PDA

View Full Version : Show Blitz. It's Effect?

illwill10
09-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Does showing Blitz from the Coverage adjustments has a effect for User?
Every time I do it it is an advantage for the CPU, especially on a Run play. THe CPU Oline automatically knows how is blitzing and picks it up quickly and springs a big run 80% of the time

JeffHCross
09-10-2011, 12:14 PM
"Show Blitz" shouldn't have any effect other than changing the positions of your players. It doesn't change the blitzers, just where they blitz from.

illwill10
09-10-2011, 01:21 PM
thanks for the reply.
I would like to see bad QBs try to audible or rush the throw when they see a heavy blitz

JeffHCross
09-10-2011, 03:31 PM
I would like to see bad QBs try to audible or rush the throw when they see a heavy blitzWell, the blitz will effect how quickly a QB throws the ball, though you don't see the wild incompletions you would in real life. The idea of an audible is a slippery slope ... you'd have to condition it in a way that the QBs didn't always react to "Show Blitz". It could probably be tied to Awareness somehow, but it would have been tested enough that they were confident that "Show Blitz" didn't become an automatic advantage against the CPU.

keyser soze
09-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I like to use the show blitz out of the 4-2-5 to get that FS up nice and close to the LOS. I love this strategy on first downs for teams that typically run the ball on first down.

illwill10
09-12-2011, 11:04 AM
afrer trying it on both Madden and NCAA, It is not good to use on Running Plays at all. Most of the time it ends up a TD or a big play. Since most of your defenders are close to the line, CPU OL is able to pick them very quickly. CPU RBs only need to make one cut and they are free for a big gain. It seems like CPU goes on perfect Block mode and puts a hat on every defender

psusnoop
09-14-2011, 01:17 PM
I use show blitz at times, mostly I do it on second downs though. I like illwill mentioned have been burnt trying it to often by big running plays so I try to really mix it up and use it on certain situations. I tend to do that with almost my whole defensive gameplan though (and no I don't mean the ones that you can change to aggressive/conserverative/balance) just my style of defense.