PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 12 Impressions - Retail

Pages : [1] 2

JBHuskers
08-19-2011, 08:16 AM
This thread will be for impressions once the embargo is lifted a week from today, August 26th.

Until then we cannot say that much at all, but I did get clearance on one thing. I must say that the preseason means something now with the expanded rosters and cutting down as you progress in the preseason. For the first time ever in Franchise, I'm playing the preseason.

I don't have the demo to compare it to as I never did get to play it, but I'm really liking what I have seen so far.

I'll just keep this thread locked for the time being, but if there are other generic things that we get clearance to talk about until next Friday, we can post them in here.

JBHuskers
08-24-2011, 11:06 AM
I'll open this thread back up on Friday once the Season Ticket drops and we're all able to talk about the game then too.

xMrHitStickx904
08-26-2011, 02:01 AM
I have it early too, i'll post some impressions

ThaShark316
08-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Can someone run down those custom playbooks? Nothing TOO bold, how many formations we can use..

(oh..and if they F'N WORK!!! haha)

I OU a Beatn
08-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Starting at noon I'll be taking *SOME* media requests if anyone has any. Obviously I probably wont be able to fulfill them all, but I'll do my best.

I OU a Beatn
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
:D @ everyone trying to use the Eagles online.

JBHuskers
08-26-2011, 02:03 PM

That totally shocks me.

/sarcasm

skipwondah33
08-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Didnt you say you were going to play with them? :D

I OU a Beatn
08-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I probably will once I get ticked off enough. I played one online game and won, but wow, it was laggy as hell. Hopefully that was just a one time thing.

ram29jackson
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Vick lost the cover vote..but he still wins in the hearts of cheesing Maddenites LOL

ram29jackson
08-26-2011, 09:07 PM
why the heck is the strategy pad still there? I dont care that you can get rid of it for play now. Its online that matters..why was adding too many steps a good idea and to whom ?

Paakaa10
08-26-2011, 09:48 PM
why the heck is the strategy pad still there? I dont care that you can get rid of it for play now. Its online that matters..why was adding too many steps a good idea and to whom ?

I haven't played any games online yet, but I'm pretty sure that the Strategy Pad can be removed for online just as it is in Play Now.

skipwondah33
08-26-2011, 11:30 PM
I've played online and yes you can remove strategy just like you could last year.

You have to change your profile's game options the save your profile

skipwondah33
08-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Note: These opinions are based on online play against my league members only. I don't play CPU. Difficulty All-Madden

I've enjoyed the thus far. The run game is a thing of beauty when executed properly. Holes open, the animations are nice and heavier/high truck rated guys tend to fall over and out of tackles properly.

The deep ball seems a tad bit easy. That is likely because I am getting acclimated with the game, camera etc. It can be taken away I'm sure with user control but even I dont click in the DB's don't really fight for the ball.

I can't generate much of a pass rush at all. Seems like the opposing QB has all day to throw regardless of the blitz I send. I play with the Steelers so I would think I could get a decent rush. Again this is likely due to not finding the right blitz combos and getting adjusted to the game. It will probably change after more reps in the game.

One of friends would frequently use pump fakes when no one was open because he had all the time in the world to. Atleast one of my defenders would bite on it even though he was in perfect coverage.

I'll post up more later. Love the game thus far

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 12:54 PM
1. Shake Blitz still in the game and it's more effective than it was last year. It's immediate pressure this year. I had a really hard time with it, BUT...I was using the Rams. He was also in bump and run and all my receivers have really low ratings when it comes to beating press coverage, so that might be why it was so effective. Time will tell.

2. Lineman stand up glitch is still in even though several people said it was eliminated. I also heard people say the Analog Blitz is gone, but they apparently just don't know how to do it, because it's definitely still there.

3. I HATE the matchmaking/rank system. If you go into the lobby and invite someone to a ranked game, the stats count but you don't get any skill points for your level. If you want points, you have to go into a random matchmaking game where you don't have a chance to check out a player's record/stats. I do NOT like that at all.

4. Custom playbooks are useless. You can't change your audibles when you are using a custom playbook, and the formations are all messed up. I have singleback formations on 3 different pages in my playbook. It's so stupid and makes finding plays during the game a huge pain in the ass.

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 01:30 PM
SG Tight Doubles On is just a flat out nasty formation.

xMrHitStickx904
08-27-2011, 02:26 PM
SG Tight Doubles On is just a flat out nasty formation.

This x 1000.

xMrHitStickx904
08-27-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm impressed actually, played a few games last night. The deep ball has returned in a huge way, if you can pass, you can win a lot of games. It's tough to run the ball though. Laterally, Vick, Newton, T.Pryor etc can be caught by LB's and DE's (Fast Ones) behind the LOS, but have them running vertically, it's dangerous. Overall, I really like it, the stick work is very good, Specs are good, rockets can be done, but not over - effective IMO. Sucks I can't play the early-release guys tho, don't really care about the game speed too much. The team i'm playing with the most right now is Carolina.

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 02:51 PM
It's alright, but it's entirely too easy to move the ball. I'm lighting people up like I've been playing it every day for 3 months and I'm only about 5 hours in. I've got a little surprise for my next shake blitzer though.

skipwondah33
08-27-2011, 03:30 PM
In regards to my early impressions.

I've been able to get legit pass rush. Not glitching or any other way that's out there. Just stock blitzes without Amy changes. Before I was making changes to my Dlineman's assignments and probably messing up the blitzes.

Getting much better at user control now. It's great to see that you can't stop on a dime and reverse field. Movement actually real.

In comparisons to NCAA offenses are much harder to stop in Madden. In NCAA it's rather easy because the AI in zone is everywhere.

More later

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Why does Matt Ryan have to have such a long ass release? If it weren't for his slow ass throwing motion, Atlanta would be a damn perfect team for the offense I want to run.

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Maybe I'm retarded, but I can't figure something out with custom playbooks. I want to delete a formation, but on some formations it'll say:

"Can not be removed because it is the last play in the following situations(s).

Play Action

To remove it you must first add another play to the situation(s)."

I don't understand it. There is no Play Action Situation that I can see. Anyone know?

morsdraconis
08-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Is it restricting what plays you can remove based on whether or not it's a run/short pass/play action/deep pass or some shit?

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 07:20 PM
I have no idea, man. I'm baffled. I deleted every single play in my playbook so I could add everything fresh. I then went into Game plan and removed all the plays from that and added a play from goal line so that it wouldn't mess me up. The only thing left is a play called PA Panther In under IFORM and it wont let me remove it because it says it's the last play for play action situation. There is no play action situation under game plan! It's so frustrating. :D

steelerfan
08-27-2011, 07:39 PM
I wonder if that is related to calling plays by play type. I know you can select plays in the playcalling screens under pass as "Quick Passes", "Shotgun Passes", "Screen Passes" etc. I'm 99% sure "Play Action Passes" is also an option.

I haven't messed with Custom Playbooks at all, so I'm not sure if I'm even in the ballpark with what you're talking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah, it's for the game plan you're talking about. However, it has situations like 4th and long, 3rd and medium, etc...It says I'm missing a play for "play action," which doesn't exist on the screen. Say for example it's 3rd and 12. You select quick pass. It'll give you a quick pass you have set for 3rd and long. So there should be a section for play action somewhere, but I'm not seeing it.

skipwondah33
08-27-2011, 09:04 PM
IOU when you go into custom playbooks there is two ways to build the playbook. Either via a gameplan which sounds like you were in or build by formation which shows you your formations. If you hit R1 or whichever it is on Xbox it will take you to the area you want where you can add/remove whichever formation.

Of course if you haven't figures this out already

JBHuskers
08-27-2011, 09:09 PM
I haven't been on in a couple days....has the roster updated to where Steve Smith is an Eagle?

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 09:17 PM
IOU when you go into custom playbooks there is two ways to build the playbook. Either via a gameplan which sounds like you were in or build by formation which shows you your formations. If you hit R1 or whichever it is on Xbox it will take you to the area you want where you can add/remove whichever formation.

Of course if you haven't figures this out already

Yep, figured that out. You actually have to use both. If you try to remove a play that happens to be the last play in one of the gameplan situations, it wont allow you. So, what I do is just go to gameplan and in all the situations, I add a goal line play(because you can't edit goal line plays anyway). It works for everything except ONE play which is always a play action play. I've tried it with several different base playbooks and it only ever occurs with some play action play. I'm pretty confident it's glitched.

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2011, 09:17 PM
I haven't been on in a couple days....has the roster updated to where Steve Smith is an Eagle?

Yes.

CLW
08-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Is this game going to be worth it to a guy who will rarely (if ever) play online. In other words, will there be sliders out there to make the CPU competitive + the additions to offline franchise will I make it more than 1 year before becoming bored with it?

JBHuskers
08-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes.

Thanks!

Rudy
08-28-2011, 04:58 AM
Is this game going to be worth it to a guy who will rarely (if ever) play online. In other words, will there be sliders out there to make the CPU competitive + the additions to offline franchise will I make it more than 1 year before becoming bored with it?

The franchise mode has been given some love. Pastapadre wrote up a nice report here: http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/26/madden-nfl-12-franchise-mode-impressions. The scouting and FA system look fun although both Pasta and the OS write-up on franchise mode complained about the menus and lack of help/instruction.

I don't think it will be a problem to make the cpu competitive with sliders. You never know but most people with the game early have been loving the game so far. I personally think the addition of player traits is huge. It will give the game great personality that we didn't see in Madden in the past.

Rudy
08-28-2011, 05:33 AM
The embargo is lifted right? Where are some good impressions from the game changers? Don't most of you have a retail copy?

CLW
08-28-2011, 10:17 AM
The franchise mode has been given some love. Pastapadre wrote up a nice report here: http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/26/madden-nfl-12-franchise-mode-impressions. The scouting and FA system look fun although both Pasta and the OS write-up on franchise mode complained about the menus and lack of help/instruction.

I don't think it will be a problem to make the cpu competitive with sliders. You never know but most people with the game early have been loving the game so far. I personally think the addition of player traits is huge. It will give the game great personality that we didn't see in Madden in the past.

The OS review is pretty negative (at least by OS standards) which scares the bejesus out of me. Pasta (who is also usually very positive) had some reservations as well. I usually find myself being more critical than either of those sites and with online franchise receiving no attention I can literally only see myself playing offline franchise as I RARELY venture into the East Room and I just cannot see myself getting involved in EA's new "revolutionary" ladder system at a community site.

I'm on the fence and I need to decide ASAP. Thankfully, all that is on the line is my free Amazon credits that I get from time to time by completing surveys about products. That being said I would still rather keep that $60 in credit and use it for a gaming head set or a decent set of speakers to go with my computer monitor.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I enjoy it. I thought the OS review was laughable.

JeffHCross
08-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Don't most of you have a retail copy?I'm pretty sure all the Game Changers have retail copies.

Pasta (who is also usually very positive) had some reservations as welNot lately. If he is concerned about something, he'll get on his soapbox and rail about it forever. He won't be out-and-out negative, but will bring up just enough things that concern him. It makes reading his impressions ... an adventure, for lack of a better term. Personally, I enjoy reading his perspective, but sometimes its hard to tell whether or not he actually likes a product/idea/decision.

Paakaa10
08-28-2011, 10:47 AM
The embargo is lifted right? Where are some good impressions from the game changers? Don't most of you have a retail copy?

I have a retail copy, yes. I haven't had as much time as I would like to play it, nor have I gone into enough depth across multiple modes yet to feel like I can speak comprehensively to the product. I'll put together some basic impressions, however.

xMrHitStickx904
08-28-2011, 11:49 AM
can't set audibles in custom playbooks, which means it's 100% dead to me. Btw, the deep ball is back in a big way.

rhombic21
08-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Pass defense is pretty horrible. Zones are much less effective than NCAA, but so is man to man. You can get away with so many bad passes/reads on this game that you can't get away with on NCAA. And pass blocking isn't any less ridiculous. Still have the same bullshit where 90% of the stock zone blitzes on the game don't generate any pressure, so you have to do ridiculous garbage to get to the QB.

Rudy
08-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Pass defense is pretty horrible. Zones are much less effective than NCAA, but so is man to man. You can get away with so many bad passes/reads on this game that you can't get away with on NCAA. And pass blocking isn't any less ridiculous. Still have the same bullshit where 90% of the stock zone blitzes on the game don't generate any pressure, so you have to do ridiculous garbage to get to the QB.

Well I'm glad passing will be easier. I need some help.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Well I'm glad passing will be easier. I need some help.

It's a huge problem online. If they don't throw a pick, they're scoring a TD. Defense is putrid.

Rudy
08-28-2011, 01:49 PM
It's a huge problem online. If they don't throw a pick, they're scoring a TD. Defense is putrid.

It's that bad? I was actually thinking of trying a few online games with the community stuff.

There is a day 1 patch scheduled but I have no idea what it addresses.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 01:57 PM
It's pretty horrendous. There's tons of openings in zone coverage and then man isn't that great, either. I could work with that IF the pass rush was better, but the pass rush is just as bad. You almost have to sell out to even get any pressure. My average score after 4 games is like 35-26 and most of those games are only 3 quarters. It's ridiculous how bad the defense is. You have people lighting it up like they've been playing for a month and in reality, they've only had it for a day.

Paakaa10
08-28-2011, 02:44 PM
For anyone who cares to read some lengthy initial impressions, I have posted mine here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3481-Paakaa10-s-Madden-NFL-12-Impressions

skipwondah33
08-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I've been able to play good pass defense surprisingly with the Steelers considering that is their weakness when spread out. This may be a combination with me manually taking away the main portion of the middle where traffic goes or the fact that ive only played on All-Madden. There have been games where I've been beat badly through the air, but a few factors go into that

1. My league friend has a very effective pass game
2. I was testing out a variety of different blitzes that are new to the game and wasn't worries about coverage
3. I missed several picks I should had manually made or just sabotage my defense's coverage by not playing my assignment.

Giving up the deep ball quite a bit due to the Steelers secondary having no speed but I can fix that.

I do agree that zones aren't as tight as NCAA which is surprising that college players can play zone better than NFL players and defenses. Another reason is in NCAA players can effectively play a 10-15 foot radius around and above them. They will either quickly move at the last minute to bat a ball down or put their hand in the air because of the piss poor trajectory.

When I've played with man teams such as the Raiders or Ravens I've been able to play very solid man coverage.

rhombic21
08-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I just see a lot of bad coverage, both in the underneath zones and in the deep zones. The deep zones seem a lot less aggressive to take things away than NCAA, so a lot of things that would get absolutely shutdown are still open on Madden. Honestly, the zones on Madden feel a lot closer to what we had for Madden '11 than to this year's NCAA zones.

Second, the pass rush is just bad. You cannot execute most of the zone blitz schemes that teams use in real life, both because the coverage doesn't work like it should and because the OL is able to pick everything up. And with a 4 man rush, you just don't generate that much pressure, even with an elite pass rusher.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Just found a play that is a 30 yard gain every single time it's ran against zone. Lovely.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Second, the pass rush is just bad. You cannot execute most of the zone blitz schemes that teams use in real life, both because the coverage doesn't work like it should and because the OL is able to pick everything up. And with a 4 man rush, you just don't generate that much pressure, even with an elite pass rusher.

Which is incredibly lame because if you play against the CPU, it's able to get all kinds of pressure.

Paakaa10
08-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Just found a play that is a 30 yard gain every single time it's ran against zone. Lovely.

PM me the play and it will be passed along immediately.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 03:56 PM
It's not a particular play. I can do it with just about any passing play on the game.

Paakaa10
08-28-2011, 03:58 PM
It's not a particular play. I can do it with just about any passing play on the game.

Can you describe what you do in a PM? If we can pass it along, it might be able to get addressed.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Yep, sent it.

Paakaa10
08-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Yep, sent it.

Great! Thanks man, I'll get that going where it needs to ASAP.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 06:42 PM
My offense is just abysmal. I hate all the team playbooks and I can't use custom playbooks because they're fucked up, so I'm fucked.

rhombic21
08-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Seriously? Offense isn't hard at all, man. Figure out how to block up the nanos that people send, don't throw picks in the redzone, and you're golden.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 08:04 PM
It's got nothing to do with that. I'm not even playing people running nanos. I had one guy do the shake blitz, but that was in my second game. I just want to run a legitimate offense without running the same plays over and over. The fact that 90% of the playbooks and the plays in them are the same damn thing and only so many of them work makes it extremely boring.

I guess I used incorrect terminology. My offense isn't bad, I'm just bored because I can't find a playbook I like and the custom playbooks are fucked up. New England's interests me a bit. Houston's interests me a bit. Carolina's interests me a bit. That's about it. They all have flaws in them that I don't want to use them. I wish I had my custom book in NCAA for Madden, that's for sure.

bdoughty
08-28-2011, 08:46 PM
For anyone who cares to read some lengthy initial impressions, I have posted mine here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3481-Paakaa10-s-Madden-NFL-12-Impressions

I enjoyed your writeup. I did get a chuckle at the LB Jumping being toned down. I had just watched highlights of Bradford against KC before reading it.

Forward video to 1:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpmLG5T2i4E&t=1m

:))

skipwondah33
08-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Seriously? Offense isn't hard at all, man. Figure out how to block up the nanos that people send, don't throw picks in the redzone, and you're golden.

Rhombic you play on All-Madden or ranked All-Pro games?

rhombic21
08-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Online is All-Pro.

I OU a Beatn
08-28-2011, 09:39 PM
My problem is that I want to run something that resembles a spread offense with a large variety of plays when I'm finding hard to do. The shotgun running game is just putrid and I can't find a playbook that has a nice mix of the plays that I want. New England is about as close as it gets and even it is missing plays/formations that I want.

rhombic21
08-28-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't watch that much NFL, but are there really that many teams with the personnel to run that kind of offense? Maybe Green Bay, but who else?

JeffHCross
08-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't watch that much NFL, but are there really that many teams with the personnel to run that kind of offense? Maybe Green Bay, but who else?When they have their All-Pro quarterback (rather than Curtis Painter), isn't Indianapolis just a spread offense?

morsdraconis
08-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Colts, NE, SD, Washington, Houston, etc.

There are PLENTY of teams that could take advantage of spreading teams out and hitting them with quick hitters, option routes, and flooding zones.

JeffHCross
08-28-2011, 10:23 PM
WashingtonErm .... really? They have better personnel this year, yes, particularly at wide receiver -- but I wouldn't throw them in a spread offense just yet. They're built for the Shanahan offense.

rhombic21
08-28-2011, 10:39 PM
When they have their All-Pro quarterback (rather than Curtis Painter), isn't Indianapolis just a spread offense?

Indy mostly bases out of a 3 WR 1 TE set. We can debate whether that truly qualifies as "spread." But more importantly, they operate extensively from under center, and their offense doesn't really resemble the kind of offense that I'm assuming IOU wants to run.

morsdraconis
08-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Erm .... really? They have better personnel this year, yes, particularly at wide receiver -- but I wouldn't throw them in a spread offense just yet. They're built for the Shanahan offense.

In the game they are. They have like 6 or 7 guys with 90+ speed.

Rudy
08-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Nice write-up Pakaa.

I'm reading on OS that the cpu will make a big effort to get their better WRs the ball. They will target Fitz, Miami will target Brandon Marshall, etc. I never saw that in NCAA. Not sure if the coding is different for QB decision making. I'll be able to test this for myself tomorrow.

skipwondah33
08-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Online is All-Pro.

When i play online I don't play ranked games, only unranked All-Madden.

Try it and see if that's what your still experiencing. Of course if guys are running exploits then it may not matter

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Indy mostly bases out of a 3 WR 1 TE set. We can debate whether that truly qualifies as "spread." But more importantly, they operate extensively from under center, and their offense doesn't really resemble the kind of offense that I'm assuming IOU wants to run.

Yeah, exactly. The Eagles are about the only team in the game that could run the offense that I want. Maybe the Pats. It's a moot point anyway because the plays that I want just don't exist. I can't base a large percentage of my offense out of shotgun with the shotgun running game being so poor. I'm basically negated to throwing from shotgun and then running from under center, which is obviously easy to pick up on and then easy to defend.

Sinister
08-29-2011, 09:15 AM
i'm not understanding the disconnect with the running game from shotgun all your doing is pulling the qb back .

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Rhombic, what routes are you running against press man coverage?

rhombic21
08-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Honestly, I don't think the SG running game is that bad, but you have to treat it like a finesse game rather than a power game, since you don't have a QB run threat. Draws don't work as well on Madden, but some of the off tackle and quick base plays can go for good yards.

JBHuskers
08-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Problem is people are probably hammering the sprint trigger right off the handoff...

rhombic21
08-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Rhombic, what routes are you running against press man coverage?
I didn't play at all yesterday because I was so turned off by the defensive play, but against man press coverage I was generally hitting slant routes or go routes (go if there's no help over the top, slants otherwise), and had some decent success.

rhombic21
08-29-2011, 10:21 AM
With the defensive AI, it's not just that players are out of position, but then there are a whole lot of instances where they still seem unresponsive to make a play on a ball. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos the last couple days, and you can see that there are just a lot of instances where balls get thrown into traffic and the defense doesn't react very well. I just feel like NCAA is a lot better in terms of making people pay for bad decisions.

Also, the deep ball on Madden is so overdone, it's crazy. It's seriously reminiscent of the old NCAA on PS2 days, when people could just throw up garbage against deep zones and come down with it a decent percentage of the time.

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I'll have to try that. I was trying a bunch of in/out routes and it seems like the defensive player assigned to that receiver knows the route and runs it before the receiver virtually every time. I had mixed success with corner routes based on how my QB decided to throw it. There's nothing I hate more than running a route and watching a defensive player running my receiver's route before he does. Drives me nuts.

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
With the defensive AI, it's not just that players are out of position, but then there are a whole lot of instances where they still seem unresponsive to make a play on a ball. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos the last couple days, and you can see that there are just a lot of instances where balls get thrown into traffic and the defense doesn't react very well. I just feel like NCAA is a lot better in terms of making people pay for bad decisions.

Also, the deep ball on Madden is so overdone, it's crazy. It's seriously reminiscent of the old NCAA on PS2 days, when people could just throw up garbage against deep zones and come down with it a decent percentage of the time.

I've noticed it as well. A large portion of the time, the defender on the play wont even react to the ball being in the air. If the ball is in the air, you almost have to take control of the defender in the area unless you want to give up a completion. Even that doesn't work consistently because the defender is often also out of position and it takes too long for you to get into position and make a play on the ball.

You're dead on with the deep ball as well, which is scary. If you throw it just slightly ahead of the receiver and with some steam on it, all you have to do is trigger the over the shoulder catch animation(which is easy to do) and it's going to be a catch the majority of the time. I've seen people triggering the spectacular catch animation with ease. I've seen people doing rocket catches with ease. I tried the rocket catch myself and it's so insanely easy to do that I wont be surprised if everyone is running it in a few weeks. I have my fingers crossed that they release a patch Tuesday to raise defensive awareness a bit, but I'm pretty confident they wont. In fact, I would be shocked if they did.

umhester04
08-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Has anyone tried messing with sliders?

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm honestly on the fence of even going to get this either tonight or Wednesday. I really, really, really do not like the huge lack of plays and offensive styles. I just went through every single playbook the game has to offer, and not a single one of them fits what I want to do. If I want to be successful, I basically have to incorporate a lot of under center formations to my offense, which isn't something I particularly want to do.

It's not even just that. It seems like only certain routes even work in the game. Posts work well, as do corners and streaks. Drags are very sporadic, as are crossing patterns and out routes. They all depend on whether or not the defender is psychic and running the route before they do. Screens are sporadic as well.

Honestly, both NCAA and Madden have fatal flaws that are huge turn offs for me. NCAA has the bullshit glitches and the overpowered outside runs that make me want to pull my hair out. It has the slight delay online, along with the lack of stats and anything like that. It's also insanely easy to throw medium side line and can be done against virtually any defense.

With Madden, you have the horrid zone defense, the horrid man defense, the horrid variety of plays, it's slow as balls, and it just lacks any real atmosphere. Their online system kind of sucks. In order to rank up, you need to play "play now" matches in which you can't even see your opponent's record so you don't know what you're getting into. If you go to the lobby you can see their record and stats, but even if you invite them to a RANKED game, you don't get any skill points.

I'm pretty disappointed in various aspects on both games. If Madden had NCAA's zone defense and play books, I'd be a happy ass man.

skipwondah33
08-29-2011, 04:27 PM
That didn't take long IOU lol

Gotta say I'm satisfied thus far

steelerfan
08-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Has anyone tried messing with sliders?

I have begun working on sliders. They are for All-Pro with 15-minute quarters.

Obviously, I don't have as much data as I did at NCAA's release since I've only had a couple of days with the game, but I'll put out what I have so far before midnight tonight.

I OU a Beatn
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Anyone know if this is getting a day one patch and if so, what it entails?

Rudy
08-29-2011, 07:34 PM
There is a day one patch. Justin Dewiel tweeted that to me August 25th when I asked but he did not answer my follow up question of what would be in the patch.

"yea, there's a day one title update like normal."

ram29jackson
08-29-2011, 07:39 PM
well, i took the dive. Just went to best buy and traded in $60 dollars worth of old PS2 games for this madden..at least that means its basically free LOL

jaymo76
08-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Really enjoying the game thus far. I downloaded the NEW rosters and started a chise with my Raiders. Currently we are 2-0 in preseason. Based on my starters I should be 0-2 as my starting offense has been terrible. Trent Edwards has been lights out so much to the point that he may earn the starting job. I am enjoying the cut days as well however, the cpu doesn't properly put in backups ( for example in game 2.... first half team one second half team two... I had to put in my own 3rd stringer etc.).

There are some issues though:
presentation is awful.... one of the worst in sports games
why is there only 20 second run-off??? we used to have an option for 15, 25, etc
cpu running is pretty sporadic
some types of passes are darn near impossible to complete while others are money
play action and screens leave a lot to be desired
lots of cpu injuries but very few hum injuries
new kick screen for FG's is awful... hard to tell if you make a kick or not!

Overall though, my biggest question.... WHY REMOVE THE EXTRA POINT???? Something is better than nothing. Overall, the game is a blast BUT there is no longer immersion. Love it or hate it, removing the EXTRA POINT was a MASSIVE mistake. Don't like it? Fine, skip it but don't remove it as many of us out there enjoyed it and watched it every single week.!!!

Other than those gripes, Madden 12 is a great offering thus far.

ram29jackson
08-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I thought presentation was one of the major selling points this year ?

how is tackling ?

JeffHCross
08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Indy mostly bases out of a 3 WR 1 TE set. We can debate whether that truly qualifies as "spread." But more importantly, they operate extensively from under center, and their offense doesn't really resemble the kind of offense that I'm assuming IOU wants to run.Right, but I thought we were talking about personnel then, not offensive style. I guess I don't watch enough of their games, 'cause it seems to me that they're out of shotgun often. But I may be wrong about that.

I thought presentation was one of the major selling points this year ?It is. But what jaymo wants to see in presentation might be different from what was focused on.

Paakaa10
08-29-2011, 08:07 PM
There are some issues though:
presentation is awful.... one of the worst in sports games

Compared to other games, it still needs work, but compared to Madden NFL 11 it's night and day. The biggest issue for me is commentary; I like what they've done with cameras and broadcast overall.

why is there only 20 second run-off??? we used to have an option for 15, 25, etc

You can set how many seconds are left on the play clock with the run-off if you choose your play early; I believe that 15, 20, and 25 seconds are the options.

new kick screen for FG's is awful... hard to tell if you make a kick or not!

You can push a button--I believe it's R2--to change the view on field goals back to the "classic" camera.

Rudy
08-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Compared to other games, it still needs work, but compared to Madden NFL 11 it's night and day. The biggest issue for me is commentary; I like what they've done with cameras and broadcast overall.

You can set how many seconds are left on the play clock with the run-off if you choose your play early; I believe that 15, 20, and 25 seconds are the options.

I liked the presentation a lot in the demo. But I don't think it was a coincidence that there was no commentary.

There is a bug in Madden that does not allow you to adjust the accelerated clock in offline franchise. The only option available is 20 seconds for some reason. Maybe this gets patched. Not sure.

JeffHCross
08-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I liked the presentation a lot in the demo. But I don't think it was a coincidence that there was no commentary.So, what you're really saying is that the commentary is awful. Not presentation on the whole. Yes?

steelerfan
08-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Actually, the clock run-off can be greatly customized. Mine is at :14, I believe.

My biggest gripe is that there aren't separate sliders for User and CPU Special Teams. I know it's been that way for years, but come on. I doubt I'll ever miss a kick and if I lower accuracy too much, the CPU will never make one. Sigh.

Also, not being able to adjust ST sliders in Practice Mode is really annoying.

jaymo76
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Actually, the clock run-off can be greatly customized. Mine is at :14, I believe.My biggest gripe is that there aren't separate sliders for User and CPU Special Teams. I know it's been that way for years, but come on. I doubt I'll ever miss a kick and if I lower accuracy too much, the CPU will never make one. Sigh.

Also, not being able to adjust ST sliders in Practice Mode is really annoying.

I know this was IN last year but I can't find it this year. I could see it blocked out in the demo but I can't find it in my downloaded game. Which section is it in for OFFLINE FRANCHISE??? Many other people are struggling finding it as well.

Paakaa10
Actually, the clock run-off can be greatly customized. Mine is at :14, I believe.

And that's in offline Franchise? Hmm. Seems to be some conflicting stuff going around then.

jaymo76
So, what you're really saying is that the commentary is awful. Not presentation on the whole. Yes?

Oops... yup wrong word, I meant commentary. Sorry.

steelerfan
08-29-2011, 09:16 PM
And that's in offline Franchise? Hmm. Seems to be some conflicting stuff going around then.

I had no idea you guys were talking about Franchise Mode.

I just fired one up. It looks like you have no choices for anything related to sliders in Franchise Mode. That is really, really stupid. I thought maybe there would be a work around by setting it up once you actually got into a game, but it's not there. Special Teams sliders aren't there either. :fp:

Sigh. It looks like Madden has found a way to make sure that I will never play a season on Franchise Mode. No sliders, no settings, no steelerfan. :down:

Rudy
08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
So, what you're really saying is that the commentary is awful. Not presentation on the whole. Yes?

Yes although I will check out my retail copy tomorrow. Not having played Madden last year may make the commentary easier to take.

And Steelerfan I totally agree with you about the special teams sliders. Why on earth don't we have user and cpu sliders? Both EA Dev teams make such stupid decisions some times. Madden has had fumble, injury and stamina sliders and the NCAA team refuses to put them in the game. Madden has some cool stuff and then screw up the special teams sliders. Same goes for both teams not sharing camera angles and stuff like that. Some stuff just seems so simple to put in the game and yet it doesn't happen.

SmoothPancakes
08-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Wow. If none of that is in the retail game, I'm glad now that Madden has been relegated to holiday purchase status for me. Some of that would/will ruin franchise for me. Sadly, unless some of that stuff is in the retail game or gets patched in at some point, Madden 12 could follow the path of Madden 11 and become an "achievement whore" game for me, with me knocking out the achievements and then shipping it out to Amazon or someplace else for a trade-in a couple days later.

JeffHCross
08-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Oops... yup wrong word, I meant commentary. Sorry.

Yes although I will check out my retail copy tomorrow.
Bahahaha ... I totally didn't realize I was talking to Rudy about jaymo's comment. :fp: @ me.

I just fired one up. It looks like you have no choices for anything related to sliders in Franchise Mode.In offline? No sliders? W.t.f. Ridiculously glad I cancelled my Amazon pre-order yesterday then.

Paakaa10
08-29-2011, 09:53 PM
I had no idea you guys were talking about Franchise Mode.

I just fired one up. It looks like you have no choices for anything related to sliders in Franchise Mode. That is really, really stupid. I thought maybe there would be a work around by setting it up once you actually got into a game, but it's not there. Special Teams sliders aren't there either. :fp:

Sigh. It looks like Madden has found a way to make sure that I will never play a season on Franchise Mode. No sliders, no settings, no steelerfan. :down:

Did you try tweaking settings from the main menu and then going into offline Franchise? Maybe they carry over that way?

I haven't tried anything on the Franchise side yet. I'll have to look into this tonight.

steelerfan
08-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Did you try tweaking settings from the main menu and then going into offline Franchise? Maybe they carry over that way?

I haven't tried anything on the Franchise side yet. I'll have to look into this tonight.

Yes. I did.

There doesn't appear to be any place in the Franchise menus to edit anything related to playing the game, except for Quarter Length.

I started my first Preseason Game, ran a couple of plays, and watched the play clock only run down to :20 (it's at :14 in my main settings). So, I paused the game and went into Settings to see if I could at least change it there. Nope.

Not only that, but you can't adjust Special Teams sliders in the Pause Menu either (this is also the case in Practice Mode). It looks like my sliders carried over into the Franchise, but I had been excited to FINALLY be able to play a football game on 15-minute quarters and this oversight has taken that option away.

I can't imagine the reasoning for any of this. Why would the Accelerated Clock only be adjustable for Play Now games? That makes no sense at all. :fp:

Unless someone figures this out, and I'm mistaken, I won't open my copy tomorrow. I'll try to return it to Wal-Mart and be glad I got a $20 credit from Amazon.

Sigh.

morsdraconis
08-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Waaiiit a sec. There's no offline franchise mode sliders?! Are you fuckin' kidding me?

steelerfan
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Waaiiit a sec. There's no offline franchise mode sliders?! Are you fuckin' kidding me?

There are, in a limited way.

They carry over from your profile, but you can only edit then in-game once you get into a Franchise. The Special Teams sliders, however, can't be edited in-game.

The beef I have is that the Accelerated Clock doesn't appear as though it can be moved from :20, at all, in Franchise.

morsdraconis
08-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Wow, wtf? God, there's no fuckin' way I'd buy this game. EA must be out of their fuckin' minds.

steelerfan
08-30-2011, 01:15 AM
I'm going to sleep on this. I suppose all I'm really losing is the ability to play 15-minute quarters.

The game itself seems pretty good. If that's only concession I'll have to make (aside from not having separate User and CPU ST sliders, which I already knew about) maybe I can make this work with 12 or 13-minute quarters. That wouldn't be the end of the world, but it is disappointing. I was really excited to be able to get good play counts on 15-minute quarters, lol.

I'll think about whether or not I take the game back for a bit.

I OU a Beatn
08-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Don't 15 minute games take a really, really long time to complete? I don't know if I could sit down in one game for that long. :D

JBHuskers
08-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Yeah I only go 7 minutes with a :25 accelerated clock. That's enough for me.

Sinister
08-30-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm like JB i only need 7 minutes maybe up it to 9 but 15 is too long for me. as for impressions really like the game. Jukes are really good , passing seems better easier to find open guys versus NCAA 12 . Had a field goal blocked. I think normal is too fast. it bothers me on the Eagles roster their are some double jerseys given out. two #23 two #25. Also if Steve Smith plays as well as he does in madden he's gonna be a problem at the slot. didn't get sacked alot, but I got rid of the ball fast. Also dropped about 5 ints manually . this game will test your stick skills if you are really good on the sticks doing things manually you will be very successful.

morsdraconis
08-30-2011, 10:37 AM
You don't get nearly the amount of plays and stats for your players that you should with only 7 minutes. Especially with an accelerated clock.

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 10:52 AM
I go with 12 minutes and the 25 second run off. However, without the 25 second runoff in franchise this year, the game are taking well over an hour to play which is way too long.

iBrandon
08-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Maybe I missed something, but are you guys saying you can't adjust sliders in offline franchise mode? I don't know if there is an option in the franchise hub, but during the game you can adjust sliders and it saves them.

steelerfan
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Don't 15 minute games take a really, really long time to complete? I don't know if I could sit down in one game for that long. :D

Cue the MD Code Red jpg. ;)

It's about snap counts. With the play clock at :14, I was getting 130-135 offensive snaps per game. If I played 12 minute quarters at :20 on the play clock, I'd still get about 130 plays. Therefore, in the way I just described, a 12 and 15 minute quarter game could take the same amount of time to complete.

steelerfan
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Maybe I missed something, but are you guys saying you can't adjust sliders in offline franchise mode? I don't know if there is an option in the franchise hub, but during the game you can adjust sliders and it saves them.

Not Special Teams sliders. They're not in the Pause Menu. You can't adjust the Accelerated Clock in Franchise Mode either.

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Just got my hard copy... so the patch doesn't fix the accelerated clock issue??? I haven't been able to load the game yet... fatherly duties...

JBHuskers
08-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Just got my hard copy... so the patch doesn't fix the accelerated clock issue??? I haven't been able to load the game yet... fatherly duties...

No, that patch was just some stabililty things that came out a week ago or so.

iBrandon
08-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Not Special Teams sliders. They're not in the Pause Menu. You can't adjust the Accelerated Clock in Franchise Mode either.

Ah, I didn't see special teams, my fault.

steelerfan
08-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Ah, I didn't see special teams, my fault.

Yeah, my copy is sitting here unopened, lol. I have to decide whether or not I can live with the Accelerated Clock issue and the lack of separate User and CPU sliders for Special Teams.

A buddy of mine suggested simming all of my FG attempts as an option. That may be what I do, if I keep the game.

bdoughty
08-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Just got the game and have two minor gripes right off the bat.

Where is my NFL Films Music?
Where is Auto Save? Really Still not in the game? :fp:

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 05:45 PM
So I see in FRANCHISE MODE they also REMOVED the INJURY SLIDER???? Why would injury slider and accelerated clock be removed? It makes no sense. Also, there is no more fumble slider? These decisions don;t make a lot of sense. I also miss the NFL films music... but I said it before and I will say it again, the removal of the EXTRA POINT was a MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE mistake. Play Madden 10 and then Madden 12 and the lack of that immersion really hurts this game. I have changed my vote from GREAT to GOOD over some of these issues. However, it's still a very solid game offering.

Rudy
08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
The fumble slider should be under the running game sliders Jaymo. At least I hope it's there in franchise mode because I know it's there from the main menu. I just popped my game in and I can't even use my online code to get the new rosters. Servers are down or something but that may also be with the PSN too. Not sure.

As for quarter length, stats and number of plays take a backseat to length of games. My games have to be under an hour, stats be damned. If it goes an hour or more I get bored and annoyed.

Do I have to use my online code to get the rosters or how do I get the new ones? Obviously I can't check until the servers open up but I need the new ones.

steelerfan
08-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Lol. Not directing this at what Rudy said, just at all the sentiment about games taking too long.

When you guys finish a game, add up Pass attempts, rush attempts, and sacks for both teams. In the 130 range is realistic. If you'er near that, I don't care if you were using 7, or 10, or 12-minute quarters - your games aren't taking less time than my 15-minute quarter games. I'm just running more time off, snaps are snaps.

I understand if you don't mind having skewed stats or games with 80 snaps or something - that's your prerogative. I just don't like the fact that there are options for Play Now that are obviously missing from Franchise Mode. It's an obvious oversight, there's no way it is intentional.

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 06:49 PM
The fumble slider should be under the running game sliders Jaymo. At least I hope it's there in franchise mode because I know it's there from the main menu. I just popped my game in and I can't even use my online code to get the new rosters. Servers are down or something but that may also be with the PSN too. Not sure.

As for quarter length, stats and number of plays take a backseat to length of games. My games have to be under an hour, stats be damned. If it goes an hour or more I get bored and annoyed.

Do I have to use my online code to get the rosters or how do I get the new ones? Obviously I can't check until the servers open up but I need the new ones.

Thanks Rudy, I will check that out. With regards to ONLINE, maybe it's a Canadian thing but with SEASON PASS I had a heck of a time accessing the EA servers. One night it took several hours. Yesterday was 25 minutes. To answer your Q, yes you need to use your online pass to get the rosters. The rosters will be under the ONLINE section (subsection rosters). Cheers!

steelerfan
08-30-2011, 07:01 PM
The PlayStation Network is apparently undergoing maintenance. I can't get into EA's servers either, but the PS Store is down for maintenance so, I'm guessing that's the problem.

Rudy
08-30-2011, 08:03 PM
The PlayStation Network is apparently undergoing maintenance. I can't get into EA's servers either, but the PS Store is down for maintenance so, I'm guessing that's the problem.

Thanks for that bad news. I haven't been able to connect all night. Tried when I put the game in around 7, tried a little later and just now. Finally got the kids to bed and I'm going to go play but it sucks that I can't use updated rosters. I simply can't play with Miami and not have Bush while stuck with Ronnie Brown.

I OU a Beatn
08-30-2011, 11:08 PM
I've played two amazing games in a row where I just completely dominated my opponent from the opening kick off. I've given up hope trying to run anything that resembles a spread and my offense has since done extremely well since moving to a mix of SB, I, Strong, and Shotgun. I've gone for 250 yards passing and 100 yards rushing in both games that were done after 3 quarters. I've also only given up a combined 14 points those two games, but that's probably a fluke.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK. In 12 games online, I'm 33% on 3rd down. That's flat out unacceptable.

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
3rd down conversions are definitely harder in retail than the demo. I am only around 40% on 3rd downs. However, I like the fact that it is more challenging.

I OU a Beatn
08-30-2011, 11:23 PM
I think it's a product of me running the ball more and getting myself in 3rd and medium and then simply not converting. Whenever I'm running my spread on NCAA, I rarely ever get into a 3rd down situation, so I'm definitely not adept at converting them. Of course, I guess that's obvious by my putrid conversion percentage. :D

jaymo76
08-30-2011, 11:31 PM
I think it's a product of me running the ball more and getting myself in 3rd and medium and then simply not converting. Whenever I'm running my spread on NCAA, I rarely ever get into a 3rd down situation, so I'm definitely not adept at converting them. Of course, I guess that's obvious by my putrid conversion percentage. :D

Personally I need to improve my QB running skills. Too often I sit in the pocket and read the D. Next thing I know I'm face in the dirt and it's forth down. I think about it too much and by the time I decide to run it's too late.

I OU a Beatn
08-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Just make sure you slide. I've fumbled so many times online from not sliding it's not funny. Hell, my scramble percentage is less than 5% and I still manage to find a way to fumble when I do.

3rd game in a row now that I put up similar stats, this time in one half basically. Under center is definitely where the passing game is at this year. I've been tearing people up left and right with Strong Close.

Rudy
08-31-2011, 05:56 AM
I had fun last night. Got a little over 3 games in (including this morning) and I have to check other stuff out.

Quick hits:
*commentary wasn't that horrible. I guess my expectations were lowered enough along with not playing M11 that it wasn't too bad. Gus needs to say everyone's name too. And at the opening kickoff to say "the opposing team" rather than their real name just sounds sloppy
*the juke is better than NCAA - makes me happy
*I feel offense and the passing game is more open in Madden. I like this because I'm not a good offensive player and I'm simply a bad passer
*the sliders don't seem very responsive at all. Especially with a true 100 point system they need to be a LOT stronger
*kicking seems too easy and with only global sliders this may be bad. Good thing kickers in the NFL all hit 75 to 80% of their kicks or it might annoy me more
*really like some of the running plays out of the ACE in the Browns playbook. Quite a few different things that I never saw in NCAA.
*I don't like how if you move a defensive player and then switch to someone they don't line up right. If I accidentally move a CB while cycling through that CB won't move and won't line up right. Dumb.
*I'm absolutely horrible when trying to rush the passer as a DE. I'm not a big DL guy but the outside rush seems really hard.
*Overall the cpu offense and especially the running game on All-Pro is bad. I used my demo sliders but they need help here.
*San Diego tried to cover Megatron with LB Shaun Phillips man to man. He lined up over him when he was running a deep route out of an ACE set with him in the slot. Easy TD.
*I like the presentation although I'd like to see more replays for the half time and post game show
*I like how I can get the ball to my #1 WR better. Outside passing plays are easier to execute.
*I like how QBs have inaccurate throws on default. Crazy.

Overall I lost 24-13 with the Browns against the Cardinals. I was marching late, down 17-13 to get sacked, fumble and TD return. Beat Minnesota with Miami 31-14 and lost on the road to the Chargers with the Lions 16-13. I'm having fun. Not blown away but it's fun.

hitman625
08-31-2011, 09:50 AM
I have to say that I have been enjoying my time with the game so far. I absolutely LOVE Dynamic player progression. But I have some issues with the game, not game killers, but definitely issues:
*All-Pro, default sliders, is a little too easy and All-Madden, deafult sliders, the cpu feels too cheesy. With the 49ers, I avg. about 30 pts per game while only giving up 7 pts. (The only change I made to the team was trading for VY)
*In my 6 games, I've made the cpu fumble in every game, multiple times.
*I may have messed up here so take this with a grain of salt. After importing my draft class for franchise, none of those players are showing up to scout. There are players, but none of them even resemble those I imported. This worries me b/c I planned on trying to get Justin Blackmon to pair up with Crabtree

I OU a Beatn
08-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Who do I PM glitches to? This one is pretty bad.

steelerfan
08-31-2011, 03:59 PM
For the record, I timed my last game. It took 1 hour and 11 minutes to play 15-minute quarters.

ram29jackson
08-31-2011, 04:09 PM
For the record, I timed my last game. It took 1 hour and 11 minutes to play 15-minute quarters.

thats a little rich for my blood:) just a tad too long

I OU a Beatn
08-31-2011, 04:57 PM
That's not bad. I thought you'd be getting around the 2 hour mark with 15min quarters. 45 minutes is probably my sweet spot. More than enough time to get enough possessions in against someone, but not long enough that I'm just trying to end the game.

jaymo76
08-31-2011, 11:11 PM

Is that with or without gameflow on???

Sinister
09-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Hey online can other person see you look at your play...i'm a little slow don't usually play madden online on ncaa you can still look at your recievers without reveiling the play

steelerfan
09-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Is that with or without gameflow on???

I don't use Game Flow. On offense, I use Ask Madden - however - about 40% of the time I don't like any of his suggestions. At that point, I usually select by formation but, occasionally I'll select by Play Type. It keeps me calling different plays from different sets. On defense, I always call my own plays. I have started to sim all special teams plays to offset the lack of separate sliders for Users and the CPU.

ram29jackson
09-01-2011, 05:12 AM
Hey online can other person see you look at your play...i'm a little slow don't usually play madden online on ncaa you can still look at your recievers without reveiling the play

no one can see your play

Rudy
09-01-2011, 07:10 AM
With 9 minutes and 20 second accelerated clock it still takes me around an hour or less. If I go 8 minutes the number of plays is just a little too low for my tastes.

Can we do formation subs in franchise mode? I know you can do the formation subs at the play calling menu but good luck doing what you want as the play clock dwindles down. I certainly hope we can set them in franchise and not have to redo them every game. I want Jason Taylor in on the pass rush as a DE with Wake (I can use double LB rush but still have to sub in JT for Misi).

The game definitely makes it easier for DTs to rush the passer than DEs. I hope they can tune that. On OS they said it's largely due to DEs have low block shed ratings. Block shedding should be split between run and pass defence.

Sinister
09-01-2011, 07:58 AM
thanks rams i thought so wasn't sure

ram29jackson
09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
the basic slant cant be smart routed like I'm sure you could in the past

ram29jackson
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM
too much pointless presentation- when I pick a play, I need to immediately see my formation in normal gameplay view, not that sideways broadcast view.. I shouldnt need to waste time hitting x to cut through it...it wastes time ,... i need to make audibles and hot routes from what I see

ram29jackson
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM
thanks rams i thought so wasn't sure

if you are unfamiliar with online, its a valid question

Rudy
09-01-2011, 07:21 PM
too much pointless presentation- when I pick a play, I need to immediately see my formation in normal gameplay view, not that sideways broadcast view.. I shouldnt need to waste time hitting x to cut through it...it wastes time ,... i need to make audibles and hot routes from what I see

I'll agree with this. I'd like the option to get rid of the broadcast cam look when coming to the line.

Rudy
09-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I wish Ask Madden was better and more like NCAA's Ask Coach. Ask Madden only provides three plays while NCAA has many. I don't like Gameflow (although I haven't given it an honest attempt this year) but NCAA's Ask Coach on offense would expose me to some new plays here and there and keep me from getting in to a rut. I always call my own defensive plays.

ram29jackson
09-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I'll agree with this. I'd like the option to get rid of the broadcast cam look when coming to the line.

I havent played online yet...if its online, that is a real stupid pain in the ass

Rudy
09-02-2011, 05:34 AM
It's always been an annoyance for me that when you call a nickel zone against a 3 WR set, I firmly believe the defense should auto-flip so the nickel CB always lines up against the slot WR. This should be true for the cpu and human imo. Madden and NCAA don't do this. But what is really annoying is that when I call a Goalline Man play against a 1 WR set, the lone CB on my defense doesn't line up against the WR if he's on the left! That's retarded! It will slide my LB out to cover the WR unless I flip the play. Poorly done imo.

And Gus Johnson might not be so bad IF he didn't push his voice so much. I know a lot of guys like him for NCAA basketball but this guy has never even been a top play by play guy for football. I can live with him but EA needs to record a lot more calm commentary from him. I really don't think EA has a clue on how to do commentary properly. I know for MLB 2K10 that Gary Thorne came in and did 70 hours of new commentary recording and he was already in the game! Furthermore, Gary said they didn't use a script. They just envision scenarios and just discuss the game. Plus the guys record the commentary together. EA needs to hire a sound guy from 2K as those guys get it.

JBHuskers
09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah there are many times where Gus has an orgasm and then is extremely calm instantly after :D

morsdraconis
09-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah there are many times where Gus has an orgasm and then is extremely calm instantly after :D

So you're saying you can keep your enthusiasm after blowing your load?

JBHuskers
09-02-2011, 08:47 AM
So you're saying you can keep your enthusiasm after blowing your load?

:D :D :D

I OU a Beatn
09-02-2011, 09:17 AM
My last 6 games online:

28-0
44-14
31-0
31-0
33-7
24-7

Before that, I had given up at least 14 in every game I had played. I love the 4-6. No one runs on that shit.

Rudy
09-02-2011, 09:23 AM
My last 6 games online:

28-0
44-14
31-0
31-0
33-7
24-7

Before that, I had given up at least 14 in every game I had played. I love the 4-6. No one runs on that shit.

1) Note to self - if I ever do play online, never play IOU unless I want to get my ass kicked.

2) What is the consensus on QB accuracy offline? I do see a decent amount of misfires but I think there should be more. What have people done with the QB accuracy sliders?

3) I've seen the cpu RBs pick holes very well, use stiff arms and break tackles but I haven't seen a lot of the shiftier backs use jukes or spins much. I haven't played a lot against them (just played 1/2 a game against Jamaal Charles) but I just wanted to know if you guys have seen the shiftier RBs run like shifty backs. I've been able to make some nice jukes but I haven't seen too many out of the cpu. Here was a nice juke to the outside with Bush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dydb2mPjKtw

Rudy
09-02-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't think the DL moves work right. You are supposed to push down on the r-stick for power moves and left/right for finesse moves I think. But I have found that pushing left/right does nothing. Whenever I try left or right the OT just pushes me to the outside and I do nothing. If you want to rush the passer just push down on the r-stick and the cpu will sort of pick the move for you. I was rushing with rookie Von Miller of Denver and I pushed down and I saw some swims and spins with him that were cool. But it appears we don't really have a lot of control over the moves the way it currently is. I don't play with the DL that much but this appears different than NCAA.

I OU a Beatn
09-02-2011, 09:50 AM
The accuracy on the deep ball is pretty bad for me. There's usually several instances a game where I will have a step on the defender, step into the throw, then proceed to overthrow everyone by 10 yards. I thought it was just Bradford at first because his deep ball accuracy isn't the best, but I've started sailing them with Matt Ryan, too.

Rudy
09-02-2011, 09:55 AM
I have noticed that deep balls seem to be a lot more inaccurate than short or medium stuff. I've only got the sliders at 45 a piece right now on All-Pro. It's pretty decent but I don't want to drop it down anymore if I can't hit the deep pass.

jaymo76
09-02-2011, 07:05 PM
I need to see better production from CPU QB's and HB's. Once I get those sliders where I want, I will be a happy camper.

CLW
09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
So... I haven't popped open my game yet. Is it true there are no sliders for Offline Franchise Mode? If so, I'm just going to return this game before I regret my purchase. I damn near cancelled my pre-order but waited until it was too late. :smh:

morsdraconis
09-02-2011, 07:34 PM
So... I haven't popped open my game yet. Is it true there are no sliders for Offline Franchise Mode? If so, I'm just going to return this game before I regret my purchase. I damn near cancelled my pre-order but waited until it was too late. :smh:

They're there, but only in the game (not available in any of the menus outside of playing a game against someone) and the special teams sliders affect both you and the CPU instead of being separated.

SmoothPancakes
09-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah... Completely unacceptable. :smh:

morsdraconis
09-02-2011, 08:04 PM
I agree. I played it for two seconds and haven't touched it since. No way I'd pay money for that game.

I spent more time fixing the Redskins' roster than I did actually playing the game.

jaymo76
09-02-2011, 08:37 PM

It's a minor annoyance but it's not that bad. Once you make the changes in game, they are permanent until you change them again. The special temas slider is strange that it's not seperated but honestly, it really doesn't bother me too much. I am however still annoyed that we can't change the amount of CLOCK RUNOFF in FRANCHISE MODE. Overall though, this game is a blast. I haven't played NCAA in weeks and with the patch nowhere in sight, I am pretty much addicted to Madden right now. The passing IMO is almost perfect as compare to NCAA 12. It's very refreshing.

steelerfan
09-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I've actually found that I can get a good snap count in Franchise Mode by playing 15-minute quarters and simming all special teams plays. For some reason special teams plays use more time than they should when simmed and sometimes the game clock will run after a kick return.

If you can get over all of that shit, which I have, it's actually a pretty good game.

morsdraconis
09-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I've actually found that I can get a good snap count in Franchise Mode by playing 15-minute quarters and simming all special teams plays. For some reason special teams plays use more time than they should when simmed and sometimes the game clock will run after a kick return.

If you can get over all of that shit, which I have, it's actually a pretty good game.

What difficulty/sliders are you using? I'm interested to actually, maybe, give the game a fair shake (plus I'd really like to give the franchise mode a real try).

CLW
09-02-2011, 08:47 PM
They're there, but only in the game (not available in any of the menus outside of playing a game against someone) and the special teams sliders affect both you and the CPU instead of being separated.

Wait I have to adjust the sliders before/during every game?

WTF?

If that is true this POS is going back to Amazon tomorrow.

morsdraconis
09-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Wait I have to adjust the sliders before/during every game?

WTF?

If that is true this POS is going back to Amazon tomorrow.

Not before EVERY game. They save for later use, but they can only be changed either before the franchise starts or during a game.

CLW
09-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Not before EVERY game. They save for later use, but they can only be changed either before the franchise starts or during a game.

Odd. What genious thought that was a good idea? It's been a few years since I paid any attention to Madden but I seem to recall it being the same as NCAA with the sliders being adjustable from the main dynasty menu at anytime.

morsdraconis
09-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Odd. What genious thought that was a good idea? It's been a few years since I paid any attention to Madden but I seem to recall it being the same as NCAA with the sliders being adjustable from the main dynasty menu at anytime.

I has been. This is a new, and completely retarded development.

ram29jackson
09-02-2011, 09:54 PM
I dont see a man-lock setting in the game

Rudy
09-03-2011, 06:32 AM
The formation subs are crap. You can only set them during the game while your play clock is running down and often the cpu picks its play before you can do the stuff you want. There is no coaching page where you can do it and set them all during the game. Furthermore the formation subs are broken imo. I was playing with the Broncos and there is no way of having Von Miller rush in the nickel as the RE and Dumervil as the LE. The game forces you to use the LB rush package which moves Dumervil to DT. I used the formation subs to sub out Dumervil for Warren at DE and then Dumervil disappears. You can't sub him back at DT (which I don't want) nor put him at another DE spot. It's stupid. I don't know why Madden only allows you to make certain changes within game and not from the menus. The design and menus need work.

The global special teams sliders hurt because it's too easy to make FGs. Can't fix it without having the cpu shank kicks all the time.

While some of that stuff may be annoying I personally like the gameplay in Madden a lot more than NCAA. The game plays smoother with better control and a little more player weight and momentum (at least on slow speed), the outside passing game is better, the LB swats are toned down, the r-stick juke move works better with agile RBs. It just feels better in almost every way imo.

ram29jackson
09-03-2011, 01:34 PM
except for after i pick a play... I like all the cut scenes, visuals and after plays qtrs and halves...but I dont know that they have as much camera angle stuff they talked about about ? It doesnt look like that big a deal to me

jaymo76
09-03-2011, 01:52 PM
I still say it was a HUGE mistake to remove the EXTRA POINT. Once again,I have no feel for what's going on in the rest of the league. Plus, the interface is so freakin clunky. Why did they change it from last year??? The interface last year was great.

I OU a Beatn
09-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm getting to the point that Madden is going to see the same fate as NCAA. In every single game that I've completed online, I've thrown for over 300 yards and I've also given up over 300 yards passing. It is absolutely fucking ridiculous how god damned bad the pass defense is on this game. A 3 year old girl with zero video game/football experience could absolutely shred the defense on this game by passing the ball.

The whole fucking problem stems from the fact that for some asinine reason, I can't tell my defense to jam the TE on the LOS and I can't tell my defense to rub the RB when coming out of the backfield. That's all anyone runs online. They get a fast QB so that you have to bring man blitzes, and then they just pick your ass apart with their TE or RB. So stupid.

ram29jackson
09-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm getting to the point that Madden is going to see the same fate as NCAA. In every single game that I've completed online, I've thrown for over 300 yards and I've also given up over 300 yards passing. It is absolutely fucking ridiculous how god damned bad the pass defense is on this game. A 3 year old girl with zero video game/football experience could absolutely shred the defense on this game by passing the ball.

The whole fucking problem stems from the fact that for some asinine reason, I can't tell my defense to jam the TE on the LOS and I can't tell my defense to rub the RB when coming out of the backfield. That's all anyone runs online. They get a fast QB so that you have to bring man blitzes, and then they just pick your ass apart with their TE or RB. So stupid.

this is the way its always been, what else is new? the zones could use a little upgrade though. Everything defensively seems a little weak.

ram29jackson
09-03-2011, 02:12 PM
LOL for the record- I did go to a Madden midnight release this year LOL. At a Best Buy

I OU a Beatn
09-03-2011, 02:23 PM
To expand upon my previous post, wasn't Madden supposed to get the same upgrades to defense that NCAA received? I mean, I could immediately point out how much improved the defense was in NCAA. In this, it feels exactly like Madden '11 which is definitely not a good thing. It just makes no sense to me. On NCAA, if you throw a flare route to a TE against cover 2, it's picked off...or at the very least, tipped. On Madden, it's an automatic 5+ yards. The DB in the buzz zone makes no attempt whatsoever to get in front of the pass.

If you're looking at the middle of the field and it's zone, there's so many gigantic holes that it's not funny. That's precisely why when someone is willing to run with the QB, you have to man blitz, which opens up another whole can of worms. When you bring a man blitz, even if you bump, at least one receiver is going to burn your ass off the line and you have to cover him deep with the safety. Meanwhile you have a TE getting a free release, you have the RB getting a free release, and it all happens because you can't bump them off their route. I've also noticed man align is completely broken. Every time I select man align, the stupid fuckers just stay in their original spot. That enrages me like no other. I sincerely doubt it would make a difference, but nonetheless, it's annoying.

It's almost like EA wants this to be a 77-70 type of game. It's just disgusting to me that I know my opponent's plays, I know the routes, I even know his reads, and I can't do a damn thing because I can't only cover one spot on the field at once and I basically have to pick which one of the 20 holes I'm going to uselessly cover.

Rudy
09-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Man align is crap. Like I said earlier, the DB in goalline doesn't automatically cover the WR. Also, I've seen where my LB is split out over the slot but if I shift my LBs he completely leaves his man and heads into the box. That's not a huge problem for me because I usually have the proper formation out there but if I run out of time on my defensive play call (where the heck is the clock on that?) and I get stuck with a LB on a WR in man coverage he should at least stay out there.

ram29jackson
09-03-2011, 02:41 PM
To expand upon my previous post, wasn't Madden supposed to get the same upgrades to defense that NCAA received? I mean, I could immediately point out how much improved the defense was in NCAA. In this, it feels exactly like Madden '11 which is definitely not a good thing. It just makes no sense to me. On NCAA, if you throw a flare route to a TE against cover 2, it's picked off...or at the very least, tipped. On Madden, it's an automatic 5+ yards. The DB in the buzz zone makes no attempt whatsoever to get in front of the pass.

If you're looking at the middle of the field and it's zone, there's so many gigantic holes that it's not funny. That's precisely why when someone is willing to run with the QB, you have to man blitz, which opens up another whole can of worms. When you bring a man blitz, even if you bump, at least one receiver is going to burn your ass off the line and you have to cover him deep with the safety. Meanwhile you have a TE getting a free release, you have the RB getting a free release, and it all happens because you can't bump them off their route. I've also noticed man align is completely broken. Every time I select man align, the stupid fuckers just stay in their original spot. That enrages me like no other. I sincerely doubt it would make a difference, but nonetheless, it's annoying.

It's almost like EA wants this to be a 77-70 type of game. It's just disgusting to me that I know my opponent's plays, I know the routes, I even know his reads, and I can't do a damn thing because I can't only cover one spot on the field at once and I basically have to pick which one of the 20 holes I'm going to uselessly cover.

its a game for fans, not for football geeks. If you want hardcore football, you and oneback and rhombic need to get together and find investors J/K. they could at least make def. slightly more challenging

Rudy
09-03-2011, 02:54 PM
EA dropped the ball when they chose not to do separate sliders for zone vs. man coverage this year. While online tuning will always be argued about I felt the zone defenses were too tough in NCAA, particularly with super swatting LBs. I really hope EA doesn't tune the offline gameplay to make zones tougher.

I OU a Beatn
09-03-2011, 03:20 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/14twt4n.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/64nnya.jpg

Let's gaze at this laughable amount of stats. The first image is a full ranked game which I lost. The second is just barely two and a half quarters that I won.

ram29jackson
09-03-2011, 03:42 PM
is that the EA sent stats to email thing ?

I OU a Beatn
09-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes, I cut that portion out so the image wasn't huge.

jaymo76
09-03-2011, 04:36 PM
They need to fix the "player of the game" situation. It's always a defender and usually something that involves a TD: Aka 1 tackle and one td...

Paakaa10
09-03-2011, 06:07 PM
They need to fix the "player of the game" situation. It's always a defender and usually something that involves a TD: Aka 1 tackle and one td...

Not ALWAYS, but the "Player of the Game" is definitely questionable sometimes. I've had games where it's been the QB or a HB who had a good game, but I've noticed the "defender with one TD" as POTG also.

Rudy
09-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Player of the game normally doesn't make sense IMO.

I OU a Beatn
09-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Words can not describe the cocksuckers on Madden. I thought NCAA was bad, but they don't even compare to the pieces of garbage I've been playing on Madden. Just finished playing some dude who ONLY RAN CURLS. WHAT THE FUCK? The hilarious thing is that it is unstoppable. The only reason I won was because of a lucky ass user pick on one of them, and then I scored with 8 seconds left to win. So fucking stupid.

Then after the game he asks me what playbook I was using. Seriously? Why the hell does it matter when you run one play?

umhester04
09-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Not trying to read this whole thread but has anyone seen the difference between the turf fields on the 360 and ps3? To say it looks terrible is a SERIOUS understatement. How does this go unnoticed in testing?

steelerfan
09-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Don't know if it's already known, but I confirmed this morning that if you make changes to your sliders outside of your Franchise, they will transfer into your Franchise even if you're already started it.

I just finished Week 2 of the regular season and I tested it out.

There's still no reason for it to not be in the Franchise Mode menus, or for your other settings (ie Accelerated Clock) not to work, but it's better than I thought.

umhester04
09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Also if you edit players either inside or outside of franchise and go into a franchise the player roles for the edited player dissappear :( :( NCAA all over again

Rudy
09-04-2011, 12:03 PM
I can't believe how patient the cpu runner can be. They also have tremendous vision on cut backs. Take a look at a couple cpu runs here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoRTeKXl8lA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdTNWdEW7Q

They certainly know how to use the stiff arm in this game too. Rice pounds me into the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExypKwJ6J8I

jaymo76
09-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Don't know if it's already known, but I confirmed this morning that if you make changes to your sliders outside of your Franchise, they will transfer into your Franchise even if you're already started it.

There's still no reason for it to not be in the Franchise Mode menus, or for your other settings (ie Accelerated Clock) not to work, but it's better than I thought.

Sorry Steeler. I discovered the slider thing on Friday but forgot to update my post. I like that the changes transfer but I agree it SHOULD be able to be accessed in franchise. For 13, this issue, special teams, accelerated clock, and formation subs menu need to be addressed.

jaymo76
09-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I can't believe how patient the cpu runner can be. They also have tremendous vision on cut backs. Take a look at a couple cpu runs here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdTNWdEW7Q

Rudy, Jamall Charles in this game is truly awesome. He gouged me for 200 yards a few games back. Beatuiful, smooth running technique.

umhester04
09-04-2011, 01:08 PM
The running game is executed great in Madden. I feel the defenders actually have a chance to be faked out on any given play with a juke or cutback. Great stuff here.

Basmare
09-04-2011, 02:39 PM
The running game is executed great in Madden. I feel the defenders actually have a chance to be faked out on any given play with a juke or cutback. Great stuff here.

I agree, offline CJ2K is a beast most of the times (All-pro no slider set), and online the running game powered me to 2 TD's a game rushing on average and a 5-1 Record. They mostly only account for the pass and by the time they figure me out sometimes it's too late... Normally I'm not that good online, but because of the running game I can finally do something - and that's really cool (for people who play Madden the realistic way instead of passing every time...).

ram29jackson
09-04-2011, 04:31 PM
the run game isnt good so much as defenders are made stupid , you play the Browns AI and all it does is hand off to the cover boy and you cant tackle him LOL....they may have gotten rid of some suctioning but they seem to have reversed the problem. AI defenders avoid persuing a ball carrier or act stupid when near them...this is all against AI, I havent played a human yet, so I dont know how over or under affective something may be yet...people say zones are still bad and they dont seem as effective as NCAA to me, but I do see signs of NCAA in there...Ive seen DBs point in a direction when in a zone defense.....I have it on slow but I just noticed there is a -real slow- setting. I wonder if more sim players would go for that over time ? While football concepts may work in this game, it still seems pretty simplistic compared to NCAA 12.....what is up with slide left to right protection ? all it does is let them flood in from the side you went away from, its too extreme....and I often see O-linemen run up field to block people,or they are just running up field? LOL when you call a pass play. the screen will not be a play to use often if at all this year

ram29jackson
09-04-2011, 04:40 PM

so you have to make a bunch of profiles to keep track of LOL honestly, menus and memory should be the first thing squared away in this, it shouldnt be that sloppy

Rudy
09-04-2011, 05:35 PM
the run game isnt good so much as defenders are made stupid , you play the Browns AI and all it does is hand off to the cover boy and you cant tackle him LOL....they may have gotten rid of some suctioning but they seem to have reversed the problem. AI defenders avoid persuing a ball carrier or act stupid when near them...this is all against AI, I havent played a human yet, so I dont know how over or under affective something may be yet..

On All-Pro default it is too easy to run the ball. But you also have run defense reaction and block shedding sliders to help fix it. I raised both up to 70 for the cpu and I may have to go a little more but it's pretty good there. The cpu running game is fairly weak on default as well but I just boost their stuff up and problem solved. I don't judge the game on default settings. I only judge the game after I tweak sliders. As for not being able to tackle Hillis I am surprised by the number of people that don't like broken tackles. I actually boost the cpu up. I've got my tackling down to 40 and their broken tackles at 54 right now (it's a +14 overall). When I see a guy like Hillis, Ray Rice or Shonne Greene run a DB over it actually makes me smile. I do notice that they rarely run over a guy in the front 7 but secondary people better look out.

Tackling in this game is too geared towards big hits. That is a valid complaint across the forums. Some have found that by lowering the tackle slider (and also the broken tackles to balance it out) it helps take away the big hit animations. But it may also hurt the pursuit. Something to consider.

ram29jackson
09-04-2011, 06:20 PM
while Madden moments live may be cheap and easy, they do offer fun by giving you a score to rank against your friends list and you can keep doing it for better scores online...now, this will be great if you dont have to pay for the future madden moments, otherwise its as dumb as ultimate team LOL

jaymo76
09-04-2011, 06:47 PM
I am now beginning to see the issues with weather that have been brought up. All but ONE home game (Raiders) including the pre-season, it has rained. I like the weather to impact the game but rain every sunday is a little unrealistic IMO.

ram29jackson
09-06-2011, 01:39 AM
I dont see a command in audibles to go back to original play..thats very disappointing

kindella2
09-06-2011, 09:31 AM
My impressions so far. Playing on All-pro and running the ball is the way to go like an earlier poster said its very easy to run the bawl EXCEPT against a good DT or LB. It seems like the pass rush for the CPU is a too good, there often isnt time for the WRs to even get half way done with their route before the DL is hitting you. But you can pass the ball unlike on NCAA where the AI is self aware.

Defensively, i like the feel...people make the plays they are supposed to. Either very few user picks mostly knockdowns when i take control. peeve on D is the deep ball and my CB goes dumb and doesnt move or jump or anything.

Presentation...with the exception of the team intros which JUST LIKE NCAA you will skip over after the 2nd time you see it...the rest is horrible. The commentary is stale...Gus Johnson sounds like a plum fugging fool. They are half a play behind ALL the time.

Settings...i hate not being able to change the buttons...thats stupid, not being able to change the sliders in Franchise is dumb also.

Appearance...the grass looks flat and NCAA looks better.

Overall Madden plays well but you will probably put it on MUTE...NCAA is the better game hands down.

kindella2
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Also, i have also seen the POTG going to a Defensive player who scores a TD versus an offensive player with 2 or more TDs.

Am I crazy or does the CPU NOT import the players for the draft but instead creates the Madden draft players?

MuckyPup
09-06-2011, 05:49 PM
the game itselfself plays fairly well, but gus and chris are all over the place in calling the game . Literally, at times i doubt they are even in the same stadium, and getting location right for the super bowl, whatever team is the home team is what city they are in according to Gus, lol. and its not a nutural site , the also get home field advantage . but game itself is pretty good, in my impression thus far

Rudy
09-06-2011, 05:58 PM
I like Chris Collinsworth. He's just too repetitive the way Madden used to be back on the PS2 although not quite as bad. Gus's audio is bad. It's very disjointed, he pushes his voice and it too excited. I haven't got really annoyed by it yet since I never had Madden last year so it's still a bit fresh for me.

jaymo76
09-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Also, i have also seen the POTG going to a Defensive player who scores a TD versus an offensive player with 2 or more TDs.

Am I crazy or does the CPU NOT import the players for the draft but instead creates the Madden draft players?

It's a glitch. In NCAA you are asked twice to import to Madden. If you save the first time, they will NOT import... so much for my six seasons of classes.

Rudy
09-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Here's a play action pass over a LB to my TE. This play doesn't happen in NCAA 12 due to the super swat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RstcLXIcQ2s

MuckyPup
09-07-2011, 09:44 AM
It's a glitch. In NCAA you are asked twice to import to Madden. If you save the first time, they will NOT import... so much for my six seasons of classes.

is that why the scouting report on madden doesn't show any of the draft class ? for petes sakes . WTF

morsdraconis
09-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Here's a play action pass over a LB to my TE. This play doesn't happen in NCAA 12 due to the super swat.

Yeah it does. The LB wasn't perfectly in the passing lane.

I OU a Beatn
09-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah it does, with sliders.

Fixed.

skipwondah33
09-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah at the very least thats a swat in NCAA but likely would have been an interception.

MuckyPup
09-07-2011, 01:17 PM

what what point does it ask you to save twice ? i can't seem to get the draft class to import correctly . I've said i'm a patient person , but it's running out fast with NCAA 12 lol:bang:

any help out there in doing this properly, obviously saving once doesn't import the class, saves it, but doesn't import it

umhester04
09-07-2011, 02:09 PM
what what point does it ask you to save twice ? i can't seem to get the draft class to import correctly . I've said i'm a patient person , but it's running out fast with NCAA 12 lol:bang:

any help out there in doing this properly, obviously saving once doesn't import the class, saves it, but doesn't import it

Save it after you get to the players leaving screen and you wont have any problems.

hitman625
09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Save it after you get to the players leaving screen and you wont have any problems.

I did that after I noticed that none of the imported players were from NCAA. I saved before moving into the preseason and popped in NCAA and simmed the 1st year and re-saved the rosters and it worked fine. But now I have to go in and do that for 6 other draft classes.:bang:

ram29jackson
09-07-2011, 03:32 PM
something causes you to need to reload your online pass ? its happened to me twice

BCEagles
09-07-2011, 04:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RstcLXIcQ2s
Nice post, I was wondering if that was in madden, glad to see its not.

MuckyPup
09-07-2011, 09:29 PM
ok, I FINALLY got draft classes to transfer, no when asked first time, yes 2nd time at players leaving screen. seems kinda dumb, but at this point, nothing surprises me with NCAA12 , thanx for the help guys, appreciated

ram29jackson
09-08-2011, 05:44 PM
ok, I FINALLY got draft classes to transfer, no when asked first time, yes 2nd time at players leaving screen. seems kinda dumb, but at this point, nothing surprises me with NCAA12 , thanx for the help guys, appreciated

fuck the work around crap, it needs to work the way its suppose to

ram29jackson
09-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm upset , LOL play now game...made a great endzone catch for touchdown but it was challenged...the TD was not over ruled, but because of the challenge it didnt show up in the list of plays to be able to make a highlight dangit

gigemaggs99
09-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm upset , LOL play now game...made a great endzone catch for touchdown but it was challenged...the TD was not over ruled, but because of the challenge it didnt show up in the list of plays to be able to make a highlight dangit

Is Madden better than NCAA? I'm having all types of issues with NCAA and now, the post patch stuff....I really enjoy college football over NFL but at this point I just want a functioning football game.

Does Madden work?

ram29jackson
09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Is Madden better than NCAA? I'm having all types of issues with NCAA and now, the post patch stuff....I really enjoy college football over NFL but at this point I just want a functioning football game.

Does Madden work?

i'm sure its a different taste thing... Madden at times can play tighter and faster...any Madden community I'm in, i want them to put game on slow speed

I OU a Beatn
09-09-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm personally getting to the point where I hang it up until I hear about a patch and hope and pray that it fixes the issues. Every single damn game I play turns into a shootout with the winner being the one who best managed the time near the end of the halves and didn't force the ball or have an unlucky fumble. There's literally ZERO ways to stop someone who has an inkling on what they're doing. Every single game I play turns into garbage like this:

http://i52.tinypic.com/nq2p4.jpg

I really hope they tighten up the defense a lot. They need to make TEs eligible to be jammed and then they need to crank up the awareness of the defense. You know what, if that means super swatting LB, so be it. If you have to lower the pass trajectory, so be it. I'm honestly willing to have anything happen to get even an OUNCE of defense in user games.

skipwondah33
09-09-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm guessing this was a ranked game. Gotta get away from those All-Pro ranked games IOU.

In my experiences there is defense without the super swatting LB's on All-Madden. Its nothing for the guys I play in a community I am a part of (not EA's version) to hold one another to under 200 yards total offense. This is against the likes of the Packers, Saints, etc.

JBHuskers
09-09-2011, 01:49 PM
For those who were wondering why you weren't getting the trophy for creating a MUT team. That will be fixed in the next patch. I think as it stands it only gave you the trophy if you had never created a team before.

ram29jackson
09-09-2011, 04:38 PM
why do i have to keep re-loading my online pass????

I OU a Beatn
09-09-2011, 06:36 PM
New roster update is out.

Rudy
09-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Man it can be tough to be Miami on offense at times. If the CBs jam the WRs, Marshall can beat them but Henne's deep ball is so inaccurate that you can't make them pay very often.

I think it's easier to run out of spread sets rather than power I formations. Probably true in real life too. Kind of wonder why New Orleans doesn't spread guys out more in short yardage as well. If you have a special QB you can allow him more freedom. Don't just limit yourself to PA passes out of heavy sets.

jaymo76
09-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I think it's time to rethink my custom playbook. It's the Raiders book with modifications. However, the way the Raiders play and the way I play are pretty different. I need to get some better passing options. I would also love for EA Tiburon to state exactly how effective the ranking of each play is because the frequency of certain plays over others seems off (aka two plays highly ranked yet one is never called via gameflow).

I OU a Beatn
09-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Every time I make a playbook it's a complete cluster fuck, so I've just been using New England's and Houston's playbooks. Houston's playbook is definitely better for me as I have much more balance, but there's something about throwing it 40 times a game that makes New England's really hard to ignore. Plus, I've actually found a bit of a running game out of shotgun, so I'm kind of excited about that.

jaymo76
09-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Every time I make a playbook it's a complete cluster fuck, so I've just been using New England's and Houston's playbooks. Houston's playbook is definitely better for me as I have much more balance, but there's something about throwing it 40 times a game that makes New England's really hard to ignore. Plus, I've actually found a bit of a running game out of shotgun, so I'm kind of excited about that.

Running out of the shotgun is hit and miss for me. It's all based on SPEED. McFADDEN IS BEASTLY GOOD at it while BUSH WILL TAKE A 3-5 YARD LOSS. I am actually thinking about adding some pistol formations Tto my book to give it a more COLLEGE FEEL.

ram29jackson
09-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I already mentioned this in the NCAA section but...

Just saying again= I dont have a hi def tv , but this game is still very much eye candy !

the players faces are defined and fleshy..the helmets, the jerseys , the colors, the cut scenes in the huddle, the stadium pans, the end of game copy right disclaimer made me giddy and amused LOL, the snow,..... havent played with rain yet...

I dont know that they have as many camera angles as they talk about, some stuff seems repetative..but whenive been in a few team play games for the heck of it, when waiting for people to pick plays, I can just stare at what the players/animations are doing...its great work from the creative/art/graphic/what ever people !!

but i dont like that after Sabol gets in the hall of fame..they dont put his themes in the game this year. that is a true disappointment

Rudy
09-12-2011, 04:58 AM
I like how they hide the rookies ratings and potential in preseason. I've actually enjoyed having no names on my roster and not cutting them to see how they turn out. I just started a Dolphins franchise and actually played about half of my first two preseason games. I do know the rain bug in franchise may annoy me over time (the Dolphins are one of the teams where it rains 90% of the time at home). I'm hoping they can fix that with a quick patch or tuning file but knowing how the EA football teams totally ignore using tuning files properly I'm not holding my breath.

kindella2
09-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Damm thats dissapointing to learn that the 5 years of my great off line dynasty wont be able to be used. oh well i suppose the madden drafts do offer up some good hidden gems...but really NCAA...damm:bang:

illwill10
09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Ive got to stop using the Hit Stick. I am so used to using it. Turning the CPU and Users Tackle to 35, I am see tons of broken tackles when I hitstick. I mostly hitstick when I am able to get into the backfield quickly or close to sideline. I drafted a MLB with 90 Speed for my 3-4 Defense. I actually have a better chance at a sacking the QB with him rather than OLB. But, I have problem on run plays. When I have perfectly time the blitz and blitz the right hole with him, I am able to get into the backfield very quickly. But when I get their and try to hitstick, the RB either break the tackle or whiff out. I am having a tough time at tackling RBs in the backfield, they are constantly breaking tackles.
I will boost both User and CPU Tackle to 40-45. I am not as sucessful at breaking tackles like CPU. I have more problem with Speedy Elusive backs than Power RBs. When I face a Speedy back, it is a lock for 150 yards easily.

ram29jackson
09-14-2011, 03:23 AM
its pathetic online..defenders are on you before your receivers get routes started..its just a bunch of nano blitz bull

I OU a Beatn
09-14-2011, 07:21 AM
It's the exact opposite for me. The average sacks against me according to my stats are 0.20, which sounds a little high. I haven't been sacked in a very long time.

psusnoop
09-14-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm personally getting to the point where I hang it up until I hear about a patch and hope and pray that it fixes the issues. Every single damn game I play turns into a shootout with the winner being the one who best managed the time near the end of the halves and didn't force the ball or have an unlucky fumble. There's literally ZERO ways to stop someone who has an inkling on what they're doing. Every single game I play turns into garbage like this:

I really hope they tighten up the defense a lot. They need to make TEs eligible to be jammed and then they need to crank up the awareness of the defense. You know what, if that means super swatting LB, so be it. If you have to lower the pass trajectory, so be it. I'm honestly willing to have anything happen to get even an OUNCE of defense in user games.

IOU this is flat out just :D:D:D:D:D:D as hell. So NCAA has what you say as low trajectory and super swats and your done with it, and Madden doesn't have it and you want it or your done with it.

You seem so confused right now :dunno: which one is it?

I OU a Beatn
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Me being done with NCAA has zero to do with the low pass trajectory. It's an annoyance but that's about it. It's something I can and happily will deal with if that means some defense will exist.

I'm done with NCAA because EA doesn't give a shit about their online players. As long as the goon kick and the disconnection glitches are ignored and left in the game, I'm not touching it. The only reason I stopped playing NCAA was because every game I was getting glitched when I was winning and/or watching my opponent get unlimited possessions by doing the little pussy goon kick. That's something I will never deal with.

psusnoop
09-14-2011, 09:22 AM
I was just ragging you IOU :D

I haven't had anyone pull any of the glitch crap on me really yet online and I have played about 30 games online about 8 of them the last 3 days or so. I usually just go to a ranked game play now and play.

Rudy
09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Is this Ian Cummings? Interesting read on Madden 12 development.

http://spgmg.blogspot.com/2011/09/former-tiburon-developer-tells-all.html

ram29jackson
09-14-2011, 06:12 PM
It's the exact opposite for me. The average sacks against me according to my stats are 0.20, which sounds a little high. I haven't been sacked in a very long time.

thats an incomplete answer LOL

how do you get a 15-20 yrds pass off with no time ? or how do you stop a blitz ?

I OU a Beatn
09-14-2011, 06:16 PM
I can sit in the pocket for 5 or 6 seconds every play. I don't know how they're getting such pressure against you, but all I do is keep a back in to block and then do aggressive slide protect. I can run all the deep routes I want.

ram29jackson
09-14-2011, 06:48 PM
I can sit in the pocket for 5 or 6 seconds every play. I don't know how they're getting such pressure against you, but all I do is keep a back in to block and then do aggressive slide protect. I can run all the deep routes I want.

theres a setting to make slide protect more aggressive than it is? it appears to me they already swing unrealistically to one side and leave the other open....?

steelerfan
09-14-2011, 06:53 PM
theres a setting to make slide protect more aggressive than it is? it appears to me they already swing unrealistically to one side and leave the other open....?

"Aggressive" is the "up" option on slide protection. It is supposed to spread the line out. That's what he's referring to.

ram29jackson
09-14-2011, 06:58 PM
"Aggressive" is the "up" option on slide protection. It is supposed to spread the line out. That's what he's referring to.

well, yeah, I know about up on the D pad..but i thought he meant something to make left to right more effective...if you use aggresive to spread out, does that not make the middle more vulnerable..therefore making a middle nickle blitz easy cheese?

I OU a Beatn
09-14-2011, 07:04 PM
well, yeah, I know about up on the D pad..but i thought he meant something to make left to right more effective...if you use aggresive to spread out, does that not make the middle more vulnerable..therefore making a middle nickle blitz easy cheese?

That's why the RB is there to block. All of my sets are from Shotgun and 4 receivers. I do the aggressive slide protect as steelerfan said, and then I hot route my RB to block to his side. My average sacks against me is less than 1.

ram29jackson
09-14-2011, 07:21 PM
That's why the RB is there to block. All of my sets are from Shotgun and 4 receivers. I do the aggressive slide protect as steelerfan said, and then I hot route my RB to block to his side. My average sacks against me is less than 1.

dude, i'm no dummy, ive done the exact same thing and a guy can still user rush like a demon LOL maybe theres a detail i'm missing ..granted , it was in MUT with a lower ranked team LOL ..but what you describe ive done for 3 years like alot of people..I understand quite a bit of football and video game tactics as it is..but I still think the game plays , or rather the defensive line seems fast aagainst me..que sara

lol- edited- i meant i'm no dummy LOL

Rudy
09-15-2011, 05:54 AM
I don't think Madden does a good job of differentiating between pass rush and run stopping ability for DL/LBs. I've never understood why EA doesn't have a specific pass rush rating for defensive players when they have pass block ratings for OL. To simply have block shedding, strength, power and finesse move ratings for defensive players, how does that differentiate between the pass rusher and run stuffer?

There are many NTs in this league that can stuff the run completely but can't sniff the QB and are taken out on passing downs. There are other guys that can rush the passer like crazy and are brought in on passing downs yet are lousy in run support. I think this is the problem with the DTs getting too much pressure compared to the DEs. The current defensive ratings just aren't good enough to capture these differences.

I'd also love to see a 3rd down DL depth chart. We have a 3rd down RB slot on the depth chart but what about obvious passing downs on 3rd down? Many teams have a specific combination of DL/LBs on obvious passing downs. For a team like Miami that means a guy like Paul Soliai gets removed and a guy like Odrick comes in. If there was a depth chart for 3rd down DL it would also help the cpu bring in better pass rushers for those situations. Having a full formation sub menu like NCAA 12 might make that unnecessary IF the cpu utilized formation subs properly as well but down and distance is also a factor. Just a thought.

skipwondah33
09-15-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm getting sacks against my opponents quite well. On the flip side they get pressure on me as well.

I play with the Steelers or match up depending on what my opponent wants to do. Again though I don't play ranked or lobby games. Strictly unranked All-Madden against people I know who play under community rules.

I OU a Beatn
09-15-2011, 11:09 PM
I think I've found a way to shut down most of the garbage passing concepts people online use. I don't particular like putting 9 guys into coverage, another as a spy, and then only rushing one player, but whatever. I'm also kind of confused on something I noticed on defense. When I run that defense, I pick a Cover 3 that has a buzz zone to the weak side of the formation, which naturally leaves the sideline open to the other side. When I hot route a defender to a buzz zone on the other side, he doesn't go quite as deep as he should, while the defender in the designed buzz zone does. Weird.

Rudy
09-17-2011, 07:03 AM
I believe Madden has gone to a custom slider set where it's like 2K5 and you are all on the same difficulty level but just different base sets of sliders. This is fine with a true 100 point scale but the sliders have to have some real teeth to them. Madden's sliders do not and are far too weak imo, especially when you can't adjust the difficulty level to make things harder or easier. The cpu passing game is weak in this game and it's starting to concern me. They will go nuts every once in awhile but most of the time they struggle more than they should. If I drop human pass reaction to 0 the cpu should be lighting me up but they don't. I don't know if the Madden team will patch this but I truly think the sliders should have double or triple the amount of power to them. I find making simple 5 point adjustments have only a subtle effect. If you have a true 100 point scale then a 2 point adjustment should be subtle, not 5. Especially when 0 is supposed to be rookie and 100 All-Madden.