PDA

View Full Version : The Gaming Tailgate will have NCAA Football 11 on Tues 6/29 - Submit Questions Here

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 02:02 PM
But just with the media copies:

ALL ASSETS, IMPRESSIONS AND REVIEWS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNTIL FRIDAY, JULY 9TH AT 12:00PM EST (9:00AM PST)

We will get an update with what we can do with the Dynasty Wire on the Online Dynasties soon it sounds. We may be able to get an OD set up with news articles on the Dynasty Wire.

CDJ, Tommy, and myself will each have a copy. We will take the next week and a half to get things ready to post immediately a week from Friday once the embargo is lifted.

NCAA 11 Requests for 7/9
NCAA 11 Requests for 7/9
- Would like to see video on Heisman to check out the pass rush and zone coverage, as well as CPU playcalling.
- Tutorial for right stick?
- Triple option being ran from flexbone, I Formation, wishbone, and SG Split.
- Screen shots of the generic PISTOL playbook
- What does the online lobby look like?
- Test slider effectiveness
- Create-a-Player video
- Gameplay video of Arkansas State vs Troy
- Rosters?
- Auburn Playbook video walkthrough
- Nebraska Playbook video walkthrough
- OL vs DL matchup videos (great vs great, medium, & poor)
- Video rundown of new dynasty features & quirks
- Videos of new Assignment AI showing different run blocking versus different defensive alignments
- BCS Championship Pre-Game & Post-Game
- Demo to retail fixes
- video of Ole Miss' entrance
- Video of Randal Mackey (6'0 JR QB) running Wild Rebel
- video of Miami entrance
- video of Texas A&M entrance

Questions:

Well if you guys do have access to online can you check to see if you can change stadiums in unranked games.

Also can someone post if there is any new plays in the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5.Thanks

Couple quick questions JB. Does Illinois' playbook reflect the hiring of Paul Petrino, ie. is it the Arkansas playbook? Also, if one of you gets the chance, can you take a gander at the Arkansas playbook and let me know if they added a Pistol formation. If they did that then I will be the happiest guy on the internet!

I wonder if we will be able to receive conference invites as well as being hired and fired in Online Dynasties? That's my question lol.

Can you guys check something fairly quickly? Do TB teams still have gray undershirts or are they team colored now?

Another thing, can you say if the stats are numbered like in years past or do we still have to count downward to see what our stat ranking is?

How is crowd noise in the retail version? This is a problem that has always persisted in the next-gen games. Does it sound like a real stadium or does it sound like a high school game?

Any idea if Stadium Sounds have been added to TeamBuilder teams for more than just one condition?

Another question, is there any difference in the Pistol playbooks of Ohio and Indiana from Nevada? Thanks!

#4 - is there any "penalty" for setting your hum DL to "aggressive". i haven't seen my d-line jump offsides yet in the demo and they always "jump the snap"

#5 - is is still nearly impossible to get a user "big hit" with the "hit stick"? - i'm actually hoping this is the case

#6 - for me there were far too many fumbles in the demo - have you seen allot of fumbles in the retail?

It was brought up in another thread, but is dynamic attendance better this year?

I would like to know this as well. I would also like to know if EA fixed the promise "win verses rivals" for teambuilder teams this year. Last year you could make the promise, but it always failed.

Is the CPU's punting any different/better?

The CPU always punts horribly and gives away a ton of yardage because it has no "coffin corner" logic and it generally shanks too many punts.

Has this changed at all?

Here's a question

If you use a bowl stadium from a TB team, is it still split 50/50?

Another question I just thought of. Could you just recruit several seasons at all of the different difficulties with a Powerhouse; "Middle of the Road" and a "Cupcake" and see what difficulties you feel get the most realistic results?

Dreads? :popcorn:

Is the game an INT fest? I'm playing the demo of FSU - Florida and the game has seen 9 INTs. What's amazing is I've thrown 6 and I almost never get picked off on Heisman.

I definitely am curious on how the cpu will run the ball and the type of plays they call. Sick of sack fests because the cpu can't run a proper screen pass.

Another question - did choice and/or read routes make it into the Run and Shoot playbook?

Oh here's my question: Have they FINALLY fixed the pride stickers on Georgia's helmets? They touted this years ago as something cool but they haven't worked right on Georgia since the jump to next-gen basically, that or they broke it along the way... I forgot. Just curious if the dog bones show up on the helmets similar to the buckeye logo on Ohio State's helmets...

This just if any of you guys happen to play as or against Georgia before I get the game. Not a huge deal I'm just curious.

Flav
06-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm guessing you guys all got it for the PS3?

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM

Yep.

gschwendt
06-28-2010, 02:36 PM
As JB mentioned, there is an embargo. However, once the embargo is listed, let us know what you want to see whether it be videos, screen shots, details, etc. I'm sure each of us will post on general impressions as well but also start putting together your list of questions.

AustinWolv
06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Lucky bastards.

Would like to see video on Heisman to check out the pass rush and zone coverage, as well as CPU playcalling.
I'm also curious if they included tutorials for what can be done with the right stick, in case there is something in there that we haven't picked up on.

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I will start a running list of requests and put them in the first post of this thread.

iBrandon
06-28-2010, 02:53 PM
With everything lifting on July 9th and my Dell delivery date being July 9th. I am starting to feel good about getting it on that day.

Congrats on getting a copy. I know you guys are excited.

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 03:03 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?225-The-Gaming-Tailgate-will-have-NCAA-Football-11-tomorrow-6-29

LuGer33
06-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Some will have it on X360. :)

cdj
06-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Here are some of the sites and community members also getting the game, so make sure to bookmark their sites for info on 7/9 as well:

MyMaddenPad (http://mymaddenpad.com/) - Shopmaster
The Gaming Tailgate (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com) - cdj, gschwendt, JBHuskers
The Sports Game Guy (http://www.thesportsgameguy.com/) - Kev5890, MPDamon
Tradition Football (http://www.traditionfootball.com/) - Rynoaid
At-large (post on numerous sites)/EA Forums: Anton32, JStein2469, xRomo9, LuGeR33, XxDaMolexX
(I'm proud to say they are all members of The Gaming Tailgate as well.)

By that time, there will likely be numerous community members with the game after finding it at some stores, so impressions & thoughts should be plentiful.

lilheavy
06-28-2010, 03:38 PM
I would like to see videos of the triple option being ran from flexbone, I Formation, wishbone, and SG Split if you guys can find the time please.

mod edit - updated post one.

beartide06
06-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Wow guys that is awesome lol. Two weeks early. Be proud haha.

xRomo9
06-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I will have the Game for xbox 360 if anyone would like to know about that version :)

Rudy
06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
You lucky SOBs!!

iBrandon
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
I hope every copy you guys received doesn't work and you all don’t receive another copy until July 13th.

HuskerBlitz
06-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Have fun. Will be interesting to hear your opinions on it.

jaymo76
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
I would love to see some screen shots of the generic PISTOL playbook as I am thinking about running that this year. Also, I would love to know if there are any more offline dynasty tweeks or additions. Have fun guys... sooooo envious right now:o

texacotea
06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
guess it pays off giving ben and those guys special favors;)

a week is a long way away for you all to hold info

beartide06
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
I will have the Game for xbox 360 if anyone would like to know about that version :)

I would like to know info about it lol. If you will have it that is ;)

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Will you guys have access to online? I'll just curious about how the lobby and online interface is setup.

It would also be GREAT to get your guys' impressions on just how much the pass rush and pass coverage have been improved over the demo. Congrats, by the way! :D

gschwendt
06-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Will you guys have access to online? I'll just curious about how the lobby and online interface is setup.

It would also be GREAT to get your guys' impressions on just how much the pass rush and pass coverage have been improved over the demo. Congrats, by the way! :D
Yes... we should be able to access online. The hope is that we'll actually be able to run an OD in order to show off Dynasty Wire.

HuskerBlitz
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I'm very interested in the new Dynasty Wire and how it works.

steelerfan
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Would EA hold you guys responsible if someone else got the game before July 9 and posted anything on your site before then?

Just a strange thought I had. I'm guessing they're going to start shipping on July 8 and that's why they're saying the 9th as they know someone will break the street date.

cdj
06-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Would EA hold you guys responsible if someone else got the game before July 9 and posted anything on your site before then?

No, but we couldn't echo or discuss our thoughts versus theirs. I fully expect people to start getting the game from the 6th or so on. It seems like people always find it a week or so early and especially from that Friday (the 9th) through Tuesday.

Thelaw
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Well if you guys do have access to online can you check to see if you can change stadiums in unranked games.Also can someone post if there is any new plays in the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5.Thanks

Deuce
06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Not sure if you'll have enough time to test this but it'd be interesting to see how effective sliders are. Especially, in regards to human D-line and CPU pass coverage.

champ195797
06-28-2010, 06:28 PM
on the 9th can you post a vid of creat a player showin the new equipment

steelerfan
06-28-2010, 06:33 PM
No, but we couldn't echo or discuss our thoughts versus theirs. I fully expect people to start getting the game from the 6th or so on. It seems like people always find it a week or so early and especially from that Friday (the 9th) through Tuesday.

Feel free, then, to ship me your copy so I can answer questions. :D

For the good of the community, of course.:p

cdj
06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Feel free, then, to ship me your copy so I can answer questions. :D

For the good of the community, of course.:p

I'll get right on that. ;)

Coachdenz
06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Gameplay video Arkansas st vs Troy :)

Rudy
06-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I hope every copy you guys received doesn't work and you all don’t receive another copy until July 13th.

LOL.

Can you guys comment on the relative difficulty levels? Can you at least comment on what difficulty setting you will be playing on and scores of your games?

gschwendt
06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL.

Can you guys comment on the relative difficulty levels? Can you at least comment on what difficulty setting you will be playing on and scores of your games?My take is a completely better safe than sorry approach. I'm probably not going to post ANYTHING NCAA11 specific until they give us the go ahead.

LuGer33
06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
My take is a completely better safe than sorry approach. I'm probably not going to post ANYTHING NCAA11 specific until they give us the go ahead.

Same here. I might send a picture of the game in my hand to a buddy of mine from school to mess with him, but other than that, I think we'd all be smart to just keep quiet until we are good to go.

Jayrah
06-28-2010, 08:16 PM
That's pretty cool you jerks! :p

Man, suddenly the time's going even slower

BTW, don't get too good dudes, I wanna at least be a challenge when I play you on TGTD. :D

HuskerBlitz
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Can you guys check to see if TeamBuilder schools can be used for normal online games?

cdj
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Can you guys check to see if TeamBuilder schools can be used for normal online games?

From the EA SPORTS Online Pass page (http://www.easports.com/onlinepass), that appears to be in the game. Get the game new or buy Online Pass and you get:

- Recruiting Reports for use in Dynasty Mode

- Twelve TeamBuilder Slots to download your custom teams for use in Play Now, Head-to-Head Online, Dynasty, and Online Dynasty Modes

- Online Multiplayer Modes such as Online Play Now, Head-to-Head, Online Dynasty, and More**

gschwendt
06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
- Twelve TeamBuilder Slots to download your custom teams for use in Play Now, Head-to-Head Online, Dynasty, and Online Dynasty Modes

I somehow managed to overlook that. That will be very handy... not only for guys that want to create a TeamBuilder team, but also guys in an OD can use it as a work around to play exhibition games. Granted they would have to put in a fair amount of work to recreate their team in TeamBuilder, but at least it's an option.

HuskerBlitz
06-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I totally missed that as well when I was reading over it. Awesome. Thanks!

psusnoop
06-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Great to hear guys, I'm betting you were all happy to hear that they'll be flowing in tomorrow.

I'm with you guys, on a better safe then sorry approach. No need to push anything right now, keep the positive things flowing nicely for you and this site!

iBrandon
06-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Instead of my bothering you with questions, can one of you guys who gets a 360 copy just send it to me and I'll answer all my questions myself and I'll have it back to you in a few days? If one of you guys who got a PS3 copy want to send it to me, you'll have to send your PS3 with it, since all I have is a 360.

Thanks for being good sports and doing that. I'll PM you my address.

Thanks,
Brandon

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 11:17 PM

Geee thanks for the support :p

guess it pays off giving ben and those guys special favors;)

a week is a long way away for you all to hold info

Not when we had to hold the previous info for a couple months LOL

Not sure on the online....guess will find out tomorrow.

LuGer33
06-29-2010, 05:03 AM
Instead of my bothering you with questions, can one of you guys who gets a 360 copy just send it to me and I'll answer all my questions myself and I'll have it back to you in a few days? If one of you guys who got a PS3 copy want to send it to me, you'll have to send your PS3 with it, since all I have is a 360.

Thanks for being good sports and doing that. I'll PM you my address.

Thanks,
Brandon
I'll a flip a coin. Call it in the air!

texacotea
06-29-2010, 06:15 AM
CD does this mean we will have rosters the day the game drops? I dont know what else you would use these 2 weeks for anyway

randolph11
06-29-2010, 08:50 AM
I would love for you guys to post a video featuring Auburn with Malzahn's playbook. I 'm really anxious to see EA's interpretation!

Kwizzy
06-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Ok, I don't have a whole lot of time this week so here's a quick list of things I'd like to see/impressions I'd be interested in:

-Screenshots of the formations in Nebraska's Playbook. (I wanna start planning my formations subs!) And of course any videos featuring Nebraska are more than welcome. I'd also like to see some Auburn videos as I'll be using them in and Online Dynasty.

-Impressions/videos on the default pass rush and coverage on both Heisman and All-American difficulty. Also, thoughts/videos on the effects of the sliders on those aspects of gameplay.

-Videos of a highly rated DT and DE vs different Olineman (Highly rated/Average/Poor). I'd like to know if elite Dlineman can change the game or if the blocking improvements have made their ratings less important.

-Thoughts and posts with GAME STATS from games with different difficulties and qtr lengths.

-How are the stat overlays? Are they a little more frequent & relevant?

-How is the stadium atmosphere? Do the fans react any more appropriately to what's happening on the field?

That's all I've got for now, I'll try to post more as I think of them...

AustinWolv
06-29-2010, 10:33 AM
-Videos of a highly rated DT and DE vs different Olineman (Highly rated/Average/Poor). I'd like to know if elite Dlineman can change the game or if the blocking improvements have made their ratings less important.
+1. Good one.

gschwendt
06-29-2010, 10:40 AM

+1. Good one.
How about showing the highly rated DE & DT vs a high OL, a decent blocking TE, and a QB each lined up at either Tackle or Guard?

AustinWolv
06-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Or just use a high OL, a medium OL, and a frosh/low OL.
A TE is ok.

A QB? No, since that isn't on-field representative.

Kwizzy
06-29-2010, 10:48 AM
How about showing the highly rated DE & DT vs a high OL, a decent blocking TE, and a QB each lined up at either Tackle or Guard?

Well, I see what you're getting at with the QB but I would also like to see it just against a poor oline/olineman in general.... I mean the QB will have NO blocking skills whatsoever, the poor olineman should at least be semi-successfull once in awhile but should get beat most of the time. Also I'd like to see those elite dlineman vs double teams of different skill level. Maybe I'm asking too much here but those are just my thoughts.

gschwendt
06-29-2010, 11:01 AM
I'll see what I can do... just wanted to gauge how big of a spectrum of blocking skills you wanted to see.

Kwizzy
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I'll see what I can do... just wanted to gauge how big of a spectrum of blocking skills you wanted to see.

Yeah, i got what you were trying to do, & like i said, i wouldn't be opposed to seeing that i guess. I just would rather see how the interactions are in more realistic situations.

psusnoop
06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Will you be able to post the results of that offensive and defensive line comparisons? Can you edit the ratings to do the tests?

*Donation coming this week as well guys! Big props to a great site!

gschwendt
06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
It has arrived!

SmoothPancakes
06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
I hate you now. :(

HuskerBlitz
06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
You'd better not enjoy your first game too much. :mad:

Kwizzy
06-29-2010, 01:03 PM
im thoroughly disgusted with my life right now.... :(

psusnoop
06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Fire up Arkansas State and go to work. It's going to be a fun evening for you tonight, but please entertain us all with the updates and teasers as much as possible without overstepping the boundaries.

Deuce
06-29-2010, 01:29 PM
It has arrived!

Damn I'm jealous! Have fun!

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
It has arrived!

looks shopped' to me :p

beartide06
06-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Well that is a site that makes me envy you lol. It's not a real copy hahahaha jk ;)

steelerfan
06-29-2010, 02:14 PM
It has arrived!

EA's entire operation has just taken a HUGE step back! :mad:

Enjoy, but know we all hate you until 7/9.;)

steelerfan
06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
BTW, my request is a biggie.

Named Rosters for release day.

gschwendt
06-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Just played a game vs JBHuskers. Me using Michigan vs him using Nebraska in a Big 10 classic matchup. The Wolverines knocked off the Cornhuskers 17-16.

beartide06
06-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Just played a game vs JBHuskers. Me using Michigan vs him using Nebraska in a Big 10 classic matchup. The Wolverines knocked off the Cornhuskers 17-16.

Sweet that was a good close game. Can you say how many min quarters ya'll were using?

gschwendt
06-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Sweet that was a good close game. Can you say how many min quarters ya'll were using?
5 minute quarters.

Deuce
06-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Sweet...I like the low score.

I'm really trying hard not to hate you guys. :p

AustinWolv
06-29-2010, 06:15 PM

The future is now.

steelerfan
06-29-2010, 06:20 PM

Wow, NU can't even beat UM. They're going to really miss the Big 12 North. :p

spiker
06-29-2010, 06:21 PM
If it's not too much to ask, I have 2 requests for videos:

1. A quick rundown video that showcases the new dynasty features. Include the obvious things like recruiting and the new Dynasty Wire, if you can, and also try to include some unsung minor tweaks, like UI updates, new menus, and other little quirky things that weren't advertised and may not jump out at you but make the dynasty experience better on the whole. I think this would be highly requested video.

2. A montage video that showcases the new AI assignment blocking for run plays. You guys have access to Practice mode with the full version, so you can show us how counter plays look against Dime or Nickel 335, for instance. You don't have to be thorough, but I would ask that you group the running plays together - like draw plays, then Power O plays, cutback plays, shotgun running plays, etc. Utilizing different teams and playbooks would be a bonus but I'm really just interested to see the tweaks they've made to the full version regarding this new feature.

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 07:17 PM

Yeah it was a very competitive game. Don't get used to it Michigan fans ;)

champ195797
06-29-2010, 07:18 PM
BTW, my request is a biggie.

Named Rosters for release day.

If i had a copy i would work on that for you

AustinWolv
06-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah it was a very competitive game. Don't get used to it Michigan fans ;)
That is awfully nice of you. I didn't want to say anything about UM blowing out NU routinely, but if you are ok discussing it, all is fair.

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Tommy and I will now roll with our teams we're taking over in a quick pre-release Online Dynasty. We're going to do an exhibition right now of my team (Illinois) and Tommy's team (Northwestern), and Chris is taking over Michigan State. We'll post the score once we're done.

JeffHCross
06-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Hm, I'd take it you're doing a Big Ten OD, lol.

HuskerBlitz
06-29-2010, 08:16 PM

I think JB needs to turn in his man card and his copy of the game for losing to Meatchicken. :D

Flav
06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Michigan!!!!! I love you guys :) no homo.

joshuahuskers
06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
I have a request for a video. Some might think it is lame, but whatever.

Go into dynasty, and sim to the National Title. Play the BCS Championship, showing the pre-game and post-game...anything special? Trophy presentation, etc?

HuskerBlitz
06-29-2010, 08:26 PM

Go into dynasty, and sim to the National Title. Play the BCS Championship, showing the pre-game and post-game...anything special? Trophy presentation, etc?

Yeah, I wished they would do something special if you win the NC. Fireworks above the stadium, trophy presentation...something more than what we've had recently.

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Tommy & I were disconnected, but he had just scored to go up 17-10 at the start of the 4th.

Flav
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Are you guys using dynasty wire?

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Are you guys using dynasty wire?

We haven't started our dynasty yet, but posted a couple of articles that we just wrote up ourselves.

Flav
06-29-2010, 08:55 PM
We haven't started our dynasty yet, but posted a couple of articles that we just wrote up ourselves.

You guys can show your dynasty wire to the public, correct? like post your highlights so us members who don't have the game can see them. Big Ten right?

Jayrah
06-29-2010, 08:55 PM
So far low scores, this is good .... nay, GREAT news.

souljahbill
06-29-2010, 08:59 PM

Is that something you really wanna know right now as opposed to finding out whenever you make it to the game yourself?

gschwendt
06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
You guys can show your dynasty wire to the public, correct? like post your highlights so us members who don't have the game can see them. Big Ten right?
Trying to get clarification whether we can share it with everyone or not. I tried to search for it manually and was unable to find it so I'm assuming guys will need to have the direct link in order to see it.

joshuahuskers
06-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Is that something you really wanna know right now as opposed to finding out whenever you make it to the game yourself?

Yes. I might never make it myself. lol.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I just want you guys to know something. It would be bad enough if I had one of you on my friend's list and saw you playing NCAA Football 11. It's a whole 'nother issue when I have you all 3 on there and you're all 3 playing it. :D It just makes me want to play it 100x more.

Does the copy you guys have contain trophy support? If so, don't tell me...it'll just make it worse. :D

Flav
06-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I just want you guys to know something. It would be bad enough if I had one of you on my friend's list and saw you playing NCAA Football 11. It's a whole 'nother issue when I have you all 3 on there and you're all 3 playing it. :D It just makes me want to play it 100x more.

Does the copy you guys have contain trophy support? If so, don't tell me...it'll just make it worse. :D

I can answer this for them. The copy they received is just like the kind you buy from stores :p

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 10:11 PM

Sony hasn't turned on the support yet. Kinda like Tiger, probably not until the Monday before. I have two or three trophies right now.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 10:19 PM
I'll have to pull a few all nighters to try to get the platinum before y'all then. :D

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 10:21 PM
I'll have to pull a few all nighters to try to get the platinum before y'all then. :D

You'll see me on NCAA 10 sometime soon finishing that platinum :D I just have five or six Road to Glory games to do and it's mine. For me, getting a platinum in this game is more of a spring project LOL

Rudy
06-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Looks like Tommy has JB's number!

JBHuskers
06-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Looks like Tommy has JB's number!

Haha he usually does.

I will try to update post one today with some of the items we'll be able to take care over in the next nine days.

JeffHCross
06-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Looks like Tommy has JB's number!Tommy has everyone's number, at least usually at the beginning. And JB usually can't even beat me ... ;)

gschwendt
06-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Tommy has everyone's number, at least usually at the beginning. And JB usually can't even beat me ... ;)
Speaking of which, Arkansas State just defeated JBHuskers' Tulane squad 17-3.

JeffHCross
06-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Trying to get clarification whether we can share it with everyone or not. I tried to search for it manually and was unable to find it so I'm assuming guys will need to have the direct link in order to see it.

@Bumble14_OS
Follow the media dynasty on EAs dynasty website! Search EAMEDIADYN I will also have updates on Twitter/OS Facebook. Who will win?

JBHuskers
06-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Speaking of which, Arkansas State just defeated JBHuskers' Tulane squad 17-3.

With another disconnect....bah! But tonight they're doing heavy server tests with fake accounts, so we were half expecting it.

gschwendt
06-30-2010, 11:47 PM
@Bumble14_OS
Follow the media dynasty on EAs dynasty website! Search EAMEDIADYN I will also have updates on Twitter/OS Facebook. Who will win?
Yeah, but we were requested to hold off on sharing anything for now. Not sure if they're wanting to generate traffic to the media dynasty first or what. Either way though, we're still using it to track our ODs and will share with everyone as soon as we're given the green light.

Rudy
07-01-2010, 05:59 AM
That OD still doesn't show up for me.

Some good news though, Christian McLeod (Bumble14_OS), said that coaching contracts are IN online dynasty. So you can get hired and fired. He said the dynasty wire is incredible as are the phone calls. He also thinks Nebraska's offense sucks. Looks like he's right about everything!

texacotea
07-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Tommy has everyone's number, at least usually at the beginning. And JB usually can't even beat me ... ;)

uhh......going to have to say this isnt always true. Dont remind him about Troy.:cool:

Can you guys comment on the demo to retail fixes?

cdj
07-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Can you guys comment on the demo to retail fixes?

Once we hit the 9th, I think we can.

steelerfan
07-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Some good news though, Christian McLeod (Bumble14_OS), said that coaching contracts are IN online dynasty. So you can get hired and fired.

That is GREAT news!! That was my only big peeve with OD.

DariusLock
07-01-2010, 10:11 AM
My request are simple. Can I get a video of Ole Miss' entrance if they have one. Also I would like to see a couple plays with Randal Mackey running the wild rebel. He should be the 6' JR QB on the team.

Jcoop9
07-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I want to see a video of the Miami Entrance with the smoke and Texas A&M.

beartide06
07-01-2010, 11:00 AM
That is GREAT news!! That was my only big peeve with OD.

Really now? Would that work the same as an offline dynasty? I mean I guess it would have to. That is really good news to hear. I'm very happy about that.

razorback44
07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Tommy and I will now roll with our teams we're taking over in a quick pre-release Online Dynasty. We're going to do an exhibition right now of my team (Illinois) and Tommy's team (Northwestern), and Chris is taking over Michigan State. We'll post the score once we're done.

Couple quick questions JB. Does Illinois' playbook reflect the hiring of Paul Petrino, ie. is it the Arkansas playbook? Also, if one of you gets the chance, can you take a gander at the Arkansas playbook and let me know if they added a Pistol formation. If they did that then I will be the happiest guy on the internet!

Tarhead10
07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Man its going to kill me to look at this thread for another week.....:P

beartide06
07-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I wonder if we will be able to receive conference invites as well as being hired and fired in Online Dynasties? That's my question lol.

JBHuskers
07-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I will be recording some requests today. Right now I'm recording Nebraska vs. Nebraska Tech (my Teambuilder school).

DariusLock
07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
AHHH I need the dang game!

HuskerBlitz
07-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Can you guys check something fairly quickly? Do TB teams still have gray undershirts or are they team colored now?

Another thing, can you say if the stats are numbered like in years past or do we still have to count downward to see what our stat ranking is?

souljahbill
07-04-2010, 06:54 AM
I see there are 10 or 11 active online dynasties happening right now. Why no TGT dynasty why we wait?

Edit: Nevermind

Yeah, but we were requested to hold off on sharing anything for now. Not sure if they're wanting to generate traffic to the media dynasty first or what. Either way though, we're still using it to track our ODs and will share with everyone as soon as we're given the green light.

lsutig187
07-04-2010, 07:49 AM
How is crowd noise in the retail version? This is a problem that has always persisted in the next-gen games. Does it sound like a real stadium or does it sound like a high school game?

HuskerBlitz
07-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Any idea if Stadium Sounds have been added to TeamBuilder teams for more than just one condition?

razorback44
07-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Another question, is there any difference in the Pistol playbooks of Ohio and Indiana from Nevada? Thanks!

CLW
07-04-2010, 05:13 PM
My biggest questions are:

#1 - is the DB AI better in the retail version than in the demo

#2 - is a front 4/3 pass rush better in the retail version than in the demo

#3 - if either #1 or #2 problems still remain - would sliders actually help "fix" these issues

#4 - is there any "penalty" for setting your hum DL to "aggressive". i haven't seen my d-line jump offsides yet in the demo and they always "jump the snap"

#5 - is is still nearly impossible to get a user "big hit" with the "hit stick"? - i'm actually hoping this is the case

#6 - for me there were far too many fumbles in the demo - have you seen allot of fumbles in the retail?

Kingpin32
07-05-2010, 02:22 AM
It was brought up in another thread, but is dynamic attendance better this year?

Aglemar
07-05-2010, 11:05 AM

I would like to know this as well. I would also like to know if EA fixed the promise "win verses rivals" for teambuilder teams this year. Last year you could make the promise, but it always failed.

steelerfan
07-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Is the CPU's punting any different/better?

The CPU always punts horribly and gives away a ton of yardage because it has no "coffin corner" logic and it generally shanks too many punts.

Has this changed at all?

gschwendt
07-06-2010, 04:04 PM
I went through and added all of the questions & requests thus far to the original post. If you don't see your request or question, it's because someone either already asked or I might have just missed it. Keep asking your questions and we'll do our very best to cover all of them by Friday.

morsdraconis
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
If you have time, maybe sim two or three seasons ahead and see what type of recruiting teams did and how the player progressions are. How many 90+ players are there now? How many 99 overall players? Any recruits with 95+ speed and 95+ acceleration? Any WRs with 95+ speed that are 6'4" or taller?

Again, pretty in depth, and something I plan on doing myself as well, but I would love it if you guys could possibly touch on that.

souljahbill
07-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Here's a question

If you use a bowl stadium from a TB team, is it still split 50/50?

CLW
07-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Another question I just thought of. Could you just recruit several seasons at all of the different difficulties with a Powerhouse; "Middle of the Road" and a "Cupcake" and see what difficulties you feel get the most realistic results?

iBrandon
07-07-2010, 12:21 PM
FlightWhite at OS has a copy and is posting impressions.

AustinWolv
07-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Pretty basic info so far.

Rudy
07-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Pretty basic info so far.

Real basic and I don't think he played much of the demo. I haven't learned anything from 8 pages (20 posts per page) of impressions. Part of the problem is there are a TON of questions about things that have already been answered in the info thread. I really dislike these types of impressions. A guy posts he has the game and makes posts after very little playing time. I think it's much better to play about 3 games and then post some early impressions which are much more detailed and informative.

This is one huge advantage small sites have over bigger ones. Many people get to know each other (at least a little) and you get nothing but hardcore impressions. Way too much crap you have to wade through on larger sites. That said, I still want to read both positive and negative stuff - even Rhombic's Rants! (I'll take credit for the name of his future blog).

Kingpin32
07-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Real basic and I don't think he played much of the demo. I haven't learned anything from 8 pages (20 posts per page) of impressions. Part of the problem is there are a TON of questions about things that have already been answered in the info thread. I really dislike these types of impressions. A guy posts he has the game and makes posts after very little playing time. I think it's much better to play about 3 games and then post some early impressions which are much more detailed and informative.

Honestly, I wouldn't allow people to ask him questions until he posted up some random thoughts about the game. Once people start asking questions, the people who have the game won't have have time to post how they feel about the game.

AustinWolv
07-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I haven't learned anything from 8 pages (20 posts per page) of impressions.
This. The info provided seemed very 'casual' compared to what I was expecting.

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
If I had the game this early, I probably wouldn't even tell anyone so I wouldn't have to sift through dozens of idiotic questions. Or maybe, I'd come here and only answer questions for guys with a minimum post count. At least I'd know that someone with a lot of time here would know the basics and wouldn't ask a bunch of BS.

morsdraconis
07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Truthfully, I don't want to read anything anyone else has to say about the game. I want to play it for myself. No one plays the game like I do and no one has the same feeling about the game that I do so anything anyone could possibly say about it I have to take with a grain of salt because I just can't take it for anything else until I touch the game.

I read all the poor stuff about '10 and, yet, it's the best NCAA game I've ever played. Hell, I'm powering through seasons with it using Saint Augustus like it's nothing and I'm having a blast doing it. I would have played it non-stop from release day until now if it wasn't for the fact that job and other shit got in my way for a long time there.

razorback44
07-07-2010, 05:34 PM

Kingpin32
07-07-2010, 05:42 PM

I'll never support EA again if there is no dreads in this game!

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
The reports of holding on the kickoff team are not promising.

Deuce
07-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Truthfully, I don't want to read anything anyone else has to say about the game. I want to play it for myself. No one plays the game like I do and no one has the same feeling about the game that I do so anything anyone could possibly say about it I have to take with a grain of salt because I just can't take it for anything else until I touch the game.

Yep. :nod:

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Yep. :nod:

Someone found the smilies I just uploaded :nod: :smh: lol

JeffHCross
07-07-2010, 08:54 PM
If I had the game this early, I probably wouldn't even tell anyone so I wouldn't have to sift through dozens of idiotic questions.This.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 11:02 PM
If I had the game this early, I probably wouldn't even tell anyone so I wouldn't have to sift through dozens of idiotic questions.

Yeah like the dude that was wondering if some specific press box is in, you think that guy is going to answer that question? I'm sure he wants to dig right into the game instead of searching for a press box in a replay and trying to figure out if that is what the dude is talking about.

SmoothPancakes
07-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah like the dude that was wondering if some specific press box is in, you think that guy is going to answer that question? I'm sure he wants to dig right into the game instead of searching for a press box in a replay and trying to figure out if that is what the dude is talking about.

Yeah, I made that mistake with 08 when I got it the Friday before. I posted that I had it earlier, and of course, I spent all weekend answering random, odd, and sometime asinine questions from people just as if there were this color socks in the game or did they have this style of face mask or what the toughness rating of some 3rd string defensive end on Rice or something was. I'm never gonna make that mistake again. I get it early, I'm not telling a soul. I'll let people find out from it popping up on my played games list on my profile. :D

Granted, with this community, I think I could probably get away with it if I so chose to do so simply because I'd most likely get actually intelligent questions and not random ones that are simply a waste of time trying to find an answer to.

UGA14
07-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Is the game an INT fest? I'm playing the demo of FSU - Florida and the game has seen 9 INTs. What's amazing is I've thrown 6 and I almost never get picked off on Heisman.

Nothingface
07-07-2010, 11:59 PM
I definitely am curious on how the cpu will run the ball and the type of plays they call. Sick of sack fests because the cpu can't run a proper screen pass.

iBrandon
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
FlightWhite is reporting at OS that uniforms do not get dirty at all... WTF? While it's not a huge deal, why take that out?

AustinWolv
07-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I'll never support EA again if there is no dreads in this game!
ROFL

Kwizzy
07-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Hey guys can we get some videos of out routes tomorrow? I've noticed in the demo that corners get ridiculous jumps on my out routes & I don't know if it's because theyare highly rated or not. Since, there's no way to replay in the demo I haven't gotten a great look at it.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey guys can we get some videos of out routes tomorrow? I've noticed in the demo that corners get ridiculous jumps on my out routes & I don't know if it's because theyare highly rated or not. Since, there's no way to replay in the demo I haven't gotten a great look at it.

I did do a video on Heisman that will have some out routes on it.

Also did a Nebraska vs. Nebraska Tech video as well.

Got my ass handed to me in both games :D

randolph11
07-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Sorry if I missed this, but why can OS post threads about the retail version and no other site can?

Iron Dragon
07-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm excited to read your guys impressions possibly just minutes before I get my hands on the game (gotta hope it happens). Mail comes at like 12:30 on Fridays.

gschwendt
07-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry if I missed this, but why can OS post threads about the retail version and no other site can?
EA sent us our copies and as part of that we agreed on an embargo of details until tomorrow at noon eastern. The poster at OS that is sharing details purchased his copy from someone other than EA and therefore has no restrictions.

However, the copy that the OS site itself received is under embargo and so that person that received that copy can not share details until tomorrow.

Solidice
07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
FlightWhite is reporting at OS that uniforms do not get dirty at all... WTF? While it's not a huge deal, why take that out?

probably a casualty of the increased graphics, to keep the frame rates good.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 10:16 AM

probably a casualty of the increased graphics, to keep the frame rates good.

Linear lighting probably has something to do with it. Take it out this year to help make things run smoother, try to make it work for NCAA 12.

Aglemar
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Another question - did choice and/or read routes make it into the Run and Shoot playbook?

randolph11
07-08-2010, 03:47 PM
EA sent us our copies and as part of that we agreed on an embargo of details until tomorrow at noon eastern. The poster at OS that is sharing details purchased his copy from someone other than EA and therefore has no restrictions.

However, the copy that the OS site itself received is under embargo and so that person that received that copy can not share details until tomorrow.

Thanks, that makes sense.

UGA14
07-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Oh here's my question: Have they FINALLY fixed the pride stickers on Georgia's helmets? They touted this years ago as something cool but they haven't worked right on Georgia since the jump to next-gen basically, that or they broke it along the way... I forgot. Just curious if the dog bones show up on the helmets similar to the buckeye logo on Ohio State's helmets...

This just if any of you guys happen to play as or against Georgia before I get the game. Not a huge deal I'm just curious.

Flav
07-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Since I'm such a sweet heart can one of you capture gameplay of Michigan in the Big House for me <3 :)

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Since I'm such a sweet heart can one of you capture gameplay of Michigan in the Big House for me <3 :)

Did it in my Heisman mode game...the bad thing....I was Michigan and I don't play Heisman much :D

Flav
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Did it in my Heisman mode game...the bad thing....I was Michigan and I don't play Heisman much :D

Was it at the Big House!?!?

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 08:09 PM

Yes. Ohio State @ Michigan.

Nothingface
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm really looking fwd to you using the Miami Hurricanes vs San Jose State.

souljahbill
07-08-2010, 08:13 PM

I think that's what he's saying. He was Michigan, playing in Michigan and he got that butt beat because not only was he playing on Heisman (which he doesn't do) but he was playing as a team that's apparently not very good.

gschwendt
07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Looks like you get a double dose. I just captured Michigan State at Michigan for the Shotgun Triple Option footage.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I think that's what he's saying. He was Michigan, playing in Michigan and he got that butt beat because not only was he playing on Heisman (which he doesn't do) but he was playing as a team that's apparently not very good.

ba-da-bing!

JeffHCross
07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
I think that's what he's saying. He was Michigan, playing in Michigan and he got that butt beat because not only was he playing on Heisman (which he doesn't do) but he was playing as a team that's apparently not very good.Or, it was just because he was playing versus Ohio State. Clearly, the most important factor.

psusnoop
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
The news I'm hearing about the game is that after 24hrs and a 0 0 tie his computer was overloaded and couldn't record the ending.

JBHuskers
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I got beat pretty good with Nebraska Tech playing Nebraska too, that was on All-American though. I matched the Nevada roster for Nebraska Tech.

JeffHCross
07-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I got beat pretty good with Nebraska Tech playing Nebraska too, that was on All-American though. I matched the Nevada roster for Nebraska Tech.So, even after getting the game earlier than all the rest of us, I should still expect to be able to kick your butt ;)

Aglemar
07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I would like to see a video showing the post season in an online dynasty.

AustinWolv
07-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Or, it was just because he was playing versus Ohio State. Clearly, the most important factor.

I can't wait to smoke OSU on Heisman. Sounds like an immediate tasking for 7/13.

gschwendt
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I would like to see a video showing the post season in an online dynasty.
Are you wanting to see the BCS National Championship Game? Are you wanting to see how Bowl Games are handled in an OD? Are you wanting to see off-season recruiting?

JeffHCross
07-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm curious what is done with Teambuilder teams in regards to Team Entrances. Namely, do they use the Team Entrance for the stadium? For their Playbook? Or just a generic entrance that happens to be in that stadium? Or is it altogether skipped?

procops1
07-08-2010, 11:44 PM
please tell me the usc bowl ban is in the game.

gschwendt
07-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Locking this thread down for tonight. I'll open up the Q&A thread tomorrow and will have answers to your questions there.