PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Wii any recommendations?

bdoughty
08-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I have always owned a Nintendo system but just never jumped on the Wii until now (for $139.00 it was a steal and I got the bundle with Wii Sport and Wii sports resort - hate Mario Kart and any racing game not motocross related so I chose this bundle). Also bought the classic controller just to have a second controller.

I have always been a Mario and Zelda fan (have beaten every traditional Mario and Zelda game up to the Wii) so I bought Zelda Twilight Princess and New Super Mario Bros and plan to pick up the two Mario Galaxies after I beat NSMB. Also preordered Zelda Skyward Sword.

So what games am I missing?

morsdraconis
08-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Suggestion?

Take it back! Spend you money on a GOOD console. ;)

bdoughty
08-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I already have a 360. :P

I owned a PS3 and would never go back to it. The ONLY games I enjoyed on the PS3 were the Uncharted games and I am not going to shell out $300 just to play the third one. The Show and pretty much any baseball game bores me to tears which is why I stick to the 2K baseball games since it plays a little more fast and furious and even then I only play it when it is released and around playoff time. Being a Pirate fan can make you not want to watch or play baseball games. On the bright side we might break .500 for the first time in forever.

Got to have my shrooms and my dungeons. I can't believe I waited this long. I was practically raised by Shigeru Miyamoto in my early teens. :)

morsdraconis
08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Ah, well, then, in that case, get Twilight Prince and do some research on how (or if you can) break the console so you don't have to pay for games. ;)

It's basically the only reason to have a Wii (it's stupid simple to do, but I don't think you can have a newer version of the console - aka it has to be a white Wii and not a red, blue, or black one).

Unfortunately, the Wii is pretty much predicated on having people to play the games with. There aren't many good singleplayer experiences on the Wii.

bdoughty
08-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Well unfortunately it is the black one and come to find out it does not work with my new TV (Samsung LED) which only has one input for component or composite and it is one of those special attachments that hooks into component/composite cables. Come to find out the Wii does not work with this type of attachment after hitting the troubleshooting guide in the Nintendo manual. Wanting to kick something right about now. Guess a return of a bunch of Wii stuff is in my future. :(

jaymo76
08-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Download DRiiFT Mania... it's a remake of a 1980's racing game (super sprint). My wife and I love it.

JerzeyReign
08-12-2011, 05:16 AM
Wii Mandatory Game: Super Mario Bros 25th Anniversary Edition. It has all the Mario games from the original console.

bdoughty
08-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Good one, Super Mario Aniversary will be mine.

Ended up having to stick it in the living room. Have to say so far Wii Sports Resort is a blast. Simple but fun. The New Mario is also really good so far. So many new things to get used to with all the new powerups.

souljahbill
08-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm at work right now. I can list about 30 good-to-great Wii games easily. I'll post again soon.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdoughty
08-22-2011, 10:27 PM
No need. I already packed it up and sent it to my parents house. Just did not care for the waggling and I was a bit underwhelmed by Twilight Princess. It is hard for me to go back to PS2/Xbox graphics. Since my mom loved the bowling it will not be a complete waste.

morsdraconis
08-23-2011, 05:55 AM
No need. I already packed it up and sent it to my parents house. Just did not care for the waggling and I was a bit underwhelmed by Twilight Princess. It is hard for me to go back to PS2/Xbox graphics. Since my mom loved the bowling it will not be a complete waste.

:nod:

Told ya. ;)

bdoughty
08-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I saw that one coming. ;)

souljahbill
08-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. Glad you had SOME fun with it. I actually own more Wii games then PS3 games. I think I have 50 Wii games. It's a better system then people give it credit for and a lot of the best games have minimal amounts of waggle.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk