PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Base Defense playbook ?

gigemaggs99
10-16-2011, 01:06 PM
When I play the game on PS3 it shows they have a base 4-3 defense.

When I look online, it shows they have a "hybird 3-4". http://en.wikipedia....s_football_team

I'm not 100% sure what "hybrid 3-4" means.

When I watched the game last night vs Arz St. they looked to be a Dime 3-2-6.

What would be the closest thing to what they run in real life on NCAA 12?

Thanks.

baseballplyrmvp
10-16-2011, 01:33 PM
someone correct me if i'm wrong but i've always been under the impression that the hybrid 3-4 and hybrid 4-3 are virtually the same thing. some teams will stand up a d-end while others will drop a linebacker down onto the line. its most often? called the elephant position. USC ran it a lot in 06 and 08 with brian cushing and clay matthews respectively.

as far as replicating that in the game? i dont have a clue

PDuncanOSU
10-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Ohio State runs a base 4-3 defense but their weekside defensive end will (they call the Leo positoin) sometimes stand up to give the defense a 3-4 look. They also have a linebacker/safety hybrid position that they call the star position that they use in nickel situations to try to better defend the run and pass against spread teams.
To mimick this in NCAA12, I start with either the Mutiple defense playbook or a custom playbook. I typically will try to look for an OLB in recruiting that has good pass rush skills to put in the Leo (DE/OLB) position. I then use formation subs and/or packages to put him in the position I want depending on the formation.
Sounds like Oregon does something similar. Hope this helps.

gigemaggs99
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Ohio State runs a base 4-3 defense but their weekside defensive end will (they call the Leo positoin) sometimes stand up to give the defense a 3-4 look. They also have a linebacker/safety hybrid position that they call the star position that they use in nickel situations to try to better defend the run and pass against spread teams.
To mimick this in NCAA12, I start with either the Mutiple defense playbook or a custom playbook. I typically will try to look for an OLB in recruiting that has good pass rush skills to put in the Leo (DE/OLB) position. I then use formation subs and/or packages to put him in the position I want depending on the formation.
Sounds like Oregon does something similar. Hope this helps.

Thank you, I did some reading online and it looks like what you're saying. A 3-4 hybrid is similar to a 4-3 hybrid. The LBs just either move around, or put their hand down or a little of both.

I'm going to look into the multiple playbook too.

Thanks again.

Quest4Gold
10-26-2011, 09:39 AM
In the 3-4, the predator formation (I think it is that one), has the one OLB down in a three point stance for a four man front look.

blkkrptnt819
10-26-2011, 09:46 AM
In the 3-4, the predator formation (I think it is that one), has the one OLB down in a three point stance for a four man front look.

The Predator is correct sir