PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC - 12/20/11)

JBHuskers
09-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Just announced was the release date.

There are going to be a lot fewer family Christmas dinners now :D

morsdraconis
09-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Meh, it's still a boring MMO. Until MMOs actual revolve around something besides boring ass fetch quests for the first 30 levels with the occasional dungeon crawl, they'll be something I'll never play. That, and there's no way in hell I can justify spending $15 a month on a game that I'll rarely be able to play because I'll have to work to be able to feed my habit. Seems a bit counterintuitive to me. If I was some loser that lived in my parents' basement, didn't have a job, and could do nothing but play it all day, that would be one thing, but to have to spend every waking hour on the game to actually get anywhere or do any of the supposedly fun things to do in the game, what's the point? I miss JRPGs. Why did JRPGs have to die?

DariusLock
09-25-2011, 11:37 AM
I would be more excited about this if it was more like SWG/Ultima Online where you can pick any profession in the galaxy. Making it an all action rpg is not a good move in my mind, you cut out people who love making crafters, smiths, and more.

JeffHCross
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
if it was more like SWGNo. No, no, no, no, no.

Personally, I don't like crafting and think it can have a negative impact on the game. Though I understand that some people prefer to play that way, and agree that the game shouldn't leave them out. So yes, long-term it would be good for TOR to have crafting/etc.

But the words "like SWG" should never be uttered about TOR. :D

DariusLock
09-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I just meant all the different profession tress. I played SWG for like one month and never touched it again, Ultima Online I even seem to keep coming back for like a month every few years.

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Weekend November 25-28: Anyone Who Signed Up Before Nov. 11 Will Be Invited

GatorfanStovy
11-17-2011, 04:00 PM
I wish these games were free online dam it.

Marlowe
11-18-2011, 06:14 PM
unfortunately I don't think 24 fps is going to cut it...played the weekend beta and I could tell my pc was struggling in some areas...oh well maybe if I upgrade later on ...

DariusLock
11-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Gah, I missed my beta invite when i was sick.

DariusLock
11-26-2011, 08:47 AM
If u signed up for swtor.com before 11/11/11 then you got a Beta Invite for this weekend. My group rolls out today in an hour...I'll report back with everything I notice about the game.