PDA

View Full Version : dubvcrazy05's WV State Miners

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new here, but I'm not new to dynasty reports. I've done a few of these before and one or two have lasted a long time. This will be my first dynasty here and I chose to do it with my created school, the WV State Miners. I hope this one lasts a while and I hope to continue it through the different versions of game. So I'll give the dynasty info and make a few posts, then you guys will be able to post. But please do not post until I give you permission. I hope you guys enjoy this as well.

Dynasty Info

Console/Game: PS3/NCAA 12
Playing Difficulty: Heisman
Recruiting Difficulty: Varisty to 3 star prestige, AA after that
Quarter Length: 6 minutes
Roster File: buckeye02

Again, please do not post until I say you may

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Seasons in Review

Year|Record|Bowl Result|Preseason Ranking|Final Ranking

Rich Rodriguez Era:
2011|N/A|N/A|N/A|N/A

All-Time Record:
All-Time Bowl Record:
All-Time BCS Record:
All-Time Record vs. WVU:
Conference Titles:
National Titles:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Champions

By Year

2011:

By Team

By Conference

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WV State Miners Football Hall of Fame

The WV State Miners Football Hall of Fame will add three players at the end of every era (game). There are no requirments for a Miner football player to be inducted into the Hall of Fame other than 1. They must be graduated before the end of every era. No stat requirements, but it does take being a special player.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
WV State Football Record Book

This will be edited at the end of every era. If a player has not broken a record on the game yet, I will record what the highest number (yardage, touchdown, etc) that I have had to that point.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
reserve #3 (Just in case I need it)

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
You may now post!

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 01:03 PM
West Virginia State Legislature Approves New State University
West Vrginia State University will open in Beckley this year

January 1st, 2010
Charleston, WV - Earlier today the West Virginia State Legislature voted today to approve a State University in our state. The new University will be located in Beckley, in south-central West Virginia. It is planned for the school to open in the 2010-2011 school year, as it will absorb Mountain State University, who is closing down. With academic halls and dorms already built in downtown Beckley, not much construction will be needed. A faculty will need to be hired, along with a University President and Board of Regents. It has not been said yet if the new West Virginia State University will be fielding athletic teams or not. We are sure that will be announced after a University President and Board of Regents are hired.

However, if the new University does decide to host athletic teams, it could be very easy to do so. At least for sports like basketball and soccer. Beckley already has a basketball arena, which the Cougars of Mountain State University used to play in, and a soccer complex, where Mountain State University played its home soccer games along with Beckley high schools and middle schools. The only thing that would need to be constructed would be a football stadium, that is if the new West Virginia State University President and Board of Regents decide to field a football program.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 01:12 PM
West Virginia State University Will Host Athletic Programs
10 Athletic Teams Coming to West Virginia State

January 30th, 2010
Beckley, WV - After University President Jack Daniels was hired 2 weeks ago along with a Board of Regents, he announced this morning in a press conference that West Virginia State University will host 9 athletic programs. Daniels also announced that the University will go by the name of "WV State" in athletics and that the University will go by the nickname of "Miners. The school colors were also decided as Black and Gold. Men's Basketball, Baseball, Men's Soccer, Men's track, Women's Basketball, Softball, Women's Soccer, Women's Track, and Volleyball will begin play in the 2011-2012 academic year. Football is the last sport scheduled to come at WV State which is planned to start the 2013-2014 academic year. "The time gap to start a football program will allow us to construct an on campus, state of the art football stadium and facilities along with hire coaches and staff so we can become an elite program in the future." said WV State President Jack Daniels on the football program coming to WV State.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Local Billionaire Puts Rush on Football Program at WV State
Beckley Resident wants Miners to begin play in 2011

February 6th, 2010
Beckey, WV - Rob Hunter, a resident of the Beckley area and billionaire wants to donate billions of dollars to WV State in order for them to not only start a football program in the 2011 season, but to also put the Miners in the FBS (college football's highest level of play).

Hunter was a coal miner, as most West Virginian's, for 15 long years who injured his back working in the mines. Doctors who operated on his back just a short 3 years ago terribly messed something up and made it worse. As a result Mr. Hunter recieved billions of dollars after filing a lawsuit. "You know, I don't need much of this money," Hunter says, "I'm just a good ol' boy from the hills of WV that got real lucky. Since I'm a big football fan I'm gonna give a bunch of my money to the new school their opening. I'm real excited to see the Miners take the field next season."

WV State President Jack Daniels glady accepted the offer of money from Mr. Hunter and said he'll do his best to get the Miners on the field in 2011 as an FBS member. President Daniels hired long time West Virginia head coach Don Nehlen as WV State's athletic director last week. "I'm real excited to have this job and to start the search for a head coach here at WV State." said Nehlen. President Daniels also announced that he will hire construction workers and a contracting crew to design and start work on the new stadium ASAP.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Ground Breaks on Memorial Stadium
WV State begins work on new stadium and facilities for it's new football program

February 8th, 2010
Beckley, WV - Just two days after WV State announced it will begin play as an FBS member in football, ground has broken on a new stadium and facilities that the Miner football program will call home. Memorial Stadium will be located off of Main Street in Beckley just across from Washington Hall. It is now just a grass field between two wooded areas, but by this time next year it will be a 55,000 seat football stadium between to wooded areas on the new Hunter Street in Beckley. Memorial Stadium will be able to seat 55,000 fans and more as a hillside will be in both endzones. Who knows, maybe in the future it will draw crowds of 60+ thousand, as Mountaineer Field in Morgantown. Potential WV State fans look for the up and coming football program to be a big thing in the college football world in the near future.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 01:47 PM
WV State names Rodriguez Head Coach; Assistants also hired
Former Michigan head coach's and assistant's next stops will be WV State

January 12th, 2011
Beckley, WV - Just months before the first game of Miner football is scheduled to be played, the long search for a head football coach at WV State has ended. WV State Athletic Director Don Nehlen is proud to announce Rich Rodriguez the first head football coach of the WV State Miners. Before coming to WV State, Rodriguez was the Head Coach at Salem, Glenville State, West Virginia, and Michigan. He also served as an assisstant at Tulane and Clemson under Tommy Bowden. Rodriguez is a West Virginia native and seemed to be the best fit for the WV State job after he was fired after his 3 seasons at Michigan. Rodriguez runs a spread option offense and really is the "founder" of the spread offense. His offenses has saw success everywhere he has coached and he looks to keep that tradition going at WV State. "I'm very excited to be the head coach of this new football program. Two of my long time assistants will join me here at WV State. We see the potential of starting a winning tradition here at this great new school and that's why we came here." Rod Smith was hired as the offensive coordinator and Tony Gibson was hired as the defensive coordinator.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 02:06 PM
WV State Uniforms and Logos Released
Nike creates uniforms for WV State, gives them a classic look

March 15th, 2011
Beckley, WV - WV State released their football uniforms and athletic logo this morning. WV State's uniforms were made by Nike and they have a classic look to them. Some fans may be dissapointed with the simplicity of the Black and Gold uniforms, but how the team performs in them is what really matters. You can look at the new logo and uniforms on the WV State Athletic Website at wvstateminers.com.

Here's the link to the teambuilder page: http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#/school/2382884885:1312949952

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
WV State to join FBS as an Independent for 2011; Will join the Big East in 2014
WV State will be an FBS football program

April 11th, 2011
Beckley, WV - NCAA commissioner announced this morning that he will allow the new WV State football program to join the FBS (college football's highest level of play) as an Independent in the teams first season of play. WV State President Jack Daniels, Athletic Director Don Nehlen, and football coach Rich Rodriguez are all pleased with the decision by the NCAA. After Marshall decided to drop back down to the FCS just last week, conferece changes were expected. Ohio will join the C-USA in 2011 to take Marshall's place and WV State will join the FBS in 2011 as Marshall joins the FCS in 2011. "Since the decision has been made our school will begin working on a schedule over the next few weeks for our new football program." said WV State A.D. Don Nehlen.

The Big East Conference extended an invitation for WV State to join as an all-sport member in the 2014-2015 academic year. WV State gladly accepted the offer and absolutely cannot wait to become a member of a BCS football conference and one of the best basketball conferences in the nation.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Memorial Stadium Ready for Play
Work finished on WV State football facilites just in time for Fall Camp

June 20th 2011
Beckley, WV - Work was finished on Memorial Stadium and WV State football facilites this morning, just in time for fall camp. Memorial Stadium is a Dual Sided structure with two decks on each side of the playing surface. On the North endzone is another seating area. In total, there are 55,000 seats in Memorial Stadium, along with hilllsides where fans will be permitted to sit or stand in both endzones, which could add around 5,000 to the capacity. In the south endzone is the Hunter Atletic Center, named after Rob Hunter, who donated billions of dollars to WV State in order for the University to start its football program. It features two locker rooms and suites for fans who pay to sit in them. Memorial Stadium also features 6 sets of lights for night games. The playing surface is Multi-Colored Field Turf and it is being laid down today. The turf needs to sit for around 6 weeks before it is able to be played on, so it will be ready by the start of fall camp on August 3rd.

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM
I will be updating this dynasty at the beginning at end of every season. Doing yearly recaps will allow me to stay interested longer.

Season preview will be up shortly

dubvcrazy05
08-11-2011, 03:21 PM
2011 WV State Season Preview

2011 WV State Football Schedule

Week|Opponent

1|@ West Virginia (Rivalry Game)
2|@ #1 Oklahoma
3|Mid Tenn State
4|@ #17 Virginia Tech
5|@ Louisville
6|BYU
7|Pittsburgh
8|@ #21 Notre Dame
9|BYE
10|North Texas
11|Connecticut
12|BYE
13|@ Army
14|Navy

Prediction: 4-8

2011 WV State Starting Lineup

Offense (Spread)

Pos: #|Name|Class|Overall

QB: 10|Brad Stokes|Jr|79

HB: 24|Brandon Little|So|81

FB: 34|Reggie Ewing|Jr|58

WR: 2|Jonathan Shaw|Sr|75
18|Matt Nixon|Jr|71

SL: 5|Raymond Mueller|Sr|80
6|Joe Webster|Sr|77

TE: 85|Walter Crum|Jr|72
80|Rashad Holley|Jr|69

LT: 71|Junior McKinley|Sr|87

LG: 56|Grant Thibodeaux|Sr|76

C: 63|Gerald Larson|So|75

RG: 74|Chad McClain|Sr|83

RT: 78|Joel Holliday|Jr|83

Defense (3-3-5)

LE: 47|JT Collier|Sr|80

RE: 37|Eric Clemons|So|78

DT: 96|Keith Burnette|Sr|80

LOLB: 38|Kevin Lake|Jr|78

MLB: 46|Joey Sullivan|Jr|85

ROLB: 19|Jeremy Christensen|Jr|88

CB: 22|Derek Brink|Sr|82
21|Patrick Fisher|Sr|79

FS: 16|Lance Covington|Sr|72

SS: 9|Matthew Hearn|So|76

BS: 2|Kevin Ashley|So|62

Special Teams

K: 20|Chris Nolan|Sr|77

P: 12|Tyler Talley|So|78

KR/PR: 22|Derek Brink|Sr|96
24|Brandon Little|So|96

LS: 71|Junior McKinley|Sr|87

Team Ratings

Overall: 80 (B-)
Offense: 78 (C+)
Defense: 82 (B-)

2011 WV State Coaching Staff

Head Coach: Rich Rodriguez, year 1 of 3 year contract, 62% job security
Offensive Coordinator: Rod Smith, year 1 of 1 year contract, 41% job security
Defensive Coordinator: Tony Gibson, year 1 of 3 year contract, 41% job security

Preseason Top 25
1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Stanford
4. LSU
5. Oregon
6. Ohio State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Boise State
9. Texas A&M
10. Florida State
11. Wisconsin
12. Auburn
13. South Carolina
14. TCU
15. Micigan State
16. Nebraska
17. Virginia Tech
18. Arkansas
19. Mississippi State
20. Florida
21. Notre Dame
22. Texas
23. Missouri
24. NC State
25. Arizona State
61. WV State

dubvcrazy05
08-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Ok I decided I'm going to do this as game updates. Do not expect a big writeup though. I'll have notes from the game, that weeks top 10, and score to the game of the week. Sorry, but I haven't started this yet. I've been busy working and stuff. Expect an update later tonight. Oh and I'm thinking about starting the dynasty over and instead of playing at OU maybe playing at Colorado.