PDA

View Full Version : Sega announces Daytona USA for XBLA, PSN

bdoughty
10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2011/10/12-19

The re-release of Daytona USA features:

Fresh Oil and a New Coat of Paint: Experience the classic retro graphics of the original arcade hit in an enhanced,16:9 widescreen format
Let's Go Away: Relive your glory days of racing to the sounds of the original DaytonaŽ USA soundtrack, also available in Karaoke Mode (admit it, you know you have been singing along anyway)
Pedal to the Metal: Drive like a pro with included support for the Logitech GT Driving Force steering wheel controller on PS3, and all Xbox 360-supported steering wheel controllers
Reach the Winner's Circle: Challenge AI opponents in Arcade Mode, race the clock in Survival and Time Trial Modes, and trade paint with up to eight players in online multiplayer to place on the worldwide leaderboard

The classic title has been tuned up and overhauled with enhanced graphics, steering wheel support and, for the first time on home consoles, online multiplayer. Daytona USA will be available as a speedy digital download in North America on October 25 for PlayStation Network ($9.99) and October 26 for Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 (800 Microsoft Points), and in late November in Europe.

oweb26
10-13-2011, 05:19 AM
I'm not going to buy it but man I remember alot of wasted quarters on this game.

Paakaa10
10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
DAAAAAYYYYYYTOOOONNNNAAAAA!

I remember playing the hell out of this in the arcade. When the Sega Saturn launched in Japan, for some reason my local game rental store got a JP console in. Was so excited to rent the console, Virtua Fighter, and Daytona USA.

Then we got it home and it didn't work with our TV setup. That was disappointing. Never followed up on the US Saturn, and didn't own another Sega console until the Dreamcast. (Good story, I know!)

Couldn't see myself spending the money on this just for the sake of nostalgia though.

JBHuskers
10-13-2011, 08:29 AM
I was more partial to Outrun and Crusin' USA.

oweb26
10-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I was more partial to Outrun and Crusin' USA.

As was I (and those two were more frequent in the grocery stores), but as a child of the 80's I think you can agree for some reason, every arcade or store didn't have the same games, so I remember that my mom would go to the same two stores and one had Daytona, and the other had Cruisin USA on the system that you could choose between like 5 different games to play.

JBHuskers
10-13-2011, 10:41 AM
As was I (and those two were more frequent in the grocery stores), but as a child of the 80's I think you can agree for some reason, every arcade or store didn't have the same games, so I remember that my mom would go to the same two stores and one had Daytona, and the other had Cruisin USA on the system that you could choose between like 5 different games to play.

Yup, child of the 80's. When Outrun came out only for the Euro PSN, I went on eBay and bought a Euro PSN card and used my already created Euro account :D