PDA

View Full Version : Week 8, 2011

Oneback
08-13-2011, 01:37 PM
=============== Colorado State Rams (4-1) ===============
Last week the Rams were idle.
This week, the Rams travel to Huntington to face the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Colorado State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT John Summers has committed to Colorado State
- (**) LOLB Bernard Johnson has committed to Arizona State
- (***) CB Jeremy Watts has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Troy Trojans (2-3) ===============
Last week, Troy lost 56-35 against Iowa State (6-0).
This week, the Trojans will host UL Monroe (2-2).

=============== Marshall Thundering Herd (4-2) ===============
Last week, Marshall won 27-24 against UCF (3-2).
This week, the Thundering Herd will host Colorado State (4-1).

=============== Iowa State Cyclones (6-0) ===============
Last week, Iowa State won 56-35 against Troy (2-3).
This week, the Cyclones travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Iowa State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Will Duncan has committed to Iowa State
- (***) LE Terry Jenkins has committed to Miami
- (***) CB Jeremy Watts has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== Duke Blue Devils (4-2) ===============
Last week, Duke won 50-17 against UAB (0-5).
This week, the Blue Devils are idle.

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-5) ===============
Last week, Wake Forest lost 22-10 against Tulsa (4-1).
This week, the Demon Deacons will host Colorado (1-4).

=============== Colorado Buffaloes (1-4) ===============
Last week, Colorado lost 54-10 against Arizona (4-2).
This week, the Buffaloes travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-5).

=============== Kansas Jayhawks (4-1) ===============
Last week, Kansas won 56-23 against ECU (2-3).
This week, the Jayhawks will host #5 Oklahoma (4-1).

=============== Vanderbilt Commodores (4-3) ===============
Last week, Vanderbilt lost 41-7 against Miami University (5-0).
This week, the Commodores will host #24 Georgia (5-1).
In recruiting news, the following Vanderbilt targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Blake DeAngelis has committed to Vanderbilt

=============== Indiana Hoosiers (5-0) ===============
Last week the Hoosiers were idle.
This week, the Hoosiers travel to Oxford to face the Miami University RedHawks (5-0).

=============== Minnesota Golden Gophers (3-2) ===============
Last week the Golden Gophers were idle.
This week, the Golden Gophers will host Iowa State (6-0).

=============== Miami University RedHawks (5-0) ===============
Last week, Miami University won 41-7 against Vanderbilt (4-3).
This week, the RedHawks will host Indiana (5-0).

gschwendt
08-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Escobar, looks like we're up again. I can play anytime today so long as we start by 6pm CT. Tomorrow I'm free.

Escobar
08-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I can play anytime today too. Just let me finish doing some offseason tasks in my dynasty, then I will send you a message.

gschwendt
08-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Fireworks explode in Minneapolis during the second quarter. Iowa State and Minnesota combined for 52 points in the second quarter, 17 combined in the other three quarters. The game started slow as the first quarter saw only a Minnesota field goal. Iowa State answered early in the second with a field goal of their own. After that the game became an all out "anything you can do, I can do better" matchup.

Minnesota started things off with a 83 yard option pitch. Iowa State answered back on the very next play with a 74 yard option pitch of their own. Minnesota returned to the field, drove down to the ISU 45 and managed to complete a touchdown pass. On the very next play, Iowa State connected deep with a 72 yard touchdown pass of their own. After managing to stall the Golden Gophers, ISU scored with 1:49 remaining in the half on another option pitch, this time covering 63 yards. Minnesota returned to the field and scored quickly themselves connecting on a 61 yard pass with 1:10 remaining. The Cyclones, not to be outdone, connected on a short WR screen that found HB/WR Shontrelle Johnson breaking two tackles before eventually scoring on a 58 yard connection.

Minnesota scored once again in the third quarter with 45 seconds remaining after a HB Eskridge dive on 3rd & goal from the 1. Two plays late, Johnson was back in business taking the inside option read up the gut and then traveling 80 yards for another rushing touchdown. Apparently dead tired, both offenses remained scoreless in the fourth quarter giving the final score of Iowa State 38 Minnesota 31.

Shontrelle Johnson had a monstrous day while running the ball only 3 times but racking up 217 yards in the process, and each rush went for a touchdown. He also added 3 receptions for 56 yards and another touchdown.

With the win, Iowa State moves to 7-0 (4-0) on the season and will have a challenge the two next weeks as they host Texas A&M and Indiana in back-to-back weeks.

Great game escboar... definitely had me chuckling during the second quarter with the way the scoring was happening.

gschwendt
08-14-2011, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVOznqp-qh0

Powerhouse Online Dynasty
Season 1 Week 8
Iowa State at Minnesota
gschwendt vs Escobar

Music:
Pelican -05- Dead Between The Walls
Pelican -07- Far From Fields

Iron Dragon
08-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Troy loses Robinson due to rib injury; senior QB Greg Jenkins's hail mary saves Troy from losing to UL-Monroe

Greg Jenkins replaced the injured Corey Robinson after Jamie Hampton came in and threw an INT in the endzone, and scored Troy's final two TDs - one on the ground, and one on a 74-yard bomb. I held Robinson out of the game after being injured the second time.

The Trojans struggled in the redzone, taking five trips and getting a single field goal before Jenkins' first TD run of 17 yards with 1:25 to play. Then UL-Monroe bombed out a 33 yard TD pass to make it 20-16.

Then Jenkins found SO WR Jamel Johnson for a 74 yard TD. Then to seal the game, SO safety Chris Pickett picked off a late hail mary attempt that was 30 yards short of the endzone.

Troy improved to 3-3.

Oneback
08-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Good game g and Escobar, that 2nd quarter was ridiculous.

Papa LoneStar
08-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Indiana/Miami OH "should" be played tommorrow afternoon. I pray we have another heat advisory tommorrow so I can continue reading my old water meter routes (and be home by 11am)....if not....I'll be getting off at 3:30pm and will either have to play a laggy game at night or use a vacation day to play in the early afternoon....I'm willing to bet we'll get it in tommorrow afternoon.

skipwondah33
08-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Kansas upsets #5 Oklahoma 17-15

The Oklahoma defense was all over the field the first 14 minutes of the game knocking down every pass. No matter how open my guys were they were able to make super reads and jumps to bat them down. On the other hand our defense played lights out as well forcing the Sooners to kick FG's and picking off Jones.

Their offense would get to an early 6-0 lead until Webb found his TE in the back of the endzone on an outstanding catch that was inches from being out of bounds. Put it his way if he wore a size 13, a 13.1 would have put him out of bounds. That would make it 7-6 before the half

In the 2nd half the Jayhawks would get into the endzone again after an interception. QB Webb would hit his WR on a nice jump ball for six, 14-6. The Sooners wouldn't go away though. The run game would put them inside the 10. They would use all 4 downs to try getting it except that couldn't convert the 1st down...but wait a phantom facemask penalty on a broken up pass would give them the 1st on the 2 yard line..unbelievable. Fortunately they couldn't get in after a holding penalty. They would kick the FG, 14-9.

In the 4th the Jayhawks would drive down eating up clock to the 4-yard. The offense couldn't punch it in after 3 straight runs. A FG would be kicked with a little under two minutes left in the game.
On the Sooners 3rd play Jones would throw up a bomb that some how found a WR between three defenders at the 15-yd line. A few plays later their RB would break 3 tackles and take it in for the TD. The 2-point conversion would be unsuccessful, 17-15. Kansas would recover the onside kick attempt. The Sooners D would force a punt that rolled into the endzone. Jones had no TO's and just needed to get into FG range with less than 56 seconds. they would get past the 50 with 2 seconds left. Jones would throw up a prayer onto quintuple(?) coverage and his TE made a play at the jump ball bobbling then catching it!!!!!!

....But a Jayhawk Safety came in at the last minute jarring the ball loose ending the game. Jayhawks win!

Looking at the replay Jones shouldn't have gotten the ball off at all. A Jayhawk DE worker his way around the LT and headed directly for a hit to Jones from behind. A Sooner LB who was in front of Jones by 2-3 yds who must have had eyes in the back of his head naturally turned around and made the block a foot before the DE hit Jones.

fsuprime
08-14-2011, 11:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/N2PVX.gif

Papa LoneStar
08-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Great game, G & Escobar....nice to see a game between my division rivals on video

Papa LoneStar
08-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Miami of Ohio is ranked 26th in the coaches poll and 28th in the AP....M-A-C! M-A-C!

skipwondah33
08-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Hopefully my win against Oklahoma pushed me up. That sim loss to Duke may prevent it though

Kingpin32
08-14-2011, 03:21 PM
RC when can you play?

Escobar
08-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I thought it was funny that we played a game in TGT OD about an hour before that, and the game went completely different. It was much more of a work your way down the field game, and I had to pass alot more. Midd Tenn ST. is an Air Raid team if I remember correctly, and Minnesota fits my offense way better. As soon as the game started I could tell that we had way better talent for our schemes on these teams. I lost my main possession receiver which kind of hurt my passing game. I still need to get my kind of players on D (more speed in the secondary) then we will be ready for you next year G. ;)

psusnoop
08-15-2011, 10:21 AM
A big win for Marshall over Colorado State 35-31.

The first quarter was extremely quiet with no scoring but in the second the Rams started moving ball. The Herd got a huge fumble recovery and took it to the house for a 7-0 lead. The Rams would answer though and tie the game up 7-7. Then the kickoff was returned for a 90yd TD by the Herd. 14-7

Once again the Rams would
Drive deep but were held to a FG 14-10. At the end of the half the Herd put up a Huge TD to take a 21-10 lead into the half. I got the kickoff and quickly got another score on a 50+yd TD run to make it 28-10 early in the third.

The Rams though continued to tear apart the secondary on the Herd and cut the lead to 28-24 late in the 4th. Then the Rams scored to take a 31-28 lead with a little over 2 minutes left.

The herd got a key 3 and out with just over a minute left in the game to get the ball back. On a second down and 15, the Herd tried a screen pass that opened up and was able to take it 75yds to the house for a TD 35-31 lead. The Rams would once again drive all the way down to the 18yd line with 8 seconds left and the Herd got a huge pick at the 1yd line to seal the win.

Great game Oneback!

Yards for Colorado State - 494
Yards for Marshall - 296

Turnovers 3-1 in favor of Marshall

RcSinger
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
I can play around 7ish tonight KP.

ryby6969
08-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Indiana vs Miami(OH) should be kicking off in about 20 minutes.

psusnoop
08-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Indiana vs Miami(OH) should be kicking off in about 20 minutes.

Good news

Kingpin32
08-15-2011, 08:35 PM
I can play around 7ish tonight KP.

I can get online whenever you're ready.

RcSinger
08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
What about tomorrow? 7pm central?

psusnoop
08-16-2011, 05:26 AM
Who remains?

Kingpin vs RC ( needs scheduled yet)

Anyone else?

Papa LoneStar
08-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Me and Ryby will try again this evening. I made a mistake trying to play at home last night since it was late so we had a 4-5 minute lag fest....he thinks he froze up....then I wanted to get some game time with my team...and got server booted 2 gameplay minutes later while playin' the CPU....lmao. We have agreed to try again tonight (7:30ish central) in a small window (our schedule windows suck....lol) and if we can't get it in....we are going to sim

Kingpin32
08-16-2011, 07:36 AM
What about tomorrow? 7pm central?

That could work. I'll have to make sure I'm not going anywhere at that time.

psuexv
08-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Vandy will be playing tonight.

RcSinger
08-16-2011, 06:49 PM
On standby KP, let me know if u can play.

Papa LoneStar
08-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Man....muthafunk EA....Indiana was up 24-14 over Miami OH and Miami had the ball on my 3 for a 2nd and goa....3rd quarter...1:32 left....fucked up a great ending

Papa LoneStar
08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
We have agreed to sim it.

ryby6969
08-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I got that pick and was like it is a ballgame again. Couple plays later, walking to the LOS, connection lost! WTF!

Your O-line was killing my D-line Papa. I have to upgrade both of my lines quickly.

RcSinger
08-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Well KP, right now 7pm central is the earliest I can play any night this week. Sunday I might can go earlier but we are going to Huntsville to the Gun Expo so it'll be at least mid to late afternoon before I get back.

gschwendt
08-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Really annoying that there are so many disconnection issues this year... I'll assume you guys tried the double-pause trick? (I have to ask)

Kingpin32
08-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Well KP, right now 7pm central is the earliest I can play any night this week. Sunday I might can go earlier but we are going to Huntsville to the Gun Expo so it'll be at least mid to late afternoon before I get back.

I'm just getting back home. We can try to play tonight if you want, if we can get the game in without getting disconnected.

RcSinger
08-16-2011, 09:32 PM
I can't KO later than 9pm central and that's pushing it a little. My job is killing me right now.

Kingpin32
08-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I can't KO later than 9pm central and that's pushing it a little. My job is killing me right now.
Oh ok, I completely understand about the job.

Papa LoneStar
08-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Really annoying that there are so many disconnection issues this year... I'll assume you guys tried the double-pause trick? (I have to ask)

Yep....we did

psusnoop
08-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Man I'm with G, this sucks. I personally haven't had to much problem just 1 user game so far knock on wood, but reading so many is baffling big time.

Papa LoneStar
08-16-2011, 09:50 PM
I would rather it happen in the 1st....both times....late in the 3rd :(

fsuprime
08-16-2011, 10:04 PM
man, this pre=season in real college football has been so good, im not sure how the regular season cant stack up :o

skipwondah33
08-16-2011, 10:43 PM

Really is annoying. Pissing me off. Its been taking the fun out of the game for me. Actually seems like it is doing the same for the dynasty IMO. I've only been able to get 3 user games in between two dynasties which all 3 were in the same dynasty but did disco a few times beforehand...then in the 4th game disco'd twice and just got it simmed.

psuexv
08-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Really is annoying. Pissing me off. Its been taking the fun out of the game for me. Actually seems like it is doing the same for the dynasty IMO. I've only been able to get 3 user games in between two dynasties which all 3 were in the same dynasty but did disco a few times beforehand...then in the 4th game disco'd twice and just got it simmed.

Have to agree with you Skip, the buzz around the game right now just isn't there.

RcSinger
08-17-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm under the weather a bit this evening but will play if you are able KP.

ryby6969
08-17-2011, 08:26 PM
I am seriously considering going to Madden if this patch doe not fix these issues. User games are why I play in OD's and those have been basically negated with disco's. I hope to find a good Madden league regardless.

Kingpin32
08-17-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm under the weather a bit this evening but will play if you are able KP.

My mom wanted me to go to a few places with her while I'm at home, so I'm just getting back right now. It seems like our schedules are never matching up right now :smh:

skipwondah33
08-18-2011, 07:55 AM
I am seriously considering going to Madden if this patch doe not fix these issues. User games are why I play in OD's and those have been basically negated with disco's. I hope to find a good Madden league regardless.

+1

Kingpin32
08-18-2011, 07:26 PM
RC if you can play now I'm here.

fsuprime
08-19-2011, 08:14 AM
ive had 2 good user game experiences in a row with G and psuevx I guess i may have just been lucky? I even only have it set up on wi-fi right now. The only thing that worries me is the constant knashing and loading of the game :/

skipwondah33
08-19-2011, 09:27 AM
ive had 2 good user game experiences in a row with G and psuevx I guess i may have just been lucky? I even only have it set up on wi-fi right now. The only thing that worries me is the constant knashing and loading of the game :/

I thought I was getting lucky as well since I had 3 successful games in a row. But then I haven't been able to get another user game played since. I've attempted 5 since...running out of patience.

Kingpin32
08-19-2011, 07:50 PM
RC can you play tonight? Or do you want to just sim the game?

RcSinger
08-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Have to sim, for those who don't know, i am in the process of a separation/divorce. I'm not leaving the dynasty just yet but I may have to.

psuexv
08-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Have to sim, for those who don't know, i am in the process of a separation/divorce. I'm not leaving the dynasty just yet but I may have to.

Sorry to hear that man

JeffHCross
08-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Ouch RC. Sorry to hear that.

gschwendt
08-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Have to sim, for those who don't know, i am in the process of a separation/divorce. I'm not leaving the dynasty just yet but I may have to.Very sorry to hear that man! Wish you all the best.

skipwondah33
08-20-2011, 01:08 AM

Sorry to hear that RC

psusnoop
08-20-2011, 06:10 AM

Very sorry to hear that RC.

Kingpin32
08-20-2011, 09:48 AM

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for you.

fsuprime
08-20-2011, 02:48 PM
RC :/ keep your head up.

Papa LoneStar
08-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Sorry to hear that, RC

ryby6969
08-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Damn RC, hope everything works out for the better. :(

Oneback
08-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I hope things get better RC, sorry to hear about that.