PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Sprint: A little help

jbmorden19
08-03-2011, 07:19 PM
What is advantage of auto-sprint? Most importantly, can I override it with R2 and sprint if I want to at a certain time? Tried to do a search on here before posting but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

cdj
08-03-2011, 07:33 PM
A lot of top players recommend turning it off to make sure you don't fully sprint before reaching the lines/holes to run through.

There's been some discussion on if R2 does anything when Auto-Sprint is on. Some think it does, some think it doesn't, others think pressing it allows defenders to come off blocks easier/quicker. If it's habit to press R2 while running, I'd recommend just turning Auto-sprint off.

TheRezyReb
08-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I leave it on, I have developed the habit of pressing R-1 and pushing up on the right stick as well! No fumbles since I have started this!

OptionMasta
08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
I turn it off. I want to be able to control the speed of my player, not have the CPU do it for me.

Secondly, I am a BIG believer in the fact that when you sprint the defense comes off of their blocks. It's best to only sprint when you see a LOT of green in front of you, IMO.

jbmorden19
08-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Marlowe
08-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I turn it off. I want to be able to control the speed of my player, not have the CPU do it for me.

Secondly, I am a BIG believer in the fact that when you sprint the defense comes off of their blocks. It's best to only sprint when you see a LOT of green in front of you, IMO.

ditto this post...I turn both sprint and strafe off...

BCEagles
08-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I turned it off as well but it may be helpful if ur just starting out so that you don't go ahead of your blockers

pantherone26
09-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I also turn it off.

My backs don't hit the holes well or get to the outside and make the defense miss effectively while pressing the turbo button. Without turbo, the back has more control over his playmaking ability IMO. Once you hit the open field, that's when you want to hit the turbo.

AustinWolv
09-05-2011, 03:50 PM

Agreed here also

DariusLock
09-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Well, I had probs. with it. When I was playing my Offline CC when I was on defense and going to make a tackle if I held R2 it was like the DB would strafe or slow down....let the guy by him...then I release R2 in frustration and he takes off down the field chasing the guy down?!?!