PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Updates 11

Jayrah
06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Please post what changes have been made or haven't to your stadiums based on TB stadium shots. Update when full version comes out.

JBHuskers
06-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Good thread idea.

Flav
06-21-2010, 05:53 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ccw460.png

Why does it look so beautiful?!?

cdj
06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Here's what I saw on the partially updated TB site late last week. I haven't gone through the new site in detail to look for more:

Alabama - Updated field art (midfield logo not 100% correct)
Arkansas - Broyles Athletic Complex looks correct (incorrect field art)
Arizona State - Updated field art & stadium trim
Army - Updated field art
Fresno State - Field art slightly updated (mid-field logo still inaccurate)
Iowa - Updated field art
Kansas - Updated field art (goal posts should be white)
Louisiana Tech - Updated field art
Miami - Updated field art & stadium signage/trim
Michigan - Stadium expansion (skybox) added
Memphis - Updated field art
Minnesota - Updated field art (missing Big 10 logos)
Nebraska - Updated skybox/stadium signage
Pittsburgh - Updated endzone signage/seating structure
San Jose State - Updated field art
South Carolina - Updated field art
Tennessee - Jumbotron added
Texas - Updated field art, correct Big 12 logo
Texas Tech - New seating area added, unsure on press box/suites
Tulsa - Updated field art
USF - Updated field art
Utah - Updated field art
Washington State - Stadium updates

Cowboys Stadium added

Possible
Ohio State - New video board, not sure what changed exactly but there is one in closed end of stadium
Rutgers - Stadium expansion may be in, tough to tell (Note: I think this was stated to be in.)
Indiana - I think this was stated to be in, but not sure.

Most disappointing is that it appears East Carolina's field art did not make it into the game. All changes like these have to be signed off on by the respective schools, so maybe EA couldn't get permission. Quite a few changes that I noticed and I am sure there are more we can't tell via the TB site.

Kingpin32
06-21-2010, 06:00 PM
It also looked like they added Texas Tech's renovations to the stadium.

Solidice
06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
It also looked like they added Texas Tech's renovations to the stadium.

yup, the new stadium seating are in.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s82/Solidice0/NCAA%2011%20pre-release/TTU.jpg

unsure if the new pressbox/suites are in as well, but considering it is not going to be finish until around the season starts, I'm not really expecting it.

Jayrah
06-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Happy to announce that the West upper concourse has been properly updated to reflect phase 2 of the Martin Stadium remodel. I was slightly worried that it wouldn't happen, based on the relatively uncaring stance taken towards the Cougs in past iterations. The brick walls and gates seem to be added, along with the concessions. Also the stat boards in the middle of the endzone have been updated. The only thing I can't tell about in that endzone is the Martin Stadium lighted entry gate on the backside of the walls. The only thing that the sign would add to would be stadium pans though, since it can't be seen from field level. Would be neat.

Also looking forward to seeing the East endzone, to see if they added a flag over the tunnel entrance, and the megatron scoreboard installed last season. Also looking to see if they added the new Cougar Monument statue for stadium pan aesthetic effect, though I doubt it. Maybe it will just be in a loading screen, that would be ok.

JBHuskers
06-21-2010, 06:30 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ccw460.png

Why does it look so beautiful?!?

It will when it's painted with red in a year or two :) :D ;)

morsdraconis
06-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Akron isn't even listed at all (appears they got screwed and are stuck with a generic stadium....).

cdj
06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Akron isn't even listed at all (appears they got screwed and are stuck with a generic stadium....).

There was something stated on them - their new stadium wasn't able to get in and they told EA they did not want the Rubber Bowl as their stadium, so they get a generic at their own liking. I think that's correct...

morsdraconis
06-21-2010, 07:13 PM
There was something stated on them - there new stadium wasn't able to get in and they told EA they did not want the Rubber Bowl as their stadium, so they get a generic at their own liking. I think that's correct...

Yeah, I remember seeing something about that and I can certainly understand them not wanting that piece of shit Rubber Bowl in the game again. Just sucks cause I really like to play with them.

Jayrah
06-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing something about that and I can certainly understand them not wanting that piece of shit Rubber Bowl in the game again. Just sucks cause I really like to play with them.

On the plus side it will be the only generic stadium in the game, which means it will still be at least the only one of its kind in the game this year.

JeffHCross
06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
That's true. I played a dynasty with Miami University a couple years back, and they were generic. I didn't even realize it until I visited some of the other generic MAC schools. So if they're the only one, it should be much easier to deal with.

Solidice
06-21-2010, 08:36 PM
I think the only generic stadiums are Akron and the bowl games that are played in baseball stadiums.(didn't double check though, there are so many bowl games these days)

Jayrah
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
I am still and basically more and more impressed with the lights in the stadiums. Not the overall game "lighting" per se, but the way the lights stand out specific to each stadium. A good example is in domes, Idaho, Tulane, Syracuse, Cowboy Stadium, and all of the Bowls with domes all have a unique look to them just based on light texture to the field. It really is terrific.

However I am also upset about the ECU field art not making it in. That mid field logo is PIMP

Jayrah
06-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Also don't know if the neutral sites for CU/CSU, UF/GA, OU/TX, and Army/Navy were in last year. Don't think so. Those will be fun neutrals as well. I wonder if it will be possible to add a neutral site game of choice for WSU to play at Qwest in the future. We play 1 game a year there.

morsdraconis
06-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Also don't know if the neutral sites for CU/CSU, UF/GA, OU/TX, and Army/Navy were in last year. Don't think so. Those will be fun neutrals as well. I wonder if it will be possible to add a neutral site game of choice for WSU to play at Qwest in the future. We play 1 game a year there.

I'm positive that Army/Navy, OU/TX, and UF/GA were in. Not sure about CU/CSU though.

JeffHCross
06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
CU/CSU was in last year. I played it a few times, IIRC.

cdj
06-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Going through the NCAA 10 & 11 TeamBuilder while watching UF-UM 2008 Capital One Bowl on BTN.

The field art on the 11 website now shows the sidelines, so you can see some sideline art for schools such as Miami and USF. If we could see more of the stadiums, I would compare those but I don't think that will give us many answers.

Field Art:

Bowls:
- Armed Forces Bowl: End zone pattern removed
- Fiesta Bowl: Added Tostito logos on upper left/lower right 25 yard lines
- Gator Bowl: Updated midfield logo
- Independence Bowl: Updated midfield logo & sponsor, removed logos from all four corners of 30-yard lines
- Maaco Bowl: Updated from Las Vegas Bowl, new midfield logo
- Little Caesars Pizza Bowl: Updated from Motor City Bowl, new midfield logo
- Music City Bowl: New midfield logo
- New Mexico Bowl: Updated midfield logo
- Papa John's.com Bowl: Updated midfield logo
- Poinsettia Bowl: Interesting as it has bowl and NCAA logos in the end zone. Will it still use swappable end zone art?
- Eagle Bank Bowl: Can't read the small text, but it looks like midfield logo still says "The Inaugural" despite this being year two.

(Next year they will need to redo the Orange & Rose Bowls as they are each changing sponsors.)

ACC
- Georgia Tech: GT & Conference logos moved to correct spot on field.
- Miami: Updated end zone art, ACCCanes & Miami logos added to sidelines
- Virginia Tech: Added "VT" midfield logo

Big 12:
- Kansas: Updated end zone art & conference logos
- Texas: Updated conference logos

Big East:
- Pitt: Big East logos added to sidelines (one on 'top' looks to be facing wrong way)
- USF: Correctly sized midfield logo and end zone text

Big 10:
- Iowa: Updated end zone art
- Minnesota: Updated field art (conference logos appear missing)

C-USA:
- Memphis: Updated field art (trim on 20s & 50)
- Tulsa: Updated midfield logo

Ind.:
- Army: Updated midfield logo & end zone art

MAC:
- None

MWC:
- New Mexico: Updated midfield logo and end zone art

Other:
- Added Indoor Practice Field
- High School Playoff Field: Updated midfield logo & removed end zone art
- OU-Texas: Added Cotton Bowl logo to midfield

Pac-10:
- Arizona State: Updated midfield logo, Sparky logos on 25-yard lines

SEC:
- Alabama: Updated end zone art
- South Carolina: Updated field art, added Palmetto trees to 25-yard lines

Sun Belt:
- None

WAC:
- Fresno State: Corrected "V" on-field logo
- Louisiana Tech: Updated mid-field logo
- New Mexico State: Updated end zone art
- San Jose State: Updated mid-field logo, end zone art, and on-field numerals/yard-line indicator

JBHuskers
06-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Yowsa, nice post.

HuskerBlitz
06-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Big 12:
- Kansas: Updated end zone art & conference logos
- Texas: Updated conference logos
- Pitt: Big East logos added to sidelines (one on 'top' looks to be facing wrong way)
- USF: Correctly sized midfield logo and end zone text

So Pitt and USF have joined the Big 12 in place of Nebraska and Colorado? :D

cdj
06-22-2010, 12:35 AM
So Pitt and USF have joined the Big 12 in place of Nebraska and Colorado? :D

I can't keep up with this conference realignment. :p I did that with the MAC, but caught it before posting.

Jayrah
06-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Ok so all those neutral sites were all there from last year. I just looked at side by side comparisons. Just opened 11 in one window and 10 in another. The stadiums just look so different that I couldn't tell.

The stadiums have been totally rescaled. This was one of my wishlist aesthetic items that I am stoked to have completed. For me the stadiums needed to be less "long" or wide and more tall and compact. Also of course the field and fan color was faded, which made the '10 stadiums look less packed and more flat. With the color being much more vibrant and darkened, and the scaling of the seats and decks, there is a much better feel for a small stadium vs a big one. Also you can see fading and clarity of field logos such as LSU's midfield tiger eye. It's a minor thing, but it's huge for me and my experience. It's not just lighting, work seems to have been done on almost every stadium for scale.

Also this year they have added 3D models of close buildings, concourses, shrubbery and other stadium foreground items that brings the immediate background to life. These have allowed for shading to become much sharper. I am totally in love with the look of each stadium side by side with last year. If I were seeing it for the first time without knowledge of the game pic, I would think these were the real stadiums for sure.

Like I said, this is not a "major" enhancement as far as the game overall is concerned. However it is just another detail that has been addressed in a positive fashion to uphold the experience. It's a really big thing for me personally actually. It had bugged me to no end how lifeless the stadiums have seemed in the past couple games. And even with the crowd not being 3D I am blown away by the positive impact it has made from the view while playing the demo. I think the crowd cutscenes have helped in that regard as well

Jayrah
06-22-2010, 01:54 AM
Also for Miami, removed ACC field art from inside the field.

Idaho. Added hanging stat board from ceiling. Recolored midfield logo from yellow to gold.

souljahbill
06-30-2010, 05:24 PM
I played the E3 build and I know that Southern Miss's stadium was updated. The south side expansion has been added and the scoreboard has been moved to the north endzone (field house side).

Old South Endzone (NCAA '10)
http://i45.tinypic.com/15cj69y.jpg

New South Endzone (Actual picture)
http://i46.tinypic.com/zss21c.jpg

New North Endzone (NCAA '11)
http://i46.tinypic.com/1zw2j2d.jpg

Too bad Seymour (our mascot) didn't make it. We also have a generic entrance in the game even though in real life, we come out of an inflatable helmet (a la Miami) with smoke and pyrotechnics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IP7oS1HBY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vfcPXHmR_c&feature=related

BPHusker
06-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Good to see that the skyboxes were updated for Nebraska. I am itching to see their entrance and am hoping EA added a stadium sound to customize the entrance music, to add Sirius to the Tunnel Walk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHmXyyL3SU

Coachdenz
07-01-2010, 08:29 AM
its seems like I have seen Alabama's Bryant Denny Stadium has the completed expansion in the game, but could be wrong.

Potatoes002
07-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Happy to announce that the West upper concourse has been properly updated to reflect phase 2 of the Martin Stadium remodel. I was slightly worried that it wouldn't happen, based on the relatively uncaring stance taken towards the Cougs in past iterations. The brick walls and gates seem to be added, along with the concessions. Also the stat boards in the middle of the endzone have been updated. The only thing I can't tell about in that endzone is the Martin Stadium lighted entry gate on the backside of the walls. The only thing that the sign would add to would be stadium pans though, since it can't be seen from field level. Would be neat.

Also looking forward to seeing the East endzone, to see if they added a flag over the tunnel entrance, and the megatron scoreboard installed last season. Also looking to see if they added the new Cougar Monument statue for stadium pan aesthetic effect, though I doubt it. Maybe it will just be in a loading screen, that would be ok.

Awesome to see another Cougar fan on the boards. I was bugging Adam (one of the developers) last year a lot about adding the Martin Stadium renovations. I gave him the link to the Martin Stadium renovation website, which is pretty in depth so Im glad to see it helped.

Sidenote: Our silver cougar logo helmet is in the game this year :)

razorback44
07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Well Arkansas' is still wrong again this year. I don't know how detailed they get but they did finally get the glass on the front of the Broyles Complex in the game so I will give them some props. However, it is no longer plain glass anymore. Starting last year the glass now looks like this:

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq30/ncaastrategies/DSCN1593.jpg

I would love to see them get that in the game. That might be a little to detailed for them.