffhcross's research has showed us ;)

when you scroll down at scout.com,

Scout.com Combine Results (full list):
Year: 2008
Height: 5-8.5
Weight: 162
40-Yard Dash: 4.34
Short Shuttle: 4.53
Vertical Jump: 36.5"
3-Cone: 7.30
Broad Jump: 10-5

either way when you look at other CBs from the class and see their speed/size ratio something is def. wrong with it imo, i think it has to do with EA going further and further away from accurate rosters do to the lawsuits, and letting the community fix them over time *after release* but its not worth talking about anymore in this thread :)

fsuprime
07-15-2010, 09:37 AM
After playing with a few teams the current rosters from gamingtailgate look pretty good. I don't mind using them just thought I'd throw that out there.

yea, ive only seen a few spelling errors on FSUs roster, i dont mind it.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-15-2010, 09:40 AM
you all are gonna crap when i say this... but i still havent even bought the game... lol

we had some plumbing in our business we own that is an hour away mess up... nothing we had to ditch out of pocket, but clean up, and being there so someone can work, its just made the past few days SUCK... but... today is my bday, and all is well for my wife at the salon, so her and the girls are back in full swing, and i fully expect to own the game before i lay my head down tonight...

anyways... cant wait to play it.. =\

"E"

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm going to roll a game with Jeff's created team tonight against PSU. He only has the offense done, but I promised I'd do that a few days ago and have not yet. I will post some stats tonight after the game.

fsuprime
07-15-2010, 09:54 AM
thats cool gridiron, glad the crisis is over!

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:20 AM
That crisis is only beginning now Gridiron, my wife gave me the so our TV time is going to be nonexistent now huh? I said, more then likely sorry babe :)

Oneback
07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
After sleeping on it last night and messing with playbooks this morning. I am going to take everyone up on the thought of bringing Nebraska to the Big 10 a year early.

That opens up Iowa if anyone would rather switch to them.

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
go to scout and scroll down, it has an actual camp time, the other sites times are just numbers typed in at random.I also linked those 40 times to him. Even rivals calls his speed 'Blue Chip' later on so you have a 4.53 at rivals.com and a 4.34 at scout and a 4.47 at espn which avg. to a 4.4.
Also 40times in real life do not match EA's 40 time chart we use to recruit with as jeffhcross's research has showed us ;)

Yeah I seen it. I believe you my man lol just saying that info is out there like that so it would be hard to adjust ratings rightfully for each player and every team unless you had some detailed guys into college football "hey that #22 who plays for Alabama should have like a 99 strength and overal ratings haha. That change for your guy would be huge though and rightfully so.

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 10:36 AM
After sleeping on it last night and messing with playbooks this morning. I am going to take everyone up on the thought of bringing Nebraska to the Big 10 a year early.

Haha your flip flopping all over the place man :D

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM

I'm glad you are bringing the Huskers into the Big 10. Great idea.

Oneback
07-15-2010, 10:39 AM
I know, I felt uneasy about it due to the rivarly game issue. Like FSU said though we should be able to fit those games in so it made me feel better.

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Man the Big 10 will be tough week in and week out.

Then us bottom feeders (ASU anyway) have to compete with super power USC and G :D. Thats ok because we're handing out cars and 2 women per player for recruiting visits.

Oneback
07-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Man the Big 10 will be tough week in and week out.

Then us bottom feeders (ASU anyway) have to compete with super power USC and G :D. Thats ok because we're handing out cars and 2 women per player for recruiting visits.

The Big 10 will be like last years OD in the SEC.

Papa LoneStar
07-15-2010, 01:21 PM
I hope so ;-)

fsuprime
07-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah I seen it. I believe you my man lol just saying that info is out there like that so it would be hard to adjust ratings rightfully for each player and every team unless you had some detailed guys into college football "hey that #22 who plays for Alabama should have like a 99 strength and overal ratings haha. That change for your guy would be huge though and rightfully so.

yea iw as more just trying to explain it using joyner as an example of how he will do it, his best rosters come out after like 7 games into the season and he adjusts according to how they actually play.

Oneback
07-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Papa, I've got a little something for your Alab....er Michigan team. That will not be like the '10 OD. :)

Iron Dragon
07-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I think we should use my rosters that I'm editing off of steelerfan's, just because I did them. :P

It doesn't matter though. ;)

fsuprime
07-15-2010, 03:04 PM
ill vote for urs if u fix joyner iron ;)

Papa LoneStar
07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
I'll vote for yours, too, if you add Charles Woodson and the NFL version of Tom Brady on Michigan's roster.

Iron Dragon
07-15-2010, 03:55 PM
ill vote for urs if u fix joyner iron ;)

Joyner's speed was raised to 87, since by the time he progresses to a junior he'd be around 90 SPD and 99 ACC.

gschwendt
07-15-2010, 03:56 PM
I need some HBs added to the USC roster... oh wait, nevermind, we're good there :D

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I need some HBs added to the USC roster... oh wait, nevermind, we're good there :D

haha, yeah thats why I wanted them too

fsuprime
07-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Joyner's speed was raised to 87, since by the time he progresses to a junior he'd be around 90 SPD and 99 ACC.

nice, sounds very fair, i say def. we go with irons :)

Iron Dragon
07-15-2010, 06:43 PM
nice, sounds very fair, i say def. we go with irons :)

Upon further review, he's now at 88 SPD.

JeffHCross
07-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Papa, I've got a little something for your Alab....er Michigan team. That will not be like the '10 OD. :)Yearly games between me and Papa should be more than enough to take care of him from year to year. Even if I don't win, more often than not I kill his nerves. We always have ridiculously close games.

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Yearly games between me and Papa should be more than enough to take care of him from year to year. Even if I don't win, more often than not I kill his nerves. We always have ridiculously close games.

Well I'm just glad I don't have to deal with him this year.

Oneback
07-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Well I'm just glad I don't have to deal with him this year.

Come on, it's Papa...it's not like he's playing with Alabama this year dig (:

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Come on, it's Papa...it's not like he's playing with Alabama this year dig (:

Lol, that it is true.

Papa LoneStar
07-15-2010, 11:37 PM
lol....I wish I had those corners that they have on this year's version....goodness!

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 11:43 PM
You just wish you stilled had Alabama ;). You know you should be banned from ever using Alabama anywhere. :D

Papa LoneStar
07-15-2010, 11:48 PM
lol....nah....it was fun playin' with them until they beat my Longhorns....after that....I felt dirty....which is why I was down to switch to Arkansas....lol

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 11:55 PM
lol....nah....it was fun playin' with them until they beat my Longhorns....after that....I felt dirty....which is why I was down to switch to Arkansas....lol

Lol that must've been after I left. I think this OD will be just as fun if not more. I really like the Pac-10, even though I'm in Big XII country lol.

psusnoop
07-16-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm really looking forward to getting this one going. Jeff when do you get back?

fsuprime
07-16-2010, 08:26 AM
i think jeff gets back sunday :), how did it go playing against his buckeyes snoop?

fsuprime
07-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Hey oneback, is there a way for me to save a 'profile' of my firefox browser that saves all of my Favorites and Favorites quickbars? I have to send this laptop back to hp and they will surely re-install the old windows xp64 on here, so i will then have to install win7 pro back on to this pc and it will be a big mess. If i could save the profile and transfer it to my desktop it would be a big help

skipwondah33
07-16-2010, 09:05 AM
FSU I know with IE there is a section in My Computer, C: Drive, Documents & Settings, your_name, then in the Favorites folder where all of your saved sites are located. I don't use Firefox all that often but I think there is an option to save/transfer your favorites or just copy that favorites folder and dump it onto a jump drive.

fsuprime
07-16-2010, 09:20 AM
ah thanks skip, yea those are int explorers ones, but i did find a guide on the web to do it for firefox, very similar to that!

psusnoop
07-16-2010, 09:30 AM
You know I only played a quarter because my son woke up last night. I'm leaving work around 3pm today and I'm going to play a full game with them first.

They felt really good, nothing extreme. I'm a power runner type team so Eddie was running my pro style offense well. I'm going to stick to the pro style when I get home but I'm going try to be balance to get a good feel for it. Passing though is NOT my strong point.

Kingpin32
07-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Have we thought about how we can use the no huddle offense? I kind of want to implement it, but I want to know how everyone feels about it.

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Have we thought about how we can use the no huddle offense? I kind of want to implement it, but I want to know how everyone feels about it.
I don't have a problem with it, but I got to thinking that one way to help with this & to be a bit more sim is to require anytime you use no huddle to call an audible, even if it's the "audible to same play". That way it would simulate the QB looking over to the sidelines, as he does in real life.

I wouldn't be opposed to occasionally seeing a faster pace (ie no audible) but would prefer it only be from time to time, unless of course in 2 minute drill.

psusnoop
07-16-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't have a problem with it, but I got to thinking that one way to help with this & to be a bit more sim is to require anytime you use no huddle to call an audible, even if it's the "audible to same play". That way it would simulate the QB looking over to the sidelines, as he does in real life.
I wouldn't be opposed to occasionally seeing a faster pace (ie no audible) but would prefer it only be from time to time, unless of course in 2 minute drill.

I like that idea.

Kingpin32
07-16-2010, 03:42 PM

Ok that can work.

Oneback
07-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Just played an online game against Papa and he's still got it.

Papa LoneStar
07-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I must admit....I was a little intimidated with your 23 online game experience. Man....I wish Ryan Mallet was still at Michigan....he's VERY nice.

psusnoop
07-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Id be up for a few games tonight if anyone wants to play. I'll be on around 9pm or so.

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
I probably won't be around until later tonight but I'll be up for some games... probably around 10ct or so.

skipwondah33
07-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Couple of questions

What is the policy for using aggressive gameplanning? I personally hate and don't use it because I believe its not very realistic to have your D-line jumping the snap every single play for example. I know in past dynasties I have been in, using anything but conservative or normal/balanced was banned but not sure how you guys handled it in this one. The only things I usually set for conservative are catching and running, everything else balanced. Now the only thing I did use aggressive on was tempo. I didn't know what it meant until I set it and read what it was for (its how you turn on chew clock if you use conservative I found)

What is the policy for using the commit features? I hate this more than gameplanning and don't use it either. Judging by the games I've played online I see nobody has been using either (you get strategy points when you use run/pass commit successfully if you didn't know)

Oneback
07-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Couple of questions

What is the policy for using aggressive gameplanning? I personally hate and don't use it because I believe its not very realistic to have your D-line jumping the snap every single play for example. I know in past dynasties I have been in, using anything but conservative or normal/balanced was banned but not sure how you guys handled it in this one. The only things I usually set for conservative are catching and running, everything else balanced. Now the only thing I did use aggressive on was tempo. I didn't know what it meant until I set it and read what it was for (its how you turn on chew clock if you use conservative I found)

What is the policy for using the commit features? I hate this more than gameplanning and don't use it either. Judging by the games I've played online I see nobody has been using either (you get strategy points when you use run/pass commit successfully if you didn't know)

Last year the only thing we banned was the use of run commit. But I am open for discussion on the other fronts as well. I haven't touched game planning at all so far, and have only used pass commit in obvious passing situations.

fsuprime
07-16-2010, 07:44 PM
i have not used game planning at all in ncaa 11, except for against G since he was stripping every play for the first few plays ;)

i would not mind banning aggressive DL, i think it is lame to.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-16-2010, 09:41 PM
sorry... but at what point on saturdays(and even sundays for that matter) do the DL not try to anticipate the snap?

if run commit is still over-effective... dont allow it... everything else should be fine... as far as "pre-snap" stuff...

dont make this a pansy stupid crap league... i want it to stay like the powerhouse we were running coming into this release... otherwise i wont waste my time... the more rules like that (which are pretty ***) the more room you make for people to accuse/complain about stuff during the game win or lose...

"E"

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 10:54 PM
The only thing I believe should be discussed is limiting the aggressive DL merely because there is no downside.

As far as run commit goes, I have used it a handful of times and the times it has worked, it didn't feel cheesy. But often when it didn't work, the offense had an advantage over me.

Oneback
07-17-2010, 12:13 AM
I've got to admit I just don't think I have "it" anymore and at this point fully expect you guys to run rough shot over me in this OD. I really don't know if its the teams that I am playing with or me but I have zero offense right now. It all stems from my inability to throw the ball at all...I know it started a little last year which is why I ended up switching to the flexbone but this year I am lucky if I am passing at a 40% clip in the 29 games I have played online. It's getting quite frustrating.

fsuprime
07-17-2010, 08:25 AM
i have def. not played anywhere near that many online games yet, but passing def. seems tricky. I have almost only been focused on running the ball though, since i was so terrible at it last year and has to pass 78% of the time, it seems outside matchups are tough to win consistently with WRs vs CBs going Deep, and fades are very different from years past and i need to practice with them.

skipwondah33
07-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Last year the only thing we banned was the use of run commit. But I am open for discussion on the other fronts as well. I haven't touched game planning at all so far, and have only used pass commit in obvious passing situations.

Totally understand that part, for some reason a defense won't automatically treat a 3rd and 26 as a obvious pass situation. I've seen some pretty unrealistic things in the past though with aggressive D-line and aggressive pass coverage. Jumping the snap is a timing thing, not something that happens EVERY snap. Hell Dwight Freeney can't even time it right every single snap but the players on this game can with it implemented? Then there is the zone-blitz run commit-interceptions set to aggressive, that seems to not have a penalty for doing at all. If you throw it quick it will likely be a picked or if you run it then your probably going to get stuffed.

I don't know just seems to take the realistic aspect out of it to use commit. Of course I'm comparing this to the problems it had the last year and with the difficulty on Heisman so you can only imagine the problems. I'm the newbie so I'm not trying to step on any toes just my opinion. Hell the use of these things will probably make my defense better in actuality.

Oneback
07-17-2010, 04:34 PM
It doesn't matter if you were the first person here or the new guy all 12 of us are one commitee. Feel free to bring any thoughts or concerns up and the 12 of us will talk it out and come up with a conclusion all of us can agree on.

psusnoop
07-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Since I have been in the league the only thing that I use is the pass commit feature on anything more then 3rd and 8's and more then on 4th and 4's or more. I have though in the past but not much in this year used the agressive setting for D-line, zone coverage, and the option. The only reason I haven't this year used it much is because I feel I've gotten better with my play calling and not needed to take chances to play u guys.

I'm pretty laxed overall so I don't mind anything and surely don't mind change for the better good of the dynasty. I'm anxious to hear other's thoughts on this though.

Oneback
07-18-2010, 12:50 AM
In testing to get a good number of plays I think we are going to have to play 8 to 9 minute quarters. Now because of the play clock on this years version it seems to take about as long as 7 minute quarters did on NCAA 10 which is what we were using. I am still testing however.

Also, I believe I am getting really close to a set of sliders. Please check out the thread I have made in the OD (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?587-Sliders&p=12598#post12598), test them out and give feedback as these will have a direct impact on the OD's gameplay.

fsuprime
07-18-2010, 10:40 PM
so im in week 10 of my first OD ( a minors OD with my buddy from the navy) he is memphis and i am temple. Both are 2* teams and we have recruiting on AA difficulty. Starting Around week 7 i tried to go after a few 4*s who had 0 offers, the very next week each and everyone has had at least one offer from someone on their list once i put them on my list :) I think it is going to be much harder to poach good players even with good teams, i am very excited.

fsuprime
07-19-2010, 08:23 AM
also irondragons roster is pretty darn good. http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?584-Iron-Dragon-s-PS3-Roster-Updates if you have not checked it out. Has a ton of changes to many teams big time and small time.

Iron Dragon
07-19-2010, 10:20 AM
also irondragons roster is pretty darn good. http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?584-Iron-Dragon-s-PS3-Roster-Updates if you have not checked it out. Has a ton of changes to many teams big time and small time.

Thank you so much. I'm surprised how much my roster is starting to get attention around the NCAA community that I have people willing to donate to me now, this started as a side-project that I thought would go no where but apparently people like these alot.

Papa LoneStar
07-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I'll have to check 'em out when I get home....hopefully Garrett Gilbert's throwing power has been adjusted accordingly :-)

Iron Dragon
07-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I'll have to check 'em out when I get home....hopefully Garrett Gilbert's throwing power has been adjusted accordingly :-)

I don't think I did anything to Gilbert but I've done some work on Texas

Oneback
07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't think I did anything to Gilbert but I've done some work on Texas

I will check these out tonight.

The next thing I am going to work on now that we are getting close to having a set of sliders is team run/pass ratios. I am hoping to have everything done and finalized by early next week. That way we will have everything ready to go for the launch of the OD.

skipwondah33
07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm ready to get this thing rolling lol. I've played more ranked games this version than I have the last 3 years combined. Granted I've only been playing guys from here and a cousin of mine. Which reminds me OB you need to sign up for the Game Changers thing :P

Kingpin32
07-19-2010, 02:19 PM
If he signs up, I'll finally have a win lol.

Oneback
07-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm ready to get this thing rolling lol. I've played more ranked games this version than I have the last 3 years combined. Granted I've only been playing guys from here and a cousin of mine. Which reminds me OB you need to sign up for the Game Changers thing :P

I am now a card carrying member.

Oneback
07-19-2010, 03:42 PM
If he signs up, I'll finally have a win lol.

Sure you will...my game is starting to come around.

JeffHCross
07-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Back in town, boys. Got in last night at 3 am, but otherwise it was a great weekend. Had almost no PC time, though, so I'm still behind the 8-ball on my team. Getting close. I hate to think that I'm holding everyone up ... I didn't imagine sliders and rosters to be done so quickly. Going to be working hard on my team though ... I haven't even played a full game of NCAA yet!

Oneback
07-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Alright so there has been a little bit of a shake up. The original plan was to have either myself or Papa take one of Michigan or Texas and after much debate between the two of us...mainly me pressuring Papa he has decided to hand over Michigan, however I had to hand over Texas. He has said though that if there is a lot of objection he would move to Iowa which fits his style of play as well.

Honestly I am okay with Papa taking Texas as that was the original thought when we first started talking about this around December.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Kingpin32
07-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Peer Pressure :smh:. But I don't mind the move. Who would you replace for Texas?

JeffHCross
07-20-2010, 12:17 AM
What are everyone else's thoughts?Other than the fact that I'd much rather be playing Papa every year than you, I'm fine with it. Whether he runs with Texas or Iowa, there's not a significant difference between the two.

Either way, I'm going to take my lumps.

fsuprime
07-20-2010, 12:17 AM
haha texas in the state of texas, your doing it wrong oneback.

jk i dont care and just want everyone to be happy with their team! (and to start soon :) )

Papa LoneStar
07-20-2010, 12:39 AM
I think it's a fair compensation for being strong-armed out of Ann Arbor ;-)

Oneback
07-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Peer Pressure :smh:. But I don't mind the move. Who would you replace for Texas?

Indiana, same team I was going to replace for Nebraska.

Oneback
07-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Other than the fact that I'd much rather be playing Papa every year than you, I'm fine with it. Whether he runs with Texas or Iowa, there's not a significant difference between the two.

Either way, I'm going to take my lumps.

I don't know, you haven't seen my record this year (not good) online.

Oneback
07-20-2010, 06:04 AM
Now there is another alternative, I guess I was thinking about this in my sleep. Since myself, Jeff and PSU want to play with Big 10 teams, FSU with an ACC team and Papa with a Big 12 team to make it fair for everyone else if we want to change this to a Big 10/Big 12/ACC OD I am cool with that as well. The only thing that I would ask is that there are at least 4 user controlled teams per conference (In the big 12 and ACC it would either need to be 2 per division or all 4 in one).

Any thoughts on that from everyone?

I know everyone has been practicing with their teams and may not want to change at this point but I atleast wanted to throw out the alternative so everyone can have more of a "powerhouse" team.

Oneback
07-20-2010, 06:11 AM
I think it's a fair compensation for being strong-armed out of Ann Arbor ;-)

I agree. Everytime I looked at the Nebraska roster and figured out everything that needed to be changed and then looked at the Michigan roster and thought it would be nice to have that I texted Papa. Only because Papa wanted to change them back from a spread team to a power run team, so I figured I would make both of our jobs easier.

texacotea
07-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Im fine with the big 10/acc/big 12. if we do that I would like to take the U

psusnoop
07-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Fine with me as well. Most important thing is for everyone to be happy with their teams.

skipwondah33
07-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Well in that case. I'm thinking of taking my services to Hokie-land..but I have grown to like the Sun Devils. Hmm I'll have to see what everyone else does.

Oneback
07-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Fine with me as well. Most important thing is for everyone to be happy with their teams.

I agree and part of that comes with everyone having equal teams. Not saying Escobar couldn't over come it but having Minnesota in a conference that includes Ohio State, Penn State, FSU, Texas and Michigan puts him at a big disadvantage.

Iron Dragon
07-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Oh no.. no Quizz Rodgers?? :(

Oh well. Here's my new considerations:

1. TCU (replace Colorado?).. the only thing that scares me is that they lose 9 starters on offense after '10, and then 7 on defense, along with 5 overall in the secondary.

2. Oklahoma

3. West Virginia (replace Duke?)

4. Virginia Tech

5. Wisconsin (if now available)

Oneback
07-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Oh no.. no Quizz Rodgers?? :(

Oh well. Here's my new considerations:

1. TCU (replace Colorado?).. the only thing that scares me is that they lose 9 starters on offense after '10, and then 7 on defense, along with 5 overall in the secondary.

2. Oklahoma

3. West Virginia (replace Duke?)

4. Virginia Tech

5. Wisconsin (if now available)

It's still up to everyone on if they want to change the format. Are you on board with switching to a new conference?

I'll put you down as the first to stake a claim on Oklahoma as I am leaning toward keeping the conferences in line. Skip already staked Va Tech.

gschwendt
07-20-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm good with the new conferences. I'll have to take a look at which team I may want but honestly I felt a bit dirty using USC since they were pretty much pre-built.

So, with that said, the Big 10 is full (plus one), correct?

Oneback
07-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Here is what I have so far:

Big 10

2. psusnoop - Penn State
3. Oneback - Michigan

Big 12
North
1. gschwendt - Nebraska

South
1. Papa Lonestar - Texas
2. Iron Dragon - Oklahoma

ACC

Atlantic
1. fsuprime - FSU

Costal
2. texacotea - Miami
3. skipwondah33 - Va Tech

Waiting on a team:

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
Kingpin32
Escobar

Iron Dragon
07-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm good with the Sooners. I've looked over their roster and they have quite a bit to build on. They were one of the teams I needed to update in my roster anyways since I got suggestions and notes handed to me about them.

gschwendt
07-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I'll go with Boston College.

gschwendt
07-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Actually, give me Nebraska if you don't mind.

Oneback
07-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Actually, give me Nebraska if you don't mind.

Done

Papa LoneStar
07-20-2010, 10:00 AM
In order to get a third or fouth team to be in the same conference with Texas and OU....I would like to suggest moving Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State into the Pac-10 in place of Washington, Washington State, Arizona, and Arizona State.

That way teams like USC and Oregon are available to match the talent and prestige....and maybe moving FSU to the SEC will open up other talents (except Alabama please....lol)....that way we have the national title game (possibly), Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, etc. as possible user vs user bowl matchups. Just a thought :-)

Papa LoneStar
07-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Also....moving the teams in that order (Texas for Washington, Texas A&M for Washington State, etc.) would allow for the LoneStar Showdown and Bedlam to be the last games of the year give it an authentic feel.

skipwondah33
07-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Damn I was looking forward to my battles with G in the Pac-10 lol, even though he had the almighty USC

Oneback
07-20-2010, 10:13 AM
In order to get a third or fouth team to be in the same conference with Texas and OU....I would like to suggest moving Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State into the Pac-10 in place of Washington, Washington State, Arizona, and Arizona State.

They signed a TV deal to save the Big 12.

I am up for that as well. It does leave FSU hanging out there all alone though. If your worried about user games in the Big 12 I am sure you'll play at least 3 a year. RRS, atleast one of the north opponents and possibly the B12 Championship game.

With fewer user vs user games during the year it will make the season play faster but the user games will end up being the bigger games.

skipwondah33
07-20-2010, 10:29 AM
With fewer user vs user games during the year it will make the season play faster but the user games will end up being the bigger games.

Definitely :nod:

Papa LoneStar
07-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Nah....I wasn't worrying about user games (with my limited scheduling flexiblity compared to previous years)....I was referring to trying to spice up the pool of teams to choose from for current and future Powerhouse players...especially in the Big XII.

fsuprime
07-20-2010, 11:10 AM
i was actually looking forward to bring fsu to the big ten and having a diff slate of teams to play ;) so i dont mind what conf FSU gets put in (or stays in)

also iron u have a pm

Kingpin32
07-20-2010, 11:17 AM
I guess I'll take Georgia Tech. Tex beat me for the U.

gschwendt
07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
I guess I'll take Georgia Tech. Tex beat me for the U.
You could always go TTU and move either OK or TTU to the North.

Kingpin32
07-20-2010, 11:22 AM
You could always go TTU and move either OK or TTU to the North.

You know what I'll take TTU. I've never done a dynasty with them so this is a good time to do one.

So what is the team selection looking like now?

gschwendt
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Since neither is really here to represent themselves, if either Escobar or xGRIDIRONxGURUx would prefer a Big 12 team then I'm willing to go to Wisconsin or Boston College either one. I realize I keep waffling but for some reason I just can't find a team I love.

skipwondah33
07-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Since neither is really here to represent themselves, if either Escobar or xGRIDIRONxGURUx would prefer a Big 12 team then I'm willing to go to Wisconsin or Boston College either one. I realize I keep waffling but for some reason I just can't find a team I love.

Haha, man we need to get this thing started, we're all racking up frequent flyer miles :D

Guess I'll need to get on and play a little bit wit Va Tech if you want some scrimmage runs G.

Oneback
07-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Big 10

2. psusnoop - Penn State
3. Oneback - Michigan

Big 12

South
1. Papa Lonestar - Texas
3. KingPin - Texas Tech

ACC

Atlantic
1. fsuprime - FSU
2. Escobar - Clemson

Costal
2. texacotea - Miami
3. skipwondah33 - Va Tech

Waiting on a team:

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
gschwent

Iron Dragon
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM
I'll move to the North with Oklahoma, if needed.

gschwendt
07-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Here is what I have now since g can't make up his mind:
I'll wait on Gridiron & Escobar to make my decision... :o

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
07-20-2010, 12:54 PM
ill take Oregon...

"E"

Escobar
07-20-2010, 02:35 PM
I'll go with Clemson. They already have the personnel to fit my O and D, and I just picked A&M to roll with in the TGT dynasty.

Oneback
07-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I'll go with Clemson. They already have the personnel to fit my O and D, and I just picked A&M to roll with in the TGT dynasty.

Updated.

Papa LoneStar
07-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Big 10

2. psusnoop - Penn State
3. Oneback - Michigan
4. Gshwendt - Wisconsin????

Pac-10
(moving UT, TTU, OU, OSU for UW, WSU, AZ, ASU?)

1. Papa Lonestar - Texas
3. KingPin - Texas Tech
4. xGRIDIRONxGURUx - Oregon

ACC

1. fsuprime - FSU
2. Escobar - Clemson
3. texacotea - Miami
4. skipwondah33 - Va Tech

....looks hot to me :-)

Iron Dragon
07-20-2010, 03:54 PM
If we're moving Big XII to Pac-10, I'd prefer Oregon State.

psusnoop
07-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Man this is going to be one of the most heated dynasties I've ever been involved in, big team after big team. I'm loving this new layout.

JeffHCross
07-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't know, you haven't seen my record this year (not good) online.Heh. My record is 0-0, both online and against the CPU. Been so busy I haven't even gotten a full game in.

Any thoughts on that from everyone? We tried this last year, didn't we? I remember it going decently well, but one of the nice things about the SEC OD last year was the full tilt of user games. We still went fairly quickly, but we weren't beating up on the CPU for 3/4 of our schedule. Instead, we had tough user games to plan for.

that way we have the national title game (possibly), Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, etc. as possible user vs user bowl matchups. Just a thought :-)Last year I raised the idea that, personally, I prefer bowl games to be a "reward" rather than something else I'm going to have to contest. The NC game being user vs user is always a plus, but the other bowl games I wouldn't necessarily want to see too many bowl games be USER vs USER.

Man this is going to be one of the most heated dynasties I've ever been involved in. I'm loving the new layout of teams.No crap.

I would encourage Papa, Oneback, or at least somebody to give Custom Conferences a try and see what all those moves would do to the Rivalries. If we suddenly had a lot of teams with only one rival, that would have a severe impact to recruiting.

gschwendt
07-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Wisconsin works for me.

JeffHCross
07-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Last defensive player ratings are going in my spreadsheet tonight. That means tomorrow evening will be putting the defense into Teambuilder. By late tomorrow / early Thursday my Buckeyes will be done.

Papa LoneStar
07-20-2010, 11:28 PM
According to my offline sim ODs that I've done in 11 and 10....teambuilder teams get the #1 rival only for the team that they replace. Swapping regular teams only change schedules.

Kingpin32
07-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Last defensive player ratings are going in my spreadsheet tonight. That means tomorrow evening will be putting the defense into Teambuilder. By late tomorrow / early Thursday my Buckeyes will be done.

And we can finally start!

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
And we can finally start!For what it's worth, we weren't planning to start until near the end of the month anyway ;)

Kingpin32
07-21-2010, 12:22 AM
For what it's worth, we weren't planning to start until near the end of the month anyway ;)

Yeah well....I'm just ready to get started lol :P

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Yeah well....I'm just ready to get started lol :PTrust me, I think I'm more ready to be done with my 1995 team and ready to start the OD than any of you. ;)

Kingpin32
07-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Trust me, I think I'm more ready to be done with my 1995 team and ready to start the OD than any of you. ;)

Shoot you've been working on them since I joined the site I think. I can't wait to see them in action too.

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Shoot you've been working on them since I joined the site I think. I can't wait to see them in action too.I bought the 1995 Ohio State Media Guide before NCAA 07 was released. I can remember this because while I was standing in line to buy NCAA 07, Eddie George walked out with his copy. If I'd been thinking straight that night, I would have pointed out to him what I had, because I had the guide with me while in line.

In one form or another, I've been working on this roster since 2006. NCAA has gone through a lot of changes in that time, which has caused my own rosters to go through their own changes. This will be at least the second time that I was "done" with the team. But it shall be fun.