View Full Version : 2011-12 NBA Talk

Pages : 1 [2]

JeffHCross
05-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Can the Heat get extinguished next?

SmoothPancakes
05-20-2012, 05:15 PM

Not sure. They just won today to tie the series 2-2. I truly think Indiana had to win to take the 3-1 lead to be able to close out the series. With Miami tying it up 2-2, I have to believe that the Heat have the advantage from here on out.

Granted, it did take LeBron scoring 40 points and Wade scoring 30 points for Miami to pull out the 8 point win.

JBHuskers
05-20-2012, 09:56 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/LebronJordan.jpg

ram29jackson
05-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Lakers were done after OKC went up 2-0 in the series. And thank god. I hate the fucking Lakers.

LOL no, you just hate being a fan of a loser :D

ram29jackson
05-20-2012, 10:44 PM

:D nice sorta/kinda' play on words there

SmoothPancakes
05-20-2012, 10:47 PM
LOL no, you just hate being a fan of a loser :D

It looks like the Lakers who are doing all the losing right now.

ram29jackson
05-20-2012, 11:16 PM
It looks like the Lakers who are doing all the losing right now.

lets see...second round of playoffs this year...going to the finals something like 15 times over the last 30 years....I can live with them not being great for a few years LOL...and the L.A. Kings may pick up the Lakers slack anyway :D

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 03:12 AM
Regardless, the Lakers (and most Lakers fans) can kiss my ass and roll over and die. I have yet to meet a Lakers fan in person who wasn't a douchebag or a jackass and who I didn't consider the possibility of 25 to life for murder not worth it.

But the Lakers and their fans aren't alone. I hold the same contempt for the Yankees and Red Sox in baseball and the Patriots and Cowboys in football. All their fans annoy the fucking hell out of me. And I couldn't care less about success they have or haven't had. It comes down to their fans and players. Their fans all annoy the hell out of me, their players annoy the hell out of me.

And as for hating the Lakers because "I hate being the fan of a loser", uh, no. If I gave even a tiny bit of a damn about hating being a fan of a loser team, I wouldn't sit here being a fan of the Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, University of Denver (though they are damn good in hockey and lacrosse and have been good recently in basketball), Navy's basketball team, etc, all my life.

If anything, Fremantle in the Australian Football League is a perfect example. I've adopted Fremantle as the team I root for in the AFL. They've been playing since 1995 and have never won a Premiership. The highest they've ever finished in the final table was 3rd back in 2006, and only four times in their 17 seasons of playing have they finished in the top 10, with an average finish of 11th place. 8 of their 17 seasons, they've finished 13th or lower (out of 16 teams). If I cared about or was so concerned with teams that win, I would have picked either Carlton or Essendon (who have both won 16 premierships) or Collingwood (who has won 15).

I'd rather be a fan of these teams that win based on growing their talent (look at the Rockies World Series run in 2007) as opposed to going out and spending millions and billions every single year just simply signing the best talent and trying to buy championships like the Yankees (also part of the reason I hate the Yankees).

NatureBoy
05-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Lakers are done..Bynum is a joke I agree, the Lakers are done tonight but Pau is the joke, not Bynum. Trade his ass asap. I could still kick David Stern in his fat ass for nixing the Chris Paul trade at the start of the season. If it had been any other team besides the Lakers, he wouldn't had a problem with it. Also, be sure and fire Mike Brown. I knew that was a mistake he I first heard he was hired as head coach.

skipwondah33
05-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Also, be sure and fire Mike Brown. I knew that was a mistake he I first heard he was hired as head coach.Me too...he fails to make adjustments, been saying that since the Cavs were getting smoked by the Pistons.

On another note, I hear Lebron had a pretty decent game yesterday

JBHuskers
05-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Van Gundy fired at Orlando. His win % was 66%. But when Dwight Howard is your GM, I guess your job isn't safe.

Now I think the Van Gundy brothers should join Mike Breen in the announce booth. That could be entertaining.

morsdraconis
05-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Van Gundy fired at Orlando. His win % was 66%.

This firing was a long time coming. Van Gundy was the reason why there were even hints at Dwight leaving Orlando. Van Gundy's style does not work in the NBA anymore, especially when you have someone that's lazy like Dwight to build the team around.

Dwight is the most gifted basketball player I've seen since Hakeem, but he refuses to use his quickness for anything related to post moves. It's pathetic to watch him waste the immense talent that he has on the absolutely abysmal arsenal that he calls his post moves. :smh:

ram29jackson
05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
I agree, the Lakers are done tonight but Pau is the joke, not Bynum. Trade his ass asap. I could still kick David Stern in his fat ass for nixing the Chris Paul trade at the start of the season. If it had been any other team besides the Lakers, he wouldn't had a problem with it. Also, be sure and fire Mike Brown. I knew that was a mistake he I first heard he was hired as head coach.

LOL do you not watch the news ? Bynum is a psycho, whiny, moody,childish, dumb ass..its a team game, I dont think Gasol is any form of a problem

steelerfan
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
i'm glad you guys have all day to watch tv and know all this crap like its really important :D..cut the mocking and just answer the question,sheesh

:) just because you are paying attention to it doesnt mean I need to... I'm a sports fan..doesnt mean I need it 24/7 around me..I've got plenty of other things on my mind lately..just sayin'...

thats the other problem with trying to interact with people in the internet age..i'm interacting, I'm giving you an opportunity to share something if you want to..you can be called just as lazy for saying why dont you google it yourself.. I dont need to, its not that important..i'm trying to interact with other humans,not just the information they can or cant provide....you say, it only takes this amount of time to do whatever..well yes..it takes that time..and I want to take that time on that thing that I want to..not what you think I should..i'm asking another human being a question..either answer it or dont..dont critique whether it can be googled or not..i'm not researching every piece of info I come across...I consider sports on tv and radio the mainstream media...I go on the internet for the underground media..and thats where i focus on while on it. most of the time, i'm listening to social political/talk radio because sports radio is so cliche and repetative, so i may not get all the stupid up to date tid bits till later...

the internet is a big media waste of time so I will choose to waste it where I want to, not where you think I should LOL :D

LOL do you not watch the news ?

:fp:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Deuce
05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
BUSTED!

That's pretty funny. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 03:44 PM
:D

JBHuskers
05-21-2012, 03:50 PM
The funny thing. He was claiming he doesn't have time to watch the news in regards to something from....

THE NBA PLAYOFFS

ram29jackson
05-21-2012, 03:58 PM
you guys are so basic.. I watch what I want when I want..but it also doesnt take long for me to comprehend what I'm looking at. Doesnt mean I need to know what you know, when you know it either :D

The part you are missing Steelerfan is..natureboy is in South Carolina..he doesnt get all and extensive Lakers news as I do...number 2, all you need to do is reference previous actions by Bynum when things dont go his way...Saturday night, I only watched the end of the game and you saw Bynum treating the ball like a hacky sack/soccer ball, bouncing it on his foot, like he is in his own happy little world. Thats not a focused individual.

I'm no hypocrite, I do what I want when I want. That means I dont need to do it or know it the same way you do :D

ram29jackson
05-21-2012, 04:01 PM
The funny thing. He was claiming he doesn't have time to watch the news in regards to something from....

THE NBA PLAYOFFS

its not a question of " dont have time "..its , I do what I want when I want,if I want.

NatureBoy
05-21-2012, 07:31 PM
LOL do you not watch the news ? Bynum is a psycho, whiny, moody,childish, dumb ass..its a team game, I dont think Gasol is any form of a problem No, I actually watch the games. If you did you would know Pau hasn't done shit in the playoffs the past two years while Bynum has been putting up career numbers this season.

JeffHCross
05-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Regardless, the Lakers (and most Lakers fans) can kiss my ass and roll over and die. I have yet to meet a Lakers fan in person who wasn't a douchebag or a jackass and who I didn't consider the possibility of 25 to life for murder not worth it.I know ..... one.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I know ..... one.

Are you talking about Naitch on here? If you are, I'm cool with him, he's actually a reasonable and logical fan. Take him liking the Raiders. As a Broncos fan, I HATE the Raiders. But I respect Naitch and me and him have had some great football (and non-football) discussions in the past. Ram, that's a different story, but that's partly because it's ram and he makes me :fp: on a regular basis.

As for that part of my post, I was referring specifically to the people I know in person from high school, college, work, etc that are some of the most annoying, arrogant, douchebaggish fans I know.

baseballplyrmvp
05-21-2012, 09:10 PM
lets go thunder! beat the fakers!

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
lets go thunder! beat the fakers!

:nod:

baseballplyrmvp
05-21-2012, 09:16 PM
what i really want though, is for miami to lose too. lol i hope lebron becomes the best player in nba history to never win a championship. :D

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 09:40 PM
what i really want though, is for miami to lose too. lol i hope lebron becomes the best player in nba history to never win a championship. :D

The only remaining team I would have any interest in watching in the Finals would be OKC. Don't care for the Spurs, Celtics or Miami, hate the Lakers, the 76ers, meh, same with Indiana.

ram29jackson
05-21-2012, 10:24 PM
No, I actually watch the games. If you did you would know Pau hasn't done shit in the playoffs the past two years while Bynum has been putting up career numbers this season.

it doesnt matter how many games you watch..Bynum can get all the numbers he wants, it doesnt matter. He doesnt help in producing a winner when its crunch time and its been all too obvious for too long. He is not a winner.

And Gasol is a quality player..the problem is Kobe and always has been..he's a great individual player but he is nothing more than this era's Dominique Wilkins.

He has just been lucky enough to be on the Lakers who made an effort to get the winning ingredients around him in his past. But its not working anymore. To say they are losing because of Gasol is rediculous. Bynums just another jock who is only as good as ther other parts around him but he cant carry or motivate himself or anyone else...they were obviously willing to get rid of him the beginning of the year but it didnt happen..and I'm aware that Gasol was trade baite too but he was definitely more of an asset than the moody kid Bynum has always been.

career numbers dont mean shit..its how you react in crunch time ..and Bynum falls apart when it matters most. He is a head case and a detriment.

Thats fine if you are a Hawks player or a Nugget, but not in LA where its Championship or bust.

NatureBoy
05-21-2012, 11:08 PM
it doesnt matter how many games you watch..Bynum can get all the numbers he wants, it doesnt matter. He doesnt help in producing a winner when its crunch time and its been all too obvious for too long. He is not a winner.

And Gasol is a quality player..the problem is Kobe and always has been..he's a great individual player but he is nothing more than this era's Dominique Wilkins.

He has just been lucky enough to be on the Lakers who made an effort to get the winning ingredients around him in his past. But its not working anymore. To say they are losing because of Gasol is rediculous. Bynums just another jock who is only as good as ther other parts around him but he cant carry or motivate himself or anyone else...they were obviously willing to get rid of him the beginning of the year but it didnt happen..and I'm aware that Gasol was trade baite too but he was definitely more of an asset than the moody kid Bynum has always been.

career numbers dont mean shit..its how you react in crunch time ..and Bynum falls apart when it matters most. He is a head case and a detriment.

Thats fine if you are a Hawks player or a Nugget, but not in LA where its Championship or bust.

You keep watching the news and I will keep watching the games.

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 11:11 PM

SmoothPancakes
05-21-2012, 11:16 PM
So long Lakers! The Kings are LA's only hope of any title this year. Thank you Oklahoma City for sending the Fakers home with their tails between their legs.

And two things I take from watching this series.

A: The Lakers are FUCKED the day Kobe Bryant retires. Goodbye Kobe, hello mediocrity.

B: With the Bulls, Thunder, Grizzlies, Pacers (if they keep improving) and Heat all either at the top of the league or climbing the ladder season by season, I'm predicting that the Lakers will never win another championship during the rest of Kobe's career.

ram29jackson
05-21-2012, 11:24 PM

I obviously described them quite well..that said, there will probably be a losers riot tonight LOL

theyll clean house again this off season,,but it looks like another interim dry spell is coming.

JBHuskers
05-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I love to watch the Lakers lose....but much like Tiger, my stance on liking Kobe has gotten better as I've gotten older. But as a Celtics fan, and friends with bragging Lakers fans, it's in my DNA to laugh at things like last night.

JBHuskers
05-22-2012, 12:31 PM
This is Adam Morrison :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/AdamMorrison.jpg

ram29jackson
05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
This is Adam Morrison :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/AdamMorrison.jpg

Duuuuuuude

I heard about it on Rome and was going to google, but you jumped on it.

ram29jackson
05-22-2012, 01:03 PM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/phil-jackson-1970s-basketball-card-.jpg

JBHuskers
05-22-2012, 01:12 PM
That's one pimping stache.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
05-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Golden State is moving from Oakland to San Francisco. Not any time soon though....by 2017.

NatureBoy
05-22-2012, 08:34 PM
I obviously described them quite well..that said, there will probably be a losers riot tonight LOL

theyll clean house again this off season,,but it looks like another interim dry spell is coming. Keep watching TMZ, LIVE with Kelly or whatever the hell you watch because you are a basketball genius. The Lakers need to fire Mitch Kupchak and get you on the job asap. The fate of the Laker Nation is in your hands. Do us proud O wise one.

SmoothPancakes
05-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Keep watching TMZ, LIVE with Kelly or whatever the hell you watch because you are a basketball genius. The Lakers need to fire Mitch Kupchak and get you on the job asap. The fate of the Laker Nation is in your hands. Do us proud O wise one.

:D :D :D

And Naitch shows and proves why he is one of the few Lakers fans (as well as being a rival as a Raiders fan) that I can respect and am cool with.

steelerfan
05-22-2012, 08:52 PM
:D:D:D

TMZ.

:D:D:D

ram29jackson
05-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Keep watching TMZ, LIVE with Kelly or whatever the hell you watch because you are a basketball genius. The Lakers need to fire Mitch Kupchak and get you on the job asap. The fate of the Laker Nation is in your hands. Do us proud O wise one.

Bynum has been a non-factor when its counted most..either because of injury or immature mental breakdowns.

who knows? they may well give him one more chance. But he's one of those guys who believes his own hype and doesnt understand championship ball.

his good regular season numbers just make him one of many who do the same. Come post season that doesnt matter

JBHuskers
05-23-2012, 02:35 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/shooters.jpg

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 08:22 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/shooters.jpg

http://courtvisionanalytics.com/
Here's the website those come from originally JB, not sure if you've seen it or not. Great stuff on there.

JBHuskers
05-24-2012, 08:47 AM
I hadn't ... they do have some cool shit on there!

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 08:51 AM
I hadn't ... they do have some cool shit on there!

I HATE your boy Paul Pierce but I'll be damned if his chart isn't one of the most impressive. He has NO blue spots, shoots a decent percentage from everywhere he shoots.

JBHuskers
05-24-2012, 08:52 AM
I HATE your boy Paul Pierce but I'll be damned if his chart isn't one of the most impressive. He has NO blue spots, shoots a decent percentage from everywhere he shoots.

Don't mess with THE TRUTH!

Kwizzy
05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Don't mess with THE TRUTH!

TRUTH & his boys better get their shit together before Saturday or Jrue & the crew are gonna piss all over them again. Apparently, it's rhyme time with KY now... :D

JBHuskers
05-24-2012, 09:18 AM
TRUTH & his boys better get their shit together before Saturday or Jrue & the crew are gonna piss all over them again. Apparently, it's rhyme time with KY now... :D

Well it should have been expected last night. As you may have seen, the Celts are (now) 2-11 in closeout games on the road the past five years in the playoffs.

I'm sure they get the job done Saturday. I hope Bradley is healthy enough to play, don't really want to see any more of Dooling on the court. :fp:

JBHuskers
05-24-2012, 11:04 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/juwan.jpg

JBHuskers
05-25-2012, 09:48 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/childrenplease.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
05-25-2012, 10:11 AM
lol

skipwondah33
05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
lmao that was funny

SmoothPancakes
05-30-2012, 07:26 PM
And the Hornets steal the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA Draft from Charlotte.

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
And the Hornets get the #1 pick via a rigged draft lottery in the 2012 NBA Draft from Charlotte.

Fixed.

Kinda suspicious that the league just recently owned the Hornets and sold them to the Saints owner.

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 07:58 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/Brooklyn.gif

morsdraconis
05-30-2012, 08:16 PM
That's atrocious. I REALLY don't like how the NBA does the draft selection process. So what if teams decide to tank for a player. It's happening now even with this retarded rule, but the team that's not the worst ever (Bobcats) is picking ahead of them. Total bullshit.

JeffHCross
05-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Reply on BleacherReport to that GIF:

how is it bad luck that something that had a 25% chance of happening didn't happen. that's 1 in 4. in case you didn't catch that, it means it was twice as likely that it wasnt going to happen than the chance that it was.:fp:

JBHuskers
05-30-2012, 10:12 PM
:D :D :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/ChrisBoshFamilyReunion.jpg

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 08:25 AM
This definitely isn't the first time that people have thought the NBA Draft Lottery is rigged.

Everything about this clip is more awkward than it ever should have been.

The guy tossing the envelopes into the hopper blatantly slams one against the side—possibly to dent the envelope, if conspiracy theories are to be believed.

David Stern then "randomly" picking out the winning envelope in one of his earlier television appearances, when he looks like the guy who awkwardly introduces the president before his speeches, and seems to search for the right one.

Finally, when Dave DeBusschere finally sees the Knicks have the top pick there's a moment of excitement and then relief, like he wasn't sure it was going to come through.

Everyone ends up felling slimy and awkward in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bX1kMlG8c7Y

ram29jackson
05-31-2012, 10:25 AM
yeah sure, theres a conspiracy.....? give it a break guys ..the NBA isnt pro wrestling LOL

JBHuskers
05-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh there has been PLENTY of "odd" things happen under the watch of Stern. Last night just added to it.

ram29jackson
05-31-2012, 03:02 PM
Oh there has been PLENTY of "odd" things happen under the watch of Stern. Last night just added to it.

I'm aware of it all

baseballplyrmvp
06-03-2012, 10:13 PM
lets go boston!

ram29jackson
06-03-2012, 11:52 PM
lets go boston!

yep, that was pretty interesting tonight

JBHuskers
06-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Another pimpin' shirt tonight from Westbrook...

http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/7fb8a320aec711e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

morsdraconis
06-05-2012, 05:11 AM
LOVE that San Antonio is getting killed by the younger and hungrier team. LOVE. IT.

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 12:28 PM
LOVE that San Antonio is getting killed by the younger and hungrier team. LOVE. IT.

whats to love? its just the nature of sports,its always going to happen.

That said, the Spurs are still in it and have been a more quality organization as far as attitude than the Lakers for the lst few years.

And Popovich has kept his job while having to be just behind the lakers for numerous years. The Lakers have won Championships but still have to keep shuffling to find and keep the quality coaches and deal with the whiney prima donna jocks..while the Spurs just keep winning with no drama like a well oiled machine, but sometimes not enough of talent or breaks to get past the Lakers..but Duncan is getting older as well as other guys and thats just the way it goes.

that said..being that its a strike/lock out year and a short season and teams couldnt fully prepare and practice at the start of the season. It definitely helps to be a younger,faster team to just run over people for 50 games before they know what hit them......and the geezer Celtics are still fighting too LOL

I've always been a garnett fan

morsdraconis
06-05-2012, 12:43 PM
whats to love?

I love it because I remember all the idiots declaring that the series was over because San Antonio won the first two games of the series. I love it because I fuckin' detest Manu Ginobli and Tim Duncan with all of my being. I've never seen two players whine at refs more than they do (though Wade and Lebron are getting there) and it's disgusting to watch. I love it because the circle jerk that the media had over how San Antonio played against the Thunder was just ridiculous.

See it here right now, it's gonna be OKC vs Boston for the finals. Boston is going to go into Miami tonight and continue to dominate like they have since game 2 of that series (where a TOTALLY bullshit non-call cost them the game).

SmoothPancakes
06-05-2012, 12:47 PM
And Popovich has kept his job while having to be just behind the lakers for numerous years. The Lakers have won Championships but still have to keep shuffling to find and keep the quality coaches and deal with the whiney prima donna jocks.

That's what happen when you have Kobe as your star player. Sure he's a great player, but your team chemistry is completely fucked with him.

skipwondah33
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Boston is going to go into Miami tonight and continue to dominate like they have since game 2 of that series (where a TOTALLY bullshit non-call cost them the game).This series has been nothing but alot of bull-shit calls against both sides lol

Wish I had the video of the one last game featuring Ray Allen. He was probably fouled along the baseline but stepped completely flat footed out of bounds in front of the Ref (more than a foot OB)...then he threw the ball to Dooling for a 3 pointer hahaha.

morsdraconis
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM
This series has been nothing but alot of bull-shit calls against both sides lol

Wish I had the video of the one last game featuring Ray Allen. He was probably fouled along the baseline but stepped completely flat footed out of bounds in front of the Ref (more than a foot OB)...then he threw the ball to Dooling for a 3 pointer hahaha.

Oh, no doubt. The calls have been horrible, but that call didn't decide the game whereas Rondo getting fouled and it not being called did decide the game.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I bought a shirt similar to this last year :nod:

http://www.celticsstore.com/img/product/resized/552/00373478-970552_catl_500.jpg?k=0112d4c8&pid=373478&s=catl&sn=celticsstore

skipwondah33
06-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Oh, no doubt. The calls have been horrible, but that call didn't decide the game whereas Rondo getting fouled and it not being called did decide the game.Any call/none-call that puts or takes points off the board decides the game. In that case it was 3 points Boston was allowed...in which they won by 2.

Just like that call when Joel Anthony tipped in a basket clearly after the buzzer went off added two points to the Heat's total...even though they eventually got it right but taking the points away after the half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKqKUcYEe94

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 10:25 PM
LOL one could also say that this shorter season is helping the older guys succeed because they arent as tired...

the Celtics burn the Heat again !

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDb7-wF9MpE&feature=g-all-u

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 11:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGFqAJAvc1A

NatureBoy
06-06-2012, 07:14 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/527007_3533015596416_609089334_n.jpg

JBHuskers
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM

ram29jackson
06-06-2012, 02:16 PM
about 15 seconds in..it sounds like he's saying - good job Ray Allen...? so he wasnt supporting Miami..either way, he has to be too young to say it sarcasically I would think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SMUPnkuslQ

JBHuskers
06-07-2012, 02:23 PM
A little something I just put together at work, considering all I have to work with here is MS Paint :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/_lebron-james-chalk.jpg

cdj
06-09-2012, 09:23 PM
LeBron's mom is very popular with his teammates.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1174219/wadesugar_medium.gif

JBHuskers
06-10-2012, 02:43 PM

Go Thunder.

baseballplyrmvp
06-10-2012, 03:21 PM

Go Thunder.:+1:

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm rooting for the Heat just to piss off all the Lebron haters. :D

morsdraconis
06-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Thunder are gonna trounce the Heat. Make no mistake about that.

JBHuskers
06-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm rooting for the Heat just to piss off all the Lebron haters. :D

Heat are one of the rivals. So being a Celtics fan, I'm going for the Thunder.

But we do have an all-weather NBA Final :D

SmoothPancakes
06-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Heat are one of the rivals. So being a Celtics fan, I'm going for the Thunder.

But we do have an all-weather NBA Final :D

Yeah, I'm a Denver Nuggets fan, so seeing as the Thunder are in the same division as the Nuggets, thus having to put up with those bastards all season, I'm obligated to root against them.

NatureBoy
06-10-2012, 09:45 PM
LeBron's mom is very popular with his teammates.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1174219/wadesugar_medium.gif

:D That's because she puts out! Remember this?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.thebvx.com/media/2010/12/lebron-head-south-438x275-1291323485.jpg

JBHuskers
06-10-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.maggags.com/lebrons-mom-gave-me-hummer-too.GIF

ram29jackson
06-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Thunder are gonna trounce the Heat. Make no mistake about that.

naw, way too much inexperience

psuexv
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I will say that if Lebron has truly turned the corner and puts in games like he did in Game 6 and 7, they will be hard to beat.

skipwondah33
06-11-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm rooting for the Heat just to piss off all the Lebron haters. :DI am as well...and because I like watching Lebron play and would like to see him get a ring.

Bob Ryan article

http://articles.boston.com/2012-06-08/sports/32105546_1_lebron-james-fairness-rajon-rondo

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2012, 02:33 PM
I am as well...and because I like watching Lebron play and would like to see him get a ring.

Bob Ryan article

http://articles.boston.com/2012-06-08/sports/32105546_1_lebron-james-fairness-rajon-rondo

Yeah, it would be nice to see him finally get one. About the only reason I can understand all the hate for him is because of the whole "Decision" crap. As for choking in game 7 or losing in a couple finals or conference finals, it happens. He had jackshit for support on the Cavs and still did a lot more than most other teams in the playoffs, and got to the Finals in both years he's been on the Heat.

As for the Cavs fans who are still pissed off at and hate Lebron because he left, get the fuck over it! The Denver Nuggets basically got told "fuck you" by Carmelo Anthony with wanting to be traded, basically all but directly saying he was leaving after the season when his contract ended no matter what kind of money the Nuggets threw at him and how much the fans wanted him to stay, all while still playing in Denver. While we got some decent players in the Melo to NY trade, we didn't get a superstar in return out of it.

Denver would have been right in the same position as the Cavs if we had not already had at least a decent roster of supporting players and talented players. The Cavs were a one pony show and it showed as soon as Lebron left, they had no one on the team capable of even half filling into the role. But, either way, you don't see me bitching about it. Myself and many Nuggets fans have gotten over it already, and that just happened four months ago in February. Lebron left the Cavs two years ago. Get over it already, good lord.

JBHuskers
06-11-2012, 02:34 PM
It's not just the decision but the unveiling too when he claimed Miami would get 7 championships. That was a little more over the top than the decision. At least with the decision, he raised money for a good cause.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2012, 02:42 PM
It's not just the decision but the unveiling too when he claimed Miami would get 7 championships. That was a little more over the top than the decision. At least with the decision, he raised money for a good cause.

Ah, ok. I never watched any of the unveiling in Miami or really bothered paying any attention to that. I saw highlights and videos on ESPN and stuff, but as Nuggets fan, I generally couldn't care less about Cleveland or Miami, so I never watched any of that stuff concerning those teams. So I missed the whole "7 championships" thing. Over the top, yes. Arrogant, yes. Stupid to say, yes. Worthy of the nonstop hostility and wishing/praying/hoping for failure that so many people seem to be doing, no.

JBHuskers
06-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Ah, ok. I never watched any of the unveiling in Miami or really bothered paying any attention to that. I saw highlights and videos on ESPN and stuff, but as Nuggets fan, I generally couldn't care less about Cleveland or Miami, so I never watched any of that stuff concerning those teams. So I missed the whole "7 championships" thing. Over the top, yes. Arrogant, yes. Stupid to say, yes. Worthy of the nonstop hostility and wishing/praying/hoping for failure that so many people seem to be doing, no.

Well I'm not rooting against Miami because of that...I'm rooting against Miami the same way you root against the Lakers.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Well I'm not rooting against Miami because of that...I'm rooting against Miami the same way you root against the Lakers.

Oh I know, I never thought that you were. But you can't go into any sports/NBA related discussion elsewhere on the internet without someone hating Lebron and rooting against him and Miami solely because of that.

psuexv
06-11-2012, 03:02 PM
He had jackshit for support on the Cavs and still did a lot more than most other teams in the playoffs, and got to the Finals in both years he's been on the Heat.

The Denver Nuggets basically got told "fuck you" by Carmelo Anthony with wanting to be traded,

But Denver wasn't on the same level as Cleveland, they may have sniffed the playoffs but weren't going to do anything in the West. Lebron took them to the ECF and the Finals and had the best record in the NBA 2 years in a row. My issue, apart from the decision, is he said he left because he wanted to win a championship, after they lost in the Finals and himself shit the bed against the Celts in the ECF. I freakin hate the city of Cleveland but that was just cold. Home town boy, his favorite team growing up, having them on the verge of a Ring and then... bye, bye.... ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. He is the a major league POS, period and I hope he never wins a goddamn ring. Oh and about the whole no talent in Cleveland other than him.

This. I can see coming in and saying I want to bring a championship to Miami and yada yada. But from the unveiling you would have thought this was the Dream Team.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Regardless of how he treated them or acted, Cavs fans still need to just sack up and get the fuck over it already.

IBI
06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Regardless of how he treated them or acted, Cavs fans still need to just sack up and get the fuck over it already.

I don't know the particular corner of Ohio that you live in, but you know the mindset of sports fans here. Always the victim, always someone elses fault. They won't get over it (see: Modell, Art)

morsdraconis
06-11-2012, 03:23 PM
But Denver wasn't on the same level as Cleveland, they may have sniffed the playoffs but weren't going to do anything in the West. Lebron took them to the ECF and the Finals and had the best record in the NBA 2 years in a row. My issue, apart from the decision, is he said he left because he wanted to win a championship, after they lost in the Finals and himself shit the bed against the Celts in the ECF. I freakin hate the city of Cleveland but that was just cold. Home town boy, his favorite team growing up, having them on the verge of a Ring and then... bye, bye.... ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. He is the a major league POS, period and I hope he never wins a goddamn ring. Oh and about the whole no talent in Cleveland other than him.

This. I can see coming in and saying I want to bring a championship to Miami and yada yada. But from the unveiling you would have thought this was the Dream Team.

:+1: x :infinity: on both accounts.

This video is the reason why I hope the fuckin' douche never wins shit and he has to hear about how much he blew it all for the rest of time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM

No player EVER should have the fuckin' gall to say that practice is gonna be harder than playing the fuckin' real games. No player should EVER disrespect the game like that. EVER.

Fuck them all. I actually liked Dwayne Wade before all this shit went down, but he's become nothing but a whiny little bitch that bitches about EVERY no call no matter if there was contact or not.

That video and the bullshit with him deciding where he was going to go (all the while, not having the fuckin' decency to tell Cleveland beforehand so that they could actually prepare to do something in free agency) and making it a fuckin' circus spectacle just makes me so sad for the game of basketball. It's been horribly unfair for him to be compared to Michael Jordan, but, to have the absolute gall to disrespect the game like that just makes me sick.

SmoothPancakes
06-11-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't know the particular corner of Ohio that you live in, but you know the mindset of sports fans here. Always the victim, always someone elses fault. They won't get over it (see: Modell, Art)

Sadly you are speaking the truth. :D

I live in northwest Ohio, so I get to deal with the fans of sports team from Detroit, Cleveland and Cincinnati (and sometimes Chicago). That has led to many, many :bang: moments for me over the years between the Browns, the Lions, the Indians (in the years that they suck), the Bengals, etc.

ram29jackson
06-11-2012, 03:47 PM
No player EVER should have the fuckin' gall to say that practice is gonna be harder than playing the fuckin' real games

Magic Johnson said it in the 80s and later about his team and I believe it.

besides, he has made it to the finals a 3rd time so practice must well be harder than games alot of the time.

great players and teams always have harder practice sessions than losing teams, its not a stretch to make a statement like that

skipwondah33
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
It's not just the decision but the unveiling too when he claimed Miami would get 7 championships. That was a little more over the top than the decision. At least with the decision, he raised money for a good cause.Still...judging by his play and how he plays the game is how I look at it.

The Heat's management were stupid for even showing that to a national TV audience. That should have been what it was for the Heat's fans who came to the event, not the entire world. And I'll note that was comical but I didn't take it serious anyway, great for them if they feel they can win multiple titles. Shit they have went to two Finals back to back with a Coach who is worth as much as Mike Brown in the coaching department and without a Center. Had things worked out we'd be talking about them repeating at this point.

Nothing wrong with that confidence. Players in every sport say their goal is and they think they can win the championship every year regardless who crappy they are. Realistically no but still have to feel that way. What's the saying? If you don't believe that then you shouldn't be playing the game or something like that.

He get's flack for..

1. He passes too much
2. He doesn't shoot enough
3. He's not clutch
4. He's a choker

Never

1. He usually always passes to the open man
2. He shares the damn ball (how do you think Anderson Varejo gets a new contract...Gibson hasn't been shit since he left, Jemario Moon? I'll wait lmao.
3. He plays it as a team game...the way we all learned growing up.

psuexv
06-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Skip, I'm not going to get in big argument here but the passing too much gripe is not true. People don't complain that he passes too much, they complain that he passes up shots and gives up the ball in key moments at the end of big games. I applaud his passing and the ability to see the floor. But with 10 seconds on the clock, the superstar should be looking for a shot, unless there is a wide open man underneath the basket. This goes hand in hand with not clutch and leads into a choker. The facts are the facts, he's withered in big games in the past and at times you can almost see him trying to get rid of the ball. I could care less if he hits a game winner in the middle of the season against the New Jersey Nets, show it to me in the playoffs.

Now having said that, he's stepped up and played like a superstar in Games 6 and 7 of the Celts series. I can give credit where credit is due and he played like the best player in the league. Of course those were the games Bosh was back too :)

morsdraconis
06-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Nothing wrong with that confidence. Players in every sport say their goal is and they think they can win the championship every year regardless who crappy they are. Realistically no but still have to feel that way. What's the saying? If you don't believe that then you shouldn't be playing the game or something like that.

NOBODY says they're going to win more than Jordan. James has no fuckin' clue how to be as good as Jordan was because he doesn't have the drive to do so. James should have an actual post game by now. The dude is the size of a PF, but refuses to develop the skills necessary to dominate like he should be. James doesn't have as much competitive drive in his whole body as Jordan had in his pinkie finger and he never will.

I've said it numerous times, James is this generations Wilt Chamberlain. Freakishly talented in a league that isn't ready for his talents, but unable to take the bull by the horns and really do anything to help his team win when it matters most. He might, like Wilt, stumble into a ring, maybe even two, but it certainly won't be because of his play when it matters most (just like Wilt).

Now, as for this stuff:

1. He passes too much
2. He doesn't shoot enough

During clutch moments, when the game is on the line, he passes the ball instead of going isolation and doing what he had been doing at any other time during the game. Hell, he did it twice against the Celtics when the game was on the line. Putting the game winning shots into Battier and Chalmers' hands instead of shooting it himself. Should he have forced something stupid up while going to the basket? No, of course not, but the play should NEVER be him driving to the basket only to pass the ball off to someone else. I don't give a shit what's called during the timeout. You demand the fuckin' ball and a chance to win the game by your hands or you're not a superstar. It's that simple.

3. He's not clutch
4. He's a choker

When he runs away from doing the above, absolutely. Would Kobe EVER allow anyone on the Lakers but himself to take that shot? Absolutely not. You live and die by his hands.

1. He usually always passes to the open man

That's great. How often does that open man make the shot when it counts? Here's a hint, the Heat are something like 0-13 or maybe more than that after this playoff series with Boston at making shots to win the game.

It's as simple as putting the ball in your best position to make the play and win the game. Putting the ball into someone's hands that isn't James or Wade at the end of the game when the game is on the line is BEYOND dumb. Does Boston let Michal Peitrus shoot the 3-pointer to win the game? Hell no, Pierce or Allen takes that shot, 100% of the time. No matter how poorly they've shot the ball in the game. No matter who has the hot hand or any of that bullshit. You live and die by your superstars, except if you're on a team with Lebron James. Funny how that works, eh?

2. He shares the damn ball (how do you think Anderson Varejo gets a new contract...Gibson hasn't been shit since he left, Jemario Moon? I'll wait lmao.
3. He plays it as a team game...the way we all learned growing up.

That's great man, again, I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with that during the course of the game, but when the game is on the line, there shouldn't be anyone shooting that ball besides James, Wade, or Bosh. That's it. That's what they get paid to do and it's what they should be doing. Not passing the ball off to some scrub that wouldn't even be on a team if it wasn't for Miami giving them a job because they couldn't afford to get someone better (looking at you, Mike Miller).

There's team basketball, and then there is making a play when it matters the most and not letting anyone besides you make that play.

Why in the name of god would the Heat run anything at all besides Wade with James setting a pick and roll with the two scrubs off in the corner creating space in the middle while Bosh is close enough to force his man to double James on the roll, leaving the team to pick their poison (double Wade, possible pass to James or Bosh for an easy two - hedge the screen, Wade alley oops to James for an easy two - James forces double on receiving the ball after screen, pass to Bosh for easy two). Yet, the Heat NEVER do anything like that. Instead, they do a pick and roll with some scrub, with the ball in James' hand only to be passed off to other scrub for an uncontested, but not likely 3-pointer while their three best players watch from what might as well be the sidelines. :fp:

JBHuskers
06-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Another thing about LeBron, he'll sit out there on the press conference looking cool on wins, but hides on losses. Don't think he was at any of the press conferences on the three losses. They trotted out Bosh for one of them by himself I know.

skipwondah33
06-12-2012, 12:20 PM
That's great. How often does that open man make the shot when it counts? Here's a hint, the Heat are something like 0-13 or maybe more than that after this playoff series with Boston at making shots to win the game.And their even worse when trying to play Hero ball. You know 1 person take on 2,3 and 4 defenders just because everyone in the general public thinks they have to shoot it by any means disregarding the fact that someone else was open to shoot....scrub or not still open.

Why in the name of god would the Heat run anything at all besides Wade with James setting a pick and roll with the two scrubs off in the corner creating space in the middle while Bosh is close enough to force his man to double James on the roll, leaving the team to pick their poison (double Wade, possible pass to James or Bosh for an easy two - hedge the screen, Wade alley oops to James for an easy two - James forces double on receiving the ball after screen, pass to Bosh for easy two). Yet, the Heat NEVER do anything like that. Instead, they do a pick and roll with some scrub, with the ball in James' hand only to be passed off to other scrub for an uncontested, but not likely 3-pointer while their three best players watch from what might as well be the sidelines. :fp:Have to ask their Coach Spoelstra on that one. they have some of the dumbest end of game plays I've ever seen. Reminds me of shit we run in the 30 and over YMCA league honestly. Seems like it took you all of 2 minutes to come up with those scenarios...yet Spoelstra doesn't seem to be able to adjust for shit. Funny a friend of mine on Twitter said "Really Spoelstra? That is the play you came up with?". I replied back to him that he diagrammed it with the empty Gatorade cups. Also heard multiple say that Doc comes up with the best after time-out plays...equals points damn near every time

My point is we can find all kinds of reasons to dislike Lebron outside of what he does on the court but when it comes to basketball...on the court, he can flat out play like no one else.

Having a pretty good postseason numbers wise: 30.8 ppg, 9.6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 50% shooting.

Excited to see him and Durant play against one another. He's another player I like to see play although his trigger happy PG freezes him out a good bit. And I have no idea why people are comparing Durant's 1st trip to the Finals with Lebron's 1st trip. I think I could have had a shot at making that Cav's roster.

ram29jackson
06-12-2012, 03:31 PM
more often then not, the team with less playoff and finals experience doesnt win.

I dont know if the season being so short and the Thunder being so young might actually work in their favor because they can out hustle teams...?

but I still have to think that experienced Heat will take it.

baseballplyrmvp
06-12-2012, 10:18 PM
westbrook needs to stop trying to be the scorer. he's missing everything. just feed the ball to KD

cdj
06-12-2012, 11:11 PM
http://30fps.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2012-June-12-23-24-31.jpg

cdj
06-12-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm no LeBron fan, but he has played very well this post-season. Dwyane Wade has been invisible for the most part, except for whining to the refs. Bosh has been more of a perimeter threat the last few games than Wade which is an indictment on several different levels.

JBHuskers
06-13-2012, 11:44 AM
http://30fps.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2012-June-12-23-24-31.jpg

Where's Waldo?

Little Steve
06-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Their up now the ? is can they finish?????????????????????:popcorn::popcorn::popc orn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popco rn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::p opcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

ram29jackson
06-14-2012, 10:49 PM
sloppy,sloppy,sloppy

morsdraconis
06-14-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm SO fuckin' sick of James getting away with fouls because there's this bullshit perception that he's a great defender. Pisses me off to no end. Game goes from a 2 point game with Durant on the line shooting two to tie it (if they called the CLEAR foul by James that's a no call) to James getting fouled and making two free throws in OKC's attempt at extending the game. TOTAL bullshit. Looks like another sport I'm going to just stop watching since it's obvious the fix is in to get LeWhine his fuckin' ring. :smh:

souljahbill
06-15-2012, 06:23 AM
I don't think the no-calls on the fouls were that obvious, especially at game speed. That contact was insignificant and wasn't the reason Durant missed that baseline jumper. I'm not saying it wasn't a foul or a good no call. I'm just saying that I can't be mad at the refs missing that.

skipwondah33
06-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Durant also had a clear charge that would have fouled him out beforehand...giving how charges are called that was a no-call that should have happen. Guess that made up for it. Don't know DirecTv went out at that time so I missed it.

souljahbill
06-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Durant also had a clear charge that would have fouled him out beforehand...giving how charges are called that was a no-call that should have happen. Guess that made up for it. Don't know DirecTv went out at that time so I missed it.

Yeah, Shane "Who's your daddy?" Battier had both feet planted when Durant charged and they called a blocking foul.

skipwondah33
06-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah, Shane "Who's your daddy?" Battier had both feet planted when Durant charged and they called a blocking foul.And it was late as all get out the call that they did make. The rebound was already secured by the time the whistle blew.

Kwizzy
06-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, Shane "Who's your daddy?" Battier had both feet planted when Durant charged and they called a blocking foul.

That was NOT a charge. He slid in late and was leaning. Not to mention that when you have a history of flopping all over the place, you're not going to get that call.

morsdraconis
06-15-2012, 10:10 AM
That was NOT a charge. He slid in late and was leaning. Not to mention that when you have a history of flopping all over the place, you're not going to get that call.

Thank you! :nod:

skipwondah33
06-15-2012, 10:15 AM
That was NOT a charge. He slid in late and was leaning. Not to mention that when you have a history of flopping all over the place, you're not going to get that call.That call is made atleast once or twice a game. Shane actually takes charges...can't say the same for most in the league (looking at you Derek Fisher and James Harden)

And though his history of "flopping" is I guess known, he certainly gets more calls for charges than blocking fouls. Point is calls can be debated all game as missed or the other way around.

The Refs also swallow the whistle late in game situations.

Kwizzy
06-15-2012, 10:25 AM
That call is made atleast once or twice a game. Shane actually takes charges...can't say the same for most in the league (looking at you Derek Fisher and James Harden)

And though his history of "flopping" is I guess known, he certainly gets more calls for charges than blocking fouls. Point is calls can be debated all game as missed or the other way around.

The Refs also swallow the whistle late in game situations.

I understand but this one cost a team the game & so it's gonna be critiqued & the fact of the matter is it was a foul. Ref was shielded from the foul by Durant's body, if he's a foot or 2 to the right, Durant is on the line no matter when in the game that occurs.

JBHuskers
06-15-2012, 10:34 AM
I absoultely LOVED KD's response to the question of a foul on that play at the end of the game.

"I missed the shot."

No whining, no saying it was a foul. He just missed the shot.

Kwizzy
06-15-2012, 10:47 AM
I absoultely LOVED KD's response to the question of a foul on that play at the end of the game.

"I missed the shot."

Yup, that's an awesome response & exactly what he should say. Nothing you can do about it, by now the refs have watched it & they'll try and do better next time. Maybe you get the benefit of the doubt in the future because you handled the situation with class.

SmoothPancakes
06-15-2012, 10:57 AM
For me, I take the simple "shit happens" approach.

The refs aren't perfect. The calls in any given game aren't going to be perfect. Unless you get robots to ref the game or you stop play after every shot to review and see if there was a foul during it, a given game is never going to be called perfectly. The refs are human, calls are going to be missed, it's a fact of life and a fact of the game.

Even if the foul had been called, that doesn't mean a thing for the outcome of the game. Maybe KD misses a free throw. Maybe he makes both and the Heat hit a jumper at the end to win regardless. It happened, there's nothing anyone can do about it, everyone ultimately just needs to get the hell over it and move on and get ready for game 3.

As well, I'm sorry, but I don't buy the whole "this call screwed them" stuff. Just because one blown call at the end may have cost them points in a tight situation, it's still no worse than any other blown call. But of course, you'll never hear people bitching about a blown call in the 1st or 2nd quarter because the game "wasn't on the line" at that point in time, even though that call fucked the team over just as equally much as the call at the end of the game.

But that's just my view of the whole thing.

skipwondah33
06-15-2012, 11:04 AM
I understand but this one cost a team the game & so it's gonna be critiqued & the fact of the matter is it was a foul. Ref was shielded from the foul by Durant's body, if he's a foot or 2 to the right, Durant is on the line no matter when in the game that occurs.Have a point but that isn't where the game was lost for OKC. Sure its easy to point to but there were other factors such as the best FT shooting team in the league shooting 76% in the game or the fact that they were down 18-2 at one point in the 1st quarter.

Nonetheless I like KD's reaction as well in that he missed the shot.

I will say this. If they called that a foul then Jordan's last two Finals shots don't happen due to that same amount of contact.

Kwizzy
06-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Yup, all good points. I guess I'm just saying that I think it was clearly a foul upon replay. Not blaming the refs because it all happens in a split second & it was pretty subtle. Really what I'd like to see is the NBA to cut down on the flailing & flopping that seems necessary to get that call. If KD would've made a bigger deal about it during his shot he might've convinced the ref to blow the whistle, and that's sad.

JBHuskers
06-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Yup, that's an awesome response & exactly what he should say. Nothing you can do about it, by now the refs have watched it & they'll try and do better next time. Maybe you get the benefit of the doubt in the future because you handled the situation with class.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

souljahbill
06-15-2012, 12:40 PM

"I missed the shot."

Whomever raised him did a helluva job and needs to get recognized.

skipwondah33
06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
If KD would've made a bigger deal about it during his shot he might've convinced the ref to blow the whistle, and that's sad.You know I was going to say the SAME exact thing in my previous post? I was going to say if KD exaggerated the contact there it would have been a call but he was more focused on actually trying to make the shot instead. I watched Westbook, Wade and Harden do that about 2-3 times or maybe more each during the game when it wasn't really needed.

I will say looking at the video KD did wonder why it wasn't called towards the Ref but he didn't say anything afterward.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2012, 10:06 PM
So, what are the excuses this time for OKC losing to the Heat? :D

baseballplyrmvp
06-17-2012, 10:16 PM
westbrook tries too hard to be the shooter, when he's not.

morsdraconis
06-17-2012, 10:44 PM
So, what are the excuses this time for OKC losing to the Heat? :D

A VERY poor turnover by Sefolosha at the end sealed it for them, but this shit of Miami constantly getting calls that the Thunder don't get it disgusting to watch. Why even play the game?

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2012, 10:53 PM
A VERY poor turnover by Sefolosha at the end sealed it for them, but this shit of Miami constantly getting calls that the Thunder don't get it disgusting to watch. Why even play the game?

Yeah, I noticed Durant just about fouled out yet again. Though Dan Crawford has been the only ref to work the past two games, with one game in OKC and one in Miami. So as far as all of the fouls on Durant the past two games, on the surface it doesn't appear to be a pro-Heat agenda or bias as far as Durant is concerned. Now tonight, yes, Miami did have fewer fouls (19 to OKC's 26), but Game 2 was dead even and Game 1 Miami had 3 more fouls, so I don't know if it's so much them constantly getting calls, than them just selling out more than OKC. :D

I'll admit, I haven't watched any of the games yet this series, but I wouldn't be surprised to see soccer-like flops by both teams at points in the game.

morsdraconis
06-17-2012, 10:59 PM
I'll admit, I haven't watched any of the games yet this series, but I wouldn't be surprised to see soccer-like flops by the Heat at points in the game.

Fixed it for ya, because, I guarantee you, the Thunder don't flop. They play straight up.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Fixed it for ya, because, I guarantee you, the Thunder don't flop. They play straight up.

:D Alright, but can you truthfully say that the Thunder have not flopped even once this series? If so, alright, I know I can believe your word, but I just can't imagine that the Thunder haven't flopped or over-exaggerated contact to try and draw a foul at least once this series.

morsdraconis
06-17-2012, 11:16 PM
:D Alright, but can you truthfully say that the Thunder have not flopped even once this series? If so, alright, I know I can believe your word, but I just can't imagine that the Thunder haven't flopped or over-exaggerated contact to try and draw a foul at least once this series.

I can say, without a doubt, I don't remember them doing it once in the entire playoffs this year (and I've watched nearly every game of theirs outside of a game or two against the Spurs).

Whether or not they flop, I'd be willing to say, if they ever have, you'd see more from the Heat in one game than you have from the Thunder in an entire season of play.

SmoothPancakes
06-17-2012, 11:21 PM
I can say, without a doubt, I don't remember them doing it once in the entire playoffs this year (and I've watched nearly every game of theirs outside of a game or two against the Spurs).

Whether or not they flop, I'd be willing to say, if they ever have, you'd see more from the Heat in one game than you have from the Thunder in an entire season of play.

Alright, fair enough. That works for me.

skipwondah33
06-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Fixed it for ya, because, I guarantee you, the Thunder don't flop. They play straight up.Yeaaaaaah right!. Harden has tried to get atleast 3 calls by flopping the last 2 games alone. Did it in Game 1 as well. And Game 2 when he was running up court and Wade bumped him he flew back like Wade threw a haymaker.

Yet again I'll say this. When the Heat lose its because of Lebron or ego. When they win it is because the Refs lol.

From last night
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1190944/flophard.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QU7mlNKgFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqk3TSFPOWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-4Wm7IovvM

Those are just from these playoffs and certainly not all of them. Check out the WCF from last year.

skipwondah33
06-18-2012, 07:25 AM
:D Alright, but can you truthfully say that the Thunder have not flopped even once this series? If so, alright, I know I can believe your word, but I just can't imagine that the Thunder haven't flopped or over-exaggerated contact to try and draw a foul at least once this series.Like I said Harden does it all the time. Announcers know it, players know it, analysts know it. He has a history but people's hatred of Miami makes them think that they are the only team that does.

gschwendt
06-19-2012, 02:12 PM
OKC-Miami a battle befitting 'The Wire' (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/NBA-Finals-The-Wire-LeBron-James-Kevin-Durant-Avon-Barksdale-Marlo-Stanfield-Baltimore-drug-kingpins-061912) (only makes sense if you've seen The Wire)

ram29jackson
06-19-2012, 03:03 PM
OKC-Miami a battle befitting 'The Wire' (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/NBA-Finals-The-Wire-LeBron-James-Kevin-Durant-Avon-Barksdale-Marlo-Stanfield-Baltimore-drug-kingpins-061912) (only makes sense if you've seen The Wire)

:D maybe so,but in a way, that is trying way too hard
for a compare/contrast. ...trying to get Wire fans to watch the games to up the ratings ? :D

skipwondah33
06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
No Jason Whitlock just has a fascination with The Wire and relates any column he writes to the show anytime he can lol

ram29jackson
06-19-2012, 04:27 PM
all teams teach flopping...besides, why not ?

with the questionable officiating (if it really is ? )
you may as well force their hand to make a call once in a while.

another solution to not having officials involved..have a 10 point lead with 2 minutes left and dont turn it over.

morsdraconis
06-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Yup. This series isn't rigged or anything AT ALL. Nope. Not at all.

+10 on free throws attempts, against the team that was 2nd in the LEAGUE this year in free throw attempts. 0 attempts for Westbrook, who attacks the rim better than any player in the league.

I'm sick and fuckin' tired of watching the Heat get touch fouls called for them but every team they play has to get absolutely MUGGED to even get a god damn foul called, unless it's on a meaningless bench player. Wade and James can do no wrong. :smh: :sick:

It's absolutely HILARIOUS that EVERY PLAYER that has played the game at his position or was a star player like him (Jordan, Byrd, Magic, etc) has a MUCH higher per game foul ratio than Lebron James. Something fishy with that? I think so.

baseballplyrmvp
06-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Yup. This series isn't rigged or anything AT ALL. Nope. Not at all.

+10 on free throws attempts, against the team that was 2nd in the LEAGUE this year in free throw attempts. 0 attempts for Westbrook, who attacks the rim better than any player in the league.

I'm sick and fuckin' tired of watching the Heat get touch fouls called for them but every team they play has to get absolutely MUGGED to even get a god damn foul called, unless it's on a meaningless bench player. Wade and James can do no wrong. :smh: :sick:and then if a foul is called on lebron, he whines and cries about it.

SmoothPancakes
06-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Westbrook alone fucked the Thunder at the end. Fouling Chalmers with 5 seconds on the shot clock after the tip, then basically dribbling and tossing the ball right into the hands of DWade with 10 seconds left. OKC had a chance there at the end. Westbrook single-handedly pissed those chances away.

morsdraconis
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Westbrook alone fucked the Thunder at the end. Fouling Chalmers with 5 seconds on the shot clock after the tip, then basically dribbling and tossing the ball right into the hands of DWade with 10 seconds left. OKC had a chance there at the end. Westbrook single-handedly pissed those chances away.

:smh:

OKC wouldn't have even been there without Westbrook's 43 points.

James Harden fucked them, HARD, with his unbelievable disappearing act.

And, I swear to god, if the mediots say the Heat won the game because of Lebron, I'm going to go fuckin' ballistic. Mario "I'm a god damn thug" Chamlers just scored more points than his last 4 games combined. He just tied his most points scored in a playoff game in his career (same amount he scored against Indiana earlier this year). I hate his thug ass, but without him playing out of his god damn mind, the Heat get trounced by OKC tonight.

SmoothPancakes
06-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes, Westbrook had an unbelievable game with his 43 points (which if he doesn't score that, Miami blows OKC the fuck out of this game), but he still killed OKC at the very end. By the time Chalmers got hold of the ball, there were only 3 seconds on the shot clock. Chalmers would have had to throw up a desperation shot before the buzzer. Instead Westbrook fouls him the second he gets the ball and boom, two points from free throws to make it a two possession game.

Then down 6 with 10 seconds left, Westbrook sits there wildly dribbling the ball up the court and just before half court, practically just tosses the ball forward right into the Wade's hands and that's the ball game.

It was a three point game before Westbrook committed that dumbass foul, and very well probably would have still been a three point game if he had just defended Chalmers on the circus shot he would have had to throw up before the shot clock ran out. He may have kept OKC right there in the game almost entirely by himself with his 43 points, but he also completely screwed the pooch at the end the game, by himself. He was a savior, until he turned into a goat in the final 20 seconds.

skipwondah33
06-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Thunder shouldn't have lost this game 2nd quarter screwed them. Putting Fisher in screwed them royally. Westbrook had a great game, he's like watching a 12 year on speed or something how quickly he moves. He also has the vision of a horse with blinders on lol. But great game.

Of course Heat only win because of Refs though... smh

psuexv
06-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Thunder shouldn't have lost this game 2nd quarter screwed them. Putting Fisher in screwed them royally. Westbrook had a great game, he's like watching a 12 year on speed or something how quickly he moves. He also has the vision of a horse with blinders on lol. But great game.

Of course Heat only win because of Refs though... smh

Talk about a difference of 2 quarters.

JBHuskers
06-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Even Mike Greenberg is saying the calls are all going the Heat's way.

skipwondah33
06-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Even Mike Greenberg is saying the calls are all going the Heat's way.They are the aggressors mostly. Westbrook drives but he settles for jumpers most trips down the court...and IF he looks to pass to anyone else that person is likely shooting a jumper.

Thunder aren't losing because of calls or whatever. They are losing because Harden isn't doing squat and everyone outside of Durant and Westbrook aren't playing worth a damn. Perkins is a liability, Ibaka is only out there to play defense and set screens, Thabo is tasked to guard the Heat's best two players for 40+ minutes but he still doesn't look to score even when he does get the ball except for the occasional spot up jumper.

Westbrook has to get his teammates in a groove first, especially since he knows he can score anytime he wants basically. He gets the rest of the guys in a groove shooting, then he can attack. The rest of the team is only putting up 5-10 shots a game, maybe 2 a quarter. Durant only had 2 shots I believe in the 4th. Westbrook had a terrific game but I counted a good 10-12 times where he didn't look at one teammate before he tried to score. Yeah he made alot of shots but he didn't make every shot he took.

Thunder aren't losing because of calls they are losing because no one else outside of Durant and Westbrook are doing anything. They are also losing the rebounding battle to a team they shouldn't lose the rebounding battle to. Lebron alone almost had more assist then the entire Thunder team had lastnight.

psuexv
06-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Agree Skip. And the Heat are winning because Battier played lights out the 1st couple of games and Chalmers has had 2 pretty good games and a great game last night.

skipwondah33
06-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Agree Skip. And the Heat are winning because Battier played lights out the 1st couple of games and Chalmers has had 2 pretty good games and a great game last night.Shit I even forgot about 2001 Duke Shane Battier lol. And Chalmers played like he was back in Kansas. They are getting a team effort. The Thunder got a team effort last series against the Spurs plus they were much younger than the Spurs of course and just ran them. Miami plays pretty good team defense.

OKC just isn't getting those same team contributions that they have been getting. Durant and Westbrook are playing well though.

morsdraconis
06-20-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't know why I even post about basketball on this forum... :smh:

JBHuskers
06-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I was playing some Battlefield last night an looked up at the other TV and LeBron on the floor next to the bench. I had thought he tore his ACL or something at first.

ram29jackson
06-20-2012, 02:57 PM
ever since the Lakers Kings playoffs, people have been all about a conspiracy theory.

there isnt a media source that wouldnt love to uncover that. You dont think they havent been trying?

Theres nothing wrong or they would have found out by now. An NBA commish doesnt have that much power.

The fact is, the younger ,least experienced team is losing. Nothing surprising there.

skipwondah33
06-20-2012, 03:20 PM
The fact is, the younger ,least experienced team is losing. Nothing surprising there.I give you credit for calling that one a few pages ago if I'm not mistaken

Oh here's another one to add to the "No one on the Thunder team flops" list from Game 2 that I couldn't find the other day.

http://youtu.be/YyB76n3hUuk

ram29jackson
06-20-2012, 03:34 PM
who's the other guy along with me who picked the Heat since the poll only says 2 ? LOL

..yet still, it aint over yet....

skipwondah33
06-20-2012, 03:39 PM
who's the other guy along with me who picked the Heat since the poll only says 2 ? LOL

..yet still, it aint over yet....Me I believe, pretty sure I voted before it closed. Plus no one else on the board likes watching LBJ play.

SmoothPancakes
06-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Actually, it's me. If you click on the numbers of the votes, you can see exactly who voted what.

NatureBoy
06-20-2012, 10:19 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/bobcats/images/120620_jersey_main2.jpg

Charlotte Bobcats Unveil New Uniforms and Color Scheme

The Charlotte Bobcats today unveiled new uniforms and a new color treatment for the team’s logos. The primary and secondary logo marks remain the same, with a new color scheme that includes a darker shade of blue and more cool gray than before, while also introducing light blue and reducing the amount of orange.

“This is the culmination of a nearly two-year process and we are delighted to share our new look with our fans,” said Bobcats Sports & Entertainment President & COO Fred Whitfield. “These colors are deeply rooted in this region and we believe our fans will be as enthused by them as we are.”

The white home jersey features the word “Cats” on the front in navy with light blue trim, with the player’s number off-center underneath it in light blue with navy trim. The v-neck design features orange trim around the neck and shoulders. The side panel is navy with light blue and cool gray pinstripes, with a tri-color border of orange, white and light blue. The back of the jersey features the “Forward Facing Cat” secondary logo at the top, with the player’s name in navy and his number in the same light blue with navy trim as the front. The shorts feature the team’s “Crown C” secondary logo on the side of each leg with a pair of triangular side panels using the same colors as the top.

The front of the blue road jersey features the word “Charlotte” and the player’s number both in white with light blue trim. The v-neck design features orange trim around the neck and shoulders. The side panel is light blue with cool gray and navy pinstripes, with a tri-color border of orange, navy and white. The back of the jersey again features the “Forward Facing Cat” secondary logo at the top, with the player’s name and number in the same white with light blue trim as the front. Like the home uniform, the shorts feature the team’s “Crown C” secondary logo on the side of each leg with a pair of triangular side panels using the same colors as the top.

Made by adidas, the NBA’s official uniform provider, the new jersey is part of the NBA Revolution 30 series, which was introduced two seasons ago. The uniforms are 30 percent lighter and incorporate the company’s CLIMACOOL fabric which dries twice as fast as previous NBA uniforms.

The changes to the color scheme and logo were designed by Bobcats Sports & Entertainment’s in-house marketing and creative services departments.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/charlotte-bobcats-unveil-new-uniforms-and-color-scheme

ram29jackson
06-21-2012, 04:09 AM
having Cats across the chest of a pro jersey just aint working for me. LOL

SmoothPancakes
06-21-2012, 04:14 AM

Well, you'll just have to deal with it.

gschwendt
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Alright... who is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjIfrQqABl0&feature=player_embedded

psuexv
06-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Well we know it's not Ram since he does not carry an emotional tie to any team ;)

ram29jackson
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Well we know it's not Ram since he does not carry an emotional tie to any team ;)

looked like he was fakin' it a little towards the end.

ram29jackson
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Well, you'll just have to deal with it.

:D and the logo is horrible too

steelerfan
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM

They should have used one of these:

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-a6c0-8ae9.jpg

ram29jackson
06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
They should have used one of these:

http://img.tapatalk.com/62c401e2-a6c0-8ae9.jpg

:D google abuse is a horrible thing

SmoothPancakes
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
So we're at halftime. Miami is leading by 10 and has been on the brink of blowing this thing wide the fuck open, up by 15 or 17 at one point in the second quarter.

So far. Miami has 15 personal fouls, OKC 13. Miami has only had 10 free throw attempts, OKC 18. So refs clearly aren't calling everything in Miami's favor tonight. So what's the excuse this time for how the first half has gone?

cdj
06-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Miami's 'non-Big 3' have been head and shoulders above OKC's 'Big 3.' Harden may need a sports psychologist after this series. Sheesh.

Battier, Chalmers, & Miller played out of their minds at different points in this series.

SmoothPancakes
06-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Miami's 'non-Big 3' have been head and shoulders above OKC's 'Big 3.' Harden may need a sports psychologist after this series. Sheesh.

Battier, Chalmers, & Miller played out of their minds at different points in this series.

Amen. Chalmers went off last game, Miller sitting at 23 with 7 minutes and change still to play tonight. James with 21, Bosh 22, Wade 15, Battier 11, and Chalmers 10. For OKC, the players in double digits are KD with 32, Westbrook 19, and Fisher and Harden both with 11 and that's it.

Also a negative for OKC, they were only shooting something like 33% or 35% at halftime, 30-something percent three pointers, while Miami was over 55% in both categories. Even now, OKC is only 40% and 35% three pointers, while Miami is 56.1% and 56%. Tonight was just plain an old fashioned ass whooping by Miami. They played balls to the wall and wanted, OKC has just pretty going through the motions since mid-3rd quarter. Miami earned this win tonight, there was no "the refs gave it to them", especially with Miami having more personal fouls and OKC having a ton more free throws pretty much three entire quarters, which by the end of that third quarter it had already turned into a rout.

SmoothPancakes
06-21-2012, 10:50 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/550944_10151864078785305_1776020566_n.jpg

ram29jackson
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Juwan Howard was the X factor :D

cdj
06-21-2012, 11:08 PM
I always thought seeing LeBron winning a title would be insufferable....I was wrong. Seeing Stuart Scott present the championship trophy was the unbearable part.

skipwondah33
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Well can't blame that one on Refs lol

Glad LBJ got his title. Played great all playoffs and definitely this Finals.

Van Gundy said what I did a few days ago about Westbrook. Had to get the confidence of the other players up early by getting them shots.

ram29jackson
06-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Scott Brooks paraphrase,talking to players in time out " They beat us fair and square..be gentlemen...shake their hands"

steelerfan
06-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Scott Brooks paraphrase,talking to players in time out " They beat us fair and square..be gentemen...shake their hands"

Scott Brooks is awesome.

cdj
06-22-2012, 12:21 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199637/heatmenageatrois.gif

ram29jackson
06-22-2012, 12:27 AM
yep, I'll just poor it on myself and get that out over with LOL

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2012, 12:41 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/197709_257651787669025_1026073651_n.jpg

ram29jackson
06-22-2012, 12:58 AM
owners are just as self absorbed and media whorish as players are and apparently not as knowledgeable about their own situations.

ram29jackson
06-22-2012, 04:34 AM
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt82/ram29jackson/599567_468938596468003_286127149_n.jpg

skipwondah33
06-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Scott Brooks is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2+1

Loved the sportsmanship they showed after the game.

Wife and I about fell out when we seen Bosh doing that lastnight CDJ lol

ram29jackson
06-22-2012, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hb8f-wJ8v8

ram29jackson
06-23-2012, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2jqFd2-qI

SmoothPancakes
06-23-2012, 03:02 AM
Fuck yes. I have never really cared for Mark Cuban, but it's about time somebody calls out Skip Bayless on his bullshit.

souljahbill
06-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Speaking of Skip Bayless
Check this link out (http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=wshh4wpd8RMeMOc99cxG)

CLW
06-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Fuck yes. I have never really cared for Mark Cuban, but it's about time somebody calls out Skip Bayless on his bullshit.

Yes Cuban was calling out Bayless there but Cuban's larger point was directed at the ENTIRE sport's media. Unfortunately, there is VERY LITTLE to ZERO REAL analysis in ANY sports coverage today.

ESPN the self-proclaimed "world-wide leader in sports" has turned Sports Journalism into nothing more than Stewart Scott catch phrases and jokes. Instead of actually analyzing plays and teaching people about the games we love in stead we get "Booo YAh" or "Back, Back, Back..... Gone!" "Infego" etc...

Moreover, I personally think the coverage from ESPN (and the rest of the sports media) has actually hurt the quality of play on the court/field. Kids now grow up watching this garbage and so they think all that matters is dunks, homeruns, etc....

The NBA is certainly more athletic now but noone in their right mind thinks that today's NBAers were as fundamentally sound as the teams were from years past. Same thing with college basketball. I WEEP when I see today's game and then go online and watch a NCAA tourny game from the 80s or 90s. The athleticism is much better today but the fundamentals/intelligence of today's players is UTTERLY LACKING.

SmoothPancakes
06-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Yes Cuban was calling out Bayless there but Cuban's larger point was directed at the ENTIRE sport's media. Unfortunately, there is VERY LITTLE to ZERO REAL analysis in ANY sports coverage today.

ESPN the self-proclaimed "world-wide leader in sports" has turned Sports Journalism into nothing more than Stewart Scott catch phrases and jokes. Instead of actually analyzing plays and teaching people about the games we love in stead we get "Booo YAh" or "Back, Back, Back..... Gone!" "Infego" etc...

Moreover, I personally think the coverage from ESPN (and the rest of the sports media) has actually hurt the quality of play on the court/field. Kids now grow up watching this garbage and so they think all that matters is dunks, homeruns, etc....

The NBA is certainly more athletic now but noone in their right mind thinks that today's NBAers were as fundamentally sound as the teams were from years past. Same thing with college basketball. I WEEP when I see today's game and then go online and watch a NCAA tourny game from the 80s or 90s. The athleticism is much better today but the fundamentals/intelligence of today's players is UTTERLY LACKING.

Oh I know, he was repeatedly mentioning all of sports media, which he was valid on every single comment, I just love that it was Skip that he directed a good number of comments towards and brought down the hammer on Skip on a number of comments and occasions.

And I agree completely. The NBA will NEVER be as fundamentally sound as it used to be. It's all about me, my stats, my highlights, getting on the ESPN Top 10, showboating, etc. I'll take a player any day who averages 15 points and 15 assists a game over a player who averages 30 points and 0 to 5 assists. I'll take a team player who passes, sets picks, plays fundamental basketball, and can run actual plays over a "me and my stats" player any day.

Probably part of the reason I'm happier as a Nuggets fan with Carmelo Anthony gone. The Nuggets might have taken a hit with him gone, but I love watching their TEAM basketball instead of Melo throwing up 30-40 shots a game and missing 50%+ of them.

ram29jackson
06-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Speaking of Skip Bayless
Check this link out (http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=wshh4wpd8RMeMOc99cxG)

well, that was at least interesting :D

skipwondah33
06-25-2012, 07:39 AM
I'll take a player any day who averages 15 points and 15 assists a game over a player who averages 30 points and 0 to 5 assists. I'll take a team player who passes, sets picks, plays fundamental basketball, and can run actual plays over a "me and my stats" player any day.Which is why I have enjoyed watching Lebron play personally.

To touch on you and CLW's point though. Believe that it may have to do with AAU and coaching..that and the general mindset of players today.