PDA

View Full Version : Week 9, 2011

Oneback
08-20-2011, 01:30 PM
=============== Colorado State Rams (4-2) ===============
Last week, Colorado State lost 35-31 against Marshall (5-2).
This week, the Rams will host Missouri (3-4).

=============== Troy Trojans (3-3) ===============
Last week, Troy won 23-20 against UL Monroe (2-3).
This week, the Trojans will host Ohio (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Troy targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Richard Pino has committed to Kentucky

=============== Marshall Thundering Herd (5-2) ===============
Last week, Marshall won 35-31 against Colorado State (4-2).
This week, the Thundering Herd are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Marshall targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) P Brandon Henderson has committed to Marshall
- (**) K Jonathan Palmer has committed to Marshall

=============== Iowa State Cyclones (7-0) ===============
Last week, Iowa State won 38-31 against Minnesota (3-3).
This week, the Cyclones will host #10 Texas A&M (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Iowa State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Jeremy Malloy has committed to Iowa State

=============== Duke Blue Devils (4-2) ===============
Last week the Blue Devils were idle.
This week, the Blue Devils will host Wake Forest (0-6).
In recruiting news, the following Duke targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Jason Hill has committed to Duke

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-6) ===============
Last week, Wake Forest lost 38-10 against Colorado (2-4).
This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) QB Preston Hill has committed to LSU
- (***) P Matt Walker has committed to Texas

=============== Colorado Buffaloes (2-4) ===============
Last week, Colorado won 38-10 against Wake Forest (0-6).
This week, the Buffaloes will host #11 Tulsa (5-1).
In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Cedric Barnett has committed to Colorado
- (***) CB Alex Neal has committed to Colorado

=============== Kansas Jayhawks (5-1) ===============
Last week, Kansas won 17-15 against Oklahoma (4-2).
This week, the Jayhawks travel to Manhattan to face the Kansas State Wildcats (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Kansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Mike Jackson has committed to Kansas
- (***) MLB Brian Haynes has committed to Kansas
- (****) LOLB Jesse Smith has committed to Georgia

=============== Vanderbilt Commodores (4-4) ===============
Last week, Vanderbilt lost 82-48 against Georgia (6-1).
This week, the Commodores are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Vanderbilt targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Robert Luke has committed to Houston
- (****) QB Preston Hill has committed to LSU
- (***) QB Clinton Stokes has committed to Vanderbilt

=============== Indiana Hoosiers (5-1) ===============
Last week, Indiana lost 28-25 against Miami University (6-0).
This week, the Hoosiers will host Minnesota (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following Indiana targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Erik Mills has committed to Indiana
- (***) LT John Ingram has committed to Illinois

=============== Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-3) ===============
Last week, Minnesota lost 38-31 against Iowa State (7-0).
This week, the Golden Gophers travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (5-1).
In recruiting news, the following Minnesota targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB J Alexander has committed to Minnesota

=============== #21 Miami University RedHawks (6-0) ===============
Last week, Miami University won 28-25 against Indiana (5-1).
This week, the RedHawks travel to Toledo to face the Toledo Rockets (3-4).

Papa LoneStar
08-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Tommorrow will be great for me, Escobar....I'm going out to my Dad's house. Holla at me.... FOUR 69879058 ZERO

skipwondah33
08-21-2011, 01:36 PM
The mystical CPU tried to give the game to K-State. They would take a legit 14-0 lead initially. Kansas would answer though with 38-yd pass....but it would be called back due to holding which was the first of 4 on the day with the same exact result. K-State would to go to kick a FG, 17-0. QB Webb would throw a pick on the next drive, but K-State would throw a pick as well that would be returned 99 yards for the score, 17-7.

The Wildcats would try to answer but were forced to punt. Kansas QB Webb would be sacked at the 3-yd line. On the next play though he would find Patterson behind the D who took it in for six......bit wait holding call on Kansas!. It would be a safety lol, 19-7. K-state would attempt a FG but miss. Kansas would look to capitalize with a 42-yd pass inside the 20....but wait another holding call wipes out the play again lol. That would lead to a punt.

The Jayhawk D forced a punt of their own though and this time the offense would get into the endzone with a 5-yd pass, 19-14. K-State would again drive down field but miss the 42-yd attempt. Kansas would go 3 and out but pin the Wildcats into the 5-yd line. It took all of three plays when K-State's QB turned into Jerome Bettis and bulled over 4 Jayhawk defenders. He looked like a fool doing the truck animation with no one around which must have threw off the defenders. That run would go 88-yards for six, 26-14.

The Jayhawks would need to get into the endzone quickly with time running out. Fortunately just that would happen after Webb hit Brashears on a 32-yd pass, 24-21. K-State would have to punt after a few plays. The Jayhawks would try moving downfield after a 36-yd pass but it would be wiped out but you guess it a holding call. That would force a punt with just 2 minutes left. K-state would burn clock moving just past their 50. Eventually their drive ended with a punt. 57 seconds remained Kansas with no TO's. Webb would get the team down to the 30-yd. With 30 seconds left he would find Patterson wide open for the score and lead with 24 seconds left. That would seal the game, 26-24

gschwendt
08-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I beat Texas A&M 37-20 only to get the Transfer Failed error :mad:

skipwondah33
08-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Damn please tell me mine took. My connection dropped after I exited the game and it said failed upload please connect again. I didn't pay any attnetion again.

gschwendt
08-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Damn please tell me mine took. My connection dropped after I exited the game and it said failed upload please connect again. I didn't pay any attnetion again.Yeah... yours appears fine. You can also be sure that it uploaded by hitting :ps3tri: on the Play Game option from the menu. If it gives you the Summary, you're good. If you gives you the Preview, it didn't save.

Papa LoneStar
08-21-2011, 04:00 PM
:Indiana:

The Hoosiers take down the Minnesota Gophers 55-31 in Bloomington, IN. Junior RB Darius Willis exploded for a 39 carry 285 yard and 3 TD day. Sophomore QB Edward Baker put in a solid perfomance...8-15 159 yards 2 TD 1 INT and 3 carries for 62 yards and a score. Senior DE Darius Johnson dominated with 6 tackles (4 TFL) and 3 sacks. The Hoosiers D got shredded, but held up in the redzone (2 trips....1 FG) and 4 turnovers. Next week....Indiana takes on undefeated Iowa State in a game that will likely decide the MAC West division title....1pm eastern on ESPNU.

gschwendt
08-21-2011, 05:54 PM
No matter how many times you try it Ryby, it won't go through. Oneback will have to throw out your results and you can replay it.

ryby6969
08-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I was just coming to post that! lol This is getting rediculous. Before, it was just user vs user games. Now we cannot even get cpu to work right.

skipwondah33
08-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah my last two games I've lost connectivity by the end of the game somehow. G said it looked like my game counted but I'm going to get on and check later

Oneback
08-21-2011, 08:33 PM
g I just threw out your game results.

fsuprime
08-22-2011, 10:48 AM
wake when do u want to play?

Kingpin32
08-22-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm free tomorrow afternoon. I been getting settled into my apartment at school.

ryby6969
08-22-2011, 05:45 PM
g I just threw out your game results.

OB, could you throw mine out also?

gschwendt
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
For full disclosure, since I won the first game, unless you tell me otherwise, I plan to quit early any game that I end up losing.

fsuprime
08-22-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm free tomorrow afternoon. I been getting settled into my apartment at school.sounds good

Oneback
08-22-2011, 10:57 PM

I'll get that done tonight.

Oneback
08-23-2011, 12:07 PM

I just threw out your game results.

gschwendt
08-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Iowa State wins the rematch against Texas A&M 27-13 (and the results saved). It was a back and forth field goal competition up until the fourth quarter when Iowa State HB Jeff Woody put the first touchdown of the game on the scoreboard to go up 20-6. After that, each team added an additional touchdown with ISU HB Shontrelle Johnson putting the nail in the coffin with 1:25 left in the game. Neither team played an exceptional game on offense but the defenses were stifling on both sides.

With the win, The Cyclones remain undefeated on the season with division foe Indiana traveling to Ames next week. Indiana is the only team standing in the way of a perfect regular season save for the Michigan triplets.

psusnoop
08-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Way to get that W again G. :D:D

I didn't log in last night but who remains? I know Ryby, Prime, and Kingpin32 but is there anyone else?

Kingpin32
08-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Prime, I'm free for most of the rest of the afternoon.

ryby6969
08-23-2011, 04:47 PM
I will be getting my game in later.

ryby6969
08-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Well, I played and won 52-14 or something like that and had huge game with my defense. Go to upload, and get transfer failed again! WTF. I will not be replaying it again and if I lose the sim it might be the final straw for this game. It is a chore to play and either hope you can finish the game vs a user, or if it will upload against the cpu. Not much fun anymore.

skipwondah33
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Damn sucks to hear that keep happening Ryby. Definitely understand your frustration, just was telling OB that

ryby6969
08-23-2011, 07:47 PM
I will give it until the patch(maybe), but if it is still messed up I am done. It is just frustrating because I really like the way the game plays for the most part. There are a few things here and there that are annoying, but overall it is fun to play.(until you try to upload the damn game)

skipwondah33
08-24-2011, 09:21 AM
If that happens to me I'm going ape shit lol. I cannot stand replaying games entirely over, especially when they are in the middle or later parts of the game. Thats why I still prefer the leaguedaddy method. Game disco's, replay the amount of time that was left.

fsuprime
08-25-2011, 08:15 AM
scheduled to play around 1pm kingpin time.

Kingpin32
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Prime was up 21-0, and we got disconnected in the second quarter. I don't know if we're gonna try to replay it or not though.

fsuprime
08-25-2011, 01:15 PM
i say sim it, i dont have the patience to deal with EA argg....

Kingpin32
08-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm ok with simming it. This is really screwing up our dynasty though.

skipwondah33
08-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Damn have you been able to get a user game in yet Prime?

Fellas its not looking good right now

ryby6969
08-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I am almost to the point of being willing to put it on hold until at least the patch.

fsuprime
08-25-2011, 05:42 PM
ive played 2 good ones in sbcol vs g and psuevx ;/

JeffHCross
08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Damn have you been able to get a user game in yet Prime?

ive played 2 good ones in sbcol vs g and psuevx ;/
For me, as a tech geek, this is worst part. If I'm playing an MMO and I'm on a crappy connection, I can do a simple ping test to the MMO's server and know if the problem is on my end, based on the results. Since NCAA uses a P2P method with connections between the players and the EA servers, there's no easy way (that I know of) to determine whose "fault" the problem is.

skipwondah33
08-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah but this doesn't happen nearly as often in any other game I play. I've already had just as many discos in NCAA than I had half the year in Madden.

fsuprime
08-27-2011, 10:08 AM
For me, as a tech geek, this is worst part. If I'm playing an MMO and I'm on a crappy connection, I can do a simple ping test to the MMO's server and know if the problem is on my end, based on the results. Since NCAA uses a P2P method with connections between the players and the EA servers, there's no easy way (that I know of) to determine whose "fault" the problem is.

considering almost every other game I play on the internet whether p2p or through a dedicated server acts fine 99% of the time, I feel confident this is an EA problem either in hardware or software.