PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL Talk

Pages : [1] 2 3

JBHuskers
09-06-2011, 02:07 PM
TWO days away!

Some news just broke out that the Jags are surprisingly cutting David Garrard and going to start Luke McCown in week one.

psusnoop
09-06-2011, 03:06 PM
To me that is crazy. Luke is not as good as Garrard.

ram29jackson
09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
To me that is crazy. Luke is not as good as Garrard.

LOL when has Garrard ever been good in the first place? he hasnt grown in football elite savvy terms in all this time. So its time to shake things up. Besides, there may be other facors in the decision as well that have nothing to with on the field.

JBHuskers
09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Word is McCown will start until week 9, after the bye, then they will hand the team over to Gabbert.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
09-06-2011, 04:07 PM
By some act of god, Roy Williams holds off Johnny Knox to start for Da Bears. :fp: I just don't think this is going to end well, but I wasn't going into last year with high expectations either and they went 11-5 and got to the NFC Championship Game.

psusnoop
09-06-2011, 06:03 PM
LOL when has Garrard ever been good in the first place? he hasnt grown in football elite savvy terms in all this time. So its time to shake things up. Besides, there may be other facors in the decision as well that have nothing to with on the field.

Oh I agree there are other factors and stuff but bottom line Garrard is better then Luke period.

I know they are grooming Blaine and all, just if that is the case just start him week 1 and let him go.

morsdraconis
09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Oh I agree there are other factors and stuff but bottom line Garrard is better then Luke period.

I know they are grooming Blaine and all, just if that is the case just start him week 1 and let him go.

The Jags are fucked either way. Gabbert looked TERRIBLE during the preseason. The dude looks like he can't even read a defense. Then they cut the only QB worth a damn on their roster (and that's really saying something). Maurice-Jones Drew is gonna get clobbered this year.

jaymo76
09-07-2011, 12:10 AM
TWO days away!

Some news just broke out that the Jags are surprisingly cutting David Garrard and going to start Luke McCown in week one.

Stupid, just stupid... Luke McCown... seriously??? Wow... :(

JBHuskers
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
The season hasn't started yet, but all slots except for FIVE for Super Bowl commercials have been bought. At $3.5M a pop.

natcret
09-07-2011, 05:35 PM
The Jags are fucked either way. Gabbert looked TERRIBLE during the preseason. The dude looks like he can't even read a defense. Then they cut the only QB worth a damn on their roster (and that's really saying something). Maurice-Jones Drew is gonna get clobbered this year.

I am so pissed at the Jags. I am a huge Jags Fan (and Bears) and the WAY they let him go was just wrong. The Jags under Del Rio have been nothing but a joke in terms of getting the pieces of the puzzle in place. I agree that Garrard wasn't the long-term answer, and never has been. But to not give Gabbert more playing time during the preseason and to make this decision is just wrong on all counts.

THought I would share:

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/401269/vito-stellino/2011-09-07/jaguars-need-class-decision-making?/content/vito-stellino-jaguars-need-class-decision-making

JBHuskers
09-08-2011, 03:05 PM
There must be landmines in New York. Justin Tuck is out now too.

JBHuskers
09-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Cobb is having a hell of a rookie debut for the Packers tonight.

ram29jackson
09-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Cobb is having a hell of a rookie debut for the Packers tonight.

yep

I understand that the NFL passing game is complex and all..but i still want more running LOL at this pitch and catch shoot out... Jordy Nelson is my new sports hero

ram29jackson
09-08-2011, 10:15 PM
woohoo ! fullback Kuhn gets a TD ! while running forward even LOL it wasnt a pass

ram29jackson
09-08-2011, 10:50 PM
they score 42 points and the game is still somewhat in jeopardy....thats kind of pathetic

morsdraconis
09-08-2011, 10:59 PM
they score 42 points and the game is still somewhat in jeopardy....thats kind of pathetic

That's two teams that really don't have very good defenses and have incredibly talented offenses/QBs.

ram29jackson
09-09-2011, 12:02 AM
That's two teams that really don't have very good defenses and have incredibly talented offenses/QBs.

as of right now, I will disagree with the -not very good defenses- comment...but thats just...as of now...

JBHuskers
09-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah both teams have great defenses. Ranked 4th and 5th last year in YPG. This is what you're going to see as a part of the lockout. Good offensive players are going to pick apart defenses early on.

skipwondah33
09-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Yep analysts were predicting this even before talk of the lockout ever ending. Offenses would get up to speed faster than defenses.

JBHuskers
09-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Pretty cool that Briggs is going to wear these on 9/11

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/6i0yd2.jpg

ram29jackson
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
this weeks predictions LOL...not bad though, even though I disagree with a couple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqsucIdIuws&feature=relmfu

ram29jackson
09-11-2011, 02:22 PM
the first 2 weeks and last 2 weeks of the NFL season are always somewhat the opposite of what you think should happen or who you think should win. I honestly doubt the Colts will fall apart after today. Pittsburgh will regroup...although I believe the Ravens and Jets will shoot past them this year.

the Rams are a competative team now, win or lose today, thats fine with me.

Cody
09-11-2011, 06:10 PM
smh at the Brownies today.

JeffHCross
09-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Anybody else hear what sounds like a cell phone ringtone in the background of the NFL on Fox broadcasts? It's just a series of electronic tones, not music, lasting a second or so ... but then it happens again, and again, and again. I also noticed it last night during the NASCAR on Fox broadcast. Haven't noticed it during anything else.

I've started noticing the tones of apps like TweetDeck in the background during radio broadcasts recently, so I'm wondering if maybe that's basically what's happening here.

BCEagles
09-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Halleluja, the 49ers started off the season 1-0 against the rival seahawks. Ted Ginn put in a great effort, and put the team on his back to win this one. Hopefully they can use this momentum against the cowboys next weekend.

ram29jackson
09-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Anybody else hear what sounds like a cell phone ringtone in the background of the NFL on Fox broadcasts? It's just a series of electronic tones, not music, lasting a second or so ... but then it happens again, and again, and again. I also noticed it last night during the NASCAR on Fox broadcast. Haven't noticed it during anything else.

I've started noticing the tones of apps like TweetDeck in the background during radio broadcasts recently, so I'm wondering if maybe that's basically what's happening here.

I dont know, but i think ive heard it other places as well,maybe

ram29jackson
09-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Cam Newton looked good, but it was against a team thats not that good, like the Panthers in the first place LOL

the Lock out made teams not as well prepared..but there is film of him now..and the next 4 weeks are going to be hellish for him -Packers-Jags- Bears -Saints...have fun Cam..get the icy-hot,whirl pool, and masseuse ,ready..you are going to need it

JBHuskers
09-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Happy the way the Bears played today, and amazed that Cam threw for 400 with Steve Smith hitting the way back machine.

ram29jackson
09-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Eric Berry, out for year

JBHuskers
09-13-2011, 09:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42hTUkQgMOc

morsdraconis
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM
:D

Awesome. Good ol' Jaws.

psusnoop
09-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Man did Brady look sharp last night.

psuexv
09-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Man did Brady look sharp last night.

:nod: got me 51 last night

psusnoop
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
damn, I bet all fantasy owners were going nuts watching him toss the rock around like that.

ram29jackson
09-16-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSuS924Ga5k&feature=feedu

gschwendt
09-16-2011, 05:24 PM
I really don't enjoy that guy's videos... I'm surprised he's been posting them for years, much less that he has 667 of them.

ram29jackson
09-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I really don't enjoy that guy's videos... I'm surprised he's been posting them for years, much less that he has 667 of them.

in a way for me, thats half the fascination.. i do find him funny at times...first saw him spewing jokes while playing shooters and liked his fast delivery except for the cussing..and his NFL predictions arent dumb or bad at all, just a typical fan like the rest of us...but he is the ultimate American example of high tech meeting common man ..and I find that a little interesting....and by the way Gschwendt..someone, somewhere, must be saying what you said about him,. about you and your years of EA NCAA vids LOL....and a few years ago, someone thought youtube wouldnt succeed LOL..its become the worlds family/cultural/ video/ timeline/album and virtual clubhouse

gschwendt
09-16-2011, 06:13 PM
And most certainly that's fine. I began posting them for myself and members of my leagues. Others enjoyed reducing them do I've kept sharing them. Honestly, I don't enjoy watching very many others' videos unless I have a vested interest in those playing, so I can't blame anyone for having no interest in watching mine.

psusnoop
09-21-2011, 01:30 PM
And most certainly that's fine. I began posting them for myself and members of my leagues. Others enjoyed reducing them do I've kept sharing them. Honestly, I don't enjoy watching very many others' videos unless I have a vested interest in those playing, so I can't blame anyone for having no interest in watching mine.

I like watching the videos and have slacked tremendously in doing them myself. I will get back to it, just have to purchase a new capturing device.

I usually watch most videos just because I play you a ton, as well as other members that your playing against. So I look at like I'm scouting you guys :D

psusnoop
09-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey what did everyone think of the "fake injuries" by the Giants? I wasn't watching Live but just watching this video is a classic :fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2011, 01:44 PM
I hope they lose every fucking game. Bunch of fucking douchebags.

steelerfan
09-21-2011, 01:46 PM
The League sent a memo to all 32 teams today warning that fines and suspensions will be levied against anyone they deem to have faked injuries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

psusnoop
09-21-2011, 01:54 PM
I just read that too. I'm glad they are going to stand up to that shit. I mean really, watching that video is disgusting.

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2011, 01:57 PM
They better actually back those words up with action if anyone pulls it again. I have absolutely no respect for any players, coaches, or organizations who pull that bullshit. It has absolutely no business in sports, at any level, in any sport.

You can't get your players subbed in fast enough? Too bad. Either have them ready to go and tell them to haul their asses right away when the play ends or deal with it with the players already on the field. A defense unable to get subs in and out against a no-huddle offense, that falls on the coaching staff not doing their jobs to have something in place during practices and prior to the game.

That's one thing I hate about soccer, is everyone flopping around with fake injuries or fake hits to try and draw a penalty. We don't need this shit happening in NFL or elsewhere.

morsdraconis
09-21-2011, 06:36 PM
I completely agree Smooth. I was watching the game at the time that it happened and I knew it was fake, right from the get go. Pisses me off to no end.

JBHuskers
09-22-2011, 04:03 PM
That didn't take long. Blaine Gabbert starting this week for the Jags against Carolina.

ram29jackson
09-23-2011, 01:06 AM
i'm still thinking the Redskins and Giants will win this coming week

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Alright, what the fuck is going on in the Northeast?

ram29jackson
09-25-2011, 04:07 PM
i'm still thinking the Redskins and Giants will win this coming week

thats one so far LOL

psuexv
09-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Vick complaining the officials let him get hit more than anyone else :smh: Might want to talk to your offensive line there buddy.

psusnoop
09-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Vick complaining the officials let him get hit more than anyone else :smh: Might want to talk to your offensive line there buddy.

Trent Dilfer was calling him out on that. I'm tired of Vick to be honest, I wasn't a fan of his in Atlanta and that hasn't changed.

JBHuskers
09-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Alright, what the fuck is going on in the Northeast?

If the 'Skins win tonight, and they, along with Buffalo, are 3-0. The apocalypse will be here.

morsdraconis
09-26-2011, 12:04 PM
If the 'Skins win tonight, and they, along with Buffalo, are 3-0. The apocalypse will be here.

Please. If the Skins win tonight, it's because they have a good defense, a strong running game, and a good enough QB to throw the ball to the weapons we have at WR. Buffalo and Washington are taking advantage of shitty teams that went all in (Eagles, Pats, and Jets). Buffalo will even out to about 8-8 (they'll hit their wall) and Washington, right now, is looking at probably 10-6 or 9-7 and a division title. That's the beauty of the NFL. Team hits a high point, at the right time, with a shitty schedule, and they take advantage of it.

I predicted the Skins would be 3-0 in my pick the entire season before the start of the season pick 'em league (I actually have them going 5-0 before they lose ;) ), and, I would have had Buffalo right if I hadn't of changed the New England game right before the deadline as I originally had them beating New England.

JBHuskers
09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
From Deadspin:

The Sunday Night Football Crew Mentioned Peyton Manning 26 Times: A Compilation

http://deadspin.com/5843751/the-announcers-couldnt-shut-up-about-the-one-guy-who-wasnt-on-the-field-last-night

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 04:53 PM

no, the Skins will win tonight simply because the cowboys are falling apart/ injured etc

steelerfan
09-26-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope Washington wins tonight. Every time Dallas loses, it's a good thing. :nod:

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 05:12 PM
The League sent a memo to all 32 teams today warning that fines and suspensions will be levied against anyone they deem to have faked injuries.

LOL at suspensions for faking an injury on field, in game.

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
1st qtr 3-3...its a barn burner

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Grossman...is still Grossman

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
That was quite possibly one of the shittiest games of NFL football I have ever watch. :smh:

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 10:50 PM
From Deadspin:

The Sunday Night Football Crew Mentioned Peyton Manning 26 Times: A Compilation

http://deadspin.com/5843751/the-announcers-couldnt-shut-up-about-the-one-guy-who-wasnt-on-the-field-last-night

its the next best thing to being there....No Peyton, no peace

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
That was quite possibly one of the shittiest games of NFL football I have ever watch. :smh:

you can go both ways with it....

it could be an impressive struggle or an exhibition of 2 teams of over paid young men doing something really unimportant and doing that unimportant thing really poorly in the scheme of things LOL

is Romo a brave kid or a dumb ass for messing with his body when he cant even sleep normal in the first place ?

seriously he shouldnt play for a week or 2.

hey, give the kickers some credit!!!!!!!!

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2011, 11:02 PM
It was also just plain shitty. It was like watching two retards trying to fuck.

ram29jackson
09-26-2011, 11:31 PM
It was also just plain shitty. It was like watching two retards trying to fuck.

A- how would you know what that looked like ? or

B- did Smooth eat MorsD or vice versa? :D

C- looks like the NFC North is the class of the league early on..minus the Vikings

D- again, Give the kickers some credit !!!!!!!!

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
A- how would you know what that looked like ? or

B- did Smooth eat MorsD or vice versa? :D

C- looks like the NFC North is the class of the league early on..minus the Vikings

D- again, Give the kickers some credit !!!!!!!!

A - I have no idea what that would actually look like, nor do I have any desire to find out. But if I had to guess something looked like it, this game would be it.

B - We were separated at birth.

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 11:44 AM
From Deadspin:

The $30 Product That Will Change How You Watch The NFL http://deadspin.com/5844526/

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages

morsdraconis
09-28-2011, 12:05 PM
From Deadspin:

The $30 Product That Will Change How You Watch The NFL http://deadspin.com/5844526/

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages

It's pretty damn cool, but I haven't taken the time to purchase it yet. I don't know if I love football enough to do that anymore...

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Deadspin: HOLY SHIT TOM BRADY CUT HIS HAIR (http://deadspin.com/5844720/)

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/09/ap110928029377.jpg

What does that face tell you? He looks guilty to me. Is this some form of self-inflicted punishment? Or is he punishing us? Did Gisele make him do it? Did Belichick make him do it? Did Jesus get jealous and make him do it? Did the Bills make him do it? Did ESPN The Magazine make him do it? Will the locks be donated to a phoenix's nest on the Brady homestead in Costa Rica? Is it possible that he actually only cut the bottom part, and that on top of his head is a giant strawberry blonde mohawk? Will he never throw an interception again? Is this the end of the world?

WHO IS TO BLAME? WHO IS TO THANK?

Just a few questions we have this afternoon.

JBHuskers
09-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Per Shefty, the Dolphins have claimed Steve Slaton off of waivers.

psusnoop
09-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Per Shefty, the Dolphins have claimed Steve Slaton off of waivers.

They should grab Garrard if he is still out there. :nod:

Henne just isn't going to get it done anytime soon.

psuexv
09-29-2011, 02:32 PM
They should grab Garrard if he is still out there. :nod:

Henne just isn't going to get it done anytime soon.

F Garrard, give Devlin a shot

BCEagles
09-29-2011, 02:38 PM
F Garrard, give Devlin a shot
I think Garrard would be a smart pick up but i would like to see Devlin get a shot, he was very interesting to watch in college.

ram29jackson
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x0cfobYtCc&feature=feedu

BCEagles
10-02-2011, 07:30 PM
49ers had a nice day, picking up a 24-23 win over the eagles. hopefully this is the season they finally get back to the playoffs

cdj
10-03-2011, 08:01 AM
How 'bout those Bears, JB?

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/MARION-BARBER-FLIP.gif

psusnoop
10-03-2011, 08:22 AM
:D:D he thought he had it right up to the point of his face meeting the ground :D

psusnoop
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM
49ers had a nice day, picking up a 24-23 win over the eagles. hopefully this is the season they finally get back to the playoffs

The 49er's had a huge win yesterday.

JBHuskers
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM
They won! :D

ram29jackson
10-03-2011, 04:40 PM
The 49er's had a huge win yesterday.

naw, they just beat a team with a mediocre /veteran/left handed/ injured QB

while i believe they have a coach that can change the culture, they still struggle to get points in a pass happy league

steelerfan
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
naw, they just beat a team with a mediocre /veteran/left handed/ injured QB

while i believe they have a coach that can change the culture, they still struggle to get points in a pass happy league

They should win the craptastic NFC West though.

JBHuskers
10-06-2011, 09:15 AM
T.O. is getting close to being cleared to play. Where do you think he'll sign? Call me crazy, but my gut is the 49ers.

JBHuskers
10-06-2011, 09:28 AM
No more ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??????

ESPN and Hank part ways. "Hank left us with no choice."

steelerfan
10-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Good. They should have killed that lame ass theme in the 90s.

JBHuskers
10-06-2011, 11:31 AM
So Chad Henne is out for the season, and the Dolphins go for Sage Rosenfels instead of David Garrard. They shouldn't make it so obvious that they're going for Andrew Luck.

JBHuskers
10-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Okay now the Dolphins are making this TOO obvious that they're going for Andrew Luck. They just instructed Rosenfels to wear his helmet backwards on the field :fp:

psuexv
10-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Okay now the Dolphins are making this TOO obvious that they're going for Andrew Luck. They just instructed Rosenfels to wear his helmet backwards on the field :fp:

Have you seen Sage play? This should help actually.

JBHuskers
10-06-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3L5RrvQJyM&feature=player_embedded

psusnoop
10-06-2011, 03:20 PM
I think I read that Garrard was not interesting in playing for dolphins.

steelerfan
10-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I think I read that Garrard was not interesting.

Shortened for clarity.

JBHuskers
10-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Shortened for clarity.

Let's not even get started with Sage :D

psusnoop
10-07-2011, 07:53 PM
:D:D

SmoothPancakes
10-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Holy shit. I'm hearing that Al Davis died.

morsdraconis
10-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Holy shit. I'm hearing that Al Davis died.

Yup, the old fuck is finally dead. (http://www.raiders.com/)

SmoothPancakes
10-08-2011, 09:48 AM
It looks like it's true. The story's been picked up by just about every real and reliable news source now.

jaymo76
10-08-2011, 03:08 PM
I wasn't an Al Davis fan and didn't like his decisions. However, on a day like this all I can say as a Raiders diehard fan is "thank you Al for your dedication to the team." Also sincerest of condolences to the family.

SmoothPancakes
10-08-2011, 03:15 PM
I wasn't an Al Davis fan and didn't like his decisions. However, on a day like this all I can say as a Raiders diehard fan is "thank you Al for your dedication to the team." Also sincerest of condolences to the family.

Yeah. As a Broncos fan, I was never a fan of Al Davis, but I respect him for everything he did for football over the decades and effect he had on the game. It will never be the same without him.

NatureBoy
10-09-2011, 09:45 AM
:( Very sad day for the entire Raider Nation. Some of you younger guys might think he was a crazy old man but he was a true football genius. Al was way ahead of his time. Thanks for all the great Raider teams you assembled over the years Mr Davis. You will be missed.

http://raiderslinks.com/images/gif/awind.gif

JBHuskers
10-09-2011, 10:48 AM
He may have hung on too long, but there is no denying his contribution to the game. There is a reason why he's a Hall of Famer.

steelerfan
10-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Nice to hear all the things being said about Al Davis on Countdown.

jaymo76
10-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Nice to hear all the things being said about Al Davis on Countdown.

:up: agreed.

SmoothPancakes
10-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I was initially sad to see him go. Now...

Thank you Miami for taking this TO-wannabe fuckoff off our hands.

Signed,

Denver Broncos fans.

Brandon Marshall seeks ejection (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7098026/miami-dolphins-brandon-marshall-seeks-passion-second-quarter-ejection-vs-new-york-jets)

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall says he has been playing with his emotions in check and plans to show more passion Monday night against the New York Jets, with a goal of getting kicked out of the game in the second quarter.

When asked if he was joking, Marshall said no.

"I'm not joking. I'm serious," Marshall told the South Florida Sun Sentinel. "They're going to fine me. It's probably going to be like a $50,000 fine. But that quarter and a half that I'm out there, I'm going to play like a monster.

"I might get in a fight with Bart Scott. (Antonio) Cromartie, we pretty much matured our relationship and grew a little bit. We used to fight in Denver and San Diego. If that happens, it happens, so we'll see."

In July, Marshall disclosed he was diagnosed earlier this year with borderline personality disorder. On Thursday, he said he hasn't played with enough emotion in the first four games for the Dolphins, who are winless.

Marshall said he might get into a fight or a shoving match against the Jets, or bang the ball off his head.

Marshall has 22 catches this year but is tied for third in the NFL with five drops.

morsdraconis
10-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I was initially sad to see him go. Now...

Thank you Miami for taking this TO-wannabe fuckoff off our hands.

Signed,

Denver Broncos fans.

Meh. He won't do anything to get thrown out of the game. He's just trying to get inside of players' heads and get his team hyped up. It's reverse psychology.

SmoothPancakes
10-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah, but he's fucked up in the head enough that I honestly would not be the least bit surprised to see him try it. There's all sorts of ways to get into his opponents heads and pull reverse psychology. Saying dumb immature shit like that isn't necessary. Regardless, I'm glad to see his ass gone now.

ram29jackson
10-13-2011, 09:44 PM
:( Very sad day for the entire Raider Nation. Some of you younger guys might think he was a crazy old man but he was a true football genius. Al was way ahead of his time. Thanks for all the great Raider teams you assembled over the years Mr Davis. You will be missed.

http://raiderslinks.com/images/gif/awind.gif

but the truth is he became a bitter ,angry man during and after the merger because he wanted a piece of the power pie and never let that go for years..he basically became a real life Scrooge

JBHuskers
10-14-2011, 02:48 PM
LMAO -

ochocinco Chad Ochocinco
Shut the f_ck up RT @eric_dicap: @ochocinco stop being in awe of the weather and open your playbook man ur not there to be a weatherman

ram29jackson
10-14-2011, 02:57 PM
LMAO -

ochocinco Chad Ochocinco
Shut the f_ck up RT @eric_dicap: @ochocinco stop being in awe of the weather and open your playbook man ur not there to be a weatherman

whos he talking to?

JBHuskers
10-14-2011, 03:38 PM
whos he talking to?

Just some follower of his on Twitter LOL

ram29jackson
10-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Just some follower of his on Twitter LOL

Then why did he say-playbook?

JBHuskers
10-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Then why did he say-playbook?

Because he's got a whopping 9 catches on the season.

skipwondah33
10-14-2011, 05:32 PM
#keyboardcourage

lol

ram29jackson
10-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Because he's got a whopping 9 catches on the season.

no,..i thought ocho was doing the talking, not the other guy

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Raiders have reached out to David Garrard http://dlvr.it/r4TyQ

steelerfan
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Brandon Lloyd to the Rams for a conditional pick. Done deal per Chris Mortenson.

Edit: per Schefter it's a 6th round pick that could become a 5th rounder depending on Lloyd's number of receptions.

gschwendt
10-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Brandon Lloyd to the Rams for a conditional pick. Done deal per Chris Mortenson.

Edit: per Schefter it's a 6th round pick that could become a 5th rounder depending on Lloyd's number of receptions.:)) I have him in two of my leagues.

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Raiders have reached out to David Garrard http://dlvr.it/r4TyQ

Cross off Garrard. He just told Jay Glazer that he needs immediate surgery on a herniated disk.

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
The ESPN blowjob continues with this week's cover:

http://assets.espn.go.com/magazine/Insider/111031_cover.png

ram29jackson
10-17-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aa8Z5H39eo&feature=feedu

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Gruden signed a 5-year extension to continue to do MNF :up: good to see that.

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 09:06 AM
@JayGlazer: The Raiders & Bengals are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to OAK for a first-rounder in 2012

gschwendt
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
@JayGlazer: The Raiders & Bengals are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to OAK for a first-rounder in 2012Wow... that's overpaying! Palmer hasn't ever performed as well as he was billed to and he definitely won't do it in Oakland.

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 09:22 AM
From Chris Mortensen:

Raiders now do not have 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th round picks in 2012 but do expect decent compensatory picks back for Gallery/Asomugha

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 09:44 AM
So now that the Bengals have another first round pick, imagine A.J. Green on one side, and Justin Blackmon on the other.

morsdraconis
10-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Wow... that's overpaying! Palmer hasn't ever performed as well as he was billed to and he definitely won't do it in Oakland.

If he was Carson Palmer of 5 years ago, that would be a STEAL. Unfortunately, the guy is permanently injured and most likely done as a starter worthy QB.

morsdraconis
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
So now that the Bengals have another first round pick, imagine A.J. Green on one side, and Justin Blackmon on the other.

Actually, I think they go for either an OT (need a talented LT) or a RB (and jettison Benson as quickly as possible).

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
If he was Carson Palmer of 5 years ago, that would be a STEAL. Unfortunately, the guy is permanently injured and most likely done as a starter worthy QB.

Yeah the Raiders overpaid. But I don't blame them. They've been a solid team the past year and a half, they have a chance to make a move to stay the course with San Diego in the West. They will get two compensatory picks from the Gallery and Asomugha, but overall they basically had mortgaged their draft before this anyways.

psuexv
10-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah the Raiders overpaid. But I don't blame them. They've been a solid team the past year and a half, they have a chance to make a move to stay the course with San Diego in the West. They will get two compensatory picks from the Gallery and Asomugha, but overall they basically had mortgaged their draft before this anyways.

Carson might be alright. Basically with that running game he just needs to come in and make a couple of throws and not lose the game. He's a good enough QB to that, now if he can mentally do that, that is the question.

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Carson might be alright. Basically with that running game he just needs to come in and make a couple of throws and not lose the game. He's a good enough QB to that, now if he can mentally do that, that is the question.

Two key things.

Will he be comfortable in Oakland where he wasn't in Cincy.
Yes. He doesn't have an Ochocinco or Owens like personality to constantly bitch in his ear. Now that Davis has died, that franchise could be turning around even further than they have the past year in a half, so he could be more comfortable with the ownership there than he ever was in Cincy. Plus he's playing for Hue Jackson again, who is fully entrenched as the HC there.

Does he have the tools to succeed in Oakland?
Yes. A crop of young WR's that are really coming into their own, and now that Boss is back on the field, both him and McFadden are good safety valves on passing downs. Throw in the fact that McFadden is probably the best RB in the league this year, things could be wide open once Palmer gets in the groove.

I think it's a good enough fit to get them in the playoffs this year, and to become a serious contender to actually win playoff games next year. If you take a look at the big dogs in the AFC, the best of them are aging (Pats, Ravens) outside of the Jets. I think the door in the AFC is semi-open this year, but could be really wide open for a decent team to step up out of the blue next year.

skipwondah33
10-18-2011, 11:49 AM
The Raiders were already in their last stages of rebuilding so losing the draft picks in 2012 draft won't really hurt them. Their young at almost every position that I can think of and if those players develop on track then they will be solid for a while.

Other than waste talent this year or next why not take a stab at Palmer who is an immediate upgrade to Boller and Pryor. Hell all he has to do is what Campbell was doing for them. Hand the ball off, make a few throws with 8 in the box. Its the Raiders but their still better than what he has been working with in Cincy the last few years.

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 03:03 PM
From Shefty: Ronnie Brown to Lions for 2013 7th and Jerome Harrison.

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Palmer trade is official now as the Raiders have come out and announced it.

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 03:37 PM
If the Raiders play in the AFC Championship game either this year or next, their second round pick in 2013 becomes a first.

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Maybe they can now revive this ad campaign....

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/palmer.jpg

gschwendt
10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AcEE4afCEAEpnEy.jpg

JBHuskers
10-18-2011, 05:56 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AcEE4afCEAEpnEy.jpg

Hope he looks skinnier because of P90X and not dipping in cocaine on his time off.

psusnoop
10-19-2011, 08:12 AM
He has that look of, oh yea this is easy money on his face.

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 09:36 AM
So, do you think the Colts will win the Suck For Luck Sweepstakes? Groom him for 3-4 years like Aaron Rodgers...maybe sooner considering Mannings injury is serious.

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 09:37 AM
The only thing is many NFL teams are now liking the trial by fire method. Worked for Flacco, took 5 years with Alex Smith.

psuexv
10-19-2011, 09:38 AM
So, do you think the Colts will win the Suck For Luck Sweepstakes? Groom him for 3-4 years like Aaron Rodgers...maybe sooner considering Mannings injury is serious.

IDK, Miami is right there too. Matt Moore didn't look too bad Monday night and he might take them to some wins once he gets more games. Indy is just terrible and it probably would be a great place for Luck to learn.

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 09:40 AM
IDK, Miami is right there too. Matt Moore didn't look too bad Monday night and he might take them to some wins once he gets more games. Indy is just terrible and it probably would be a great place for Luck to learn.

Oh Miami will not hesitate to take Luck. If they do, they're idiots. They need him as much as Manning needs a solid successor.

psuexv
10-19-2011, 09:40 AM
The only thing is many NFL teams are now liking the trial by fire method. Worked for Flacco, took 5 years with Alex Smith.

Worked with Matt Ryan, Big Ben, so far so good for Cam.

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Worked with Matt Ryan, Big Ben, so far so good for Cam.

Yeah it's a total crapshoot ... see Joey Harrington. But it's been more good than bad lately.

psuexv
10-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah it's a total crapshoot ... see Joey Harrington. But it's been more good than bad lately.

Completely agree, never really worked before. There was kind of a turning point the year Ben game out and was successful.

psusnoop
10-19-2011, 11:12 AM
So Carson is starting this week. Should be interesting.

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 11:13 AM
So Carson is starting this week. Should be interesting.

Holy shit. He is?

psusnoop
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Holy shit. He is?

SportsCenter SportsCenter
Breaking News: @Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer is expected to start Sunday vs the @kcchiefs (via @adamschefter)
54 minutes ago

JBHuskers
10-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Well I'm guaranteed to see it because it's the Chiefs. Every one of their damn games is on the Omaha and Lincoln CBS affiliates.

psusnoop
10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Well I'm guaranteed to see it because it's the Chiefs. Every one of their damn games is on the Omaha and Lincoln CBS affiliates.

:D:D ouch that hurts but you get to watch Tamba Hali though :nod: :D

skipwondah33
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM
I'll probably peek in and check it out for my 4:15 set of games. Of course the Steelers will be the main 2nd set game but i'll flip back. Given that I have a few Raiders on my fantasy team (DHB, Ford and Jano) I've been watching their games lately. May pick Carson off the waiver wire just in case because my 2nd QB has given me shit. (Kolb)

JBHuskers
10-21-2011, 01:07 PM
From Shefty:

Two people familiar with situation believe it is unlikely Carson Palmer will start Sunday, though no final decision has been made.

skipwondah33
10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
I wasn't able to pick him up anyway..I'll still check the game out. Counting on Boller to hit DHB and Ford will be excruiating.

JBHuskers
10-21-2011, 04:01 PM
It appears that the NFL and UFL are in beginning talks in regards to making the UFL an official minor league system. I hope this gets done.

SmoothPancakes
10-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Wow. It's about damn time. Now the NBA needs to do this. Get these stupid ass one and done kids the hell out of the colleges and get the players in there who actually want to play for 3 or all 4 years of their career.

steelerfan
10-21-2011, 04:28 PM
How will this be any different than when NFL Europe was around? It won't.

My guess is that the NFL is just throwing a little money at them to make sure they don't become competition to them.

JBHuskers
10-21-2011, 05:17 PM
How will this be any different than when NFL Europe was around? It won't.

My guess is that the NFL is just throwing a little money at them to make sure they don't become competition to them.

Oh there is no doubt that the UFL was in no way a threat to the NFL :D the UFL started this season late and shut it down early.

steelerfan
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Oh there is no doubt that the UFL was in no way a threat to the NFL :D the UFL started this season late and shut it down early.

And that's exactly the right time to give them money. You control the money, you control everything. Big companies eating little ones is not a new concept. ;)

ram29jackson
10-21-2011, 06:17 PM
And that's exactly the right time to give them money. You control the money, you control everything. Big companies eating little ones is not a new concept. ;)

the NFL may have alot of money, but theres no need to waste it on a half ass dying pseudo league.

its like the NBA keeping the WNBA alive, theres no reason too , its just a tax right off for Stern because womens basketball will never be able to support itself long term

SmoothPancakes
10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Well, even though they needed overtime, and none of the 15 points in regulation came until the last 3 minutes of the game, thank you Tim Tebow. Unfortunately, I believe if Kyle Orton had been playing today, that was a lose, without ever going to overtime. As much as I like Orton, he lost the faith of lots of Broncos fans, myself included, to get the job done like he first did when he arrived in Denver. It was absolutely time for a change and hopefully it will inspire the offense to step their game up for the rest of the season and not just roll over.

jaymo76
10-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Well, even though they needed overtime, and none of the 15 points in regulation came until the last 3 minutes of the game, thank you Tim Tebow. Unfortunately, I believe if Kyle Orton had been playing today, that was a lose, without ever going to overtime. As much as I like Orton, he lost the faith of lots of Broncos fans, myself included, to get the job done like he first did when he arrived in Denver. It was absolutely time for a change and hopefully it will inspire the offense to step their game up for the rest of the season and not just roll over.

In all honesty do you see Tebow as a viable QB option for the future of the Broncos? I just can't think that John Elway will risk his job on the arm of Tebow. Yeah, he may be the most prolific scrambling QB in the NFL but can he win you a championship? As a Raiders fan I know that Campbell, Palmer, Boller, and Pryor won't be able to do it. Do you think Elway would consider a massive trade for the #1 pick and the rights to Andrew Luck or is he really going to stand pat with Tebow?

SmoothPancakes
10-23-2011, 05:10 PM
In all honesty do you see Tebow as a viable QB option for the future of the Broncos? I just can't think that John Elway will risk his job on the arm of Tebow. Yeah, he may be the most prolific scrambling QB in the NFL but can he win you a championship? As a Raiders fan I know that Campbell, Palmer, Boller, and Pryor won't be able to do it. Do you think Elway would consider a massive trade for the #1 pick and the rights to Andrew Luck or is he really going to stand pat with Tebow?

As much as I would like to see Tebow succeed and become a quality starting NFL QB, I can easily see it not happening. I never really cared for Tebow in college, probably most likely because he was playing for Florida and the whole SEC/BCS championships thing, but as a member of the Broncos, I'm on the Tebow bandwagon and hope he does great. As much heart, work ethic, and drive as he has, I'm not sure he'll really ever become a true "future of the franchise" QB. He has the skills and raw ability, if he can just get his throwing motion better, and hopefully Elway and the Broncos will give him a fair chance, but I'm not sure they will. But, Elway has made it known he's not really sold on Tebow as a QB, or at least a starting/franchise QB.

As for Andrew Luck, that I'm not sure. To make a leap up to #1, most likely with either the Colts or Dolphins, the Broncos would have to practically sell their souls to get that spot. I'm not sure John Fox, Elway, Brian Xanders and the rest of the team would be willing to take such a massive hit and lose the high quality players as they would with a trade like that.

JBHuskers
10-24-2011, 02:51 PM
So the Saints scored 62 points last night, and the Rams have scored 56 points all year long.

JBHuskers
10-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Once again, the Sunday Night Football crew has a Manning-gasm last night. (http://deadspin.com/5852614/the-sunday-football-crew-still-really-likes-talking-about-peyton-manning)

morsdraconis
10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
:smh:

I hate sports announcers.

steelerfan
10-24-2011, 03:31 PM

I hate sports announcers.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/62c401e2-cb2d-2502.jpg

JBHuskers
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/62c401e2-cb2d-2502.jpg

http://www.nextmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/oscar-the-grouch-300.jpg

SmoothPancakes
10-25-2011, 04:19 PM
:D None of the 32 teams attended Terrell Owen's workout today.

steelerfan
10-25-2011, 07:31 PM
:D None of the 32 teams attended Terrell Owen's workout today.

JBHuskers
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Rob Gronkowski shouldn't have to apologize to Robert Kraft for this picture. Robert Kraft should want to shake Rob's hand....

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/10/gronkowski.jpg

steelerfan
10-26-2011, 02:13 PM
T.O. has been offered a contract by the Chicago Rush of the Arena League. :D :))

steelerfan
10-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Drew Rosenhaus on the aforementioned contract offer, "That is absurd - Terrell will only be playing in the NFL."

Looks like the Rush have unwittingly dodged a bullet. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Drew Rosenhaus on the aforementioned contract offer, "That is absurd - Terrell will only be playing in the NFL."

Looks like the Rush have unwittingly dodged a bullet. :nod:

NFL teams have to actually want you for you to only be playing in the NFL. :D

JBHuskers
10-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Tony Sporano has put up his house for sale in Miami. Hi, Bill Cowher.

JBHuskers
10-26-2011, 04:09 PM
http://fixitnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/homer-doh-square.jpg

Asante Samuel: Eagles' front office "playing fantasy football" http://bit.ly/sdv0en

jaymo76
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Tony Sporano has put up his house for sale in Miami. Hi, Bill Cowher.

Cowher would be nuts to leave his gig and take over that team. A subpar D, an RB who seems to have lost a step and no legit QB... no thanks.

SmoothPancakes
10-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Cowher would be nuts to leave his gig and take over that team. A subpar D, an RB who seems to have lost a step and no legit QB... no thanks.

Until they win the Luck Sweepstakes next April.

steelerfan
10-30-2011, 06:35 PM
:))

JBHuskers
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Does anyone realize that the Cincinnati Bengals are 5-2? Kinda sneaky....look what you can do when you lose Ochocinco and TO.

psuexv
10-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Does anyone realize that the Cincinnati Bengals are 5-2? Kinda sneaky....look what you can do when you lose Ochocinco and TO.

And when your opponents are a combined 20-31 :D with 4 of them having 2 or less wins

steelerfan
10-31-2011, 10:47 AM
And when your opponents are a combined 20-31 :D with 4 of them having 2 or less wins

And when you're managed to get to midseason without playing any of your 4 games with Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

psuexv
10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
And when you're managed to get to midseason without playing any of your 4 games with Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

:+1:

steelerfan
10-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Nice job, Rivers. :D

skipwondah33
11-02-2011, 08:31 AM

On another note Peyton Hillis is sure taking a hit this season with his image. Isn't that one of the things fans loved so much about him?

steelerfan
11-02-2011, 08:40 AM
On another note Peyton Hillis is sure taking a hit this season with his image. Isn't that one of the things fans loved so much about him?

Madden Curse. :P

skipwondah33
11-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Tough one to lose

Didn't get the offense off field on 3rd downs. unsure what Clark was doing not playing his assignment deep enough but I bet he was looking for the slant/cross they kept going to.

And for the game to be called so tight with us covering, shocked that push off/arm extension wasn't called. I can remember that always getting called on Moss and his wouldn't even be that obvious.

morsdraconis
11-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Tough one to lose

Didn't get the offense off field on 3rd downs. unsure what Clark was doing not playing his assignment deep enough but I bet he was looking for the slant/cross they kept going to.

And for the game to be called so tight with us covering, shocked that push off/arm extension wasn't called. I can remember that always getting called on Moss and his wouldn't even be that obvious.

I agree. I was expecting a flag on both players there. Kinda bullshit that it wasn't, actually, but, it is what it is in the NFL (aka, completely incongruent officiating).

skipwondah33
11-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah, then Clark's hit to a defenseless receiver being a flag but Ray Lewis's helmet hit on Hines wasn't called. I know in this day and age of the NFL those are illegal hits...Guess Ray will get fined like Harrison does

morsdraconis
11-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Yeah, then Clark's hit to a defenseless receiver being a flag but Ray Lewis's helmet hit on Hines wasn't called. I know in this day and age of the NFL those are illegal hits...Guess Ray will get fined like Harrison does

I wouldn't hold your breathe on that one. :rolleyes:

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 01:02 PM
The Patriots have cut Albert Haynesworth, maybe now he can go spend his millions on sizzurp with JaMarcus Russell...

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2011, 06:09 PM
:D That lasted real long. The Pats finally wised up about Haynesworth being nothing but millions of dollars of dead weight.

morsdraconis
11-08-2011, 07:47 PM
:D That lasted real long. The Pats finally wised up about Haynesworth being nothing but millions of dollars of dead weight.

And the Redskins finally fleece someone else for a shitty player. Yay!

jaymo76
11-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Raiders in first in the AFC West... this division sure reminds me of the NFC West of last year.

psuexv
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
After all of the hype I can honestly say I'm enjoying seeing the Eagles fail. :nod:

steelerfan
11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm enjoying watching the Ravens shit the bed against crap teams. Gotta root for the Bungles this week. :nod:

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 09:16 AM
L's vs. SEA and JAX :D :fp:

psuexv
I'm enjoying watching the Ravens shit the bed against crap teams. Gotta root for the Bungles this week. :nod:

And Tennessee LOL

steelerfan

And Tennessee. Lol.

psuexv
11-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Is there an echo in here?

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 09:33 AM
And Tennessee!

psuexv
11-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow - this is some enthusiasm

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d824182b4/Announcer-goes-loco-for-Cards?campaign=Twitter_videos

skipwondah33
11-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Is there an echo in here?
lol

Yeah that last loss against them is particularly frustrating all over again after they lost to the Seahawks.

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
How bout that Eagles "Dream Team", Vince? :whistle:

steelerfan
11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
How bout that Eagles "Dream Team", Vince? :whistle:

There is no "I" in team, but there are a couple in "Philadelphia".

Just heard Trey Wingo say that. :D

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 04:01 PM
There is no "I" in team, but there are a couple in "Philadelphia".

Just heard Trey Wingo say that. :D

psuexv
11-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Texans just can't buy a break, Schaub now down for the year.

steelerfan
11-15-2011, 10:56 AM

:))

jaymo76
11-15-2011, 07:49 PM

That sucks. Other than my Raiders, I also have a soft spot for Texas. It seemd as though everything was lining up for them this year... and then this happened. With Leinart at the helm, the season is lost.

morsdraconis
11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
I feel terrible for them. They are my favorite team to watch outside of my (horrible, but working toward the future) Redskins.

steelerfan
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I feel terrible for them. They are my favorite team to watch outside of my (horrible, but working toward the future) Redskins.

You should hear the moron callers on talk radio here. It's hilarious. Get Favre, trade for VY (they don't know there is a trade deadline that has long passed, lol), every has-been QB you can think of has been brought up. Lol.

I don't think the Texans will completely collapse, but I'd like it if they did (I have to listen to their idiot fans all the time).

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Get Favre? Trade for VY? Wow ... if I was a Texan fan, I'd be happy with Leinart, if he stinks up the joint, let's see what T.J. Yates + Arian Foster can do.

steelerfan
11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Get Favre? Trade for VY? Wow ... if I was a Texan fan, I'd be happy with Leinart, if he stinks up the joint, let's see what T.J. Yates + Arian Foster can do.

Here are a few other names I've hears from these fucking retards: Warner, Garrard, Plummer, McNabb. Seriously. :fp:

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Plummer is up in Montana with a beard. :D

JBHuskers
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
The new Denver Broncos logo:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/broncos.jpg

Oneback
11-17-2011, 07:37 PM
I love seeing the option in the NFL!

bdoughty
11-17-2011, 11:46 PM
What a game. :D

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ccsakz.jpg

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 02:41 AM

Oh Denver. Why? The most annoying fuckin' player to ever play football and you had to draft his dumb ass and then let your dumb ass fans pressure you into starting him?

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 03:17 AM

Oh Denver. Why? The most annoying fuckin' player to ever play football and you had to draft his dumb ass and then let your dumb ass fans pressure you into starting him?

They were 1-4 before Tebow took over, now they are 5-5. You must really despise Tebow to make such a statement. The guy is a winner, he beat my Sooners, cost us a championship and I still like the guy. I know for most people it is because he is religious (and tends to let everyone know that but hey in Christianity you are asked to spread the word of God)... still the guy has a great track record and does good things for people with his time and money. Not a overly religious person myself but I can't see why people dislike him for that. I imagine Richard Dawkins is breaking down game tape right now to send to future opponents on how to stop him.

I could think of a few hundred current players far more annoying and deserving of such wrath. I would definitely stick the Denver fans wearing number 15 with JESUS on the back ahead of him.

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 03:56 AM
So 229 yards of total offense is gonna win you a game against a team that's not horribly overrated and can't do shit offensively? Yeah, I don't think so.

Denver has played one team worth a damn in the past 5 games, Detroit, and they got SLAUGHTERED by them.

Miami - atrocious
Oakland - massacred by injures
Kansas City - horrible
NY Jets - so overrated, it's not even funny

Come talk to me when the dude can actually completes 50% of the his passes. NFL QB, he is not.

Rudy
11-18-2011, 04:12 AM
So 229 yards of total offense is gonna win you a game against a team that's not horribly overrated and can't do shit offensively? Yeah, I don't think so.

Denver has played one team worth a damn in the past 5 games, Detroit, and they got SLAUGHTERED by them.

Miami - atrocious
Oakland - massacred by injures
Kansas City - horrible
NY Jets - so overrated, it's not even funny

Come talk to me when the dude can actually completes 50% of the his passes. NFL QB, he is not.

Nobody is saying he's going to be a great NFL QB but he's winning and by all accounts a hard worker, great guy and great teammate. I don't understand how anyone can hate on a guy so much that keeps his nose clean, is a great teammate and gives 110% on everything he does. Those kinds of players should be appreciated, not crucified regardless of ability. I root for Tebow despite the fact I don't think he is a long term answer. He could develop but so far his release is too slow and his ability to read pass defences is very poor. I see no reason in your argument to hate Tebow the person. The fan craziness over him isn't in his control either. How many slash QBs coming in to the draft said if they failed at QB would be willing to move to other positions? While sitting the bench this year he said he would do whatever it takes to help the team and even filled in at WR one week.

I love seeing the option in the NFL!

Denver has shown some nice variety in the option. I only watched the first quarter last night but I love the option play to the left when he had a pitch man to either side and he used the shovel pass to the guy on his right. Denver puts guys in motion and uses different looks and plays. I swear their offense was more diverse than Rich Rod's.

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 06:38 AM
And the Tebow fanboys come out in drones the minute you say something about their superboy. :fp:

Rudy
11-18-2011, 07:02 AM
And the Tebow fanboys come out in drones the minute you say something about their superboy. :fp:

The minute you say "something"? You didn't just say something.

The most annoying fuckin' player to ever play football

I like Tebow. I don't think he'll have success as a long term QB but I hope I'm wrong.

SmoothPancakes
11-18-2011, 07:25 AM
The minute you say "something"? You didn't just say something.

I like Tebow. I don't think he'll have success as a long term QB but I hope I'm wrong.

That and I can think of more annoying people than Tebow might be. Brett Favre, Ocho(Douchebag)Cinco, Terrell Owens. Those three come instantly to mind after just three seconds of thinking.

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 09:30 AM
For years, when I see a "soft" guy I'll ask whomever I'm with, "is he ***, or Christian"? It is honestly difficult, sometimes, to tell the difference between "overly Christian" and "flaming".

Tim Tebow is a perfect example of this phenomena. Just listen to him speak. :fp:

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
For years, when I see a "soft" guy I'll ask whomever I'm with, "is he ***, or Christian"? It is honestly difficult, sometimes, to tell the difference between "overly Christian" and "flaming".

Tim Tebow is a perfect example of this phenomena. Just listen to him speak. :fp:

Thank you.

skipwondah33
11-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah I don't have a problem with how he plays, just the fact that he is so over the top with making sure people know he's a christian. Kneeling and saying a prayer when you get to the sideline after a score?...or right after the clock hits zero after a win? You can do all that in a not "hey look at me fashion".

I understand showing your faith. After every play Polamalu crosses his chest quickly but he doesn't break out into full prayer mode after something big happens.

psuexv
11-18-2011, 12:37 PM
That and I can think of more annoying people than Tebow might be. Brett Favre, Ocho(Douchebag)Cinco, Terrell Owens. Those three come instantly to mind after just three seconds of thinking.

Add Ray Lewis to that list

psuexv
11-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah I don't have a problem with how he plays, just the fact that he is so over the top with making sure people know he's a christian. Kneeling and saying a prayer when you get to the sideline after a score?...or right after the clock hits zero after a win? You can do all that in a not "hey look at me fashion".

I understand showing your faith. After every play Polamalu crosses his chest quickly but he doesn't break out into full prayer mode after something big happens.

I'm completely indifferent on Tebow, I could really care less, but he goes to the sideline and prays. It's not like he drops down on the field and does it so I don't really see how you are saying he does it in hey look at me fashion.

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Add Ray Lewis to that list

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm completely indifferent on Tebow, I could really care less, but he goes to the sideline and prays. It's not like he drops down on the field and does it so I don't really see how you are saying he does it in hey look at me fashion.

I'm indifferent on the prayer deal, but it is for show. He could pray without the genuflexion, so to speak, but he wants everyone to know he's doing it.

skipwondah33
11-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Particularly after the Dolphins game..game over Broncos win, camera pans to Tebow getting ready to go celebrate with his team took a few steps....oh no wait I have to say a quick prayer first even though this camera man is right next to me..cue the Tebowing craze. If that wasn't or didn't look kind of staged or fake then I don't know what. Again I can understand he is passionate about his faith and that he is being himself but come' on, it doesn't have to be as dramatic as he makes it.

He did the same thing lastnight. Player congratulating, then boom all of sudden goes down to one knee with a camera man draped on him while players are trying to celebrate with him. Say a quick prayer to yourself, amen and enjoy the win with your team. Then when the players who want to pray in the middle of the field like quite a bit do, go all out then.

In the end I could care less too but I still can voice my opinion on it and shouldn't be called a "Tebow hater" lol

psuexv
11-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah I guess. I mean we see all kinds of look at me celebrations that are ridiculous, Ocho Cinco, Favre running around like he's an airplane, most WR when they catch a ball for a first down getting up and giving the dramatic first down signal, special teams guys dancing that they made "A" tackle. All Tebow is doing is praying :D

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I would say he's saying, "look at me, I'm praying"! ;)

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 03:20 PM
I would say he's saying, "look at me, I'm praying"! ;)

He has been doing the same thing since HS. You may not like it but at least he is not some jackass who has to do a celebratory dance every time he makes a tackle.

Tebow will always bring out this in people (love/hate), such is life as we know it these days. Dude builds a hospital in the Philippines and the first thing may people think is that he is an ass for mentioning it.

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
He has been doing the same thing since HS. You may not like it but at least he is not some jackass who has to do a celebratory dance every time he makes a tackle.

Tebow will always bring out this in people (love/hate), such is life as we know it these days. Dude builds a hospital in the Philippines and the first thing may people think is that he is an ass for mentioning it.

Uhhh, you might want to go back a few posts where I said I am indifferent. I couldn't care less about his religion. I do get a little twitchy listening to him talk (it's his delivery, not the content).

The bottom line is, the gimmick offense won't work for long. Ask Miami about their Wildcat. They rode that all year, in 08 (iirc), and beat bad teams and made the playoffs. There, they were exposed.

ryby6969
11-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Tebow is a Gator so I have to dislike him. Also, what the hell is wrong with Lewis?

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Silly me, I tend to not notice ones "indifference" with Tebow when the comment "is he ***, or Christian" is used, because of how he speaks. Might want to hit up merriam-webster.com and look up the definition.

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Tebow is a Gator so I have to dislike him. Also, what the hell is wrong with Lewis?

Murderer?
Former Hurricane?
Plays for the Ravens?

That is my Pick Three.

psuexv
11-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Murderer?
Former Hurricane?
Plays for the Ravens?

That is my Pick Three.

This

ryby6969
11-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Talk about hate out of one side of your mouth and do it yourself out the other.

JBHuskers
11-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Murderer?
Former Hurricane?
Plays for the Ravens?

That is my Pick Three.

Hey hey hey....he only held up the guy as he was getting stabbed. Allegedly.

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Talk about hate out of one side of your mouth and do it yourself out the other.

Talk about missing the point. I have no issue with the Ray Lewis the past 5 or so years (other than being a Raven). He still has a past that is not so glowing. Warrick Dunn, he is not, oops he was a Seminole.

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I hate Tim Tebow for no reason other than he shouldn't be playing QB in the NFL and I know, for a fact, that he won't be for very long. That, and he's forcing his dumb ass religion down my throat by me going to anything resembling a sports website/television show and having to see his completely retarded "celebration".

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
That, and he's forcing his dumb ass religion down my throat by me going to anything resembling a sports website/television show and having to see his completely retarded "celebration".

Note to self, remove Mors from my Christmas Card list. ;)

ryby6969
11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Talk about missing the point. I have no issue with the Ray Lewis the past 5 or so years (other than being a Raven). He still has a past that is not so glowing. Warrick Dunn, he is not, oops he was a Seminole.

I did not miss the point. You are changing it now though. It all started by someone saying there are more annoying people in the NFL RIGHT now and E said Lewis. I asked what was wrong with him and you bring up shit from his past. Now you are saying you have no problem with him in the past 5 or so years besides being a Raven, then how is he more annoying now than Tebow? Also, you think Tebow is the only person in the NFL who does good things? Definitely not, but he is damn sure one of the first ones to let everyone know what he does that is good. And now you edit something about Dunn, but make sure you put something about him being a Seminole but the main things you put that you hate about Lewis are the teams he has played for? It is okay for you to not like someone for a team they play for, but not anyone else?

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 05:06 PM
I did not miss the point. You are changing it now though. It all started by someone saying there are more annoying people in the NFL RIGHT now and E said Lewis. I asked what was wrong with him and you bring up shit from his past. Now you are saying you have no problem with him in the past 5 or so years besides being a Raven, then how is he more annoying now than Tebow? Also, you think Tebow is the only person in the NFL who does good things? Definitely not, but he is damn sure one of the first ones to let everyone know what he does that is good. And now you edit something about Dunn, but make sure you put something about him being a Seminole but the main things you put that you hate about Lewis are the teams he has played for? It is okay for you to not like someone for a team they play for, but not anyone else?

Not changing anything, I listed 3 things about Lewis that I did not like. As a Steeler fan, I do not care for the Ravens. As a Sooner fan, I am not a Hurricane fan. As a person who does not murder people, I do not care for murderers. I stuck Warrick in because he is commonly known for all his charitable deeds and that he was one of the good guys. Just trying to cover all the Florida schools. Ray has changed as a person, as best I can tell but that does not change his past.

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Silly me, I tend to not notice ones "indifference" with Tebow when the comment "is he ***, or Christian" is used, because of how he speaks. Might want to hit up merriam-webster.com and look up the definition.

No.

I said that I am indifferent to his overtly christian gestures. The fact that I can't tell if he's your youth minister or one of the Village People has nothing to do with it.

I'm no more bothered by his jesus peddling than I am by any other player doing a sack dance or whatever.

I can tell you're an OS reject. :fp:

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 05:59 PM
I can tell you're an OS reject. :fp:

You nailed it!

http://oi42.tinypic.com/3brig.jpg

morsdraconis
11-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Wow, all of this over a shitty player than can't even complete 50% of his passes.

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Who has a Heisman, a National Title and currently a 6-2 record as a starter the past two years. I could give two shits how many of his passes are completed with that kind of record. Plus have you looked at the Bronco receiving core? Can you name three of them, including TE's.

Fuck it, arguing with a bunch of atheists is a waste of time.

steelerfan
11-18-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm agnostic, thank you.

And Tebow is 5-3, not 6-2.

bdoughty
11-18-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm agnostic, thank you.

And Tebow is 5-3, not 6-2.

Excuse me 5-3. Agnostics are just pussified atheists, covering their ass just in case they are wrong in their heathen ways. :P

Deuce
11-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I hated the guy in college and I hate the praying. What ruined me is seeing him doing some ministry and he sound like a televangelist. ....it made me sick.

Now, in the pros I want him to succeed just to shut the mouths of all the 'experts' on ESPN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk