PDA

View Full Version : What team are you looking to use in NCAA 11

Twinky34
06-21-2010, 09:20 PM
What teams are you looking to use in NCAA 11? Online in a league and in a online dynasty? and why?

HuskerBlitz
06-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Is there any guess with me? :p

Gonna roll with NSU for Season 130 for a private online dynasty to take advantage of the new Dynasty Wire.

Also using a dumbed down NSU team for an Vets online league.

Really looking forward to drop day to get rolling.

Deuce
06-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Navy or Air Force b/c I love running the option. Then I try to pick the weakest team in the toughest conf. Wash St, Duke, or Vanderbilt or maybe Indiana.

morsdraconis
06-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Well, ODs, I'll be using Idaho, Iowa State, and Eastern Michigan - Why? Because I LOVE playing with shitty teams, building them up, and beating teams that I shouldn't be beating with them

Offline, not sure yet. Probably try another dynasty with WVU since the recruiting will be more spot on which hopefully means WVU can't bring in 10 5* recruits every season without really even trying.

JeffHCross
06-21-2010, 09:34 PM
95 Buckeyes in an online dynasty, of course.

I might join a second OD or roll in my own offline dynasty with Air Force or somebody similar.

Kingpin32
06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm hoping to get Oregon in a OD I'm in. Offline, I may go with TTU, or create a 1* and try to build them up again.

UGA14
06-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Georgia, Georgia, Georgia. I can't hardly play with anyone else.

cdj
06-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm actually looking forward to a Dynasty with a smaller school as the recruiting improvements and slider should make that a considerable challenge, as well as the gameplay changes which should make it tough to outman significantly more talented teams. I haven't narrowed down the small school choices yet, but am excited for the challenge.

Solidice
06-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Texas Tech for my online dynasty with 12 users. why? I'm a Tech fan. :cool:

I normally run a 1* build-up dynasty offline, but the dynasty wire stuff really makes me want to do a single player OD with that team instead. unfortunately, part of the fun of the build-up dynasty is getting conference invites on up to the BCS conferences, and that is not available for ODs. :mad:

so I have to decide on if I want the dynasty wire and be stuck in a crappy conference forever; or be able to advance on up in the conferences, but no dynasty wire stuff.

although, I was thinking about possibly taking a lower tier Mountain West team(San Diego State maybe?), swapping another lower tier MWC team for Boise State(probably New Mexico, so they can join New Mexico State in the WAC), and sticking with that conference. while it wont be as good as a BCS conference, with TCU, Utah, BYU, and Boise to battle, it could be fun.

really been thinking about doing this. making the Mountain West stronger as a whole. obviously keeping TCU, Utah, and BYU. the weak points are UNLV, SDSU, New Mexico, and Wyoming. Boise would be obvious addition, replacing New Mexico(lowest rated team in the MWC) Fresno and Nevada are other possible choices. my thought was, If I'm playing as SDSU, Fresno would be a good choice(replacing Wyoming, as UNLV is a rival, as well as Fresno). that would make Boise, TCU, BYU, and Utah top tier, Air Force, Colorado State, and Fresno in the middle, with SDSU and UNLV at the bottom. that would make the WAC terrible though, but the MWC should be competitive.

I also though about playing as TCU under this alignment, except maybe swap Nevada for SDSU as well. but TCU is rated too high. wouldn't be as fun.

but in the end I'll likely just play as SDSU and only swap Boise for New Mexico(since you have to swap teams and can't just add teams).

JBHuskers
06-21-2010, 11:29 PM
On NCAA 10 I didn't do much dynasty compared to 08 and 09. That will change with 11 both online and off I believe. Offline, I'll roll with Nebraska maybe, then once I take them to the title, I'll switch to a smaller school for the recruiting challenge, someone like Eastern Michigan or something. I may even remove Indiana and place myself in the Big Ten :D probably only going to be in one online dynasty, maybe two at most.

iBrandon
06-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Baylor. Although for my OD I'm leaning toward using someone else and Baylor in my solo dynasty.

jaymo76
06-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Arizona St... they're going to be a bad team this year in an improved Pac 10. It should be a fair challenge.

AustinWolv
06-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Pretty obvious choice.....Michigan for the primary, a yet-undetermined mid major for the seconday one if time permits it..... SDSU or WMU usually, but maybe change it up this year.....

Rudy
06-22-2010, 05:28 AM
I've never done a Big 10 dynasty or a Michigan dynasty but with the new recruiting slider I think I will do a UM dynasty this year and crank up the recruiting slider to AA or Heisman. I'm definitely putting Nebraska in for Indiana. I've also thought of a PAC 10 team but I think it will be a Big 10 team.

CLW
06-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Duke in my "offline" dynasty. I am also going to run with Kent State in an online dynasty.

Cartman58
06-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Tennessee. I've got to clean up what Lame Kiffin did to my homeland.

oweb26
06-22-2010, 09:18 AM

you were supposed to say UTC

Cartman58
06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
you were supposed to say UTC

No, I wasn't. ;) I absolutely despise UTC football for a list of reasons.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 09:49 AM

Is BP on the hook for that too? :)

AustinWolv
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Not a big TENN fan by any means, but y'all were done wrong there and the AD is to blame as much as anyone for going down that path IMO. The articles in which players were interviewed after he left about him and Oregeron were a good read.

Cartman58
06-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Is BP on the hook for that too? :)

Sure. Get a BP claims rep up here. I would like to be refunded about $150 for that deuce that we took against UCLA and Auburn with me in attendance. Honestly, they were both great games, but Kiffin is just an asshat.

Iron Dragon
06-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Eastern Michigan offline.

Cleveland (CAS) online.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Eastern Michigan offline.

Cleveland (CAS) online.

I would guess on the mascot for Cleveland, but that would be too easy.

gschwendt
06-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Arkansas State for me... always enjoy building them up, especially in an Online Dynasty. This year should be a great challenge with the changes to recruiting and then on top of that add in Dynasty Wire. Looking forward to it!

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Arkansas State for me... always enjoy building them up, especially in an Online Dynasty. This year should be a great challenge with the changes to recruiting and then on top of that add in Dynasty Wire. Looking forward to it!

You going to start on the hardest recruiting difficulty with Ark. State?

gschwendt
06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
You going to start on the hardest recruiting difficulty with Ark. State?
Um... doubtful! I'll start with the default (Varsity I assume) and see how the changes to recruiting effect the small teams. Past years it was definitely way too easy but I think the changes made alone will make it much more of a challenge for the little guy.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Um... doubtful! I'll start with the default (Varsity I assume) and see how the changes to recruiting effect the small teams. Past years it was definitely way too easy but I think the changes made alone will make it much more of a challenge for the little guy.

I guess if you like pain, do Heisman recruiting difficulty :D

steelerfan
06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
I always play a few seasons with PSU and do a separate dynasty with a small school. I also always use the teams' default playbook. However, I've been thinking about taking a team like Army and changing them to an Air-Raid, Aggressive No-Huddle team. I think it would be fun to struggle to make that type of transformation. The personnel would be all wrong and, with the recruiting enhancements, it may take years just to get the right people for the system. Much less quality players.

morsdraconis
06-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I guess if you like pain, do Heisman recruiting difficulty :D

How much did you guys actually get to play around with the recruiting slider?

I'm interested to see how tough the Heisman setting actually is. I'm hoping it's tough enough to make recruiting difficult without feeling like the CPU can just get whatever player they want any time.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 02:19 PM
How much did you guys actually get to play around with the recruiting slider?

I'm interested to see how tough the Heisman setting actually is. I'm hoping it's tough enough to make recruiting difficult without feeling like the CPU can just get whatever player they want any time.

IIRC the slider wasn't tuned and ready for us back in March.

Kwizzy
06-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm going to run a single player OD with my Huskers & a roster I edit to make more ato my liking (players & ratings) & for an OD me & some friends are trying to get together I chose Auburn. Watched their spring game on ESPN & love their offense so I'm really looking forward to that.

Twinky34
06-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Going with the Hokies with the great running backs of Ryan Williams and Darren Evans and the Qb Tyrod Taylor should be interesting. And the defense is always strong.

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Going with the Hokies with the great running backs of Ryan Williams and Darren Evans and the Qb Tyrod Taylor should be interesting. And the defense is always strong.

I bet that they'll definitely be in the BCS Bowl running as a computer controlled team quite a bit in dynasties.

lilheavy
06-22-2010, 10:15 PM
I chose Auburn. Watched their spring game on ESPN & love their offense so I'm really looking forward to that.

That was definately fun to watch. Hopefully their playbook in the game is identical. I will freak out if they added that fake option reverse play they have.

I'll be doing a OD with LSU. I'll also do a solo OD with some SWAC/MEAC schools that I created. I'll roll with the Southern University Jaguars in that one.

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Well, I think it's obvious what team I'm gonna play with. Good ole Navy. :cool: I've done, and written on the forum where I've been, a Navy dynasty every single year since 2003. Gonna do a single player OD with them so I can take advantage of the Dynasty Wire. With Navy, I've never cared about conference invites, so that isn't a factor at all for me.

I'm also tempted to make it a dynasty of EXTREME pain! Editing Navy's roster to make them essentially the absolute worst team in history, going with recruiting on Heisman, the works. As well, just to kick a dog when he's down, I'm gonna make it a rule that Navy plays 3 Top 10 teams every season, just to get that good old 70-0 asskicking from the major teams in there a couple times a season to help hurt my recruiting chances even more. That should take a couple decades of playing before they have a chance at a championship. :D

Escobar
06-22-2010, 11:30 PM
I'll be doing a OD with LSU. I'll also do a solo OD with some SWAC/MEAC schools that I created. I'll roll with the Southern University Jaguars in that one.

What system are you doing this on? I'd be interested in getting in on that with you with Texas Southern.

gschwendt
06-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm also tempted to make it a dynasty of EXTREME pain! Editing Navy's roster to make them essentially the absolute worst team in history, going with recruiting on Heisman, the works. That should take a couple decades of playing before they have a chance at a championship. :D
What a lot of people do for that effect is called a "death penalty dynasty". Basically you sim the games for the first 5-10 years but you also cut all players over a certain OVR level until you're left with nothing but scraps and your team's prestige, ratings, etc. are all in the dumps.

I OU a Beatn
06-22-2010, 11:33 PM
I can't wait to try Houston out online. Oregon and obviously Florida are 2 more schools that I'll play with a lot.

SmoothPancakes
06-22-2010, 11:40 PM
What a lot of people do for that effect is called a "death penalty dynasty". Basically you sim the games for the first 5-10 years but you also cut all players over a certain OVR level until you're left with nothing but scraps and your team's prestige, ratings, etc. are all in the dumps.

Yeah, I know about going that route, but I really like Navy's players that they have on the team as well as know everyone's names and stats that are on the roster, so I want to play with this year's team. If anything, it'd basically be a death penalty dynasty, just with this year's roster instead of a roster of computer generated random names a couple years down the road.

Marlowe
06-23-2010, 12:21 AM
I'd be lying if I said Alabama. ;)

Rudy
06-23-2010, 04:52 AM

I'm very interested in this too. If I take Michigan I'm putting it on Heisman right away. If I find I'm hauling in the 47th best class every year I'll drop it down to AA.

In the past, even with a B team in a mediocre talent location, you would always get a Top 5 class and soon the #1 class every year full of four and five star prospects. With a great team people never even bothered going after 3* recruits. It will be fantastic if you take a program like Michigan with 6* prestige and have to bring in some 2* prospects to fill necessary spots.

lilheavy
06-23-2010, 09:30 AM
What system are you doing this on? I'd be interested in getting in on that with you with Texas Southern.

It will be on 360

psusnoop
06-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm running with USF in one online dynasty (We did a random draw from ACC and Big East's worst). I'm pumped because they really are not a bad team at all. I think I have a huge leg up on those guys. We are also starting everything on Heisman as well. They want a challenge.

The other 2 Online Dynasties I'm not sure who I'll roll with yet. I don't that has been determined as of yet.

I won't have time to do one on my own, but if I did it would be my beloved Penn State Nittany Lions!

HawkFan
06-25-2010, 09:30 PM
In my personal dynasty in which I will make online to take advantage of the Dynasty Wire will probably be with New Mexico State or Western Kentucky.

I am also looking to get into an online dynasty for the 360 where I would use Virginia, Syracuse, or Kentucky.

JBHuskers
06-25-2010, 09:48 PM
In my personal dynasty in which I will make online to take advantage of the Dynasty Wire will probably be with New Mexico State or Western Kentucky.

I am also looking to get into an online dynasty for the 360 where I would use Virginia, Syracuse, or Kentucky.

Our 360 league is looking for a Big East team.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?257-Online-Dynasty-Interest-(360)

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?356-(Xbox-360)-Official-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Dynasty-League&p=6252#post6252

Flav
06-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Yes! A Big East fan. We could use you sir in our dynasty <3

morsdraconis
06-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Yes! A Big East fan. We could use you sir in our dynasty <3

Abso-fuckin'-lutely!

HawkFan
06-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Cool, I will definitely take Syracuse if they have not been taken already.