View Full Version : 2011-12 NBA Talk

Pages : [1] 2

JBHuskers
09-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Let's start the thread off with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

morsdraconis
09-23-2011, 01:25 PM
These guys couldn't be dumber. The NBA had it's biggest season in probably 15 years, and they're fighting over money.

ram29jackson
09-23-2011, 01:38 PM
until football season is over..no one cares LOL, theyll be showing shots at football games of NBA players attending LOL

I got odds on Kobe at an Eagles game !?!

Papa LoneStar
09-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Unless it's a Maverick game....I don't care until the final buzzer of the NCAA championship game.

JBHuskers
10-10-2011, 08:59 PM
1st two weeks of the regular season canceled :fp:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
10-10-2011, 09:05 PM
:fp:

Might as well just cancel the whole thing.

Way to go NBA. Way to completely flush down the shitter the massive amount of momentum that you garnered from last year's season and playoffs.

:smh:

JBHuskers
10-10-2011, 09:50 PM

Might as well just cancel the whole thing.

Way to go NBA. Way to completely flush down the shitter the massive amount of momentum that you garnered from last year's season and playoffs.

:+1:

morsdraconis
10-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Two weeks of the NBA gone, and $136 million dollars in revenue lost because of it. How dumb are these fuckin' douches? If I was a NBA player, I'd go to whatever country wanted to pay me the most money, and say to hell with the NBA.

JBHuskers
10-20-2011, 04:19 PM
From Midwest Sports Fans: Locked-out NBA fans, let me help you out: here is what college team you should root for based on your NBA allegiance http://su.pr/25bHxY

ram29jackson
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM
LOL no one cares, as long as football is going on, let it flounder, its not like i dont like b ball...but i wouldnt be suprised at a 40 game season LOL

SmoothPancakes
10-20-2011, 07:01 PM
LOL no one cares, as long as football is going on, let it flounder, its not like i dont like b ball...but i wouldnt be suprised at a 40 game season LOL

Maybe in your imaginary world. But in the real world, people do care.

ram29jackson
10-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Maybe in your imaginary world. But in the real world, people do care.

obviously, not enough for it to really matter. when the NFL was locked out, you heard about it every day.. i havent heard anything about the NBA...general consensus is, no one cares about NBA on a major level... i live in less of an imaginery world than anyone on this site.

JBHuskers
10-20-2011, 11:25 PM
obviously, not enough for it to really matter. when the NFL was locked out, you heard about it every day.. i havent heard anything about the NBA...general consensus is, no one cares about NBA on a major level... i live in less of an imaginery world than anyone on this site.

I've sure heard about it every day.

SmoothPancakes
10-21-2011, 12:11 AM
I've sure heard about it every day.

Yep, same here. I don't know what sports channels ram is watching or what sports websites he goes to, but the channels I watch and the websites I go to, the NBA lockout is a daily, constant topic, just like the NFL lockout was.

ram29jackson
10-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Yep, same here. I don't know what sports channels ram is watching or what sports websites he goes to, but the channels I watch and the websites I go to, the NBA lockout is a daily, constant topic, just like the NFL lockout was.

going to website means you had to work to find out about it..when something matters or is important to the masses, its there no matter where you turn.. sure, i'm a sports fan and you dont like to see this, but with NFL in full effect, it doesnt really help the NBA with the general sports consumer...and again, the void wont be noticed till January...and yes, I dont care that much cause i've my own problems... besides, the only question every year is whether the Lakers make to the finals again or not LOL 10 teams in the league may as well just fold and make a 68 game season LOL

SmoothPancakes
10-21-2011, 12:50 AM
going to website means you had to work to find out about it..when something matters or is important to the masses, its there no matter where you turn.. sure, i'm a sports fan and you dont like to see this, but with NFL in full effect, it doesnt really help the NBA with the general sports consumer...and again, the void wont be noticed till January...and yes, I dont care that much cause i've my own problems... besides, the only question every year is whether the Lakers make to the finals again or not LOL 10 teams in the league may as well just fold and make a 68 game season LOL

Oh yes, I really had to work hard going to espn.com and seeing it listed as the top one or two stories on the front page day after day, every single day of the week since the lockout began. :D Turn on any sports radio station. Turn on ESPN on TV. Go to espn.com or elsewhere. The NBA lockout is constantly being talked about on all of them. And again, just because you don't care that much doesn't mean there aren't lots of people around the country that do care. To say that no one cares, just because you don't care, is, to put it bluntly, stupid.

JBHuskers
10-21-2011, 12:56 AM

ram29jackson
10-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Oh yes, I really had to work hard going to espn.com and seeing it listed as the top one or two stories on the front page day after day, every single day of the week since the lockout began. :D Turn on any sports radio station. Turn on ESPN on TV. Go to espn.com or elsewhere. The NBA lockout is constantly being talked about on all of them. And again, just because you don't care that much doesn't mean there aren't lots of people around the country that do care. To say that no one cares, just because you don't care, is, to put it bluntly, stupid.

no, it just means you make the time to look up a trivial topic. Just because its listed as a top story on a web site doesnt mean its a top story in peoples conversation. Its sports related so they fill space with it along with other stories. Just because a site puts it at the top of a page doesnt mean its important to me or a majority of others. If its brought up in conversation its not dwelled upon, just past over to the next thing. If the season starts,..fine. If not, so what. No one i know has brought it up..unless and until they are actually playing the games on tv, its a waste of time to talk about it.

JBHuskers
10-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Again, it's a top story in a lot of conversations I'm having...

bdoughty
10-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I am trying to figure out who has the worst logic, Ram or Bryant Gumbel (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/10/bryant-gumbel-slavery-david-stern.html).

I know I am glad they cancelled Gumbel to Gumbel. ;)

JBHuskers
10-21-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PR_rzF8ofw

SmoothPancakes
10-21-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PR_rzF8ofw

Are you talking about Ram or Bryant Gumbel? :D

ram29jackson
10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
LOL :D you guys dont like my view, tough shit :D:P..especially you BD since its already established that youre a hypocritical attention whore..but the fact of the matter is, young athletes/ guys with millions against owners with millions and a sport striking or being locked out is the least important news of the day, whether people are interested in it or not...its trivial unimportant bullshit..I dont waste my time reading about a strike/lock out and neither does the majority, we just wait for it to end..no one gives a damn about the labor viewpoints of a young man making 6 digits and more..just shut up and entertain me on the court..even though 27 teams arent worth a damn and its just a matter of time before the Lakers make it to the finals multiple times again :D LOL...Stern is just a Jewish Mafia boss :D :D:D

:sf: have a good weekend Dudes !!!!

JBHuskers
11-10-2011, 03:50 PM
From ESPN 700 in SLC

No timetable for "announcement", could come tonight, could come tomorrow, but "positive news will come, deal is in place". #NBA

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Darren Rovell pretty much sums it up....

https://twitter.com/#!/darrenrovell/status/136161150395088897

morsdraconis
11-14-2011, 03:16 PM

The players are killing it. They are so far beyond greedy, it's ridiculous. They want their cake, their pie, and be able to eat them both. It's utterly disgusting to watch EVERYTHING that the league garnered last season destroyed by greed (all because shitty players want to be paid $50 million when they don't deserve $10 million and superstars want $100 million).

JBHuskers
11-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Sounds like the NBA is back!

morsdraconis
11-26-2011, 11:16 AM
It's a tentative agreement. Have to take it back to the players and let them vote on it. If they want to be good to go by Christmas though, it's gonna have to be a fast decision (like in the next few days, if I'm understanding it correctly).

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Rumors swirling around that the Celtics might be interested in trading Rondo to get Paul. Ugh, not sure how I feel about that. Rondo is my favorite player on the team, but if it means getting CP3.

morsdraconis
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Wow. Don't think I saw that one coming...

skipwondah33
11-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Immediately I would think that would be a win for the Celtics....but what Rondo lacks in shooting, he kind of makes up for with his rebounding and open court ability. Then again you typically don't want your PG to be so aggressive in rebounding the ball unless you have a system that allows him to be and for some one to be back to prevent the fast break.

Both can get to the foul line but Rondo isn't that great of a FT shooter either.

Both also distribute the ball well

SmoothPancakes
11-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Rumors swirling around that the Celtics might be interested in trading Rondo to get Paul. Ugh, not sure how I feel about that. Rondo is my favorite player on the team, but if it means getting CP3.

The Celtics say 'would you?' CP3 says oh hell no! (http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7297944/new-orleans-hornets-chris-paul-sign-boston-celtics-dealt-source-says)

morsdraconis
11-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Oh, poor CP3. God forbid you leave the shitty organization that is the Hornets and go to a REAL team and possibly win a ring. Nope, gotta stick with the shitty team where they think you're a god (instead of just a great facilitator with no real scoring ability).

skipwondah33
11-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Before even clicking that link I can tell you why he likely wouldn't. Boston is rather long in the tooth and signing with them long-term wouldn't be wise IMO, not to mention Doc likely not staying on much longer.

Just doesn't make much sense if he has the option to sign elsewhere with younger talent and better oppourtunity long term.

For one year though may not be a bad decision.

JBHuskers
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM
From CBS Sports:

NBA announces Christmas Day schedule: BOS-NYK, MIA-DAL, CHI-LAL, ORL-OKC, LAC-GSW

SmoothPancakes
12-02-2011, 09:30 PM
A hell of a Christmas Day lineup. Boston-Knicks, the Finals rematch, Bulls-Lakers and Magic-OKC right there are killer. Clippers-Warriors, meh, but still could be entertaining.

JBHuskers
12-02-2011, 09:52 PM
A hell of a Christmas Day lineup. Boston-Knicks, the Finals rematch, Bulls-Lakers and Magic-OKC right there are killer. Clippers-Warriors, meh, but still could be entertaining.

Lots of young talent in that Clippers/Warriors matchup. I'll definitely watch.

morsdraconis
12-03-2011, 12:15 AM
I might watch 'em. Depends on how much the teams are changed with the upcoming FA period/trade period.

Definitely some interesting things looming on the horizon for the NBA, even though they REALLY killed any momentum they had last year with a completely silly period of no negotiations at all from the players side of the ball only to basically get exactly what they had before.

SmoothPancakes
12-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Lots of young talent in that Clippers/Warriors matchup. I'll definitely watch.

I might watch 'em. Depends on how much the teams are changed with the upcoming FA period/trade period.

Definitely some interesting things looming on the horizon for the NBA, even though they REALLY killed any momentum they had last year with a completely silly period of no negotiations at all from the players side of the ball only to basically get exactly what they had before.

Yeah, I mean the Clippers/Warriors game is definitely on my radar, it'll just depend on how I'm feeling about the game come Christmas Day, and what, if any changes are made that will/could change the makeup of the teams.

JBHuskers
12-04-2011, 11:50 AM
The Heat are interested in Greg Oden according to sources. Really hope that guy can have a productive career going forward.

JBHuskers
12-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Sources say the Lakers want BOTH Howard and Paul.... :fp:

psuexv
12-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Sources say the Lakers want BOTH Howard and Paul.... :fp:

I could actually see this working though. More so than the Big 3 in Miami. Kobe would be the man, Paul would get him the rock and Howard would dominate the middle.

The main thing that would make this work is Kobe would still be the offense, Paul doesn't need to score to dominate a game.

SmoothPancakes
12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Interesting. Some rumors are that the Clippers are interesting in CP3 and Howard as well as the Lakers. Could have a little LA battle about to happen. I actually hope, if it were to come down to Lakers or Clippers, that the Clippers were able to steal those two away. I want to see the Clippers start becoming a good team and challenging the Lakers for top spot in LA each year.

morsdraconis
12-06-2011, 05:18 PM

psuexv
12-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Interesting. Some rumors are that the Clippers are interesting in CP3 and Howard as well as the Lakers. Could have a little LA battle about to happen. I actually hope, if it were to come down to Lakers or Clippers, that the Clippers were able to steal those two away. I want to see the Clippers start becoming a good team and challenging the Lakers for top spot in LA each year.

Yeah, if the Magic and Hornets want to get rebuilding talent for those two the Clippers are the team to deal with.

JBHuskers
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
With this packed 66-game schedule, there is going to be a lot of NBA to watch every night...I can't wait.

Just like with the NFL, I'm sure the NBA can get right back on track. No one talks about the NFL lockout anymore, it's business as usual.

NatureBoy
12-08-2011, 07:46 PM
:up::nod: CP3 to Lakers (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7333285/los-angeles-lakers-agree-trade-pau-gasol-lamar-odom-chris-paul-sources-say)

cdj
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
:up::nod: CP3 to Lakers (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7333285/los-angeles-lakers-agree-trade-pau-gasol-lamar-odom-chris-paul-sources-say)

Not so fast, my friend!

NBA commissioner David Stern has killed the New Orleans Hornets’ trade of Chris Paul after several owners complained about the league-owned team dealing the All-Star point guard to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Some owners pushed Stern to demand the trade be nullified, and the Hornets be made to keep Paul on the roster for the foreseeable future, sources said. A chorus of owners were irate with the belief that the five-month lockout had happened largely to stop big-market teams from leveraging small-market teams for star players pending free agency.

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=An5b2_qbzOerC0uFd3hezG05nYcB?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_lakers_hornets_nba_120811)

NatureBoy
12-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Not so fast, my friend!

NBA commissioner David Stern has killed the New Orleans Hornets’ trade of Chris Paul after several owners complained about the league-owned team dealing the All-Star point guard to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Some owners pushed Stern to demand the trade be nullified, and the Hornets be made to keep Paul on the roster for the foreseeable future, sources said. A chorus of owners were irate with the belief that the five-month lockout had happened largely to stop big-market teams from leveraging small-market teams for star players pending free agency.

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=An5b2_qbzOerC0uFd3hezG05nYcB?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_lakers_hornets_nba_120811): D Damn you David Stern, keep your big nose out of this!

morsdraconis
12-08-2011, 11:07 PM
No, fuck that! That trade is total garbage and I'm glad that Stern (and several of the owners of teams in the league) stepped out to stop that bullshit. What utter trash to see that shit being put out there.

JBHuskers
12-08-2011, 11:58 PM
That's funny how I saw Naitch's post and thought "not so fast my friend" as well :D

NatureBoy
12-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Now we know who was crying the loudest in Stern's ear.

Commissioner,

It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.

This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.

Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.

I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard. (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol who may become a max-salary player).

I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.

LINK to the article (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-nba_dan_gilbert_email_lakers_hornets_trade_120811)

morsdraconis
12-09-2011, 07:22 AM
He's absolutely right though. The amount of money that the Lakers and Houston would save from that trade compared to the players that they are getting (the Hornets get a whole mess of shitty players along with Gasol) is just ridiculous. Everyone is whining about the trade getting nullified, but the WHOLE POINT of the new CBA is to stop small market teams from getting fleeced by big market teams for their star players.

cdj
12-09-2011, 07:29 AM
He's absolutely right though. The amount of money that the Lakers and Houston would save from that trade compared to the players that they are getting (the Hornets get a whole mess of shitty players along with Gasol) is just ridiculous. Everyone is whining about the trade getting nullified, but the WHOLE POINT of the new CBA is to stop small market teams from getting fleeced by big market teams for their star players.

I see your point, but what happens now? Paul walks and the Hornets get nothing? Gilbert should know how that feels. CP3 wants out and NOH is trying to get something in return. That's smart.

His argument should have been built around the point that the league owns NOH and fellow owners should get approval/veto powers. I don't completely agree with that point myself, but his current argument reeks of sour apples - 'why do other teams have good management and we, I mean the rest, don't?'

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Sounds like a deal is almost in place to send Dwight Howard to New Jersey.

psusnoop
12-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Really listen carefully, around the 17 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gormoBYiIMM&feature=player_embedded

Here is the article.

http://floppingout.com/?tag=steven-a-smith-nigga

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 08:58 AM
From Darren Rovell:

Spoke to a banker today who also doesn't believe it's in the NBA's interest to move CP3 out until they sell the team.

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 09:10 AM
From Rachel Nichols:

Also got a couple texts from players noting that CP was only star player on union exec committee during labor talks and wondering...

...if this was 'punishment' from owners. Some of those mtgs got pretty heated.

NatureBoy
12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Sounds like a deal is almost in place to send Dwight Howard to New Jersey. I know they are moving to new arena in Brooklyn next season but why in the world would anyone want to go to the Nets?

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 09:54 AM
I know they are moving to new arena in Brooklyn next season but why in the world would anyone want to go to the Nets?

The new ownership has made it clear he is going to spend money to make the team compete. There is already one superstar on the team in Deron Williams, and some decent supporting cast members. Brook Lopez is a beast down low, but I bet he has to be part of the deal with Orlando.

Also, if Howard goes, one more fairly big name could follow him there. Also Howard wants to be in entertainment too...being close to New York enables him to do so.

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/468335967.jpg?Expires=1323447205&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=QxHcBU8IZ-7ZwtMCscQdXxbEYb2gKXRO84ejsEMkSGzCRifeelfAIe5KG4WT FMbE~SagPpqhRnnYIeJUXd1Q-1MjzLU0SPHeG1P7bCFYF25bn2CQhaK7Q2dGzR96gmPMCW7NwpB ZB187IQDSS6i2CKRabjZqtswTyYn48qNGRTo_

cdj
12-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Broken image, JB.

psusnoop
12-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Broken image, JB.

he was just speaking his mind :D:D

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Broken image, JB.

Twitpic and TGT don't like each other, it shows up on my end...one minute.

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 10:32 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/nbaamazing.jpg

psusnoop
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/nbaamazing.jpg

:clap:

steelerfan
12-09-2011, 11:37 AM
he was just speaking his mind :D:D

:D :nod: :clap: :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 12:47 PM
The Celtics get Brandon Bass from the Orlando Magic in exchange for Big Baby Davis. Not a bad deal.

morsdraconis
12-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Interesting. Bass is very much a poorman's Kevin Garnett so I can see the reason why they wanted him. Kind of a poor trade by Orlando considering they are losing Dwight. They're pretty much going to the wayside like Cleveland did after Lebron fucked 'em.

JBHuskers
12-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Interesting. Bass is very much a poorman's Kevin Garnett so I can see the reason why they wanted him. Kind of a poor trade by Orlando considering they are losing Dwight. They're pretty much going to the wayside like Cleveland did after Lebron fucked 'em.

But Cleveland got a couple of great draft picks this year.

Sounds like Orlando will get Lopez and two picks....so as long as they draft wisely.

SmoothPancakes
12-09-2011, 10:38 PM
They're trying again to get the CP3 trade through. Will be interesting to see what happens.

NatureBoy
12-10-2011, 07:29 AM
The new ownership has made it clear he is going to spend money to make the team compete. There is already one superstar on the team in Deron Williams, and some decent supporting cast members. Brook Lopez is a beast down low, but I bet he has to be part of the deal with Orlando.

Also, if Howard goes, one more fairly big name could follow him there. Also Howard wants to be in entertainment too...being close to New York enables him to do so. ;) What better place to get in the entertainment business than LA?

JBHuskers
12-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Looks like the Paul deal has been resubmitted to the league with some changes that were undisclosed, or in other words, there probably aren't any changes and the league is trying to save face after the beating they took for pulling the trade.

NatureBoy
12-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Source: Lamar Odom asked for trade.

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- After all he had done in his seven years for the Los Angeles Lakers, forward Lamar Odom was so hurt by being included in a three-team trade for Chris Paul that was vetoed by the league, that he requested a trade Friday, according to a Lakers team source.

His request was granted late Saturday night when the Lakers sent Odom to the Dallas Mavericks for an $8.9 million trade exception, as well as Dallas' 2012 first-round pick and possibly additional draft considerations, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Los Angeles, Houston and New Orleans agreed on a deal Thursday that would have sent Odom and Lakers forward Pau Gasol to New Orleans for Hornets guard Paul. Gasol would then have been sent to Houston for Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic and a 2012 first-round pick.

NBA commissioner David Stern nixed the trade shortly thereafter and said he was stepping in to protect the best interests of the Hornets, who are currently controlled by the league while it shops for a new owner for the franchise.

In the aftermath of the canceled deal, Odom skipped the Lakers first day of training camp Friday. He did, however, go to the practice facility to have a face-to-face meeting with general manager Mitch Kupchak, during which he expressed his desire to be traded, according to the source. Kupchak asked Odom to reconsider his position and told the 12-year veteran to think over his decision.

"You don't want to go to no place you're not wanted," Odom told the Los Angeles Times on Thursday.

Odom abstained from practicing again on Saturday, instead using the practice time to undergo his annual team physical. In a conversation with Lakers management on Saturday, Odom's agent, Jeff Schwarz, reiterated Odom's desire to be traded, according to the source.

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle spoke as if the deal was completed on Sunday.

"Right now, for me, having Odom, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, we may have the best forward trio in this league right now. And that's exciting," Carlisle said. "Lamar Odom is a guy we have great respect for as a person and as an all-around player in this league. We feel he's going to add so many different dimensions for us -- length, playmaking, scoring, experience, championship experience."

Regardless of whether the Lakers use the trade exception from Dallas in a subsequent trade, at the very least, the Lakers feel the trade allowed them to move a disgruntled player while saving close to $18 million in salary and luxury tax penalties, the source said. Another team source said there was also concern Odom would not have had as vital a role this season under new coach Mike Brown as he did under Jackson, when he was relied upon to activate the triangle offense when he was on the floor with the second unit.

Without those additional responsibilities, Odom becomes a very pricey substitute to retain on the roster.

Calls to Odom and Schwarz made by ESPNLosAngeles.com were not immediately returned.

Odom, 32, averaged 14.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game last season while shooting a career-high 53 percent from the field. He contributed to two championship-winning teams and was named the league's Sixth Man of the Year last season. He has spent 11 of his 12 season in the NBA in L.A. (seven with the Lakers, four with the Clippers).

While Odom opted to stay away from the team while the trades were still in flux, Gasol has continued to practice with the team in the interim. Gasol was present for the team's media day Sunday and even filmed a television promo for the Lakers' Christmas Day game against Chicago. He looked into a camera and declared, "We're back!" while wearing his No. 16 Lakers jersey.

"I don't think this is personal at all," Gasol said. "This is a business move, I think. The franchise is looking to do its best for the best interest of the franchise and the team. ... I'll just have to be professional. My wish is to stay here. I love being part of this team, this franchise, this city, their fans, everybody. So it's been during this last couple of days to have this uncertainty and insecurity. And probably, it's not over yet.

"I'm just going to be as professional as I can be and do my job and also just do what I love and play basketball and play with a team I like to play with."

Wow, Lamar really got all butt hurt over the trade talks. I guess he's trying to be a drama queen so he can fit in better with his in-laws.

SmoothPancakes
12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Meh, Lakers loss. They're definitely not getting CP3 now. If he can't go to Lakers or the Knicks, CP3 said he wants to go to the Clippers. Baby brother looks to be about to get better in LA.

JBHuskers
12-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Dallas just got more dangerous.

JeffHCross
12-12-2011, 07:21 PM
After looking at the trade that the league vetoed today, I'm not convinced that there is any "reasonable" trade that the league will accept. Good grief.

SmoothPancakes
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
The NBA/Hornets are trying to renew talks with the Clippers about CP3. The league is going to have to come way down on their demands if they want to make the trade. No way are the Clippers ever going to agree to a trade if the league tries to screw them up the ass while mugging them at the same time.

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Holy cow, I think Kendrick Perkins took Dexatrim in the offseason...

http://kwtv.images.worldnow.com/images/16309826_SA.jpg

morsdraconis
12-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Or some crack...

SmoothPancakes
12-14-2011, 06:21 PM
An agreement in principle reached to send CP3 from the Hornets to the Clippers for Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, and a 1st-rd pick (from MIN).

morsdraconis
12-14-2011, 06:27 PM
HOLY SHIT! That's WAY too much for Chris Paul (he has MAJOR knee concerns). Jesus christ Clippers...

JBHuskers
12-14-2011, 08:53 PM
HOLY SHIT! That's WAY too much for Chris Paul (he has MAJOR knee concerns). Jesus christ Clippers...

Yep. Lots of analysts said the same thing, plus giving up a 1 based on how Minnesota does this year.

Kwizzy
12-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Definitely too much to give up for CP3 at this point. On the other hand, if you're CP3 I think this is actually a better situation than the Lakers at this point. Griffin's talents are a much better compliment to CP3 than Kobe's would be. It's the same kind of thing the Heat ran into last year with Lebron & Wade. Both are ball dominant players and have never really had to play off of someone else. The Clippers have some serious potential with CP3 & BG as their base as long as they both stay healthy. I agree though, you have to keep either Gordon or that 1st rounder out of this trade or it just becomes too big of a risk.

ram29jackson
12-15-2011, 03:11 PM
..may have to actually take the Clippers seriously now.....it appears they are actually trying to do something?......or the season is so short, they know they wont do well and sold out for a large ticket attraction for the strike shortened season?

is that owner actually starting to care just a tinsy bit about winning ?

BCEagles
01-17-2012, 04:34 PM
12 out of 20 will be on the 2012 USA olympic roster:

LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers)
Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks)
Chauncey Billups (Los Angeles Clippers)
Chris Bosh (Miami Heat)
Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers)
Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks)
Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder)
Rudy *** (Memphis Grizzlies)
Eric Gordon (New Orleans Hornets)
Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers)
Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic)
Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers)
LeBron James (Miami Heat)
Kevin Love(Minnesota Timberwolves)
Lamar Odom (Dallas Mavericks)
Chris Paul (Los Angeles Clippers)
Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls)
Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat)
Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)
Deron Williams (New Jersey Nets)

JBHuskers
01-17-2012, 06:23 PM
My old ass Celtics are definitely showing their old ass age in this strike shortened season.

ram29jackson
01-17-2012, 07:06 PM
old D Fish still has some mojo left

BCEagles
01-17-2012, 08:30 PM
My old ass Celtics are definitely showing their old ass age in this strike shortened season.

lol, yeah, if they make the playoffs they'll be strong. My warriors aren't exactly doing too hot either, im a little bit pit pissed that monta ellis didnt make this list over odom too.

skipwondah33
01-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Blake Griffin's dunk on Kendrick Perkins was downright ugly...you will see it.

NatureBoy
01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0WsRJxAUxpc

morsdraconis
01-30-2012, 11:32 PM
:whoa:

psuexv
01-31-2012, 10:26 AM
He didn't even dunk it. He threw it in.

Now here are some dunks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qf4H3OR-7IE#t=48s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qf4H3OR-7IE#t=104s - this one is how you dunk over someone

psuexv
01-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Even though I hate Lebron, his the other night was more impressive to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJlp-nJSbr0

morsdraconis
01-31-2012, 10:34 AM
He didn't even dunk it. He threw it in.

Now here are some dunks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qf4H3OR-7IE#t=48s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qf4H3OR-7IE#t=104s - this one is how you dunk over someone

I completely agree. Vince always will be the best ingame dunker in the NBA. His dunks were artistic and VIOLENT.

That said, Blake is DAMN talented to be a PF and be able to do what he does. Too bad he has no other game to back it up.

morsdraconis
01-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Even though I hate Lebron, his the other night was more impressive to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJlp-nJSbr0

That doesn't impress me because it should be a foul. He kicked the dude in the back of the head. That's just unacceptable.

psuexv
01-31-2012, 10:39 AM
I completely agree. Vince always will be the best ingame dunker in the NBA. His dunks were artistic and VIOLENT.

That said, Blake is DAMN talented to be a PF and be able to do what he does. Too bad he has no other game to back it up.

No doubt that Blake is talented, I just didn't think it was the dunk that everyone is talking about.

skipwondah33
01-31-2012, 01:51 PM
No doubt that Blake is talented, I just didn't think it was the dunk that everyone is talking about.
He couldn't go through Perkins is why he had to throw it in.

Perkins is much bigger than Alonzo Mourning and he was trying to foul the shit out of Blake on that purposely. He wasn't going up for a block like Zo was, he looked like he was trying to "Bad Boys" Piston foul him. So of course all he could do was throw it in. Had Perkins tried to go for the block instead of the hard foul there is no doubt he would have thrown it down.

Perk is tough nose so how he defended it didn't surprise me, but he also didn't want to get dunked on like was going to happen.

JBHuskers
01-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Regardless if it was a dunk or a throw in, Perkins still got on a poster.

psuexv
01-31-2012, 02:35 PM
He couldn't go through Perkins is why he had to throw it in.

Perkins is much bigger than Alonzo Mourning and he was trying to foul the shit out of Blake on that purposely. He wasn't going up for a block like Zo was, he looked like he was trying to "Bad Boys" Piston foul him. So of course all he could do was throw it in. Had Perkins tried to go for the block instead of the hard foul there is no doubt he would have thrown it down.

Perk is tough nose so how he defended it didn't surprise me, but he also didn't want to get dunked on like was going to happen.

Not sure I agree with that. Perkins was coming over and tried to go up with both hands, he as just too late.

And yes JB, Perkins got postered. Just wasn't impressed with the dunk.

skipwondah33
02-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Not sure I agree with that. Perkins was coming over and tried to go up with both hands, he as just too late.

And yes JB, Perkins got postered. Just wasn't impressed with the dunk.
Yeah he tried to go up with both arms alright......to Blake's chest. Otherwise they wouldn't have came down/forward. Had he went straight up it likely wouldn't have been a foul and Blake would have slammed it home

Seen the Sports Science thing on ESPN last night. Those are always interesting to me lol

psuexv
02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah he tried to go up with both arms alright......to Blake's chest.

Looks like he's going for ball to me :)

http://p.twimg.com/Akl8uxuCIAAFAG0.jpg

skipwondah33
02-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah it does but from the video appears he was trying to prevent the dunk by his arms and body. Wonder if thats going to be one of the posters?

It still was pretty amazing given the little bit of ground Blake had to gather himself for the dunk with one power step. Can only imagine if he got a running start with the ball from the 3 point line.

psuexv
02-09-2012, 09:26 AM
And this is why I hate Lebron James

"I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James said. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.' "

psusnoop
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
And this is why I hate Lebron James

Couldn't agree more E

psuexv
02-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Couldn't agree more E

I actually agreed with most of his little interview about not apologizing to Perkins for tweeting about the dunk. But that last little part, he just thinks he's the shit.

psusnoop
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM
I actually agreed with most of his little interview about not apologizing to Perkins for tweeting about the dunk. But that last little part, he just thinks he's the shit.

He has always thought that, I just can never get past that mindset honestly.

skipwondah33
02-09-2012, 10:25 AM
He was absolutely right..he's the easy out, the lightening rod. The only reason Perkins mentioned him instead of the many other athletes who commented on the dunk.

Lebron had nothing to do with Blake turning him into a poster and non-stop Sportscenter highlight....but no wait Lebron commented on it like everyone else and now he's in the wrong.

I'm sick of bull shit like this

ram29jackson
02-11-2012, 01:59 AM
I am officially a Jeremy Lin fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBHuskers
02-11-2012, 02:28 AM
I am officially a Jeremy Lin fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're about 3 millionth in line.

ram29jackson
02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
You're about 3 millionth in line.

Actually, I think i should be moved up a little LOL.

before all this stuff went down ,when I got NBA 2k, I picked him as one of my NBA my-player characters (what ever its called where instead of creating a player,you use an NBA player and play his career) not knowing anything about him and just amused that it was an Asian dude

ram29jackson
02-15-2012, 07:08 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/322/tttk.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/tttk.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

ram29jackson
02-15-2012, 07:09 PM
http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/2794/cantdrive.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/cantdrive.jpg/)

ram29jackson
02-15-2012, 07:11 PM
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9987/linlinsanitysi.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/linlinsanitysi.jpg/)

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Ol' Lin starting to show signs of being shut down? Only 10 points tonight against Sacramento.

JBHuskers
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Ol' Lin starting to show signs of being shut down? Only 10 points tonight against Sacramento.

Oh it's okay. Every college halftime game led with what he did tonight :fp:

ram29jackson
02-15-2012, 10:23 PM

10 points is still not bench warmer status..I dont expect him to be a super star. Just a pro getting some decent time

SmoothPancakes
02-15-2012, 10:49 PM
10 points is still not bench warmer status..I dont expect him to be a super star. Just a pro getting some decent time

Apparently you're the only one. There have been articles and discussions amongst analysts on ESPN.com asking whether Stern should use his position as commissioner and put Lin in the all-star game THIS year. :fp: Good lord. The guy has had 7 great games, great yes, but 7 games and he's apparently an all-star now? Let him play a full season or two and see where his number rank up at. :fp:

ram29jackson
02-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Apparently you're the only one. There have been articles and discussions amongst analysts on ESPN.com asking whether Stern should use his position as commissioner and put Lin in the all-star game THIS year. :fp: Good lord. The guy has had 7 great games, great yes, but 7 games and he's apparently an all-star now? Let him play a full season or two and see where his number rank up at. :fp:

yes,but as you all know. If it sells NY/ NBA jersys world wide,thats all that matters.

ram29jackson
02-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Lins story isnt all that new or fascinating..except for the exceptional amount of early points...my point being,plenty of of guys fight to get in and finally make it..they had trouble figuring out where to put him,but he was considered good enough to make it...its a different example,but look at Kurt Rambis..he had a couple 10 day contracts with the Knicks and someone else and he could shooot and play hoops..but it was because his agent told him that he told the Lakers he would be willing to play Defense and get rebounds that he found himself a place on one of the winningest teams in the NBA..and he lead most players in the rebounding category for a couple seasons..its one of thr reasons you/we like sports...

of course Lin is a tad odd-er because he's an Asian with a 3.1 ivy league grade average LOL

SmoothPancakes
02-16-2012, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with him if ESPN wasn't sucking his dick every second of every day.

ram29jackson
02-16-2012, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with him if ESPN wasn't sucking his dick every second of every day.

what do ya' want man? its B-Ball season, its NY he's exploded like no one has in years for 4 games worth of points from out of seemingly nowhere and he's neither black nor white LOL or a white Euro LOL..until Gasol gets traded or the kid jut completely faulters, this will be the story...its how media works, I know you know that, so why bother typing how much you hate it? all the other news shows were W Houston all day, thats just how it goes...

SmoothPancakes
02-16-2012, 11:53 PM
what do ya' want man? its B-Ball season, its NY he's exploded like no one has in years for 4 games worth of points from out of seemingly nowhere and he's neither black nor white LOL or a white Euro LOL..until Gasol gets traded or the kid jut completely faulters, this will be the story...its how media works, I know you know that, so why bother typing how much you hate it? all the other news shows were W Houston all day, thats just how it goes...

Yeah, but Whitney Houston will fade out of the news after a couple days or a week or whatever. ESPN will continue with their lips firmly attached to Lin until either the end of basketball season, or until Bryce Harper makes the opening day roster for the Nationals, and then they'll attached their lips to him for 6 months until baseball ends. That's all ESPN knows how to do. They find someone, attached their lips to them, and suck it dry until either everyone in the nation hates the guy from all the non-stop coverage, or until the sport's season ends.

psuexv
02-17-2012, 09:07 AM

Yep, because then you get stupid stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvjfC3hBaNU

JBHuskers
02-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Nicki Minaj wants to hangout with him at the All-Star game....he should accept and slap that big booty.

morsdraconis
02-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Oh internets, how dumb you are.

skipwondah33
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
he should accept and slap that big booty.
lol

bdoughty
02-17-2012, 02:19 PM

Simple rule of thumb with ESPN. When there is not a game on, turn to anything else. I used to think Skip Bayless was the most annoying person on TV until they let Jemele Hill on the air. Good heavens, it is like having a female Al Sharpton on your broadcast.

My distaste for her started years ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/100304

Quite possibly the greatest race-baiter of our time.

bdoughty
02-17-2012, 02:22 PM
A good Q&A with Lin today at the NY Pos (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/with_jeremy_lin_yXOGZEaBBMwbUgCIgJ32ZP)t. I am betting he is going to pass on the video tramp above.

Q: Describe your ideal mate.

A: First she would really love God and be a faithful Christian, and then after that, I think, a desire to serve other people, to help with the underprivileged, do a lot of social work . . . great personality and easy to be around. Someone that’s definitely chill, low key, low maintenance.

ram29jackson
02-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Simple rule of thumb with ESPN. When there is not a game on, turn to anything else. I used to think Skip Bayless was the most annoying person on TV until they let Jemele Hill on the air. Good heavens, it is like having a female Al Sharpton on your broadcast.

My distaste for her started years ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/100304

Quite possibly the greatest race-baiter of our time.

:D its about womens sports,so no one cares anyway :D

SmoothPancakes
02-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Jeremy Lin fell down and went boom tonight. While he had a bunch of points, 9 turnovers hurts. Everyone is talking about the points he's scoring, but no one is saying anything about the 45 turnovers he's had in 7 games. Those TOs are going to bite him in the ass more and more beyond just tonight's loss to the Hornets.

morsdraconis
02-18-2012, 12:38 AM
With 9 TOs, dude would have to put up a 35-15-15 game for it not to be a bad night. 26-2-5 with 9 TOs just isn't good enough especially with a -8 +/-.

steelerfan
02-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Yep, because then you get stupid stuff like this

What a dumb cunt. More and more, the internet is making women obsolete. Who the fuck needs the headache, the nagging, the bitching, the whining, the period blood, the gold digging etc. when you can get the only thing they are good for, free of charge, on the internet?

SmoothPancakes
02-18-2012, 02:23 AM
With 9 TOs, dude would have to put up a 35-15-15 game for it not to be a bad night. 26-2-5 with 9 TOs just isn't good enough especially with a -8 +/-.

Yeah. And one game against the Lakers is about the only game against a team worth a damn in these last 8 games. I'm not buying into this guy until he has played at least 10 games against teams that are worth a damn. Chicago, Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, Denver, LA Clippers, OKC, Boston, LA Lakers, etc. I look forward to seeing how he manages to do against those teams than the likes of Toronto, Sacramento, New Orleans, Washington and so forth.

Also, as much as the Knicks are saying Lin is currently the main guy on offense, yeah right. He's about to become fourth fiddle. You get Amare, Carmelo, and J.R. Smith on the court at the same time, Lin will be lucky to make 10 shots for the whole game.

What a dumb cunt. More and more, the internet is making women obsolete. Who the fuck needs the headache, the nagging, the bitching, the whining, the period blood, the gold digging etc. when you can get the only thing they are good for, free of charge, on the internet?

:D :D :D

ram29jackson
02-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Yeah. And one game against the Lakers is about the only game against a team worth a damn in these last 8 games. I'm not buying into this guy until he has played at least 10 games against teams that are worth a damn. Chicago, Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, Denver, LA Clippers, OKC, Boston, LA Lakers, etc. I look forward to seeing how he manages to do against those teams than the likes of Toronto, Sacramento, New Orleans, Washington and so forth.

Also, as much as the Knicks are saying Lin is currently the main guy on offense, yeah right. He's about to become fourth fiddle. You get Amare, Carmelo, and J.R. Smith on the court at the same time, Lin will be lucky to make 10 shots for the whole game.

he'll adjust, he isnt worried about points..and I think it makes sense to say that the turn overs will balance out over time...look, he hardly got minutes till now, this is,for all intents and purposes, a live practice session for him, he is getting use to the pro speed and will turn the ball over till he gets it. Its not surprising or a negative,its how the course goes.

SmoothPancakes
02-18-2012, 05:33 AM
he'll adjust, he isnt worried about points..and I think it makes sense to say that the turn overs will balance out over time...look, he hardly got minutes till now, this is,for all intents and purposes, a live practice session for him, he is getting use to the pro speed and will turn the ball over till he gets it. Its not surprising or a negative,its how the course goes.

Except he's going to have teams start keying on him. He's shown plenty well what he can do. Teams aren't just going to sit back and watch him. They did that the first couple games when he was still coming out of nowhere. Now teams are preparing for him and will be ready for him. Plus, like I said, I'm more interested in how he plays and what kind of stats he puts up against teams that will be in the playoffs, contending for an NBA title, well above .500, etc.

If he can keep putting up as many points and do the same stuff against those teams as he has against Toronto, Washington, Sacramento, New Jersey and New Orleans, then I might start to believe he's the real deal. Until then, he's just the current "hot streak" of the season and could very well disappear back onto the bench and off of TV by early to mid-March.

As for the turnovers, he's had 7 games starting (8 games with major minutes) to get accustomed to the pro speed. He's averaging just about 6.5 turnovers per game, and just tied the season high of 9 against New Orleans, the second worst team in the entire league, his seventh game since starting. If the Hornets can make him turn it over 9 times, then I fear how many times he'll turn it over against a team like Chicago, Dallas, etc. We could see double digit turnovers in those games.

morsdraconis
02-18-2012, 11:09 AM

I'm not gonna lie, it's REALLY starting to get to that point with me.

ram29jackson
02-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Except he's going to have teams start keying on him. He's shown plenty well what he can do. Teams aren't just going to sit back and watch him. They did that the first couple games when he was still coming out of nowhere. Now teams are preparing for him and will be ready for him. Plus, like I said, I'm more interested in how he plays and what kind of stats he puts up against teams that will be in the playoffs, contending for an NBA title, well above .500, etc.

If he can keep putting up as many points and do the same stuff against those teams as he has against Toronto, Washington, Sacramento, New Jersey and New Orleans, then I might start to believe he's the real deal. Until then, he's just the current "hot streak" of the season and could very well disappear back onto the bench and off of TV by early to mid-March.

As for the turnovers, he's had 7 games starting (8 games with major minutes) to get accustomed to the pro speed. He's averaging just about 6.5 turnovers per game, and just tied the season high of 9 against New Orleans, the second worst team in the entire league, his seventh game since starting. If the Hornets can make him turn it over 9 times, then I fear how many times he'll turn it over against a team like Chicago, Dallas, etc. We could see double digit turnovers in those games.

LOL 8 games doesnt mean shit both ways, he's a human being. It can take a half, to full, to 2 seasons to fully understand the game and your functions/strengths /place in it.

psusnoop
02-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Lol at espn making an apology for using "chink in the armor" when talking about Lin's latest loss early this morning. It was live at 2:30am and removed by 3:05am I think I remember reading.

SmoothPancakes
02-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Lol at espn making an apology for using "chink in the armor" when talking about Lin's latest loss early this morning. It was live at 2:30am and removed by 3:05am I think I remember reading.

Oh for the love of God. :fp:

psusnoop
02-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Here is the link

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/02/espn-sorry-for-offensive-headline-about-jeremy-lin-new-york-knicks-new-orleans-hornets/1#.Tz_r4PW_lio

SmoothPancakes
02-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Fucking ridiculous and stupid. :fp: That's all people in this damn country can do anymore is find something or take something out of context so they can bitch about it being racist or it offending them. :fp:

bdoughty
02-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Oh for the love of God. :fp:

Apparently it is also extremely racy, according to the dude in the video below? Just look at the outrage. Dude, his best friend since Kindergarten is White. He will post a link to a Morgan Freeman video on Racism at the end, because he nobody teaches you more about morality than the guy who marries his Step-Grand Daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg6EMZIw5_c

Stupidity has taken over and is streamed daily on youtube.

Deuce
02-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Fucking ridiculous and stupid. :fp: That's all people in this damn country can do anymore is find something or take something out of context so they can bitch about it being racist or it offending them. :fp:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelerfan
02-18-2012, 06:16 PM

:D

NatureBoy
02-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah, but Whitney Houston will fade out of the news after a couple days or a week or whatever. ESPN will continue with their lips firmly attached to Lin until either the end of basketball season, or until Bryce Harper makes the opening day roster for the Nationals, and then they'll attached their lips to him for 6 months until baseball ends. That's all ESPN knows how to do. They find someone, attached their lips to them, and suck it dry until either everyone in the nation hates the guy from all the non-stop coverage, or until the sport's season ends. :up: I couldn't agree with you more. This is the very reason I can only watch ESPN in very small doses. From Farve to Tebow to Lin, their lips have been on overtime for a long time now. It makes me sick to my stomach.

SmoothPancakes
02-18-2012, 11:08 PM
:up: I couldn't agree with you more. This is the very reason I can only watch ESPN in very small doses. From Farve to Tebow to Lin, their lips have been on overtime for a long time now. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Yep. Farve, unfortunately, isn't over for ESPN. I can guarantee that ESPN will again be sitting there in the middle of the summer "will Farve try to return? Will he make another comeback attempt? Etc, etc". Tebow, while I personally wasn't tired out about all the talk about him with me being a Broncos fan, I was tired of hearing about Tebow when he was in college with Florida, so in the general sense, I can understand and sympathize with people about Tebow. Same old thing now with Lin, and as I said in that post you quoted me on, Bryce Harper for the Washington Nationals is next in line (just like with Stephen Strasburg in 2010). ESPN spends more time in the hype business than the sports/highlights business these days.

NatureBoy
02-19-2012, 11:11 AM
ESPN's Statement on offensive comments.

At ESPN we are aware of three offensive and inappropriate comments made on ESPN outlets during our coverage of Jeremy Lin.

Saturday we apologized for two references. We have since learned of a similar reference Friday on ESPN Radio New York. The incidents were separate and different. We have engaged in a thorough review of all three and have taken the following action:

• The ESPN employee responsible for our Mobile headline has been dismissed.

• The ESPNEWS anchor has been suspended for 30 days.

• The radio commentator is not an ESPN employee.

We again apologize, especially to Mr. Lin. His accomplishments are a source of great pride to the Asian-American community, including the Asian-American employees at ESPN. Through self-examination, improved editorial practices and controls, and response to constructive criticism, we will be better in the future.

bdoughty
02-19-2012, 01:06 PM
• The ESPN employee responsible for our Mobile headline has been dismissed.

• The ESPNEWS anchor has been suspended for 30 days.

Now that is Linsanity. Sticks and stones people. ESPN has always had a liberal mentallity and it continues to show.

bdoughty
02-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I would gladly take 7 turnovers a game if he keeps up those results. Great game today for the Knicks.

ram29jackson
02-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Yep. Farve, unfortunately, isn't over for ESPN. I can guarantee that ESPN will again be sitting there in the middle of the summer "will Farve try to return? Will he make another comeback attempt? Etc, etc". Tebow, while I personally wasn't tired out about all the talk about him with me being a Broncos fan, I was tired of hearing about Tebow when he was in college with Florida, so in the general sense, I can understand and sympathize with people about Tebow. Same old thing now with Lin, and as I said in that post you quoted me on, Bryce Harper for the Washington Nationals is next in line (just like with Stephen Strasburg in 2010). ESPN spends more time in the hype business than the sports/highlights business these days.

he was arguably one of the greatest if not the greatest college QB/Player in the history of the game..so what if you were tired of hearing about him ? it stands to reason you would hear about him considering the stats he put up.

...wheres the survey of Asian people, to see if anyone cares this happened ...?

ram29jackson
02-19-2012, 03:05 PM
some older black people still use the term negroe when referring to themselves....but a younger black person would consider that in bad taste or minorly racist....make up your freakin' minds

bdoughty
02-19-2012, 03:29 PM
he was arguably one of the greatest if not the greatest college QB/Player in the history of the game..so what if you were tired of hearing about him ? it stands to reason you would hear about him considering the stats he put up.

...wheres the survey of Asian people, to see if anyone cares this happened ...?

One of yes, I still put Tommy Frazier as the greatest college player in the history of the game. Trust me it pains me to say that as it was during a time when OU stunk up the field.

I always post the Racial Slur Database in times like these (http://www.rsdb.org/slur/apple).

Apple
Race: Blacks
Has to do with "hanging from a tree".

Race: Native Americans
Used by Native Americans as derogatory for other Native Americans who are red on the outside but white on the inside.

Words themselves are not offensive, the context they are used and/or interpreted make them offensive. Would a black doctor be offended by "An apple a day keeps the doctor away?"

From the Dictionary itself.

chink

noun
1.a crack, cleft, or fissure: a chink in a wall.
2.a narrow opening: a chink between two buildings.

verb (used with object)
3. to fill up chinks in.

That is the point the announcer was trying to make, it could have just as easily been used in regards to any other athlete.

http://www.randytusha.com/auctions/cparadise/politicallycorrect.jpg

steelerfan
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
some older black people still use the term negroe when referring to themselves....but a younger black person would consider that in bad taste or minorly racist....make up your freakin' minds

ESPN will never hire you now.

ram29jackson
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
ESPN will never hire you now.

blame the NFL network..their 3rd and long show about black people getting into football...a black player from the 50s or earlier said negroe when referring to himself or another guy.

...i forgot or didnt know that mixed marriages were illegal back then ...i wonder if that applied to all races or just whites with blacks?

psusnoop
02-20-2012, 08:12 AM
OK so Max Bretos who is the Anchor for ESPN for using the phrase "Chink in the armor" gets suspended. His wife is Asian so clearly the intent was not there atleast in my eyes yet he still gets suspended.

But not more then a couple of months ago Steven A. Smith drops the N word on live TV as well but nothing becomes of that?

To me this just shows how laughable ESPN is.

psuexv
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
SNL did a good job of summing it up

http://www.hulu.com/watch/331272/saturday-night-live-cold-opening-linsanity-postgame

ram29jackson
02-20-2012, 12:32 PM
the simple fact that you can do it on a comedy show, makes it a hypocritical double standard for society...LOL at suspending a guy with an Asian wife

JBHuskers
02-20-2012, 12:40 PM
the simple fact that you can do it on a comedy show, makes it a hypocritical double standard for society...LOL at suspending a guy with an Asian wife

And this type of thing with ESPN is new to you?

ram29jackson
02-20-2012, 02:32 PM
And this type of thing with ESPN is new to you?

no, i'm just being redundant..its not ESPN,its the whole freakin world.....I realized last night why stupid shows like "walking dead and Falling skies are so popular...we cant dare have a nemesis/antogonist who is real/factual/ or just a human contrived one because that is so biased and might offend someone.....I believe "walking dead" is popular,not because its a great show. Because quite frankly it isnt. Its popular in the same way people like to look at car accidents. Its just dumb,but its more that you can get away with not being your local network tv...if you tell me its popular with many people because it is actually a great show...I'll tell you that the majority are idiots then..turning a fictional idea into a drama you are supposed to care about ...youre dumb if you actually find it gripping or interesting or great tv....I like the "Asian nurse" on falling skies though....

SmoothPancakes
02-20-2012, 04:01 PM
no, i'm just being redundant..its not ESPN,its the whole freakin world.....I realized last night why stupid shows like "walking dead and Falling skies are so popular...we cant dare have a nemesis/antogonist who is real/factual/ or just a human contrived one because that is so biased and might offend someone.....I believe "walking dead" is popular,not because its a great show. Because quite frankly it isnt. Its popular in the same way people like to look at car accidents. Its just dumb,but its more that you can get away with not being your local network tv...if you tell me its popular with many people because it is actually a great show...I'll tell you that the majority are idiots then..turning a fictional idea into a drama you are supposed to care about ...youre dumb if you actually find it gripping or interesting or great tv....I like the "Asian nurse" on falling skies though....

There is so much :fp: in this comment, I feel like my head is going to explode. :fp:

psuexv
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM

So The Walking Dead is like a car accident? I'm sorry I'm failing to make this connection.

JBHuskers
02-20-2012, 04:03 PM
:D he's obviously never watched an episode.

bdoughty
02-20-2012, 04:25 PM
we cant dare have a nemesis/antogonist who is real/factual/ or just a human contrived one because that is so biased and might offend someone.....

Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for Feb. 6-12. Listings include the week’s ranking and viewership.

1. “Grammy Awards,” CBS, 39.91 million. (Chris Brown)

2. “NCIS,” CBS, 20.98 million. (Every week new human nemesis/antagonist)

3. “American Idol” (Wednesday), Fox, 19.33 million.

4. “American Idol” (Thursday), Fox, 18.13 million.

5. “The Voice,” NBC, 17.84 million.

6. “NCIS: Los Angeles,” CBS, 16.27 million. (Every week new human nemesis/antagonist)

7. “The Big Bang Theory,” CBS, 16.21 million. (Kripke, Christianity, Females)

8. “Person of Interest,” CBS, 15.14 million.

9. “The Mentalist,” CBS, 14.68 million. (Every week new human nemesis/antagonist)

10. “60 Minutes,” CBS, 14.25 million.

11. “Criminal Minds,” CBS, 13.31 million. (Every week new human nemesis/antagonist)

12. “Two and a Half Men,” CBS, 13 million. (Every week new human nemesis/antagonist)

13. “Modern Family,” ABC, 12.9 million.

14. “Unforgettable,” CBS, 11.86 million.

15. “Blue Bloods,” CBS, 11.82 million. (Every week new human nemesis/antagonist)

16. “2 Broke Girls,” CBS, 11.47 million.

17. “Smash,” NBC, 11.44 million.

18. “Mike & Molly,” CBS, 10.95 million. (Skinny people)

19. “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” CBS, 10.88 million. (Every week new human nemesis/antagonist)

20. “Rob,” CBS, 10.74 million. (The person who keeps giving Rob Schneider move and TV deals)

That is just the top 20 Broadcast shows. Throw in the rest and the stuff on cable and you would have more content that deals with real/human nemesis/antagonists than you could ever watch.

ram29jackson
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
you miss the point BD ...I'm talking about mass stereotypes and supposed hatred they feel the need to be sensitive about. Not stupid white trash tv shows and crime dramas and news stories...you fight aliens, you dont need to worry about who might sue you

"walking Dead"- the truth is guys,its a dumb show..Like I said, I dont give a damn what the ratings are,..people are stupid and will take what they are given.

yes JB, I have watched it, thats how I came to the conclusion...its so hilariously stupid trying to make drama series out of a dumb comic book concept and calling it great tv LOL..just a long running cheesey horror flick is all it is LOL

ok, so...didnt the Spurs win,the last time there was a strike shortened season?

the Lakers arent going to be much of a threat this year , I dont think...

SmoothPancakes
02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Once again. :fp:

bdoughty
02-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Once again. :fp:

I just have no idea how I could reply any differently then what Smooth put. I have never seen the Walking Dead myself but to call these people idiots for watching it, well it baffles me. Especially with all the crap being put on TV these days, pretty much anything bravo sticks on TV, same as MTV and does the world really need more than one show about Pawn Shops?

How about Mad Men? Plenty of stereotyping, racism, adultery, non-stop chain smoking, alcohol abusing, feminism and tons of other 'isms in that show, does that make it good tv?

Or is it this?

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/08/30/christina-hendricks-emmy-63.jpg

ram29jackson
02-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Heat vs Knicks tonight before all star break...couldnt plan it better then that

SmoothPancakes
02-23-2012, 11:38 PM
And the Knicks get battered by the Heat before the All Star break. And Lin REALLY falls down and goes boom tonight. 1-11 FGs, 8 points, a whole 3 assists, 8 turnovers, -19 +/-. Now that is hitting the wall.

ram29jackson
02-23-2012, 11:48 PM
And the Knicks get battered by the Heat before the All Star break. And Lin REALLY falls down and goes boom tonight. 1-11 FGs, 8 points, a whole 3 assists, 8 turnovers, -19 +/-. Now that is hitting the wall.

naw,thats just a relative rookie still learning

SmoothPancakes
02-24-2012, 01:32 AM
naw,thats just a relative rookie still learning

:D And just like the people on ESPN.com, making excuses I see. It's all talent and skill when he's throwing down 20+ points a night on the bottom feeders of the league, but when he plays a tough, better team and does bad, he's just "still learning". Which is it? Is it talent and skill (or the lack thereof in games against better teams) or is he still learning? It's one or the other. Otherwise it's just making excuses for shitty performances.

steelerfan
02-24-2012, 02:58 AM
:D And just like the people on ESPN.com, making excuses I see. It's all talent and skill when he's throwing down 20+ points a night on the bottom feeders of the league, but when he plays a tough, better team and does bad, he's just "still learning". Which is it? Is it talent and skill (or the lack thereof in games against better teams) or is he still learning? It's one or the other. Otherwise it's just making excuses for shitty performances.

Well, least he continues to set records for the most turnovers in the first X games to start a career. :D

SmoothPancakes
02-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Well, least he continues to set records for the most turnovers in the first X games to start a career. :D

You do have a point there. :D

Just glancing at stats in the NBA, right now, after seeing action in 34 games, Deron Williams and Russell Westbrook both lead the league with 142 turnovers, averaging 4.2 per game. In 21 games played, with only half of those coming as a starter, Lin is currently tied for 30th in the league for most turnovers with 76, averaging 3.6 per game.

Looking at just as a starter, Lin ranks 41st in the league for most turnovers, with 67 turnovers as a starter in just 11 games, averaging 6.1 per game. Still looking just at starters, Lin is the worst in the league for turnovers per game, with 6.1 per game in 11 starts. The next is Deron Williams and Russell Westbrook both tied with 4.2 per game with 34 starts.

And with 78 turnovers in 29 games, Amare Stoudemire is the only New York Knick with more turnovers than Lin for the entire season.

The guy may be able to drop 20-30 points on some of the weak teams in the league, but unless he can turn into Durant, Kobe, Rose, etc and drop 40+ per night, even against the best teams in the league, the amount of turnovers he is committing every game is completely negating any positive stuff he does on the court.

skipwondah33
02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
lol :+1:

JBHuskers
02-24-2012, 09:16 AM

He's safe though....Baron Davis was in the 0-for-8 area last night. At least at one point late in the game that I saw.

JBHuskers
02-24-2012, 09:17 AM
I said this on Twitter and Facebook earlier this week, but my opinion on Lin will be fully shaped with the last two games and next eight games where the teams they're playing have an average of a .600 win %. If the next eight games are like last night, you know the good teams have already figured him out.

morsdraconis
02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
I said this on Twitter and Facebook earlier this week, but my opinion on Lin will be fully shaped with the last two games and next eight games where the teams they're playing have an average of a .600 win %. If the next eight games are like last night, you know the good teams have already figured him out.

There's no "figuring him out". It's called playing good defense. The Heat, as much as I hate to say it, are the best defensive team in the league and they showed that against a Knicks team that is struggling to stop anyone. The Knicks need to stop allowing Lin to shoot the ball so much (or attempt contested drives into the lane so much) and get the ball to their superstars more. As much of a black hole as Melo is, the dude can make ridiculous shots when he's on and they need to feed him the ball. Jeremy Lin is a nice story, but the guy needs to do more safe passing and less crazy stuff.

All of this is on Mike D'antoni and the fact that the Knicks almost run nothing in the way of offensive sets. It's almost all one-on-one stuff hoping to draw double teams to setup jump shots for other players. It's an atrocious way to play basketball and it seriously hurts the Knicks' chances at doing much of anything this year and subsequently might cost him his job.

JBHuskers
02-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Well what I meant by figuring him out I meant, I'm not calling him an All-Star after that first ten game run, but on the same token I'm not going to call him a flash in the pan after last night's turd either.

ram29jackson
02-24-2012, 03:06 PM

what do you mean which is it ? he's a rookie learning,regardless of how good or bad he does. Media isnt my problem or basis for anything I say. His team lost to a championship caliber team..thats not a suprise..are you going to blame him entirely for it?

SmoothPancakes
02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
what do you mean which is it ? he's a rookie learning,regardless of how good or bad he does. Media isnt my problem or basis for anything I say. His team lost to a championship caliber team..thats not a suprise..are you going to blame him entirely for it?

Not entirely, but mostly. 1-11 shooing and 8 turnovers, most of the entire Knicks team and almost half of all Knicks turnovers. And based on the highlights I saw on ESPN, the Heat ended up with at least 8 points in easy layups and dunks off of those 8 Lin turnovers, maybe even more. Then you have Baron Davis and his 0-7 and Carmelo and his 7-20. Those are the goats of the night. But the 8 turnovers, with Miami scoring at least 8 points from what I saw off of those turnovers, makes Lin #1 in my eyes for being responsible and to blame in the loss last night.

NatureBoy
02-27-2012, 08:00 AM
The NBA really needs to find a way to get the "big dogs" to enter the Slam Dunk Contest. It's a crying shame guys like LeBron, D. Wade and D. Howard would rather sit on the side lines and wear their Steve Urkel glasses than actually be in the contest.

JBHuskers
02-27-2012, 03:24 PM
:nod:

morsdraconis
02-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Dunk contest hasn't meant anything since Vinsanity was in it. It's all retarded crap anyway. Every dunk that could be possibly done has been done and when someone comes up with something new (like dunking three balls at once or dunking a ball in two different rims at the same time) it's really not anything new and they don't ever get awarded for it (both of those dunks should have won the dude from the Wizards last year the dunk contest instead of Blake Griffin jumping over the hoop of a car and dunking the ball - it was rigged for him to win from the start).

psuexv
03-05-2012, 08:14 AM
With all of the talk over how people are so insensitive and racist with the Jeremy Lin stuff, how does the whole Kobe Bryant and Black Mamba get passed?

I find this extremely offensive

Lakers Ride Black Mamba to Victory Over Heat

No need to throw it in my face that he's probably more well endowed than I am :smh:

ram29jackson
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
With all of the talk over how people are so insensitive and racist with the Jeremy Lin stuff, how does the whole Kobe Bryant and Black Mamba get passed?

I find this extremely offensive

No need to throw it in my face that he's probably more well endowed than I am :smh:

who cares,it didnt help his marriage....

I really dont know if the Lakers beating the heat means anything in the long run...I dont think the Lakers have all the pieces this time for a realistic title run....?

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
ESPN NBA - Warriors to trade Monta Ellis to Bucks for Andrew Bogut, Stephen Jackson in 5-player deal - S. Smith

Well, that's gonna make my Warriors association in 2K12 interesting.

morsdraconis
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Well, that's gonna make my Warriors association in 2K12 interesting.

That's a TERRIBLE trade for them. Both players are coming off of injuries and haven't been very good this season. That's going to be a serious blow to the style of play that GSW plays. I just don't see it working in their favor at all.

SmoothPancakes
03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
That's a TERRIBLE trade for them. Both players are coming off of injuries and haven't been very good this season. That's going to be a serious blow to the style of play that GSW plays. I just don't see it working in their favor at all.

Yeah, I'm debating on whether to play with Golden State with Ellis still on the team or use the updated rosters with the trade gone through. I'm probably gonna stick with Ellis as I am at this moment creating the thread for my GSW association in the dynasty forum.

SmoothPancakes
03-22-2012, 12:19 PM
So the OKC Thunder just added Derek Fisher. Nice little addition there.

psuexv
04-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Skip - Thoughts on Blake's dunks last night over Pau?

morsdraconis
04-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Miami and Lewhine Blames can suck Boston's collective dicks.

JBHuskers
04-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Miami and Lewhine Blames can suck Boston's collective dicks.

I didn't have high hopes for this season with the lockout, the compressed season, the old team, but damn they're playing good ball right now. Only two games out of the 3rd spot when they were hovering around 7th not too long ago. I'd like the 3rd spot and play an Orlando team that definitely can be beatable with all of the off the court banter with Van Gundy and Howard.

skipwondah33
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Skip - Thoughts on Blake's dunks last night over Pau?I just now watched them after reading your post

I don't like Gasol so glad he got dunk on lol. The one off the miss was meh because Pau's back was turned.

On the other he did get hit with Blake's forearm pretty good..maybe if he didn't cry foul so much that call would have went in his favor. It should be noted that Bynum probably would have tried wiping Blake out if he was the one going for the block I think like he did Beasley.

SmoothPancakes
04-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, this may be a short postseason for me. Denver, if they somehow hold on to the 8th seed by pulling some wins out of the depths of their asses and hold off Phoenix and Utah, would have to play Oklahoma City in the first round. This winter/spring has sucked ass for professional sports. Jackshit from the Avalanche, and the Nuggets, if they hold on to make the playoffs, will probably get raped by OKC in the first round.

psuexv
04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
I just now watched them after reading your post

I don't like Gasol so glad he got dunk on lol. The one off the miss was meh because Pau's back was turned.

On the other he did get hit with Blake's forearm pretty good..maybe if he didn't cry foul so much that call would have went in his favor. It should be noted that Bynum probably would have tried wiping Blake out if he was the one going for the block I think like he did Beasley.

Yeah I agree with Gasol being a whiny bitch. Definite meh on the first one, Gasol was getting ready to go up for a rebound and pretty much got smacked from behind. The 2nd one, Blake just forearmed shivered him in the face and dunked on him. His dunks just aren't that impressive when you have to physically knock someone out of the way to get an advantage on them. You take out the forearm on his Perkins and this dunk and they are very impressive.

JBHuskers
04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I hate Gasol. He's in the whiny bitch hall of fame.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

NatureBoy
04-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Barkley: Lamar Odom's pay 'a joke'

DALLAS -- The only explanation Charles Barkley can come up with for Lamar Odom's short stint in Dallas is the 13-year veteran never got over his divorce with the Lakers. But it disgusts Barkley the Mavericks are on the hook for the remainder of Odom's salary.

Charles Barkley says Lamar Odom didn't earn his money with the mavs. He also confirms that Father Time remains undefeated and that Dirk Nowitzki is the latest victim.

"I always pull for the players, but the fact that they've got to pay him, I think is a joke," Barkley said during his Wednesday appearance on ESPN Dallas 103.3's Galloway & Co. "I mean, because he didn't earn his salary. He didn't earn it at all.

"I like Lamar as a person, but I'm disappointed about everything that happened in Dallas. And it's a shame that the Mavs got to pay him, to be honest with you, because he doesn't deserve to get paid for what he put out there this year. He doesn't deserve it, plain and simple."

The Mavs finally had enough of Odom's sulking, lack of effort and habitual tardiness and banished him from the team Sunday, less than 24 hours after a heated halftime confrontation where owner Mark Cuban questioned Odom's commitment.

Odom presumably will return to Los Angeles. Odom, who averaged career lows in almost every category, will make almost $1 million the rest of the season and is due a $2.4 million buyout payment in June.

"To sit at home and make that kind of money really pisses me off, to be honest with you, for the effort that he put out there," Barkley said. "He's going to make hundreds of thousands of dollars these next two paychecks. ... That's not fair to the Mavs. It's not fair to the game of basketball.

"I'm just disappointed in Lamar."

I agree, it's a joke the Mavs are on the hook for Lamar's pay. He's acted like a baby ever since the Lakers first wanted to trade him and Gasol to NO for CP3. The Lakers did him a huge favor by trading him to Dallas. They should have sent his whiny ass to the Bobcats for a gallon of Gatorade.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7802095/joke-dallas-mavericks-pay-lamar-odom-charles-barkley-says

psuexv
04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Dwight Howard to have season ending back surgery and says he won't play for Van Gundy anymore :smh: Why didn't he just get out of town when he could have?

SmoothPancakes
04-27-2012, 08:11 PM
I gotta agree with Bill Simmons here.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7863321/nba-playoffs-preview

21. Kenneth Faried, Arron Afflalo, and Ty Lawson

Look, it's not like you had to talk me into the nickname "The Manimal." But I couldn't be happier that it went to a legitimate NBA player — in this case, Faried, who was billed as a relentless rebounder/energy guy heading into last year's draft and exceeded that tag. He's Ben Wallace 2.0. If you're thinking about picking a Denver upset in Round 1, your three best reasons are Lawson (twice as fast as any Laker, and playing really well right now), Afflalo (the best two-way 2-guard right now other than Wade and Kobe) and the Manimal (a scary matchup for L.A.'s sometimes-lethargic frontline).

In theory, Lawson runs the Slowtime Lakers into the ground; Afflalo locks down Kobe; the Manimal eats up L.A.'s frontline; Denver's perimeter guys hit their 3s; the Nuggets' depth combined with the altitude wears down the Lakers; and suddenly we're looking at a first-round shocker (which is exactly what Barkley picked last night). Even if this looks good on paper, I can't see it happening — the Lakers dug out too many tight games and HTFDTWTO* games this season. This has all the makings of one of those "Denver loses in six even though they led all six games in the fourth quarter" series. God, I hate the Lakers.

*-The acronym for "How the fuck did they win that one????????????"

The Lakers are easily the favorites on paper, but with the cast of players the Nuggets have (Manimal, Lawson, Afflalo, and the many perimeter players who can sink a bunch of 3s), I could see Denver pulling it out in six or seven games if they're able to hold onto any late leads and put games away. Otherwise, I think Lakers end up winning in 6. I can't see Lakers taking it in only 4 or 5, Denver is good enough to take at least two games.

JBHuskers
04-29-2012, 02:13 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Derrick_Rose_03.jpg/220px-Derrick_Rose_03.jpg

=

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ce835xgr1rtdkg6o1_500.jpg

souljahbill
04-29-2012, 03:12 PM
They call me MR. Glass!

JBHuskers
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bosh.gif

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2012, 01:26 PM
They call me MR. Glass!

They should be calling Amare Stoudemire that. :fp:

psuexv
05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hRUjB1JLCzo/T6AqnusFOkI/AAAAAAAAXBw/yt4_EeTKYoA/s440/amare.gif

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2012, 03:48 PM

JBHuskers
05-01-2012, 03:52 PM
What a dumbass.

ram29jackson
05-01-2012, 04:43 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-hRUjB1JLCzo/T6AqnusFOkI/AAAAAAAAXBw/yt4_EeTKYoA/s440/amare.gif

I dont get it ? what happened and whats the "mr GLass" joke ?

JBHuskers
05-01-2012, 04:53 PM

I think I need a sighing smiley.

SmoothPancakes
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

steelerfan
05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

"It is ram we're talking about. :fp: "

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
05-01-2012, 07:57 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/156521_431384530223410_367810133247517_1510395_354 530602_n.jpg

ram29jackson
05-01-2012, 09:30 PM
i'm glad you guys have all day to watch tv and know all this crap like its really important :D..cut the mocking and just answer the question,sheesh

SmoothPancakes
05-02-2012, 06:00 AM
i'm glad you guys have all day to watch tv and know all this crap like its really important :D..cut the mocking and just answer the question,sheesh

:fp: You don't have to watch tv all day. Turn on a sports radio station for 5 minutes. Check out Yahoo Sports, ESPN, SI.com, or any other website that has a sports section for even just 30 seconds.

JBHuskers
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/NBAMEME.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-04-2012, 01:14 PM

I'll see your Scalabrine picture and raise you this one:

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/538633_433104776718052_367810133247517_1513344_142 256672_n1.jpg

JBHuskers
05-04-2012, 01:25 PM

Brilliant!

morsdraconis
05-04-2012, 03:02 PM

That was Scalabrillant!

JBHuskers
05-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Mavs vote for Lamar to NOT get his share of the playoff bonus. Good.

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Oh shit. Blake Griffin just went down in the late 3rd quarter clutching the knee. He's sitting up and bending the knee some, but after Rose went down for Chicago, if Griffin went down as well, damn...

Griffin now walking off the court under his own power and over to the bench, so maybe just tweaked or pulled something, doesn't appear to be anything serious. But damn, could have lost a second star from the playoffs if Griffin was down with something serious.

And when he walks back out onto the court to take his free throw shots and be able to play for the rest of the game, the Memphis fans immediately start booing him. Typical.

JBHuskers
05-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Griffin and Paul will be in pain, but can play through it I'm guessing. If it goes back to Memphis though, they're done.

morsdraconis
05-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Good. Fuck the floppin' pussy.

souljahbill
05-10-2012, 06:45 AM

Watch the movie, "Untouchable" with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson.

SmoothPancakes
05-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Watch the movie, "Untouchable" with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson.

So after souljahbill replied, that made me think about what ram said. So what ram is saying is he has no time to watch ESPN, listen to sports on a radio station or even look at ESPN.com, but he has all the time in the world to constantly drag up random ass youtube videos and watch random ass youtube videos of random ass people playing NCAA and Madden. Hmm.....

SmoothPancakes
05-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Way to fucking suck it up tonight Denver. Enjoy sitting at home the rest of the postseason you hacks.

JBHuskers
05-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Way to fucking suck it up tonight Denver. Enjoy sitting at home the rest of the postseason you hacks.

Pau and Bynum combined for 20 OFFENSIVE rebounds :fp:

morsdraconis
05-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Pau and Bynum combined for 20 OFFENSIVE rebounds :fp:

They still didn't outrebound Denver though. 54-50 in Denver's favor.

I'd say the real problem was that Gallinari and Miller combined for an absolutely TERRIBLE 2-19 from the field.

JBHuskers
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Clippers win a playoff series for the second time since moving to LA.

SmoothPancakes
05-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Clippers win a playoff series for the second time since moving to LA.

They took the rough road to do it. Not sure they're gonna make it past San Antonio, even if SA is one of the older teams.

ram29jackson
05-14-2012, 01:37 PM
:fp: You don't have to watch tv all day. Turn on a sports radio station for 5 minutes. Check out Yahoo Sports, ESPN, SI.com, or any other website that has a sports section for even just 30 seconds.

:) just because you are paying attention to it doesnt mean I need to... I'm a sports fan..doesnt mean I need it 24/7 around me..I've got plenty of other things on my mind lately..just sayin'...

..its the NBA ..I'm in LA..all I need to do is wait for the finals and see if a yellow and purple uniformed team made it in again LOL...although this year, I see them falling off earlier

SmoothPancakes
05-14-2012, 01:42 PM
:) just because you are paying attention to it doesnt mean I need to... I'm a sports fan..doesnt mean I need it 24/7 around me..I've got plenty of other things on my mind lately..just sayin'...

..its the NBA ..I'm in LA..all I need to do is wait for the finals and see if a yellow and purple uniformed team made it in again LOL...although this year, I see them falling off earlier

Well, then don't sit there asking everyone to tell you what we're talking about when it's something that is all over the place and you could easily know exactly what it is we're talking about in 30 seconds of reading or watching TV, instead of sitting there posting random ass youtube videos nonstop day in and day out and saying you don't have the time to spend 30 seconds reading ESPN.com or watching a sports news channel.

ram29jackson
05-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Well, then don't sit there asking everyone to tell you what we're talking about when it's something that is all over the place and you could easily know exactly what it is we're talking about in 30 seconds of reading or watching TV, instead of sitting there posting random ass youtube videos nonstop day in and day out and saying you don't have the time to spend 30 seconds reading ESPN.com or watching a sports news channel.

thats the other problem with trying to interact with people in the internet age..i'm interacting, I'm giving you an opportunity to share something if you want to..you can be called just as lazy for saying why dont you google it yourself.. I dont need to, its not that important..i'm trying to interact with other humans,not just the information they can or cant provide....you say, it only takes this amount of time to do whatever..well yes..it takes that time..and I want to take that time on that thing that I want to..not what you think I should..i'm asking another human being a question..either answer it or dont..dont critique whether it can be googled or not..i'm not researching every piece of info I come across...I consider sports on tv and radio the mainstream media...I go on the internet for the underground media..and thats where i focus on while on it. most of the time, i'm listening to social political/talk radio because sports radio is so cliche and repetative, so i may not get all the stupid up to date tid bits till later...

the internet is a big media waste of time so I will choose to waste it where I want to, not where you think I should LOL :D

JBHuskers
05-17-2012, 09:12 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/fat-sixers-fan.gif

ram29jackson
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
at the end of it all, I doubt the unofficial LA holiday will happen this year

morsdraconis
05-17-2012, 03:41 PM
What's sad, I seriously thought that was a chick and not a guy...

psuexv
05-18-2012, 08:30 AM
And the Heat are down 2-1 :nod: Can't believe Wade last night.

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 08:56 AM
LOLOL about 30 or so seconds in watch bench player Lance Stephenson doing the choke signal after Lebron missed a Free Throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afZ4gHZLZ-Q

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 10:07 AM
:D that's awesome. Of course Baby Bron Bron will get blamed for last night; though Wade shot 2 for 13.

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Ah, it's always going to be Bron's fault no matter what isn't going right.

Hey Dwayne, your shoe is untied...........fucking Bron :smh:

ryby6969
05-18-2012, 11:42 AM
That is what happens when you win 3 MVP's but no championship.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Heat not practicing today :D

Guess they're too busy crying in the corner.

psusnoop
05-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Heat not practicing today :D

Guess they're too busy crying in the corner.

Practice, we talking about Practice.....

Christ that team doesn't need practice. Wade and Bron shot enough already.

JBHuskers
05-18-2012, 12:47 PM
That team needs a pacifier and a warm bottle of milk.

SmoothPancakes
05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
All you have to do is look at these last two games to realize Lebron and D Wade aren't the key player on that team. It's Bosh. When Wade was injured, they were still winning games left and right. Whenever Bosh was out or injured. They had a big time sub-.500 record. Bosh is what makes the world go round down in Miami. Without him, Bron and Wade are fucked.

NatureBoy
05-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Lakers win in a close one last night. If they hadn't blown Game two Wednesday night, they would have a 2-1 series lead. The Staples Center is really getting a workout this weekend. Kings game Thursday night, Lakers game last night, Clippers and Lakers game today. Kings game tomorrow afternoon followed by Clippers later that night.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/olympics/story/_/id/7945186/staples-center-bracing-los-angeles-kings-los-angeles-clippers-doubleheader

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Lakers win in a close one last night. If they hadn't blown Game two Wednesday night, they would have a 2-1 series lead. The Staples Center is really getting a workout this weekend. Kings game Thursday night, Lakers game last night, Clippers and Lakers game today. Kings game tomorrow afternoon followed by Clippers later that night.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/olympics/story/_/id/7945186/staples-center-bracing-los-angeles-kings-los-angeles-clippers-doubleheader

And it gets even more busy/complicated. Per ESPN:

The final stage of the Amgen Tour of California is set to finish in front of the building Sunday morning, just 30 minutes before the start of the Kings game.

You have 6 events in four days as well as a cycling race finishing in front of the arena just 30 minutes before the hockey game gets underway. Good lord.

And from the same ESPN story, official word is if the Kings game goes multiple overtimes and delays the start of the Clippers game too long, the Clippers will get bumped to Monday night.

souljahbill
05-19-2012, 07:18 PM
If only E3 were this week too....

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2012, 07:20 PM
If only E3 were this week too....

:D If E3 was this week too, in addition to all of the sporting events going on this weekend, it could have been the biggest clusterfuck downtown LA has ever seen.

ram29jackson
05-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Lakers are done..Bynum is a joke

SmoothPancakes
05-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Lakers are done..Bynum is a joke

Lakers were done after OKC went up 2-0 in the series. And thank god. I hate the fucking Lakers.

souljahbill
05-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I hate the fucking Lakers.

+infinity

#SpursFanSince1990