PDA

View Full Version : Blur

JBHuskers
06-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Anyone have this game? I have it for 360...was in the beta, and just cracked open the retail copy for the first time tonight. It's like adult Mario Kart on crack. Such a blast to play.

morsdraconis
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Anyone have this game? I have it for 360...was in the beta, and just cracked open the retail copy for the first time tonight. It's like adult Mario Kart on crack. Such a blast to play.

I have it but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. From everything I've seen though, it looks hella fun.

morsdraconis
06-24-2010, 11:33 PM
I have it but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. From everything I've seen though, it looks hella fun.

DEFINITELY hella fun and actually kinda hard.

Love that there's a drastic difference in the way the vehicles handle between street and offroad based on what type of vehicle they are.

I'm terrible at drifting, but starting to get the hang of it. Weapons are a lot of fun, just kinda wish there were more than 5 different types (with the others being the shield, repair, and boost).

Had some weird stuff happen with the push people away from your vehicle weapon where if you use it while the vehicle you are trying to hit is either using one of their weapons or is getting hit by someone else's weapon then the push people away weapon has no effect. Was hoping to see it combo with them getting thrown into the air or something to do some serious damage but it never did (or I couldn't get it to).

Other then that, it's a lot of fun and the race types are varied enough where I played it for ~2 hours and didn't get bored of it.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Yeah the key to drifting is timing and also you gotta hold it down when you drift.