PDA

View Full Version : New friend! 4-2-5 Cover 1

TheRezyReb
08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
My base D is 4-2-5, I have leaned that cover 1 is awesome with this package(for runs and passes)

ram29jackson
08-04-2011, 03:29 PM
I think the the 4-2-5 is just a glorified nickle D

Keontez
08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
:1star: thread ranking.

explain why you like the play and what adjustments you make, if any. Coming in and just saying that you like a play without substance is pretty :fp:

TheRezyReb
08-05-2011, 04:54 AM
:1star: thread ranking.

explain why you like the play and what adjustments you make, if any. Coming in and just saying that you like a play without substance is pretty :fp:

Well, like I said, it's very effective for most run and pass plays. It's all about speed! I realy like it on pass plays as 90% of the people that I have played see man coverage and assume that a middle post or quick slant is a given, well with the defender in the mid playing zone(robber) and the free safety covering the deep zone, it's more than covered, usualy results in a sack or pick for most unsuspecting foes. It sems to do real well vs the run also, most try to hit the outside, there is a lot off speed in this package that catches the toss/counter in the backfield or for minimal gain.
Also, one of my audibles is the safety blitz out of the over scheme..... safety on one side and lb on other blitz, agian this works great vs the trendy toss and counter plays. the key is to show bump so that the safety stays back and dosen't show blitz, or what I do is let him show, they always audile a run to that side because it looks weak with the safety up in the middle of the line, then trianglr down to bump, he backs off just behind the lb's, he blitz's late. With the delay, be blitzes the runner. Making any sense??? haha just play with it... I have had good luck wiht both of these.

TheRezyReb
08-05-2011, 07:34 AM
I think the the 4-2-5 is just a glorified nickle D

good read http://www.buildingthedam.com/2010/9/3/1655936/inside-tcus-4-2-5-defense

majesty95
08-11-2011, 12:27 AM
good read http://www.buildingthedam.com/2010/9/3/1655936/inside-tcus-4-2-5-defense

I appreciate the read. I'm struggling a little with the 4-2-5 against humans but having great success against the CPU. Need to look for more speed and to simplify my coverages I guess. :)

gigemaggs99
08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Do ya'll like this D vs the pass? I'm feeling like I can stop the CPU, but it seems to be more balanced run/pass. When I play most human opponents they tend to be more pass heavy. I've tried the 3-4, which was what I liked, but against the pass it didn't work to well, I found myself going to the nickel and dime packages to try and shut down/limit the passing attack.

The 4-3 seems the same, I don't have much luck vs the pass.

I've been trying the 3-3-5, however I get hammered when they audible to a run up the gut, they don't get big yards but against good users, they pick me apart & grind it out.

I guess what I'm asking is, do ya'll like the 4-2-5, or what base defense do you like? I feel lost when it comes to defense. I need to read more and learn more. In real life, do teams that have a "base 3-4" come out in the 3-4 on passing downs? Or do they change to a nickel/dime package?....I guess what I'm asking is, if most people PASS a lot I'm not seeing how a base 3-4 or 4-3 defense really helps me when I'm coming out in nickel and dime the majority of the time? Right?

Thanks for any help/tips, suggestions.

TheRezyReb
08-14-2011, 06:20 AM
I played around with 4-2-5 some more, after getting burned a few times with a running qb that wouls sit in the pocket then sprint up the middle past my linemen for 10-15 yards at a time. I called the 4-2-5 normal double bullets, but hot routed one blitzer as a qb spy, the other to zone(up stick). Wow this has turned out to be a great D for most everthing the cpu has thrown at me, not sure how it's gonna work online, I'll let ya know this time tomorrow!

SeanOats
01-02-2012, 04:08 PM
How are you guys stopping the pass over the middle with this D? I haven't played it in a while but I seem to remember everyone cleared out and a receiver was wide open in the middle.

HailHail30
01-20-2012, 10:47 AM
I love the 4-2-5...it's been my weapon of choice for a couple years now.

It's an attacking defense that is designed to put tons of pressure on the QB. The "Smoke" blitzes with the safeties coming off the edge, or 1 SS/1 LB blitzes are the most effective. It's a defense that is dependent on swarming to the football and using it's speed to corral everything. In my dynasty, during the position changes section of the offseason, I always take two of my bigger, slower safeties and convert them to LB's, and in my formation subs, I always start my bigger DE's at DT. The point of this is to get as much speed on the field as possible...unless of course you play in a conference like the Big 10 that has a lot of power running teams. But if you play in the SEC or Big 12, the 4-2-5 is ideal for stopping any kind of spread offense.