PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Plus

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JBHuskers
06-24-2010, 02:55 PM
IGN has a list of details here:

Sony has announced the first details for PlayStation Plus, a subscription-based model for PlayStation Network set to launch on June 29 in all territories.

As revealed at E3, all the current features available for free on PlayStation Network will remain free. A one-year subscription will cost $49.99. Additionally, a three-month package is available for $17.99.

At launch, subscribers will get Wipeout HD, PSP minis, and PS One Classics, such as Fieldrunners, Age of Zombies and Rally Cross. A full game trial of Infamous, and free monthly episodes of Qore are also available.

Any free game you download will remain yours as long as you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber.

"If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe, the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them," Sony says.

"Additionally, if you delete one of the titles from your PS3, but decide you want to get it back, then you can re-download from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store if the game is still there, or, if the game has expired from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store, you can simply search for it on PS Store and download it again at no extra cost."

Sony has outlined additional PlayStation Plus subscriber info:

- Free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. Sony has not specified what games and how many will be available each month.

- Exclusive dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons.

- PlayStation Store discounts ranging from 20% to 50% off.

- Select demos and beta trials before they go live to everyone else.

PlayStation Plus members can also try full game titles before buying them. Each trail will typically last an hour before you must choose to purchase the game. Any progress you made in the trial period, including game saves and trophies earned, will carry over into the full game once purchased.

You will also be able to set up your PS3 to wake up from standby at anytime to download and install game updates, videos and demos. System updates can also automatically download, but will require a manual install.

Sony also answered some of your burning questions. Like, what's the deal with cross-game voice chat?

"Cross-game voice chat is a feature we know our passionate user base has asked for and we'll continue to look at as a viable offering for the PlayStation Network," Sony said.

JBHuskers
06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. Sony has not specified what games and how many will be available each month.

PlayStation Store discounts ranging from 20% to 50% off.

Select demos and beta trials before they go live to everyone else.

PlayStation Plus members can also try full game titles before buying them. Each trail will typically last an hour before you must choose to purchase the game. Any progress you made in the trial period, including game saves and trophies earned, will carry over into the full game once purchased.

"Cross-game voice chat is a feature we know our passionate user base has asked for and we'll continue to look at as a viable offering for the PlayStation Network," Sony said.

Definitely getting this...for these reasons above and more.

AustinWolv
06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
That is very nice.

morsdraconis
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Wow. Pretty nice. Now, if they implement it correctly they may have one upped Microsoft.

I OU a Beatn
06-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I've said all along that if they come out with a premium service I'd pay for it. Considering the service practically pays for itself, it's a no brainer.

skipwondah33
06-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Damn this sounds good actually. I paid for Xbox live and that was only to play online, so this isn't that bad

JBHuskers
06-24-2010, 08:10 PM
I've said all along that if they come out with a premium service I'd pay for it. Considering the service practically pays for itself, it's a no brainer.

Yep. $50 gift card sitting here waiting to use Tuesday.

JeffHCross
06-24-2010, 11:16 PM
The announcement of Playstation Plus made me very glad I never got around to paying for Wipeout.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 11:35 AM
I hope they allow you to use a network card to pay for it. I believe I read it on the PS Blog that you'll be able to purchase it just like any other game on the store. I've had $60 or so sitting in there forever because nothing has peaked my interest to buy, but I'm definitely signing up for this the second it goes live. Not only is it a great deal, but you get an additional 3 months for free if you sign up for a year within the first few days it launches.

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah I'm very excited for this tomorrow.....

cdj
06-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I hope they allow you to use a network card to pay for it. I believe I read it on the PS Blog that you'll be able to purchase it just like any other game on the store.

I saw it mentioned somewhere that you can use CC or PSN Cards, so you're good to go. I picked up a $50 card last week just for PSN+. Is there any word of a new FW update coming tonight or tomorrow in preparation for it?

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 12:06 PM
There almost has to be a firmware update. PS3s aren't currently capable of scheduling automatic updates, and I'm pretty sure subscribers get a special plus sign next to their name on people's friend's list, so both of those are things that would need to be added through a firmware update. I'm guessing we'll see the full details on it today on the PS Blog and it'll go live sometime around 11pm EST tonight like they always do.

lilheavy
06-28-2010, 03:19 PM

Will this be all games or just a few select games? If it is all games, will the game be available on release day or sometime later?

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Select games and the first one is inFAMOUS, so I guess they're not always new releases. The details are really sketchy on which games and demos will be available. I'm pretty sure you get Wipeout HD with your first month, which is awesome considering I was thinking about buying it before it was announced it would be included with Plus.

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 03:22 PM
I have to look to see if I bought Wipeout...I think I did when it went on sale :D

cdj
06-28-2010, 04:15 PM
There almost has to be a firmware update. PS3s aren't currently capable of scheduling automatic updates, and I'm pretty sure subscribers get a special plus sign next to their name on people's friend's list, so both of those are things that would need to be added through a firmware update. I'm guessing we'll see the full details on it today on the PS Blog and it'll go live sometime around 11pm EST tonight like they always do.

Bingo! FW 3.40 Adds PlayStation Plus, enhanced Facebook, user ratings (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/28/playstation-3-system-software-update-v3-40-available-soon-2/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=firmware_062810).

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Haha, told ya. I'm excited. I haven't seen a FW update in like 3 months. :D

Great update, too. Especially looking forward to trying out the video editor/uploader, Facebook, and of course, PS +. Like I said earlier, this will probably go love around 11pm or 12am EST. That's usually the standard for these things.

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah it'll be neat to see the little "Happy Meal Toy" we'll get every month as a freebie....the Qore subscription is nice too....I don't have to steal CDJ's using gameshare any more :D

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Just got my PS+ set up! I see a couple of golden pluses already on my friends list ;)

I already have Wipeout HD .... QUACK

JeffHCross
06-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Crap. Decisions, decisions. Only have about 10 gigs left on my current PS3. Maybe I'll have to splurge on that PS3 Slim after all ...

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Just got my PS+ set up! I see a couple of golden pluses already on my friends list ;)

I already have Wipeout HD .... QUACK

Ha, I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to sign up. I immediately downloaded the update as soon as it was available, and signed up about 5 minutes after that. Too bad there isn't like a $10,000 reward to the first 100 subscribers. I'm confident I would've gotten it. :D

Your Plus sign isn't showing up on mine. Mine is the only one on my list that is, which is weird.

cdj
06-28-2010, 11:29 PM
I see a Plus next to IOU and my name, but not JBs. I even signed out and signed back in to see if that would trigger it.

JBHuskers
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Ha, I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to sign up. I immediately downloaded the update as soon as it was available, and signed up about 5 minutes after that. Too bad there isn't like a $10,000 reward to the first 100 subscribers. I'm confident I would've gotten it. :D

Your Plus sign isn't showing up on mine. Mine is the only one on my list that is, which is weird.

I see a Plus next to IOU and my name, but not JBs. I even signed out and signed back in to see if that would trigger it.

Wonder if I have to log out in order to have it show up.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 11:33 PM
I clicked on my name to sync it up to the network. I see mine, but not CDJ's or JB's. Did you guys try synchronizing by checking your trophies? I bet that's the issue.

cdj
06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
It took a while for IOUs to show up as well. It showed up when I was downloading the photo gallery update. I'm interested in seeing how that works with the FB tie-in. The Video Editor seems nice, but won't work with copy-protected vids or any vids put on the HD with FW before 3.40 (fail), so I guess I won't be testing that for a while.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Speaking of which, I'm confused by the new Facebook integration. It that an actual Facebook app on facebook.com, or is that something on my PS3? Either way, how do I access it?

cdj
06-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Speaking of which, I'm confused by the new Facebook integration. It that an actual Facebook app on facebook.com, or is that something on my PS3? Either way, how do I access it?

Go to Account Management, select Facebook at the bottom, and turn any of the settings to ON and it should ask you for your FB account info. I have my Trophy, Purchases, and Events all set to OFF but JB has his set to ON so I know how they work. I'm assuming once the Photo Gallery update is finished, it will either tie into the account or ask for info again.

I don't know what 'Events' are and what games have that aspect.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I've got that working. I meant the new stuff they incorporated. I posted it in the PS3 Discussion thread when I was talking about the firmware update earlier. There's pictures and it looks like it's on the actual facebook.com site, but I can't seem to find it. Unless of course I just completely misunderstood the post.

cdj
06-28-2010, 11:43 PM
That's in the Photo Gallery and when you select it, it prompts you to download the 110 MB update. I have a slow connection, so I'm waiting for it to finish to see what it actually does. Could be a cool feature. Aaron Boulding of ESPN just uploaded some pics to his FB account from his PS3. He seemed pretty pleased/excited about it.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Ahh, that might be it then. I'll have to download it and give it a go.

I OU a Beatn
06-28-2010, 11:52 PM
FOUND IT! This (http://www.facebook.com/connect/uiserver.php?app_id=212833390702&next=http%3A%2F%2Fapps.facebook.com%2Fplaystation% 2F&display=page&locale=en_US&return_session=0&fbconnect=0&canvas=1&legacy_return=1&method=permissions.request) is the app I was talking about. As I thought, it's on the actual facebook site and not your PS3.

cdj
06-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Nice find! Forgot about that aspect. Now I just need my friends to use the app.

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm in....nice!

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Automatic updates are pretty cool. I set it to download between 2 and 4am, so I logged on this morning and it gave me a list of things that it had downloaded. It downloaded the Fat Princess patch, which went live around 3am last night, so apparently it searches for updates the entire time it's on. However, it didn't download the patches for Wipeout HD. I wish it would search for updates for ALL your games, but it's still a nifty feature to have.

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Guess I'll be getting this here soon now

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I clicked on my name to sync it up to the network. I see mine, but not CDJ's or JB's. Did you guys try synchronizing by checking your trophies? I bet that's the issue.

That's probably it.

Automatic updates are pretty cool. I set it to download between 2 and 4am, so I logged on this morning and it gave me a list of things that it had downloaded. It downloaded the Fat Princess patch, which went live around 3am last night, so apparently it searches for updates the entire time it's on. However, it didn't download the patches for Wipeout HD. I wish it would search for updates for ALL your games, but it's still a nifty feature to have.

I'll have to go into the settings and mess around.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I think automatic updates are fucked up a bit. It downloaded a patch for Fat Princess(which I haven't played in forever), but didn't download a patch for Wipeout HD(never played before) OR the Medal of Honor Beta(which I played last 3 or 4 days ago). I'd really like to see the actual specifications the PS3 looks for when it chooses which game it downloads updates for.

The one thing I like about it is that when you boot it up the following morning, it'll tell you which game it downloaded updates for, which is nice.

Kwizzy
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't follow this stuff near as much as I'd like to so bear with me here guys. Is the full feature list the one posted in this thread or is that just the newest bunch of info? I seem to remember something about cloud storage? Could someone post a link or 2 that might help me better understand the full scope of this feature? I'm at work & don't wanna surf around too much trying to piece together all the info.

Also, someone earlier in this thread (I think it might've been IOU) said something to the effect that this "pays for itself", what were you referring to? Thanks in advance for the patience & help.

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
I don't follow this stuff near as much as I'd like to so bear with me here guys. Is the full feature list the one posted in this thread or is that just the newest bunch of info? I seem to remember something about cloud storage? Could someone post a link or 2 that might help me better understand the full scope of this feature? I'm at work & don't wanna surf around too much trying to piece together all the info.

Also, someone earlier in this thread (I think it might've been IOU) said something to the effect that this "pays for itself", what were you referring to? Thanks in advance for the patience & help.

You basically are getting $50 worth of free games and content right off the bat.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 10:46 AM

Here's a good article:

First off, at launch, PlayStation Plus will offer subscribers the full PlayStation Network game, WipEout HD, PSP minis and PS One Classics such as Fieldrunners, Age of Zombies and Rally Cross, full game trial of inFAMOUS, as well as free monthly episodes of Qore – our high-definition, interactive gaming lifestyle show.

With that, here are the basics of the new subscription service that lives on top of the current PlayStation Network:

* The current PSN features will remain free. We are still very committed to PSN as a free comprehensive entertainment service and are certainly not planning on reducing this service following the launch of PlayStation Plus.
* PlayStation Plus is an evolving service and the features included at launch will be:
o Games
o PS Store Discounts
o Exclusive offers on select demos, betas and early purchases
o Full Game Trial
o Automatic Downloads

(More info on these below)
* PlayStation Plus can be purchased through PlayStation Store on PS3 as a one-year package or a three-month package. The three-month package is available for $17.99 and the one-year package will be available for $49.99. We will also be offering three additional bonus months for free if you purchase the 1-year package — that’s 15 months total for $49.99.
* Payment is a one-time fee for either package and can be purchased with any of the current PSN Store payment methods – credit card or PSN Cards.

Here are more details on the features of PlayStation Plus:

Games & Special Offers: As a subscriber, you can expect to get your hands on free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. You will be able to download these games during the month they are available until the new selection replaces them.

Once downloaded, the games are yours to keep and play as long as you are a member of PlayStation Plus. If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe, the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them. Additionally, if you delete one of the titles from your PS3, but decide you want to get it back, then you can re-download from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store if the game is still there, or, if the game has expired from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store, you can simply search for it on PS Store and download it again at no extra cost.

Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.

PlayStation Plus subscribers will also be given exclusive PlayStation Store discounts each month that are above and beyond the current PSN Store discounts available to everyone. These discounts will range from 20% to 50%, and anything you buy with these is yours to keep and enjoy forever.

Finally, wherever possible we’ll be making sure that members are included in selected demos and beta trials before they go live to everyone else, so you can be the one to tell all your friends about the next big game they ‘must’ get.

Subscribers will get hundreds of dollars of value through the year and, in the first month alone, will receive more than $50 worth of content.

Full Game Trial: Each month we will be offering members the chance to download full games and try them out for a period of time (one hour, unless otherwise stated). After the game trial is complete, simply purchase the game to carry on where you left off. This is a unique way to trial the full game experience and means you don’t have to be restricted to certain levels/game modes when you test out a game.

The games in Full Game Trial will become available to all PS Store users to purchase, but only PlayStation Plus members will have the chance to ‘try before you buy’.

The other great thing about this feature is that you can continue from where you were at the end of the trial period if you decide to buy the game. All game saves and trophies earned during the trial will be unlocked and will show up on your trophy list and your trophy level when you purchase the game. You don’t even have to re-download the game, just purchase and go back to the XMB to access the game.

Automatic Download: Subscribers will be able to set their PS3 to wake up from standby at any time of the day or night, download and install any game updates for the games you have been playing so you don’t have to think about it. Also, select demos and videos will be pushed to your PS3 ready to go. System software updates will also download automatically (manual install still required) and then the PS3 will turn itself off again.

Game updates and demos will also automatically install and the next time you turn on your PS3 you will see a brief on-screen message letting you know what has been downloaded and updated.

Here are some more answers to frequently asked questions from the last blog post:

* Cross-game voice chat is a feature we know our passionate user base has asked for and we’ll continue to look at as a viable offering for the PlayStation Network.
* You need to be the master account holder on the PS3 and be over 18 to purchase PlayStation Plus, but other accounts on that PS3 will be able to play the games you download for as long as you are a subscriber.
* The “free” games you can download each month are yours to keep for as long as you are a subscriber.
* PlayStation Plus is for PS3 owners as subscribership can only be purchased on the PSN Store. However, some of the content – minis and PS One Classics – available each month will also be playable on your PSP if you have one. Download them on the PS3 and transfer to your PSP, or download directly from the PSP Store or Media Go for PSP.

PlayStation Plus is a continually evolving service and we are always working on identifying new partnerships, developing new features and providing new content that our users want. So thanks again for all your comments and questions and please continue to offer more ideas at PlayStation.Blog Share.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Anyway, when I said it pays for itself, I meant it literally. I paid $50 for a year, and as a promotion, you get an additional 3 months free when you sign up for a year by July 1st.

In the first month ALONE, I've already received over $30 worth of content for free. I got Wipeout HD($20), Rally Cross($6), and Age of Zombies($4) all for free. I also got a $1 discount on the Fat Princess DLC I was going to buy anyway. We also get exclusives themes and avatars for free each month. For example, this month was a cool PSN theme and Fat Princess avatars. Starting July 1st, we also get free episodes of Qore, so the service truly does pay for itself.

Kwizzy
06-29-2010, 10:56 AM
You basically are getting $50 worth of free games and content right off the bat.

Oh ok, I thought I had read in the past that a subscription would include some kind of warranty/replacement service that made it a really good deal.

Thanks for that IOU, so the "cloud storage" might be included in the "future additions" or am I thinking of something completely different?

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 11:00 AM
They will definitely add stuff to this in the future. I can almost guarantee you that Cross Game Chat and eventually Cloud Storage will be a couple of those additions.

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 11:09 AM
They will definitely add stuff to this in the future. I can almost guarantee you that Cross Game Chat and eventually Cloud Storage will be a couple of those additions.

Was thinking cross-game chat was going to be at launch. Guess not.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm guessing they have it functional right now, they're probably just having some trouble getting it to work without having a bunch of issues with it as well. They swear up and down it wont be a Plus feature, but I have a hard time believing they will get it to everyone for free. That's not only a feature that takes a long time to develop and implement, it's also a pretty huge strain on the network.

Kwizzy
06-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, I think I'm gonna pass on + for awhile... I don't spend enough time on my ps3 or play enough different games (other than sports games) to really justify the $$$ right now. Until they add things like cloud storage &/or an exlusive demo release I just don't see myself getting much out of this. I would be interested to hear if the downloads are faster on + though.

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, I think I'm gonna pass on + for awhile... I don't spend enough time on my ps3 or play enough different games (other than sports games) to really justify the $$$ right now. Until they add things like cloud storage &/or an exlusive demo release I just don't see myself getting much out of this. I would be interested to hear if the downloads are faster on + though.

Understandable....Beatn, CDJ, and myself are gaming crackheads :D so the Plus was a no-brainer.

JeffHCross
06-29-2010, 09:19 PM
I'll be joining you guys soon enough, once I have time for my PS3 again (lol). Wipeout + Qore is enough to justify it for me.

Kingpin32
06-29-2010, 09:36 PM
I'll probably get it in a couple of months, I wanna see what else stuff they'll give out for getting it.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Understandable....Beatn, CDJ, and myself are gaming crackheads :D so the Plus was a no-brainer.

Yeah, and especially with guys like us since we spend so much money on games from the PS Store. For people like that, this is a GREAT deal, something you'll never be able to beat. Put $50 down and basically get 30+ free games and DLC throughout the subscription year. It honestly sounds too good to be true, but this is a subscription based with gamers in mind and I absolutely love it. It's a no-brainer deal for me with no doubts whatsoever. Plus, I love the little golden D-Pad next to my name. It makes me feel special. :D :p

JBHuskers
06-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah the initial deals did nothing much for me as I already had Wipeout when it went on sale. If we get LBP, well I already have that too.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't think we get LBP. I think that was a Europe only thing. The US got 3 months free, EU got LBP. I'd rather have 3 months free anyway.

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Broke down and got it this evening. I'm not to big on buying anything really from the PSN store other than a few add ons to certain games (Tiger and COD) but I'll probably download/buy more often now.

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Considering you get 3 FREE games every single month, it should give you some motivation to download them. ;)

skipwondah33
06-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Damn didn't know it was 3 free games a month..That $50 I dropped will add some motivation lol

texacotea
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Figured out what it meant JB, after i went to the PSN store and looked around. Prob going to wait, im not on the level of JB, CD, and IOU but do occasionally get games from the PSN store. This will be something down the road though for sure

Coachdenz
07-01-2010, 09:24 PM
is it any 3 games or select 3 free games?

I OU a Beatn
07-01-2010, 09:32 PM
They select them. This month was Wipeout HD, Age of Zombies, and Rally Cross.

Nothingface
07-03-2010, 06:14 PM
n/m

CLW
07-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow I'll have to think about getting this. 3 free games a month? Are these full blown PS3 games that I simply download/set to download each month?

I OU a Beatn
07-04-2010, 09:13 PM
It's 4, actually. 1 game each month is a full blown PSN release like Wipeout HD this month and Zen Pinball next month, I believe. 2 of them are minis which are little games you can play on your PS3 or PSP and have really shitty graphics. They're only like $4 originally, so they're not much. The other one is a PSONE remake, so even though you're getting 4 free games a month, only one of them is worth downloading. :D

JeffHCross
07-05-2010, 12:17 AM
From the EU blog, so content may (will) vary from the US ...

Month 1: June 29th – August 3rd
Intro offer: LBP (standard edition)
PSN PS3: Wipeout HD
minis: Field Runners, Age of Zombies
PSone: Destruction Derby
Full Game Trial: Shatter, Savage Moon
Discounts: LBP God of War Pack – 50%, LBP: LocoRoco costume pack – 50%, Gravity Crash – 20%, Fat Princess DLC – 20%
Premium Game Element: KillZone 2: Steel & Titanium DLC
Push demo: ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain
Themes: LBP Theme, SCEE produced: PlayStation “Game Is Just The Start” Dynamic Theme
2 x Fat Princess Premium Avatars

Month 2: August 4th – September 1st
PSN PS3: Zen Pinball
minis: Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death
PSone: Medievil
Full Game Trial: Inferno Pool, Mushroom Wars
Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defence Table – 20%, Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%, Super Stardust HD - 20%, WipeOutHD Fury – 20%
Premium Game Elements: Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack
Push Demo: Flower, Pixel Junk Shooter
Themes: “SCEE produced: PlayStation + Dynamic Theme (in production), Heavy Rain Crime Scene Theme
2 x Heavy Rain Avatars (Bird and Butterfly)

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 07:09 PM
I wish the PS Minis had trophies :D Beatn would agree.

JeffHCross
07-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I wish the PS Minis had trophies :D Beatn would agree.Until I just looked it up, I thought Minis were still PSP only. Hm. Good to know.

And no, JB, you do not need new ways to whore yourself out.

UGA14
07-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Sweet Zen Pinball seems like a cool game.

I OU a Beatn
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I wish the PS Minis had trophies :D Beatn would agree.

I've been saying that since the first one released.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Sweet Zen Pinball seems like a cool game.

It is ... bummer I already have it LOL Zen does a GREAT job with pinball games. This and the Williams Collection are definite buys if you're a pinball fan as both are made by Zen.

JBHuskers
07-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Sweet! Just had an automatic patch and demo downloaded. I was going to play some Braid last night, but there was a 250 MB patch and I didn't want to wait for it, so I quit. And the Kane and Lynch 2 demo downloaded as well. Very neat feature of PS+.

skipwondah33
07-26-2010, 12:53 PM
JB how do you set it to download demos automatically? Is there an option to select what demos you want to grab?

I ask because it would be sweet if it could dl the Madden demo while I'm at work.

JBHuskers
07-26-2010, 01:01 PM
JB how do you set it to download demos automatically? Is there an option to select what demos you want to grab?

I ask because it would be sweet if it could dl the Madden demo while I'm at work.

There is an option in your system settings. I think it's automatically set to turn on. But I think it is just for Plus stuff. I am not sure there is a way to set what you want it to automatically download. The only time it's automatically downloaded something for me was I had started to download the update to Braid, but never finished it cuz the file was large and I didn't want to wait. And then the PS+ exclusive Kane and Lynch 2 demo.

cdj
08-03-2010, 09:34 PM
From Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/03/playstation-plus-updates-now-coming-every-other-week/):

PlayStation Blog has announced that PlayStation Plus subscriber content will now be updated every other week (instead of weekly). With no Plus additions to this week's PSN update, subscribers can look forward to new content coming next Tuesday, August 10, including a timed trial of Red Faction: Guerrilla, the August episode of Qore, a discount on PixelJunk Racers: Second Lap and a free copy of the Minis title Aero Racer.

I OU a Beatn
08-03-2010, 10:43 PM
As long as I get my free game every month, I'll be happy. There's also someone who looked at some string of code not too long ago and said that there's a code that suggest Plus members will be able to change their PSN ID.

JBHuskers
08-04-2010, 12:17 AM
As long as I get my free game every month, I'll be happy. There's also someone who looked at some string of code not too long ago and said that there's a code that suggest Plus members will be able to change their PSN ID.

I'm pretty set with mine :D

JeffHCross
08-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Same here.

I OU a Beatn
08-04-2010, 06:51 AM
The only thing I would change is getting rid of the stupid dash and underscores in my name. Of course, they'd have to allow us to have spaces first. I don't get why they ever disallowed spaces in peoples' usernames. :D

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't get why they ever disallowed spaces in peoples' usernames. :DIf I had to guess ... Linux backend server? Unix systems don't like spaces.

JeffHCross
08-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Awesomely bad aspect of the 60 minute trial for PS Plus users ... it's 60 minutes on the clock, not 60 minutes of game time. Utterly worthless if you're not planning to play for an hour straight.

CLW
08-16-2010, 11:58 AM
So... now that you guys have had Plus for awhile what do you think?

skipwondah33
08-17-2010, 10:52 AM
So... now that you guys have had Plus for awhile what do you think?

lol well I don't use it for much at all honestly. I've downloaded a few of the freebies, like Syphon Filter but haven't even installed it yet. Don't know who I was kidding but I rarely ever feel like playing anything other than my sports games and my occasional GTA rampage that I like to inflict on Liberty City.

cdj
08-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I've read some people say they really like the auto-download feature of demos and game updates, but I haven't had my system set up correctly for that until lately.

skipwondah33
08-17-2010, 11:51 AM
That I do like, definitely convienient but I'm hesitant of wanting my system to turn on while I'm not there, then wait an hour to shutdown.

JBHuskers
08-17-2010, 12:09 PM
So does it only shutdown automatically when you're at the XMB? I've left Madden idle before for a while and the system is still on.

skipwondah33
08-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah it only will shutdown if you sit on the XMB for x amount of time. If you are in a game the only thing it will do is dim your screen but the game will still run.

JeffHCross
08-22-2010, 12:13 AM
There's a setting for that. In the System settings where you set the auto-shutdown, you can tell it whether or not you want to ignore it during gameplay / movies. Obviously that would be a problem if it would automatically shutdown after an hour, but the setting is there.

Simple answer is just leave the game when you're done with it ;)

Overall, I'm happy with Plus ... so far. It's definitely not going to be as good as I originally hoped, but I've downloaded a handful of things.

cdj
08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Anyone else get a Dead Nation beta invite? I'm assuming it's for being a PS+ member.

skipwondah33
08-24-2010, 08:22 AM
I haven't checked, when did you get it?

cdj
08-24-2010, 08:23 AM
2 AM.

JBHuskers
08-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Dead Nation invites were by e-mail randomly, not for PS+

Mushroom Wars for free for PS+ members. Finally a full game for free I don't have :D

JBHuskers
09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Still loving this...Madden patch automatically downloaded and installed. Not sure why it doesn't do it for everything, wonder if that is on the developers side of coding.

JeffHCross
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
I think it also has something to do with timing. Last week it downloaded something to my PS3 ... oh yeah, the software update. But I didn't wait long enough to see if it would download the NCAA patches overnight ... had to get it as early as it hit.

JBHuskers
09-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I set my download time from 8am to 10am.

cdj
10-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Introducing PlayStation Rewards – A New Way to Earn Exclusive Status and Recognition (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/27/introducing-playstation-rewards-a-new-way-to-earn-exclusive-status-and-recognition/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=playstation_rewards_102710)

Today, we’re excited to share news of the launch of PlayStation Rewards, a new program that recognizes and rewards our users for simply doing what they love – playing games and interacting with the entertainment content that PlayStation has to offer. We really wanted to create something that says, “thank you” for being a loyal PlayStation fan.

In its initial launch tomorrow (Oct. 28th), PlayStation Rewards will be an invitation-only beta to all eligible PlayStation Plus and Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP) members. We’re kicking things off as a beta so that we can get feedback from our most loyal fans in order to make it the best possible rewards program it can be. It’s also worth noting that during the beta phase, the program will be focused on PlayStation 3 owners, but we hope to include PSP users as well not too far down the road. Oh, and one more thing: PlayStation Rewards will be free – there is no fee to join!

Now, to give you a bit more details on the new loyalty program… PlayStation Rewards is designed to give you the opportunity to gain exclusive status, recognition, and rewards as a thank you for your continued interest in PlayStation. And, the best part is that you don’t have to do anything different. Keep playing new games, buying content purchased from PlayStation Network in the PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home, download movies and TV shows, or just communicate with us by taking one of our surveys, for example, and you’ll now be recognized for it.

The more you play and participate, the more progress you’ll make through our three reward tiers — “Select,” “Pro,” and “Legendary.” As your status increases, so do the rewards. And if you want to check out your current status level, simply go to your private profile page and look at the reward progress meter.

So what do you get? Right now, rewards include things like…
- Exclusive PSN avatars that display member status in the program
- Exclusive dynamic themes and PlayStation Home content
- Opportunities throughout the program year to participate in members-only sweepstakes and giveaways for experiences and merchandise you won’t find elsewhere (The first of which is an all expenses paid trip to the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, as PlayStation’s guest)

That’s just the start and our plan is to continually grow and improve the reward offering as the program itself evolves. Your feedback in this beta period will help make the program even better!!

If you’re a GAP member or PlayStation Plus subscriber in the U.S., who is opted-in to marketing as of October 24th, be sure to look for your invitation and sign-up for PlayStation Rewards.

To learn more about our new loyalty program, check back tomorrow when the site will be live and the beta forum will be available for all eligible participants.

We look forward to showing you our appreciation along the way!

Based on this:

The more you play and participate, the more progress you’ll make through our three reward tiers — “Select,” “Pro,” and “Legendary.” As your status increases, so do the rewards. And if you want to check out your current status level, simply go to your private profile page and look at the reward progress meter.
Violator must now be President of Sony - congrats! :P

CLW
10-27-2010, 12:20 PM
If you’re a GAP member or PlayStation Plus subscriber in the U.S., who is opted-in to marketing as of October 24th, be sure to look for your invitation and sign-up for PlayStation Rewards.

Damn I would have bought plus today when I got home until I read that. Well at least I know a couple of you guys will keep us posted.

JBHuskers
10-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah I've been completely pleased with PS+ from day one. Kinda sucked that most of the free PSN titles I had already received, but I've already more than made up for the purchase price on it. This is just icing on the cake.

I OU a Beatn
10-27-2010, 05:06 PM

That sounds an awful lot like I already get with Plus. It's cool that they're rewarding people and recognizing them for their activity with the Playstation brand, but to be honest, the content that has been supplied so far for Plus has been underwhelming. One of the major reasons that I signed up was to get access to the beta, and then they pull the garbage they did with the KZ3 beta. They limit it to the first 5,000 people to download a theme, which went live at like 6PM EST when most people are working, so the kiddies are the ones who got accepted. Granted, I was accepted into the beta long before that, but it's still retarded.

This Rewards thing just sounds like a way to make the Plus whiners shut up.

JeffHCross
10-27-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm not opted in to the marketing :D Oh well.

JBHuskers
12-01-2010, 04:17 PM
NICE!!!! :))

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/01/coming-to-playstation-plus-our-biggest-publish-yet/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=plus_120101

PS+ subscribers are getting some nice Christmas presents for the month of December.....

We're getting Sackboy Prehistoric Moves & ALL episodes of Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (Episodes 1-5) free!

I OU a Beatn
12-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Holy fucking AWESOME. I can't wait to get my hands on that shit...and for free no less(Sackboy that is).

JBHuskers
12-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Yeah I think the Sackboy game is free with LBP2, or $10 on the PSN, but PS+ users will get the Sackboy game a week before release.

JBHuskers
12-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Pretty cool article of two guys tracking their PS+ investments....I think I've already received a great ROI on my $50 purchase. The Sam & Max and Sackboy game offerings this month will definitely put that over the top.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1102752p1.html

JBHuskers
12-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Pretty good article on IGN of a couple of guys tracking their PS+ investments. To me I've already received a great ROI....especially when all five Sam & Max episodes are free, along with the new Sackboy game.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/110/1102752/is-playstation-plus-a-good-deal-20101201012001589.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/110/1102752/is-playstation-plus-a-good-deal-20101201012000057.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1102752p1.html

I OU a Beatn
12-03-2010, 11:50 PM
I've already gone way over positive. The really cool thing is that I still have almost a year left and they're just now starting to pump out the really good deals. Looking forward to the coming months, for sure.

JBHuskers
12-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I've already gone way over positive. The really cool thing is that I still have almost a year left and they're just now starting to pump out the really good deals. Looking forward to the coming months, for sure.

Yeah I'm positive that I'm in the positive. The only bummer was some of the early free games I had already purchased.

JeffHCross
12-04-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm fairly confident I'm not in the positive, but I've also gotten several things I wouldn't have otherwise.

I OU a Beatn
12-08-2010, 08:16 PM
As per the PS Blog, ALL PS+ subscribers are getting an invitation to the DC Universe beta. Awesome.

JBHuskers
12-08-2010, 10:22 PM
As per the PS Blog, ALL PS+ subscribers are getting an invitation to the DC Universe beta. Awesome.

No shit? NICE.

JBHuskers
12-09-2010, 09:09 AM
A Space Shooter for Two Bucks! launches Dec 21 on PSN for surprising price of $1.99 (free for Plus subscribers) http://bit.ly/enSf5T

JeffHCross
12-10-2010, 10:35 PM
As per the PS Blog, ALL PS+ subscribers are getting an invitation to the DC Universe beta. Awesome.Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt!

JBHuskers
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Another pretty cool perk just announced for PS+ members...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/20/mag-full-game-trial-on-december-21/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=MAG_122010

We’re extremely excited to announce that starting tomorrow, on December 21, MAG will be available in its entirety as a full game download on the PlayStation Store.

Priced identically to its boxed “Greatest Hits” counterpart, the downloadable version of MAG (4.7 GB) will run you a mere $29.99 and come complete with all the bells and whistles found in our patches up to v2.10.

To celebrate its release, PlayStation Plus users can try MAG out for free with an exclusive full game trial! Members can play the game and any of its original modes at no charge for as long as their PlayStation Plus membership lasts, with their only limitation being a level 8 character cap. However, members will continue to earn experience as long as they play the game, allowing them to automatically receive credit for time played once they’ve purchased the full product.

Membership has its benefits, yes?

(not sure if having a level cap at 8 hinders you or not? but I may actually jump in and play some now)

JBHuskers
12-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Did some reading up and it looks like the level cap is 70 for regular MAG buyers....but I really am not going to play all that much, so I don't care....but I will download and give it a whirl.

I OU a Beatn
12-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, you wont have jack at level 8. That's only a few weapon upgrades available at that level and you'll be consistently getting your ass owned with the weapons you'll have, lol. No one plays it anymore, anyway, so it's probably a waste of a download. Hence why 99% of my gaming is done on 360 now. Sony and their developers don't support their online games at all.

JeffHCross
12-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Hence why 99% of my gaming is done on 360 now. Sony and their developers don't support their online games at all.I swear, you are a bipolar gamer.

JBHuskers
12-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah MAG free download on the PSN for PS+ members is cool, but I can get the full game for under $12 - http://www.amazon.com/MAG-Playstation-3/dp/B001COV1CY/ref=pd_ts_vg_69?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

I OU a Beatn
12-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I swear, you are a bipolar gamer.

I probably am. When I'm in the mood for multiplayer, I swear by the 360. When I'm in the mood for single player, which is getting really rare these days, I'll hop on my PS3. It just pisses me off how terrible Sony is at listening to their customers and how shitty their online service is. We've been asking for cross game chat and a party system for 2 or 3 years now, and they still haven't even acknowledged they're even working on it.

Then, as I said, you have the lack of support for their online games. Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 were blockbuster titles and they released a whopping 6 DLC maps a piece for each of those. That's exactly why those communities died so fast. Gears 2 has received at least 15 DLC maps and that community is flourishing just like it always has been, and it's been out 4 months longer than Killzone 2, and over a whole year longer than Uncharted 2.

MAG is dead online solely because Sony and their developers don't support their title. It's been out since January and it's received a whopping total of...you guessed it...6 DLC maps. :smh:

JBHuskers
12-22-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/12/landg530pxheaderimgpsplus.jpg

A game I've been wanting to try will be free in January....Lead & Gold

PlayStation Plus subscribers growing weary of the DC Universe Online beta will be glad to read that a new trio of free games awaits them in the coming calendar year. PSN multiplayer game Lead & Gold: Gangs of the Wild West, PlayStation classic Spyro the Dragon, and PSN Mini Pipe Madness will unlock for free to all PS Plus members as of January 4, 2011. A handful of discounts will also become available, as well as a duo of featured themes and avatars.

For those of you not yet enjoying December's PS Plus spoils, you've got until the aforementioned January date to snag 'em -- Dead Nation for $12 instead of $15? Yes, please! That said, at this point, you'll likely be the third or fourth person queuing up to speak with Superman in DCUO, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

JBHuskers
12-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Well GameFly is selling MAG for $9.99 :D

morsdraconis
12-22-2010, 08:26 PM
MAG is just an awful FPS. You have to invest 30 or 40 hours to really have any fun at all and then unless you actually know someone that's still playing it (not likely) you're still pretty much just wasting your time. The lag is horrendous as well...

I OU a Beatn
12-22-2010, 11:43 PM
It was fun as hell during the beta and the first 2 or 3 months after launch. After that...it's a generic FPS that no one even bothers playing anymore. If the community still existed that played it during the opening month or two, I'd still be playing 2 or 3 hours every day. To this day, my most played online game ever hour wise is MAG, which something like 350 hours...and that's just the retail game. I had another 100+ hours invested into the beta. My next closest is Gears 2 which is right around 220.

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 12:11 AM
I probably am. When I'm in the mood for multiplayer, I swear by the 360. When I'm in the mood for single player, which is getting really rare these days, I'll hop on my PS3. It just pisses me off how terrible Sony is at listening to their customers and how shitty their online service is.Supply and demand. So many people are on the 360 and XBL that it makes sense to release tons of DLC maps for it. I think practically everyone that has both consoles has made the exact same choice. And a lot of people that don't have both consoles probably made their choice based on exactly what you're saying. Do I take the shooter console (360 with Halo, GoW, etc) or the single-player console (PS3 with Uncharted series, Ratchet & Clank series, etc).

I mean, for goodness sake, you're talking about Gears of War 2 ... a Game of the Year candidate and the 7th best selling game of the year, versus a game (Killzone 2) that took over two months to sell a million copies. Uncharted 2 is a more fair comparison ... except that I'd say multiplayer wasn't the big seller there. Maybe it was (after all, wasn't the beta pure multiplayer?), and I'll admit I could be wrong, but I don't see it. According to vgchartz, MAG worldwide is just over a million sales too. So ... GoW 2: 5+ million copies, 15 DLC maps ... Uncharted 2 + Killzone 2 + MAG: 4 million + 1 million + 1 million ... 6+ million copies, 18 DLC maps. Wow, that looks about right, wouldn't you say?

I OU a Beatn
12-23-2010, 10:39 AM
It's all in how you look at things. Uncharted 2 isn't that far behind Gears of War 2 in terms of sales numbers. I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 recently went over 4 million, or they're at least close to it. The community aspect for the XBL games is just so much more prevalent. A lot of the changes you see today in Gears of War 2 are solely because of the feedback Epic Games received on their forums. The developers are constantly a presence on the forums and listening to feedback...even engaging in some of the discussion to offer their feedback. Bungie is the exact same way.

Look at Uncharted 2. The game was drastically changed from how it was when it launched. A VERY small group of players wanted COD-style health, and for some dumbfounded reason, they patched that in. Not only did they piss off probably 75% of their community, but pretty much ruined how the game was originally played. Killzone 2 to Killzone 3 is the same way, and may actually prevent me from buying. Once again, a few people whined about the controls and bullet damage in Killzone 2...and guess what they changed in Killzone 3, or at least in the beta. Super fast controls and 4 or 5 hit for a kill.

Sales shouldn't even matter when it comes to maps. Killzone 2 is the flag ship online shooter for PS3 and like I said, it got a whopping 6 DLC maps. That's ridiculous. If Sony were to actually support their titles and listen to the respective communities of those said titles, the PS3 would by default start selling better in America. In case they haven't noticed, that's what a lot of American gamers want...a well connected and social experience to play their online multiplayer games.

JBHuskers
12-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Gears has so many lil 10 year olds glitching all damn day to ruin the fun for me...but loved Hoard mode....I'd love to see the entire campaign co-op.

JeffHCross
12-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Sales shouldn't even matter when it comes to maps.Sales, and by proxy community size, shouldn't influence how much extra money is pumped into a game to make DLC? You've got to be shitting me.

I OU a Beatn
12-23-2010, 11:54 PM
It shouldn't. Each time the DLC packs were released for Killzone 2, they were number 1 on the store's download list. The same exact were true for all of U2's map pack, so there's obviously a pretty huge demand for them. As is the case with Uncharted, they ditched Uncharted 2 the second they started working on U3 and GG ditched KZ2 the second they started working on KZ3. It's understandable, but you'd think they would have enough respect for their community to continue supporting their previous game while they're making the sequel.

JeffHCross
12-24-2010, 01:05 AM
It's understandable, but you'd think they would have enough respect for their community to continue supporting their previous game while they're making the sequel.Eh, but not every company has the resources (or is willing to pay for the resources) to do that, to be honest. I agree that's how it should be done, but expecting it is just asking for disappointment, imo.

I OU a Beatn
12-24-2010, 01:17 AM
This is true. You would just think that Sony would support the Killzone and Uncharted titles just a bit more. A little advertising and more support from the developers and you're probably looking at Halo and Gears sales numbers because aside from the lack of support, the games are pretty much neck and neck in terms of quality. Oh well, one can dream, right? :D

JeffHCross
12-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Gears, I'll grant you, other titles could catch. But nothing's going to be Halo in terms of sales numbers. That brand is just too good. Even the next Bungie title probably won't get the numbers.

morsdraconis
12-26-2010, 04:48 AM
I never understood what was so special about Halo. The story was pretty much the same stuff that all shooters use (super-human like soldier that himself takes down armada of aliens/other bad things to save the world). The design for the game was pretty simplistic (ballistics, energy weapons, and a knockoff of the lightsabre). The only thing that was even remotely innovative was the shield/health system. Just never got the craze over Halo but it also wasn't anywhere close to the first FPS I'd ever played and maybe that's the reason why. I guess when you've played Doom, Doom 2, Wolfenstein, Blake Stone, Quake, Quake 2, Blood, Hexen, Heretic, and many other early FPSs, you really aren't blown away by generic retread stuff like Halo...

JeffHCross
12-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Agreed to all points. I think Halo took off because of XBLA. Though why we had LAN parties and the like for Halo was beyond me ... there were so many other shooters that you could have a LAN party for.

I OU a Beatn
12-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I personally love the story in the Halo games. Halo 3 is one of my favorite campaigns all time, while Halo: Reach is far and away my favorite. There's a certain atmosphere that Bungie seems to be able to tap into that no other developer can really bring into their games. The final scene in Halo: Reach was simply awe inspiring.

JeffHCross
12-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Halo has the atmosphere, I certainly agree, but the story does boil down to a rather generic one. But, with a presentation like Halo, atmosphere is everything.

I OU a Beatn
12-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah, the story is definitely generic. However, Halo, unlike MANY other games..is actually expanding upon their universe with every game. Way too many games created in awesome universes don't fully delve into the story..and that is something Halo definitely does beautifully. Sony is close to doing so with Killzone and Uncharted, so hopefully they'll take advantage of that over the next few in those series.

JBHuskers
12-29-2010, 10:27 AM
I think there is supposed to be something decent for free on PS+ on 1/4, but I forget what it is :D

Edit: oh yeah, Lead & Gold for free....

I OU a Beatn
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
December 18th update includes mini Hero of Sparta for free, Scott Pilgrim vs the World for $5, and the release of Modern Combat: Domination for a discounted price of $5.99. Boom.

JBHuskers
01-06-2011, 08:28 AM
December 18th update includes mini Hero of Sparta for free, Scott Pilgrim vs the World for $5, and the release of Modern Combat: Domination for a discounted price of $5.99. Boom.

January McFly ;)

Already have Pilgrim, what's this Modern Combat you're oozing over?

morsdraconis
01-06-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CEIE1hDUzc

Looks pretty damn cool. I'm tempted to buy it (since I can't fuckin' stand what Treyarch did to Modern Warfare...)

JBHuskers
01-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Oooooh nice.....for $6 hell yes.

morsdraconis
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
But it doesn't have a release date does it? Or is it Playstation Plus only? I couldn't find it in the Store...

I OU a Beatn
01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
It's a slowed down and much more tactical version of Call of Duty that has 100% full support for the Move(or DS3 if you prefer). I'm pretty sure it's coming out 1/18(because that's when the discount goes in effect for Plus members - so I guess technically it could release 1/11). $5.99 for Plus members, $7.99 for everyone else. Still...a GREAT bargain.

JBHuskers
01-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm guessing it comes out 1/18...there are times where things that are released are in PS+ same day. The Undead pack for RDR was that way.

morsdraconis
01-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Oh ok. There was just talk like it was already out (OU putting 12/18 instead of 1/18 confused me and then I couldn't find basically anything about it online just confused me more). I will definitely be purchasing it when it's available.

I OU a Beatn
01-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Whoops, my bad. :D

morsdraconis
01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
:D It's all good. Just confused me when it wasn't on the PSN Store anywhere and there's basically nothing online about it besides a teaser trailer (no wikipedia page at all and on gamefaqs.com it only has TBA 2011 for a release date).

On the plus side, it made me get around to getting PSN+ and I checked out two of the free games available to Plus members for this month. The wild west third-person shooter, Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West, is pretty fun, but I was very disappointed with the horrible floaty controls on A Space Shooter for Two Bucks! (space shooters should NEVER have floating controls if you're going to emulate bulletcloud shooters at all, like it is trying to do).

UGA14
01-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I'll probably get it. I bought it on the iPad. But it can go to hell on the iPad. I have no idea how people play that kinda game on there.

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I did some looking around on gamesharing PS+ discounted games. Apparantly people are doing it, but you can't with the free games that people get, but anything you pay for you can.

Beatn, wasn't it you that stated that Sony said you can't gameshare PS+ stuff, or was that pertaining to the free things where you don't have the ability to do so anyways?

I OU a Beatn
01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
They accused me of it when I tried to activated my 4th PS3, but I told the snobby little customer service rep he was a retard and ended up speaking with a supervisor who helped me. But yeah, you're not supposed to do it. Sony sees it basically as stealing, which in a way, they're right, but oh well. A LOT of people do it and Sony is trying to put a stop to it. It used to be set up so you could have your PSN account activated on 5 PS3s, but they lowered it to 3 to help out with gamesharing. People would basically form groups of 5 and just take turns buying games and then downloading to their consoles, which as you can guess, loses Sony a LOT of money.

JBHuskers
01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah ... I read that in the beginning Sony was PROMOTING it :D

I just thought the gameshare thing with PS+ was a different animal. I actually had no problem what so ever with the Sony rep I dealt with to get my old system deactiviated, and then again not too long ago with the separate deactivation of media....I was just wondering if there was something separate with PS+. From what I read, the free games you can't share if you tried, but discounted titles are not any different....

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
oooooh

According to a recent report from Kotaku, unnamed sources in the game development community have received notifications from Sony telling of a feature which will be incorporated into PS3 firmware update 3.60: Cloud storage for saved games. According to the report, the feature (called "Online Saving") gives developers the opportunity to let players set up their save files on a remote server, preserving the precious, precious space on their own hard drives, and allowing players to access save data from multiple consoles.

These developers also reportedly explained that the feature will only be made available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, or, as they'll henceforth be called, the "Save File Insured." This report sounds fairly believable -- remote storage was one of the rumored features of PlayStation Plus before its reveal, and there was also that Sony trademark for "PS Cloud" back in 2009. We've contacted Sony for a comment on this report.

I OU a Beatn
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
It'll be a useless feature. Half the games lock their save files, which means they can't be copied, so unless they change that...this will be useless. If they do change it, then it opens the game completely up to hackers.

JBHuskers
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
It's good though in case your system fails.

I OU a Beatn
01-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah, but even then, it only works on games that let you back the file up in the first place. A TON of games lock the save file so that it can't be copied to a computer, modified, and then copied back(this is how hacking was done before the recent jailbreaks). I don't have a list, but I do know that Killzone 2 didn't allow you to copy, and neither did a lot of other games I tried to transfer the one time my PS3 stopped reading discs. The only way I see this being useful is if they unlock the save files for all the games, which is just asking for hackers to take advantage of.

I wish they would use a save file system like 360 where it's tied to your gamertag and you don't have to do anything - if you switch consoles, it automatically detects the last position you completed and lets your start from there. Not all games use it, but most do and it's extremely useful.

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Coming to PlayStation Plus: Free day one copy of Stacking plus Killzone 3 SP demo & Yakuza 4 demo: http://bit.ly/fO4vrz

I OU a Beatn
02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Free Stacking...HOLY AWESOME. That saves me $15.

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Free Stacking...HOLY AWESOME. That saves me $15.

Yes! I'm stoked about that.....I probably wouldn't have bought it at $15.

I OU a Beatn
02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I was going to the day of, I was just waiting for release date info...but that's awesome.

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I was going to the day of, I was just waiting for release date info...but that's awesome.

Hmmm...I guess I just haven't looked into that much to get interested.

skipwondah33
02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Man I have the this but I don't ever use it lol. About the only thing I have used it for is this cool looking theme I got...oh and an avatar. I mainly got it for the automatic update feature but I don't even use that.

What is this Stacking that you guys speak of?

CLW
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Man I have the this but I don't ever use it lol. About the only thing I have used it for is this cool looking theme I got...oh and an avatar. I mainly got it for the automatic update feature but I don't even use that.

What is this Stacking that you guys speak of?

LMAO and Skip's post here is why I haven't bit the bullet (so to speak) and paid for PS+. I'm worried I would buy the damn thing and then NEVER use it.

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Shit I've used it quite a bit.

skipwondah33
02-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Well if I played more than 2-3 games then I probably would. I only play sports games and shooters really. I've downloaded some stuff but I haven't even installed it yet.

CLW it may be worth it to you because you play all types of games but I figured it would be worth it to me for the download feature and maybe a game or two a month.

I may get into eventually, I think it expires later this year

JBHuskers
03-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Red Faction: Battlegrounds coming April 5 for $10, distributed free as PS Plus incentive (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/19/red-faction-battlegrounds-coming-april-5-for-10-distributed-f/)

cdj
03-29-2011, 11:18 PM
The PlayStation Rewards program will not officially roll out in April, but is delayed indefinitely (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/29/playstation-rewards-program-delayed/).

I did get an e-mail from them yesterday and will receive a t-shirt, so I had to make sure my address in my account info was correct.

IOU - Did you get that Sony e-mail?

I OU a Beatn
03-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Nope, I was never in the Rewards beta because I didn't get the email for that, either.

JeffHCross
03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
FWIW, I don't recall seeing anything about Rewards either.

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
FWIW what we did see will probably it, I bet Sony ditches it.

JBHuskers
03-31-2011, 10:05 AM
From Joystiq:

The PlayStation Blog has revealed the next round of perks lined up for PlayStation Plus subscribers, including free games, some exclusive deals and one big full game trial. First up, the free stuff: The Trophy-supported version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will be free to Plus members as of next Tuesday, April 5, as will Duael Invaders, the PSN minis shmup. Members will also get a free "Men of Yakuza 4" theme and a Crane Dance theme, both on April 12.

Sony's also offering up discounts for Plus members, including Stardrone for $4, Hamsterball for $3.99 and the upcoming Dungeon Hunter: Alliance action RPG for $9.74, a few bucks off the standard $12.99 price. Finally, on April 12, Plus members will have access to a full game trial of the first Assassin's Creed, just in case you've never played Altaïr's original adventure. (Spoiler: it's good, but the sequels are much better.)

JBHuskers
04-07-2011, 04:10 PM
From PS's Twitter, PS+ gets the Killzone 3 DLC for free!

PlayStation PlayStation
Killzone 3: Steel Rain DLC hits PSN on 4/12 in the US, adds 2 new MP maps for $5: http://bit.ly/eoX1Px PS+ gets it free!

I OU a Beatn
04-07-2011, 04:16 PM
That may be the first free thing I ever pass on. 1 Warzone and 1 Guerrilla Warfare map? :D

JBHuskers
05-16-2011, 11:49 AM
We better get some goodies, especially those who are in this. And also, there should be a re-up bonus for continued loyalty.

skipwondah33
05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
FYI you guys may already know this but the Plus membership is set to automatically renew itself when it expires. It can be disabled in the account management section if you don't want it to. I was messing around the other night and found it.

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 10:44 AM
FYI you guys may already know this but the Plus membership is set to automatically renew itself when it expires. It can be disabled in the account management section if you don't want it to. I was messing around the other night and found it.

I'm going to renew, I just want to know when it will.

skipwondah33
05-17-2011, 11:00 AM
It will show when it expires on there. I'm on the fence if I'll renew. I've only used it twice to download Wipeout and Stackers, oh and to download a theme. Other than that don't think I've used it for much.

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 11:23 AM
It will show when it expires on there. I'm on the fence if I'll renew. I've only used it twice to download Wipeout and Stackers, oh and to download a theme. Other than that don't think I've used it for much.

I'll have to check that out then. I know there was three months free for a year subscription when I signed up, and two months free for PSN being down, but I don't remember when this program started.

souljahbill
05-17-2011, 11:26 AM
I have no card attached to PSN so I can't be recharged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skipwondah33
05-17-2011, 11:30 AM
I'll have to check that out then. I know there was three months free for a year subscription when I signed up, and two months free for PSN being down, but I don't remember when this program started.
Think mine expires the 29th of June officially but with Sony adding time they will take it September.

JBHuskers
05-17-2011, 12:38 PM
That might put me at December possibly, did you sign up right away Skip?

skipwondah33
05-17-2011, 12:51 PM
That might put me at December possibly, did you sign up right away Skip?
No I waited a few weeks to get it. Judging from my post looks like I was right as to when it should expire originally.

Edit: It took the time stamp away but I posted that on the 30th of June

Broke down and got it this evening. I'm not to big on buying anything really from the PSN store other than a few add ons to certain games (Tiger and COD) but I'll probably download/buy more often now.

JBHuskers
07-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Some good stuff for free today in PS+ I'm stoked to play some Bomberman Ultra:

•Bomberman ULTRA (Free with Plus, a $9.99 value)
•Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar (Free and Exclusive Plus)
•Medievil PS one title (Free with Plus, a $5.99 value)
•Alien Zombie Death mini (Free with Plus, $3.99 value)
•MotorStorm Apocalypse Outlaw Vehicle Pack (PlayStation Plus price $1.99; a 20% discount)

JBHuskers
09-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Some good stuff coming in September, including the great Plants vs. Zombies.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/09/psplus.jpg

morsdraconis
09-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Wow, that is some good stuff.

JBHuskers
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Tomb Raider Underworld and Marvel Pinball for free highlight December's PS+

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7142/6461056787_676bbb3e0e_z.jpg

skipwondah33
12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Think my subscription ends near the end of this month. I didn't really use it much but 1-2 games. Though I'd love to keep it for the Resident Evil games, Tomb Raider and Altered Beast.

JBHuskers
12-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Just renewed mine for a year (since it was expiring Wednesday).

JeffHCross
12-07-2011, 09:52 PM
So I contacted Sony support with a question about Playstation Plus, specifically about something that used to be offered free but now shows no discount. The support guy, while noticeably typing with poor grammar, has basically come up with the answer that I should have been able to get it when it was free previously, but if it's not now, then something must have changed. But he doesn't seem to have any idea what.

I think I'll just pay the $2.99 rather than continue to go back and forth.

JBHuskers
12-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Those discounts end anywhere after one week to a month or two.

There is a "Last Chance" section in PS+ for deals that end the next Tuesday.

JBHuskers
12-08-2011, 03:37 PM
From IGN: Sony says people saved $1200 in the past year with Playstation Plus....

Sony Unveils PlayStation Plus Data For 2011
$1,200 in savings for the year? That's a lot of money. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214304p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter)

PlayStation Plus, Sony's optional PlayStation Network-centric subscription service, has plenty of supporters and detractors alike. Supporters eagerly point at all of the freebies and discounts they get, and the fact that PSN is still inherently free, while detractors tout the fact that you're essentially paying for the right to get those discounts.

But regardless of which side you fall on, it's hard to ignore the numbers. Sony today revealed that PlayStation Plus offered gamers over $1,200 in perks in 2011. That's 24 times the yearly investment necessary to be a PlayStation Plus member.

Sony offered PlayStation Plus gamers 17 separate free games in 2011, and discounted a staggering 132 more. In addition, Sony offered PS+ users 43 exclusive "Full Game Trials," which allow players to try a retail-style digital game for an hour before deciding if they want to purchase it or not.

More intangible offerings not included in Sony's monetary proclamation include access to four exclusive betas and six exclusive demos.

It's unknown what 2012 will hold for PlayStation Plus subscribers, though you can see what's waiting for you right now by checking out December's offerings (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214009p1.html)for PlayStation Plus users.

JeffHCross
12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Those discounts end anywhere after one week to a month or two.Well, I was asking about a certain episode of Qore. I was not aware that those had any expiration (and, taking a quick glance down the list of episodes, it's not consistent).

JBHuskers
12-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Well, I was asking about a certain episode of Qore. I was not aware that those had any expiration (and, taking a quick glance down the list of episodes, it's not consistent).

Ah, okay. Not sure on that.

I OU a Beatn
01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Content for January:

PSN Game: Back to the Future The Game – Full Series – 1/3
Sword & Soldiers – 1/3

minis: Stick Man Rescue – 1/10

PS one Classics: Syphon Filter – 1/3
Syphon Filter 2 – 1/3
Syphon Filter 3 – 1/3

Full Game Trials: Toy Story 3: The Video Game – 1/10
Cars 2 – 1/17

Media: Qore Episode 44 – January – 1/10

Avatars and Themes: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Felyne Fighter Avatar – 1/10
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Lance Avatar – 1/10
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Poogie Avatar – 1/10
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Avatar Bundle 3 – 1/10 (PS+ Price $0.99)
Abstract Art Dynamic Theme – 1/17
Assassin’s Creed Revelation Dynamic Theme – 1/24

PSN Games: Rocket Knight – 50% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $7.50)
Burnout Crash! – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Crysis – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $10.49)
Deathspank – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $6.99)
Fancy Pants Adventure – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Gatling Gears – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Risk Factions – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $4.89)
Capcom Super Pack Discount – 75% off – 1/24 (PS+ Price $10.00)
Add-Ons: Dante’s Inferno DLC Bundle – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $10.49)
Dead Space 2 DLC Bundle – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $10.49)
Dragon Age 2 – Legacy Pack – 20% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $6.39)
Dungeon Defenders: Quest for the Lost Enternia Shards: Part 1 – 75% off – 1/17 (PS+ Price $1.00)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit DLC Bundle – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $20.99)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – Birdie Pack – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $7.69)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 – Eagle Pack – 30% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $17.49)
PS3 Full Games: Dante’s Inferno Super Bundle – 25% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $14.99)
Darksiders – 20% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $15.99)
Dead Space 2 Super Bundle – 20% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $35.99)
Shift 2 Unleashed Bundle – 20% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $39.99)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Super Bundle – 20% off – 1/10 (PS+ Price $39.99)

JBHuskers
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Some AWESOME news coming through today:

PS Plus Subscribers Will Get The Simpsons Arcade Game for Free this February http://fun.ly/1fahq

I LOVED playing The Simpsons Arcade game in grade school.

JBHuskers
01-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Here's the full February lineup:

PS3 Full Games: Far Cry 2 – 2/14 (V-Day Special One Week Offer)
PSN Games: The Simpsons Arcade Game – 2/7
Sega Genesis Bundle – 2/21
Altered Beast – 2/21
Comix Zone – 2/21
Golden Axe – 2/21
Sonic 1 – 2/21
Sonic 2 – 2/21
Streets of Rage 2 – 2/21
Battle Fantasia – 2/14
Fatal Inertia – 2/14
Hamsterball – 2/14
Inferno Pool – 2/7
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 2/14
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars – 2/14
minis: Hungry Giraffe – 2/7
Gold Medalist – 2/7
PS one Classics: Final Fantasy V – 2/7
Full Game Trials: Grand Theft Auto IV – 2/14
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – 2/21
Tom Clancy’S H.A.W.X 2 -2/21
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -2/28
Early Access Demo: The House Of The Dead III Exclusive Playstation Plus Demo – 2/7
Media: Qore Episode 44 – February – 2/7
Avatars and Themes: The House of the Dead 3 Dynamic Theme
Start The Party 2 Dynamic Theme – 2/21
The House Of The Dead III – Agent G Avatar
The House Of The Dead III – Lisa Avatar
The House Of The Dead III – Z1 Avatar
PSN Games Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (Bundle) – 2/14 (PS+ Price: $23.99)
The House of the Dead III – 30% off Crazy Taxi & SEGA Rally Arcade – Drive Me Crazy Bundle – 20% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $9.59)
Sonic Rivals 1 – 25% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $5.99)
Sonic Rivals 2 – 25% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $5.99)
Sar – Search and Rescue Mini – 20% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $TBD)
Hamilton’s Great Adventure – 50% off Sale Price – 2/21 (PS+ Price $2.50

JeffHCross
01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
I LOVED playing The Simpsons Arcade game in grade school.Awwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeesssssssssooooooommmmm me.

Though PS Plus offering games I've already paid for freely ... less awesome. Oh well, get what I deserve.
EDIT: Never mind, they're re-offering games I've already gotten for free. Don't mind that.

JBHuskers
02-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Yeah I am so stoked about The Simpsons Arcade.

JeffHCross
02-01-2012, 09:41 PM
It seems so obvious to me that so many companies could cash in on old arcade games ... but I guess it potentially takes a lot of $$$ to port those, and other than the obvious (Simpsons, TMNT), there probably aren't too many arcade games that could easily make money today.

But still! It would be awesome!

morsdraconis
02-01-2012, 10:47 PM
It seems so obvious to me that so many companies could cash in on old arcade games ... but I guess it potentially takes a lot of $$$ to port those, and other than the obvious (Simpsons, TMNT), there probably aren't too many arcade games that could easily make money today.

But still! It would be awesome!

Really, Jeff, going from watching my uncle do it from god knows what programming language (Python maybe) to making a pretty respectful reincarnation of a pretty classic Commodore 64 game in C++, I don't see how it can cost so much to port a game over, when you have the code already. He did it all by himself in about 6 months, pretty much starting from the ground up. Now, granted, it was a fairly simplistic game, but, none-the-less, he did it from the ground up trying to make as accurate of remake of the game as possible (going as far as counting pixels and such), but it seems to me that for $300,000 or so, one of these companies could hire a few programmers for 2 or 3 months and bang it out pretty damn well. Seems a bit ridiculous to me that more companies aren't doing it.

JBHuskers
02-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Well just off the top of my head...TMNT, X-Men, a ton of Sega arcade games, Simpsons, it's been done quite a bit lately.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JeffHCross
02-03-2012, 04:38 PM
it seems to me that for $300,000 or so, one of these companies could hire a few programmers for 2 or 3 months and bang it out pretty damn well.Ignoring that there's a few mathematical problems here ... the reality is that you're right, $300,000 should be plenty. HOWEVER, how many arcade games, released today, would make $300,000? That's the rub. Plenty of companies (if they're still solvent) could make ports of old games ... but would they make profit? I'm not so sure.

TMNT, X-Men, a ton of Sega arcade games, Simpsons, it's been done quite a bit lately. Yeah, I guess I was ignoring the Sega games (though I thought those were mostly Genesis, not arcade), and I did totally forget the Neo-Geo collection (I'm not sure how). But, for example, they made TMNT: In Time, but not the original game (and I was much more of a fan of the original game).

The reality statement is that there are a bunch of games that I used to load up on MAME that I would love to load up on my PS3 and play that way. HOWEVER, there are much fewer of them that I can imagine making profit.

JBHuskers
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd LOVE someone to port over the arcade version of NARC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
05-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Trine 2 free in May for PS+ members, along with Awesomenauts, and two great Castlevania PS1 titles....a very good month.

cdj
06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
If a report on Eurogamer is any indication, Sony is set to reveal a massive revamp of PlayStation Plus at its E3 press conference, which occurs on the evening of Monday, June 4th in Los Angeles, California.

“Multiple sources have indicated” to Eurogamer that Sony wants to “convince more people to sign up to the premium subscription service” by dedicating a segment of its E3 conference time to PlayStation Plus. Part of the new functionality of Plus is rumored to be much-awaited functionality with PlayStation Vita. “Plus on Vita will offer Vita exclusive titles and DLC and cloud services that mean you won’t have to connect the handheld to a PlayStation 3 or a PC to back-up saves and other content,” Eurogamer’s source said.

Courtesy: IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/29/rumor-sony-revealing-playstation-plus-revamp-at-e3?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

I OU a Beatn
06-03-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't think that will interest many people. They screwed themselves over by making cross game chat available to anyone on the Vita. If they were wise, they would've made it Plus exclusive.

cdj
06-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Starting with today's PSN Store update, here are the free games coming for PS Plus subscribers:

Virtua Fighter 5 – June 5th
inFAMOUS 2 – June 5th
Little Big Planet 2 – June 5th
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One – June 5th
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine – June 5th
Just Cause 2 – June 5th
Saints Row 2 – June 5th
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – June 5th
Hard Corp: Uprising – June 5th
Choplifter HD – June 5th
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone – June 5th
Sideway NY – June 5th

Link (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-plus-e3-2012/)

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 08:08 AM
NICE!

For once, I don't have most of those.

LBP2, Infamous 2, and Choplifter are all that I have.

skipwondah33
06-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Damn that InFamous 2 would be nice...unfortunately my subscription ended

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
My HDD is down to around 30GB. I'll need to just purchase them and not download them (for the retail titles). Eventually I'd like to get a 640 GB HDD. Currently have a 320 GB.

DariusLock
06-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Holy shit how much is this I have 0 of those games and want most. Especially Infamous 2

gschwendt
06-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Holy shit how much is this I have 0 of those games and want most. Especially Infamous 212 months is $50, 3 months is $18.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 06:22 PM
My HDD is down to around 30GB. I'll need to just purchase them and not download them (for the retail titles). Eventually I'd like to get a 640 GB HDD. Currently have a 320 GB.

Jesus, how much shit do you have on there? I have over 100 XBLA games and a good 20 installed 360 games on my 320GB and I still have over 100GB left. :D

How many games do you have installed?

JeffHCross
06-05-2012, 07:14 PM
My HDD is down to around 30GB. I'll need to just purchase them and not download them (for the retail titles). Eventually I'd like to get a 640 GB HDD. Currently have a 320 GB.I still have whatever the Slim came with by default. Want to invest in a new HDD, but I'm too fearful of the backup/restore process not working right.

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Jesus, how much shit do you have on there? I have over 100 XBLA games and a good 20 installed 360 games on my 320GB and I still have over 100GB left. :D

How many games do you have installed?

170 PSN titles + some minis and PS1 titles. :D I have about 30 GB left.

I OU a Beatn
06-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Have you played even 1/4 of those? :D

JBHuskers
06-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Have you played even 1/4 of those? :D

Oh yeah...maybe not 1/2 :D

I OU a Beatn
06-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Holy shit. I turned on my PS3 for the first time in a long time to try out Dust 514 and there's like $150 worth of free games to download through PS Plus. Where the hell was I at when those were all announced? LBP2, inFAMOUS 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Warhammer 40k for free? Sony's stepped up their game.

Kingpin32
06-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Holy shit. I turned on my PS3 for the first time in a long time to try out Dust 514 and there's like $150 worth of free games to download through PS Plus. Where the hell was I at when those were all announced? LBP2, inFAMOUS 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Warhammer 40k for free? Sony's stepped up their game.

E3. It's tempting me to get a membership, or at least use this 30 days for free card I have somewhere.

JBHuskers
06-29-2012, 06:11 PM

I've said it a few times on TGT :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CLW
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
LOL I'd love to sign up for PS+ for all the free/cheap games but I have a launch 60GB PS3. I think I've seen people say you can install a larger/additional harddrive on it but I have no clue how to do that or how much it would cost.

With PS4 likely coming out in 18 months I just cannot imagine dropping a huge chunk of change for something I am going to replace in a year.

gschwendt
06-30-2012, 11:32 AM
LOL I'd love to sign up for PS+ for all the free/cheap games but I have a launch 60GB PS3. I think I've seen people say you can install a larger/additional harddrive on it but I have no clue how to do that or how much it would cost.
Any of these HDDs would work.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=380&Description=&Type=&N=100007605+600003459+600003341&IsNodeId=1&IsPowerSearch=1&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&PropertyCodeValue=359%3A15133&PropertyCodeValue=355%3A7777&PropertyCodeValue=360%3A7801

And replacing it is simple... here's a video (it's even for the fatty).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNSytaL9hnI

SmoothPancakes
06-30-2012, 11:35 AM

With PS4 likely coming out in 18 months I just cannot imagine dropping a huge chunk of change for something I am going to replace in a year.

My exact reasoning for why, despite many saying that I should get a PS3, I'm waiting. If anything, I'm going to eventually buy both a 720 and a PS4, so it'd just end up being a waste of money for me to buy a PS3 only to replace it 12-18 months later with a PS4.

CLW
06-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Any of these HDDs would work.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=380&Description=&Type=&N=100007605+600003459+600003341&IsNodeId=1&IsPowerSearch=1&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&PropertyCodeValue=359%3A15133&PropertyCodeValue=355%3A7777&PropertyCodeValue=360%3A7801

And replacing it is simple... here's a video (it's even for the fatty).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNSytaL9hnI

That's not a bad price. Looked at like a 1TB sized one too over at Amazon and it was "only" like $90. Of course, I'm going to need an external HDD to back up my PS3 so that will also cost me a bit but the process does appear to be pretty simple. Amazingly, TSA dropped it and of course it landed on the non harddrive side so my PS3 has somehow managed to survive.

JeffHCross
06-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Holy shit. I turned on my PS3 for the first time in a long time to try out Dust 514 and there's like $150 worth of free games to download through PS Plus. Where the hell was I at when those were all announced?Right here, on the forum, with the rest of us :D You were still talking about Ubisoft at that point :D

I OU a Beatn
06-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Right here, on the forum, with the rest of us :D You were still talking about Ubisoft at that point :D

Aisha Tyler is the devil.

JeffHCross
06-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Holy shit. I turned on my PS3 for the first time in a long time to try out Dust 514 and there's like $150 worth of free games to download through PS Plus. Where the hell was I at when those were all announced? LBP2, inFAMOUS 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Warhammer 40k for free? Sony's stepped up their game.Didn't notice this when I made fun of you earlier ... look at the top of the page :D You even replied to JB when he was talking about his (related) lack of disc space!

Then Sony comes out and shows off a bunch of multiplatform titles, Battle Royale(LOL), and a new God of War which is just coming across as rehash to me. The only thing worthwhile they showed was The Last of Us.You must have just totally missed the announcement, plus missed me and JB talking about it.

E3. It's tempting me to get a membership, or at least use this 30 days for free card I have somewhere.I'm 99% sure this is a bad idea. I believe everything that you get free with PS Plus expires when your subscription expires. I think the discounted titles are still yours, but the free ones are not . So unless you think you'll finish whatever games you're going to get within 30 days ....

I OU a Beatn
07-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Break out the fireworks for the July 3rd PlayStation Store update, where PlayStation Plus members will be able to download Gotham City Impostors, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Renegade Ops for FREE!

PS Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/02/new-games-coming-to-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/)

JBHuskers
07-02-2012, 02:12 PM
NICE ... I was just about to buy Gotham City Impostors on 360 when it went on sale but held off.

EDJ
07-02-2012, 03:23 PM
PS Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/02/new-games-coming-to-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/)

Pac-Man DX is digital crack. I purposely forced myself not to buy it because of the time suck that would've followed. But how can you turn down free crack?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G on the Sprint Now Network, using Tapatalk 2.0.

twitter: the_EDJ

JBHuskers
07-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Pac-Man DX is digital crack. I purposely forced myself not to buy it because of the time suck that would've followed. But how can you turn down free crack?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G on the Sprint Now Network, using Tapatalk 2.0.

twitter: the_EDJ

Exactly! :D I purchased that crack on day one though.

JBHuskers
08-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Couple of quality titles for free tomorrow for PS+ users. One I have already (Outland) and one I don't (Bloodrayne).

Outland and Bloodrayne Betrayal free with PlayStation Plus tomorrow (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/13/outland-and-bloodrayne-betrayal-free-with-playstation-plus-tomor/)

CLW
08-13-2012, 03:52 PM
I've been mulling this for some time. Is it still $50 for a year? Also what titles are generally given for free each month? If I got it tonight when I got home on PSN what titles are available to download for free before the new ones come out? I assume that these "free" titles there is a time period before the offers expire and you have to download them within X period of time before you have to pay for it again? I'd likely "only" use it for the free games and auto updates but it looks like there are several decent titles that have been put out recently that I would enjoy playing.

JBHuskers
08-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I've been mulling this for some time. Is it still $50 for a year? Also what titles are generally given for free each month? If I got it tonight when I got home on PSN what titles are available to download for free before the new ones come out? I assume that these "free" titles there is a time period before the offers expire and you have to download them within X period of time before you have to pay for it again? I'd likely "only" use it for the free games and auto updates but it looks like there are several decent titles that have been put out recently that I would enjoy playing.

Yeah still $50.

I'm not sure what you mean by generally what titles are given for free...

You'd have to look in the PS Store for what's available, there is a new releases section, a last chance section, and then other sections like full games, themes, etc.

Yes, you have to at least "purchase" the games so they show up in "My Purchases", there is a time period when games are no longer on there for free. I'm not sure if the bunch of retail games that were free are still on there or not from a month or two ago.

It is very nice that it installs patches automatically.

JeffHCross
08-13-2012, 08:25 PM
IGN did a pretty nice breakdown (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1179543p1.html) on the first year of PS Plus, and I think the service has only improved since then. The only thing to keep in mind with PS Plus is that you have to maintain the subscription to play the "free" titles. Discounts you get to keep.

CLW
08-13-2012, 09:39 PM
IGN did a pretty nice breakdown (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1179543p1.html) on the first year of PS Plus, and I think the service has only improved since then. The only thing to keep in mind with PS Plus is that you have to maintain the subscription to play the "free" titles. Discounts you get to keep.

The left out the most important part: Whether these free games come with Trophies! :nod:

JBHuskers
08-13-2012, 10:00 PM
The left out the most important part: Whether these free games come with Trophies! :nod:

Yeah, you're getting the full retail game.

CLW
08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah, you're getting the full retail game.

I was only semi-joking. Just got the 1yr subscription and I'm downloading a TON of games. Hell I think it has already paid for itself with Infamous2 Laura Croft; etc....

Problem: My harddrive will not handle all the files. I'm going to have to buy a new hardrive and transfer all this to the PS3. Any recommendations as to the size of the hard drive?

JBHuskers
08-13-2012, 10:31 PM
I was only semi-joking. Just got the 1yr subscription and I'm downloading a TON of games. Hell I think it has already paid for itself with Infamous2 Laura Croft; etc....

Problem: My harddrive will not handle all the files. I'm going to have to buy a new hardrive and transfer all this to the PS3. Any recommendations as to the size of the hard drive?

I use a 320 and it's almost full :D that should work for you.

gschwendt
08-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I'd say just play the ones you want, then delete them. You can always re-download anything you've previously purchased (free games count as purchases). All you have to do is check out with it in your cart, you don't have to actually download it to go into your backlog.

CLW
08-14-2012, 10:35 AM
O.K. with all the Amazon and AT&T credit I have I decided to go with a 1TB hard drive and 1TB external drive to backup/transfer the data to the new hard drive. I noticed that my external hard drive needs to be formatted to FAT 32. Anyone know the best/easiest way to do this. Seeing conflicting info about how much can be done on a windows PC. I need at a minimum 60GB to get all of my PS3.

JBHuskers
08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
O.K. with all the Amazon and AT&T credit I have I decided to go with a 1TB hard drive and 1TB external drive to backup/transfer the data to the new hard drive. I noticed that my external hard drive needs to be formatted to FAT 32. Anyone know the best/easiest way to do this. Seeing conflicting info about how much can be done on a windows PC. I need at a minimum 60GB to get all of my PS3.

Let me know how the 1TB works for you. I'm thinking about upgrading to store vids.

CLW
08-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Let me know how the 1TB works for you. I'm thinking about upgrading to store vids.

Yeah it was only like $20 difference and it was "free" so I just went with the "bigger is better" moto. I found a youtube video on how to format a 1 TB HDD to FAT32 so I hope it all works out. I am seeing reports that FAT32 means it will not keep files larger than 4GB. If that is the case it looks like transfering some of the full PS3 games may be impossible? However, G said I could just redownload them so maybe that is the work around.

JBHuskers
08-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah it was only like $20 difference and it was "free" so I just went with the "bigger is better" moto. I found a youtube video on how to format a 1 TB HDD to FAT32 so I hope it all works out. I am seeing reports that FAT32 means it will not keep files larger than 4GB. If that is the case it looks like transfering some of the full PS3 games may be impossible? However, G said I could just redownload them so maybe that is the work around.

Yeah I don't think you can transfer full games anyways....only your save files and data. You'll have to redownload the games anyways. Doing the backup and restore is the only way to get save files over though.

CLW
08-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah I don't think you can transfer full games anyways....only your save files and data. You'll have to redownload the games anyways. Doing the backup and restore is the only way to get save files over though.

So when I re-download these games how does that work? Do I just go to the PSStore search for the titles I have either purchased or got from PS+ and redownload? How will I know I'm not being charged for them?

JBHuskers
08-14-2012, 02:08 PM
So when I re-download these games how does that work? Do I just go to the PSStore search for the titles I have either purchased or got from PS+ and redownload? How will I know I'm not being charged for them?

There is an area called "my downloads" up in the top right corner which will show you everything you've purchased or downloaded from the store (like demos). You won't have to pay for them again, it will just be a button that says download.

CLW
08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
There is an area called "my downloads" up in the top right corner which will show you everything you've purchased or downloaded from the store (like demos). You won't have to pay for them again, it will just be a button that says download.

Cool. Now back to how AWESOME PS+ is. :nod:

JBHuskers
08-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Cool. Now back to how AWESOME PS+ is. :nod:

:nod:

Glad the "instant collection" of full retail titles was still out there for you to get.

Two more games to add to it tonight. I haven't tried Outland but heard it's good, I won it in a Twitter contest a while back. Bloodryane looked good, but didn't want to pay $15 for it. Glad I didn't now.

CLW
08-14-2012, 02:52 PM
:nod:

Glad the "instant collection" of full retail titles was still out there for you to get.

Two more games to add to it tonight. I haven't tried Outland but heard it's good, I won it in a Twitter contest a while back. Bloodryane looked good, but didn't want to pay $15 for it. Glad I didn't now.

Yeah I couldn't get em' all (due to the small fatty I have currently). Hoping they are still up in 2 days when I get the new and improved large fatty. :nod:

JBHuskers
08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah I couldn't get em' all (due to the small fatty I have currently). Hoping they are still up in 2 days when I get the new and improved large fatty. :nod:

You still want to "purchase" them so they're in your purchase history. You don't have to download them immediately, but they're still in your history in case they do pull them.

CLW
08-14-2012, 03:55 PM
You still want to "purchase" them so they're in your purchase history. You don't have to download them immediately, but they're still in your history in case they do pull them.

Oh I clicked on them all and tried to download them which caused the popup saying "hey idiot you have a small fat one time to upgrade" message (or something like that)

JBHuskers
08-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Oh I clicked on them all and tried to download them which caused the popup saying "hey idiot you have a small fat one time to upgrade" message (or something like that)

Add them to your cart and then hit purchase, don't try to download.

JBHuskers
08-14-2012, 04:09 PM
If the game(s) already have a red box next to them with a shopping cart logo, then they're already in your purchases and you can download them at anytime. If not, add everything to your cart and then hit purchase and then when it goes to the download screen just hit circle to back out.

CLW
08-14-2012, 05:52 PM
If the game(s) already have a red box next to them with a shopping cart logo, then they're already in your purchases and you can download them at anytime. If not, add everything to your cart and then hit purchase and then when it goes to the download screen just hit circle to back out.

Thanks man!

JeffHCross
08-14-2012, 08:10 PM
I noticed that my external hard drive needs to be formatted to FAT 32. Anyone know the best/easiest way to do this.Use the format (http://ss64.com/nt/format.html) command rather than the built-in utility in Windows. Just open a command prompt and run format on the drive instead.

Yes, FAT32 does have a 4 GB limit for individual files.

JBHuskers
08-15-2012, 03:14 PM
God of War: Ascension multiplayer beta coming to PS Plus members (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/14/god-of-war-ascension-multiplayer-beta-coming-to-ps-plus-members/)