PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NBA Draft & Offseason Talk

cdj
06-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Is it just me or is there no hype behind the NBA Draft tomorrow night?

The only somewhat interesting thing today is Jalen Rose saying he's very certain LeBron is gone from Cleveland. Once the draft is over, LeBron talk will be taking over the sports world, if it isn't already.

JBHuskers
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Better than Brett Favre talk for the 30th straight year.

ebin
06-23-2010, 03:27 PM
The draft is tomorrow?

cdj
06-23-2010, 03:28 PM
The draft is tomorrow?

:) That answers my original question! Yep, tomorrow night.

morsdraconis
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Hype? No.

Interest? Absolutely, but only to see where Devin Ebanks and DeSean Butler go in it (if they do at all).

ebin
06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
:) That answers my original question! Yep, tomorrow night.

Heh, I was only half kidding. I'm admittedly not a huge NBA fan, but yeah, I think that's pretty telling.

cdj
06-24-2010, 09:24 PM
The ESPN coverage is terrible. Too bad NBA TV can't/isn't airing it like the NFL Network does. They had the TNT guys (or at least some) doing the preview show. I'm going to tune into the recap show at 11. That will probably be better than the actual live draft.

Kingpin32
06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
The ESPN coverage is terrible. Too bad NBA TV can't/isn't airing it like the NFL Network does. They had the TNT guys (or at least some) doing the preview show. I'm going to tune into the recap show at 11. That will probably be better than the actual live draft.

Yeah I stopped watching it after the first 5 picks. I think TNT would've handled it a lot better than ESPN did.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah I stopped watching it after the first 5 picks. I think TNT would've handled it a lot better than ESPN did.

Agreed.

Very happy with the Celtics' two picks.

iBrandon
06-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I’m glad Ekpe Udoh went as high as he did. That is the highest a Baylor Bear has ever been drafted in the NBA.

I don’t want the NBA at all. I mean, I’ll get a few games in here and there, but I don’t follow it like I used to. With that said, I am excited to see how free agency goes.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 05:45 PM
I’m glad Ekpe Udoh went as high as he did. That is the highest a Baylor Bear has ever been drafted in the NBA.

I don’t want the NBA at all. I mean, I’ll get a few games in here and there, but I don’t follow it like I used to. With that said, I am excited to see how free agency goes.

He was predicted to go eight or nine, so a nice surprise that he went at six.

ebin
06-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Wait, the NBA Draft was yesterday? ;)

iBrandon
06-25-2010, 11:46 PM
I kept hearing Udoh to Pacers. Until yesterday and I read some mocks that sad Warriors at 6. So I was happy.

Yes, the boring NBA Draft was yesterdY.

Kingpin32
06-27-2010, 10:08 PM
An interesting report about the Lebron sweepstakes. (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5333896) Hopefully it comes true!

Holc
07-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Wait, the NBA Draft was yesterday? ;)

:confused: :P

JBHuskers
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Now it almost is sounding like LeBron and Wade are staying put. :D

HWill
07-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Now it almost is sounding like LeBron and Wade are staying put. :D

That's only if they get another star(Bosh,Boozer) to come with them. Otherwise, Wade could go to Chicago.

JBHuskers
07-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Do we really need a 1-hour special for LeBron's decision?

HWill
07-06-2010, 10:32 PM

It's doesn't take an hour to announce that he's going to play for Olympiacos. :D

JBHuskers
07-06-2010, 11:49 PM
My guess is Cleveland.

Kingpin32
07-06-2010, 11:52 PM
My guess is Cleveland.

I hope its Chicago. If not, I'll gladly take D-Wade and Bosh.

morsdraconis
07-06-2010, 11:55 PM
My guess is Cleveland.

I don't even think LeBron has a fuckin' clue where he wants to go. This type of stuff just makes me hate the NBA every year. When you have guys that just want to go to whatever team will give them the most money (and increase their marketability that much more) you have a game of individuals and not TEAMS.

God the validity of the NBA has become so out of whack and just so watered down from the last Golden Age (80's and early 90's) it's just so sad.

ebin
07-07-2010, 01:14 AM

Do we need one? No. Now LeBron's ego on the other hand...

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Bosh goes to Miami with Wade. Here's my Mel Kiper Big Board after this.

1. Miami
2. Cleveland
3. New York
4. Chicago

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 08:41 AM
it's funny listening to ESPNRadio right now....they're trying to make the whole LeBron thing seem so up in the air right now now that they have a 1-hour special tomorrow to air his decision....their story changes every other minute and every analyst has a different answer of what they think.....the analysts probably drew cards this morning on which team they would push as their choice.

texacotea
07-07-2010, 08:49 AM
LBJ would have to be insane to go back to cleveland. The orgniazation has done nothing for him, he wants to bring them a championship IMO but he still needs to go somewhere that will provide him with the players he needs to get him there.

:D @ JBs big board

Miami seems like its the most appealing now, but wasnt there talk about James and Bosh not wanting to play together?

steelerfan
07-07-2010, 08:50 AM
it's funny listening to ESPNRadio right now....they're trying to make the whole LeBron thing seem so up in the air right now now that they have a 1-hour special tomorrow to air his decision....their story changes every other minute and every analyst has a different answer of what they think.....the analysts probably drew cards this morning on which team they would push as their choice.

The masses lap it up.

The Worldwide Leader in Hype.

JBHuskers
07-07-2010, 08:55 AM
LBJ would have to be insane to go back to cleveland. The orgniazation has done nothing for him, he wants to bring them a championship IMO but he still needs to go somewhere that will provide him with the players he needs to get him there.

:D @ JBs big board

Miami seems like its the most appealing now, but wasnt there talk about James and Bosh not wanting to play together?

...in Cleveland. Bosh said there is no way he wants to sign & trade with Cleveland (which would have been the only way the Cavs could have got Bosh). Anywhere else, Bosh definitely wants to play with LeBron. Those three guys are pretty tight, so that's why Miami is now on top of the Kiper Big Board. As we speak now, Cleveland is slipping and New York may be gaining.

texacotea
07-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Makes sense, I wouldnt want to go to cleveland. Miami looks to be way up and if those 3 get together in Miami it will be crazy. All 3 are all stars and 2 are proven MVPs.

All the talk with LBJ disappointing the city if he leaves is garbage is there any one player that really cares for a city like that? Its all about $$$ yall

souljahbill
07-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Having been to Miami before, I would've signed with the Heat at midnight on the first day of free agency. I don't think I've ever seen so many hot chicks in one place before.