PDA

View Full Version : Plane crash with Russian Hockey Team

psuexv
09-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Crazy Shit

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/09/plane-with-russian-hockey-team-crashes/1

The Associated Press is reporting that a Russian jet said to be carrying an KHL ice hockey team crashed Wednesday near the city of Yaroslavl killing 43 people.

The Lokomotiv Yaroslavl team is coached by Canadian Brad McCrimmon and includes several international stars. It is not known if they were on the plane.

Insidestl.com is reporting that former St. Louis Blues player Pavol Demitra is believed to be among those who have died.

Puck Daddy reports that listed among the NHL alumni on Lokomotiv's roster: Josef Vasicek, Pavol Demitra, Karel Rachunek, Ruslan Salei, Karlis Skrastins and Stefan Liv. But it is not known if any were on the plane.

The Russian Emergency Situations Ministry said the plane was carrying the Lokomotiv ice hockey team from Yaroslavl to Minsk where it was to play a game.

The plane fell to earth straight after take-off and burst into flames. Weather did not appear to be a factor.

Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has sent his transport minister to the site of the crash.

JBHuskers
09-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Heard about this. Horrible :smh:

SmoothPancakes
09-07-2011, 10:15 AM
I was just about to post about this. Horrible, terrible news. :(

ram29jackson
09-07-2011, 04:18 PM
whats the final outcome ?

psusnoop
09-07-2011, 04:34 PM
whats the final outcome ?

:dunno: what do u mean?

Not good at all terrible news!

ram29jackson
09-07-2011, 05:06 PM
:dunno: what do u mean?

Not good at all terrible news!

dude, i'm not researching every forum thread i go into. My question is,..how many died? everyone ?

ram29jackson
09-07-2011, 05:08 PM
ok, so ..2 people survived

SmoothPancakes
09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
:fp: Leave it to ram. :smh:

psusnoop
09-08-2011, 04:29 PM
dude, i'm not researching every forum thread i go into. My question is,..how many died? everyone ?

No need to research every forum thread Ram (ESPN) it was just a weird way to ask how many survived?

:D:D:D

ram29jackson
09-08-2011, 05:56 PM
:fp: Leave it to ram. :smh:

yes, leave it to me to have common sense and not be a little internet etiquette pussy LOL...anyway, yes its tragic, but i believe they have commented that those planes( that Model of plane ) were stretched to their limits and should have been dismantled a long time ago....very saddening