PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions & Feedback Thread

Paakaa10
08-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Tomorrow (Tuesday, August 9th, 2011) the Madden NFL 12 demo will be released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

The demo features one match-up--the Green Bay Packers versus the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field--and allows players to play a full four quarter game with 5 minute quarter lengths. Players can choose any difficulty they desire. There is no commentary in the demo.

The demo should be available sometime early morning--typically between 4AM and 6AM Eastern Time--for the Xbox 360 and sometime between 5PM and 7PM Eastern Time for the PlayStation 3.

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback once you have the opportunity to download the demo and play some games.

JStein2469
08-09-2011, 07:04 AM
I was able to get two games in this morning before work and I thought it was pretty solid for a demo. EA's demos have generally been builds that are about 2-4 months old in comparison to retail and I think they did a good job of showcasing the improved gameplay.

Haven't been able to dig deep yet, but those are my early impressions.

SmoothPancakes
08-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Downloading it right now.

Whammer
08-09-2011, 07:31 AM
AWFUL! NCAA plays much better. Even the NCAA demo was superior.
Camera pulls back when you snap the ball and it just feels too distant from the action.

Player model look like crap. Presentation is so-so, not sure what all the hype was about.
I honestly can't believe someone worked a whole year on this game. The whole Madden development team needs to be fired.
Despite several flaws NCAA is THE game if you want to play football.
I will have no trouble passing on Madden (again). I also will be deleting the demo.

Paakaa10
08-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Before any Xbox Live Silver members get too excited, apparently the demo is a "Gold Exclusive" this week on the 360:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Madden-NFL-12-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541895f

Silver members should be able to access the demo next Tuesday, August 16th.

PlayStation 3 owners will be able to download the demo regardless of whether you are a "standard" member or PS+ subscriber.

Paakaa10
08-09-2011, 07:57 AM
And for those concerned about hard drive space, the demo--according to that Xbox.com listing--weighs in at 1.53GB. If you're an owner of an older console model with a smaller HD like I am, make space accordingly.

Paakaa10
08-09-2011, 08:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbNU-LA-PFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRqMCC-6GHY

I OU a Beatn
08-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Camera pulls back when you snap the ball and it just feels too distant from the action.

Player model look like crap. Presentation is so-so, not sure what all the hype was about.
I honestly can't believe someone worked a whole year on this game. The whole Madden development team needs to be fired.
I will have no trouble passing on Madden (again). I also will be deleting the demo.

I beg to differ. I've played 3 games and I can say safely Madden plays a lot better than NCAA this year. I didn't see stupid low trajectory on intermediate passes. I didn't see Guards just letting go of DTs and allowing them in. I didn't see passes hitting a WR in the head without an attempt to catch it. The game is way smoother. The play calling screen is way smoother. The run blocking seems to work much better. There's more realistic pressure off the edges. Zone defense reacts more appropriately than NCAA does. There isn't a single thing I have to complain about at the moment, which is exactly what I expected. The only thing they needed to do was tighten up zone defense and improve defense against the flats, and it appears they've done just that.

Basmare
08-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I always like little things and while I played a few games, my opponent was in the Red Zone. A short pass to the left complete, but shortly after he fumbled the ball. You could just sense a little confusion on the field whether that was really a live ball.

I feel that All-Pro level suits my skill level a lot more this time around, as the games are closer. I can give up the big pass once, and sack Aaron Rodgers for a Safety the next drive. But I'm just playing the game on a fun level more then on full realism.

Furthermore, I really enjoy the new presentation style with the new introduction of the offense and defense, but that will be better when commentary is there to introduce the players. Still I think the crowd noise is just too scripted. There are many voids were there's just no noise, or noise about something for no reason. With the commentary on, that will be better, but still it's a working point in my opinion.

Also, in response to Whammer and on a personal note - I'm really looking forward to the improvements in Franchise mode, as I played NFL Head Coach 09 and enjoyed that, so to combine playing and the depth of that game - awesome.

Edit: Anyone commenting on the change on Special teams (Kick and punt meters etc.)?

baseballplyrmvp
08-09-2011, 09:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbNU-LA-PFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRqMCC-6GHY

those team entrances look a lot better than the ncaa ones. i think its the moving/swivelling camera, but it feels a lot more natural than the static cam in ncaa. i like it

SmoothPancakes
08-09-2011, 09:43 AM
It's sweet to see the dynamic player performance kicking in. At halftime, I've gotten a couple sacks on Jay Cutler, and his DPP is currently Sense Pressure - Paranoid and Tuck & Run - Often. And he has done exactly that for the 2nd quarter. The slightest bit of pressure, he starts dancing around in the pocket exactly like he's paranoid, and then after a second or two if he hasn't gotten rid of the ball, his ass bails out and hauls out of the pocket on a scramble.

SmoothPancakes
08-09-2011, 10:02 AM
I beg to differ. I've played 3 games and I can say safely Madden plays a lot better than NCAA this year. I didn't see stupid low trajectory on intermediate passes. I didn't see Guards just letting go of DTs and allowing them in. I didn't see passes hitting a WR in the head without an attempt to catch it. The game is way smoother. The play calling screen is way smoother. The run blocking seems to work much better. There's more realistic pressure off the edges. Zone defense reacts more appropriately than NCAA does. There isn't a single thing I have to complain about at the moment, which is exactly what I expected. The only thing they needed to do was tighten up zone defense and improve defense against the flats, and it appears they've done just that.

Maybe not receivers, but a Jay Cutler pass just bounced right off the top of my CB's head and he never even made a single attempt to grab, before or after it hit him in the head.

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Sounds promising IOU. My expectations going into the demo and this game were what you hit on. Last year's version was a great improvement in the right the direction and was looking for more of the same this year. Looking forward to playing it later.

It's sweet to see the dynamic player performance kicking in. At halftime, I've gotten a couple sacks on Jay Cutler, and his DPP is currently Sense Pressure - Paranoid and Tuck & Run - Often. And he has done exactly that for the 2nd quarter. The slightest bit of pressure, he starts dancing around in the pocket exactly like he's paranoid, and then after a second or two if he hasn't gotten rid of the ball, his ass bails out and hauls out of the pocket on a scramble.

That sounds great. I don't play the CPU though so I wonder if it will factor in a bit when another human opponent is controlling him. Like does his accuracy go down a bit or his passes erratic. Things like that.

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm a complete asshole for suggesting everyone on the Madden team be fired.

Agreed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

GatorfanStovy
08-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Downloading demo right now for 360.Will give a short review later tonight after a bunch of games!Can't wait for this.Though I wish it had better team.But good enough.

I OU a Beatn
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Maybe not receivers, but a Jay Cutler pass just bounced right off the top of my CB's head and he never even made a single attempt to grab, before or after it hit him in the head.

I saw that once in 3 games, and I would MUCH rather deal with that happening than a receiver on a route that could give me a first down. It doesn't appear to be happening nearly as often as the ball hitting the receiver in the head on NCAA, too.

illwill10
08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Overally I enjoyed the Demo
At first I couldnt move the ball, then I changed Game Speed and Thres. and some sliders, then I was able to move the ball.
I lost a game 10-6. I couldve won, but I gave up a TD with 20 secs left. Devin Hester beat Tramon Williams deep for a 40 yard deep and then Knox finished up with a TD. It couldve have been 10-9, but I missed a FG.

JerzeyReign
08-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Whats the point of this review, if we can call it that? Full of just pointless negativity with no real reason to back those OPINIONS. This forum wasn't built on allowing some keyboard warrior earn his stripes. Constructive criticism is welcomed, trust I've exercised it slightly here but this bullshit is uncalled for. No point of saying these guys need to be fired. Madden is a great game, some people just have to let 2k5 go... it ain't coming back anytime soon. So to make the only game we have better we have to give honest opinions and realistic suggestions to the Game Changers who in turn give it to the developers. Its sports 'gamers' like yourself that do more harm than good for those of us that just want a good football game.

To make a long post short... grow the phuck up bruh.

illwill10
08-09-2011, 12:18 PM
One thing I noticed that was also in NCAA 12 is that if I audible the play from a pass to run vice versa, I am able to get better yardage than if I stayed with the play. If I change to a run play, I am able get better yards if I originally had a run play

psusnoop
08-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Whats the point of this review, if we can call it that? Full of just pointless negativity with no real reason to back those OPINIONS. This forum wasn't built on allowing some keyboard warrior earn his stripes. Constructive criticism is welcomed, trust I've exercised it slightly here but this bullshit is uncalled for. No point of saying these guys need to be fired. Madden is a great game, some people just have to let 2k5 go... it ain't coming back anytime soon. So to make the only game we have better we have to give honest opinions and realistic suggestions to the Game Changers who in turn give it to the developers. Its sports 'gamers' like yourself that do more harm than good for those of us that just want a good football game.

:clap:

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 12:27 PM

:+1:

Well said, Jerzey. :up:

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_mountaindewcodered1.jpg

Whammer
08-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Agreed.

Sounds like you just cannot face that Madden has made almost ZERO advances over the next-gen years. The game only succeeds in disappointing year after year. Compared to NHL and FIFA, Madden is a total failure.

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Sounds like you just cannot face that Madden has made almost ZERO advances over the next-gen years. The game only succeeds in disappointing year after year. Compared to NHL and FIFA, Madden is a total failure.

Actually, I've barely played Madden the last 2 years. I know it's lagging, I'm just not a complete shithead. I know that saying idiotic things about firing people is assanine.

I'm big on NHL, but let's not forget all the last gen features that are still missing.

Soccer is dumb.

Whammer
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Agreed.

Ooooh, Mr. Tough Guy. I have no desire to spend my time describing why the game sucks. I didn't like it and this thread was asking for demo impressions, and that was my impression. I'm not a 2k5 fan, I hated the way that game played and preferred Madden. But since next-gen Madden has been pathetic. It makes no sense to me that Madden in the PS2 days was a much more enjoyable game for me to play.

You think the developers listen to you? Give your head a shake. Year after year they do the bare minimum. They never push to make the game better. You wonder why the demo has no commentary? It's because it will be awful. You think the Madden team could learn a few lessons from EA Canada and the NHL and FIFA series. But even that's too much effort for them.

I'm happy if you guys enjoy the game. Doesn't bother me what games people choose to play. But for me Madden is just a train wreck.

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
The demo doesn't have commentary because all demos have audio stripped down.

Whammer
08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Agreed.

Actually, I've barely played Madden the last 2 years. I know it's lagging, I'm just not a complete shithead. I know that saying idiotic things about firing people is assanine.

I'm big on NHL, but let's not forget all the last gen features that are still missing.

Soccer is dumb.

Ahhh, you have to give FIFA a chance. It's a pretty amazing game once you start to learn it.
NHL and FIFA are so far ahead of Madden it isn't funny. Those development teams push themselves to keep getting better. Madden is always 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
As for firing them....well most of them have quit so I guess that will suffice. One day I hope Madden actually gets it shit together and really tries to make a complete game. Gameplay, presentation and audio.

Whammer
08-09-2011, 01:13 PM
The demo doesn't have commentary because all demos have audio stripped down.

Really? Didn't NCAA demo have commentary?
Regardless, when the full game comes out please post and tell me what you think of the commentary. I guarantee everyone will be talking about how awful it sounds.

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Regardless, when the full game comes out please post and tell me what you think of the commentary. I guarantee everyone will be talking about how awful it sounds.

Yes, but it was stripped down along with game audio. It's done to make sure the demo download isn't so cumbersome for those who are downloading it.

JBHuskers
Soccer is dumb.

Soccer is dumb, but FIFA is pretty fun. 2010 World Cup was my first game....it's not too shabby.

I OU a Beatn
Gameplay wise, what exactly do you find wrong with the demo, Whammer?

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
It had audio but it wasn't their full commentary set that they use. It was just a bare set.

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Of course anytime you have a new addition to the announce team there will be some disconnect. There was a lot of disconnect in Madden 11. I am sure it will be better, but I'm curious to see how much better it will be.

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 01:22 PM
See I enjoyed Madden 11. Sure there were things that needed corrected but overall I enjoyed it. Didn't care for GameFlow or whatever it was called but the imrpovements from 09 and 10 to 11 was noticable and needed.

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 01:24 PM
See I enjoyed Madden 11. Sure there were things that needed corrected but overall I enjoyed it. Didn't care for GameFlow or whatever it was called but the imrpovements from 09 and 10 to 11 was noticable and needed.

In the disconnect, I meant in the commentary.

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Soccer is dumb, but FIFA is pretty fun. 2010 World Cup was my first game....it's not too shabby.

Yeah, I know it's a pretty good game, I just don't see myself getting any mileage out of it.

hitman625
08-09-2011, 01:26 PM

I haven't been on here that long so maybe I'm not the one to say, but why does anyone even give Whammer the time of day? I've yet to see anything but negativity come from his posts.

But as far as the Madden demo goes, I had fun beating up on Cutler and watching him force passes and get happy feet in the pocket. I want to get some more games in, but I did feel like many of the problems from '11 have been addressed so far. Can't wait to get my hands on the franchise to see those changes.

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 02:23 PM
In the disconnect, I meant in the commentary.

I didn't get your disconnect sir lol

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I didn't get your disconnect sir lol

:D

Paakaa10
08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
There is some word out that the demo is now available on PS3; happy downloading!

Alex Webster
08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Wished that the camera wouldn't stuck after fumbles and interceptions. Really dislike this feature for years. In real life nobody pause the game after a fumble... ;)

Grass looks great, new kicking mode sucks. Kicking the ball feels like kicking a soccer ball after a foul. New precision kicking doesn't really work - it's hard to follow the arrow.

---
- Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Details
08-09-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm enjoying the Madden 12 demo. It feels like a step forward. The presentation is well done.

steelerfan
08-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Wished that the camera wouldn't stuck after fumbles and interceptions. Really dislike this feature for years. In real life nobody pause the game after a fumble... ;)

Grass looks great, new kicking mode sucks. Kicking the ball feels like kicking a soccer ball after a foul. New precision kicking doesn't really work - it's hard to follow the arrow.

---

I gotta ask. Is "Alex Webster" a Cannibal Corpse reference?

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 03:00 PM

You mean the brief delay after one or the other happens? If so I love that it is that way. I wish NCAA would adopt it. Can't tell you how many times I would get a user pick or pick in general only to hurdle or pitch the ball back because the camera flipped instantly afterward. Since there is a delay by the time you press :ps3tri: or :ps3R2: the camera has flipped and registered the tap as you doing so after you caught the pick

I OU a Beatn
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, Madden does the turnover camera perfectly.

I OU a Beatn
08-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Jesus. I'd say rocket catching is more effective in the Madden demo than it is on NCAA. I'm able to trigger the animation every single time, and unlike NCAA where the ball is sometimes jarred loose on a hit, I had no problem with Jennings holding on to the ball. Definitely disappointing.

GatorfanStovy
08-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Well I'm at half time in my first game and I have to say is wow.The game looks and feels almost like NCAA and Madden usually never comes close IMO.Running was fairly easy as well.Broke an 80 yard run with Forte.I love how the new presentation is looking so far. It will be a fun year of Madden I must.I just hope I'm not disappointed with the full build of franchise mode and super star mode.

I OU a Beatn
08-09-2011, 03:45 PM
I love the pass blocking. It is such a relief to not have to worry about one of my guards giving up his block and just letting a DT get a free shot at me every other play. I'm about half afraid to ask, but I notice that the strategy pad is the only option in the demo. Is the regular way going to be in the retail version?

Whammer
08-09-2011, 03:53 PM

I like the feel of NCAA better. I feel the camera angle makes you feel much closer to the action. With Madden I felt so far away that there is a bit of a disconnect.
I liked the look/design of the playbooks in NCAA better as well, they looked cleaner.

Team entrances I don't consider a big deal, everyone's going to skip through them after a few games. Additions like that are a nice touch but not something that deserves to be hyped like the developers have been doing.

Whammer
08-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm sure many of you will enjoy the game. But for me, considering where we are in next gen, Madden should be show much farther along. At this point I'm really not willing to cut them any slack, they've had too long and too many do-overs.

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm about half afraid to ask, but I notice that the strategy pad is the only option in the demo. Is the regular way going to be in the retail version?

No from what I've heard and read you will be able to do like last year which I prefer now over the way it is in NCAA

cdj
08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I love the pass blocking. It is such a relief to not have to worry about one of my guards giving up his block and just letting a DT get a free shot at me every other play. I'm about half afraid to ask, but I notice that the strategy pad is the only option in the demo. Is the regular way going to be in the retail version?

In the options I think you can change it to the old methodology. I changed it late in the game but never bothered to check and see if it worked. :D

The new GameFlow is pretty sharp in terms of visual presentation, I'll give it that.

Only played one game; beat the Bears 20-3 but it was on Pro difficulty. Presentation seems pretty sharp; I'm anxious to put some more time into it on a higher difficulty.

Details
08-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Whatever chance I gave the strategy pad in Madden 11 is over for Madden 12. I'm done with it. :)

cdj
08-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I didn't bother to watch any of the in-demo videos, but there is an in-game sweepstakes (http://allthingsd.com/20110809/ea-kicking-off-new-in-game-advertising-efforts-with-madden-sweepstakes/?mod=tweet):

If a player uses an audible to score a touchdown, he or she will receive a special code. The code must be entered on the Madden NFL 12 Facebook fan page for a chance to win a 2011 Chevy Cruze.

JBHuskers
08-09-2011, 05:10 PM
I didn't bother to watch any of the in-demo videos, but there is an in-game sweepstakes (http://allthingsd.com/20110809/ea-kicking-off-new-in-game-advertising-efforts-with-madden-sweepstakes/?mod=tweet):

That's pretty damn cool.

Koach Vonner
08-09-2011, 05:44 PM
I dont know how much they listen to the community, but "The Strategy Pad" sucks!!!
Please bring back triggers to adjust D-Line, LB, and "Y" Button to adjust secondary.

Koach Vonner
08-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Whatever chance I gave the strategy pad in Madden 11 is over for Madden 12. I'm done with it. :)

This!!!! +1

This ruined the game for me. I hate it

I OU a Beatn
08-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm in love with this demo. I'm able to make touch passes over the middle right between the MLB and in front of the safety, which is how it SHOULD be and it feels so right being able to do so. I've had to limit so much of my offense on NCAA because of the stupid low trajectory, and it's like I'm in Heaven now. :D

I just lofted a beautiful pass on a post route right over top of the MLB and in front of the safety for a 40 yard TD - something that would have been tipped on NCAA.

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Ah yes I'm experiencing the same IOU. I feel like the field isn't shrunk and that I can make all the throws.

Some are tipped that I just try to fit in but now all of them. Player control seems to be much tighter than NCAA as well. I feel in control of my player most if not at all times and that's very reassuring. In NCAA I feel out of control with player movement

I OU a Beatn
08-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Yep, there's a lot more user control over the player. I'm in awe as to how amazing the demo feels. I'm also digging the bigger ball icon. I missed several user catches on NCAA because the ball icon was so small and light I couldn't see it, and that isn't the case with Madden.

xMrHitStickx904
08-09-2011, 08:20 PM
you can turn the strategy pad off btw. This demo is very good, like the zones play incredibly realistic, like it's great. I can make all of the throws, running the ball is great and I can zone blitz again. NCAA is on the shelf for a long time now. The demo is great.

xMrHitStickx904
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
also, if you hold down the left trigger, and pass, it becomes a directional pump fake. Love it. Also, you can bring the adjustment controls back to Madden 10, just go in the menu and change it.

LWilkins
08-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Everything in the Madden 12 demo looks good…..

except for the player models. Too fat and cartoon-looking. Player models look out of place when compared to the other visual upgrades done to this game. For the first time, the player models of NCAA Football 12 look better (more defined, taller, and more slender) then the ones in Madden 12.

Paakaa10
08-09-2011, 09:38 PM
After waiting all day at work and then through my workout to get home--and then spending an hour downloading the demo and installing it--finally got my first game in for the Madden NFL 12 demo as the Packers.

Final Score
:Green_Bay_Packers: 27 -- :Chicago_Bears: 14

Presentation, as expected, is a huge step up in terms of team entrances and general camerawork. You can tell that the NFL Films cameramen who took part in the "virtual film field" have had a great impact on how the shots reflect broadcast. The "imperfections" of handheld camerawork actually do a better job making you feel like you're watching a broadcast than "perfect" camerawork that doesn't miss anything or give a "bad" angle.

Even though I wasn't a huge fan of how commentary was implemented in Madden NFL 11--I don't mind Gus Johnson, actually like his play-by-play quite a bit in real life, but the timetable was poor for getting it done right last year--it's hard to deny the role that commentary plays in your enjoyment of the game after playing this year's demo and not having it there. That said, it helps you hear some of the more "subtle" sound effects like how the ball sounds when it is kicked by punters and kickers or swatted by a defensive player; it's such a small detail, but getting it right this year does so much to add to the realism. It's a shame--going back on myself a little here--that the commentary will cover it up in the final game; I guess I'm hard to please haha.

Gameplay, generally, seems like a smoother version of NCAA Football 12. I definitely agree with others here who are saying that you feel more "in control" of your player than you do at times in the college game. It's nice to have a more solid outside running game as well, as the outside linemen seem to hold their blocks more solidly than their NCAA Football 12 counterparts. Pass trajectory also seems to be better, though I'm curious to see how it'll be represented when I have access to more than just the two quarterbacks in the demo.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the speed and frequency of QB scrambles in the demo, and I agree to a certain degree. Rodgers and Cutler tend to scramble quite a bit in real life, however; I believe there were a few games last year where Cutler was the leading rusher for the Bears in a single game. I've yet to play the game on "Slow" game speed yet, so that'll be something to check in the future. I'd imagine that this sort of thing could be tuned in the final game anyway; or, if you're an online gamer, you could just use an "Online Communities" rule set which sets the game speed to something other than "Normal."

I don't know much about the Bears secondary in real life, but I know that in the demo today I torched them quite a bit. Had three long touchdown passes where I basically just let receivers get upfield and then bombed it out to them and the defensive backs couldn't make a play on the ball; and this was on All-Pro. A bit disconcerting, but this demo build is likely a few months old and it wouldn't surprise me to see the deep ball tightened up a little bit by the retail game. That said--and I guess I'm hard to please again--I don't want the coverage tightened up too much because I like seeing receivers outpace cover men and create big play potential.

For those who will be spending a lot of time with the demo, do note that you can tweak a good amount of settings in the game by simply accessing the in-game menu after the kickoff. Game speed can be tweaked, some of the sliders can be tweaked, you can go back to the Madden NFL 10 controls for pre-play adjustments, etc. It's definitely worth messing around with so that you can see if sliders can adjust any issues you might be seeing; good way to test things and see if anything you're seeing needs a "global code fix" or can be tweaked using the tools at your disposal.

I think that's everything I can think of to talk about right now; and that's just from a single game! Haha.

GatorfanStovy
08-09-2011, 09:55 PM
so after 3 or 4 games today.Madden 12 is a defendant by again this year.It is a lot better improvement over 11.I was please to notice that the presentation looks awesome compared to last year game by far.Looks way more colorful then NCAA does too.I just hope commentary has change,I doubt it though.Again like NCAA the tackling an running game has be improved a lot.I'm just glad they have made some improvements this year or I wasn't going to buy it.This game still won't be perfect but it will be a ton of fun playing it more so then last year.

illwill10
08-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I played on All-Pro and on Slow speed. I didnt see any scrambles at all, I didnt even try to scramble. I didnt reall pass it deep, mostly short routes. I didnt run much. But when I changed to a Run from a pass, I got good runs

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 10:24 PM
One thing I have noticed is the speed in which QB's get out of the pocket. The running animation for them seems faster than ever. This is with me running outside of the pocket testing it out. Both Cutler and Rodgers seem to have the speed of Vick getting outside of the pocket to run or throw.

On another note all of my games have been on All-Madden. The CPU defense is solid on All-Madden, though I never play the CPU it is good to know.

Rudy
08-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Even though Madden 12’s demo is from an older build it is a big upgrade over NCAA 12 in quite a few ways. I played three games and it’s awful nice to be able to have 5 minute quarters (acc clock though) and be able to change difficulty, game speed and sliders in a demo. The sliders are adjustable in full (can have 64/100) although there were no special teams sliders. Not sure about that.

The pre-game presentation is cool and a bit better than NCAA 12 although most users will skip past this stuff quickly over time. No commentary in the demo but it has stats! After every play a new stat is posted by the score. Take note NCAA! Stat overlays also come up and they don’t wait for 50 or 100 yard intervals either! There is a half time show although only 4 replays are shown and two of them were cut scenes. That could use some work – maybe 5 plays and only 1 cut scene. The varying camera angles and replays while calling plays keeps it fresh.

Overall the game is really smooth and looked good. It plays a lot smoother than NCAA 12. The feel of the players is a lot better than NCAA. They have more weight and momentum and it feels a lot better than NCAA’s spastic and twitchy player movement. Also the pass speeds are a lot slower. These two things make playing pass defence rewarding as a LB or DB. I was actually playing as a CB in the slot and felt I could actually cover guys! I’ve never been able to do this in next gen NCAA since the player movement/control has been so twitchy and unrealistic. The juke move is toned down but I actually used it with a returner to beat someone in the open field because defenders have more momentum and can’t mirror my every move.

The slower pass speeds do force you to get rid of the ball a bit sooner on offence but it also appears the game allows you to release the ball sooner, almost before a receiver break,s without leading them into a streak. I’ll have to play with this a little more but it appears route based passing may almost be in there. I did find it hard to complete passes near the sideline. Even open receivers don’t keep their feet in bounds very well. I did throw a crossing route to a WR over the middle and another defender in the area didn’t attempt to make a play on it. It looks like head tracking may work in Madden. LB swats are still there to a degree but definitely toned down from NCAA. I was able to drop a seam route to a TE over a LB without seeing the dreaded swat. I didn’t see DBs magically jumping routes at light speed for picks either.

The new kick meter and camera angles are nice. My only complaint is that the button presses on the kick meter seem a bit laggy. You really have to hit the button hard to get it to register.

My biggest complaint is the crappy camera angle. It’s a little too zoomed out and it’s really bad on the running plays. The NCAA camera is a lot better imo. That’s about the only area I can say NCAA 12 is better than Madden 12. It just feels like Madden 12 is designed for prime time – the #1 matchup on the schedule while NCAA 12 is the #7 matchup on the schedule that didn’t get the love in production.

Rudy
08-09-2011, 10:27 PM
How do you turn off that awful strategy pad? I didn't see it in the options?

And I agree with skip that the field seems more open when passing. I'm not sure what it is but it feels different.

DTs may be overpowered compared to DEs. Something to keep an eye on as Pickett was sacking the QB like crazy - either with me or against me.

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Rudy go to Game Options at the pause screen. Then Strategy Pad Links. Turn it to On

Rudy
08-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Rudy go to Game Options at the pause screen. Then Strategy Pad Links. Turn it to On

Thanks!

Paakaa10
08-09-2011, 10:49 PM
My biggest complaint is the crappy camera angle. It’s a little too zoomed out and it’s really bad on the running plays. The NCAA camera is a lot better imo. That’s about the only area I can say NCAA 12 is better than Madden 12. It just feels like Madden 12 is designed for prime time – the #1 matchup on the schedule while NCAA 12 is the #7 matchup on the schedule that didn’t get the love in production.

I also prefer the closer camera angle of NCAA Football 12, though I believe that Madden NFL 12's camera is closer to the field than Madden NFL 11's was. Do note that there are multiple camera angles in the final build--though I don't know all of them and you can't view them in the demo--which you can see when you go into the demo settings; unfortunately, the demo seems locked to the single default angle.

I OU a Beatn
08-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I agree about the camera. It's the only thing I've seen so far that I like with NCAA more. Hopefully it can be changed and the changes work for online as well.

skipwondah33
08-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Don't see what it can't be changed in the game. That will also take into effect online as well I believe.

jaymo76
08-10-2011, 12:44 AM
I wrote a really long write-up and posted but it didn't go through and is now gone.... so I will give you the coles notes version. Based on two games Madden 12 is awesome, absolutely awesome. Saying this is a polished version of NCAA 12 is frankly an insult to polish! This game looks and feels far superior to NCAA. All you need to do is play a demo or real game of NCAA 12 then Madden 12 demo then NCAA again. Honestly I will have to force myself to play NCAA tonight because I am so impressed with the demo. Madden has hit it out of the park. With the exception of Gus Johnson, I am so insanely pumped for this game.

Simply put, the Madden team may have put 2k arguments to bed. I am an NCAA guy first and always BUT early signs (plus franhcise improvements) may make Madden 12 my game of choice this year. NCAA is good... Madden is superior. From a distance (and on my 50' HD) this game looks real. Wow... just wow!

Basmare
08-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Anybody noticing that the QB isn't getting rid of the ball anymore that often while getting sacked?

umhester04
08-10-2011, 01:19 AM
After waiting all day at work and then through my workout to get home--and then spending an hour downloading the demo and installing it--finally got my first game in for the Madden NFL 12 demo as the Packers.

Final Score
:Green_Bay_Packers: 27 -- :Chicago_Bears: 14

Presentation, as expected, is a huge step up in terms of team entrances and general camerawork. You can tell that the NFL Films cameramen who took part in the "virtual film field" have had a great impact on how the shots reflect broadcast. The "imperfections" of handheld camerawork actually do a better job making you feel like you're watching a broadcast than "perfect" camerawork that doesn't miss anything or give a "bad" angle.

Even though I wasn't a huge fan of how commentary was implemented in Madden NFL 11--I don't mind Gus Johnson, actually like his play-by-play quite a bit in real life, but the timetable was poor for getting it done right last year--it's hard to deny the role that commentary plays in your enjoyment of the game after playing this year's demo and not having it there. That said, it helps you hear some of the more "subtle" sound effects like how the ball sounds when it is kicked by punters and kickers or swatted by a defensive player; it's such a small detail, but getting it right this year does so much to add to the realism. It's a shame--going back on myself a little here--that the commentary will cover it up in the final game; I guess I'm hard to please haha.

Gameplay, generally, seems like a smoother version of NCAA Football 12. I definitely agree with others here who are saying that you feel more "in control" of your player than you do at times in the college game. It's nice to have a more solid outside running game as well, as the outside linemen seem to hold their blocks more solidly than their NCAA Football 12 counterparts. Pass trajectory also seems to be better, though I'm curious to see how it'll be represented when I have access to more than just the two quarterbacks in the demo.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the speed and frequency of QB scrambles in the demo, and I agree to a certain degree. Rodgers and Cutler tend to scramble quite a bit in real life, however; I believe there were a few games last year where Cutler was the leading rusher for the Bears in a single game. I've yet to play the game on "Slow" game speed yet, so that'll be something to check in the future. I'd imagine that this sort of thing could be tuned in the final game anyway; or, if you're an online gamer, you could just use an "Online Communities" rule set which sets the game speed to something other than "Normal."

I don't know much about the Bears secondary in real life, but I know that in the demo today I torched them quite a bit. Had three long touchdown passes where I basically just let receivers get upfield and then bombed it out to them and the defensive backs couldn't make a play on the ball; and this was on All-Pro. A bit disconcerting, but this demo build is likely a few months old and it wouldn't surprise me to see the deep ball tightened up a little bit by the retail game. That said--and I guess I'm hard to please again--I don't want the coverage tightened up too much because I like seeing receivers outpace cover men and create big play potential.

For those who will be spending a lot of time with the demo, do note that you can tweak a good amount of settings in the game by simply accessing the in-game menu after the kickoff. Game speed can be tweaked, some of the sliders can be tweaked, you can go back to the Madden NFL 10 controls for pre-play adjustments, etc. It's definitely worth messing around with so that you can see if sliders can adjust any issues you might be seeing; good way to test things and see if anything you're seeing needs a "global code fix" or can be tweaked using the tools at your disposal.

I think that's everything I can think of to talk about right now; and that's just from a single game! Haha.

For presentation, I also noticed that the actual sound of the tackle is far superior in this madden demo than in NCAA. In NCAA it sounds like a sonic boom (sarcasm) while in madden you can actually hear helmets and pads popping. It really is amazing and adds so much to the realism factor.

Also about the scrambles, people are saying that rodgers looks like mike vick when he scrambles, but I personally think that is because the game speed on Normal is WAY too fast. At least for my liking. When I play on Very Slow the game just feels right to me. The QBs dont look like they are running 100mph all over the place and the general pace of the gae is much more realistic IMO.

jaymo76
08-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Slow or very slow are the only way to play IMO. Normal feels like warp speed.

umhester04
08-10-2011, 01:30 AM
I wrote a really long write-up and posted but it didn't go through and is now gone.... so I will give you the coles notes version. Based on two games Madden 12 is awesome, absolutely awesome. Saying this is a polished version of NCAA 12 is frankly an insult to polish! This game looks and feels far superior to NCAA. All you need to do is play a demo or real game of NCAA 12 then Madden 12 demo then NCAA again. Honestly I will have to force myself to play NCAA tonight because I am so impressed with the demo. Madden has hit it out of the park. With the exception of Gus Johnson, I am so insanely pumped for this game.

Simply put, the Madden team may have put 2k arguments to bed. I am an NCAA guy first and always BUT early signs (plus franhcise improvements) may make Madden 12 my game of choice this year. NCAA is good... Madden is superior. From a distance (and on my 50' HD) this game looks real. Wow... just wow!

100% agreed with you on this one man, its just a really good feeling that this game is going in the right direction. The presence of an actual NFL broadcast ALONE makes this game stand out more than any Madden IMO in the presentation department. People love this because everyone on sunday is watching the NFL, and once they go play madden they see basically a replica of what they just saw on sunday. The immersion factor in this game is unbelievable. The entrances are fresh and I for one have not been to an NFL game, but I see bits and pieces of entrances so to see these in the game with this ammount of detail is great. When the bears run out as a team as the flag is being run out beside them and they are all pumped up it makes you feel like your there and it got me pumped up a little bit to play the game.

I believe that the gameplay will hold its own this year too from playing the demo, and if the gameplay can hold its own along with this presentation and camera work being as good and trie to life as it is now then this game will stay in the console for a very long time.

EDIT: COMPLETELY forgot about the new franchise additions too. Add these in and this game might be in the running for sports game of the year (probably not finishing in first place but still it might be up there)

Heres to hoping they called the exterminator before this game ships...

Alex Webster
08-10-2011, 01:52 AM
I gotta ask. Is "Alex Webster" a Cannibal Corpse reference?

Sorry, I'd say my nickname is a tribute to the maybe best bass guitar player. As far as I know Alex plays console games but I don't know his real nickname.

---

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Sorry, I'd say my nickname is a tribute to the maybe best bass guitar player. As far as I know Alex plays console games but I don't know his real nickname.

---

Sorry for what? Lol.

steelerfan
08-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Slow or very slow are the only way to play IMO. Normal feels like warp speed.

Slow. +1

Rudy
08-10-2011, 05:27 AM
I can't play on Normal speed either. Slow in both games feels a lot better.

skipwondah33
08-10-2011, 07:18 AM
I can't play Normal speed on NCAA but I can on Madden since I am in full control of my player and because the ball doesn't move near the speed of light.

psusnoop
08-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Yeah, Madden does the turnover camera perfectly.

For me I think the Camera change and pause gives the user an unrealistic advantage on the INT's. I mean you get that brief second to look where the defenders are and already have an advantage over the other team.

To me with NCAA that quick change over is more realistic in that you make a play and your "live" right then and there and have to make quick decisions without seeing the field more.

For those that hurdle or I have even heard of pitching the ball backwards seems silly. Once you go for the pick :ps3tri: there is no reason to continue pushing :ps3tri: or even to hit :ps3L2: anymore. Unless of course your using strafe to make your pick which is an entirely different can of worms on that front.

skipwondah33
08-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Snoop the thing is the delay from when you as a user wants to intercept the ball doesn't register until the interception has already happened thus making you pitch or hurdle. Unless you want the CPU to have to do everything then you won't have that issue I guess. There have been countless times where I have hurdled after getting a pick, then got hit in the air and fumbled.

Maybe if the ball speed wasn't moving the speed of sound I wouldn't have the problem I guess.

And if Madden just because you have that delay doesn't mean you have an unfair advantage by it pausing. You still don't know where players are going to go or the way they will block. I will say this I've never hurdled or pitched a ball back after a user pick in Madden. There have been times where I've actually ran backwards or just froze in NCAA because the camera angle rotates so fast and me running backwards to pick a ball off thus turned into me running the wrong way.

In Madden you still have to make quick decisions after the play resumes and by no means does it mean it will be an automatic TD

xMrHitStickx904
08-10-2011, 10:42 AM
The demo does play fast, but it's slow compared to NCAA, I think it's fine. I do see where Ram and Rudy are coming from though, I think it's to simulate the fast speed of real life. At any rate, it doesn't feel that fast to me, probably because the zones play the way they are supposed to, and finding the holes in the zone is more rewarding in the Madden demo, than the NCAA retail copy.

psusnoop
08-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Snoop the thing is the delay from when you as a user wants to intercept the ball doesn't register until the interception has already happened thus making you pitch or hurdle. Unless you want the CPU to have to do everything then you won't have that issue I guess. There have been countless times where I have hurdled after getting a pick, then got hit in the air and fumbled.

Maybe if the ball speed wasn't moving the speed of sound I wouldn't have the problem I guess.

And if Madden just because you have that delay doesn't mean you have an unfair advantage by it pausing. You still don't know where players are going to go or the way they will block. I will say this I've never hurdled or pitched a ball back after a user pick in Madden. There have been times where I've actually ran backwards or just froze in NCAA because the camera angle rotates so fast and me running backwards to pick a ball off thus turned into me running the wrong way.

In Madden you still have to make quick decisions after the play resumes and by no means does it mean it will be an automatic TD

No I didn't mean it would be an automatic TD either really, just that it seemed to give me just that little bit of time to see if there was a player coming from my blindside that's all.

For NCAA I can't think of any times that I've pitched the ball backwards and if I'm thinking correctly the hurdle has only happened when I'm hammering the :ps3tri:

Just seems more natural to me on NCAA then on the Madden game.

skipwondah33
08-10-2011, 11:09 AM
The demo does play fast, but it's slow compared to NCAA, I think it's fine. I do see where Ram and Rudy are coming from though, I think it's to simulate the fast speed of real life. At any rate, it doesn't feel that fast to me, probably because the zones play the way they are supposed to, and finding the holes in the zone is more rewarding in the Madden demo, than the NCAA retail copy.

Same here. When I go back to play NCAA I have to get readjusted to the speed again and not being able to control my player as well.

For NCAA I can't think of any times that I've pitched the ball backwards and if I'm thinking correctly the hurdle has only happened when I'm hammering the :ps3tri:

Just seems more natural to me on NCAA then on the Madden game.

I think know why NCAA did it the way they did. A few versions ago there were complaints that too many interceptions turned into TD's. For one it was because zone coverage was insane though.

Well the speed moves so quick that timing when to press :ps3tri: can be a bit tricky. If you press it too soon your guy will throw his hands up way before the ball arrives. If you do it too late then the CPU will have likely already made the interception for you then go into the hurdle information. Of course that all happens at a blink of an eye so by the time there is an interception the game doesn't register your button press until the pick has happened. I'm the type of person that tries to click on and user defend plays if all possible. When the ball goes in the air towards a receiver I click on and press :ps3tri: if I have a defender around.

Again maybe if the speed was bumped down I wouldn't have this problem but 9 times out of 10 I'm hurdling, pitching or running the wrong way briefly when I intercept a ball. The player control being so off doesn't help either IMO.

coogrfan
08-10-2011, 11:16 AM

In real life the world doesn't rotate 180 degrees around the ballcarrier after a turnover either.

I'm old enough to have played Madden on the Genesis before EA added the pause on turnovers; in that game after getting an interception you would inevitably wind up running in a circle as the world instantly rotated around the defender...or even worse running towards your own goal line.

illwill10
08-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Anyone try messing with CPU Reaction Sliders?
It made a big difference in gameplay. I tried a game on All-Pro and setting CPU reactions to 0. Was able to exploit the defense easiliy. But didnt see any Super LBs or Physic DB.
I am thinking 25-40 would be a good setting where it is tough but less Super LBs or Physic DBs

jaymo76
08-10-2011, 04:23 PM
I maxed PENALTY sliders to 100 this morning.... IDENTICAL to NCAA 12. :( Things like pass interference are one in a million). Oh well, small blemish on an otherwise excellent demo.

P.S. That kick camera/new kicking system and I are not the best of friends... lol. I am 1-4 on field goals and 3-5 on extra points.

illwill10
08-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I maxed PENALTY sliders to 100 this morning.... IDENTICAL to NCAA 12. :( Things like pass interference are one in a million). Oh well, small blemish on an otherwise excellent demo.
Beside PI, I didnt see problems with penalty. I put Roughin passer at 60 and I see it 2-4 times a game

I OU a Beatn
08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I'm going to say there's something fucked up with the kicking system. It seems like if you get full power, it wont let you click the damn thing on it's accuracy causing a wild kick. I don't know if that's intentional or it requires absolutely perfect timing, but it's annoying.

skipwondah33
08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I'm going to say there's something fucked up with the kicking system. It seems like if you get full power, it wont let you click the damn thing on it's accuracy causing a wild kick. I don't know if that's intentional or it requires absolutely perfect timing, but it's annoying.

I would guess it works like the more power you get the more difficult it is to kick with high accuracy. Realistically that is how it should be in my opinion. The kick game has been too easy for years so that would make it little tougher I would think. I could routinely kick 60 yarders with Garret Hartley of the Saints easily last version. And the kick stick was even easier than that a few years ago

Rudy
08-10-2011, 06:46 PM
There is something goofy about the button press not registering on some kicks. Not sure but it's weird. Why are there no special teams sliders in the game? Hopefully we'll be able to tune the human separate from the cpu. I think the last couple Madden's only had global sliders for some dumb reason.

Here's a serious question about camera angles. Why can't both Madden and NCAA share the camera code and let everyone play with any of the cameras in either game? Is it that hard to import the camera code from the other team? The NCAA camera kicks the Madden cam's ass. Madden may have 4 options (not sure) but they should add a 5th and call it NCAA. Just steal the code and patch it in.

skipwondah33
08-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Rudy you could change both the human and CPU sliders to my knowledge. Im pretty sure I did when I messed around in an offline dynasty because I would take the Cpu's pass rush and pass blocking down but leave mine as is

Rudy
08-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Rudy you could change both the human and CPU sliders to my knowledge. Im pretty sure I did when I messed around in an offline dynasty because I would take the Cpu's pass rush and pass blocking down but leave mine as is

I meant the special teams sliders like FGA were global sliders (at least in Madden 10). They were the only ones that weren't separate if I remember correctly.

One thing is becoming painfully clear to me. I'm terrible at passing the ball. NCAA 12 or M12 - I suck. I'm going to have to swallow some pride and reduce the cpu pass defence. But that damn Pickett on GB is unstoppable on the pass rush.

illwill10
08-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I meant the special teams sliders like FGA were global sliders (at least in Madden 10). They were the only ones that weren't separate if I remember correctly.

One thing is becoming painfully clear to me. I'm terrible at passing the ball. NCAA 12 or M12 - I suck. I'm going to have to swallow some pride and reduce the cpu pass defence. But that damn Pickett on GB is unstoppable on the pass rush.
You can also lower CPU Pass Reaction. Makes huge difference

morsdraconis
08-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I guess I might download the demo tonight. :dunno:

bdoughty
08-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Already deleted the demo, I got my little taste and it will be back to NCAA until the retail game comes out. Pretty much what I expected and no real complaints.

I OU a Beatn
08-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I shouldn't have ever touched the demo. It's completely ruined NCAA for me. Now I have a long ass 3 weeks to wait for it. Bummer.

jaymo76
08-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Listening to some of the people at OS.... what is wrong with these people (staff writiers included)??? The demo is being ripped... why??? This is a truly excellent offering from the Madden team and I say that in all honesty because I have ripped Madden for years and frankly would have preferred 2k to have the license. You have to give credit where credit is due... the game looks freaking amazing hands down the best sports visuals in gaming history IMO. That combined with solid/fun gameplay (yes there are issues but whatever) makes this an excellent demo. The franchise mode changes (assuming they work) has me absolutely pumped for this release.

xMrHitStickx904
08-11-2011, 01:19 AM
yeah, it's funny cause apparently there are 32 unique camera angles based on the stadium you play in. hopefully they have classic as a option and i'll just leave it at that. But OS ripping the demo ... that's insanity to me.

umhester04
08-11-2011, 02:20 AM
yeah, it's funny cause apparently there are 32 unique camera angles based on the stadium you play in. hopefully they have classic as a option and i'll just leave it at that. But OS ripping the demo ... that's insanity to me.

I believe those are only for presentation purposes (things like how they use the field goal camera)

umhester04
08-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Listening to some of the people at OS.... what is wrong with these people (staff writiers included)??? The demo is being ripped... why??? This is a truly excellent offering from the Madden team and I say that in all honesty because I have ripped Madden for years and frankly would have preferred 2k to have the license. You have to give credit where credit is due... the game looks freaking amazing hands down the best sports visuals in gaming history IMO. That combined with solid/fun gameplay (yes there are issues but whatever) makes this an excellent demo. The franchise mode changes (assuming they work) has me absolutely pumped for this release.

Once again I agree with you. Kinda suprised at that roundtable chat because of 1.) how high they were on NCAA and to me this demo plays better than ncaa's retail (on slow or very slow speed of course) and 2.) I am hearing that this demo is from an early build in May. Shouldn't they know that before they start ripping the game apart?

EDIT: My only gripe with this demo (well, the only one I cannot fix via sliders) is the Punt Return Blocking, it just isn't there. Does anyone have an idea if this is going to be the case in the final build?

Rudy
08-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Once again I agree with you. Kinda suprised at that roundtable chat because of 1.) how high they were on NCAA and to me this demo plays better than ncaa's retail (on slow or very slow speed of course) and 2.) I am hearing that this demo is from an early build in May. Shouldn't they know that before they start ripping the game apart?

I saw a couple of complaints in the roundtable about the speed of the game. Hello McFly?! You can adjust the game speed of the demo! A couple of the guys were really high on NCAA initially so I wonder if they are being fair or not.

Maybe a CD guy can answer this but why does NCAA only have 2 minute quarters and no options like game speed and sliders? Those options really help the Madden demo although no commentary kind of sucks. But I'll take a longer game with true options over commentary.

skipwondah33
08-11-2011, 07:18 AM
THe funny thing is Madden's default speed is slower than NCAA's default speed in my opinion. We can't forget that playing offline is a different animal than playing online. The game seems to play differently online than it does when your playing offline. I believe it moves a bit faster or atleast the CPU does.

I think the majority over there agreed with EA setting all online games to Slow speed with the '10 version.

hitman625
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Already deleted the demo, I got my little taste and it will be back to NCAA until the retail game comes out. Pretty much what I expected and no real complaints.

This! :up:

I started to play another game this morning before work and just shut it off b/c M12 is starting to skew my view on NCAA 12 and I don't want that to happen(at least not until retail is out)

jaymo76
08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Yup it was hard to get back into NCAA last night (though I somehow managed to get in a few games :) ). The look and feel of the games are very, very different.

illwill10
08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
It does feel different when I play NCAA after playing the demo. DPP works as I expected it would. Traits really help out CPU gameplay. More sliders, especially Pass Reaction and Rush Reaction. I dont feel the same atsmosphere in NCAA as in Madden, Madden has more emotion. Presentation and graphics is great in Madden. Pass Rush feels better
NCAA is great, but Madden feels like it is in the good path. I have barely played Dynasty because waiting for rosters, then now for Patch. With Franchise, I dont have to wait for Rosters.There isnt much trades in NFL in the season. And With DPP, Players ratings will change often. SS seems very improved.
As a Offline-Only gamer, I am excited for Madden

umhester04
08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Does anyone else notice that when you run the defense only comes out in one formation? Really annoying...

I OU a Beatn
08-11-2011, 02:15 PM

Not to me. The people at OS like dreads and stuff like that. When it comes to game play impressions, OS is literally the last place in the world I would go for a review. I'd go to Maxim to review a football game before I'd read OS. No lie.

JBHuskers
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Not to me. The people at OS like dreads and stuff like that. When it comes to game play impressions, OS is literally the last place in the world I would go for a review. I'd go to Maxim to review a football game before I'd read OS. No lie.

:D :D

bdoughty
08-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh now you guys are being harsh. I would go to OS long before I went to IGN or Gamespot for a review. That said they are only opinions and you know what they say about opinions...

Anywho, looks like I have a year of enjoying a college and pro football game. That is what matters most to me.

Rudy
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
The one thing I find annoying is that the playscreen always defaults back to the first formation in the list instead of the formation I just called a play from. Going to get more time in this weekend with a few tweaks to the sliders.

vikingsfan2218
08-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I also prefer the closer camera angle of NCAA Football 12, though I believe that Madden NFL 12's camera is closer to the field than Madden NFL 11's was. Do note that there are multiple camera angles in the final build--though I don't know all of them and you can't view them in the demo--which you can see when you go into the demo settings; unfortunately, the demo seems locked to the single default angle.

Every stadium has a different camera angle and since there's only one stadium, there's only one camera angle. In the full version there will be more camera angles and also a default camera angle if you don't want to use a different one each time

vikingsfan2218
08-11-2011, 04:26 PM

EDIT: My only gripe with this demo (well, the only one I cannot fix via sliders) is the Punt Return Blocking, it just isn't there. Does anyone have an idea if this is going to be the case in the final build?

punt return blocking will be in the full game

vikingsfan2218
08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
will madden 12 have the option to lock onto players and play from only their perspective. I mean in a regular game not just in superstar mode. this is one of my favorite features in ncaa, especially on defense for some reason it actually made me a little better at football in real life

Paakaa10
08-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Every stadium has a different camera angle and since there's only one stadium, there's only one camera angle. In the full version there will be more camera angles and also a default camera angle if you don't want to use a different one each time

This is incorrect. When the "feature" is stated that there are 30+ cameras in Madden NFL 12, what is being referred to are camera placements which show highlights, cut-scenes, and kicking plays. As far as gameplay cameras are concerned, there are still only going to be about 3-5 cameras to choose from like there have been in recent versions of the game.

It's not like MLB 2K11 or MLB 11 The Show where there is a unique behind pitcher gameplay camera angle for every stadium in the game.

punt return blocking will be in the full game

To be fair, nobody knows whether or not this is true until we have the final, retail version of the game in-hand. You can speculate all you want that this facet of the game will be improved in retail compared to the demo code, but you can't guarantee it.

will madden 12 have the option to lock onto players and play from only their perspective. I mean in a regular game not just in superstar mode. this is one of my favorite features in ncaa, especially on defense for some reason it actually made me a little better at football in real life

Not sure on this question; I do know, however, that apparently Madden NFL 12's OTP camera for defense will not be from behind the defenders like it was in last year's game. Not that there's a direct connection between that and your question, but it leads me to believe that player lock might not be a feature in the game.

Koach Vonner
08-11-2011, 07:44 PM
you can turn the strategy pad off btw. This demo is very good, like the zones play incredibly realistic, like it's great. I can make all of the throws, running the ball is great and I can zone blitz again. NCAA is on the shelf for a long time now. The demo is great.

How do you turn that dumb ass strategy pad off?

Paakaa10
08-11-2011, 07:52 PM
How do you turn that dumb ass strategy pad off?

From a couple pages back in this thread...

morsdraconis
08-11-2011, 09:30 PM
So, I downloaded this but haven't played it yet. I might actually play a game or two tonight. :dunno:

I OU a Beatn
08-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I think the same issue with zone defense and scrambling QBs that's in NCAA is in the M12 demo. It seems like defenders in flat zones don't even bother with the QB until he crosses the LOS. Hopefully this gets corrected before the game ships, as I'm having a ton of success on scrambles when I probably shouldn't.

I'm also not liking how easy it is to rocket catch. If it's easily user picked or swatted, it'll be okay, but if it's like NCAA where the defender plays it all weird when you trigger the animation, it's going to need to be addressed. Unlike NCAA where the receiver will drop the ball a good bit, I don't think I've had a single drop yet.

morsdraconis
08-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Once again, Madden feels like it's different just to say they are different. The game plays stiff and, once again, on default All-American sliders, the OTs couldn't block me coming around the corner. Two sacks given up because the OT's fat ass can't keep up with a shitty Bears DE for more than a second. :rolleyes:

Still has the problem of OTs not blocking DEs on stretch plays either at all or barely at all (and, no, it's not fixable by sliders unless you make them superhuman, they just don't get in position to make the block at all and definitely don't drive them to the outside, like they should for stretch plays).

Why in the hell are they not using the no huddle system from NCAA?! Seriously? :fp:

I OU a Beatn
08-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah, their no huddle system blows. It's no biggie, though, as it keeps douches online from running hurry up every play and quick snapping the ball, so I'm fine with it. What do you mean by it playing stiff? I thought it was extremely smooth overall and much smoother than NCAA.

I found out today that I'm going to have to use the strategy pad since not all pre-snap adjustments are available via the old system if you turn it on. That sucks, but I guess I'll get used to it.

illwill10
08-12-2011, 12:17 AM
I would like Madden to add the Break Tackle rating in the future. It would add depth in run game. It would help for RBs who are power backs but are not known for trucking or stiff arm.

What does the toughness rating actually do

xMrHitStickx904
08-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Once again, Madden feels like it's different just to say they are different. The game plays stiff and, once again, on default All-American sliders, the OTs couldn't block me coming around the corner. Two sacks given up because the OT's fat ass can't keep up with a shitty Bears DE for more than a second. :rolleyes:

Still has the problem of OTs not blocking DEs on stretch plays either at all or barely at all (and, no, it's not fixable by sliders unless you make them superhuman, they just don't get in position to make the block at all and definitely don't drive them to the outside, like they should for stretch plays).

Why in the hell are they not using the no huddle system from NCAA?! Seriously? :fp:

Cause NFL Offenses don't use that type of no-huddle, the majority of College offense is spread no huddle, not so in the pros. So there is no need to add it, and util they revamp the no-huddle system, I wouldn't want it.

xMrHitStickx904
08-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Yeah, their no huddle system blows. It's no biggie, though, as it keeps douches online from running hurry up every play and quick snapping the ball, so I'm fine with it. What do you mean by it playing stiff? I thought it was extremely smooth overall and much smoother than NCAA.

I found out today that I'm going to have to use the strategy pad since not all pre-snap adjustments are available via the old system if you turn it on. That sucks, but I guess I'll get used to it.

you sure? I turned it to on, and I haven't used the D-Pad since.

Rudy
08-12-2011, 05:47 AM
What do you mean by it playing stiff? I thought it was extremely smooth overall and much smoother than NCAA.

For me Madden is a lot smoother than NCAA. The players feel much more natural. However, some may like the super twitchy movement of the players in NCAA. It seems the NCAA devs want the game to feel like that. I prefer the feel of Madden a lot more.

I OU a Beatn
08-12-2011, 11:51 AM
you sure? I turned it to on, and I haven't used the D-Pad since.

Unless I'm wrong, there were a couple things you couldn't do. I'll check again when I log back on.

jaymo76
08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
For me Madden is a lot smoother than NCAA. The players feel much more natural. However, some may like the super twitchy movement of the players in NCAA. It seems the NCAA devs want the game to feel like that. I prefer the feel of Madden a lot more.

Based on the demo I am in 100% agreement.

P.S. Rudy, I saw your comments at OS... don't tell me you're really finished with the NCAA series? I can't believe it brother... really?

I OU a Beatn
08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Unless I'm wrong, there were a couple things you couldn't do. I'll check again when I log back on.

I don't see a way to slide protect without using the strategy pad.

Rudy
08-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Based on the demo I am in 100% agreement.

P.S. Rudy, I saw your comments at OS... don't tell me you're really finished with the NCAA series? I can't believe it brother... really?

I'm done buying NCAA on day one. And I won't buy the game anymore with the way the current players move and feel either. I need to see real improvements to the core. I just don't like some of the core things with the NCAA game and I'm flat out not enjoying myself much when playing. The game has the same feel and I'm not a fan of that feel. There is no point to continue to pay $60 plus tax for a game that I'm losing interest and faith in. When I played the Madden 12 demo the feel of the players and the passing speed reminded me a lot more of the PS2 versions. Seeing the stat overlays and overall smoothness just made the game feel good. I find that the devs in charge of the NCAA series don't want the game to go back to a PS2 feel for whatever reason. There is no point in me complaining anymore. I've made my points here and that's that. The next step is to simply stop buying the game and either switch to Madden or just other non sports games to fill the void. Maybe NCAA 13 will be a big upgrade.

I'm done with NCAA 12 and it will be traded in for Madden 12. You won't find me commenting much on the game anymore but you will find me commenting on Madden. I hope that will be fun for me. If not I will trade that in for Uncharted 3 lol.

jaymo76
08-12-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm done buying NCAA on day one. And I won't buy the game anymore with the way the current players move and feel either. I need to see real improvements to the core. I just don't like some of the core things with the NCAA game and I'm flat out not enjoying myself much when playing. The game has the same feel and I'm not a fan of that feel. There is no point to continue to pay $60 plus tax for a game that I'm losing interest and faith in. When I played the Madden 12 demo the feel of the players and the passing speed reminded me a lot more of the PS2 versions. Seeing the stat overlays and overall smoothness just made the game feel good. I find that the devs in charge of the NCAA series don't want the game to go back to a PS2 feel for whatever reason. There is no point in me complaining anymore. I've made my points here and that's that. The next step is to simply stop buying the game and either switch to Madden or just other non sports games to fill the void. Maybe NCAA 13 will be a big upgrade.

I'm done with NCAA 12 and it will be traded in for Madden 12. You won't find me commenting much on the game anymore but you will find me commenting on Madden. I hope that will be fun for me. If not I will trade that in for Uncharted 3 lol.

I have high expectations for Madden and I truly believe that this year they will deliver. I have been very jaded by Madden over the years... BUT... the game feels good this year and the enhancement to franchise sound very impressive. I just want to get lost in the immersion and I haven't felt that for any football game since NCAA 07 on PS2. I think that Madden may have the ability to do that this year.

I OU a Beatn
08-12-2011, 08:42 PM

The Madden team definitely ousted the NCAA team this year, simply because of the smoothness and the correct trajectory of the ball.

skipwondah33
08-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I was looking forward to Madden again this year just off the minor things they did like "shading" and removal of suction. Didn't hurt that I liked the improvements '11 had. Now that I've witnessed the player movement and feel for the game I'm even more excited about it. I'm even going to get that EA pass thing unless I can get the game earlier which I don't know how lol.

Great points Rudy. I try to tell myself that every year but I still end up getting NCAA the week of.

morsdraconis
08-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Sure, play Madden if you want to see totally bullshit rocket catches all the fuckin' time. :smh:

I just fuckin' did it with Donald Driver and I've never been able to get a rocket catch to work before and I just did it for the hell of it to see if it would work and lo and behold, it works the first time I try it. :smh:

You people are nuts if you think this game is better than NCAA. Running the stretch play is pointless (unlike NCAA). The trajectory on the ball is not different at all (same throw that gets swatted in NCAA just got swatted in demo). Zone blocking utterly atrocious. All of this on default All-American. :smh:

I OU a Beatn
08-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Sure, play Madden if you want to see totally bullshit rocket catches all the fuckin' time. :smh:

I just fuckin' did it with Donald Driver and I've never been able to get a rocket catch to work before and I just did it for the hell of it to see if it would work and lo and behold, it works the first time I try it. :smh:

You people are nuts if you think this game is better than NCAA. Running the stretch play is pointless (unlike NCAA). The trajectory on the ball is not different at all (same throw that gets swatted in NCAA just got swatted in demo). Zone blocking utterly atrocious. All of this on default All-American. :smh:

It's hardly fair to point out a flaw in one game that exists in the other. It's equally as easy to trigger the rocket catch animation in NCAA and Madden. It's probably more effective in Madden because they actually hang on to the ball, but it's an equally huge flaw in both games and it needs to be addressed in both games.

Running the stretch play isn't pointless. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It depends on the defense being used. Neither of the teams in the demo are good running teams, so it's hard to judge from that aspect. Regardless, I'd much rather have it that way as opposed to NCAA where stretch and toss plays are usually huge gains because the defense doesn't pursue correctly. The ball trajectory is definitely better. It isn't even close. I've had one instance where a ball was tipped that I thought shouldn't be. Compare that to an issue on NCAA that I can replicate any time I want. The ball trajectory on Madden is dead on.

Zone blocking, meh, didn't try it. Never use it.

skipwondah33
08-12-2011, 10:25 PM

I only play in leagues in another community I am involved in that has rules regarding rocket catches or any other glitches, which we also only play on All-Madden. I don't play lobby games or against anyone else that I don't know. So I'm not worried about things of that nature. To be honest I'm not even sure what rocket catching is as I've never been into finding or performing glitches.

But comparing certain gameplay aspects to certain gameplay aspects in both games, I prefer Madden better

umhester04
08-13-2011, 03:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KWg2CKcTzgw

I know this isn't demo footage but it goes with the conversation. Look at 1:40 in that video...No leaping LB! This is swatted in NCAA

steelerfan
08-13-2011, 03:10 AM
I like the demo, but I know that I'll probably have headaches trying to tweak sliders. I'm going to give Madden a fair shake this year. I have yet to get more than about 3 weeks into a Franchise on this generation. The changes to the mode certainly have my attention, but the devil's in the details. How well does all of this stuff work?

I played as Green Bay for the first time tonight. I had 3 injuries including losing the RG to broken ribs. That was nice to see.

I like having an injury slider and a fumble slider. An injury severity slider would be a nice add. I am concerned about the lack of kicking/punting sliders. Are they in retail, or are we forced to play "as is"?

Rudy
08-13-2011, 06:23 AM
I am concerned about the lack of special teams sliders as well. Its been awhile but I think in the past they were a sub menu but only had global changes (no human and cpu split which would be dumb imo - no reason to not have both).

skipwondah33
08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KWg2CKcTzgw

I know this isn't demo footage but it goes with the conversation. Look at 1:40 in that video...No leaping LB! This is swatted in NCAA

That likely would have been picked actually. Either way it wouldnt have been completed

jaymo76
08-13-2011, 01:16 PM
I like the demo, but I know that I'll probably have headaches trying to tweak sliders. I'm going to give Madden a fair shake this year. I have yet to get more than about 3 weeks into a Franchise on this generation. The changes to the mode certainly have my attention, but the devil's in the details. How well does all of this stuff work?

I played as Green Bay for the first time tonight. I had 3 injuries including losing the RG to broken ribs. That was nice to see.

I like having an injury slider and a fumble slider. An injury severity slider would be a nice add. I am concerned about the lack of kicking/punting sliders. Are they in retail, or are we forced to play "as is"?

Steeler, for the life of me why does NCAA not adopt INJURY AND FUMBLE SLIDERS??? Have you ever asked the developers about this and if so what is/was their response?

Anyways back to MADDEN... I have been looking for the answer to two Q's but I can't seem to find them. Does anyone know?

1. Is their a practise roster in Madden this year?
2. The blog says I.R. has been fixed as the cpu will now place players onto IR. However, will I have the ability to place players onto IR for strategy purposes? For example back in 10 I parked Jamarcus Russell's big butt and his salary onto IR so I had more flex room for the cap.

Details
08-13-2011, 02:00 PM
No leaping LB! This is swatted in NCAA

I lofted a short pass over Urlacher. He didn't touch it. It felt so satisfying.

CLW
08-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Just played one game on All-Madden and not really feeling it. My team lost 9 players to injury during the game and I had 3 fumbles returned for TDs against me. Just didn't feel very good to me but I'll mess around with it and see if that was an aberration or the norm.

I OU a Beatn
08-13-2011, 02:51 PM
I've only seen about 5 fumbles in 15 games so far, 4 of which have been QBs getting hit. I did have one user strip, but I haven't been able to jar them loose like I can in NCAA. I've seen a few injuries, but not an alarmingly high number like yours.

skipwondah33
08-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Just played one game on All-Madden and not really feeling it. My team lost 9 players to injury during the game and I had 3 fumbles returned for TDs against me. Just didn't feel very good to me but I'll mess around with it and see if that was an aberration or the norm.

Hmm I only play on All-Madden and I have yet to see more than 3 injuries in my 12 or so games. Haven't seen or gotten a defensive TD either. Between me and the CPU we've fumbled a combined 4 times.

Rudy
08-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Steeler, for the life of me why does NCAA not adopt INJURY AND FUMBLE SLIDERS??? Have you ever asked the developers about this and if so what is/was their response?

Don't forget fatigue. Plus Madden has a true 100 point system now with 100 point increments. I must say that the sliders in the Madden demo don't seem to do a whole lot. It seems like you really have to jack them around to have any effect. Haven't tested it out too much but I boosted the cpu run block on All-Pro to 100 and they still don't do a great job. With 1 point increments there is no excuse for not making the sliders really powerful. If EA overdoes it then 1 point increments would fix it no problem. But you can't fix a slider that is too weak to begin with.

I just went back and played 1/2 a game of NCAA 12 after M12's demo. I must say the M12 camera really blows. The NCAA 12 camera is so much better it's not even funny. I'll have to see what the zoomed camera option does in M12 because I can't play Madden long term if that's the best camera one. I'm not sure why NCAA still refuses to offer mutliple camera angles but their default one kicks Madden's butt. Can't they share the code for these things?

souljahbill
08-13-2011, 08:16 PM
I played the Madden demo for the first time today. It's pretty sweet. I haven't owned (or really played) a Madden game since the McNabb edition so consider me impressed.

Also, either the ball trajectory is better in Madden or LBs just don't have super swat skills. I was able to get it over the LB but in front of the S a few times.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umhester04
08-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Guys, looking on youtube at the zoomed camera from Madden 10, it seems to me that camera is going to be the one to use. It really makes you feel like you are on the field and most importantly there arent all those quick camera jerks back and forth that give you a headache!

Rudy
08-14-2011, 07:20 AM
I played the Madden demo for the first time today. It's pretty sweet. I haven't owned (or really played) a Madden game since the McNabb edition so consider me impressed.

Also, either the ball trajectory is better in Madden or LBs just don't have super swat skills. I was able to get it over the LB but in front of the S a few times.

I don't think it's the ball trajectory (maybe slightly). I really think it's the super swat has been toned down. In NCAA some LBs will just sit near the line of scrimmage and knock down passes intended for WRs 15 yards down the field. It kills the vertical spacing in this game and really frustrates me. I just can't take it anymore. The patch needs to get here asap.

Guys, looking on youtube at the zoomed camera from Madden 10, it seems to me that camera is going to be the one to use. It really makes you feel like you are on the field and most importantly there arent all those quick camera jerks back and forth that give you a headache!

I will definitely be checking out the zoomed camera. Pastapadre posted a couple Madden vids and I think they may be the zoomed camera. It's hard for me to figure out when watching videos but they don't seem as zoomed out as the demo which is too far imo (particularly on run plays). The play calling is pass happy but it does appear the camera still zooms out on running plays.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/13/watch-another-half-of-madden-nfl-12

SmoothPancakes
08-14-2011, 07:35 AM
I don't think it's the ball trajectory (maybe slightly). I really think it's the super swat has been toned down. In NCAA some LBs will just sit near the line of scrimmage and knock down passes intended for WRs 15 yards down the field. It kills the vertical spacing in this game and really frustrates me. I just can't take it anymore. The patch needs to get here asap.

Not to take things off topic here, but they also need to seriously tone down the jump rating in NCAA. Almost every defender seems to have jump ratings between 70 and 90+. Lower those down to 40-50, and the super jumping and super swats drastically decrease. They still happen now and then, but when jumps and swats do happen, for the most part they feel more natural.

jaymo76
08-14-2011, 10:25 AM
After getting home late last night, I fired up Madden and just for fun moved INJURIES AND FATIGUE both to 100. Both teams combined for 27 injuries so the sliders do have an impact. The best part though and something I have NEVER seen in EA FOOTBALL... one of the injuries was to my PUNTER!!! (out for the game). I also moved speed threshold to 30 and Devon Hester on the long balls was a beast. I lost 35-31 on a last minute drive by Green Bay. It was great to see all the stat banners (eg QB comparison chart) and when paused I had FOUR pages of dynamic players for both teams... very well done. The only minor grip with dynamic player performance... great players don't get fazed at all... Rodgers threw FOUR pics but had no change to his status???

Paakaa10
08-14-2011, 11:05 AM
I will definitely be checking out the zoomed camera. Pastapadre posted a couple Madden vids and I think they may be the zoomed camera. It's hard for me to figure out when watching videos but they don't seem as zoomed out as the demo which is too far imo (particularly on run plays). The play calling is pass happy but it does appear the camera still zooms out on running plays.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/13/watch-another-half-of-madden-nfl-12

These videos were released by EA SPORTS, and as far as I can tell they are not from the "zoomed" camera angle; or--if it is--it's not the same "zoomed" camera angle which was present in Madden NFL 10 or Madden NFL 11.

It may be that the default camera angle got tweaked between the demo and final retail build. Can't say anything with certainty though.

skipwondah33
08-14-2011, 11:32 AM
The only minor grip with dynamic player performance... great players don't get fazed at all... Rodgers threw FOUR pics but had no change to his status???

I've had it affect Woodson's DPP. Cutler tried to throw a comeback route that Woodson read, I clicked on him to make the pick but missed the ball. After that play I paused and it said Woodson doesn't play ball in the air and had the red arrow going down.

Also had that happen to Collins after he missed a pick opportunity.

Rudy
08-14-2011, 01:07 PM
These videos were released by EA SPORTS, and as far as I can tell they are not from the "zoomed" camera angle; or--if it is--it's not the same "zoomed" camera angle which was present in Madden NFL 10 or Madden NFL 11.

It may be that the default camera angle got tweaked between the demo and final retail build. Can't say anything with certainty though.

I just have a bad feeling that the zoomed will be too close and the default too far away. Too bad we couldn't choose the zoom level or have a partial zoom camera angle. If I have to choose one I will choose the one where I can see more of the field because my passing game gets even worse if it's too close.

skipwondah33
08-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Maybe the Madden Classic cam will be available. Don't know if it were am option this past version as I never changed the camera. The year prior I believe I did though

jaymo76
08-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Playing as Chicago this morning, I really noticed how much better the stadium sound quality is in Madden. I mean it seems like a pretty noticeable difference when the home team fans are fired up. I still would like it (and especially NCAA) to be louder but it's a good start.

Rudy
08-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah, the crowd noise seems pretty good although without any commentary the presentation is weird. Hopefully the commentary isn't terrible.

I OU a Beatn
08-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be the same as last year, maybe marginally improved. Last year was horrible. They somehow made Gus Johnson sound terrible.

Paakaa10
08-14-2011, 09:30 PM
You can start to get an idea of how commentary is going to sound in the game through watching (and listening to) the videos recently released by EA SPORTS:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3320-Madden-NFL-12-Direct-Feed-Video-Baltimore-Ravens-at-Pittsburgh-Steelers
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3224-Madden-NFL-12-GAMEPLAY-Eagles-Falcons-1st-Quarter-HD

It seems as though new commentary has definitely been recorded. And, thanks to the revamp of the broadcast presentation, it looks like the "QB versus QB analysis" which played before every game of Madden NFL 11 is gone and replaced with more game-specific comments.

It probably won't be perfect; maybe it won't even be considered "good" or "adequate" by some. But it is what it is; here's hoping, if things are still significantly lacking, that the community can push for a commentary overhaul for Madden NFL 13.

umhester04
08-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I just have a bad feeling that the zoomed will be too close and the default too far away. Too bad we couldn't choose the zoom level or have a partial zoom camera angle. If I have to choose one I will choose the one where I can see more of the field because my passing game gets even worse if it's too close.

Im sure there is a camera that is in the middle, maybe the wide one?

bdoughty
08-14-2011, 09:51 PM
It probably won't be perfect; maybe it won't even be considered "good" or "adequate" by some. But it is what it is; here's hoping, if things are still significantly lacking, that the community can push for a commentary overhaul for Madden NFL 13.

I had a chuckle at that. Well played. :D

morsdraconis
08-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Get rid of Gus Johnson and Chris Collinsworth and it's immediately better. They couldn't have two of the most fuckin' annoying announcers EVER being the damn announcers...

illwill10
08-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Get rid of Gus Johnson and Chris Collinsworth and it's immediately better. They couldn't have two of the most fuckin' annoying announcers EVER being the damn announcers...
They dont go together at all.

I OU a Beatn
08-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Gus Johnson is awesome. Chris Collinsworth is boring as hell and lacks even an ounce of excitement.

bdoughty
08-14-2011, 10:07 PM

:Arizona_Cardinals:Dan Dierdorf and :Oakland_Raiders:Todd Christensen Likes this... :up::+1::)):check:

skipwondah33
08-14-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't know Tom Hammond or whatever his name was before wasn't too great.

Paakaa10
08-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm a fan of Gus Johnson and a fan of Cris Collinsworth when I'm listening to NFL games on Sundays. The problem is that their specific commentary talents don't necessarily translate well to recordings for a video game about football.

I find that my feelings are well-illustrated by these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSMP8yY-Pk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfYXejxYfI

In the first video, Gus Johnson is in the stadium watching the game, it's almost over, and the commentary call is a gut reaction to watching the play unfold. In the second video, Peter Moore is asking Gus to perform his reaction months after the play happened.

From what I understand of the recording process, when Gus goes into the studio he's given suggested lines and works from those. It'd be difficult to record commentary for a sports video game any other way. The problem is that the reaction is less genuine because there is no "amazing play" prompting the delivery of the line. If the line sounds forced, people are going to be annoyed by it; if the line sounds underplayed, then somebody who pulls off a Stokley-esque play to win the game is going to be annoyed that Gus isn't more excited for them in Madden NFL. And unless EA SPORTS gets enough time with Gus to record reactions to every single potential outcome of a play in the game, there are never going to be enough lines to reference to keep it fresh.

As for Collinsworth, he has a lot of good knowledge from his playing time and from his awareness of current NFL players and their talents. The problem, again, is that asking Collinsworth to record anecdotes for every NFL player on the roster is time-prohibitive; even more so when you consider that multiple anecdotes per player would need to be recorded or else even the most casual gamer is going to be annoyed when Cris reads his one reaction to their favorite team's best player for the tenth, twentieth (etc...) time.

As more lines are added to the database from Gus and Cris as Madden NFL continues on with them on-board, the illusion of spontaneity will be stronger. Fewer lines will be overplayed and the commentary will remain fresher as a result. But unless some breakthrough is made in terms of implementing commentary systems in the game, it won't be revolutionary and the commentary of Madden NFL will remain polarizing.

Maybe my initial comment sounded snarky and sarcastic, but it's kind of how I really feel about it. Some people will enjoy the commentary, some people won't. Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth have a different level of quality for different fans of football. There are some people who will be thrilled with the guys in the "virtual commentary booth" right now and there will be people who long for the days when the voices of Madden were Al Michaels, John Madden, Tom Hammond, or even the nameless radio announcer guy from the first few Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 games.

morsdraconis
08-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Announcers aren't supposed to be fans reacting to plays. Announcers are supposed to be knowledgeable people who have been around the game/played the game for several years and can add in thoughtful and inquisitive information about the thought process of the player/coach or how the play should have been executed compared to how it was.

John Madden and Pat Summerall were the best and Madden hasn't been the same since Summerall died. Michaels did an ok job but football commentary and Madden virtual commentary hasn't been the same since.

I don't want some moron screaming in my ear about a virtual play I just made. That's for me to do. Not the damn announcers. I HATE Gus Johnson's commentary and Collinsworthless doesn't know dick about the game of football.

Paakaa10
08-14-2011, 10:58 PM
John Madden and Pat Summerall were the best and Madden hasn't been the same since Summerall died. Michaels did an ok job but football commentary and Madden virtual commentary hasn't been the same since.

I don't want some moron screaming in my ear about a virtual play I just made. That's for me to do. Not the damn announcers. I HATE Gus Johnson's commentary and Collinsworthless doesn't know dick about the game of football.

Thank you, mors, for exhibit A of how video game commentators can be polarizing to the fanbase. :D

morsdraconis
08-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Thank you, mors, for exhibit A of how video game commentators can be polarizing to the fanbase. :D

That's what I'm here for. :D

Paakaa10
08-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Lest we get too far off-topic from discussion of the Madden NFL 12 demo--which features no commentary :D--I've put together a new thread here in the forum to discuss the commentators you would most like to have for the game:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?3345-Dream-Team-Commentators-for-Madden-NFL

souljahbill
08-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Pat Summerall died?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
08-15-2011, 08:05 AM
I guess he didn't die. I could have sworn he died. For some reason, I thought he died and that was why he stopped doing Monday Night Football with Madden. Huh.

umhester04
08-15-2011, 03:10 PM
I just saw an animation where I had knox running deep and woodson trailing, knox reaches out for the ball thrown over his shoulder allowing woodson to catch up and lunge toward him and smack through knox's hands, knocking the ball out before knox could secure it.

Absolutely beautiful. The animations in this game is what is making it better for me than NCAA. So far, it seems as though all the animations that play for pass breakups are very believable and there is a lot of variety to them.

jaymo76
08-15-2011, 03:57 PM
I just saw an animation where I had knox running deep and woodson trailing, knox reaches out for the ball thrown over his shoulder allowing woodson to catch up and lunge toward him and smack through knox's hands, knocking the ball out before knox could secure it.

Absolutely beautiful. The animations in this game is what is making it better for me than NCAA. So far, it seems as though all the animations that play for pass breakups are very believable and there is a lot of variety to them.

What I like about the demo is that the INT'S I have thrown... all (well maybe except one) seem totally legit. Bad reads on my part. I have NOT seen a lot of warping or psychic DB's and the leaping LB's thus far has not been a major issue.:up:

I OU a Beatn
08-15-2011, 04:34 PM
I've seen a good many warping picks by safeties so far.

cdj
08-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Pat Summerall died?

Legally, no.

I hope Pat didn't read mors' post and find out about his own demise.

skipwondah33
08-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I've seen a good many warping picks by safeties so far.

I've only had one by a safety but I haven't gotten one myself.

cdj
08-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Now that the demo has been out for a week, we've added a poll to get your thoughts on the demo.

skipwondah33
08-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Voted Love it

Again I was looking forward to the I wouldn't call little but not major features sort of speak. Such as "shading" and the removal of suction both hits and blocking.

After reading and hearing about Collision Detection and DPP I was eager to see what it was like and how it was implemented. Can definitely say with what I've experience thus far I'm pleased and looking forward to release. Though I already was prior to playing the demo

Rudy
08-15-2011, 10:58 PM
I voted liked it. If I had a better camera angle I would have voted loved it.

I'm curious about the in season scouting of college prospects in dynasty mode. I wonder if it will have the same addiction level as NCAA? I doubt it but Madden desperately needed something to do between weeks as an added attraction.

illwill10
08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
I voted liked it. If I had a better camera angle I would have voted loved it.

I'm curious about the in season scouting of college prospects in dynasty mode. I wonder if it will have the same addiction level as NCAA? I doubt it but Madden desperately needed something to do between weeks as an added attraction.

I do too. I hope it is upgraded.
All you had to do was scout a player and not have to look back in 6 weeks.

I OU a Beatn
08-15-2011, 11:35 PM
I voted love it, but I have found a few things that could prove to be really annoying online. Only time will tell whether that turns out to be the case or not, but I'm still going to say this will be the best online football video game this generation.

jaymo76
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Voted liked it only because I need to hear commentary and it would have been nice to build a gameplan like last year. However, I fully expect that I will LOVE the game if franchise mode plays as advertised.

xMrHitStickx904
08-16-2011, 01:24 PM
I love the demo, for obvious reasons already stated. As far as commentary goes, it's hard to simulate what Gus Johnson brings to the game. He is very solid as what he does, but he possesses the factors that make you riveted to the screen and that's hard to convey on a video game. It's much easier to bring Al Michaels and John Madden to the game, they translate perfectly. I think the MNF crew could seamlessly do the same thing IMO.

bdoughty
08-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Liked it but could end up loving the retail version.

Rudy
08-16-2011, 04:06 PM
One thing I haven't understood in the criticism of the cpu QBs scrambling that I've read on some sites. I like it and I don't think it's overdone. A lot of guys just want to run Cover 2 Man, take away all the deep routes and leave the middle of the field wide open as they did in the past because cpu QBs never took advantage of it. Cutler and Rodgers both scramble about 3-4 times a game at close to 5 yards a pop in real life. And if you keep running that same defense they should take advantage when the coverage is blanketing the WRs. People need to call more zones and LB spies if they don't want the QB to scramble. I've never seen them scramble too often but I also pay attention to it.

ram29jackson
08-16-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk1SfjTrKuI&feature=feedu

jaymo76
08-17-2011, 12:00 AM
One thing I haven't understood in the criticism of the cpu QBs scrambling that I've read on some sites. I like it and I don't think it's overdone. A lot of guys just want to run Cover 2 Man, take away all the deep routes and leave the middle of the field wide open as they did in the past because cpu QBs never took advantage of it. Cutler and Rodgers both scramble about 3-4 times a game at close to 5 yards a pop in real life. And if you keep running that same defense they should take advantage when the coverage is blanketing the WRs. People need to call more zones and LB spies if they don't want the QB to scramble. I've never seen them scramble too often but I also pay attention to it.

Completely agree Rudy.

Details
08-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Minor note.

During the challenging of a play, the view cuts away from the head coaches at the time the referee announces the decision.

It was like this in Madden 11. The reactions should be seen. It would add emotion to the game.

jpdavis1982
08-18-2011, 08:17 PM
I love the demo, for obvious reasons already stated. As far as commentary goes, it's hard to simulate what Gus Johnson brings to the game. He is very solid as what he does, but he possesses the factors that make you riveted to the screen and that's hard to convey on a video game. It's much easier to bring Al Michaels and John Madden to the game, they translate perfectly. I think the MNF crew could seamlessly do the same thing IMO.

The biggest issue with commentary has been the engine itself not who is commentating. They have been using the same commentary engine since the PS2 era basically. This year they invested in a new commentary engine, but the benefits of it won't truly be seen until next year. The new engine is the same one FIFA uses and what they did was they made some new commentary on the new engine for pregame, qb's taking the field, starting lineups, and DPP. The play by play and pronunciation of player names is still from the old engine, but they will be redoing it for Madden 13. So expect improved commentary based on what videos I have seen in Madden 12 and expect really great commentary in Madden 13 with the new play by play and everything running on the new speech engine.

They also have toned Gus down quite a bit this year so he says things like "he's tackled at the seventeen yard line" instead of ''at the SEVENTEEN". This gives the commentary a better flow and doesn't sound quite as patchy as 11, but it still sounds that way at times. Again this is based on what I have seen of Madden 12 videos. I'm a big commentary guy so I'm excited about Madden 12 and anxious to hear the new commentary lines and stuff this year, but I"m stoked about the new commentary engine and everything for Madden 13. They are doing with commentary for Madden 13 what they did with presentation for Madden 12. The work they did on presentation with cameras, stat overlays, team intros, etc.. was actually done during Madden 11 development, but we didn't really see it until Madden 12. Madden 13 commentary will work the same way.

Details
08-18-2011, 09:09 PM
This year they invested in a new commentary engine, but the benefits of it won't truly be seen until next year.

Do you think Custom Stadium Sounds should also be a part of Madden 13?

The only way to come close to replicating true atmosphere is to turn control over to the user.

jpdavis1982
08-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Do you think Custom Stadium Sounds should also be a part of Madden 13?

The only way to come close to replicating true atmosphere is to turn control over to the user.

I would love to see Custom Stadium Sounds in Madden, but I think those songs and sounds are copyrighted. That's why in Madden 11 they had to go out and buy the team fight songs and stuff, which from what I have seen in the videos all the ones that were in 11 are still in 12, and hopefully they have added some new ones this year. Especially the ones that were supposed to be in last year, like Gridiron Heroes(Lions fight song).

I OU a Beatn
08-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Man, I really don't like the amount of warping interceptions I'm seeing. I can honestly say it's my number one annoyance in NCAA and Madden, and there isn't a remotely close second.

illwill10
08-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Man, I really don't like the amount of warping interceptions I'm seeing. I can honestly say it's my number one annoyance in NCAA and Madden, and there isn't a remotely close second.
I think Interceptions should get redone. Besides a few rare INTs, Most of the INTs are WR Catch Animations. Most of the INTs can be pulled off by a WR. THere needs to be more jump INTs. I think it comes from QBs not putting any touch on ball. Either it is a Lob or Bullet. In NCAA, It is hard to stop your momentum, strafe, and get into position to pick off a pass.

Rudy
08-21-2011, 06:03 AM
I must say I prefer the feel of passing much better in Madden. Improved zone coverage has certainly hurt my already weak passing skills in both games but the outside areas of the field appear more open in Madden. I can throw more outs and curls than I can in NCAA. I love how the passing speeds are toned down a little in Madden. It makes it a little tougher on offense but a lot more enjoyable on defense as I feel I can make plays on the ball. I've missed that feeling.

I OU a Beatn
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I like the feel better, but I'm still seeing a bunch of warped interceptions. It's my number one complaint so far. I've also noticed that I'm encountering a lot of dropped picks whenever I try to user pick them. I'm hoping it's like NCAA where that happens all the time offline, but online the ball is usually picked. I'm a little worried about how easy it is to scramble. If I can routinely get out of the pocket and pick up a first down with Rodgers, what is someone going to be able to do with Vick? That's kind of scary, and the Eagles are definitely going to be one of the most used teams online.

Oh well, even though most of these problems are in NCAA, in Madden I wont have to deal with the goon kick, disconnection glitches, insanely overpowered outside run plays, the WR Jet Pass glitch, etc...so I'll be happy.

skipwondah33
08-21-2011, 11:09 AM
It's the QB run animation IOU. I'm guessing it will be like 11 where any QB can get out of the pocket fairly easy. You could run out like that with Favre as slow as he is.

I've dropped quite a bit of user picks myself so far. I'm hoping it was due to the difficulty of the pick or the defenders catch ratings. I know the first is unlikely but would be cool it were. I know when zone was dominant in 09 the CPU didn't drop any picks hardly

Rudy
08-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm always surprised by how quick an NFL QB looks when they scramble in real life. I think users are just going to have to pay attention to it more.

I do think the truck and juke moves work better in Madden than in NCAA which I'm grateful for.

skipwondah33
08-21-2011, 11:30 AM
But the walk animation when your not holding the sprint button is entirely too fast. Their walk animation is very quick to the point where their almost running.

jaymo76
08-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Have you tried the QB sneak from the goal line formation with Jay Cutler???? Holy cow... 10-15 yards per attempt easily. This is a huge flaw that the game had a few years ago and it seems to be back.

Rudy
08-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Even with the strategy pad turned off it's still annoying. Definitely like NCAA control scheme better. Fast snapping CPU offence makes it a bit tough to make adjustments.

I OU a Beatn
08-21-2011, 03:47 PM
I've gotten used to the strategy pad and actually like it more now, which is weird. I tried several times with Madden '11 and I never stopped hating it.

Rudy
08-21-2011, 04:42 PM
I've gotten used to the strategy pad and actually like it more now, which is weird. I tried several times with Madden '11 and I never stopped hating it.

Do you use the default settings for the strategy pad? Can anyone even explain how to use it? I have no clue what is going on.

skipwondah33
08-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Not weird at all I prefer over NCAA's scheme as well. Well with the strategy pad links turned on. I get so confused going back to NCAA, especially changing a player's blitz assignment to straight down which you have to use the right stick to do, but on Madden its the directional pad

illwill10
08-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Ive got use to Strategy Pad on Offense. Once I got use to it I dont even need to use RS, I just use Directional Pad.
But defensive Strategy takes longer and with CPU Quick Snap, there is no time to use it. I want to use Individual Coverage on great Wrs, but it is almost a 4-Step process.

illwill10
08-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Not weird at all I prefer over NCAA's scheme as well. Well with the strategy pad links turned on. I get so confused going back to NCAA, especially changing a player's blitz assignment to straight down which you have to use the right stick to do, but on Madden its the directional pad
I agree. It took me some time to get use to NCAA's scheme after playing a couple demo games.
I would like Madden to have NCAA's Guess Pass/Run link

ram29jackson
08-21-2011, 05:55 PM
i'm not bothering with the demo..I'm either buying the game or not...but I heard the strategy pad is still there.. and i honestly dont get how after immediate hatred of it last year, they made no effort to get rid of it? it is as dumb but gets in the way much more than the vision cone and they just killed another year with it. My understanding is that it is in the demo. is there a chance its not in the new game ?????

I OU a Beatn
08-21-2011, 08:31 PM
You can turn the strategy pad off in both the demo and the final game, just like you could after they patched it last year.

skipwondah33
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah by strategy pad links. Did guys not do this last year? Or did some still not like it? Everything was good after the links were put in

ram29jackson
08-21-2011, 10:29 PM
You can turn the strategy pad off in both the demo and the final game, just like you could after they patched it last year.

that makes no difference if its online still

I OU a Beatn
08-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm not understanding what you mean. You can either use the strategy pad or turn it off and use the system that's in NCAA. It's entirely optional both offline and online.

skipwondah33
08-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Yeah its a global setting just like auto-strafe and auto-sprint. You set them for your profile, save then never worry about it again.

First thing I do is set my difficulty to All-Madden and change those 3 things then leave it alone the entirety of my time playing the game. I play exclusively on online

illwill10
08-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Just watched a great CPU vs. CPU game. The game was close the entire time. It was 3-3 tie, after the 3rd Quarter. Aaron Rodgers Clutch mustve turned on because he got HOT. THe 1st drive for Packers in the 4th Q went for a TD, up 10-3. The Bears drove down the field and scored a TD and tied the game 10-10 with .38 secs left. Packers had to drive the entire field and for a FG with 2 TOs. Aaron Rodgers made great throws. He drove them to the 33 yard line with 5 Secs left and Crosby hit the GW FG with .01 Sec left. On the kickoff, Packers Squib Kick it went out of bounds, but the returner touched the ball before it went of of bounds. They went for Hail Mary and the ball was knocked down.

It was a great CPU vs. CPU. The Clutch Trait really affects the game. Once the 4th Q starter, Aaron Rodgers really turned it on

jaymo76
08-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Having played this demo a ton of times... I will NOT be running PA anymore. It's just way too risky and most times ends with my QB face down five yards behind the LOS. Hopefully this works better in the retail.

steelerfan
08-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Having played this demo a ton of times... I will NOT be running PA anymore. It's just way too risky and most times ends with my QB face down five yards behind the LOS. Hopefully this works better in the retail.

Hmm. I only played about 4 games, but I remember a PA play where my receiver got 14 yards begging the Chicago SS for an easy 85-yard score.

skipwondah33
08-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah I've had it work well when I've set it up. It worked better with Rodgers than Cutler. Could be due to Rodgers having a better PAC rating or that the O-line is better but I've had success. Since auto-drop back is out it should be easier to run play action

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 10:05 AM
I can't wait for Friday so I can try out the Eagles. Their offense is going to be just disgusting. I'll still probably use the Rams online 99% of the time, but I also really want to try out the Bucs and the Cardinals. Both of them should also have very explosive offenses. I guess I'll try out the Pats, too, since I'll be using their play book as my base. I doubt I even make that many changes to their playbook, they already have most of the formations I'm looking for.

jaymo76
08-24-2011, 02:56 PM
I need to stop playing the demo as I have overplayed it and now the little things are starting to annoy me and they should not be annoying me until sometime in late September lol.

Rudy
08-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm done with the demo until retail myself. I want to use different teams and get commentary. Have the game pre-ordered through Amazon and the $20 credit.

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I haven't touched the demo for awhile now. I decided pretty early on that I was going to get the Season Ticket, so I didn't want to burn myself out on it. I may play a little bit tomorrow, but other than that, I'm content waiting til Friday.

jaymo76
08-24-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm done with the demo until retail myself. I want to use different teams and get commentary. Have the game pre-ordered through Amazon and the $20 credit.

Is that deal good for Canada too? I thought it weas only the US so I didn't even look at it.

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 07:02 PM
One thing that kind of baffles me? The CPU is able to generate nearly instant pressure versus me anytime it wants, and yet I have trouble even getting to the QB regardless of the blitz I call. I'm guessing online is going to be similar to how my pass rush is and that's not good. If people have that much time to throw, I'm going to get annoyed.

I'm also kind of clueless as to how a 92 speed player is able to keep step for step with Devin Hester. Every time I throw a deep ball, the defense is always able to keep stride for stride with whoever I throw to.

skipwondah33
08-24-2011, 07:05 PM
IOU, the CPU plays differently than a user. Meaning the game plays differently offline against the CPU. Against users you will be able to generate a rush I'm positive. I don't even grade a game in certain aspestcs while playing the CPU.

Oh and if Hester could just run away from guys like that on deep passes they would always do that in real life :D...pretty sure though it may due to his route running possibly

Rudy
08-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Is that deal good for Canada too? I thought it weas only the US so I didn't even look at it.

No, it's only in the US. But my brother works in Detroit and lets me have a lot of crap shipped to him from Amazon.com. The fact the identical item is often cheaper on the US site along with no tax is too hard to pass up at times. I got $1 release day shipping and with the $20 credit I basically paid $41 for Madden. It looks like I have a buyer on Kijiji for NCAA 12 at $30. I was hoping to get more but Best Buy and EB are only offering $20 to $21 on trade right now. I probably would have stayed over here if they had a decent trade value (was hoping for an EB Games power trade). Best Buy Canada is offering a $10 credit (reward zone points) to buy it but with our 13% tax it can't touch the Amazon.com deal.

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 07:26 PM
I was hoping to get more but Best Buy and EB are only offering $20 to $21 on trade right now.

You sure? In the states, EB has a thing where you get 30% extra for any games traded towards Madden, including NCAA. I did this just the other day and got $37 for NCAA, which I thought was fantastic. $3 for a one month rent? Hell yeah.

Rudy
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
The promotions are often different. I love those power trades but EB/Gamestop Canada hasn't offered one for Madden. The lack of popularity of college football over here also hurts trade values.

Tivs.ca tracks trade in values in Canada and the 360 version of NCAA 12 were getting $20 or $21 a week after release!

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 07:45 PM
I just checked out their Canadian site and it says if you trade two games valued at $8 or more, you get $50 towards Madden.

Link (http://www.gamestop.ca/tradeins)

Hell, that's better than the deal we have here in the States.

skipwondah33
08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Damn that's a great deal

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it is. I'm kind of jealous right now. :D

Rudy
08-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I just checked out their Canadian site and it says if you trade two games valued at $8 or more, you get $50 towards Madden.

Link (http://www.gamestop.ca/tradeins)

Hell, that's better than the deal we have here in the States.

But I don't have two trades with $8 plus trade in value lol. Plus they seem to find a way to keep trade values at $7 or less for a lot of games. That is the best deal currently. I think I saw Future Shop have a trade 3 get the game free (all minimum $8 tiv). That starts this Friday: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/aug-26th-sept-1st-weekly-flyers-bb-fs-wm-xeeros-deal-week-1073737/

David
08-26-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0hav-H4f1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y7NxRPIogw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7whzcb51PE

Rudy
06-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I redownloaded the Madden 12 demo as I traded in Madden 12 awhile ago and I wanted to compare it to NCAA. It's funny as I forgot how ugly the grass looked and how there was no commentary in the demo. That said I also forgot you could select difficulty level AND sliders and options in the game! Fantastic!

I must say I enjoyed playing the Madden 12 demo more than the NCAA 13 demo. I like how they show replays while you call plays. The replay system is automatically better than NCAA since I don't see any of those dumb replays that have three splines (QB, throw, WR catch) although M13 is adding those stupid things! I think the tackling and player interaction is more diverse and better than NCAA 13. NCAA is more than a year behind Madden in good player tackling animations and variety imo. Player movement is still smoother in the M12 demo although it may not be fair as I can make adjustments to options like slow game speed which makes this area even better. I do remember thinking the player weight and momentum was toned down in the retail version a bit (I didn't like this).

Just downloading the M12 demo makes me extremely confident that the gameplay in M13 will still be far more polished and better than NCAA 13 for my tastes and style. I can't even put my exact finger on why I haven't enjoyed the NCAA 13 demo but it just fails to excite me. There is no doubt about which game I will be buying this year.

jaymo76
06-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Rudy, I will be fascinated to get your take on Madden 13 after it drops. I thought the gameplay in Madden 12 was great. Had CCM been combined with all the features of offline FRANCHISE 12, then IMO I think Madden 13 could go down as one of the greats of our time. However, addition by subtraction I think will hurt this game in the end. I need good gameplay and all the bells and whistles. Based on Looman's twitter quotes I get the feeling that PLAYER EDITING and PLAY ANY GAME will NOT be coming back... ever.

Rudy
06-24-2012, 06:10 PM
There is a minor work around for the play every game Jaymo. If you start as an existing coach (don't create yourself) you can bounce from coach to coach to play other games. Shopmaster found this at the last community day event.