PDA

View Full Version : Create a PB since patch

gigemaggs99
09-20-2011, 12:52 PM
This is the first time I've messed with CPB since the patch, one thing that's strange I can't choose "option run" or "air raid" as my base playbook. Only team specific playbooks.

gschwendt
09-20-2011, 12:54 PM
This is the first time I've messed with CPB since the patch, one thing that's strange I can't choose "option run" or "air raid" as my base playbook. Only team specific playbooks.That actually occurred at the day-one launch patch. Prior to that, you could pick a generic playbook but not since.

bogeyexpress
09-22-2011, 03:21 PM
gigemaggs, creating the PB still has issues. Some PBs will not allow you to remove certain plays, but if you can work around that, you can get it pretty close to what you want. It seems each PB has a few plays you must have.

EDJ
10-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Some PBs will not allow you to remove certain plays, but if you can work around that, you can get it pretty close to what you want. It seems each PB has a few plays you must have.
Does anyone know what formations/plays are required for each playbook? I've done a quick google search, but nothing extensive yet. Nebraska requires Ace - Base, Ace - Bunch, and Shotgun Y-Trips.

And on top of that it doesn't show up in the Custom Playbook creator, I-Form - Tight, Shotgun - Normal, and Wildcat are usable in game.

gigemaggs99
10-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know what formations/plays are required for each playbook? I've done a quick google search, but nothing extensive yet. Nebraska requires Ace - Base, Ace - Bunch, and Shotgun Y-Trips.

And on top of that it doesn't show up in the Custom Playbook creator, I-Form - Tight, Shotgun - Normal, and Wildcat are usable in game.

This is just a guess on my part but I think certain playbooks need to have certain formations to keep the commentary aligned. For example if you use the defualt Oregon PB and play a game they will say, 'they are using the spread offense....' or if you use the default Navy PB, they will say "they are using the option attack."

I'm thinking the commentary is tied to certain formations. Therefore if you use Oregon for your base CPB and try and remove all the SG formations it will not allow you, it will tell you at some point you have reatch the minimum required plays for this playbook, I think they are saying if you were able to remove more, then it would no longer be considered a SPREAD style offense and now it will cause more problems.

This is just a guess, but I've tried removing some formations from the Oregon PB and it's told me this.