PDA

View Full Version : Share Your OFFLINE Franchise Stories (Madden 12)

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Madden 12 ~ jaymo76
Team ~ Oakland Raiders
Year~ one

Starting off my Raiders franchise, I did something I have NEVER done in Madden (or 2k)... I played the exhibition season. I went 2-2. A comeback victory versus the Cardinals followed by a shootout (55-34) victory over SF; then a tight 23-17 loss to NO followed by a blowout 34-17 loss to the Seahawks. It was a real challenge to figure out the ratings of rookie players.

Big decisions:

Cutting Boller... Edwards is the backup QB and Pryor is 3rd stringer and runs the goaline O series
Making Jacoby Ford the #2 receiver... Heyward Bey is now 4th behind Denarius Moore
*** Bey just hasn't shown me anything while Moore had an outstanding preseason
Keeping FOUR tight ends (Boss is the starter... with reservations) raw rookie David Ausberry has an A potential
*** Myers had a poor preseason and his catching stats are poor... he is on the trade block as we speak
Starting Wisnieski over Satele at CENTRE (I may look to move Satele to another position on the line)
Cutting RB's Bennett, Rankin, and Cartwright and going with the raw rookie Taiwan Jones as 3rd string and #2 returner
*** Jones impressed in preseason enough for me to make him the 3rd down back.
Trevor Scott gets the start at DE over Matt Shaughnessy... just going with my instincts on this one
Going with Van Dyke and Chekwa at CB... I cut Ware and Brown to make room on the roster
*** the secondary is very, very weak... this is the number 1 draft concern

Currently my biggest concerns are:

1. Jason Campbell... I may replace him with Trent Edwards if I can't get better production
2. LOLB.... Quentin Groves isn't cutting it... I am looking at FA Lofa Tatupu to shore up the position

After playing around with custom playbooks I went into Denver and held on for a 28-23 victory. My D line saved my butt... I was badly outplayed. Campbell, the secondary were attrocious. However, Darren McFadden had 29 carries for 202 yards and a TD.... an absolute beast! Van Dyke was great on returns and had a pic for a TD.

Bring on week two!:))

JBHuskers
08-30-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm getting ready to start one with Da Bears here....but I am having a question. Should I try to sign some FA's that aren't on the team right now in year one, or roll with the team as-is. For the Madden release video I did, I signed Brian Westbrook, Lofa Tatupu, and Jerricho Cotchery because Da Bears have $33.33M in cap space right off the bat.

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm getting ready to start one with Da Bears here....but I am having a question. Should I try to sign some FA's that aren't on the team right now in year one, or roll with the team as-is. For the Madden release video I did, I signed Brian Westbrook, Lofa Tatupu, and Jerricho Cotchery because Da Bears have $33.33M in cap space right off the bat.

I have struggled with that too. A part of me wants to stay the course for one season and then with scouting/drafting/free agency, put my stamp on the team in year two. I decided not to upgrade the secondary. My LB core is less than stellar but I really like Tatupu so he may be the only one I pick up...

illwill10
08-31-2011, 12:19 AM
I started one with Phins. I traded Henne for Mallet, as a Stop Gap . Played 2 pre-season games. I lost Reggie Bush for 12 weeks:bang:. I plan on simming my 1st season. I plan on drafting Andrew Luck as my Franchise QB. Ive been doing well in Preseason. Ive been able to run the ball good with Thomas. Hopefully Sheets can have the same impact as Bush
I just signed Noel Devine(default rosters) and he has A POT. So, I might cut Sheets since Noel is better.

iBrandon
08-31-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll start one with the 49ers soon.

I will not play preseason games. Still a waste of time and meaningless to me.

I will try not to sign any of the key free agents until year 2. I try to keep season 1 as realistic as possible.

JBHuskers
08-31-2011, 01:56 PM
I have struggled with that too. A part of me wants to stay the course for one season and then with scouting/drafting/free agency, put my stamp on the team in year two. I decided not to upgrade the secondary. My LB core is less than stellar but I really like Tatupu so he may be the only one I pick up...

Same here. Behind Urlacher is a mid 60's rated MLB, plus Urlacher is getting up there in age, so I think I will grab Tatupu, but keep everything else the same.

morsdraconis
08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
I started a Redskins dynasty, started playing the first preseason game, saw a four player collision that looked so horrible, I turned the game off. I just had to laugh at how bad it looked.

illwill10
08-31-2011, 10:11 PM
I didnt plan on playing any regular season games, but I really want to see how Noel Devine is. If he can put up the same impact as Bush, than Bush is replacable. I might trade Bush in offseason. I am mad though. Andrew Luck wasnt is my Imported class. Since I didnt save past pre-season, I will check if he declared or not if he didnt; I will use Ryan Mallet for another year and draft A.Luck in Draft #2.
Since Andrew Luck probably wont be draftable, MY draft is completely changed. I will draft best available for fit scheme. My DL is set already. Main need on Front 7 is LOLB. My need for O is #2 WR. I dont have too many huge needs, so I will trade down alot.

jaymo76
08-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Damn, just found out that the NCAA draft class glitch has effected me. Now I have to think how many classes I didn't save on the second export request. Frustrating as I had big plans on a few of my Syracuse dynasty players.

jaymo76
08-31-2011, 11:26 PM
deleted post... auto save issue

jaymo76
08-31-2011, 11:31 PM
Game two RAIDERS @ BILLS

Plain and simple, I got thumped 31-17 in an ugly game. It was 17-0 at the end of the first quarter. Jason Campbell is on a COLD STREAK and he is just killing me. He was 8-17 for 72 yards and THREE Int's... didn't even make it to the half befre I brought in Trent Edwards. Edwards was a respectable 19-32 for 223 yards and 1 TD but it wasn't enough to overcome the defecit. My run game was non-existent. Last week McFadden ran for 201 yards... today 17 yards!!! Also, my secondary continues to kill me as they can't play zone or man.

On the brigth side, Van Dkye recorded another pic to give him two on the season. However, my team has been ravaged by injuries (note: injury frequency is perfect IMO... I have more players currently injured after two games than I did in every season of NCAA 12!). My receiving core lost Ford and Moore. Both players were having a breakout game. I don't want to use IR for Moore though because I want him back this season but he is out at least EIGHT WEEKS. Ford will be out for two. And it finally happened... Jared Veldheer, my Offensive Tackle was injured. He will be out for three weeks. I can't believe it... a OL injured... finally.

I also traded TE Brandon Myers to Chicago to free up a roster spot as I may need to sign Terell Owens for a receiver spot. On a negative, I got a 5th and 6th round pick in 2012 and a fith round pick in 2013 for a 65 ovr TE. Clearly trading is flawed... three pics for a 65 ovr; plus Chicago already has three superior TE's.

Haven't decided on Tatupu yet but I still want to get him. Also I am giving Campbell a very short leash...

illwill10
09-01-2011, 12:32 AM
I didnt plan on playing any regular season games, but I really want to see how Noel Devine is. If he can put up the same impact as Bush, than Bush is replacable. I might trade Bush in offseason. I am mad though. Andrew Luck wasnt is my Imported class. Since I didnt save past pre-season, I will check if he declared or not if he didnt; I will use Ryan Mallet for another year and draft A.Luck in Draft #2.
Since Andrew Luck probably wont be draftable, MY draft is completely changed. I will draft best available for fit scheme. My DL is set already. Main need on Front 7 is LOLB. My need for O is #2 WR. I dont have too many huge needs, so I will trade down alot.
I found out that he didnt declare. So I imported my 2nd draft class and he is there. So I am good. 1st draft is replacing the players I am giving up.

illwill10
09-01-2011, 12:50 AM
I just resigned a ton of players early in my season since I dont plan of making too many signings. Most of my FA will be backups and depth

illwill10
09-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Just traded Reggie Bush for a 4th rd. 21st pick. I traded Will Allen for a early 5th rd pick. I could of got a early 5th for J.Taylor but he retired

illwill10
09-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Traded 1st,3rd, 4th round picks for Future 1st and 2nd picks and 2 3rd picks. Mainly was focused on my 2nd Draft. I have two 1st and 2nd picks and three 3rd picks.I feel I had a horrible draft. Most of the WRs and CBs were slow, most of them had 85- Speed. CB was one of my biggest need and I didnt fill it.
All the players I wanted were drafted early. I relied heavily on Estimated OVRs in Scouting. I replaced most of my Coaching Staff.
My OL, Front 7, and RB is set. So DB, QB, #2 WR, are TE, are my main focus heading into my 2nd Draft. I have 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, so I really focus on needs. The teams I traded early picks were teams I expected to be in top 10. I expect to be in top 10 again, so I will have good picks.

illwill10
09-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Noel Devine was a great add. I signed Brandon Jacobs as a Back-up. Starter is Thomas-Devine-Jacobs. I signed Malcolm Floyd. M.Wilkerson was available and I signed him. I signed Page as a Back-up SS.

Rudy
09-01-2011, 07:27 AM
I haven't started one yet. I want to get enough games in and have a decent slider set first. Plus I read that some teams have rain 100% of the time at home in franchise right now and that included Miami. I guess there are about 5 teams this affects.

One of the best franchises I ever ran was with the Cincinatti Reds in MLB Show 09. Why? Because I don't care about them. I liked some of their young guys and then proceeded to play the franchise, trading and cutting guys I didn't care for. I'm normally anal about using accurate rosters but I just said screw it and had a blast. I may run a franchise with Miami but I'm also thinking of running a Lions franchise or using someone else. Not sure yet but I do love the 3-4. Still not sure why EA removed the double OLB blitz from it though. I miss that play. I won't be playing the preseason but will still go through the cuts. 16 regular season games is enough.

Can you set formation subs in offline franchise so you don't have to do them every game?

illwill10
09-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Couple of my CBs I drafted played good in 1st pre-season game. I like to run a Man-Heavy Scheme. I didnt use/create a Custom Playbook yet because I dont plan on playing heavily till Season 3. A couple of the players the CPU automatically signed for me played well. Especially a Rookie QB I didnt sign. I signed Henne back. He played very well, 2TDs and 1 INT.
I signed a couple of backup OLBs. I dont have much depth at WR or CB.
I might have to use a different Draft Class as my 2nd Class. Most of the players in First Class were all slow. I really wanted to sign a CB and WR, but were all slow

jaymo76
09-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Rudy, you cann only do formation subs during the games. However, the changes will stay permanent all season. The NCAA version is far, far superior.

Rudy
09-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Rudy, you cann only do formation subs during the games. However, the changes will stay permanent all season. The NCAA version is far, far superior.

That kind of sucks but at least they stick all year.

JBHuskers
09-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Two games in the preseason, 0-2. No big deal, except I sign Tatupu to a 5 year deal, and is hurt for 8 weeks after the first preseason game :fp:

jaymo76
09-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Game 3: Raiders 20 Jets 23 (OT)

1-2
This was a hard fought loss that went deep into OT before the Jets kicked a 26 yard FG for the win. Jason Campbell finally emerged with a strong game throwing for 1td (and 1 pic) and 200+ yards passing. I drove down the field and kicked a 49 yard FG with 24 seconds left to tie the game at 20. However, I didn't see the ball in OT and Tomlinson/Greene methodically drove all the way down the field in OT to win the game. My DB's are just awful and my linebacking core has no depth... really those things cost me the game. On a bright note, Chaz Schilens really emerged as a "go to" option in the receiving core. Heyward-Bey continues to flounder with drop after drop. It may be time to put him on the trade block???

I decided to get FA Tatupu for my LB core... but he signed with the Patriots... the team I play next.

Game 4: Raiders 27 Patriots 17

2-2
First play of the game Brady throws to Tate who gets rocked and Huff picks up the fumble and goes in for a TD. I never looked back from there. Jason Campbell had another decent game and the run game worked pretty well. However, this victory comes because of my DL and shockingly, my LINEBACKERS! Quentin Groves had a huge game... I guess he knew I was looking to upgrade. My secondary was torched for 300+ yards but actually that's pretty good considering they were playing against Brady.

Next I get to scout more players. I will continue to look at linebackers and cornerbacks. However, I am considering my longterm QB plans as well.

illwill10
09-02-2011, 01:55 AM
Currently simming my 2nd year of my Phins Franchise. I am only scouting. After 11 games, we are 3-8. So, I am on pace for top 5 pick. With Bengals 1st round pick, I will definitely have 2 top 15 picks. I mainly focused on CB and WR. I mean I scouted almost every CB and WR.
We finished season 5-11. I will have th 4th and 14th pick of the draft.
I made a ton of trades in the draft. I have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds next draft. I drafted Luck. I had to trade a few good players to lower the cap. I was able to sign my players. I drafted 1 WR, MLB, HB, 3 CBs(big need), FS. I have a ton of CBs. I draft Greg Reid(CB, FSU) early in 1st. I plan on playing this season. Really have to focus on Pre-season, especially for CBs.
I will trade Mallet later in Preseason

jaymo76
09-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Game 5: Raiders 38 Texans 13

3-2
This game was super easy. The Texans could not compete as they were devestated by injuries and COLD STREAK players. Delhomme was the starter and he was 22-46 for 180+ yards. The Texans only ran the ball 11 times. The Texans also had NINE players with cold streaks. The score of this game flattered the Texans as they scored a TD with no time left on the clock.

Jason Campbell managed the game well but his medium/deep balls are just awful. I may look at trading Campbell at the trade deadline if the offer is there and going with Trent Edwards. We will see what happens...

illwill10
09-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I resigned clutch players to long term deals. I finally created a Custom Playbook for O and D. I had no problem cutting players. I lost my 1st round CB for 8 weeks and my rookie WR for 10 weeks. I am not mad about my CB. He wasnt a bust, but he doest fit my scheme. He is a 83 OVR A POT CB, but he is 5'8 and he is a Zone only CB. I will use him as a nickel CB when he comes back.
1st Game of 3rd Season:
Bills (16) Phins (22)
Overally good game. Andrew Luck threw for 14-19 163+ yards 0 TDs, but had 3 INTs. I had a great game running as a team. D.Thomas had 22+ carries and 110+ yards and Devine had a 25+ yard TD run. I got sacked 4-5 Times. Besides a Fumble TD Return by Bills, I shut down their Offense. Their RB avg 4.5 YPC, but shut their total rush yards to 55 yards. Their passing game never got started. I had 2 INTs(1 TD RET) by 2 of my Rookie DBs. I was able to get 5 Sacks. Next game is against Patriots.
I am torn on Ryan Mallet. He is 83 OVR, but he progressed very well. 98 THP, 95 TAS, 96 TAM, 93 PAC. He only has 1 year left on contract. He played great in Preseason. I will extend him another year and trade him. I will make sure I get at least a 1st-3rd round pick and a good young SS.

jaymo76
09-02-2011, 07:03 PM
GAME 6: Raiders 30 Browns 20

4-2
Jason Campbell, you may have spent your last life as a Raider starter. I pulled Campbell in the 3rd quarter. He was 6-17 for 48 yards and two pics. We were down 17-10. I bring in Edwards and he goes 7-10 for 132 yards and 1 td (plus one running TD). McFadden had a solid 24 carries for 103 yards and 1 TD. Janikowski had three FG's (36, 49, 54 yards).

The real story of the game... COLT McCoy is awful. He threw FOUR PICS!!! Had he played better, Cleveland wins the game hands down. Cleveland didn't use Hillis enough... poor choice because he avg 6 ypc. However, Cleveland falls to 1-4 and I move to 4-2 with KC Chiefs up next. Currently I am in 2nd, ONE game behind San Diego.

Note: the cpu play calling leaves a lot to be desired. There is not enough running and the cpu passer % seems to low across the league.

illwill10
09-03-2011, 01:11 AM
3rd game
Texans 27(3-0) Phins 17(2-1)
The score doesnt tell the story. It was a horrible game by my part. Andrew Luck finally had a good game, but my run game was shut down. Run game in my offense is important. I wasnt able to get any offense till the 4th and it was already over. I could not stop Arian Foster. He had 205 yards. AJ had 100+ receiving. What hurt me was that I lost the TOP battle. I need to get my Run Game going.
4th Game
ATL 6(1-4) Phins 41(3-1)
Just a blowout. Andrew Luck showed what type of QB he can be. 350+ yards and 3 TDs. Run game was shut down again. I will switch my RBs around. My last 3 games Thomas has been not productive. Time to give Devine the spotlight. E.Gates has been on fire last 3 games. ATL played very conserative. My CBs were able to shut down Julio and White. Turner had a good(not great) game, but gave him the ball at bad times.
Next game is against NE. 1 week until my CB comes back from serious injury. I will trade him for a CB equally as good as him. The CB fits my scheme perfectly and has the HWS Phins like. I will trade him and Future 1st Pick. I have 3 1st picks this year, so I will just trade one of those picks for a Future 1st so I can just replace. I traded Mallet to Lions for a Future 1st. Most of my trades have been either Vets or players with high cap, so I can lower the Cap.

After 4 games
Andrew Luck is 6th in QB rating(Cam Newton is 2nd). He has 1087 yards 6 TDs 7 INTs and 2nd in % rate at 65%. Daniel Thomas has 80-300(3.7 YPC) and 3 TDs. E.Gates has 381 yards 3 TDs and B.Marshall has 345 yds 1 TD. 6Th worst in Total Team Offense but are 4th in PPG. We have the #1 Total Defense. 1st in Pass Defense and 13th in Rush. Tied 4th in Sacks. #1 in 3rd%. 2nd Worst in Red Zone %. 3rd best in RZ Def %. -2 in TO DIFF

jaymo76
09-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Game 7: Raiders 24 Chiefs 17

5-2
First play of the game, new starting QB Trent Edwards is injured and Jason Campbell comes in. He pretty much won his job jack with a strong game. He went 21-36 for 223 yards (on fire in the first half). This was actually one of the best games I have played on NEXT GEN MADDENS. Charles ran all over me but Cassel just could not pull out a win when he had the chance. Poor D of K.C. ~ seriously 7 or 8 were on cold streaks and it totally showed.

Most of my players are back from the injured list. Denarius Moore is still out for another two games but my receivers have been doing a good job. Murphy (WR) and Boss (TE) are on fire and Ford's speed is a huge bonus. Currently, McFadden is in the running for MVP.

illwill10
09-03-2011, 11:37 AM
I think I will replace Daniel Thomas in the draft this year. He is too slow and he is not a powerful back even though he has 91 TRK. I might give Brandon Jacobs more play time. Jacobs had a bigger affect in Preseason than Thomas.

illwill10
09-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I just realized that it is week 6 in my Franchise. I thought it was Week 5, I forgot about the early BYE week. I wanted to trade my 1st round rookie CB when he comes back from injury next week. He is a Ronde Barber type CB, just smaller. I need a big Physical Man CB. I will trade him early in the offseason. I will trade Henne(again) in the offseason. I would do it this week but he is a backup that I trust and can fit in my Offense. I lost 2 young WRs early in season. 1 comes back in 5 weeks and 1 comes back in 8 weeks. I didnt really pass to my rookie WR in the pre-season, so I dont know how he looks.
Thinking early about upcoming draft, We need a replacement RT for Carey(age), Replace Power HB for Thomas(production), Receiving TE, Replacement NT, Replacement MLB for Dansby(Age), Replacement ROLB for Wake(Age), Replacement for Bell(Age). I only draft players I scout so if a player isnt there Ill trade down or for a pick.
I am set at WR and CB(after I trade my Zone CB for a Man CB), set at QB, set at K/P, set at DL(might need to replace NT). I like to trade away vets over 80 for future picks. I
After trading vets with high caps early in the season, My Cap lowered and I was able to do tons of resigning. So, I dont have to worry about Resign period or FA. I am 30 Million under Cap. Unless I see a player I like in FA, I will make a few signings. After this draft, I will be using generated classes.

jaymo76
09-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I think my scouting strategy may be flawed. 80% of the people I am scouting are CB's and OLB's. I guess you need to think strategically about what you want to draft in each round. This year I have two pics in round five and two pics in round six and I am hoping to find at least one sleeper in that mix.

illwill10
09-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I think my scouting strategy may be flawed. 80% of the people I am scouting are CB's and OLB's. I guess you need to think strategically about what you want to draft in each round. This year I have two pics in round five and two pics in round six and I am hoping to find at least one sleeper in that mix.
I had the same problem in my 1st draft. I didnt take notice to Projected Rounds.
After that draft, I have scouted more efficently. I scouted players in each round instead of top 5 rounds.Lately I have been scouted heavily on position of need. It is kinda hard to scout since it is basically scouting in M12 is picking the right players to scout. I wish they had player info. Like where it tells you players play style. Example, Scrambling QB, Power RB, Hard Hitting SS. They have to go deeper in scouting next year.I did miss out on a few players in drafts.

jaymo76
09-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Forgot to mention.... in my last game I lost a SECOND OL to injury! Absolutely awesome! I don't think I have ever lost OL in Madden or NCAA and this year in Madden after 7 games I have two out with injuries.

jaymo76
09-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Game 8: Raiders 31 Broncos 28 (OT)

6-2
This was the WORST game of football I have ever played re: offensive production. I won this game and had no right to whatsoever.

Yards 443 for Denver and 66 for me!!!
** 65 pass yards 1 rush yard (I was sacked 7 times for big losses)
0 of 14 on 3rd down conversions
7 completed passes all game for me
15 total injuries (7 for me 8 for Denver)

So why did I win???

Jacoby Ford ran a kickoff back for a TD
4 ints.... one for a pic six
4 forced fumbles.... one which went for a TD
one USER blcoked field goal (my first in next gen!!!)
one goalline stand in the fourth quarter
a fumble recovery on a cpu punt return in OT to set-up a 43 yard OT/Game winner.

Jason Campbell is oficially done as starter!!!

illwill10
09-05-2011, 12:43 PM
I will restart my Franchise on a nother console. I am not sure if I will use the Dolphins again. I will use the Redskins, more of a challenge. Need a QB, RB, WR, OL, Front 7, CB. Alot of needs. I am not sure if I will trade for Ryan Mallet again. Mainly because 2-3 years down the line he is as good as any other QB besides OVR becuase his ratings progresses greatly, but I want to draft a QB. Ill have a ton of moves to make. Trade vets for picks including Fletcher and Moss early in the season for high draft picks.

illwill10
09-05-2011, 04:18 PM
On my new Franchise with Skins:
Simulated 1st season. 6-10 after season and finished with 5th pick in draft.
Mainly scouted QB, RB, WR, and CB. There is 2 QBs in the top 2 rounds. Both are slow. I plan on trading vets. Fletcher retired. I plan Moss, Most of the CBs. I am set at TE, OLB, S. I plan on drafting QB, RB, WR, CB, MLB, and DE mainly in the draft.
I am currently at FA and will continue later tonite. I have 50 mil in CAP. I resigned alot of players. I dont plan on signing too many players just depth.

jaymo76
09-05-2011, 05:10 PM
On my new Franchise with Skins:
Simulated 1st season. 6-10 after season and finished with 5th pick in draft.
Mainly scouted QB, RB, WR, and CB. There is 2 QBs in the top 2 rounds. Both are slow. I plan on trading vets. Fletcher retired. I plan Moss, Most of the CBs. I am set at TE, OLB, S. I plan on drafting QB, RB, WR, CB, MLB, and DE mainly in the draft.
I am currently at FA and will continue later tonite. I have 50 mil in CAP. I resigned alot of players. I dont plan on signing too many players just depth.

illwill, purely out of curiosity, why are you restarting??? Was the first one just a "test" franchise??? Why not switch to another team in the offseason and continue on from there?

illwill10
09-05-2011, 05:19 PM
illwill, purely out of curiosity, why are you restarting??? Was the first one just a "test" franchise??? Why not switch to another team in the offseason and continue on from there?
I played on the 360 and now I am playing on the PS3. Too many freezing and only have a Sliver so I dont have current rosters.

jaymo76
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Game 9: Raiders 17 Charger 34

6-3
Mathews and Tolbert ran all over my D. They had about 200 yards combined. Rivers was decent (60% comp 156 yards and a TD). This game was close until the 4th quarter when the FUMBLE bug hit my team. I had FOUR FUMBLES, THREE IN THE SECOND HALF THAT BLEW THIS GAME OPEN. It was 10-7 at the half for SD. Edwards was playing well in his first game as starter... then he got injured... again and Campbell came in and had a other poo effort. On the bright side Heyward-Bey has had two straight strong games.

This game was tough as I came in with a few MAJOR injuries (RB McFadden, DT, Seymour & MLB McCLAIN most importantly). I had an open roster spot so I signed NOEL DEVINE to a one year deal before the game.... he is only 65 ovr but has an A potential and his speed and accelaration are off the charts. He had 11 carries for 114 yards. However, this is missleading as his first four carries brought him over 100 yards (one 77 yard TD run). At the half SD must have made adjustmens as he was destroyed in the backfield and gave up THREE FUMBLES in my end which basically cost me the game.

I am in 2nd place in the AFC west, tied with SD. The divsion is awful and truly the AFC seems week as currently I am in 4th in the conference. Next up... the Vikings. Historically I have struggled versus Mini so we will see what happens.

jaymo76
09-05-2011, 05:24 PM
I played on the 360 and now I am playing on the PS3. Too many freezing and only have a Sliver so I dont have current rosters.

Say no more... back in the day I had many an issues with 360. Glad to be on the PS3 now.

illwill10
09-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Say no more... back in the day I had many an issues with 360. Glad to be on the PS3 now.
I am a PS3 guy from the start, but it messed up while playing La Noire. I havent got it fixed yet, but I was playing on another persons console.

silens
09-06-2011, 11:16 AM
I just started a Raiders franchise on the weekend. Had a horrible start, but here are what I consider my biggest moves/decisions so far.

- Re-signed Seymour (DT), Branch (SS), Routt (CB), Shaughnessy (RE) and Scott (RE) to 3/4 year contracts. Most of these are already paying off.
- Campbell starts at QB (although I'm looking for replacements/opportunities to check out Pryor's skills constantly). Edwards at 2, Pryor 3rd String.
- Jacoby Ford to 2nd WR, behind Louis Murphy. This should be a big season for him. D Moore is third stringer.
- McFadden is starting HB, with Jones in second string after an impressive showing in the preseason.
- Signed free agent P. Tinoisamoa (LOLB, 78 rating). He is my starting LOLB.
- Traded Schilens (WR) to the Cowboys in week 4 for a 2012 3rd round pick, and a 2013 3rd round pick.

Any thoughts? I just signed up here after reading this thread, and thinking there is some information that could be helpful here, so figured I'd share too.

illwill10
09-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I only signed depth in FA. I had no Centers at all. In FA I never focus on OVR, I only focus on ratings. I signed Wilkerson.
In Pre-season right now
Draft:
The QB I really wanted got drafted by Carolina 1st OVR. I was pissed because he was 85 OVR A POT 95 THP 86 TAM 82 TAD. I drafted a guy in the 7th. I played him in a Practice and he was horrible. I will focus on QB next draft
RB- Good blend of power and Speed. Future Star in Player Role
WR- I draft 2 WRs with 98 Speed, one 5'10 A POT, and one 6'1 B POT. Traded S.Moss. Both were Deep Threats thanks to Speed. Will use them for KR/PR
DL- I dont know any of there ratings, but I made sure they were 3-4 DL. In my Phins Chise, I drafted a 4-3 DE on a 3-4 team,he was good but didnt fit scheme.
CB- I fully scouted a CB and I had to draft him. 90 Man and Zone Cov. Shut Down Corner in Player Role. But only has 88 Speed and is 5'10. I am transitioning to a Man-Heavy Scheme.

I will sim my 2nd season, Grossman wont fit my offense. I will use custom playbook. Mostly West Coast Offense with some of Bills's college formation. Defense will be a custom 3-4 defense , but most Man coverage and some zone. I draft a CB that fits in my scheme, but need more. Safety, TE, RB(Torain and Hightower can be good change of pace), WR is almost set(need Height), DL, OLB is set(where I feel comfortable at). Next draft, I will focus on QB(1st Priority), Tall WR, MLB(Rocky is injury prone).

jaymo76
09-07-2011, 12:05 AM
I just started a Raiders franchise on the weekend. Had a horrible start, but here are what I consider my biggest moves/decisions so far.

- Re-signed Seymour (DT), Branch (SS), Routt (CB), Shaughnessy (RE) and Scott (RE) to 3/4 year contracts. Most of these are already paying off.
- Campbell starts at QB (although I'm looking for replacements/opportunities to check out Pryor's skills constantly). Edwards at 2, Pryor 3rd String.
- Jacoby Ford to 2nd WR, behind Louis Murphy. This should be a big season for him. D Moore is third stringer.
- McFadden is starting HB, with Jones in second string after an impressive showing in the preseason.
- Signed free agent P. Tinoisamoa (LOLB, 78 rating). He is my starting LOLB.
- Traded Schilens (WR) to the Cowboys in week 4 for a 2012 3rd round pick, and a 2013 3rd round pick.

Any thoughts? I just signed up here after reading this thread, and thinking there is some information that could be helpful here, so figured I'd share too.

It will be interesting to see how many seasons Seymour plays before retiring. I may put him at the block on the deadline and see if I can get a pick and LB out of it. Ford as your #2 is a great move but in my franchise he is ALWAYS getting injured. I loved Jones at RB in preseason but during the season he has struggled, hence why I picked up Noel Devine out of the FA pool. Any plans on Mike Bush? I may also try to move him at the dealine for a pic... he's a good player but too SLOW to have an impact in Madden.

silens
09-07-2011, 01:35 AM
It will be interesting to see how many seasons Seymour plays before retiring. I may put him at the block on the deadline and see if I can get a pick and LB out of it. Ford as your #2 is a great move but in my franchise he is ALWAYS getting injured. I loved Jones at RB in preseason but during the season he has struggled, hence why I picked up Noel Devine out of the FA pool. Any plans on Mike Bush? I may also try to move him at the dealine for a pic... he's a good player but too SLOW to have an impact in Madden.

You're right about Seymour. If he hasn't retired by the end of this contract, I may try and get something for him. In my game vs the Pats, both Ford and McFadden were injured in the last quarter (pretty much losing me the game 3-7). Luckily Ford was fine for the next week - McFadden was out for 6 weeks. I've had a similar experience with Jones since the preseason, although he is still good for a big gain every now and again. I've held on to Michael Bush, and may put him as started while McFadden is out. I do like Schilens as a player in real-life, but you're right. Although he's seemed more consistent than other receivers in the past (in Madden), Ford seems to be getting better week-by-week. I'm starting to look at TO (WR) now in FA, as he hasn't been picked up by anyone.

I also signed a mid-80 RT/RG (can't remember off the top of my head right now). I've moved Wisniewski to LG, put Satele back in at C, and now just want to strengthen the right-side of the line a little more.

Right now, my main concern is still Campbell at QB, although scouting for QBs has given me some promising results. The touted "first rounder" looks like a bust, but I'll probably continue to scout a number of QBs through the season. Hopefully accumulating some picks will allow me to trade up into second/first round. Other draft considerations right now: OLB, C, RG.

illwill10
09-07-2011, 11:17 AM
1st preseason game:
SD 14 WASH 21
Good overall game. The RB I drafted looked great in limited touches. THe WRs I picked up will be a problem. Both of them had a Long TD Rec. All I need is a QB. All my QB played horrible. I try to trade for Mallet, if they play horrible again.

silens
09-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Just lost @ HOU in OT. They won the toss, I took them to 4th down, they kicked the FG and won 20-17. I thought the rule change meant to give me a possession afterwards?

Anyway, Campbell has a surprisingly solid game (15 of 21 attempts, 229 yards, 138.9 rating). Both Jones and Bush ran for single digits, but Jones made up for it with 2 TD receptions (7 rec for 149 yds).

Biggest changeup this week was trading Walter McFadden (64 rated CB) to Buffalo for 2 5th round picks (to free up a roster spot). Then a previously acquired 2012 3rd round pick from Dallas was traded to the Patriots for Ryan Mallet. He'll be my 2nd stringer for now; with 1 year left on his contract, Campbell may have met his replacement. Otherwise, Mallet seems like a solid project alongside Pryor. Don't really want to drop T Edwards yet, but we'll see how the rookies progress.

Paakaa10
09-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Just lost @ HOU in OT. They won the toss, I took them to 4th down, they kicked the FG and won 20-17. I thought the rule change meant to give me a possession afterwards?

The new overtime rules apply to the postseason only at this point in time. It is definitely confusing, and there have been rumblings about extending them to the regular season as well.

jaymo76
09-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Game 10: Raiders 17 Vikings 28

6-4
I badly, badly outplayed the Vikes but once again Jason Campbell did me in. Yes he had his best stats of the year with 301 yards passing, 2 tds and a 69% completion rating. However, TWO PICS and a fumble which led to a TD cost me the game. That's two losses in a row as I head back home to play Chicago. McFadden is still hurt so my run game is suffering. Plus I had to dip into FA for a DT (Brace) because I lost Kelly for the season. I still am in the palyoff hunt though as the Chargers are 7-2 and the Chiefs are 3-7 and the Broncos are 1-9. The AFC is really weak this year and I am in 6th overall.

illwill10
09-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Just lost Grossman for the year. I only have 1 Qb on roster. A Undrafted QB at 61 OVR C POT. Have to sign somebody
I signed Vince Young. I will sim the season. I have a lot of picks this year. Main need is QB, OLine, MLB. I might draft a QB late and focus on Oline. I have needs at almost every OL spot. Center is horrible, Most of my B POT are either old or low OVR. #2 CB is a need, too
While simming the season, I lost my Undrafted QB for the season too. I have to sign someone else. We are 3-10. I might try to sign a Franchise LT since Williams isnt, might move him over.
Ended season 4-12.
In FA, my main concern is depth and K and P.

illwill10
09-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I signed a DC as my HC. He has 3+ Man Cov and TAK boost. I didnt like the other HC.
I only signed 5 players in FA. All young. K,P 2 Guards, MLB. I dont like to overload at positions.
I got the #1 OVR pick. I fully scouted the 1st rd QBs and none of them are what I want. I picked a Franchise LT I fully scouted.
I drafted a LT, Backup FS, WR, 2 MLBs(huge need), QB(late, fully scouted A POT), CB, 2 RTs, Backup RB.
I plan on getting rid of of Torain and HighTower.

illwill10
09-09-2011, 12:41 AM
With me drafting a QB, I feel comfortable playing regular season
The QB I drafted is a 6'5 235 QB. Slow, but has a Rocket/Cannon Arm with a Stafford's Release. He will go perfect with the 2 98 Speed WRs I drafted last year.
I would sim preseason, since I know who I will keep. But, I am intrigued with the Undrafted Rookies my team picked up

illwill10
09-09-2011, 01:55 AM
1st Pre-season game
49ers 28 Skins 7
Just a bad overall game. Offense never got going will constant switching in lack of TOP. way too many Sacks given up. Turnovers didnt help. Defense wasnt that bad even though only 2 punts. I have a HC and a DC that has 3+ Man Cov boost total of 6+ Man Cov, so I was surprised that I seen my CBs being burned. QB that my team picked up sucks. Athletic but is only accurate from 1-10 yards.
I might sim preseason, but I fear of injury to key players. A couple of Undrafted rookies that I was curious about, I will just use them in a Practice to see how effective they are. I will cut them if they arent.
I am running a West Coast Offense. I am basically a Philly-Clone, besides a fast QB. A Strong armed QB, All-Around RB, 5+ WRs with 90+ Speed, Pass-Catching TE. I Might have to Decrease CPU Pass- Rush. I have no time in the pocket. I have 2 seconds than I am sacked. Most of the sacks are either unpicked up Blitzes or a f**k up by a blocker.
Simmede thee Preseason

illwill10
09-09-2011, 01:31 PM
1st Game of the Season
Wash 35 ARI 38.
Arizona's offense could do no wrong. When they wanted to run, they ran. Same goes with Passing. There 2Nd RB went off with 200+ yards and 4 TDs. Even though most of my CBs has 90+ Man COv(thanks to 2 coaches with 3+ Man Cov boost), They were getting beat short the entire game. I shut L.Fitzgerald to 3 Catches. My offense was great, but we played under the whole time. MY Rookie QB looked great. 400+ yards and 4 TDs. My run game never got started because of we had to score each drive. I missed a few plays and Oline got destroyed.

illwill10
09-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Just had my 1st ever Punt Return TD. My WR broke a Tackle and wasvout

jaymo76
09-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Just had my 1st ever Punt Return TD. My WR broke a Tackle and wasvout

Damn, I am still waiting for that. However, this year I have had two user blocked FG's and that's the most I have EVER had in madden in all the seasons combined (going back to 04).

illwill10
09-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Damn, I am still waiting for that. However, this year I have had two user blocked FG's and that's the most I have EVER had in madden in all the seasons combined (going back to 04).
It didnt count. I was having a great game against Gmen after a close lost to Cards, I realized how easiliy I able accidently moved the setting from Custom(your slider set) to All-Madden and moved it back. I didnt know all USer sliders were at 99-100. I was pissed. But it was 2nd quarter, so I felt comfortable stopping there and restarting some other time.
Even though the Return didnt count, I know how to approach it. I have the blazing speed necessary. It is all about breaking a tackle or 2 and getting the kicking team inside the hash.

silens
09-10-2011, 06:41 AM

Same here. I've blocked a FG and returned it for a TD, and had one FG blocked by the Pats so far. I've struggled with punt returns this year, though.

illwill10
09-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Punt Returns are extremely hard. The Gunners usually get their quick to stop you. Even if your Edge players get back their quick and you take a LB and set him up there, their awareness is horrible on returns. I think you have to turn up Run Blocking on Punt Returns. Ive had a KR TD in Preseason. With Kick Returns it is 60-40 Bad Returns, Either you Break a tackle and get a good block or Defense guns down the field.
I have yet to block a FG, but I never really tried to.
I might continue my Franchise before the College Games comes ons around noon

illwill10
09-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Game 2
Giants 9 Wash 45

Just a blowout game against a rival and a good game after a close lost. My rookie QB had a average game at best, 8-18 172 2 TDs. But, my 2nd year players showed out. Both of my 2nd year WRs had TD and at least 50 yards. I was only going to pick up 1 of them in that draft, but I had the extra pick and made a great decision. My 2nd year RB showed his potential. He had 19-132 2 TDs. He showed a great balance of speed, power, and balance. My rookie Power Back also had a 2 yard TD. Giants could not get anything going. My 2nd year CB completely shut out Nicks. All my CBs basically shut down their WRs, basically not letting up in YAC. Run Game never got started because they were down. My Rookie MLB had 8 TAKs and mad pressure in the backfield. They had 2 TOs that really hurted them and gave me short fields. The punt I signed in FA, only a 68 but has 98 KPOW, constantly gave them fits and gave them long fields to work with. I also returned a Onside Kick for a TD with Armstrong. I have the fastest WR core(sorry OAK), but with a bad OL, I have to use short routes. Next game against SD.

I had more sucess running out of 3 WR sets than 2 WR sets. I also had a good run in the Pistol set. I might change up the formation. They had my Power back as the HB and my Starter as a HB in that set. I might use Pistol more. I might use the Full Playbook more. There are tons of plays I havent used yet.

BCEagles
09-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah i'm in week 9 of my first season with the 49ers and i've gotten 1 fg blocked against the lions. I like how ea changed the field goal blocking to a realistic level.

jaymo76
09-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Yeah i'm in week 9 of my first season with the 49ers and i've gotten 1 fg blocked against the lions. I like how ea changed the field goal blocking to a realistic level.

Agreed! The changes to kiciking re: blocks AND OFFENSIVE LINEMEN getting injured make this game so much more enjoyable then years past. I have always been an NCAA guy but this year I am just loving Madden.

jaymo76
09-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Game 11: Raiders 3 Bears 38

6-5
I am embarrased to report this score. I was destroyed by Chicago. Forte and Cutler were king makers in this game. However, my players are on major cold streaks and with no MCfADDEN I can't run the ball. Plus Noel Devine can't hold onto the ball for his life. I also lost another key defensive piece (RE Trevor Scott) for the season. Injuries are decimating my programme right now (but I love it!!! please EA don't tune this one bit!!!). My D just can't compete. Trent Edwards is back from injury but he did nothing. I put in Pryor in the second and he was even worse.

I have dropped three straight after an awesome start. Currently I am loving this game and I feel the slider set I am currently using (jaymo76) seems to fit well with my record. Will I makethe playoffs? At this point I want to say yes because I am only one game out of first in the AFC west and one game out of sixth. Five games left and I am pumped to see if my team can rebound.

McFadden should be back next week and with that the run game as well. If I can't get the run game going again I can't win so the philosophy next week is ground and pound!!!

illwill10
09-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Game 11: Raiders 3 Bears 38

6-5
I am embarrased to report this score. I was destroyed by Chicago. Forte and Cutler were king makers in this game. However, my players are on major cold streaks and with no MCfADDEN I can't run the ball. Plus Noel Devine can't hold onto the ball for his life. I also lost another key defensive piece (RE Trevor Scott) for the season. Injuries are decimating my programme right now (but I love it!!! please EA don't tune this one bit!!!). My D just can't compete. Trent Edwards is back from injury but he did nothing. I put in Pryor in the second and he was even worse.

I have dropped three straight after an awesome start. Currently I am loving this game and I feel the slider set I am currently using (jaymo76) seems to fit well with my record. Will I makethe playoffs? At this point I want to say yes because I am only one game out of first in the AFC west and one game out of sixth. Five games left and I am pumped to see if my team can rebound.

McFadden should be back next week and with that the run game as well. If I can't get the run game going again I can't win so the philosophy next week is ground and pound!!!
I have sucess with Devine in my previous franchise.
I love the injury ratio. I fear losing key players.
I have a few defenders on cold streaks. My QB and WRs are on hot-streaks.

BCEagles
09-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Agreed! The changes to kiciking re: blocks AND OFFENSIVE LINEMEN getting injured make this game so much more enjoyable then years past. I have always been an NCAA guy but this year I am just loving Madden.
Same with me, I just decided to get madden a few days ago and i think its better than ncaa. I've been waiting for franchise improvements for so long, and ea delivered. I like how every team and every player feels unique, especially qb's.

illwill10
09-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I feel comfortable about this year. I simmed the 1st 2 years and focused on building my team for the future and the future is now. 1-1 so far. I build my team to fit my schemes. I run a Man-Heavy D Scheme and I drafted CBs to fit that mold. I signed 2 DCs(1 as a HC) that both have 3+ Man Cov. My Offense is a West-Coast/Philly-Type with some run-heavy formations. I drafted a Big Armed Mobile QB. I drafted 2 98 Speed WRs and 3 with 90+ Speed(some already on team). I already have Cooley and Davis at TE. I drafted a stud RB who is a complete back with power and blazing speed. Only problem is Inside OL. I drafted a Franchise LT and moved Williams inside. But, I have holes at Center and RG. I signed Alex Henerey from Eagles and this 68 OVR Punter, but has 98 KPOW so I can give Opposing O have to drive the field. I also use him as the Kick-off guy and get nothing but touchbacks
This year goal is playoff, next year is Super Bowl.

jaymo76
09-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Game 12: Raiders 30 Dolphins 31

6-6
Okay, I am getting a little nervous now. I am now 6-6 and have LOST FOUR STRAIGHT (never happened to ne in an EA football game before~ but O once went 0-6 in 2k3). I was down 16-0 at the two min warning of the 2nd quarter and then the half ended 16-7. In the second half I was on fire and with 3 minutes left I scored a TD to take a 30-25 lead. With 31 seconds left, Miami drove the field and scored a TD FOR THE WIN.

McFadden didn't have a great game but he was propped up by Devine and Jones. Each one had a TD. Edwards played well in the second but his accuracy really hurt me. The biggest killer... ALL MY O LINE IS ON A COLD STREAK. There is no blocking whatsoever! Plus, I have lost another DT. I have a patch work of DT's from free agency. My team ovr is now down to 75 because the the injuries (5 defensive players on IR).

My only saving grace is the San Diego continues to lose. They are 7-5. Looking at the AFC this season, if I don't win the division I will need at least NINE wins to make the playoffs. Basically I need to win the next 3 out of 4.

Cody
09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Looking for a team to roll with, any suggestions?

illwill10
09-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Looking for a team to roll with, any suggestions?
What type of team are you looking for.

illwill10
09-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Game 3 of the Season:
SD 30(2-1) Skins 41(2-1)
SD started very hot, but my defense showed up. I returned a 98 yard KR TD to cut the lead to 7 late in the 1st Q. It was by my 2nd Year Blazer WR(Elliot). Other is McNeal. My O exploded for 28 points in the 2nd Quarter. My WRs had the speed to turn a 15 Yard Slant into a 81 yard TD. One Play a Hot Route Cooley to a Vertical on a Curl Route and he was wide open. My QB is hasnt broke out yet. But, my 2nd year HB Holliday, is continueing to show that he is a feature back. 18-123 yards 2 TDs, I will try to get him more carries a game. My Rookie Power RB is also showing that I made the right decision to let go of Torain and Hightower. Only a 70 OVR and 85 Speed RB, but came in with 96 Truck. Alot of my Defenders are on Hot Streaks. Phillip Rivers had a 300+ yards, but threw for 56%. Ryan Matthews had a good game but only had 10 carries(100 yards). Besides Gates(who was a major Problem), None of there WRs had more than 4 Catches. I couldve had another KR TD, if Elliot broke a tackle. My 2nd Year CB(Lewis) had his 1st INT of the Season. Doesnt have good speed at all, but is a shutdown CB.
I face GB(2-1) next. That will be a tough game.

illwill10
09-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Heading into this GB game, Both of my Safeties are on Cold Streaks. Clay Matthews is on a Hot Streak. Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings is on a Hot Streak. But, I do have a CB on a Hot Streak.

illwill10
09-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Game 4:
Wash(2-2) 10 GB 35(3-1)
Just a horrible game in whole. We actually shut down Aaron Rodgers to only 156 yards 1 TD. No WR had over 1 catch, The RB had 2. But Starks had a career game against my run defense. He had 25 carries 296 yards and 5 TDs. My Rookie CB had 2 INTs and almost a Pick 6 but got stopped at 1. I have to pick up a CB, lost 1 for 8 weeks previous week. My offense is in trouble. I lost my 2nd year RB Holliday for 8 weeks with a Broken Collarbone. It is huge that he was looking huge. But, I have 2 RBs that can pick up his impact slightly. Helu has the speed and 3rd impact and Rookie Bruiser Noel who will get the ball 1st and 2nd down. But both of them are on Hot streaks. I might sign a vet for depth. Most of my OL is on a Cold Streak. I will have to pass more, but I dont have time. I have to go with shorter routes.
Next game is against Eagles(3-1). I might end up 2-3. Vick is on the decline.

illwill10
09-12-2011, 12:43 AM
I signed Dereck Lowe(Powell, I dont know) he is 70 OVR C POT, but he has great scat back ratings beside BCV and AWR. 93 Speed, 99 ACC and AGI, 90+ ELU and Juke. I will use him as a Special teams( # 2 KR/PR). That injury to Holliday really made me change the way how I set things up. I had my 2 young WRs as KR/PR because of their blazing speed. But I am not going to risk a key injury, so I have a Lowe and my #3 WR Elliot(1 of the young WRs) asvmy main WR. I signed Rookie CB with B POT. Great Speed/ACC/AGI, but very raw in Coverage. He will be a Special Teamer and my #5 CB. I plan on getting rid of Hall and Wilson. Getting up their at age. I will sign a couple of CBs in FA. I might restrucure a few contracts so I can release a few players without taking a big hit.
This draft I will focus on Oline heavily. I am pretty much set at all other positions. I already have Atogwea's(dont know how to spell his name) Replacement in the 2nd round last year. I might draft another CB and Landry's future Replacement. I might have to replace Cooley. I barely used Fred Davis at all. I have a Franchise LT, everyone else is replaceable(including Williams). I am comfortable with the backups. FA priority will be OL. I am at the point where I got the pieces, I need to get them experienced.

Cody
09-12-2011, 06:13 AM
No specific type, just someone fun.

illwill10
09-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Game 5:
Wash 51 Eagles 14
What killed Eagles was 4 TOs, that all led to short fields. Besides the 2 long TDs, Eagles did not pass the 50 yard line. Vick is on the decline 86 OVR. Vick only had 96 Yards 0 TD 3 INTs. Only 4 WRs caught a pass, no more than 3 Catches . LeSean had the best game. 15-132 yards TD, but 80 of it came on 1 play. Vick tried to scramble too many times leading to 5 Sacks. My Rookie QB Kelly had a great game, 300+ yards 4 TDs No INTs. My Rookie Power RB(Noel) had a great game, 27-156 2 TDs, I feel comfortable until Holliday comes back. 3 WRs with 97 yards.
BYE week. 3-2 on the season. I face Eagles again. They are 3-3. I might mess with my Sliders. If I can, I will change Vick's Scrambling Trait to Sometimes. He scrambled too many times. Next 3 games are against 3-3 teams. This year I face AFC East, NFC North, and Panthers and

illwill10
09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Game 6
Eagles(3-4) 24 WASH(4-2) 34
I blww a big lead in the 4th. I was up 24-9 and Eagles cashed in my On Kelly's(Rookie QB) 4 INT game. MY rookie RB Noel had a great game. He is probably the reason I won. He had 28 carries 187 yards 1 TD, 61 of it came on one play late in the 4th while I was trying to milk the clock. My QB didnt really have a bad game, but I forced a few passes that became INTs and I was focusing on Run games. I shut down LeSean to 20 yards. Vick had a complete turnover from last game. 17-28 268 yards 1 TD. Desean had a great game, 6-90 yards. They got off 3-4 huge pass plays where hevwould throw deep into avcrowded WR and the WR would come down with it. Maclin had only 2 catches but 100 yards.
Next game is against the Chiefs(3-3).

illwill10
09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Game 7
Wash 48 Chiefs 54
Cheifs started the game on fire. Thanks to 3 straight TOs they were up 17-0 in less than 2 minutes. 24-0 with 5 mins left After the first it was 24-7. My RB Noel was turning over the ball so much I stop giving it to him. I managed to score 2 in the 2nd, but the scored 24 more points in the 2nd(2 in the last 3 mins), Down 48- 21 at the half. My Offense exploded in the 2nd half. I was started the quarter running and had success, but I stopped after that. I was able to get a TD on the opening drive. I shut their offense down in the 2nd half. After the third I was doen 48-31. My QB was on fire the enitre game. After 2 TDs and 2 KC FG, I was down 54-45. with 1:15 to go. I was able to get down the field but had to settle for a FG. With :32 secs down 6, I tried to do a Suprise Onside kick and didnt do it right and kicked off. I lost 54-48. It was a comeback
Jamal Charlesvhad over 250 yards 2 TD on my D. Cassel had 345 abd 4 TDs. MY CBs couldnt stop their WRs. I only gave Noel 10 carries(23 yards) because of defecit and fumbles. My Rookie QB Kelly had a Tom Brady game. (27-41)516 yards and 4 TDs(2INTs).McNeal had 207 yards TDs, Cooley had 81 2 TDs, and Hankerson had 112 yards. I had a few Scares. I lost my WR Elliot with a broken something, but it was only a 1 week injury. My QB got injured. Vince Young came in and overthrew a open WR. I subbed my QB rifgt back it.
Lions(3-4) next. I might give my 2nd year DT some playing time. He has A POT but a low OVR. But, he played great in the preseasons. Current starting 3-4 DT is Cofield, Nixon(dont know who he is, FA I signed C POT), than my 2nd yr DT Walls. Since I run I alot of nickel and dime, he could get a lot of playing times.

illwill10
09-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Game 8
Skins 13(4-4) Lions(4-4) 49
I just dont know what happened. Their offense was explosive. For some reason Stafford never progressed. They signed Campbell as their starter. He had 387 yards and 4 TDs(70%). Besides big catches, I shut down Megatron. Most of the yards came from the slot WR(188 yards). I dont know why but everytime I face a fast back I give up alot of yards. Best had 30 carries and 150 yards. Noel got shut down again. Kelly had a okay game. But, Lions controlled a ton of time. I lost Atogwe for 11 weeks. Luckily, I drafted his replacement in the top of 2nd round. Low OVR and ratings, but I can work with it. I lost a bad center for 6 weeks.

illwill10
09-14-2011, 12:02 AM
After 8 games(9 weeks);
I have 3 players on the Pro Bowl list. My rookie QB is 3rd at his positon. My WR McNeal and SS Landry is 1st at their positions. MY QB Kelly is first in Offensive ROY voting and 4th in NFL for Best QB(2nd in NFC). I have 2 player(CB,MLB) who are 4th and 5th in Def ROY. McNeal is 4th in NFL in best WR(1st in NFC). LAndry is 4th in NFL for Best DB. My Kicker Henery(from EAgles) is number 1 in NFL in Best Kicker.
We are 4-4. We face Carolina Panthers next(5-3). I dont know if I am facing Cam Newton or another QB. The QB I wanted 2 drafts ago got drafted by Panthers #1 OVR. He came in at 85 A POT, So, I dont know which QB is rated higher. If I dont beat Panthers, my playoffs hopes will begin to fade. I really need be feature back to come back from injury(3 weeks). I have a CB coming back in 2 Weeks. I might IR Atogwe since he wont be back until at least Playoff Conference Championship. I need to sign a center badly since my start is gone to week 15. My other Center is 65 OVR, the starter wasnt much higher. I cant really release bad players because they are FA and have a big CAP Penalty.
My Draft and FA will be heavily on OL. I scouted every Guard, Center, and RT in the draft already. That position is a huge and probably my only big need. I might let Josh Wilson(CB 1 year left) and D.Hall(4 years, age) go this offseason. Josh Wilson wants a good size contract, but I been wanted to get rid of him. Good, but is the CB that is always getting beat. I wont look at MLB since I have 2 that have A POT. But, they are constantly getting beat by TEs. I might look at DT. I have a low rated A POT DT with good BSH, but hiw DL moves are very low. Maybe not this year but next year, I will draft Landry's replacement. I wont draft QB, RB, WR, TE(sign 1 in FA), LB, CB(sign 2 in FA), S, K/P, DE. I am not sure about how many picks I have, but I now I traded for some. But since I scouted OL heavily and dont have many needs, I will package picks and move up for some good players. I have needs at almost every OL spot beside LT. I drafted 2 B POT RTs, but I see them as backups.

illwill10
09-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Season Stats after 8 games
QB Kelly- 2261(3rd in NFL) yards, 20 TD(T-2nd), 13 INTs(1st in NFL), 100.7 QB ratings(3rd in NFL), 56% passing, 31 Sacks(1st)
RB Noel-454 yards, 6 TDs, and 5.1 Ypc. Holliday(before injury)-320 yards, 4 TDs, and 5.5 YPC
WR McNeal-26 REC 642 yards 8 TDs. Hankerson-21 REC 457 yards 4 TDs. Elliot-21 REC 416 2 TDs. MY 3 WRs lead the NFL in YAC.

DEF
Rookie MLB SMith- Leads NFL in TFL at 15. 53 Tackles 3 Sacks. Rookie MLB Jimmerson is 5th in TFL at 7. 23 TAK 2 Sacks.
2nd year DE Pearson is 2nd in TFL at 12. 24 Tak 6 Sacks. Wilkerson tied 6th for TFL at 6. 18 TAK 2 sacks.
Orakpo- 37 Tak 1 Sack,
Landry has 46 TAk 1 Sacks, 6 TFL, 2 INTs, 3 FF
Atogwe(IR) had 44 TAK 4 TFL, no INTs
2nd year CB Lewis is 1st in Pass Def at 15. I have a few CBs tied a 2 INTs.
I havent missed a kick with Henery. Longest FG at 57
Punter Bosher is 1st in NFL at Punt AVG at 50.3 yards. Net 43.2 yards
2 KRs avging 20+ yards, but both arent starting there anymore. PR avging 12, but got replaced.

illwill10
09-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Panthers has 2 QBs over 90 OVR. Cam Newton 90 and a Generated QB(I wanted) Berry at 92. I hope they dont keep him Cam next year. 2 different styles. Berry is a huge armed(98) slow(60) Pocket QB who is the starter. I will have more problems with Berry than Cam.

hitman625
09-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Panthers has 2 QBs over 90 OVR. Cam Newton 90 and a Generated QB(I wanted) Berry at 92. I hope they dont keep him Cam next year. 2 different styles. Berry is a huge armed(98) slow(60) Pocket QB who is the starter. I will have more problems with Berry than Cam.

This is what still bothers me about the Franchise mode. Even though there are supposed to be checks and balances to make sure this doesn't happen anymore it still does. The Bengals had the #1 pick and I, 49ers, had the #8th pick. They have Dalton listed as their "QB of the Future" which means the cpu will avoid drafting or signing a QB to replace him, yet they still draft Andrew Luck with the 1st pick.:fp:

illwill10
09-14-2011, 11:34 AM
This is what still bothers me about the Franchise mode. Even though there are supposed to be checks and balances to make sure this doesn't happen anymore it still does. The Bengals had the #1 pick and I, 49ers, had the #8th pick. They have Dalton listed as their "QB of the Future" which means the cpu will avoid drafting or signing a QB to replace him, yet they still draft Andrew Luck with the 1st pick.:fp:
In that draft, Panthers were #1 and I was #5. I really wanted that QB, but I knew there was a few teams that needed a QB between #1 and #5. But, Panthers picked Berry. I retried it a few times and the same result happened. I know it will be tough for a team to trade for Cam at 90,but I dont want to see Berry at 99 and Cam at 95 on the same time

hitman625
09-14-2011, 03:16 PM
In that draft, Panthers were #1 and I was #5. I really wanted that QB, but I knew there was a few teams that needed a QB between #1 and #5. But, Panthers picked Berry. I retried it a few times and the same result happened. I know it will be tough for a team to trade for Cam at 90,but I dont want to see Berry at 99 and Cam at 95 on the same time

My situation happened after my 1st year and all of the teams ahead of me did not need a QB, so I thought Luck would fall into my lap. i ended up drafting Alshon Jeffery (8th)and Trent Richardson (14th) and at the start of the preseaon, the Bengals had Luck on the trading block and was looking for a RB. Fortunately for me, they took Richardson and a '12 2nd/'13 2nd for Luck.

jaymo76
09-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Game 13: Raiders 16 Packers 28

6-7

Well that's it... I am in trouble. Five straight losses and the playoffs are almost out of reach. If I win out and S.D. loses every game it's still possible. I sohuld have beat G.B. but INT'S cost me the game with 5 mins to go (I was up 14-13 and then threw two pic six's). On the bright side, I will have a great draft pic :( Maybe my sliders are too hard for me at this point in time???

illwill10
09-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Game 9
Panthers 40(6-3) Skins 13(4-5)

One of the most frustrating losses of the season. Talk about facing a team full of hot players. A ton of Panthers players were fire. Most of their Oline were on fire and Williams were on fire. He had 279 yards and 2 TDs. My CBs were getting burned constantly. Their QB had 300 yards. Most of their Defense were on fire. Especially their 2 DTs. MY OL gave up 9, yes 9 sacks. 5 to one DT. My C and RG were getting embarrased. I had no time in the pocket. I was down early and couldnt afford not to score so I didnt run. QB threw 2 picks. the only good thing about my Offense was McNeal, 6 catches 138 yards. But he dropped couple of passes. Best part of game was a blocked FG.
I really need a win. I face Broncos next. 2 weeks before my RB Holliday comes back from injury

illwill10
09-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Game 10
Broncos 35(5-5) Skins 21(4-6)
Another game another lose. 4 straight loss. It was one thing that my OL was already horrible, but my ENTIRE OL was on a cold streak. Most of the points I had came from when I simmed the final half. I had no time to throw at all. Didnt try to run. It seems like I am facing a RB that is on fire. Moreno was constantly breaking tackles and OL was blocking perfectly. I lose Wilkerson for the season while simming. WR Elliot keeps getting injuried always just for a game, but it is getting annoying.
Next game is against Raiders. I am in basically win-out situation here out. DMC is on a hot streak. I hate to say it, but lately each of the last 4 teams that beat me had a RB on a HS, and with his 97 speed it doesnt help. My season is in trouble. My front 7 is good, but is very young and needs progression.

illwill10
09-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I won a close game against Raiders. I was able to DMC from destroying my young small defense.
I am 5-6. My RB Holliday is back. I hope he can continue where he left off. Hopefully my OL isnt on a cold streak. My first 3 out of 5 draft picks this year might be C, RG, and RT. None of my Right side of OL(and C) is above 76. I might keep T.Williams(LT) at LG, he is a 88 OVR LG. I might find Cooley's Replacement in the draft. Fred Davis cant catch passes in traffic. I might get rid of J.Wilson and Hall. I will restructure their contracts to 1 year. I might draft and sign a CB in FA. I will wait another year to draft Landry's replacement or if I see a young generated SS I might see what I can do. I think I have alot of draft picks since I constantly trade to the future. I dont have too many needs. So I might either package picks to move up for players or reach on players. I dont think I will have a high pick, probably in the teens.
Next game is against Giants(7-4). I beat them the 1st time. I am in most win mode. Luckily, alot of times dont have a good record

illwill10
09-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Game 11
Skins 35(6-6) Giants 13(7-5)
My offense is back. With the rearrival of Holliday, he provided the spark my offense was missing. We started off slow and the Giants started off 13-0 and then scored 35 unanswered points. My offense had 247 yards rushing. Holliday had 25 carries 163 yards and 3 TDs. Noel had 3 carries 60 yards and one TD, one on a 50 yd TD where he ran over 2 TDs and rumbled for a big TD. Kelly had a bad 1st half, throwing 3 INTs(20+ INT of the year), but rebounded in the 2nd. Giants had a alot of players on Cold Streaks. Bradshaw was on fire in the 1st half. But was given the ball in the 2nd. Eli only threw for 150.
Next game is against Cowboys(5-7). Playoffs is still a possibility. Currently 7th, behind Giants and Cardinals(both 7-5). I lost to Cardinals early, but I beat Giants twice. So, If I wwin and Cowboys and Gmen lose, I will take the 6th spot. Romo is injured and a backup is in(hot streak). I think I can win this game. With a Backup QB and DeMarco Murray as their main back, Their Offense wont be a problem.
I am very confident in my DBs. I will put my group of CBs against any group of WRs in feel confident that they will shut them down. With Holliday back and Noel getting 5+ carries, I am confident in my Run game. I like my Passing game. I have to cut down on INTs, but I have the fastest group of WRs. OL is a huge liability, though. I have to run to the left side to get a consistent rush game. I have to leave my RBs in there to help block.

illwill10
09-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Kinda pisssed off. I straight up destroyed Cowboys and I decided to supersim the final Quarter and the game froze at 25 secs left. So, I have to redo that game again(3rd time).
When I started that game, I saw that my QB Kelly and my WR McNeal are on cold streaks. It was noticable. My RB Holliday is on a Hot Streak, he was a beast. With Romo being out and their best RB being Murray, their offense was horrible. I will restart that game tomorrow(later).

jaymo76
09-17-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm still alive in the playoff hunt but I'm hanging on by a thread. It all comes down to game 16 at home versus the Chargers. Currently we are both 8-7. If I win I'm in and if I lose it's all over. After losing FIVE straight, I played two games last won and won both convincingly.

Game 14: Raiders 27 Lions 22

This game put me at 7-7 for the season. Finally my running game came back to life and my D played hard and defended the run well. My DB's continue to get torched though. This was a huge comeback win as I was down 16-7 at the half and 22-7 in the third. McFadden had an 83 yard run to get me back into the game

Game 15: Raiders 31 Chiefs 19

KC's injuries did them in as Troy Smith started at QB. He had a 35 QB rating. However, Charles ran wild again. If KC would have got QB help they would have won and my playoff chances would be over... However, I am now sitting at 8-7.

Bring on the Chargers (who blew me out earleir in the season).

illwill10
09-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Im thinking about running more shotgun for the rest of the season. My OL is a huge liability.
I have 4 games left(6-6). 2 against Cowboys(1 with Romo being out) and against Vikings and Chicago. I am undefeated against NFC East rivals so far. If it wasnt for my game freezing, I wouldve been 7-6. I feel confident against Cowboys. Maybe Chicago, but their D scares me. I can shut their passing game down(unless they drafted a stud WR). The game I am worried about is Vikings, Especially if Peterson is on a hot streak. A great RB can single-handily defeat my team. I am competing with Giants and Cardinals for Wildcard. I beat Giants head on twice. But has a better record. Lost against Cards. I dont have to win-out, just have to end up with a higher record than Cardinals or tie up with Gmen.

jaymo76
09-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Game 16: Raiders 23 Chargers 10

9-7
Pure domination... and I make the playoffs! I had nothing to lose so I went all out and every defensive play was AGGRESSIVE (gameflow). Bltiz, blitz, blitz. Mathews could not get out of the backfield and their offense had zero time to throw the ball. San Diego only gained 199 yards of offense and most of the game was three and out. Actually their offense only scored THREE points as the D had a pic six. This is the first time all year that San Diego was not in first place in the division.

Wildcard weekend has Miami coming to Oakland. I am looking for payback on that 31-30 loss a few weeks ago. DT Seymour is back finally so the D line will be a lot tougher and Miami has four O linemen (three aT RG) and Reggie Bush injured so my D should have the upper hand.

jaymo76
09-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Wildcard Playoff round:

Raiders 28 Dolphins 31

Miami kicks a 32 yard field goal with 2 seconds left in the game. This after I fought back from a 28-14 defecit with four minutes left. I knew I would not win this game after the first few plays. It just felt scripted. I had six plays where I was holding and each play was for 20+ yards. Campbell was hit twice and fumbled twice which gave Miami the ball within my 20 yard line.

I simmed the season and the Steelers beat the Rams 24-10 to win the super bowl. Okay, next up, the off season.

illwill10
09-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Game 13
Dallas 24(5-8) Wash 38(7-6)
I underestimated their Offense. I thought because Romo was out that they wouldnt be able to move the ball. But, their Backup QB and Dez Bryant was on a Hot Streak. He passed for 392 yards and 3 TDs. Dez went off on my DBs. 8 catches 211 yards and 2 TDs. Austin had 61. I shut down their run game. But, my offense was too much for them. Qb even on a Cold Streak had a good game. 13-20 297 TDs. RB Holliday is continuing to perform like he never missed time. I find my self checking down alot.
Next game is against Bears(5-8). Forte and a couple of avg OL are on Hot Streaks and they have pretty good OL who isnt on HS. So, that might be a problem. 1 game behind Panthers(won) and Seahawks who havent play their 14th game yet. I am in must-win out mode. I need a loss from Panthers.
My Entire OL and RB are on Hot Streaks and CHI's entire Front 7(beside Peppers) are on Cold Streaks. I will definitely try to run it down their throats.

illwill10
09-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Wildcard Playoff round:

Raiders 28 Dolphins 31

Miami kicks a 32 yard field goal with 2 seconds left in the game. This after I fought back from a 28-14 defecit with four minutes left. I knew I would not win this game after the first few plays. It just felt scripted. I had six plays where I was holding and each play was for 20+ yards. Campbell was hit twice and fumbled twice which gave Miami the ball within my 20 yard line.

I simmed the season and the Steelers beat the Rams 24-10 to win the super bowl. Okay, next up, the off season.
Are you looking to replace Campbell/Edwards in FA/Draft?

jaymo76
09-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Are you looking to replace Campbell/Edwards in FA/Draft?

I'm not sure yet. I don't know if PRYOR is ready to start (or if I want Pryor as the starter). I gave the starting job to Edwards but he didn't do anything and then got injured. I think Edwards may be a bench player only... I will check out what Campbell wants for a new contract and look at FA. I don't want to go the draft route because this year my draft is mainly about providing depth for my D and landing an ROLB as a starter.

jaymo76
09-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Im thinking about running more shotgun for the rest of the season. My OL is a huge liability.
I have 4 games left(6-6). 2 against Cowboys(1 with Romo being out) and against Vikings and Chicago. I am undefeated against NFC East rivals so far. If it wasnt for my game freezing, I wouldve been 7-6. I feel confident against Cowboys. Maybe Chicago, but their D scares me. I can shut their passing game down(unless they drafted a stud WR). The game I am worried about is Vikings, Especially if Peterson is on a hot streak. A great RB can single-handily defeat my team. I am competing with Giants and Cardinals for Wildcard. I beat Giants head on twice. But has a better record. Lost against Cards. I dont have to win-out, just have to end up with a higher record than Cardinals or tie up with Gmen.

Have you used any Pistol? I am thinking about redoing my playbook in the offseason and adding all the Pistol formations. Currently my book is too pro style for my liking, even with the cahnges I ahve made.

illwill10
09-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Game 14
CHI 13 WASH 24
CHI couldnt do anything in the passing game. Run game was good though. I had a great game rushing. Had a PUnt RET TD.
Next gameis against Vikings(8-6). This is a major game. I am in in 5th place in a 3-way tie with Giants and Vikings all at 8-6. I am on a 4 game win streak. Must. I can win my division if I win and Gmen lose. Both of their DTs are on Hot Streaks. 3 of 4 startin WRs have 96+ Speed. Good TE. Tough Matchup.

illwill10
09-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Have you used any Pistol? I am thinking about redoing my playbook in the offseason and adding all the Pistol formations. Currently my book is too pro style for my liking, even with the cahnges I ahve made.
Yes. There is only 2 Pistols sets. I have both. I use it mainly for the run game. I have the RBs to thrive in it. I use it rarely.

illwill10
09-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure yet. I don't know if PRYOR is ready to start (or if I want Pryor as the starter). I gave the starting job to Edwards but he didn't do anything and then got injured. I think Edwards may be a bench player only... I will check out what Campbell wants for a new contract and look at FA. I don't want to go the draft route because this year my draft is mainly about providing depth for my D and landing an ROLB as a starter.
In my 1st draft I got most of my Offensive weapons and a couple of Defenders. 2nd Draft I got my most of my defensive weapons, Franchise LT and QB. My Third draft will be getting the future TE and drafting alot of OL.

jaymo76
09-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Starting the off season... I have THIRTY-TWO players who have had their contract expire!!! I really don't know how I am going to do this yet but me team will look a lot different next season.

illwill10
09-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Starting the off season... I have THIRTY-TWO players who have had their contract expire!!! I really don't know how I am going to do this yet but me team will look a lot different next season.
Thats a ton of players. I like to deal with expiring contracts early on. I guess you have to keep important players and look in the FA/Draft for depth.

illwill10
09-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Game 15
Vikings 0 Wash 38.
A total domination. Adrian P was going off, but got a concussion early 2nd half and was out. I also injured TE Ruldoph for the season. There offense couldnt do anything at all. They had a 6 TOs that constantly put me in good position or took them out of scoring range. My offense heavily evolved around Holliday. 19 for 189 yards 2 TDs.
Last game is against Cowboys(5-10, 3 game LS). This game is more about not getting injured and finishing strong. I would sit Holliday in the 2nd half, but I want to pass the 1000 yard mark. I pretty much got playoffs locked up. Havent clinched but am 1st in Divison and 4th in conference. I am tied for 3rd place with Seahawks and Panthers. I am 1 game ahead of Gmen, but I can lose and still win division. Right now I will face Panthers in Wild Card round. I actually hope Seahawks win. I rather face Panthers than Cards. I played both of them and Cards beat me. Cards young RB destroyed my D and he is on a HS.
My RB Holliday still has a chance for 1000 yards even though missing 8 weeks. I have 822 yards)5.7 YPC and 10 TDs. WR McNeal is 27 yards away from 100 yards. 973 yards and 12 TDs. Rookie MLB Smith is 8 TAK away from 100 TAKS.

jaymo76
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Well, I got through the offseason and have greatly changed the makeup of my team. I traded Seymour (DT), Schilens (WR) and Johnson (CB) to Cleveland for Haden (CB) and a first rounder. Then I traded Kelly (DT), Walter McFadden (CB), and Henderson (DT) for Anderson (OLB) and Hogan (CB). I did a lot of "research" and all the players I got back are A POTNETIAL. I also traded Michael Bush (RB) to the Bengals for a 4th (2012)and 7th rounder (2013). Basically I loaded up on picks to rebuild/supplement my D.

I also resigned a lot of key players (B/A potential only with two exceptions). Some of the list includes:

Routt (CB) he cost me huge bucks
Shaughnessy (LE)
Murphy (WR)
Devine (6 year deal... and it was a great deal for me)
Veldheer (OL)
SATELE (OL) his potential was a C but I neede the depth*
GROVES (OLB) he's a C as well but had a huge year... I felt guilty... lol

Brace (DT), Ryan (DT)... Both 76 ovr. They were F/A's picked up half way through the year. I gave them four year deals to be backups.

I probably released about 15-20 players. I tried to resign Scott (DE) but he wanted too much so I had to let him go. Same thing with Bullocks... too much for a backup. I also signed Campbell and Edwards to ONE YEAR DEALS. Pryor is only a 71 and his short pass game needs work. However, Cambpell and Edwards both have no bonus so I can cut them if I need to without penalty. The goal is for Pryor to start by the end of the season at the EARLIEST.

I picked up three backups in F/A but they all are backup depth players. The good F/A's were just too much money.

The draft.... I don't know how I did (and personally it's terrible... you know nothing about most players~ needs to be redone!!!).

Okay on to preseason.

jaymo76
09-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Oh sidenote... I see that Reggie Bush has "retired".... broken verterbrae and HAD to retire!!! I haven't seen a career ending injury in madden in several years.

illwill10
09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Game 16
Skins 44 Boys 24
Last 17 points were Garbage time/Stats racking points. Cowboys started on fire and we pulled away late. RB Holliday ended the season with a bang. 20-200 4 TDs. 2 of the 2 TDs came on big plays where he showed his elite speed. QB Kelly ended the season terribly, 4 INTs. 3 of them late 4th Q while I was trying to get the ball to a WR who was close to 1000 yards. I didnt know he already passed it. I lost a couple key defenders(MLB and Nickle CB)

illwill10
09-18-2011, 06:34 PM
10-6(3rd in NFC, Division winner)
I face Cards Wild Card. They beat me in our 1st matchup. It is revenge time. I lost 2 crucial pieces to Starting D. Rookie MLB Smith and Nickel CB Wilson for the playoffs. Backups have to step up.
Stats/Award Winners
QB-Kelly had a 3796 yards, 30 TDs(3rd in NFL), 29 INTs(1st), 61 Sacks(1st by a mile), 79.2 QB rating, 53% passing. Offensive Rookie Player of Year. 3rd string QB Pro Bowl.
RB-Holliday had a great year despite missing 8 weeks. 1022 yards, 14 TDs(T-2nd), 6.2 YPC(1st), 113.5 YPG(1st), 10 20+ runs(T-2nd). Noel- 771 yards-9TDs and 5.1 YPC. Pro Bowl(3rd RB)
WR- McNeal had 50 REC, 1019 yards, and 12 TDs(6th),20.3 YPC(1st) and 7.1 YAC(2nd). Elliot had 35 REC-615-2 TDS,17.4 YPC(4th) and 7.5 YAC(1st). Hankerson had 43 REC-747-6 TDs, 17.3 YPC(5th) 5.1 YAC(6th). Cooley had 50 REc-645-7 TDs.
Defense
LE Pearson- 57 TAKs, 19 TFL(T-1st) and 15 Sacks(3rst). NFL DLOY.
Rookies MLBs- Smith(IR) 98 TAKs, 19 TFL(T-1st) and 3 Sacks. Jimmerson- 43 TAKs, 11 TFL(3rd) and 3 Sacks.
ROLB Orakpo- 76 TAKs, 10 TFL(T-4th), 3 Sacks.
S Landry- 91 TAKs 9 TFL(T-6th). 4 INTs. Pro Bowl(2nd string), 5th in Best DBOY
CBs- Lewis 50 TAKs, 4 INTs, and 24 DEFL(1st by a mile), Pro Bowl(3rd string) . Roberts(rookie) 4 INTs and 12 DEFL, 5th in DROY,
K- Henery 22-22. NFL KOY
P- Bosher 50.3 AVG(1st) and 41.9 Net AVG(1st)
KR-Elliot 799 yards 1 TD. 23.5 avg.
PR-McNeal 448 yards and 1 TD. 13.5 AVG(8th)

5th in Total team yards(8105). 11th in Total Offense(5495), 16th in Passing(3508), 6th in Rushing(1987). 1st PPG(30.8). 1st in Rush TDs(25). 1st in sack given up(61). 5th worst 3rd%(38)
32nd in Total D yards given up(6045). 19th in Pass Yards(3538), 32th in Rush given up(2500), 32nd in Point (413). 1st in Sacks(60), T-7th in FF (9). 2nd in INTs(21).
88% RZ(15th). 3rd most Def Red Zone Att(40), but T-2nd for DEF%(82). 1st in Penalties(21)
T-2nd worst TO DIFF(-9)

jaymo76
09-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Illwill, how are the injuries going into the playoffs? My team was just devestated.

illwill10
09-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Illwill, how are the injuries going into the playoffs? My team was just devestated.
I lost 5 starters on Defense for the year. Offense was off and on. One WR would get hurt every game, it wasnt funny. Had to take him off KR duty, most of my offensive injuries got better late in reg. season

illwill10
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Wildcard Weekend
Cards 20 Wash 27
I started off hot then Cards came back late. Thanks to 3 TOs early in the 1st, I got up to a 13-0 lead. I was able to shut their running game in the 1st half. Then in the 3rd they started to create drives and come back. Their RB(who destroyed me in the season) got hot, couple of TDs tied the game up 13-13. I was able to score a 15 yard TD with Holliday. 20-13 with 5 mins left. Kevin Kolb drove them down the field and scramble for a TD. 20-20 with 3 mins left. We both had a couple of 3 and outs. 20-20 with 1:37 left. They started driving and Im getting worried, then my Nickel CB Johnny Patrick picked TD off the pass and Returned it for a TD. Next drive, they moved to the 50 yard line and Landry was able to pick it off to end the game.What killed them was KK production. 0 TDs and 5 INTs. Couldve won the game. RB-Holliday 130 yards. QB-Kelly 68 yards passing.
Next game is against GB. I got destroyed by them early on. Their starting two WRs are on Hot Streaks. This game is going to be extremely tough. I will play 6 min Qs, instead of 10.

illwill10
09-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Looking ahead, I might not play preseason, since most of the players Im drafting are OL or Depth/future.

jaymo76
09-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Looking ahead, I might not play preseason, since most of the players Im drafting are OL or Depth/future.

Don't. I didn't play this time around after the first game. Simply put there is no reason. PLAY DOES NOT DETERMINE RATINGS. I had a WR with 8 catches and two TD's in game one. I held onto him and after the fourth game he was a 44 with an F potnetial. The guy never dropped a pass. Why does his rating not go up? If ratings aren't dynamic in preseason (and they aren't) then what is the point of playing??? Besides, after first round picks (A/B potential) pretty much every other pick is between C and F.

illwill10
09-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Don't. I didn't play this time around after the first game. Simply put there is no reason. PLAY DOES NOT DETERMINE RATINGS. I had a WR with 8 catches and two TD's in game one. I held onto him and after the fourth game he was a 44 with an F potnetial. The guy never dropped a pass. Why does his rating not go up? If ratings aren't dynamic in preseason (and they aren't) then what is the point of playing??? Besides, after first round picks (A/B potential) pretty much every other pick is between C and F.
I did in the 1st two years because of not really wanting to know how my rookies came out, I want to see how the Undrafted players the team automatically. I had a couple of late round A or B POT guys. But, yeah most of the players you barely scout and draft are C POT or worse.
I wont have to because after 2 offseasons and a on-coming offseason, I will have basically built my team into a contender. I hope I dont get any crucial injuries in preseason. I simmed the last game in the preseason and lost Kerrigan. I dont plan on drafting any WRs or RBs, so I dont need to see how players play. I plan on drafting OL and depth/future starters, so I will use practices to see how players .
Before the playoffs is over, I will restructure a few contracts to 1 years so I can get rid of players. I dont plan on making splashes. I will sign OL heavy and draft OL heavy. Maybe backup DT and LBs for depth.

illwill10
09-19-2011, 12:03 AM
It is not that I dont have confidence in my team and the early blowout, but I dont think we can beat GB. Offense is powerful and have WRs on Hot Streaks. My OL is a huge liability. They shut down my run game. The only way I see me winning is getting the ball first and scoring 1st and being ready for a shootout. I couldnt believe that I had the worst Defense since I shut down alot of passing teams down. Run Defense was horrible, last. This is the 1st time in a long time that I wasnt at least in top 5(top 10) in Rush defense. I do horribly against any RB over 90 speed or on Hot Streaks. After I realized If it wasnt a blowout, most of my wins were close. Most of my losses were either blowouts or late rallies by my offense. What helped me end my season on a 6 game WS was that all the teams were either at .500 or below.

illwill10
09-19-2011, 08:06 PM
NFC Playoffs Round 2:
WASH 9 GB 24.
Totally outmatched in this game. I came in with my QB and top 2 WRs on Cold Streaks and Cooley dropping passes(no CS). GB had top WRs on Hot streaks. I couldnt do anything on offense. I didnt capitalize on early fumbles and my defense miss out on 4 INTs. I only had 30 yards passing. I didnt xpect to win, but I wanted to put up better game. GB didnt really have a great game, I just a worser game and they had a few huge plays that helped them out.
My achieved my goal of reaching playoffs. I went from worst to 1st(in division). GB won he SB, so I dont mind losing to the eventual SB team.

illwill10
09-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Offseason:
16 players needed new contracts. 39 Mil under cap.
I resigned Cooley to a 2 year deal. Will find replacement in Draft/FA
Let go of Josh Wilson(CB).
ReSigned some B POT players and some depth.
Now 24 mil under cap.
Signed a few OL and depth and was getting dangerously low in cap so I traded D.Hall and Resigned T.Williams(LT) and got back to 24 Mil. Just signed depth, no starters. I signed 2 players with A POT, Sean Lee(MLB, and
Draft time. Mainly OL and some depth.
I drafted 3 OL, a TE, CB, Depth at DT and SS
I will sim preseason
Trent Williams is a 83 B POT LT, I switch him to LG he is 90 A POT.

illwill10
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM
I didnt lose many players in Preseason. Just YV and a Dime CB for the season.
One HUGE Surprise was that Dez Bryant(93 A POT) was available in preseason, there was a ton of well-known players available in FA in 2014. I HAD to sign him. I am loaded at WR now. I signed a MLB who turned out to be A POT.
1st game against Cards, Season 4. I think we can make a deep run at Playoffs. Alot of my A POT players progressed well, with Dez Bryant, passing game will take off. QB Kelly progressed from 81 to 89. RB Holliday progressed from 88 to 93. WR McNeal from 88 to 93. and Dez at 93. A improved OL. Offense will be improved. Defense improved too. LE Pearson(3rd year) is now the best player on team, MLBs Smith and Jimmerson improved to 88-90. CB Lewis didnt really improve much, but Roberts is now better. FS I drafted last year is now higher than Atogwee, since his is degressing heavily.Wilkerson didnt improve at all.
Goal for year is deep playoffs, top 8 offense, improve defense from 32th to top 15. Cooley is starting to degress, though.

jaymo76
09-19-2011, 11:48 PM
About to play my first game of season two. My team has been rebuilt nicely. This year my goal is to win the division and get at least to the conference championship game. SD, KC, and Den all look weak so in theory the division should be mine. My linebackers are beastly good now and the secondary is stong for the starters. My rookie DT (3rd overall pick) is an 86 A potential so I am expecting big things. Now if only my QB situation would figure itself out...

illwill10
09-20-2011, 12:29 AM
About to play my first game of season two. My team has been rebuilt nicely. This year my goal is to win the division and get at least to the conference championship game. SD, KC, and Den all look weak so in theory the division should be mine. My linebackers are beastly good now and the secondary is stong for the starters. My rookie DT (3rd overall pick) is an 86 A potential so I am expecting big things. Now if only my QB situation would figure itself out...
Similar position, just in 4th season(simmed the 1st two). I totally rebuilt the team. I drafted 2 A POT OL(one 83 T and one 75 RG), T.Williams is a A POT LG, Already had a A POT LT, Center is weak again, but my OL will be totally better. Defense is strong at all levels. Special Teams were great last year. NFC East was very week last year. Eagles(Vicks declining) and Cowboys(loss of Dez Bryant was huge) were terrible and Giants werent too much better(8-8). With the addition of Dez Bryant(still suprised that he was in FA in the Preseason(tons of great players was availble in FA). He is the Big Physical WR my offense really needed, All my WRs are Fast, but small(none over 6'1). Got him very cheap, might resigned him to a long deal,but I know it will be expensive. I was looking for a Big WR in Draft, but didnt pull trigger. Main concern is improving on my 32th ranked Defense.

illwill10
09-20-2011, 12:35 AM
I dont know if its just me, but in my 4th year I cant edit any players at all. The only thing I can edit is basic info. I really wanted to change up equipments and some traits for my players and CPU

ThePhantom
09-20-2011, 03:53 AM
I dont know if its just me, but in my 4th year I cant edit any players at all. The only thing I can edit is basic info. I really wanted to change up equipments and some traits for my players and CPU

Stupid question (maybe) - but is it because you're in the preseason?

illwill10
09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Stupid question (maybe) - but is it because you're in the preseason?
Im not anymore and its still not available.

ThePhantom
09-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Im not anymore and its still not available.

Then I have no idea, sorry!

illwill10
09-20-2011, 09:30 AM
It might affect my decisions in the future. I planned on switching teams once I won 2 rings. But, I wouldve to edit certain players.

silens
09-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Haven't really been documenting much here, but I wanted to share the draft picks I've acquired through a number of player and pick trades. Basically, I've traded away a few lower rated CBs, as I now have two 85+ rated CBs thanks to the last draft.

Anyway, I have the following:
2013 (current season) - 2 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, 1 pick in 4, 5, 6 & 7.
2014 - 2 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, 1 pick in 4, 5, 6 & 7.

I sacrificed this years first round pick as I've started the season at 3-0 (with #1 HB McFadden and #1 LT Veldheer out for 1 or 2 more weeks), so don't see too many huge needs right now. The team is rated 83/84 without those two big players, so I figured I'll just continue to stockpile picks, probably trading some more next year for 2015 picks...etc. 11 picks in 2014 seems excessive, although I do have a few open spots on the depth chart.

What would you guys do in this situation? Try and trade back into the first round? Try and pick up a player or two for picks (if possible)?

jaymo76
09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Haven't really been documenting much here, but I wanted to share the draft picks I've acquired through a number of player and pick trades. Basically, I've traded away a few lower rated CBs, as I now have two 85+ rated CBs thanks to the last draft.

Anyway, I have the following:
2013 (current season) - 2 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, 1 pick in 4, 5, 6 & 7.
2014 - 2 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, 1 pick in 4, 5, 6 & 7.

I sacrificed this years first round pick as I've started the season at 3-0 (with #1 HB McFadden and #1 LT Veldheer out for 1 or 2 more weeks), so don't see too many huge needs right now. The team is rated 83/84 without those two big players, so I figured I'll just continue to stockpile picks, probably trading some more next year for 2015 picks...etc. 11 picks in 2014 seems excessive, although I do have a few open spots on the depth chart.

What would you guys do in this situation? Try and trade back into the first round? Try and pick up a player or two for picks (if possible)?

Any picks after the mid second round will most likely be C to F range. If you can get some good depth players and move a few picks for them, I think that would be the best way to go.

illwill10
09-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Game 1 of 4th season
Wash 52 Cards 17
We started on fire. With a extremely weak secondary(besides PP), I was able to pass for 355 yards and 5 TDs(no INTs). Dez Bryant and McNeal had 4 rec 100+ yards and 2 TDs each all on 1 side(cards #2 CB is 75 OVR and had 87 speed). OL looks improved, but still gave up 5 sacks. Cards offense didnt go off until late, for a reason. I was able shut down their RB early. But, I wasnt able to shut down Kevin Kolb on the ground at all. 8 carries and 92 yards. This was the 1st time I had a QB had that cause much damage. One bad note was this game was plagued early with a few costly injuries. I lost Holliday(I still managed to get 100+ yars rushing with him) and CB for the game early in the 1st. Then I lost my rookie Nickel CB for 4 weeks. I had WRs in at CB spot. I only have 3 active CBs. I forgot I lost 1 for the year. I might pick another CB or 2 up.
I face Cowboys next. I plan on making Cowboys regret letting Dez go. I just signed him for a 6 year deal. My QB and top 2 WRs are on Hot Streaks going against another weak CB group, no CB over 80

illwill10
09-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Game 2
Wash 34(2-0) Dallas 20(1-1)
The score doesnt tell the whole story. This was a tough fought battle. Dallas played me tight the whole game. I was expecting to torch their secondary, but my passing game got shut down, but I did have big plays. My Rb Holliday had a great game. 17 carries 150 yards and 1 TD. He wouldve had 87 yards if I didnt score on a 63 yard TD under 1 min in game. I shut Dallas run game down. Beside Miles Austin(on Hot streak), I shut down Dallas WRs completely. They really miss Dez Bryant. I cant wait till I face a slow QB. It looks I will have problems against QBs over 70 speed.
Next game against Titans.

illwill10
09-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Game 3
Tenn 23(1-2) Wash 62(3-0)
When it rains it pours. This was a game for RBs. Both my RB and Chris Johnson had over 200 yards rushing and 2+ TD each. PAssing game was good too. Both QBs passed over 66+%. Locker had 94 yards rushing. I shut down their WRs. The thing that decided this game was Tenn had 5 costly turnovers inside their 50, I scored on each. I have to do something to stop scrambling QBs.
I face GB(3-1) next. This will be a tough battle. Last 2 times I faced them they beat me easily. But, my players improved since then. I get my Nickel CB back, so I can matchup with GB WRs. All their starting LBs are on Hot Streaks. Starks is on a Hot Streak.

illwill10
09-23-2011, 07:17 PM
l am thinking about switching teams in the offseason if I win the SuperBowl. I usually restart after I win anyway. If I do, I will go to the team who is in the top-5, dome, QB needy, and a 4-3 D. I am tired of rain games. I built a great team for the Skins in 4 seasons. I dont have any needs, I filled needs for the future already beside Center. So, I am already thinking about of another team. I currently have 4 A POT MLBs, Im thinking about making sure 1 of them is available for my new team. 1st draft for new team will be offense-heavy, QB, HB, 2 WRs.
Since it is early in season and I dont really know how other team's situation are right now, I think the team I am really considering Colts or maybe 49ers. I think Peyton, and Wayne are close to retiring(if they havent already).

illwill10
09-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Game 4
GB 16 Skins 41
Great win to stay undefeated and get revenge for 2 blowouts from them last year.. GB 2 TOs hurted them early. I scored off a INT RET TD. I was able to get 5 sacks against Rodgers. 2 INTs for Rodgers. I was able to shut him and the pass game down. 13-36 168 1 TD. None of the WRs had more than 2 Catches. Run game was good, but was down the whole game. Offense was great. QB Kelly had 20-31 305 3 TD 1 INT. My Run game picked up late. 16 carries and 110 yards and 1 TD. A ton of injuries occured in that game. I lost my Best pass rusher for 2 weeks.
I face a 1-4 Gmen next.

illwill10
09-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Eagles and Skins are both 4-0. But, Eagles have Carson Palmer at QB. Mike Vick is at 49ers. Colts are looking like my future team. Peyton is 38, Wayne is getting old, they have Gore at RB. But even if Peyton retires, I dont think they win end in top 10. There is a top-5 QB I want to start a franchise with. Whatever team I goes to cannot be affected by the rain-glitch bug. I hate having rain games 80% of the time.

illwill10
09-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Game 5
Skins(5-0) 54 Gmen(1-5) 3
My defense just completely shut everything down and made Eli's day horrible. 4 INTs(1 for TD) and 6 sacks. Eli only had 139 yards. No WR had over 3 catches. Run game wasnt bad. They had 7 3 and outs, and gave me short fields. QB Kelly 78% of his passes for 278 yards. My RB Holliday had 220 yards and 4 TDs. I finally got sacks from my OLBs. Orakpo had 1 and Kerrigan had 3.
Next game against 3-3 Texans. AJ and Shaub is declining but 2-4 WRs in that offense has at least 95+ speed.

kindella2
09-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Going into my second year of offline fantasy but im thinking of restarting. I do have a question...can you turn off Cap Penalties or at least Clear them? I remember their used to be a way to clear them but i dont know if its in this version...

illwill10
09-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Game 6
Texans 7 Wash(6-0) 20
Im still undefeated. I was a tough fought game. No mistakes/TOs from any of the teams. I was able to win the TOP battle. My best WR McNeal keeps getting injuried. Holliday had 21 carries 121 yards 1 TD. I was able to shut down their passing game. AJ only had 2 catches for 19 yards. Matt Shaub got injuried in the 3rd. Backup actually did better than him. Shut down Foster to 57 yards.
Next game against 49ers(2-4) with Vick as their QB. I got back my Best player on team(I wasnt gonna get him in the draft, but I dont regret it). But I lost my starting MLB for 3 weeks. But, I have great depth at MLB.

illwill10
09-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Game 7
49ers 24 SKins 31(7-0)
Early mistakes by Vick helped me stay undefeated. But he and a generated WR helped them stay close. Vick was on a Hot Streak. He completed 18-22 298 yards 2 INTs. His WR had 200 yards on my defense. I shut down their run game. It was the opposite for my offense. They shut down my pass game, but I was able to get plays when I needed it. My RB was shut down first half, but managed to get 125+ yards in the 2nd half(most in the 4th).
Next game against Giants(3-5). My starting CBs are on Cold Streaks. Nicks, Amukmara, Bradshaw are on Hot Streaks

illwill10
09-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Game 8
Giants(3-6) 10 Wash(8-0) 34
Great game in the early first half, but my defense shut them done completely in the 2nd. My offense was shutdown in the 2nd too, only 6 points. Both run games were shut down, funny because both of our backs were on Hotstreaks. My rb had 90 yards, but most of them came when I was stat-padding. Eli was doing good, but my CBs were locking done their WRs, none had over 4 rec. My QB Kelly and WR McNeal had a great game. Kelly had 16-28 324 yards and 4 TDS. Com % wouldve been better but the were 7 combined drops/pass Def. McNeal was finally able to withstand a entire game. He had 7 Rec 147 yards and 3 TDs.
I face Jags(4-4) next. I had a VERY EASY schedule so far. Only one of the teams I faced are over .500 and that is Cards(Packers are 3-5). My next 5 games have 3 teams at least .500. I have a great chance of have 12+ wins this year.

illwill10
09-27-2011, 04:34 PM
After 8 games my stats are:
QB Kelly- 2109 yards(T-3rd), 21(51 career)TDs(1st), 6 INTs, 131.4 QB Rat(1st) 22 Sacks(T-2nd), 65% COM)(1st).
RB Holliday- 1241 yards(1st), 14 TDs(1st), and 6.5 YPC(1st), 10 20+ Runs(1st).
WRs- McNeal- 31 Rec, 743 Yards(2nd, missed a lot of time), and 9 TD(3rd), 7.1 YAC(1st). Dez Bryant- 29 REC 535 yards(17th), and 8 TDs(4th), 6.4 YAC(2nd).

Defense
FS Bailey- 41 TAKs and 6 Pass Def
SS Landry- 41 TAKs 1 Sack, 6 TFL, 1 IN Ts, 4 DEFL, and 3 FFs, 1 TD
Orakpo- 31 Taks, 11 TFL(T-1st), 3 Sacks, 1 INT
MLB Jimmerson- 26 TAks, 7 TFL, 2 sacks, 5 INTs(T-1st), 2 TDs
CB Roberts- 29 Taks 5 INTs(T-1st), 9 DEFL(2nd), 2 TDs
CB Lewis- 26 Taks, 3 Ints, 5 DEF
OLB Kerrigan 8 TFls and 4 SAcks
DE Pearson 5 Sacks and 11 TFL(T-1st, missed half of games)
DT CoField- 6 Sacks, and 10 TFL

2nd best Total O, 4th best Pass Yards, 1st in Rush, 1st in PPG, 9th worst in 1st down. T-6th in 3rd %,1st in RZ att, 10th worst in RZ Off %. Best TO DIff(+14)
10th best Total D, 5th best Pass D, 9th worst Rush D, 2nd best Opp PPG, 1st in sacks(39), 1st in INTs(19), T-10th best in D RZ Att, Worst DEF% in RZ. 22 Takeaways.

It looks like I am having major improvements on my team from last year. Kelly went from 13 INTs last midseason to 6 this year, 30 Sacks to 22 Sacks, 100 QB rating to 131, 55% Com to 65%. Holliday stayed healthy, DeZ Bryant was a huge add. 16th in Passing to 4th in passing, 6th in Rushing to 1st in rushing. 31st in TO Diff to 1st. Defense improved from 32th to 10th, Pass D 19th to 5th, 32th in Rush to 21st.
I am on pace for a great year and a SB.
Pro Bowl candidates: QB Kelly, RB Holliday, WR McNeal and Dez, DE Pearson, DT Cofield, MLB Jimmerson, CBs Roberts and Lewis, SS Landry, and K Henery.
Award hopefuls: Holliday and Kelly for MVP and OPOY(Both 1st and 2nd). Jimmerson and Roberts for DPOY(2nd and 3rd). Holliday for Best RB. McNeal(5th in MVP and OPOY for NFC) and Dez for Best WR(2nd and 5th). Jimmerson for Best LB(2nd). DE Pearson is 4th in Best DL. Roberts and Lewis for Best DB (both are 2nd and 3rd for DPOY for NFC). Henery for Best Kicker(2nd). CB Barnett is 5th for DROY in NFC. T.Williams and Austin for Best OL in NFC. Funny is that QB Kelly isnt on NFC or NFL for Best QB of year. 8-0 really helps alot of players.

jaymo76
09-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Finally got a game in tonight after a week off. My team is rebuilt and my D is AMAZING. In game one versus San Diego I won 45-3 and held the Chargers to 157 total offense. The star of the game... wait for it... Jason Campbell who went 19-24 for 317 yards and three TD's!!! My trades and first round draft picks played awesome and my new DT (3RD overall pick) was in the backfield all day. Mathews was limited to 68 yards and Rivers was sacked seven times. Bring on game two!!!

BCEagles
09-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Just won my first preseason game of my second year, 49ers 20- Washington 17. My backup qb C.J. Bollinger played great, however I picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick in a bidding war with the redskins and he was 3/9 w/ 24 yds, 0 td, and 2 int. I only gave Frank Gore 2 carries in the game cuz last preseason he got injured in the first preseason game but each carrie went for 7 yds. My backup runningback, Kendall Hunter was on fire w/ 12 rushes for 83 yds and 1 td. Alex Smith, who is now my 3rd string qb, had an impressive game going 13/21 w/ 194 yds and 1 td. I obtained the final 6 points through two short FG's made by my rookie free agent kicker Alex Stone. My starting defense was amazing. Navarro Bowman had 5 tackles and a sack, and my rookie DE Clint Justice had 2 sacks and 8 tackles. However, Carlos Rogers gave up 2 deep TD passes that were both two rookie WR's. In the end, I think the team played great and I may be putting Carlos Rogers on the trading block and seeing wut kind of draft pick i can get for him.

BCEagles
09-29-2011, 10:52 AM
I know this question has been asked before but i couldnt find the answer. Does the glitch where the rookies from your ncaa draft class are not imported always happen or is it just sometimes when you start a franchise it happens?

illwill10
09-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Game 9
Skins 38 Jags 20
Not a game to be a QB. Both QBs threw 4+ INTs. I shouldve scored 50+. Jags had tons of defensive players on Hot Streaks. My QB threw 5 INTs(1 for a TD). I completely shut down MJD, 14-24. My RB had 200+ yards and 3 TDs. Besides Garbage time stats for Jags, I shut down their entire offense. I just kept giving them short fields.
Next game is against 6-3 Eagles(2-3 since going 4-0). Everyone is healthy.

illwill10
09-30-2011, 12:33 AM
I was eventually going to just switch teams, If I win the Superbowl. But, I want to still play with my rebuilt Skins. So hopefully I can pick a team I can build while I play with Skins. I planned on simming the 1st year with new team, anyway. I really want to see how I players progress with 3+ years of experience. If I can, I will draft for one team heavy. The only need I have on Skins is Center. I already drafted replacements for key starters.
But, I dont know how long I will be playing MAdden once NBA 2k comes out.

illwill10
09-30-2011, 08:08 AM
I played half of game 10(PHI) and simmed the rest and won(10-0) because I started very late and was babysitting. Dont like to restart games at later times and dont have many chances to play games.
Next game against 3-7 ATL

illwill10
09-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Game 11
Skins 48(11-0) ATL 13(3-8)
My defense was able to shut down Ryan down to 134 yards 1 TD and 2 INTS. I was able to bottle up Turner. I shut down Julio Jones(and he was on a Hot Streak) and Roddy White. I held them to 5-14 3rd %. I played a Falcons D full of players on Cold Streaks. My QB was able to throw 385 yards and 5 TDs(4 of them on Verticals). RB Holliday had 200 yards.
Next game against 4-7 Hawks. I think the reasons I am undefeated is I have #1 Offense, #2 Defense, and #1 TO Diff and schedule. Last year I had the worst defense and TO diff. I have a ton of players each game on hot streaks. I have the most sacks and INTs. I am getting sacks from my OLBs and my entire line. My team has stayed consistently healthy. Out of the 11 teams I face 2 are at or above .500, and those teams are only 1 game above .500. I faced alot bad or cold-streak affected teams.

illwill10
09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Game 12
Hawks 10 Skins 40.
I scored 10 points late which makes it seem like a easy rout. My defense is continuing its dominance against opposing offenses. I gave up 100+ rushing, but I shut the pass game down completely to 97 yards. Only one WR had more than 1 catch. My RB had 128 yards. My Passing game all year is a big play type. I will never have them have 30+ attempt games unless I have to. I dont really do them dink dink passes, I am a run 1st and 2nd, then throw it deep or PA to Cooley . I like to motion WRs to see what type of defense I am facing. I like to take advantage of CBs. QB Kelly had 275 yards and 4 TDs. Dez Bryant had 8 catches 147 yards and 2 TDs.
Next gane is against 4-8 Cowboys. Looking at scouting, there is a 7th rd 5'10 220 RB I scouted. It shows that he has 94 STF, 90 Spin, and 94 Juke. I wont draft him for Skins. But, if I switch teams I am drafting him there. I am also thinking of restructuring some contracts. I have a couple of good players on my team that get very few play time and wont see much in the future. I have a few WRs, MLBs, and DTs who have B POT or maybe A POT that wont get much playing due to stars already at position. I would like them to come over to my new team.
The Addition of Dez Bryant and Kerrigan staying healthy really boosted this team this year. Both Dez and DMC(McNeal) have 1000+ yards, 15 TDs, and 8+ YAC. Kerrigan has 9 sacks and 18 TFL so far from his OLB spot. Really helps in 3-4 D to get sacks from OLBs

ryby6969
09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
My god the Bengals suck on here. I am 0-3 in my dynasty and just lost the last game as I was driving for the winning FG and Bernard Scott fumbled at the 49er's 20 yard line. Scott was in because I lost Benson a series before to a Herniated Disk.(5 weeks) The bright spots so far are A.J Green and Carlos Dunlap. Green has had back-to-back 100 yard games.

jaymo76
09-30-2011, 07:26 PM
I know this question has been asked before but i couldnt find the answer. Does the glitch where the rookies from your ncaa draft class are not imported always happen or is it just sometimes when you start a franchise it happens?

It's another NCAA issue. In NCAA you are asked to save for export TWICE. If you save twice the class is ruined. You can only save the second time if you wish to export.

illwill10
09-30-2011, 11:28 PM
I blew out the Cowboys. Thanks to 5 Total Rush TDs, 4 INTs(5 TOs), and 300 combined yards for Holliday.
I face my toughest oppenent and possible next team in the 9-4 Colts. I face a Hot Peyton and Dallas Clark.

illwill10
10-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Game 14
Skins(14-0) 34 Colts(9-5) 31 OT
This my best game of the year. Colts went on a 17-7 run to start the game. They were constantly getting pressure and forcing TOs(3). Then I starting forcing pressure(only 1 sack) and getting TOs, and went on a 24-0 run to lead 31-17. They were able to get 2 TDs inside 4 mins to tie the game, one at the very end of regulation. I was able to turn a 5 yard pass to a 36 yard pass. I was able to get in FG position and win the game. What killed them was TOs(5, one for TD.). I defended 11 passes They actually out-performed my offense, beside their run game, completely locked it up. They had 2 WRs out and only 3 active. Their 4th string WR lit up my DBs for 200+ yards. They shut down my pass game, I was able to get the clutch passes off when I needed to. What really helped me was my determination in my run game. When I got down 10 early, I made sure I would not give up on my run game because I might need it late. they had 8 sacks.
Next game against 7-7 Eagles. I can care less about going 16-0. I already won the conference a couple weeks ago. I lost Kerrigan until Playoffs. I dont want to lose key players. I might sit starters final game. Stat wise it wont matter. I can have 4000+ 40 TD after this game for Kelly. My RB already has 2000+ 20+ TDs. Both McNeal and Dez has/on-pace for 1500+ 15 TD. I will sit all my starters in the final game. I cant afford a key injury. Even if my defense does horrible in last game, I am still on pace for a top-3 Defense and pass D.

illwill10
10-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Im still not sure what team I want to go to after I win the SB. Their are 6-7 teams that can end up #1 or in top 5. I dont think there is a Franchise QB in this draft. But, there is always a few WRs and a RB in a draft. I restuctured one of my 98 speed WRs I drafted a years back to a be a FA after this year because I barely used him with the arrival of Dez Bryant. Most of the teams in top 8 of draft already have good weapons. I will make my last game 5 mins because I am sitting starters.

illwill10
10-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Game 15
WASH 20 PHI 7
This was a tough fought-defensive game. My only offense TD was a late rush TD after a INT. There was 440 total yards, COMBINED by both teams. Neither offense could do anything. My QB was on a Cold Streak and failed to reach 4000 yard mark(only getting 94 yards). McNeal got hurt early. There defense had 7 sacks and 2 INTs. But there mistakes hurt them too. I completely shut them down. I shut their pass and run game to 176 yards combined. But, they had lead late in the 3rd. But, I was a to return a INT for a TD to eventually win the game. The main reason I won was Rb Holliday and defense. he had 131 total yards and a TD. I was
15-0 and I face 6-9 Rams last. I plan on sitting starters and probably simming the game after 1st quarter. I really want to pass the 4000 passing mark with Kelly. Only 90 yards a way. I will sit him after I reach the mark. I cant afford any injuries at all heading into playoffs. I lost my best WR in McNeal basically for the rest of season/playoffs. I thought it would be just for the game. a huge lost. but I do have depth.

illwill10
10-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Game 16
Skins 3 Rams 10
First lose of the season. But, I sat all starters and simmed rest of game after my Qb passed the 4000 passing mark.
Next game, bye then playoffs.

illwill10
10-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Season Stats:
QB Kelly- 4013 yards(5th), 39TDs(1st), 16 INTs(2nd), 125.1 QB Rat(1st) 53 Sacks(1st), 63% COM)(1st).
RB Holliday- 2428 yards(1st), 28 TDs(1st), and 7+ YPC(1st), 20 20+ Runs(1st).
WRs- McNeal- 50 Rec, 1256 Yards(7th, missed a lot of time), and 15 TD(T-4th), 8.4 YAC(1st). Dez Bryant- 54 REC 1275 yards(5th), and 18 TDs(1st), 8.1 YAC(2nd).

Defense
FS Bailey- 82 TAKs and 9 Pass Def, and 2 INTs
SS Landry- 72 TAKs 1 Sack,1 TFL, 1 INTs, 6 DEFL, and 4 FFs, 1 TD
Orakpo- 63 Taks, 22 TFL(1st), 6 Sacks, 1 INT
MLB Jimmerson- 52 TAks, 16 TFL, 2 sacks, 7 INTs(3rd), 3 TDs. MLB Smith- 62 Tak, 5 Sack, 16 TFL
CB Roberts- 60 Taks, 11 INTs(1st), 18 DEFL(T-1st), 3 TDs
CB Lewis- 26 Taks, 8Ints(2nd), 12 DEF
OLB Kerrigan 21 TFls and 10 SAcks
DE Pearson 12 Sacks and 20 TFL
DT CoField- 11 Sacks, and 16 TFL

1st in Total offense, 10th best Pass Yards, 1st in Rush, 1st in PPG, worst in sacks, 3rd worst in 1st down, and 11th in 3rd down %. 1st in RZ att, 14th in RZ Off %. Best TO DIff(+25)
1st in Total D, 2nd best Pass D, 9th best Rush D, best Opp PPG, 1st in sacks(73), 1st in INTs(38), T-4th best in D RZ Att, 3rd best DEF% in RZ. 47 Takeaways.

Pro Bowl candidates: QB Kelly, RB Holliday, FB Porter, Dez Bryant, OL Austin and Bennet, DE Pearson, DT Cofield, MLB Jimmerson, CBs Roberts and Lewis, FS Bailey, and K Henery.
NFL Awards: RB Holliday for MVP, OPOY, and RB. QB Kelly for Best QB. Roberts for DPOY. Holliday for Best RB. OL Austin for Best OL. Jimmerson for Best LB. DE Pearson is 4th in Best DL. Roberts for Best DB. Henery for Best Kicker(2nd). Dez Bryant for Best NFC WR. Pearson for NFC DL.

I really achieved my goals from last year.
Goal for year is deep playoffs, top 8 offense, improve defense from 32th to top 15. I want from 32nd in Def last year to 1st(worst to 1st). 11th in OFF to 1st in OFF. 2nd worst TO Diff to 1st in TO Diff

I face Cards 1st in reg season and 1st in playoffs

illwill10
10-02-2011, 07:37 PM
NFC Divsional Round
Cards 6 Skins 13
A really tough defensive game. Run games for both team "Forget about It"(Mob Voice). I think there was a combined 50 yards rushing for both teams. I completely shutdown their Run game, only 2 positive rushes. I was down 6-3 early in 4th and I caught a huge catch to tie the game up. I was able to get a 3 and out with Two mins. I was able to turn a 5 yard catch to a 40 yard catch. Then I was able to get good rushes while they were calling TOs. I was able to get a rush TD with 1 min left. They got a 1st down then I was able to get a INT to close out the game.
Next game is against Panthers in NFC Title Game. They two #1 OVR QBs in Berry and Cam, and they have Tebow. Tough game against them last time.

illwill10
10-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Conference Championship
Car 0 Wash 31
Just a dominate win to continue path to SB. My Defense is continuing its dominance. Even though it was only 5 min Q, I shut their team to 100 total yards. Their Defense wasnt able to do anything at all. 3 TOs hurted them
Superbowl against the New England Patriots in Tampa Bay. No chance at McNeal coming back though. But, my offense looked great against Panthers. Tom Bray and Gronkowski is on Cold Streaks. Both of my Nickel CBs are on Hot Streaks.

illwill10
10-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Super Bowl
Pats 0 Wash 28
I owe this Championship all to my defense. I forced 3 TOs on a cold Tom Brady that turned to 21 points. My defense gave up 6 points in the entire playoffs(5 min quarters). CB Lewis was Player of Game with 2 INTs and a TD
I still plan on leaving the team for a rebuilding team. I dont think there is a Franchise QB in this draft, and I didnt scout many players in the 1st round, so draft pick # isnt important.

illwill10
10-04-2011, 01:26 AM
I chose the Colts. Lots of Cap space, Dome, and Tons of vets.
I let alot of people go and traded for picks. I signed mainly depth. I traded Dallas Clark for a 1st.
I drafted a DE, TE, DT, WR, HB, SS, FS, MLB, QB(not my replacement, but will be depth). All positions with either alot of age or no depth/ratings. Next Year will focus on QB, OL, OLB, WR. Colts already had a good CB group.
I will sim season. Hopefully Peyton Retires.

illwill10
10-04-2011, 01:56 AM
We went 7-9 after I simmed. Redskins went 13-3 without me. I built a great team with them, good to see them stay great. They won the Super Bowl again, against Jags.

illwill10
10-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Both Peyton and Reggie Wayne retired. I have to replace them in this draft. I resigned a couple of players. I just sined Depth again in FA.
Fully scouted a A POT QB in the 3rd, 2 RT, WR, C. P. I am ready to play this season. Alot of my picks progressed well.
I didnt realized, that I only have 1 RB(A POT) and only 4 WRs, and 1 FS. Ihave to sign some depth.
I have to change up Custom Defense Playbook. I have alot of 3-4 sets, I will run a 4-3 with Colts. I created a Man Heavy 4-3 D.

illwill10
10-04-2011, 03:32 AM
The one thing I am lacking is a Deep threat. All my WRs on Wash were deep threats. Garcon is getting old. I drafted this 85 OVR WR with good WR ratings, but has 85 speed.

ThePhantom
10-05-2011, 01:51 AM
Illwill10 - I just gotta say .. PLEASE keep writing about your franchise - I absolutely love it :) ! Especially now that you moved to Indi - my team ;) !
I'm thinking of starting a new franchise up (I'm in my fourth year with the Packers now, won the SuberBowl three times, so it's getting kinda old :p) - but I can't seem to figure out what team I wanna use .. I'm thinking either Bengals, because of the youth and potential on that team - or San Diego, as they are kinda my second team :) New England is also a option - simply because of the overall quality on that team...

illwill10
10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I completely changed Colts whole team up in 2 offseasons. Most of the players either retired, on another team, or degressed heavily. Heading into this season, There is only one starter from last/IRL year which is Dwight Freeney. I am excited to see how this team turns out, especially with me using a custom playbook. I dont have the speed I had on Redskins, but atleast their OL was already good when I got their. So, I will have time for my rookie QB to make throws. He is a pocket passer(82 OVR), with a big arm and great TAS(89) and 80 TAM. His great TAS really helps since my WRs are slow. I scouted a 7th rd RB while on Skins, that I knew would be good. Defense is totally rebuilt. Drafted a FAST RE to replace Freeney, but have have as Starting LE until Freeney retires. I have 3 A POT MLBs. 1 Colts drafted, 1 I drafted, and 1 I had signed in FA that I had with Skins. Since I had holes at OLB and because my MLBs are very fast, I moved them to OLBs. So, my LB group and DL is set. Colts already had a great secondary with the addition of a couple of nickel CBs in FA, That group is set and fit my scheme. Only question is Safety. I drafted 2 fast Safeties that can hit, one is more of a cover corner at Safety. My SS is more of a 3-4 inside the box SS. He can provide the run defense and will probably lead team in Tackles, but may be a problem in pass situation. I signed Alex Henery from Skins, He was great for me their.
I have the pieces, just hope they play well in my scheme. I am turning Colts in a Philly-like West Coast offense. I might add more short routes in, since I dont have speed at WR. With Redskins, I had the weapons to be a fast paced offense that can score with 6 or less plays. I might have to turn into a 10+ offense.

jaymo76
10-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Need to get back into this game but I'm just too busy with work family right now. My goal is to win the SB this year.

gigglechris2
11-23-2011, 02:29 AM
... Just out of curiosity, what am I doing different from a lot of people. I read all over the internet people asking for help building teams or struggling to fill positions. I very rarely have trouble team building in offline franchise. I'll start my season, get through the preseason and then before the first game basically make my team. I'll go to all NFL and sort by potential (even the ? marks are sorted properly for those who don't know) and basically trade around for each position until I basically have every position filled with a starter that is young and is in the top 10 in potential for their position, and they are usually already decent. I try to grab them while they are low OVR and very young so they are easy to trade for, and then 2 years later BAM I have a star player. I'll sim the first year, do the same thing after the draft, making sure to pick up the super high potential players from the draft and trade for them easily while they are lower OVR, sim the second year and repeat again, So after I'm done and ready to start playing at year 3, I basically have a team full of VERY young players in the high 80's and up (typically have a bunch at 90-94, some 85-89, and some 95+) starting at every position, each player with a high A potential (according to the sorting in all NFL, which proves to be right 98% of the time) and then a couple top ranked (in potential) rookie players from the latest draft. Beyond that point, all I have to do is trade around at the start of every season by trading away higher OVR players for players the have lower OVR then them, but that have higher potential, are younger, or both. I can do all of this with most teams. With a team like the packers, it's easy because of all of the trade material they have to start with at most positions. However a couple teams I have trouble (namely the seahawks) but I can usually get a great team up at the very latest by the start of season 5. Then it's high rolling and great seasons plus super bowl wins for the rest of the franchise.

A thing to note is, as I am doing this, I don't always sim the first two years, I've played them with the players that while they don't start out good, get a lot better, and typically have at least decent seasons.

Anyways, the point to all of that was to basically put out there what I do. I'm not sure if I'm somehow really good at this, or I am exploiting the game or something (I don't do any edit player bull**** by the way), or what. Anyways, if anybody wants some advice on team building go ahead and give me a shout.

steelerfan
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Lol. You are exploiting the flaw with potential. It's supposed to be hidden.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

gigglechris2
11-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Huh. Wasn't aware it was a flaw. It's very poorly hidden...

jaymo76
12-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Going to try and get back into this game tonight. I have been so busy winning back to back national championships with CAL that I have neglected this game. I just wish there was more presentation depth and overall immersion. Those two things would keep me coming back for more...

illwill10
12-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Going to try and get back into this game tonight. I have been so busy winning back to back national championships with CAL that I have neglected this game. I just wish there was more presentation depth and overall immersion. Those two things would keep me coming back for more...
Exactly.
I like the gameplay on Madden more, but there really isnt anything that makes me want to play. With NCAA, recruiting has brought me back to playing it(after I played other games that came out). If the whole draft/scouting process alone was more fun, I could see myself playing MAdden more. In Madden, it is hoping you scout the RIGHT player rather than putting the time in weekly. Madden(NCAA too) needs to involve the rest of the league in Franchise league. I want to hear what is going on in league besides just standings. I want to see more stat overlays, Playoff scenarios, coaching hotseats, current season, matchups.

jaymo76
12-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Finally played again.

Game 2: Oakland (me) 31 vs KC Chiefs 14
** a real defensive struggle though teh score doesn't reflect it. My #3 overall pick DT HARDAWAY had FIVE AND A HALF SACKS and TEN TACKLES. However, since the player of the game feature is broken it went to Routt who had a pick six and zero tackles :( After playing this game I go to 2-0 on the season. I do have some concerns with my passing though as now Murphy and Ford are out at WR with injuries. This kid I drafted (Sharp) couldn't catch a ball if he had ten fingers on it.

Game 3: Oakland at Pittsburgh
** I felt good going into this game. I shouldn't have... the final 31-0 for PITTSBURGH. I have never been shut out on the PS3 versions of Madden. I am still shocked. I threw five picks and was absolutely dominated. PITTSBURGH had NINE defensive players on hot streaks. This was one ugly game. However, licking my wounds I need to now travel to Denver to take on Tim and the Broncos D *(they are 0-4 this season).

jaymo76
12-18-2011, 03:56 PM
After that Pittsburgh attrocity I have followed it up by losing in ugly, ugly fashion to the Broncos. I was 2-2 at that point and then I lost Huff (SS) and Devine (HB) for most of the season. After changing up my gameplanning I came up with a winning combo of pass early and run late. I have now won 6 games in a row and at 8-2, first in the AFC West and second only to Pittsburgh 9-1 in the NFL. However, the inury bug has bit me. Moore (HB) is out for five weeks. I bring in Forsett (HB)and boom three plays and gone for the season. Then, I bring in Slaton (HB) and he is gone for five weeks so I IR him. I have now picked up Westbrook (HB) AND I REALLY HOPE HE CAN LAST THE SEASON. Last game against the Pats I lost McFADDEN and Slaton in the first quarter and had to use my two FB's the entire game.

Right now though, the big story... Houston (RE) and Hardaway (DT and #3 overall pick) have 15 sacks each!!! My DL has destroyed opposing QB's. So far they have ended the season for Carson Palmer *still with Cincy*, Brady, Freeman, the SD backup, the KC backup, and the KC third stringer. They are the best DL I have ever played with in any football game ever!!!

jaymo76
12-20-2011, 05:50 PM
After a big win at KC I am now sitting at 12-2 with a TEN GAME WINNING STREAK. I just wrapped up the division and am in 2nd in the conference behind Pittsburgh. That big loss early in the year may hurt me in the playoffs. I have Denver and Cleveland left to wrap up the season. I am tempted to rest my starters... BUT... McFadden is close to the 2000 mark and in the running for Offensive MVP and several of my players are up for awards and/or leading in pro bowl votes.

Picking up Westbrook has been huge. The guy still has it... over 160 yards rushing in two games... impressive! My team is pretty healthy again... let's hope it can stay that way.

jaymo76
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
A last second FG in Cleveland gave me a 23-21 win and clinched the AFC crown as Pittsburgh blew it in their last two games. I finish the season with a 14-2 mark... a Madden best for me since Madden 09. I have homefiled throughout the playoffs. However... THE LAST SERIES OF PLAYS I WAS GOING TO PLAY MCFADDEN.... boom... broken sternum and done for the season.

Now I will be facing a good KC team that has given me trouble all year. Yes I beat them twice but McFadden was the main reason. I picked up Leon Washington to help fill the void. We will see what happens...

kindella2
12-27-2011, 10:35 AM
I am really enjoying reading this. Makes me wanna jump on the sticks and play my franchise.

jaymo76
12-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Haven't written in a few days but I made it all the way. In the wild cards I plated KC and pulled out a super tough 16-6 victory. I sealed the win with a pick six in the fourth Q. In the conference final I had my rematch with Pittsburgh... I was all over Rothlisberger and in the end I pulled out a 24-17 victory. I was up 10-0 at the half but Pittsburgh ran out of downs at my 32 yard line... So I am off to the superbowl.

My Raiders travel to New Orleans to take on the... wait for it.... Rams... yup the Rams. They were the #1 seed in the NFC and beat PHILLY AND ATL to get to the big game. So we have a battle of the former L.A. teams. I figured this would be a tough game... BUT... the Super Bowl reverted back to it's olf title... the SUPER BORE!!! :( To make a long story short, my Raiders won 66-7! At the half I was up 45-0. Heck after the first quarter I was up 28-0. The entire game the Rams mustered up 120+ yards. My offensive production topped 662 yards. My MVP (RB, Moore) had 261 yards on 29 carries and THREE TD's. He was my third stringer but McFadden and Devine were both out for the season. This victory is my largest ever victory in the madden series. It was complete domination.

Before the game I already decided to let Jason Cambpell go. My first priority in the draft will be at QB.

jaymo76
12-27-2011, 02:10 PM
You know, in all honesty, Madden is a very solid game. It's just unfortunate that the commentary is awful, and that their is no real immersion. I will say however thoiugh that the Super Bowl ceremony is pretty sweet.

jaymo76
12-27-2011, 02:50 PM
So I decided to let pretty much all of my free agents go (I didn't have a lot). Also, I chose not to bring in any free agents as the prices were too high for the quailty and age. I used my draft picks to bolster my roster. This strategy has also really helped with my cap issues. For my first round pick I took a QB. He comes in at 71 but his potential is an A. Depending on the preseason I might make him the starter as I am not sold on Pryor. Actually I took three QB's in the draft this year. I also hit the jackpot with my strong safety in the fifth round.

Heading into the preseason my team looks good. The only areas of concern are QB's and WR's as there is not a lot of depth/experience. Also, I am going to move around some of my players. I have THREE A POTENTIAL MLB's... I will move two to the outside to spread around the overall depth.

jaymo76
03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
I haven't played this game in a long time but I will probably try to get another season in in the next month or two. Anyone still playing?

jaymo76
04-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Finally got around to playing Madden again... after all of this talk about Madden lately I just felt the need. As I was playing a pre-season match versus Washington I thought to myself that this game just plays better, especially the passing. Now if 13 can bring back the immersion... and I think maybe they can... the next Madden may be a "great" offering.