PDA

View Full Version : Dream Team Commentators for Madden NFL

Paakaa10
08-14-2011, 11:06 PM
I don't want to steer the demo impressions and reactions thread too far off-base, so let's start a discussion here of who you would choose for your "dream team" of commentators in Madden NFL if you could choose someone to take the job.

Play-by-Play: Al Michaels
Color Commentary: John Madden
Sideline Reporter: Rachel Nichols

Went with the early 2000's Madden team while injecting an ESPN flair on the sideline.

illwill10
08-14-2011, 11:17 PM
I would really like that announce team.
I think the one thing NCAA didnt do is greatly expand on the Erin Andrews lines. Yeah see does injuries and GameTrack. But I would really like for NCAA to add more lines for her in NCAA.
Having a Sideline Reporter would be great in MAdden. She could give updates on Injuries, Players, and Coaches

morsdraconis
08-14-2011, 11:20 PM
:up:

I'd be ok with that, as long as I don't have to look at Rachel Nichols' freakish looking lips:

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2009/0501/dm_090501_NFL_NicolsonJets.jpg

Personally, though, if I have to see her, Suzy Kolber is my woman of choice as a real sportscasters:

http://images.askmen.com/women/votes_250/pictures_250/sexy_female_sportscasters/suzy_kolber.jpg

Now, for pure pretty face/body to look at, definitely gotta go with Lisa Dergan:

http://www.lisadergan.com/images/portfolio/samples/03.jpg

jaymo76
08-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Actually, a pair who have grown on me are Troy Aikman and Joe Buck from Fox.

morsdraconis
08-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Troy, I'm ok with (hard to say as a Redskins fan, but he's actually not horrible) but Joe Buck is atrocious. I swear, everytime they show him, it looks like he wants to fuck Aikman in the ass. :sick:

Truthfully, I'm tired of this requirement that there has to be one football knowledgeable guy and one guy who is just there for his personality. Why is that a requirement? Why not do this:

Troy Aikman and Mike Mayock. I'd be all over that. Two guys who know what the fuck they are talking about, get it across in a timely and knowledgeable manner and, overall, aren't hard to listen to. I'd have no issues at all with those two guys and Suzy Kolber on the sidelines reporting the inside scoop from players/coaches/etc.

bdoughty
08-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I like the Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Pam Oliver combo. Nothing fancy but they get it done. Pam is the best female sideline reporter.

One person I would like to see try sideline reporting is Michelle Beadle. She is fairly hot, seems to know more about sports than the average sideline reporter and she has a great personality.

bdoughty
08-14-2011, 11:43 PM
I think they had to remove Suzy from the sidelines because they have no idea what team she is playing on or if she is a switch hitter or who knows.

illwill10
08-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Troy, I'm ok with (hard to say as a Redskins fan, but he's actually not horrible) but Joe Buck is atrocious. I swear, everytime they show him, it looks like he wants to fuck Aikman in the ass. :sick:

Truthfully, I'm tired of this requirement that there has to be one football knowledgeable guy and one guy who is just there for his personality. Why is that a requirement? Why not do this:

Troy Aikman and Mike Mayock. I'd be all over that. Two guys who know what the fuck they are talking about, get it across in a timely and knowledgeable manner and, overall, aren't hard to listen to. I'd have no issues at all with those two guys and Suzy Kolber on the sidelines reporting the inside scoop from players/coaches/etc.

Fully agree. Mike Mayock knows what he is talking about. he could really describe the players strengths and weaknesses

jaymo76
08-15-2011, 12:22 AM
I would use a "team" that actually works together game in and game out. I suspect the pace and flow would be more natural and organic rather than the choppy nonsense we had from last year.

illwill10
08-15-2011, 12:51 AM
I would use a "team" that actually works together game in and game out. I suspect the pace and flow would be more natural and organic rather than the choppy nonsense we had from last year.
Yeah, I would like a team that already had experience working together. Gus is over-the-top and Collinsworth is boring.

Rudy
08-15-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Gus Johnson. I think he's OK but I also think there is a reason he's not a lead football guy. I personally think the NFL has a pretty crap set of announcing crews all around. I like a lot of the college crews better than the NFL ones. I personally like Cris Collinsworth. I have no problem with him staying. Troy Aikman and Dan Dierdorf are pretty good too although I don't know if Aikman's laid back style would translate to video games. It's similar to Kirk Herbstreit in NCAA. You almost have to have a three man booth if you include him as it may sound too boring. Mike Mayock is pretty good too and I've always liked Dan Fouts who has done both. As for play by play, Mike Patrick used to do the Sunday night game and he was terrific. He's done college as well and I'm not even sure what he's announcing this year but he would be great. Dick Stockton still has a classic voice and would be good for play by play as well.

Play by Play: Mike Patrick
Colour: Collinsworth, Fouts or Mayock
Sideline: Don't care

jpdavis1982
08-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Something that needs to be understood the issue with the commentary is not who is doing it, but how it is being done. They were still using the same speech engine they have been using since the PS2 era, this will change starting with Madden 13. The development team invested in a new engine this year, same one FIFA uses, but they were not able to implement this into the game fully this year, but will be doing so next year. Some of the commentary in Madden 12 was developed on the new engine, Pregame, Qb's taking the field, starting lineup overlays, DPP commentary. Other than that, the play by play and pronunciation of team and player names was still developed on the old engine. They redid and are still redoing these elements for Madden 13 and I would expect huge improvements in the commentary next year regardless of who is doing it. They are doing the same thing with commentary next year that they did with presentation in Madden 12 with cameras, stat overlays, team intros, etc... They began working on those things during Madden 11 development and we are now seeing the fruits of their labor in Madden 12.

With this being said, I really like Gus in real life games on Sunday's so I don't mind if he stays, I'm not a huge fan of Collinsworth so if they replace him with someone else I'd be ok with that. They should replace Cris with Steve Tasker, Gus' real color commentary guy.

My dream team would be Tirico and Gruden or Buck and Aikman. I don't like Jaworski.
Sideline reporter-Pam Oliver or Tony Siragusa

jaymo76
08-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Imagine if we could get to that area of dynamic commentary ala 2k... that would be awesome!

Rudy
08-17-2011, 04:55 AM
I don't know why some companies don't go the generic route if they can't get quality time in with a real broadcaster. Voice actors can do a great job.

NatureBoy
08-17-2011, 10:20 AM
I still miss Pat Summerall and John Madden. Those guys bring back a lot of good memories of me playing Madden. Al and John are my second pick.

I'm not a fan at all of Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth. Gus is up and down and Collinsworth just rambles. I wish they could find a new set of Commentators for the game. I would mind seeing the Monday Night Football crew get a chance at it.

morsdraconis
08-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I still miss Pat Summerall and John Madden. Those guys bring back a lot of good memories of me playing Madden. Al and John are my second pick.

I'm not a fan at all of Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth. Gus is up and down and Collinsworth just rambles. I wish they could find a new set of Commentators for the game. I would mind seeing the Monday Night Football crew get a chance at it.

:+1:

My feeling exactly.

jpdavis1982
08-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Gus isn't that bad in real life, which is why I say the commentary engine was the problem not Gus himself. He's actually probably my favorite commentator to listen to on Sunday's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhJpyWPBw3c

morsdraconis
08-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Gus Johnson shouldn't be a football announcer. He needs to stick with NCAA Basketball where it's ok to go fuckin' nuts of amazing plays.

jpdavis1982
08-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Gus Johnson shouldn't be a football announcer. He needs to stick with NCAA Basketball where it's ok to go fuckin' nuts of amazing plays.

Your opinion, I think those rare moments in the NFL should have that kind of excitement. It's not like he goes nuts every single game. I hope you're basing your opinion of Gus on watching him during games on Sundays and not how he sounds in Madden 11 or those rare highlights you see every now and then. ALL announcers get excited during big plays so I don't see the problem with Gus getting excited. If he went nuts every single time there was a big play that would be a little annoying, but he stays pretty balanced during games on Sundays.

I know I'm not the only way who feels this way about Gus, he is widely regarded as the best announcer in all of sports, just search on Google for Gus Johnson best announcer.