PDA

View Full Version : My Friends College Football Fantasy League Idea -How We do It

ram29jackson
09-06-2011, 05:04 PM
a few years ago my friends came up with an idea for a college fantasy league that involves teams instead of individual players. I would like to show his excell sheet but I'm having trouble with that.
Anyway,...he gets a preview issue and divides the schools into 10 groups of 10 for 10 people.

he splits it up so everyone has a mix of top and low rated teams. I'll share my bracket below later.

he has the season divided up so you have to use every team at least once and you can use 3 teams twice during year..3 weeks are double header weeks,where you have to use 2 teams. After week 10, the next 3 weeks are playoffs.

its based on how many points the team you pick scores in a game. Each week you are matched up with someone and you pick your team that week, you think will score the most points and a team for overtime if needed, if you and the other guys points are the same.. I hope that makes sense LOL?

sometimes, you think you have a sucky team and may waste them once just to get rid of them because you feel they wont score enough LOL.

It doesnt matter whether the team you pick wins or loses, just how many points they score. And as the season goes on, you can try to get pickier because you are aware what teams your opponant has wasted along the way and know what his point spreads/games are.

also, you cant pick teams/games that are against lower division teams. so the first 2 weeks can be pretty slim pickens at times.

i got the 4th pick this year and this is my bracket/group...no, I didnt pick it because Penn State was in it. i liked the strength of the other teams

Baylor
Boise
Central Mich
Cincinatti
North Carolina State
Penn State
South Carolina = already used for a win in week 1
UTEP-uuugghhh
Troy
Washington Huskies

this year we have/ can use a bonus team. But I could only get Duke, so I doubt I'll even use them LOL

ram29jackson
09-10-2011, 11:00 PM
well, lost tonight because I used Washington Huskies and my opponent used Oregon and their 69 points lol

ram29jackson
09-16-2011, 05:24 PM
this weekend.. i have Cincinatti in my grouping and they play Akron LOL

so of course thats my pick this week

ram29jackson
09-24-2011, 06:29 PM
this week was point differential week= your team has to win with a bigger spread than your opponents team

I used penn St. who beat E Mich 34-6 and My opponent used VT who only beat Marshall by 30-10 , woohoo ! i'm 3-1 so far.